PDA

View Full Version : McLaren Mercedes Group Photo - Young Karter Lewis Hamilton

Giuseppe F1
12th June 2007, 22:22
Wonder if anyone can help please

Im trying to track done this photo which ive seen around the net a few times.

Think its from 1998 and its a group shot of Silver Mercedes single seaters and their drivers.... showing the F1 car, F3000, F3 and a silver kart with the drivers perched by their relative machines (Coulthard, Hakkinen, Zonta, Lewis and others...)

Have been trying to locate it with no joy - if anyone can post a link, it would be very much appreciated

Thanking in advance

Giuseppe F1

stevie_gerrard
13th June 2007, 00:43
would this be the photo you happen to be after?

Heres the link for you: http://www.lewishamilton.com/page1.asp

go to gallery and karting pre-2002 if it doesnt take you automatically there. :)

raikk
14th June 2007, 01:13
I love that picture!

Giuseppe F1
23rd June 2007, 13:32
Thanks Stevie

That was EXACTLY the shot I was looking for - thanks for taking the time to post the link - very much appreciated buddy!

Can anyone identify all the drivers in the picture - im lost on one or two of them - Im pretty sure by going by the McLaren that the year is 1998:

F1:
Mika Hakkinen and David Coulthard

F3000:
Ricardo Zonta and (? Nicolas Minassian)

F3:
(? Nick Heidfeld/Peter Dumbreck) and Looks like Ralph Firman but dont think it is as recall he did his F3 with PSR??

Kart:
Lewis Hamilton and (?)

thinking about it....when Nick Heidfeld was a Mercedes Junior Team Diver....hed joined Prost in F1 in 1999 so did 'F3000' in 1998 so shouldnt he be posed against the F3000 car??

Unless this picture was taken in early 1999 and they just used the 1998 car for the shot???

Would be interesting to know who that other karter is? Was he another McLaren Mercedes Yound Driver Support Programme Driver or just the other guy who drove for whichever team in Karts Lewis was placed with - wonder what this guy is feeling now? :)

Thanks again Stevie for the link

Fatsu
25th June 2007, 23:34
Funny coincidence, on yesterday's News of the World newspaper in UK had a small interview of the mystery karting driver who is in the picture with Hamilton. Apparently, in 8 months after he started losing races they kicked him out of the McLaren Mercedes Yound Driver Support Programme. He said that not a day goes by him thinking what could have happened. His parents invested £500,000 for his driving career, but they ran out of funds and are living in a council house, because of debt.

Also, he said that he is happy for Hamilton that he made it. They never raced againt each other in races which I found out weird. His name is escaping from me though. I can't remember it. At the moment he is 23 years old and doing part time gardening. It is almost like an opposite story of hamilton's.

d_hill39
26th June 2007, 00:17
I think the name of the guy his Wesley Graves,they were sign together in 1999.