PDA

View Full Version : Regan Smith to compete full time in #01 car next year.

RaikkonenRules
7th June 2007, 20:08
Regan Smith will be likely to compete full time in the Cup series next year thanks to his excellent performences in the Busch Series this year.

jayski.com

dwboogityfan
8th June 2007, 10:07
Don't think Regan will be full time in the #01, as Mark is still doing part-time. I'd expect Regan to be in either a fourth Ginn car or the #13 if Nemechek goes.

#6CupFan
8th June 2007, 16:15
I think Martin will be back in the 01 next year, full time or part time with more races scheduled - especially if he makes the chase this season. Though he'll say different ;)

Marlin will likely go part time next year, so a situation such as this years could present itself for Smith, or as said Nemechek may vacate the 13.

Add Dale Jr into the mix too in a fourth/ fifth car :eek:

blakebeatty
8th June 2007, 16:17
I spoke with a guy at Ginn racing at length during the 600 weekend, and he was SOOOOOO confident that Jr. was going to Ginn. Led me to believe that perhaps something had already been worked out.

That team will enjoy very much success in the near future i suspect

RaikkonenRules
8th June 2007, 21:13
I highly doubt Martin will make the chase. Remember he still going to be missing about 5 or 6 more races before the chase.

muggle not
8th June 2007, 21:18
Regan is a nice young man with talent yet to be developed and I hope he gets the full time ride in 2008 with Ginn.

call_me_andrew
8th June 2007, 22:12
Next year Mark will be gone and never heard from again. This isn't news, this is the natural order of things.

djarumdudley
9th June 2007, 06:39
after reading that Sterling Marlin wants to cut back, here's how i see it:
Mark Martin & Sterling Marlin share the 01, Dale Earnhardt Jr moves into the 14, as it's in the top 35, Joe Nemechek is back in the 13, and a new team is created for Regan Smith bringing Ginn racing to the four team cap.

dwboogityfan
9th June 2007, 22:14
I would be surprised if Mark and Sterling shared the same car because both will want to race the big races. For example do you put Mark who finished 2nd this year or Sterling who has won the 500 twice in the car for Daytona? I'd expect to see Ricky Carmeichel in one of the cars at some stage. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sterling do the full 2008 though if he continues to run better.

tassiedevilAB
14th June 2007, 12:16
I spoke with a guy at Ginn racing at length during the 600 weekend, and he was SOOOOOO confident that Jr. was going to Ginn. Led me to believe that perhaps something had already been worked out.

That team will enjoy very much success in the near future i suspect

Well that guy was either full of himself, or wishing really hard that Dale jr was going there, that is one you can strike off your list?

Smith has been doing all right but i wouldn't say he has set the busch series on fire so far, NOT LIKE AMBROSE'S BBQ LAST WEEK. got any shrimps for an apertiser.