PDA

View Full Version : Lowes Busch Race

RaikkonenRules
26th May 2007, 21:49
Qualifying under way. Denny Hamlin currently fastest after 20 runners.

tassiedevilAB
26th May 2007, 23:14
congrats matt, at least his second run was faster & why did so many cars only do 1 lap,
isn't the 2nd one suposed to be faster with the momentum already going, so why did so many have there 2nd lap slower, are most of these cars set up for the race rather than for qual?

Ambrose said he set it up for the race & wood said he was going for a qual set up for a good race start?

It looks like jon wood stuffed up big time there! he didn't do what he said he wanted to do.

this race looks like it could be a roush 1,2,3, shootout!

RaikkonenRules
27th May 2007, 11:53
Kasey Kahne wins from Casey Mears. So much for your Rousch 1-2-3. Highest Rousch car wasn't even Top 5.

dont_be_jack
27th May 2007, 14:13
I'd say that was one of the best Busch races I've seen in a while. Most of them are plagued with so many cautions it's a pain to watch.

colinspooky
27th May 2007, 15:39
We were sitting just short of turn 1 and the race flew by.

Robert Ryan
28th May 2007, 09:50
Ambrose said he set it up for the race & wood said he was going for a qual set up for a good race start?

It looks like jon wood stuffed up big time there! he didn't do what he said he wanted to do.

Tassidevil, of the mark as usual. John Wood eventually finished 12th , Ambrose 20th

tassiedevilAB
1st June 2007, 11:20
Tassidevil, of the mark as usual. John Wood eventually finished 12th , Ambrose 20th

hi robert, i wasn't off the mark at all , if you recall i said that is what ambrose & wood said just before qualifying & what they wanted to do.

ambrose was always in front of wood it was only because of the loose nut that he went a lap down.

here is what he said after the race!Marcos Ambrose – #59 Kingsford Charcoal Ford Fusion

“I had a great time out there tonight and learnt a lot,” said Ambrose.

“The drivers who are also racing in tomorrow’s Cup race had a huge advantage because they had two hours of Cup practice today and you’re not going to overcome that, but we got in the groove pretty quick.

“We put a good qualifying lap down and, in general, I was pretty comfortable there in the first stint.

“Unfortunately we lost a lug nut in the pit stop which slowed the stop which put us a lap down, but we fought back well.

“At one stage I think we were down in 33rd after we made some bad changes to the setup in the pit stops. However, by the end of the race we turned it around to get the car going pretty damn good and were setting times equal to those in the top ten which was pleasing.

“Many other drivers managed not to finish but I got to the end unscathed which was pleasing. I thought I might have been in trouble a few times, but somehow I took it off the fence and brought it home.

“I’m really happy. I’m working great with the guys in the team, we ended tonight with a competitive package and we’re continually making progress.”

so without that happening he was in for a top 10 easily!

& it was pleasing to see wood finish a race & gain a good place at the end!

tassiedevilAB
1st June 2007, 11:25

not really Robert, this is what happened last week.

Marcos Ambrose – #59 Kingsford Charcoal Ford Fusion

“I had a great time out there tonight and learnt a lot,” said Ambrose.

“The drivers who are also racing in tomorrow’s Cup race had a huge advantage because they had two hours of Cup practice today and you’re not going to overcome that, but we got in the groove pretty quick.

“We put a good qualifying lap down and, in general, I was pretty comfortable there in the first stint.

“Unfortunately we lost a lug nut in the pit stop which slowed the stop which put us a lap down, but we fought back well.

“At one stage I think we were down in 33rd after we made some bad changes to the setup in the pit stops. However, by the end of the race we turned it around to get the car going pretty damn good and were setting times equal to those in the top ten which was pleasing.

“Many other drivers managed not to finish but I got to the end unscathed which was pleasing. I thought I might have been in trouble a few times, but somehow I took it off the fence and brought it home.

“I’m really happy. I’m working great with the guys in the team, we ended tonight with a competitive package and we’re continually making progress.”

tassiedevilAB
1st June 2007, 11:27
[dover should be a fun race this week on the concrete, some drivers love it & others loath it!

tassiedevilAB
1st June 2007, 11:31
[riki, they were close & up the front most of the night the Roush cars, they just had bad finishes & congrats to Kane for a gutsy race!

tassiedevilAB
1st June 2007, 11:43
what has happened there should only be one post up not the duplicate ones!
admin must be having fun over there!