PDA

View Full Version : are YOU! driving a girls car?

Stuartf12007
5th June 2007, 21:34
This a list of cars that are only suited for girls.

Renault Clio(standard version)
Ford Fiesta(all incarnations)
VW Polo
Mini(excl Cooper S)
Nissan Micra
Honda Jazz
The Smart Car
Hyundai Coupe
Peugeot 306(all incarnations)
Ford KA
Peugeot 106(all models)
VW Beetle
Citroen Saxo
Citroen C2
All Chevrolets(UK models)
Ford Cougar
Vauxhall Tigra
Suzsuki Swift
Mitsibushi Colt
VW Fox
Toyota MR2
Citroen Picasso
Mazda MX5
MG TF

If you are male and you own and drive any of these...be ashamed be very very ashamed(and embarrassed).

luvracin
5th June 2007, 21:44
Umm.... NO.

I drive a certain German built rwd six cylinder that according to the other thread makes me an a-hole.

Sometimes I drive my wifes Corolla to keep the miles down on the afor mentioned machine-of-superior-handling-but-which-maketh-the-owner-an-a-hole.

But as that doesn't show up on your list(which surprises me) I can still say NO. :p

Caroline
5th June 2007, 21:46
If you are male and you own and drive any of these...be ashamed be very very ashamed(and embarrassed).

You failed to mention what you drive? :p :

Stuartf12007
5th June 2007, 21:59
Type R

GridGirl
5th June 2007, 22:17
I drive a so called girls car and I am a girl. Shall I congratulate myself now and what do I win for getting my car choice right? :p

Most of the car listed are cars which can be said a large perecentage of the market are women drivers. They include pretty cars, run arounds, and cars that some women would just like to drive. Alot of them weren't highly powered either, perfect run arounds so to speak. 50% of the population are women, of course car manufacturer's are going to tailor a product to meet their requirements.

They were also cars that include entry level cars. Cars that young people that dont have the purchasing power to buy faster and more expensive cars will buy. Not every 18 year old lad can just go out and buy a Type R, not unless they have a very nice daddy, trust fund, or lottery win :p

Oh and why include a 106 and 306 but not a 206?

Brown, Jon Brow
5th June 2007, 23:31
Renault Clio(standard version) NO
Ford Fiesta(all incarnations) NO
VW Polo YES
Mini(excl Cooper S) YES
Nissan Micra YES
Honda Jazz GRANDMOTHERS CAR ;)
The Smart Car YES
Hyundai Coupe YES
Peugeot 306(all incarnations) NO
Ford KA YES
Peugeot 106(all models) NO
VW Beetle YES
Citroen Saxo NO
Citroen C2 YES
All Chevrolets(UK models) NO
Ford Cougar YES
Vauxhall Tigra YES
Suzsuki Swift YES (TIFFANY DELL LIKES THEM :laugh: )
Mitsibushi Colt YES
VW Fox :erm:
Toyota MR2 YES
Citroen Picasso YES
Mazda MX5 YES
MG TF YES

Stuartf12007
5th June 2007, 23:36
Well done GridGirl for having a Girls Car and feel free to add your own choices.

will any of the boys own up to owning a girls car lol

Zico
6th June 2007, 00:02
Renault Clio(standard version) NO
Ford Fiesta(all incarnations) NO
VW Polo YES
Mini(excl Cooper S) YES
Nissan Micra YES
Honda Jazz GRANDMOTHERS CAR ;)
The Smart Car YES
Hyundai Coupe YES
Peugeot 306(all incarnations) NO
Ford KA YES
Peugeot 106(all models) NO
VW Beetle YES
Citroen Saxo NO
Citroen C2 YES
All Chevrolets(UK models) NO
Ford Cougar YES
Vauxhall Tigra YES
Suzsuki Swift YES (TIFFANY DELL LIKES THEM :laugh: )
Mitsibushi Colt YES
VW Fox :erm:
Toyota MR2 YES
Citroen Picasso YES
Mazda MX5 YES
MG TF YES

Totally agree, whoever made that up doesnt have a scooby ;) .... or a Type-R :D

CCFanatic
6th June 2007, 00:29

Renault Clio(standard version)Cannot buy one in US
Ford Fiesta(all incarnations)Cannot buy in US
VW Polo Cannot buy in US
Mini(excl Cooper S) My parents have one and I drive it all the time. And it is not a S, it is a John Cooper edition
Nissan Micra Cannot buy in US
Honda Jazz Cannot buy in US
The Smart Car Too danerous when they arrive in US
Hyundai Coupe No, still question Hyundai's reliability
Peugeot 306(all incarnations)Cannot buy in US
Ford KA Cannot buy in US
Peugeot 106(all models) Cannot buy in US
VW Beetle my siste owns one and I have driven it before and did enjoy it.
Citroen Saxo Cannot buy in US
Citroen C2 Cannot buy in US
All Chevrolets(UK models) Same as above, Not sold in america
Ford Cougar Called mercury cougar in US and not sold anymore.
Vauxhall Tigra Not sold in NA
Suzsuki Swift Not sold in NA
Mitsibushi Colt Not sold in NA
VW Fox Not sold in NA
Toyota MR2 I want one. Those things when modified are nice
Citroen Picasso Cannot buy in US
Mazda MX5 It is a Mazda. I support Mazda b/c of there involement in CC. I would buy it
MG TF Not sold in NA

I would buy many of those, "chick" cars.

Rollo
6th June 2007, 00:59

Ford KA

I drive a Ford Ka with 135bhp at the axle, variable value timing, front wishbones, turbocharging, Formula Ford heads and cold filtered intakes.
I feel very ashamed that my Ka can do 125mph and zip through traffic whilst people in big lunkers get stuck. I feel even more embarrassed as I only take 30L on as fuel whilst much bigger cars take on ouble and still don't go as far as I can.

The Ka is the 86th coolest car of all time according to Car magazine and appears on Top Gear's Cool Wall in the "Cool Section".

http://www.geocities.com/rollo75/86cool.jpg

I'll continue to drive my "girls" car safe in the knowledge that people consider it a joke; then take pride as their fancy "performance" cars get their sorry little arses handed to them on a plate as I leave behind a black number 11 on the pavement and then watch as these poor sods go home to cry to their mummys - boo hoo hoo.

Mark
6th June 2007, 07:58

So you've basically listed the A & B groups from the majority of manufacturers and because they are small then they are automatically 'girls'. So in order to be a 'man' you must have a large car, I think it's more likely that anyone who thinks that way is trying to cover up inadequacies in other areas...

However some cars are girly, just not the catch all of every small car that exists, here's my opinions.

Renault Clio - Yes
Ford Fiesta - No
VW Polo - No (good god no!)
Mini(excl Cooper S) - Yes
Nissan Micra - Yes, girly and for old people
Honda Jazz - No
The Smart Car - No
Hyundai Coupe - Yes
Peugeot 306 - No
Ford KA - No
Peugeot 106 - No, boy racer, more like
VW Beetle - Yes, absolutely!
Citroen Saxo - No, boy racers again
Citroen C2 - No, only blind people drive this car
All Chevrolets - Not girly, but a pile of pooh
Ford Cougar - Yes
Vauxhall Tigra - Yes, learly as girly as the Beetle
Suzsuki Swift - No
Mitsibushi Colt - No
VW Fox - No
Toyota MR2 - Yes
Citroen Picasso - Mumsy
Mazda MX5 - Yes
MG TF - No

Daniel
6th June 2007, 08:24
I agree with Mark's list more or less. Stuart's list is just a list of small cars.

Donney
6th June 2007, 10:48
Since I lent my Focus to my brother, I drive, my mother's, Ford Ka and, even if it is not such a beast as Rollo's it is a wonderful car to drive. Swift, agile and good looking, perfect to drive around town and short trips. I don't feel girly or embarrassed at all while driving it.

Loobylou
6th June 2007, 12:54
The only reason I don't like small cars is that when you've been in one & been hit by a 4x4 you tend to get a bit nervy. :s

But I still would struggle to walk away from a 205GTi (1.9). ;-)

I drive a Cavalier SRi... as that's a blokey type car does that make me a bloke :?:

Alot of people just drive what is the right price & available at the time of needed to buy a new vehicle.

wedge
6th June 2007, 13:40
No matter how great the MX5 or Ka is, I wouldn't be seen dead in one!

The Pug 306 is definitely not a girls car. You had the GTI, Rallye and 1.9D which were the best hot hatches of its time. Even the 1.6 had street cred!

Daniel
6th June 2007, 13:44
MX5's are not girls cars. They handle extreeeemely well and a lot of men who know what they're on about are quite happy to drive MX5's

Donney
6th June 2007, 15:17
No matter how great the MX5 or Ka is, I wouldn't be seen dead in one!

I'd happily own an MX 5 and I have already been seen in a Ka....

Oh well, there goes my manhood.... :dozey:

jim mcglinchey
6th June 2007, 15:33
[quote="Rollo"]I drive a Ford Ka with cold filtered intakes.

...sounds like air filters by Coors!..

Iain
6th June 2007, 16:28
Quick, everyone sell their inappropriate cars, or consider themselves inferior in Stuart's eyes. :rolleyes:

Zico
6th June 2007, 17:27
Nah.. I dont mind being inferior in his eyes.. ;)

So.. my 106 GTI is a girls car.... :D

and then... a boy racers car... NOOOO! :D

Fricken daft thread!!

Daniel
6th June 2007, 18:31
Quick, everyone sell their inappropriate cars, or consider themselves inferior in Stuart's eyes. :rolleyes:
I'm not bothered about feeling inferior in Stuart's eyes. I'm just worried he'll slash my brand new tyres :crazy:

schmenke
6th June 2007, 19:08
Should be o.k. Daniel, as long as you don't park it in front of his house :p :

Daniel
6th June 2007, 19:15
I'm going to find the girliest white van and park it out the front of his house then :cheese:

Stuartf12007
6th June 2007, 20:23
just to add

Vauxhall corsa and Hyundai Getz both girlie cars.

Also if you mod out a Ka or a 106 it makes you a cheeky girls fan. lol

Ohhhhhhhhh the shame of being a boy and driving a ladies Ka! lmao.

Seriously people dont be so sensitive.

Brown, Jon Brow
6th June 2007, 20:35
Your just saying every small car is a girls car!

Yet you havn't said any FIAT's yet :D

The girliest car around is the Kia Picanto! :erm:

http://kia-picanto.sgpleasing.co.uk/images/big/kia-picanto-zapp.jpg

Daniel
6th June 2007, 20:39
just to add

Vauxhall corsa and Hyundai Getz both girlie cars.

Also if you mod out a Ka or a 106 it makes you a cheeky girls fan. lol

Ohhhhhhhhh the shame of being a boy and driving a ladies Ka! lmao.

Seriously people dont be so sensitive.
The shame of having the IQ of 4 week old roadkill is surely worse than driving a Ka IMHO omfg lmao lol OMG haha

Stuartf12007
6th June 2007, 21:07
lol that Kia is a shopping trolley car.

Zico
6th June 2007, 21:24
The shame of having the IQ of 4 week old roadkill is surely worse than driving a Ka IMHO omfg lmao lol OMG haha

Lol... Did anyone see men and motors the other day? They found that the Civic Type-R was the most common hot hatch within the G4Y community.. no kidding!

Anyone on here own one?

Stuartf12007
6th June 2007, 22:19
Lol... Did anyone see men and motors the other day? They found that the Civic Type-R was the most common hot hatch within the G4Y community.. no kidding!

Anyone on here own one?

Just shows you how good the car is that it can be appreciated by all.

Appreciate the valid point.

Daniel
6th June 2007, 22:20
Not really. It just means you're more gay than say a 306 GTi-6 driver that's all.

pino
6th June 2007, 22:34
I am driving (once in a while) a Fiesta and I am not ashamed at all :p :

Stuartf12007
6th June 2007, 23:35
Not really. It just means you're more gay than say a 306 GTi-6 driver that's all.
:heart: if you say so sunshine

Rollo
7th June 2007, 03:02

Anyone on here own one?

Yes indeedy!

http://www.btccpages.com/gallery/d/3790-2/Team+Halfords.jpg

Messers Sheddon and Neal have one each, and in orange no less. Does this mean that the BTCC is questionable? If you say so, you'll be getting a whole heap of people's heckles, schmeckles, feckles, hackles and dander up :D

Iain
7th June 2007, 07:04
That's not the Type R though, that's just your normal Civic that's most likely to be driven by the over-60s. I believe that fits in Stuart's forthcoming thread "are YOU driving an old farts car?".

Brown, Jon Brow
7th June 2007, 08:45
So what cars under £15,000 aren't gay or girls cars?

Personally I thought that your sexual preference depended on what sex you found attractive. Not what you drove :confused:

Stuartf12007
7th June 2007, 18:14
good to see the moderator gets involved in flaming the board.

if you cant put an opinion without resulting to a personal attack then please refrain from posting.

GridGirl
7th June 2007, 18:27
But laughing at the people who drive so called girls cars on here isn't a personal attack on numerous forum members?

Stuartf12007
7th June 2007, 20:17
no becuase i dont make it personal by using there name.

7th June 2007, 21:06
But laughing at the people who drive so called girls cars on here isn't a personal attack on numerous forum members?
I drive a girlie car - a SEAT Ibiza - and I drive like a girl i.e. with consideration for pedestrians and other road users including horses, cats, rabbits and (god forbid) cyclists. I'm also numerous and literous so their.

fandango
7th June 2007, 22:33
I drive a van. A MANLY van, BIG and WHITE, with VW on the front and lovely curtains..DUH!

CarlMetro
7th June 2007, 22:38
if you cant put an opinion without resulting to a personal attack then please refrain from posting.

Perhaps you might want to think about that before you bother posting any more of your drivel :rolleyes:

Stuartf12007
7th June 2007, 23:39
Perhaps you might want to think about that before you bother posting any more of your drivel :rolleyes:

what are you talking about son.

Daniel
7th June 2007, 23:40
Your posting style is quite abrasive at times. I believe that's what Carl is talking about

CarlMetro
7th June 2007, 23:47

You're not my father so kindly refrain from calling me your son, I find that very insulting :mad:

MadCat
8th June 2007, 11:08

People wouldnt have to result to a "personal attack" if you didnt post such rubbish!

As has no doubt been said before, who gives an absolute damn if they drive a so called girlie car, a car is a car, its what people can afford, people wont change their choice of car if you state in your list its girlie.

Brown, Jon Brow
8th June 2007, 17:33
Does Stuartf12007 drive a black Porsche?

http://mwillett.org/images/un_Porsche_no_lo_es_todo.jpg

Stuartf12007
8th June 2007, 19:41
You're not my father so kindly refrain from calling me your son, I find that very insulting :mad:

lol ok brother.

8th June 2007, 21:55
lol ok brother.
Hi Sis
How's the rash?

Ian McC
10th June 2007, 10:00
I drive a van. A MANLY van, BIG and WHITE, with VW on the front and lovely curtains..DUH!

:eek: White Van Man :s hock: :p :

GridGirl
10th June 2007, 14:07
I love my dad, he washed my girls car for me today. :D Does that make him a laughing stock as people may have seen him doing it in passing? :s

walrus81
11th June 2007, 05:07

Anyone on here own one?
nope, just a Kia Pride

walrus81
11th June 2007, 05:08
lol ok brother.

Daddy might be more appropriate.

Mark
11th June 2007, 07:59
Who's seen the Simpson's episode where Nelson laughs at the man driving the small car, and we all know what happened to him ;)

Daniel
11th June 2007, 08:15
Mark: (Honking the car horn.) Hey everyone look at this, this is the kid that laughs at everyone, let's all laugh at him.
Everyone: HA-HA.
Mark: Wave to the people.
(StuartF12007 waves)
Mark: Blow them kisses.
(StuartF12007 blows them kisses and then starts crying.)

I may have changed a few things around :p

Hazell B
12th June 2007, 23:31
I laugh in the face of girlie cars.
And would probably punch somebody for calling me 'son' :p :

Drew
12th June 2007, 23:55
I drive a Ford Fiesta, handed down by my Gran!

But believe me, she drove faster than most boy racers :eek:

CharlieJ
13th June 2007, 10:09

Citroen Saxo

So that makes 90% of chav boy racers girlie.............

Are YOU going to tell them Stuartf12007 ? :erm:

Donney
13th June 2007, 10:42
I laugh in the face of girlie cars.

I would say Boris is not a girlie car.

Loobylou
13th June 2007, 13:03

Personally, I'd be worried if someone called you 'son'. ;)

Get them to an optician before you hit them - it could be an innocent mistake, if not - enjoy!! :D

Hazell B
15th June 2007, 08:51
I would say Boris is not a girlie car.

Poor Boris got a bit girlie and slow the other day while towing a trailer home - but with two large pallets of clay pantiles and an iron hay cutter in the back it's hardly a surprise :p :

Anyway, now I've had chance to look at some of the models listed out on the roads (been to Lincs, North Yorks and all over this week) I can say with all confidence that some of them are not girlie.

Only spotty young men could drive them so badly :p :

kalasend
15th June 2007, 20:03
How is MX5 girl's car? I've heard stories where Spec-Miata racecar (which is just suspension upgraded with addon roll-cage, which makes it even heavier) can pass many cars with way higher horsepower. I've personally witnessed a Mitsubishi Evo got passed by a Spec-Miata (in tight corners sections, of course)

True, they are down on power but with momentum, they can corner hell faster than many many cars. A girl's car? That would be one wicked racer girl if it is a girl's car...

Stuartf12007
15th June 2007, 23:06
MX5, dont matter how fast it is , it just looks like a girls car and when you see a man driving one it just looks wrong so wrong.

Robinho
16th June 2007, 15:51
rubbish, MX-5's (until the currrent abboration that uses the name) are one of the best driving roadsters available, and whilst no doubt fashionable to hairdressers, plenty of men (and women) who know their cars drive or would drive an MX-5.

Daniel
16th June 2007, 15:52
MX5, dont matter how fast it is , it just looks like a girls car and when you see a man driving one it just looks wrong so wrong.
Do us a favour and go forth and multiply. No one really cares what you think....

Stuartf12007
16th June 2007, 16:05
rubbish, MX-5's (until the currrent abboration that uses the name) are one of the best driving roadsters available, and whilst no doubt fashionable to hairdressers, plenty of men (and women) who know their cars drive or would drive an MX-5.

Fairplay on the hairdressers comment. :beer:

RedFive
25th June 2007, 15:51

Ever drive one ?

Matty
3rd July 2007, 23:51
I only looked in here because I drive a Yaris T Sport and expected it to be in the list, even I'll admit they are girls cars.

speedy king
5th July 2007, 22:10
Peugeot 306.....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

First i have my girlfriend calling it a chav car and now it's a girls car! :O Chav car is worse... :s

speedy king
5th July 2007, 22:14

Good job mines the 5 speed XSI then.... :p :

speedy king
5th July 2007, 22:19
Oh, anbd MX5 :s Ok my mum has one, but also the biggest guy in my year at school who got in all sorts of doggey (certainly non hairdresser) mess has an MX5 at 19....hardly a womanly car. I'd have one

speedy king
5th July 2007, 22:21
Oh yeh, and a mate of mine had a Civic Jordan VTI, he now has an MX5.... so perhaps your beloved Type R should be on the list? I've seen a few hot women driving them ;)

XR8
8th July 2007, 07:25
I drive a mans car! Ford Falcon BA XR8 , 260kw ute. Even tow the race car and take the rubbish to the tip. And I think that I could even take Rollos KA to the tip in the back!

Brown, Jon Brow
8th July 2007, 10:16
I drive a mans car! Ford Falcon BA XR8 , 260kw ute. Even tow the race car and take the rubbish to the tip. And I think that I could even take Rollos KA to the tip in the back!

Define 'mans car' please?

Hazell B
8th July 2007, 18:42
Define 'mans car' please?

I think the word 'ute' pretty much covers that definition :p :
Mind you, my old Land Rover 90 is a ute, so I'd best shut up about now :s

Daniel
9th July 2007, 16:35
I think the word 'ute' pretty much covers that definition :p :
Mind you, my old Land Rover 90 is a ute, so I'd best shut up about now :s
You must be a man or something then :p

methanolHuffer
9th July 2007, 17:40
Today I picked up a borrowed BMW X3 (POCrp GMC pick-up truck is down).

I thought it would be gurly, but the more I drive it, the more I like it. Kind of feels like my older ('87) BMW L7. Big car yet gutsy I6.