PDA

View Full Version : 2024 - Race 2 Saudia Arabia

F1nKS
5th March 2024, 22:01
Race 2 - As the World Turns in Formula 1

Nitrodaze
6th March 2024, 18:05
I think this going to be the true showing of the capability of all cars on the grid. At the end of this race, we should have a much clearer picture of how far ahead Redbull actually is. And what the true pecking order is at this stage of the season.

Nitrodaze
6th March 2024, 18:07
I think this going to be the true showing of the capability of all cars on the grid. At the end of this race, we should have a much clearer picture of how far ahead Redbull actually is. And what the true pecking order is at this stage of the season.

We shall see the true pace of Ferrari and Mercedes. I like the look of the 2024 Mercedes. They are clearly on a very promising trajectory.

airshifter
8th March 2024, 06:33
I wish Jeddah wasn't such a tunnel of catch fences. It turned out to be a great track but being so tight even the camera views are limited in showing the real flow of the track.

Four teams in the top four positions though FP2, with Alonso on top. Though I expect Max will probably top that tomorrow, they look tight enough that it could get interesting.

That near miss with Lewis and Logan wasn't far away from becoming real bad. A terrible part of the track for it to happen on, and if they curb upset the Williams much more Logan could have been hard into a wall had he avoided contact with the Merc. Really poor job from the Merc pit wall on keeping Lewis informed, and TBH I don't think their fine was quite enough as it was all on them for not informing Lewis.

That incident was really the one thing I don't like about the track. If the wrong thing happens at the wrong place it could go bad really quickly. I think it's probably the most dangerous track in the series currently, just so many blind or close corners that proper warning is hard even if teams/marshalls/drivers are on their games. And even as much as they keep making the cars safer and safer, I'd hate to see the wreck that finds the limits of the current cars. And with this track, a multi car incident in the wrong place could easily do just that it seems.

gm99
8th March 2024, 11:03
It won't take until 2025 for an English driver to race for Ferrari again: Oliver Bearman is set to replace Sainz who is suffering from appendicitis.

Matthew
8th March 2024, 17:00
Max Verstappen will start on pole position for tomorrow's race.

https://i.imgur.com/59JlZPE.png

F1nKS
8th March 2024, 21:21
In the Red Bull soap opera - Marko indicates he might be suspended from Red Bull.

Max says in response:

"Also, I’ve always expressed this to everyone within the team, everyone high up, that he’s an important part in my decision-making for all the time in the future as well within the team. So it’s very important that he stays within the team, including, of course, everyone else, because it’s a whole team effort.”

Tazio
9th March 2024, 01:17
Max Verstappen will start on pole position for tomorrow's race.

https://i.imgur.com/59JlZPE.pngVery exciting qualy. First two rows were hauling ass's. Shout out to the top qualifiers. Brilliant job Max, LeC', Chec, and Fred.

'troll......slow......sad.......whats up with that dude? He is getting bro smoked.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Tazio
9th March 2024, 15:58
'troll! :dork:

airshifter
9th March 2024, 23:39
'troll! :dork:

Sooner or later daddy will figure out that he's just pissing away money on any dreams for Lance. If he really wants to own a team, he needs to find a better driver. It just goes to show you can be a billionaire and not so bright at times.

Overall, nothing really unexpected in the race. Lance brings out the safety car and a few people roll the dice on staying out.... it works out ok for some but not great for others.

Lando had no chance against Max after the restart, and I doubt anyone else would have either. But with the complete lack of degradation on the tires those that stayed out were in decent shape, but as the laps clicked down and it became clear they had no second safety car early enough to save them, they had to bail and pit.

From Leclerc down to Russel they seemed stable in their positions, with not much chance of changing places short of mistakes. I'm shocked that Leclerc was able to pull off fastest lap after such a long stint on the hards, but he took the point away from Lewis. Solid drives from this group though, not much to watch because they all stayed on the game and pace differences were too close.

As for Lewis, the duel between him and Lando was good to watch, and I thought for sure Lewis would get him. But the strength of the Merc in a straight line couldn't overcome the strength of the McLaren though those high speed twisties.

I think Magnussen got a bit screwed on penalties there, both of them. But he still pulled off a good rear gunner job and helped give Hulk some space to get in the points without threat.

As for Bearman, all things considered I do think he deserved DOTD. With just that practice session and qually, he did a really good job. For that matter he almost got into Q3, and considering the experience and time in the car, no small feat. He wasn't a pushover and attacked in the early laps, then settled in and brought home some points for Ferrari. Considering his tire choice, the safety car might have helped a little, but really the soft wasn't much better than the medium that most started on. Well done for him, and I'm sure he just upped his value for future seats.

Used to be Starter
10th March 2024, 12:55
Sooner or later daddy will figure out that he's just pissing away money on any dreams for Lance. If he really wants to own a team, he needs to find a better driver. It just goes to show you can be a billionaire and not so bright at times.

That's chump change to him though. He's not spending any more (to him) than you would to take your kid to Disney.

Matthew
10th March 2024, 20:37
The highlight of the race was surely the performance of Oliver Bearman on his F1 debut. This kid is going to get a lot of success in this sport.

airshifter
11th March 2024, 20:36
I can't believe I forgot to mention who I think was a strong contender for driver of the race.

The bump from Kevin might have shaken Albon up a little bit, but he put in some fine racecraft even though it didn't put him in the points.

He kept looking hard on the outside of turn 12 but couldn't make it stick. But when the time came he made that late lunge look easy, and quicky cleared Yuki. It looked like he came in way too hot, but he didn't. That was one of the best late braking moves we've seen in a while.

Though his first shot at Red Bull was obviously too early in his career he seems to be maturing very well. I hope he has opportunity to get a better car under him at some point in the future.