PDA

View Full Version : Paul Tracy wants to run Montreal

RaikkonenRules
27th May 2007, 17:54
Paul Tracy says on jayski.com that he is closing in on a deal to drive the Montreal Busch race. It is not known with which team however.

Mihai
27th May 2007, 19:50
Yeah, shocking news...

Jacques Villeneuve to have a one-off in Montreal, now that would be news!

Mark in Oshawa
27th May 2007, 19:56
I would be shocked if PT WASNT there. I suspect we will have 3 or more Canadian drivers behind the wheel. Ron Fellows will come out of semi retirement, and you have to believe 2 or more Quebec drivers will get Quebec sponsors to put them behind wheels. Andrew Ranger is in NASCAR Canada's series full time this year, and has said he is putting together a deal, and I know that Patrick Carpentier wants to be there as well.

harvick#1
27th May 2007, 22:37
PT and JPM thats a ego wreck waiting to happen :p :

e2mtt
27th May 2007, 22:58
PT and JPM thats a ego wreck waiting to happen :p :

Don't forget to include sometimes Busch road-racer & former CART driver ego-aggression boy Robby Gordon. I am looking forward to comparing him to JPM on road courses.

Hoss Ghoul
28th May 2007, 04:20
No surprise here, if PT could have gotten a decent full time Cup ride a year or so ago when he was looking he'd have done it in a heartbeat.

I still expect to see JV in a Roush ride for Montreal.

Fellows should be there as well, someone will put him in a decent Chevy. DEI perhaps.

harvick#1
28th May 2007, 04:53
Fellows drives the 33 KHI car for Harvick on road courses :)

Jag_Warrior
28th May 2007, 20:58
No surprise here, if PT could have gotten a decent full time Cup ride a year or so ago when he was looking he'd have done it in a heartbeat.

I still expect to see JV in a Roush ride for Montreal.

Fellows should be there as well, someone will put him in a decent Chevy. DEI perhaps.

I'm sure that by saying this, there will be certain "Fanatics" who will be searching for wood to burn me at the stake, but Paul Tracy (as much as I like him) is not going to go down with the ship. He stayed in Champ Car because they paid him very well to drive a car. I am not reading his mind, he said that exact same thing a couple of years ago during an episode of Race Car Driver. As he was working to make a NASCAR deal happen with RCR, during the episode, he told his engineer that he was doing it because he had "a lifestyle to maintain".

Some of the same people who worship Tracy also see NASCAR as the enemy. And that's fine, if that's how they choose to look at the world of racing and business. But they need to realize that Paul is not some sort of martyr for "the cause". He probably has another two or three years of driving a Champ Car competitively. I believe his last contract with Forsythe was for five years. Would he then move to the IRL? Probably not. Except for a couple of teams, it's in no better shape to pay a big salary than CCWS is. Except for winning Indy (a second time :D ), what would he have to prove by beating Danica and Sarah Fisher. From test driving a Benetton F1 car, with Michael Schumacher looking on, in the beginning, to racing against Danica Patrick and Sarah Fisher at the end. Man, tell me that wouldn't make a fellow reach for a double dose of Prozac?! But even if Paul had to buy into a NASCAR Busch team, he could probably make a pretty good living doing just that... even if he never made it up to Cup.

I'm sorry that the commercial rewards of AOWR are low to nonexistent. I'm sure Paul Tracy is even sorrier about it than I am. So he'll do what he needs to do. Good luck, Paul!

Lee Roy
28th May 2007, 21:28
This Montreal race is really shaping up to be a big event.

Jag_Warrior
28th May 2007, 21:37
Lee Roy, I think it will be a success, because I think it will be done right.

I give NASCAR credit in the same way that I give Formula One credit: they do not half-a$$ their event preparation.

tstran17_88
29th May 2007, 03:07
:s nore:

tassiedevilAB
1st June 2007, 11:01
trans17, don't you think that with PT in the race & other canadians that it shouldn't be a snooze off.

It is shaping up like the Mex race with a lot of locals driving !

this could be the best road race of the year!

tassiedevilAB
1st June 2007, 11:04

this could be the best road race of the year because everyone want's to win on this track for the first time! first race!

harvick#1
1st June 2007, 12:31
Ego-clash

I see PT and JPM wrecking eachother on the first lap cause they are trying to win the race on the first lap

Old3Fan
4th June 2007, 04:28
He ain't coming as voiced by PT himself on Windbag a couple hours ago.

call_me_andrew
4th June 2007, 20:17
I'm predicting a bad race loaded with unneeded cautions and stupid drivers.

RaikkonenRules
5th June 2007, 14:08
Paul Tracy was trying to get a deal with the KHI #77 but failed due to sponsor confictions. Kertus Davis will run instead as origannaly planned.

RaikkonenRules
5th June 2007, 14:10
Max Papis is now looking for a ride for Montreal according to jayski.

Mark in Oshawa
5th June 2007, 16:20
No PT means GO RON!!! ( Fellows will be there and competitive )

tstran17_88
5th June 2007, 18:32
trans17, don't you think that with PT in the race & other canadians that it shouldn't be a snooze off.Please don't call me "trans."

I'm just tired of PT, he's a bigger ass than Smoke.