PDA

View Full Version : More Than Machine Series

saco0o
23rd August 2024, 12:41
Ep 1 follows Msport in the Safari Rally, Kenya, facing the multi million bucks factory teams.
- "David vs Goliath"

what a fun watch, fellas. we gotta help posting this in all other non-rally motorsport foruns/groups we are.

https://youtu.be/8Yrb7T7_2ks?si=H2U4FD6v2GilK7IJ

typhoon
24th August 2024, 07:59
It's a very good series, Didn't have the cheesy effect of DTS, but felt the adrenaline. Nice job on that.

On one side I'd say it's great because is totally accessible and free, but it would've better to be also on Netflix, which is basically a target of soon-to-be fans that might potentially be ready to pay for a subscription to see the whole action.

240RS
26th August 2024, 08:45
"More than Machine" is largely on the right track. Hardcore fans will always find ways to access the sport, but the casual observer can only develop an interest if the stories or sub-plots are told in an easy-to-understand format.

Fast Eddie WRC
12th September 2024, 21:43
Ep.2 Croatia - Redemption for Fourmaux

https://youtu.be/vrCgndRUhV4?si=NLCuGDGAcekan0rn

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd October 2024, 21:49
Ep.3 Legacy

https://youtu.be/cH0Kgc0Si9Y?si=9dmT-rxF2w2xYlU4

IMO the best one so far.

saco0o
4th October 2024, 12:20
my least favorite so far. the other two were cooler imo.
sad to confirm that even doing excellent shows for the hardcore fans that doesnt change the sport's visibility.
every racing series started doing stuff like that to follow f1's hype but its just not the same. and dont get fooled by netflix, youtube have a bigger reach. of course f1 had more money to promote the trailer for the show, but eh, its just... they just lost money doing that. not even we, the peak fans (haha) are commenting here like f1 fans talk on reddit about DtS. eh...

meh
4th October 2024, 15:43
Based on this episode, (based on current rumors) losing Fourmaux to Hyundai is quite hard to swallow for Wilson and Millener. Feels quite sad actually. They need someone to deliver next year to survive.

Takeaway from this episode is also, that they try to produce a rally driver from Munster, but there is a lack of talent.

Fast Eddie WRC
5th October 2024, 12:18
M-Sport showed clearly here how much they've put into Fourmaux and how they'll do all they can to convince him to stay. If he does go to Hyundai it will be 100% his decision and a kick in the teeth for the Team that's done so much for him.

I was actually surprised how he showed he was really annoyed with the technical issues. Surely he knows by now its rallying how parts can fail and bad luck goes around everyone.

Also the way he was speaking to the girl providing him with his stuff and his lunch came across quite poorly. He seemed to be becoming a bit of a diva.

deephouse
5th October 2024, 13:20
M-Sport showed clearly here how much they've put into Fourmaux and how they'll do all they can to convince him to stay. If he does go to Hyundai it will be 100% his decision and a kick in the teeth for the Team that's done so much for him.

I was actually surprised how he showed he was really annoyed with the technical issues. Surely he knows by now its rallying how parts can fail and bad luck goes around everyone.

Also the way he was speaking to the girl providing him with his stuff and his lunch came across quite poorly. He seemed to be becoming a bit of a diva.

You mean like every french driver :D

meh
5th October 2024, 13:22

I need to admit I lost a lot of respect for Fourmaux because of that. I agree with the rest of the comments as well.

macebig
5th October 2024, 14:54
You're putting too much on a glorified reality show. Going by DTS, Abiteboul is a clueless clown...

240RS
25th October 2024, 12:48
Latest episode, featuring Poland and Latvia, now on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AMBDAahsUU

AndersX
25th October 2024, 18:15
Watched, looks a bit like a "corner cutting" of the concept - very little real insights, just some off script comments here and there. But still, though, good that we can see some back-stage events of the team. Martins Sesks - a fresh breath that is just a must to make the WRC more live and attractive to wider audiences.

EstWRC
25th October 2024, 18:51
The most boring episode so far