PDA

View Full Version : If you were Ron Dennis

leopard
30th May 2007, 04:22
I and mostly people can't deny that McLaren this season has the strongest drivers structure that proving McLaren isn't car with poor reliability and capable of sorting out the lack of speed against the Ferrari (as of this stage).

Imagine if you were Ron Dennis, what kind of strategy you will apply for the sake of winning the title but also respecting about sportsmanship.
Here the examples:

1. Let the drivers fight at the track as they are, each driver has the same right on winning, but as far as being concerned they are supposed to help one another, this option has potency the two drivers fight one another.

2. Keep focusing on a driver and the second driver has to fight on his own capacity but within the scheme of supporting the main driver. Many has suspected that the strategy was in favor for Alonso. Obviously the struggle of the second driver will anyhow not ruin their strategy on the main driver.

3. Let this first year to be the learning year of Hamilton (although I see he needn't learn any mayor problem about racing F1), and put him in more proper place next season because to win the title without having to hire a such highly paid world champion.

Let's discuss :)

Valve Bounce
30th May 2007, 04:37
I agree.

wmcot
30th May 2007, 07:15
3. Let this first year to be the learning year of Hamilton (although I see he needn't learn any mayor problem about racing F1), and put him in more proper place next season because to win the title without having to hire a such highly paid world champion.

Let's discuss :)

Do you think RD will get rid of FA next year? He might be willing to let him out of his contract for a handsome amount of pocket change!

CarlMetro
30th May 2007, 08:23
How about give each of your two drivers the best car you can give and tell them whoever gets to the chequered flag first wins?

No, that would be stupid, wouldn't it :rolleyes:

Valve Bounce
30th May 2007, 09:55
How about give each of your two drivers the best car you can give and tell them whoever gets to the chequered flag first wins?

No, that would be stupid, wouldn't it :rolleyes:

I have a better idea: give whoever gets to the chequered flag first the bigger paycheck.

leopard
30th May 2007, 10:05
Do you think RD will get rid of FA next year? He might be willing to let him out of his contract for a handsome amount of pocket change!
I think Valve should have started with a thread about The Future of Fernando Alonso

leopard
30th May 2007, 10:07
I agree.
The three conditions can't go all together, You should agree on one or two of them.

leopard
30th May 2007, 10:11
whoever gets to the chequered flag first wins?

No doubt, this is always true :roll:

V12
30th May 2007, 10:15
If I was in Ron Dennis' shoes, I would have done exactly what he did - which is more than I can say for Jean Todt at Austria in 2002.

And by the way, I'm rooting for Massa this year since I can't really stand any of the other three - so two McLarens driving into each other at Loews or Portier would have suited me down to the ground, so I'm not being biased :)

leopard
30th May 2007, 10:27
You are not free at all from being biased, Massa at Ferrari has SPEED, Hamilton has the more comprehensive talent :)

leopard
30th May 2007, 10:30
I think Valve should have started with a thread about The Future of Fernando Alonso
just kidding Valve, thought it was you has started about Button's saga :D

Valve Bounce
30th May 2007, 10:34
The three conditions can't go all together, You should agree on one or two of them.

Well, you're right, and I agree with you on that too!

leopard
30th May 2007, 10:39
Well, you're right, and I agree with you on that too! la'

I mean you are right too on this :blackeye:

Ian McC
30th May 2007, 18:52
Well, you're right, and I agree with you on that too!

I hope that fence you are sitting on doesn't get too painful :p : :D

leopard
31st May 2007, 05:01

It's made from selected steel :p :

Valve Bounce
31st May 2007, 05:06

Sometimes better to sit on fence than to chop fence down. ;)