PDA

View Full Version : Jacques at it again zzzzz

bontebempo
6th June 2007, 17:28
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/6726711.stm

I like JV but come on mate, call it a day. Its dull listening to you moan about F1 drivers.

truefan72
6th June 2007, 17:56
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/6726711.stm

I like JV but come on mate, call it a day. Its dull listening to you moan about F1 drivers.

my thoughts exactly!

Corny
6th June 2007, 18:24
well, if he thinks like that, just let him do..

your opinion would've been in this forum (as a topic) too if you were populair:P

F1boat
6th June 2007, 19:18
I am amazed how JV can comment on other people's starts - he wasn't gentleman at the start as well.

F1boat
6th June 2007, 19:19
I like, however, that for JV there are no "sacred drivers", who should not be criticized:
"Villeneuve's remarks are the first time Hamilton has faced any public criticism since the start of his F1 career this season." - said BBC and I add - AT LAST ;)

Dave B
6th June 2007, 19:21
Five starts, five podiums, joint Championship leader.

Yup, Lewis sure needs driving tips from Jacques :rolleyes:

F1boat
6th June 2007, 19:25
Umm, Dave, Jacques WON his 4th F1 race and won his first qualifying;
so he is not necessary a weaker driver.

Ian McC
6th June 2007, 19:29
I like, however, that for JV there are no "sacred drivers", who should not be criticized:
"Villeneuve's remarks are the first time Hamilton has faced any public criticism since the start of his F1 career this season." - said BBC and I add - AT LAST ;)

Why? Just because you are fed up with the praise? Not really a reason to say anything bad, so your 'at last' just comes across as sour grapes.

Villeneuve has nothing interesting to say here.

Dave B
6th June 2007, 19:40
Umm, Dave, Jacques WON his 4th F1 race and won his first qualifying;
so he is not necessary a weaker driver.
I've not said he was a weaker driver - he's a former WDC and even with the best car that doesn't happen by accident.

It's the Canadian GP this week and JV needs to do something to keep his name in the news - so he comes out with some twaddle about the most talked about driver of the moment.

ioan
6th June 2007, 19:41
Why? Just because you are fed up with the praise? Not really a reason to say anything bad, so your 'at last' just comes across as sour grapes.

But when he was harping about MS you were singing his praises about how it is good to have people talk their mind.

I already pointed out that Hamilton was having MS style starts. But there were not too many around here criticizing him in the same way the were crying out loud when MS did the same.

Double standards and hypocrisy. :rolleyes:

CharlieJ
6th June 2007, 19:47
Too aggressive???????????

That's a bit rich coming from Villeneuve - he wasn't exactly noted for being soft.

Firstgear
6th June 2007, 19:51
It's the Canadian GP this week and JV needs to do something to keep his name in the news - so he comes out with some twaddle about the most talked about driver of the moment.

Are you saying that JV was following the media around and forcing them to quote him in their articles? I think it may have been the other way around. The media follow him because they know he doesn't employ a politically correct PR man to seive his words. I'm not saying I agree with what he's said. I just don't have a problem with him speaking his mind.

Go on JV - tell it how you see it.

andreag
6th June 2007, 20:02
I already pointed out that Hamilton was having MS style starts.
You're absolutely right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXcu9uC9RXg

scaliwag
6th June 2007, 20:03
Ho, how I admired Jacque when he took the seat at Williams, he was a breath of fresh air in F1 he even eclipsed his father.
I, like millions of others wished him well.

However Williams time at the top had come to an end, Jacque knew it, he made no bones about it.
As the champion he had options to move wherever he chose, unfortunately he sold his ambition for a bank vault of cash by joining BAR, result ignominy, recently Jacques media remarks have become increasingly acid toward the new young drivers.

Poor old Jacques, I guess he's auditioning for Eddie Irvine's job, winge-winge-moan-moan,if only-if only.

Jacque you had it, you made it, then you blew it.

Leave the young hot foots to fight it out.

F1boat
6th June 2007, 20:46
Why? Just because you are fed up with the praise?

Aha.
Also because after all bashing to Kimi and Fernando, it comes as something original ;)

wedge
6th June 2007, 22:25
What Lewis did at the start at Malaysia was a bit naughty, but I've seen worse from Senna and Schumi.

andreag
6th June 2007, 22:43
What Lewis did at the start at Malaysia was a bit naughty, but I've seen worse from Senna and Schumi.
He was fair at Malaysia; that video is from Bahrain.

Racehound
6th June 2007, 22:43

not Jacques thinking head!!.....only his green-eyed monster head!!!!!

Racehound
6th June 2007, 22:52
....yes!!!!! you mean Bahrain....he stayed on track and took the position!!!!!!!.....what was wrong with that!!!!!!!!!!!????????????........same as Fernando tried to do at Barca but FM wasnt gonna be done 2 out of 2 off the line so he kept his foot in and forced FA to go off line in what imo should have been scrutinised at least!!!!!....as for Ayrton and tricky it is difficult to try and compare them because of the politics overlying the 2 different eras........and the men in direct control over their careers....... :)

wedge
7th June 2007, 01:58
When I say worse, I meant squeezing your opponent onto the grass or pitwall.

Actually if watch video carefully, Lewis appears as if he's trying to disrupt the slipstream and then commits the whole car to inside.

Valve Bounce
7th June 2007, 03:13
Wake me up when Lewis tries to run somebody into a concrete wall. Until then, don't yell too loud. :eek:

leopard
7th June 2007, 04:25
I think being aggressive without breaking the car is brilliant.

Usually someone criticized someone else about something he didn't have or unable to do himself.

mstillhere
7th June 2007, 04:37

Since when two wrongs make one right?

ioan
7th June 2007, 09:32
Since when two wrongs make one right?

Since we discuss an English driver! ;)

aryan
7th June 2007, 12:43
Jacque you had it, you made it, then you blew it.

:up:

I never thought the day would come when JV would be envious.

BDunnell
7th June 2007, 12:54
I think being aggressive without breaking the car is brilliant.

Usually someone criticized someone else about something he didn't have or unable to do himself.

Exactly. I wouldn't give him the exposure any more, personally. I'd rather hear people like Watson and Stewart giving their views than someone who is clearly still rather bitter about being forced out of F1.

icsunonove
7th June 2007, 18:00
You're absolutely right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXcu9uC9RXg

I have to say I'm surprised that Hamilton got away with that, I remember thinking at the time he appeared to be weaving around a lot. Perhaps the stewards cut him some slack because he was new to F1. If that incident is what JV was referring to I think he has a fair point, although it is the only controversial move I can recall Hamilton making since he started in F1.

Easy Drifter
7th June 2007, 19:52
Well at least JV started something, like this thread.

Ian McC
7th June 2007, 20:43
But when he was harping about MS you were singing his praises about how it is good to have people talk their mind.

:rolleyes:

No I wasn't

Dave B
8th June 2007, 10:11
During Thursday's press conference Wurz and Fisi refused to criticise Hamilton's starts. Seperately so did Massa - arguably the driver who has been Lewis' main rival on track. Thanks for your opinion JV, it's always interesting, but this time you're wrong.

Source:http://www.formula1.com/race/news/6230/775.html
Q: (Jean-Francois Bégin – La Presse) A question for all four drivers. Jacques Villeneuve managed to make headlines yesterday by being highly critical of Lewis Hamilton's style, saying that he should even have been black flagged for his so called chopping moves. I was wondering what your thoughts were about that?
JB: I haven't seen it, I've been so far back. I haven't seen any moves at the start of a race, I wish I had but I haven't.
RS: I can't comment, I didn't see anything.
AW: I think in a way Jacques might find it more and more difficult in the future to find comments he can give that we can be asked about. I see no problem with racing, you know it is hard, you just have to defend your line.
GF: I think sometimes Jacques talks quite a lot with the press and... Sometimes he talks too much. (laughter)

Source: http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=39495
Several of Hamilton’s rivals have rallied to his defence – including Felipe Massa, with whom he has raced perhaps more closely than anyone else in his short F1 career.
“We saw a good fight in every race this year,” said Massa.
“The stewards are there to see if anybody does anything wrong, and I don’t think people did anything wrong.
“But I don’t like to comment on these politics because it doesn’t help anyone.”
When pressed further on Hamilton’s driving, Massa added: “For me it was normal, like I didn’t do anything wrong in Barcelona.”

leopard
8th June 2007, 10:20
During Thursday's press conference Wurz and Fisi refused to criticise Hamilton's starts. Seperately so did Massa - arguably the driver who has been Lewis' main rival on track.
They are perhaps afraid of being squeezed when they start the race off from behind Hamilton :D

ioan
8th June 2007, 10:29
:rolleyes:

No I wasn't

OK you weren't (have no time to search so I'll believe you).

Garry Walker
8th June 2007, 14:50

I already pointed out that Hamilton was having MS style starts. But there were not too many around here criticizing him in the same way the were crying out loud when MS did the same.

Double standards and hypocrisy. :rolleyes:
Hamilton is a british hero and a gentleman.
Schumacher is a big-chinned ugly german (remember the war!!!), who speaks with an accent.
Thats the "logic" of bashers.

Someone needs to ask Villeneuve if his new album has gone platinum already LOL

aryan
8th June 2007, 17:36
I think in a way Jacques might find it more and more difficult in the future to find comments he can give that we can be asked about. I see no problem with racing, you know it is hard, you just have to defend your line.

:laugh: I love Anthony Wurz. He is not that quick, but he has a very likable personality. His comments are always the most sensible in the field. :up:

Hondo
9th June 2007, 06:35
Exactly. I wouldn't give him the exposure any more, personally. I'd rather hear people like Watson and Stewart giving their views than someone who is clearly still rather bitter about being forced out of F1.

Forced out of Formula 1? The man has worked very hard to ensure that no F1 team in it's right mind would want him. No team has ever wanted him back and even Peter Sauber has recently said in hindsight, he wouldn't have hired JV either if given the chance to do it again.

JV is out of Formula 1 because of JV.

Dave B
9th June 2007, 09:28
:laugh: I love Anthony Wurz. He is not that quick, but he has a very likable personality. His comments are always the most sensible in the field. :up:
Is he Alexander's brother? :p

aryan
9th June 2007, 10:20
Is he Alexander's brother? :p

:) Sorry, slip of the tongue ;)

PSfan
10th June 2007, 02:34
Well, I'm pretty sure that was actually JV's second time he's voiced his opinion about Chop Huey's starts. And until now I have been critical of Hamilton's Monaco start because he made no attempt to battle for first, but now, after JV's comments it made me go back and have another look, and that chop across Massa's nose... Well Michael couldn't have done it better!!!

PSfan
10th June 2007, 02:39
Oh and as for Fisi, and Wurz comments about JV during the Thursday conference... I should cut them a little slack considering perhaps it was a stupid question to pose to them, but come on? Maybe they are both a little jeolous that the press are more interested in talking with the retired then these two. and with the way Wurz has been running this year, He'll be retired soon too, and I guarantee that the press won't be to interested in what he has to say once he hangs up the helmut

aryan
10th June 2007, 05:33
Oh and as for Fisi, and Wurz comments about JV during the Thursday conference... I should cut them a little slack considering perhaps it was a stupid question to pose to them, but come on? Maybe they are both a little jeolous that the press are more interested in talking with the retired then these two. and with the way Wurz has been running this year, He'll be retired soon too, and I guarantee that the press won't be to interested in what he has to say once he hangs up the helmut

I bet the Austrian press will be ;)

ioan
10th June 2007, 15:49
...once he hangs up the helmut

Helmut who? :p :

PSfan
10th June 2007, 20:21
Helmut who? :p :

Well, I was gonna back peddle and refer to it as me describing the Williams car as a Hell Mutt (evil dog.. :p : ) but I'll confess, my little spelling typo was probably a little to do with tiredness...

But go figure, I'll chaulk up Wurz's 3rd place finish at the Canadian Gp down to PSfan's Karma, I bad mouth a driver, and then he turns in a good result...