PDA

View Full Version : It is not Lewis but Rubens !

seppefan
24th May 2007, 11:43
Button's problem is not that Lewis is stealing his limelight but that his team mate is quicker..........

DimitraF1
24th May 2007, 11:47
whats the point on that?

Valve Bounce
24th May 2007, 12:06
Button's problem is not that Lewis is stealing his limelight but that his team mate is quicker..........

I thought his problem was Sato :confused: driving a second hand Honda. :p :

Donney
24th May 2007, 12:09
And me thinking that his problem was the thing he drives....

Valve Bounce
24th May 2007, 12:23
And me thinking that his problem was the thing he drives....

What? the thing between his big toes? :D

seppefan
24th May 2007, 12:44

Agreed as well but the thread is not about the car but about the drivers........

Valve Bounce
24th May 2007, 13:23
For your information, Sato is a driver and not a Japanese car. :D

Ed
24th May 2007, 15:22
your rite. The test of a good driver is that they are good in a bad car as well in a good car. I just think of 2004 in The Mclaren when DC was getting the "results" in the start of the season when Kim was stuggling with what at the time was a crap car.

Ive got memories of 2001 in my mind about button, but then he was still inexperienced compared to Fisi

trumperZ06
24th May 2007, 15:55
:( I have been surprised by Honda's lack of competitiveness in present day Formula 1, knowing their racing history. Honda has always been a real racing opperation and extremely successful in any series they entered.

Present day F-1 results are horrendous... and yet Honda's been quite successful in ALMS with their LMP-2 entries. I expect Honda will stay in F-1 until they get it right... but... how long will it take?

The way things are going... Button may be "long in the tooth" before Honda reaches the front.

IMO... I think the poor results are more do the the inability of the car, not the drivers.

Roamy
24th May 2007, 16:10
hey hey hey now qual ain't done yet and the race has not started. However Button now needs to get his ass past this journeyman driver or he will be stamped "Medium"

trumperZ06
24th May 2007, 16:20
hey hey hey now qual ain't done yet and the race has not started. However Button now needs to get his ass past this journeyman driver or he will be stamped "Medium"

;) Hhmmmm... maybe... CHARCOALED !!!

RaikkonenRules
24th May 2007, 16:26
Button's problem is that he will never be a World Champion. Specially while driving that ugly blue thing we call a Honda.

Valve Bounce
24th May 2007, 23:36
Button's problem is that he will never be a World Champion. Specially while driving that ugly blue thing we call a Honda.

Excuse me, but I think it's chunda blue and green :eek:

Hawkmoon
25th May 2007, 02:31
If you look at the results, Barrichello has finished ahead of Button in all 4 races so far this season. This is despite the fact that Button has out-qualified Barrichello 3 to 1.

So it looks like Rubens is happy with the car on Sundays but Button can get more out of it on a single lap. Maybe Rubens' years of experience driving crappy Jordans and Stewarts is helping him set that dog of a Honda up better or perhaps he's a little better at driving around the cars shortcomings.

Either way, Button's reputation will take a bit of a beating if Rubens ends up beating him over the course of the season.

Colin
25th May 2007, 03:46
Maybe Honda should use this in thier advertising? It does show just how good a "used" Honda is!

Cahyo
25th May 2007, 05:08

i thought sato was davidson's problem??

seppefan
25th May 2007, 09:51
Maybe Honda should use this in thier advertising? It does show just how good a "used" Honda is!

Love it !!!

seppefan
10th June 2007, 12:44
Grid Canada.

13. BARRICHELLO Honda
14. COULTHARD Red Bull
15. BUTTON Honda

SOD
10th June 2007, 12:54
:( I have been surprised by Honda's lack of competitiveness in present day Formula 1, knowing their racing history. Honda has always been a real racing opperation and extremely successful in any series they entered.

Present day F-1 results are horrendous... and yet Honda's been quite successful in ALMS with their LMP-2 entries. I expect Honda will stay in F-1 until they get it right... but... how long will it take?

The way things are going... Button may be "long in the tooth" before Honda reaches the front.

IMO... I think the poor results are more do the the inability of the car, not the drivers.

there's a big difference between being competetive in ALMS & f1.