PDA

View Full Version : 2024 - Race 4 Japan

F1nKS
29th March 2024, 20:26
Redbull chief #1 mechanic has left.

Aston Martin trying to throw $$$ to get Newey

Wolf and Sainz's representatives were seen meeting.

Rumor is Perez has extended his contract for a year.

Hamilton is taking his frustration out by going to the shooting range.

N. Jones
30th March 2024, 00:03
I wonder if Ferrari can sustain Australia's momentum or if they are going to sporadically challenge Red Bull.

Matthew
31st March 2024, 19:58
FanAmp and GrandPrixTravel are offering a great chance for the fans attending the Japanese GP to meet fellow fans, enjoy some refreshments, and talk all things Formula 1 with these two meet ups (https://www.fanamp.com/tr/fanamp-x-gpt-japanese-grand-prix-meetup). This will be a great way to meet like-minded people who share a love for motorsport and make connections with people from all over the world.

Nitrodaze
2nd April 2024, 21:14
I wonder if Ferrari can sustain Australia's momentum or if they are going to sporadically challenge Red Bull.

I think they might but they have been here before in 2022 where they started very well and it all went downhill inexplicably. I am expecting this time round to be different with Vasseur in charge. Besides, Redbull is looking a bit wobbly.

I wonder if Mclaren can make a step forward at this iconic track that has been a Mclaren track in the past. Mercedes seem to have lost the plot again but looks likely to find their way back. With a 70 points deficit to Redbull and Ferrari, it seems they would be fighting for fourth place this season with Aston Martin. How the mighty have fallen?

I think this is going to be a great race. Especially in the midfield where it is tighter than it has ever been. Can Ricciardo find his form and bounce back? Can both Mercedes make it to the end of the race this time round?

airshifter
4th April 2024, 20:38
The RB20 showed up with 2 new inlets near the halo rear that will keep us wondering for a while what exactly they do. These guys are deep into the aero details.

I'm expecting things to mix up a bit more before we get a real pecking order, at least through the midfield. And I'm not really expecting Ferrari to be the next in line after Max and RB this race, barring issues with the RB again. I'm thinking McLaren might be able to mount more of a challenge this round.

Redbull chief #1 mechanic has left.

Aston Martin trying to throw $$$ to get Newey

Wolf and Sainz's representatives were seen meeting.

Rumor is Perez has extended his contract for a year.

Hamilton is taking his frustration out by going to the shooting range.

If Perez has extended, it's a bit shocking to me. If RB loses their car advantage with the 2026 regs they are really going to be wishing they grabbed a better second driver earlier. Maybe they figure they can cross that bridge when they come to it.

As for Lewis as the range, I had to search to find it. Not bad at all for someone new to the sport. Other than a sloppy(ish) reload he was actually pretty good with a pistol. I guess if you have the money to go play and train with the best, might as well do it. I wonder if Taran got him for a few grand worth of goodies?

F1nKS
5th April 2024, 02:02
If Perez has extended, it's a bit shocking to me. If RB loses their car advantage with the 2026 regs they are really going to be wishing they grabbed a better second driver earlier. Maybe they figure they can cross that bridge when they come to it.

Yeah, doesn't make much sense at the moment. Not like he is going somewhere.

Horner seemed to indicate Sainz might be in the mix - but he could be playing mind games.

But if Vettel did come out of retirement to Mercedes - what would that mean to Sainz? There are not that many good options if he doesn't land Mercedes or RB.

F1nKS
5th April 2024, 02:11

I just saw a story saying that RB will open up contract talks with Perez in the "coming weeks". So it looks like everything is up for grabs at the moment.

Nitrodaze
5th April 2024, 12:46

Horner seemed to indicate Sainz might be in the mix - but he could be playing mind games.

But if Vettel did come out of retirement to Mercedes - what would that mean to Sainz? There are not that many good options if he doesn't land Mercedes or RB.

I don't think Sainz is interested in playing the number two driver. He would only be interested in RB if they can guarantee him equal status to Max and have the same perks etc. RB would have a tough time finding a quality driver for that notorious second car.

F1nKS
6th April 2024, 02:38
I don't think Sainz is interested in playing the number two driver. He would only be interested in RB if they can guarantee him equal status to Max and have the same perks etc. RB would have a tough time finding a quality driver for that notorious second car.

I don't really get that from Sainz. He was the #1 at Mclaren but chose to go to Ferrari as #2 because he wanted a better car. So I would think he would jump at the chance, but I suspect maybe RB wouldn't want the headaches of two helicopter fathers in the paddock.

Tazio
6th April 2024, 05:55
'troll :dork:

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

airshifter
7th April 2024, 03:53
Yeah. I mean I get it, Lance is on a team with one of the masters. But to be out in Q1 when Fred can push it to 5th is just really lame.

You would think this kids daddy owns the team or something with the way he hasn't been sacked. :laugh:

I wasn't sure if I was going to stay up to watch the race, but at this point I guess I will. I've always enjoyed the Suzuka track and the Japanese fans are second to none IMHO.... they seem to support a wide variety of drivers and really have fun with it.

N. Jones
7th April 2024, 14:59
Daniel and Lance gotta go.

Matthew
7th April 2024, 23:02
It was nice to see Tsunoda scoring a point in his home race.

airshifter
9th April 2024, 02:14
Yeah, great to see Yuki score points in his home race. I think the fans would be just as excited if he didn't, as they seem to be that kind of crowd that just appreciates a lot of teams and drivers.

Other than that, interesting to see the various strategies play out. Some unusual moves in the 1st sector, which in past years doesn't seem to have happened much. Sucks to have a red flag so early, but Ricciardo didn't even seem to look so things happen....