PDA

View Full Version : 2024 - Race 3 Australia

F1nKS
20th March 2024, 02:10
Will this be another RB 1 & 2?

Does Horner still have a job?

Will Ocon cry again at Australia?

What will be the next F1 drama this week?

airshifter
20th March 2024, 20:31
We'll only know once we know.

The drama around the sport lately has been real, but mostly click bait in my mind.

And I think Ocon will be crying a lot, but it won't be the first time.

Matthew
22nd March 2024, 19:10
We are likely to see Ferrari giving competition to Red Bull this weekend. Max would still be the clear favorite to get the race win by we see Ferrari getting the second post on the podium this Sunday.

airshifter
23rd March 2024, 02:45
It looks like it's going to be really tight and qualification. If anyone gets ahead of Red Bull in qually it could pan out during the race.

If anything it looks like Ferrari might take the fight to Red Bull. Mercedes looks strong on the soft tire, but not as strong on the medium.

But then again Red Bull seem to be more focused on a race pace with this year's car, so it could be a race that changes quickly once it starts.

I guess we'll find out in about an hour who ends up on top for the race start.

Tazio
23rd March 2024, 04:17
Boss got spanked!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Tazio
24th March 2024, 03:58
Pow!
George spanked himself

Tazio
24th March 2024, 04:02
Brilliant race by Fred! ;)
+ Sainz and the McLaren boyz

airshifter
24th March 2024, 06:10
Hard to say on that one. Fred might have spanked himself, as he has been called to the stewards, and telemetry shows that he lifted and braked, then accelerated again, before braking for the corner. I suspect the stewards are assuming that wiley old Fred reeled in George on purpose to destabilize him through the corner. With a bad corner it's hard to stay on the attack.

Tricky call to make, as Fred could have just been trying to reel George close and then get the better corner exit himself to defend. I guess we'll see soon enough how it all plays out.

As for the rest of the race, great job by Ferrari and McLaren. Carlos controlled the race well from the front once Max was in trouble, and McLaren had a strong race as well. Sergio is showing the weakness on having him as a driver when things go wrong for Max though. I'm not sure RB want to play that hand much longer. And in the junior team, Yuki got some points, and Danny is still struggling. With George off both Haas cars end up in the points, which for them is a good weekend.

N. Jones
24th March 2024, 13:32
Well, that was different! Ferrari did have the pace after all.

airshifter
24th March 2024, 20:02

It's almost a shame that Max had his issues so early in the race. Carlos was quick enough that he might have been able to keep pace with Max in the RB it seemed. I guess we will never know for sure, but Carlos and Ferrari did seem really quick.

Aaaaannnnddd..... Alonso got spanked with a 20 second penalty. I'm still not sure if I agree with it, as similar incidents have taken place. And though they claim that penalties have nothing to do with the outcome of the action, I'm not sure this is the case this time. Other drivers have lifted in a similar fashion and not got a penalty, but then again there was no accident. But I do think Fred pushed it further than others have, so the penalty might make sense.

Matthew
24th March 2024, 20:10

They do have the pace but it would be interesting if they have enough speed to beat Max this season.

N. Jones
25th March 2024, 15:55
I also think this is Danny Ric's last season. He has been terrible.

Nitrodaze
25th March 2024, 19:39
They do have the pace but it would be interesting if they have enough speed to beat Max this season.

Nah, Redbull just could not get the balance right at this race. But one thing is clear, Ferrari is going to be a regular headache for Redbull through the season. Maybe the Redbull is not as bulletproof as they were, in which case the fight for the title may be closer this season.

Apparently, Appendix causes drag :-)

gm99
26th March 2024, 08:07
I also think this is Danny Ric's last season. He has been terrible.

If he doesn't pick up his performance, he may not even last the entire season...

airshifter
28th March 2024, 15:15
If he doesn't pick up his performance, he may not even last the entire season...

Some sources are stating that he may only have a few races to pick things up according to Marko. They have Lawson waiting to pick up the seat, and right now things might not be going towards Ricciardo finding his way back in to a full time ride, much less moving up to the senior team.

Nitrodaze
2nd April 2024, 21:22
I watched that Russell crash again and wondered if that crash was avoidable. I think he panicked and lost the car. It seemed partly his fault. A more experienced driver would have handled that situation differently l felt. That said, Alonso was a bit naughty and deserved the penalty.

Bagwan
5th April 2024, 16:37
I heard that Russell has said that he was looking down at his dash board , picking a setting , and was surprised by being so close to Fred when he looked up .