PDA

View Full Version : Who's lighter - Lewis or Fernando?

raphael123
26th May 2007, 18:51
Guesses, or anyone know? I hope Fernando is, but I get the impression, the way Ron was talking, that it could very well be Lewis. Though if Lewis lost 0.5 behind Webber, and still only just failed to get pole by 0.2, maybe it is Lewis, unless he really was that much quicker.

Should be a good race. Watch out for Massa I say!!

ioan
26th May 2007, 18:52
Never trust what Ron is saying.

CaptainRaiden
26th May 2007, 19:04
I think Fernando is lighter, but am not sure. Lewis's 2nd lap out of pits was the one that got him P2 on the grid i think, so lewis should be lighter. But...ahh crap!

I just hope Massa takes out both Alonso and Hamilton at the first corner (not a major accident ofcourse, just 3 cars immobilized) and Rosberg wins the race. Now THAT would make for an interesting race for me. ;)

GridGirl
26th May 2007, 19:06
I have no idea, but the way Lewis manages to drive that McLaren round the track in such a ragged way I'll be amazed if he can last the entire race. That car loks like its on ice.

RaikkonenRules
26th May 2007, 19:20
I am almost certain Alonso is lighter. Way lighter.

raphael123
26th May 2007, 20:31
I am almost certain Alonso is lighter. Way lighter.

Where do you get that assumation from?

Not having a go, I am just curious to if Alonso is lighter. You seem quite sure, what have you heard?

jens
26th May 2007, 20:34
Tough to say. They looked pretty even for most of the qualifying. I guess the difference in fuel loads will be about 1-2 laps. :p :

ioan
26th May 2007, 20:43
I am dreaming that Felipe will make his first pit stop 5 or more laps later than the McLarens! :)

Big Ben
26th May 2007, 22:05
I am dreaming that Felipe will make his first pit stop 5 or more laps later than the McLarens! :)

wishful thinking...?
On some other tracks this could mean more... but at Monaco I think itīs less important... with all the traffic and the safety car sessions... it's difficult to predict all situations that might occur

Anyway... with the new safety car rules it's going to be interesting too see what will happen tomorrow... as I think it's quite inevitable...

Ian McC
26th May 2007, 22:29
Difficult to say, Lewis would probably had pole if he hadn't make a mistake on that last lap and then caught traffic.

ioan
26th May 2007, 22:35
wishful thinking...?
On some other tracks this could mean more... but at Monaco I think itīs less important... with all the traffic and the safety car sessions... it's difficult to predict all situations that might occur

Anyway... with the new safety car rules it's going to be interesting too see what will happen tomorrow... as I think it's quite inevitable...

Talking about safety cars I think that Kimi's mistake today is making Ferrari's life easier from that POV.
I mean Felipe will be in and out before Kimi gets there, other teams won't have this luxury.

ioan
26th May 2007, 22:40
BTW I'm very eager to see how will Ron manage the team orders tomorrow.
Hamilton was very very fast today and pole was his if not for traffic in his last lap and knows he can beat Alonso.
Alonso needs to beat his team mate more than anything else.

It will be very delicate and they could easily lose everything on this track, so maybe Ron is thinking right now about what orders he'll have to impose tomorrow.

andreag
27th May 2007, 00:30
1 lap of fuel in Monaco costs 0.070 secs. (less than a tenth). The benefit of being lighter, can be easily lost by re-entering behind a train of cars.

I've read (don't remember where) that some teams were considering to adopt a one stop strategy if the race were wet; the only problem would be if it doesn't rain, they would have to make half race with ultra-soft tyres (which are degrading too quick), or change the strategy to a second late stop to use the ultra-soft then.

Watching the times, I don't see any team but maybe BMW going to a really long first stint.

And about if Fernando was lighter then Lewis, I think they're almost equally loaded, probably Lewis is lighter (this would explain his try to get the lap at the begining of Q3).

ioan
27th May 2007, 00:41
...probably Lewis is lighter (this would explain his try to get the lap at the begining of Q3).

I think he was simply making sure he did his best in case it rains, and it was a good thing to do.

Hawkmoon
27th May 2007, 01:01
I think Hamilton's a touch lighter.

Roamy
27th May 2007, 01:04
yu guys amaze me 3 gal of fuel is 18 pounds - do you really thing the difference between talent is 18 pounds?? over 20 laps

raikk
27th May 2007, 02:09
who knows.. But I know this much, if Alonso makes a bad start Hamilton will be past him in the blink of an eye.. I really hope to see Lewis win his first grand prix this year at Monaco! But Alonso cannot be underestimated..Neither Massa

F1boat
27th May 2007, 09:19
I think Hamilton's a touch lighter.

I think so as well.

RaikkonenRules
27th May 2007, 11:50
Where do you get that assumation from?

Not having a go, I am just curious to if Alonso is lighter. You seem quite sure, what have you heard?

The fact that Lewis was clearly quicker earlier on. Probaly a Lewis favouring exaggaration

Flat.tyres
29th May 2007, 14:07
hindsight is a wonderful thing. 5 laps is about a 1/3 of a second.

worth thinking about?

baker
29th May 2007, 15:59
Just checked the McLaren website and the official word is they both weigh 68kg.

So that means neither is lighter. :confused: