PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to Silverstone, Who is going???

Mysterious Rock
11th June 2007, 16:37
After much thought and waiting should I go or not, after Lewis' perfomance yesterday, I feel I cant afford to miss it now, Ive been every year since my first in 99, and after last years zzzzzzzzzfest was in 2 minds whether to spend the small fortune to go, as a general admission is not worth the hassle.

Who else is going?

rohanweb
11th June 2007, 17:14
anyone coming down to silverstone for a beer ???

wouldnt it be cool to see LH wins at silverstone ;-)

BTW as Murry says Go!Go!Go! where can I get a ticket for £99 quid?

hugh_lee
11th June 2007, 17:22
anyone knows how much it costs to watch race day? migt be in the uk then. would love to watch my first live f1 race

Spoonbender
11th June 2007, 17:25
I'm going next week to watch Testing, It's only a tenner to get in, gandstand seat and all, yeeehaw

GridGirl
11th June 2007, 18:16
I'll be going, still have received my tickets yet but the website said they were being depatched this month.

Grandstand seating for the testing? Are you sure you've got that right Spoonbender? They never used to open up the grandstands, except for the seating at bridge. Then again maybe they've opened them this year to justify charging people.

BeansBeansBeans
11th June 2007, 18:53
I'm going for the whole 3 days. I've had it booked for ages. I'll be down at Copse all weekend!

Mysterious Rock
11th June 2007, 19:01
Im sitting at Luffield, I reckon its the best spectator viewing corner

DanielB
11th June 2007, 19:07
I'm doing testing on Weds 20th - planning to be at bridge corner for some shots of the cars at high speed.

Anyone know which teams and drivers are attending?

Mysterious Rock
11th June 2007, 19:08
Just been on news about surge in ticket sales today, General Addmission sold out now just seats left and not many of them either

Ian McC
11th June 2007, 22:47
This will be my third year in a row, the best bit of last year was Lewis in GP2 and that three car wide overtaking, really looking forward to this year :D

GridGirl
11th June 2007, 22:56
Pahhhh Ian, way to make me feel old. :p This year will be my 10th British GP in a row.

I don't really want to think how much I've spent on GP's in the last 10 years. Must be mad! :s

Stuartf12007
11th June 2007, 23:27
ill be in the Ferrari vip area

Ian McC
11th June 2007, 23:39
Pahhhh Ian, way to make me feel old. :p This year will be my 10th British GP in a row.

I don't really want to think how much I've spent on GP's in the last 10 years. Must be mad! :s

Old? I doubt you are older than me, must just earn more money :p :

Ian McC
12th June 2007, 08:51
I'll be going, still have received my tickets yet but the website said they were being depatched this month.

Ours arrived this morning :D

Spoonbender
12th June 2007, 10:59

Grandstand seating for the testing? Are you sure you've got that right Spoonbender? They never used to open up the grandstands, except for the seating at bridge. Then again maybe they've opened them this year to justify charging people.

G.G. I rang them last week to check on parking (it wasn't mentioned anywhere on the website) The guy at Silverstone told me, park at the circuit, sit in the Pit Straight Grandstand, if loads of people turn up then they'll open another grandstand.
I've never been to testing before, only race weekends, so not sure what to expect, but for a tenner, you just gotta go. I'll report on it when I get back.

Spoonbender
12th June 2007, 11:04
I'm doing testing on Weds 20th - planning to be at bridge corner for some shots of the cars at high speed.

Anyone know which teams and drivers are attending?

Hey hey, we're going on the Wednesday too.
No guarantee who'll be there, but Goodwood is on the following weekend with all the British drivers and more going to that so they should be in this country.

ArrowsFA1
12th June 2007, 11:28
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/59694

Never mind Silverstone, I dread to think how busy Goodwood will be on the Sunday now :eek: :eek:

GridGirl
12th June 2007, 11:49
Spoonbender, testing is good but it does get a bit boring after an hour or so. Sounds good that they are opening the grandstands, they never used too. You should be able to get some good photo's if you've got a decent camera.

Ohhh Ian, you've got me all excited now I know people are getting tickets. Wish mine would hurry up, need to get my parking pass on ebay. Got over £30 for it last year. :D

When I went to Goodwood, I didn't really get close to any driver's apart from Stirling Moss. Mind, I think I'm still distubed by the memories of Nico Rosberg kissing the face off his girlfriend. I'm glad the Hamilton factor is making more people go to the GP and Goodwood, but being realistic I doubt many people will actually get a see him let alone meet him.

Spoonbender
12th June 2007, 15:35
G.G. Can U tell me, last time U went to testing, were the Burger vans there??? As we're not going VIP, we're leaving early in the morning and will want to get breakfast at Silverstone (bacon butty type thing) many thanks.

GridGirl
13th June 2007, 00:16
Yeah there were some along the pit straight down by where the Silverstone/Bridge shop is. There are only Burger vans though, nothing else to choose from from what I can remember. You can always stop off at the Little Chef or McDonalds on the A43 if you want breakfast.

Spoonbender
13th June 2007, 10:10
Burger van sounds good too me, thanks for the info.

Brown, Jon Brow
13th June 2007, 10:39

Old? I doubt you are older than me, must just earn more money :p :

More money than sense?

:erm:

Pedalpusher
14th June 2007, 11:39
I was planning to go for the Friday practice day, but I've just found out that you can't pay on the day for Friday only :( It's a £99 three day ticket or nothing!

Anyway, I'm now going to one of the test days next week too :D
I'm only after getting some decent photos.

GridGirl
14th June 2007, 12:02
More money than sense?

:erm:

I better not mention my spend on foreign GP's then had I. :p

CarlMetro
14th June 2007, 17:30
This year will be the first time in 15 years that I haven't attended. The past two years have been boring and processional, with the only real excitement coming from the GP2 races.

Ever since they stopped 'normal' people doing centre transfers general admission isn't really worth it and I can't justify spending upwards of £400 on something which doesn't reall excite me like it used to.

CarlMetro
14th June 2007, 17:36

You can get decent stuff from pit straight, despite the fencing.......

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2279435010079049095VKhpol

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2435089910079049095sxyFuI

DanielB
15th June 2007, 01:00
Do we have to book tickets for testing in advance, or just turn up and pay on the day?

GridGirl
15th June 2007, 08:26
http://www.silverstone.co.uk/php/rm_f1test_june.php

Either. I thought they'd open more of the track up now you have to pay, sadly not.

Pedalpusher
15th June 2007, 14:05
Do we have to book tickets for testing in advance, or just turn up and pay on the day?

On the Silverstone website, for the testing next week, it says you can pay on the day. £10.

suhail
15th June 2007, 15:47
SILVERSTONE and NURBURGRING here i come !! should be a great weekends of racing with the Gp2 series as well!!

Pedalpusher
17th June 2007, 20:55
Does anyone know if most of the top teams are expected to be at the test at Silverstone this week?

Vaughan2005
18th June 2007, 00:48
Does anyone know if most of the top teams are expected to be at the test at Silverstone this week?

All of the F1 Teams apart from Honda (Honda & Super Aguri) Teams are going to be there, so there will be 9 confirmed teams there for all 3 days.

:)

Gannex
18th June 2007, 01:50
My British GP tickets arrived yesterday. I'm glad to have them, of course, but a pretty poor package I thought. Usually, there's a whole lot of gubbins to get you excited about the weekend; this year, just a poxy little concertina guide to the weekend, and a couple of special offers on magazines. C'mon Damon! Get those marketing people on the job!!!

SteveA
18th June 2007, 10:23

As Carl says, Pit Straight Grandstand (I was in Gold Pit Straight A in 2005) is a reasonable place to get photos from, however the seats are quite tightly packed and if you have a big lens you have to be careful not to clobber the person in front of you with it!

http://www.spanet.demon.co.uk/StevePics05/index.htm

Pedalpusher
18th June 2007, 12:17
All of the F1 Teams apart from Honda (Honda & Super Aguri) Teams are going to be there, so there will be 9 confirmed teams there for all 3 days.

:)

Thanks very much :up:

Pedalpusher
18th June 2007, 12:20
As Carl says, Pit Straight Grandstand (I was in Gold Pit Straight A in 2005) is a reasonable place to get photos from, however the seats are quite tightly packed and if you have a big lens you have to be careful not to clobber the person in front of you with it!

http://www.spanet.demon.co.uk/StevePics05/index.htm

I'm actually only going to the test day this week, not the actual race. I've got something else on that Sunday.
Thanks for the tip though. :)

SteveA
18th June 2007, 14:49
I'm actually only going to the test day this week, not the actual race. I've got something else on that Sunday.
Thanks for the tip though. :)

You'll certainly have more freedom to move around then!

I'm going to a test day at Spa in July (and the race in Sep). I expect I'll get better pics on the test day, although the grandstand I'm in for the race isn't actually there at the moment!