PDA

View Full Version : Montezemolo

mstillhere
12th June 2007, 04:00
My dear Ferrari tifosi, don't despair. Today Monty said that he's sure that in Indy Ferrari is going back in to the winning streak. http://it.eurosport.yahoo.com/11062007/35/f1-montezemolo-oggi-troppo-arrabbiato-ferrari-0.html
I don't know if he knows something that very few know or if he is refering to what happened last year, and he's hopefull to see it again.
(Remember that last year Ferrari did not do well in Montreal, either. So, to me it seems that this track can be added to the least favorable to Ferrari).

f1rocks
12th June 2007, 04:12
My dear Ferrari tifosi, don't despair. Today Monty said that he's sure that in Indy Ferrari is going back in to the winning streak. http://it.eurosport.yahoo.com/11062007/35/f1-montezemolo-oggi-troppo-arrabbiato-ferrari-0.html
I don't know if he knows something that very few know or if he is refering to what happened last year, and he's hopefull to see it again.
(Remember that last year Ferrari did not do well in Montreal, either. So, to me it seems that this track can be added to the least favorable to Ferrari).

I am sure Montezemolo is regretting losing MS now. The success had gotten to them and they thought they could win with anyone in their car. Surprise Surprise... Your car is nowhere with average drivers..Maybe MS made it look much better than it really was over the years barring maybe 2004 and 2002......Ferrari is sadly on its way to the dark ages again....

Also he can say whatever he wants but it is clear that Mclaren is faster. He needs to figure out how to beat the BMW's for second in WCC.

Lewis is going to win the WDC this year and he deserves it... Mark my words..

mstillhere
12th June 2007, 04:46
I am sure Montezemolo is regretting losing MS now. The success had gotten to them and they thought they could win with anyone in their car. Surprise Surprise... Your car is nowhere with average drivers..Maybe MS made it look much better than it really was over the years barring maybe 2004 and 2002......Ferrari is sadly on its way to the dark ages again....

Also he can say whatever he wants but it is clear that Mclaren is faster. He needs to figure out how to beat the BMW's for second in WCC.

Lewis is going to win the WDC this year and he deserves it... Mark my words..

Wait a minute. You seem like you are already giving up. Look, things change all the time in F1. It's way too early in the champioship to freak out over a couple of races lost. And even Hamilton said that things will get harder for them, from now on. Look, it's not like only Ferrari has been in dark periods (although I think that's not the case). McLaren just got out of it. Look at Renault. What are they supposed to say? It's true that Ferrari needs to bring home some heavy points but it's also true that the championship is far from over. After all, to be honest with you, I'm happier that Hamilton, and not Alonso, won this race. It's true that Lewis was very lucky in this race (as Alonso said) but I still consider Alonso more dangerous. But that's me.

f1rocks
12th June 2007, 05:09
Wait a minute. You seem like you are already giving up. Look, things change all the time in F1. It's way too early in the champioship to freak out over a couple of races lost. And even Hamilton said that things will get harder for them, from now on. Look, it's not like only Ferrari has been in dark periods (although I think that's not the case). McLaren just got out of it. Look at Renault. What are they supposed to say? It's true that Ferrari needs to bring home some heavy points but it's also true that the championship is far from over. After all, to be honest with you, I'm happier that Hamilton, and not Alonso, won this race. It's true that Lewis was very lucky in this race (as Alonso said) but I still consider Alonso more dangerous. But that's me.

What given up. I had high hopes on both Kimi and Massa. But they have proved that both are nothing special. Massa can only win if he is leading the race. Kimi seems to have forgotten how to race. I knew this was going to happen. Luca deserves the blame for this.....So does Todt and other Ferrari management. Ross knew all this politics crap from Luca and therefore rightly went on a sabbatical.... Hence they suffer even more...

If not for Lewis Hamilton, this season would have been third time Lucky for Alonso...Lets hope Ferrari replace Kimi or Massa with Lewis...Otherwise it will be another long dark ages period for them.

BTW: I honestly dont care that much for Ferrari. I was and will always be foremost a MS fan. After MS retirement Lewis Hamilton's driving is the only thing has brought me back to F1....

leopard
12th June 2007, 05:13
It's true that Lewis was very lucky in this race (as Alonso said) but I still consider Alonso more dangerous. But that's me.
With a string attached that RD will give more favorable strategy for Alonso.

I think Indy should become the last parameter for the whole performance of ferrari in the next rest races this season. Such FASTtrack and their experience using bridgestone should advantage them before another.

mstillhere
12th June 2007, 05:40
With a string attached that RD will give more favorable strategy for Alonso.

I think Indy should become the last parameter for the whole performance of ferrari in the next rest races this season. Such FASTtrack and their experience using bridgestone should advantage them before another.

I agree and if lady luck won't smile upon us, I predict that heads will start falling.

ShiftingGears
12th June 2007, 07:30

I thought he said that Ferrari would be back on a winning streak after Monaco as well?

wmcot
12th June 2007, 07:41
Ferrari is a strong second and has won 3 races this year - why has everybody given up? They may end the season there, or they may be able to pull up their performance. Let's stop putting the nails in the coffin until they go back to being a back of the grid team. It seems like many Tifosi are not happy without total domination of every race and in every category! I would have thought that since 2005, only the true fans would still be with Ferrari.

mstillhere
12th June 2007, 18:49
I thought he said that Ferrari would be back on a winning streak after Monaco as well?

I have no idea why some people think so. I know that Massa said what he said about this track but obviously he did not remember what happened last year. The way I see it is that the next race at Indy is pretty much their last chance to have credible chances to win both titles, otherwise it will be pretty useless to keep their crew as it is and a major reshake will be needed.

donKey jote
12th June 2007, 21:08
Lucky for Craponso

:dozey:

boohoo

F1boat
13th June 2007, 07:59
I do think that Ferrari must win Indy, to stay in contention. If both their drivers become at -20 pts to the championship leader (Hamilton or Alonso), all is lost. Sadly, I think that the car is not up to the challenge. Since Rory Burne left the team after 2004 nothing is right :(

ioan
13th June 2007, 09:46
:dozey:

boohoo

Don't be so sensible!
It's just the beginning, remember what MS fans had to put up with in terms of name calling all these years? Prepare for the same! :p :

ioan
13th June 2007, 09:48
As for Ferrari winning or not at Indy it depends on getting everything right, and I mean everything not just part of it. In fact they need to get the pole position or a good start.

Felipe is fast and if it wasn't for that red light he might have been 2nd last week end.

Ranger
13th June 2007, 10:04
As for Ferrari winning or not at Indy it depends on getting everything right, and I mean everything not just part of it. In fact they need to get the pole position or a good start.

Felipe is fast and if it wasn't for that red light he might have been 2nd last week end.

I agree with the lot of that... with McLaren pulling away I think Massa is the only driver in Ferrari with a chance at the 2007 title and at the moment that seems to be a waning ambition, not to mention the constructor's title.

Massa may have indeed got 2nd in Canada if he hadn't been DQ'd but the somewhat silly new SC rules messed everyone up, so everyone may have finished in a different spot if their strategy and luck was different.

SGWilko
13th June 2007, 11:36
Massa can only win if he is leading the race.

Difficult winning from second you know!!! :D

ioan
13th June 2007, 11:41
Difficult winning from second you know!!! :D

Every race this season was won by the car that went first through the first turn, so I can't fault Felipe there if I'm not to contest also KR, FA and LW's ability to win from 2nd.

The fact that the Ferrari seems not to be able to run close enough to a car to make a pass it's however a problem but not a driver induced one.

longisland
14th June 2007, 06:22
Nicholas Tombazis... I mentioned before, just in case you forgot.http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/eek.gif
Eek