PDA

View Full Version : Swedish Rally service moved to Karlstad

swordsman
1st June 2007, 15:16
Just got a message that the Swedish Rally HQ will be moved to Karlstad for 2008 years rally. Seems they will use a flexi service system. Also, the shakedown will be moved to Karlstad!

Viktory
1st June 2007, 15:37
Just got a message that the Swedish Rally HQ will be moved to Karlstad for 2008 years rally. Seems they will use a flexi service system. Also, the shakedown will be moved to Karlstad!

woah, that was unexpected! Will see if I can make the trip next year, would be a shame to miss it. (going to university in England this autumn) Any ideas where the other service places will be? Råda airport? anywhere else?

swordsman
1st June 2007, 15:47
woah, that was unexpected! Will see if I can make the trip next year, would be a shame to miss it. (going to university in England this autumn) Any ideas where the other service places will be? Råda airport? anywhere else?

Not Råda, but more central in Hagfors close to the sprint. And then some other location in Värmland, maybe Sunne? I think the good old stages are coming back :)

Viktory
1st June 2007, 15:49
cool, this sounds like a really good idea! Hope to get more varied stages, with many of the old ones returning.

Jonte
1st June 2007, 16:16
I've got some indications that the rally will move west..

..meaning that Bjälverud, Mangen and Långjohan could be included again...
I keep my fingers crossed! If I were only to see one more stage in my life - it would be Bjälverud for sure!

Roy
1st June 2007, 21:45
I've got some indications that the rally will move west..

..meaning that Bjälverud, Mangen and Långjohan could be included again...
I keep my fingers crossed! If I were only to see one more stage in my life - it would be Bjälverud for sure!

Is there snow? Then is fine ;)

AndyRAC
3rd June 2007, 16:08
Whatever happened to Jutbo? A huge stage if I remember rightly, 1998 Radstrom went off, Sainz had a spin and Colin retired with electrics. Bring it back..

anncath
2nd October 2007, 21:58
Does anybody knows where in Hagfors comes the service for SM and the snabbservice? Where should be space near the sprint?

Vargåsen
3rd October 2007, 15:57
There will be no sprint in Hagfors 2008.

anncath
3rd October 2007, 19:29
There will be no sprint in Hagfors 2008.

Jag vet. Men jag undrar när snabbservice och SM-serviceplatsen finna platsen i Hagfors centum. En skrivar "nära sprint".

Det blir daligt pa kvällen utan sprinten i Hagfors.

I Know. But I wonder where remoteservice and serviceplace for SM have enough space to be in Hagfors centrum. One wrote "near the sprint".

It will be boring in the evenings without the sprint in Hagfors.

COD
3rd October 2007, 21:08
[quote="anncath"]
I Know. But I wonder where remoteservice and serviceplace for SM have enough space to be in Hagfors centrum. One wrote "near the sprint".

QUOTE]

Maybe where they used to have service long time ago, the field between Hagfors hotel and the "main" road??

anncath
4th October 2007, 11:59
Yes, nice idea, but there´s now a LIDL-supermarket.

We´ll have to wait and drink some coffee...

Koppomsbo
4th October 2007, 14:30
Does this mean that "Soptönna" will be back in the rally :) Sorry for the swedish boys.

Micke_VOC
4th October 2007, 16:42
Does this mean that "Soptönna" will be back in the rally :) Sorry for the swedish boys.

Yes.. And the legend "Borrsjön" - Mangen" and "Långjohanstorp" , but Långjohanstorp its running in reverse direction !!!!

anncath
4th October 2007, 18:56
What is "Soptönna" (trashcan?)?

Micke_VOC
4th October 2007, 23:38
What is "Soptönna" (trashcan?)?

Its a old stage namned "Bjälverud" and called " soptönna", the name "soptönna" that menas trashcan its from the old days when i think was Stig blomkvist who hit a trashcan in that stage.

Jonte
5th October 2007, 08:16
Its a old stage namned "Bjälverud" and called " soptönna", the name "soptönna" that menas trashcan its from the old days when i think was Stig blomkvist who hit a trashcan in that stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY4fZvDTnas

...and they are gonna use this part (not as in 2001 when they didnt use this part).

I acctually prefer calling Bjälverud "the letterbox". That is because after the downhill with all the jumps, there is a righthander with a letterbox inside. Last time I saw the stage, KKK managed to smash it.

anncath
5th October 2007, 09:45
Tack!

It seems that the older stages are cool. I´ll have to have a look at them at christmas.

Koppomsbo
5th October 2007, 11:22
Aoooa, Rådström FLAT OUT on that one...

anncath
3rd December 2007, 15:18
The remote service and the service of SM in Hagfors will be at the Älvstrandsgymnasiets parkering.

Magnus
3rd December 2007, 15:43
The rally is not during christmas Anncath. It is in february. I think it maybe very boring standing there in the forrest all alone!
;)

MHjerpe
5th December 2007, 08:12
The rally is not during christmas Anncath. It is in february. I think it maybe very boring standing there in the forrest all alone!
;)

That would actually be a perfect christmas... everybody have vacation already... grandparents home to help with kids.. wife not alone.. :)

Magnus
5th December 2007, 08:23
That would actually be a perfect christmas... everybody have vacation already... grandparents home to help with kids.. wife not alone.. :)

Got your point :D

anncath
6th December 2007, 19:10
Who will go for rally on x-mas?

If you're :confused: , don't read this thread before february...