PDA

View Full Version : [WRC] Rally Italia Sardegna 2024

Pages : 1 [2]

EstWRC
1st June 2024, 12:39
Im 100% sure they wouldn’t have told to Neuville to hold back and not fight. Absolutely sure

WRCStan
1st June 2024, 12:40
The "read between lines" here can be, that Hyundai plays for Neuville's drivers title and manu's title.

Or mind games, Seb backs off.. Ott pushes.

CeskyOndra
1st June 2024, 12:40
Im 100% sure they wouldn’t have told to Neuville to hold back and not fight. Absolutely sure

Maybe they would but he wouldn't respect their decision anyways

Kras
1st June 2024, 12:41

They didnt even tell him not to push when he had a 30 sec gap front and back.

If I we're in Tanaks place it tell them I'll slow down only if they bench the retard Neuville for the next rally

J4MIE
1st June 2024, 12:41
Wtf why. It’s too soon to ask such a things

Screw you Cyril with huge promises before the season.

It’s a team game, if you drive for the team then you have to play.

CeskyOndra
1st June 2024, 12:42

If I we're in Tanaks place it tell them I'll slow down only if they bench the retard Neuville for the next rally

What do you mean? He is still much better than Tanak this season.

J4MIE
1st June 2024, 12:43
Not sure if its sensible for Tanak to fight with Ogier given Neuville and Evans wont score too highly here. There are better rallies ahead to suit Tanak.

Exactly. He’s not fighting Ogier in any way.

CeskyOndra
1st June 2024, 12:43
Ogier is still faster than Tanak this year

jonkka
1st June 2024, 12:44
Or mind games, Seb backs off.. Ott pushes.

Seb is far too old fox to fall for such tricks.

Kras
1st June 2024, 12:45
What do you mean? He is still much better than Tanak this season.

What I mean is he lost manu points by pushing with nothing to gain. And now his team mates are punished for it

CeskyOndra
1st June 2024, 12:47
What I mean is he lost manu points by pushing with nothing to gain. And now his team mates are punished for it

We still dont know if the reason of the crash wasnt bad pacenote call.

Backa
1st June 2024, 12:52

Maybe they don't consider risking losing 15 points by pushing to gain extra 3 worthy, especially as those points go not to Evans but part-time Ogier?

I am not even sure Neuville had unreasonably risky pace, it could be simply pacenote mistake.

Do you consider Tanak "retard" too because he agreed to keep it safe and not pushed too much?

EstWRC
1st June 2024, 12:54
It’s a team game, if you drive for the team then you have to play.

Yes but it’s too early for such a decision IMO

Tauri_J
1st June 2024, 13:01
Why you guys act like this was so unexpected?

Only two cars running and Hyundai would be toast if Ott crashes

CeskyOndra
1st June 2024, 13:07
Here you are. He agrees with the team. Cant match Ogier.

EstWRC
1st June 2024, 13:07
I hope at least Tänak can push tomorrow

TypeR
1st June 2024, 13:08
Clearly abiteville sent another message..

Dontcut
1st June 2024, 13:09
Here you are. He agrees with the team. Cant match Ogier.
That stage end comment was full of irony

Eli
1st June 2024, 13:09
‘What can you do to get a better feeling?’
Perhaps change a car, oh wait, their aren’t anymore options.

Backa
1st June 2024, 13:10
So Ott simply agrees with team and all that moaning on forum was for nothing? lol.

WRCStan
1st June 2024, 13:12
It's going to be Seb wins the rally but Ott scores most again isn't it.

EstWRC
1st June 2024, 13:12
Hahahahaha Ogier comment

He agrees with us.

Eli
1st June 2024, 13:14
So Ott simply agrees with team and all that moaning on forum was for nothing? lol.

Not moaning, annoyed we’re robbed a (good) fight for the victory.

Mirek
1st June 2024, 13:16
Hahahahaha Ogier comment

He agrees with us.

For me lately half of his replies read like "What kind of stupid question is that?"

meh
1st June 2024, 13:18
Anyway, Pajari 5th O/A.

mknight
1st June 2024, 13:20
To me it looks like Ogier is getting frustrated that drivers and teams care less and less to fight him for rally "wins". Both since he drives part time and because you can get very good points by finishing 2-3rd and instead focusing on Sunday points.
First signs were in Croatia.

macebig
1st June 2024, 13:23
And what does he expect? It's pointless for full season entries targeting the titles to fight with part timers having fun. Too much at risk...

Eli
1st June 2024, 13:27
To me it looks like Ogier is getting frustrated that drivers and teams care less and less to fight him for rally "wins". Both since he drives part time and because you can get very good points by finishing 2-3rd and instead focusing on Sunday points.

I think he's a bit mad about not beating Ott fair & square

meh
1st June 2024, 13:30
Ogier hunting wins, Tänak points. It's probably the first real option to get anything reasonable back in the championship leaderboard, in a way it makes sense to use it.

We also don't know how uncomfortable he feels in the car after having a full rally-long fight.

For a rally fan, it is boring to follow. So, thank you for the "free Saturday evening", Mr Abiteboul.

meh
1st June 2024, 13:37
Quite some drive by Rossel

RC2 standings
* after SS4, position 16, +2:12.1 from the lead.
* after SS10, position 3, +1:07.7 from the lead, 2nd place just 9.8 away.

EstWRC
1st June 2024, 13:42
Yep, Rossel has been showing an absolute amazing speed today, of course a lot to do with the starting position but still

WRCStan
1st June 2024, 13:43
Tanak fighting for the win is worth 3 more points. Manufacturers doesn't change that also being a smart decision for Ott himself. No point blaming Cyril.

Eli
1st June 2024, 13:47
This whole point system should’ve been scrapped, 12 points for 39kms on Sunday? Joke. A win should still give out the most amount of points imho. Also, at the rate Ogier’s going I’d prefer if he’d swap with Kalle and just do the full season for this year alone.

TypeR
1st June 2024, 13:47
He was leading the rally, not being 10-15s off the 1st place and chasing it.

EstWRC
1st June 2024, 14:08
in a sense i get the decision but i dont get it why it came so SOON.

if the decision would have come now after the two stages if Ogier would have been faster and passed Tänak, then i would get it and it would make more sense. But to come out of the lunch break and weave the white flag immediately and give up the lead to Ogier, very strange IMO.

and actually atm how the standings are, both Toyota and Hyundai are on equal points, but if Tänak would lead then Hyundai would get more.....

CeskyOndra
1st June 2024, 14:14
in a sense i get the decision but i dont get it why it came so SOON.

if the decision would have come now after the two stages if Ogier would have been faster and passed Tänak, then i would get it and it would make more sense. But to come out of the lunch break and weave the white flag immediately and give up the lead to Ogier, very strange IMO.

and actually atm how the standings are, both Toyota and Hyundai are on equal points, but if Tänak would lead then Hyundai would get more.....

Cyril is really confident to take more points than Toyota on Sunday and I think that it will happen

TypeR
1st June 2024, 14:37
Neuville lost contcentration and was too late on brakes for such slow corner..

Kras
1st June 2024, 14:43

He should be happy that they made wins worthless this year. He can break so many records uncontested

becher
1st June 2024, 14:55

Are you daft? Having three cars still in the running is different than having two. Lose another and you are done manufacturers wise.

What's with all the tin foil hats all of a sudden? It's not like this never happened before, remember Wales 2003?

Fast Eddie WRC
1st June 2024, 14:55
He should be happy that they made wins worthless this year. He can break so many records uncontested

It's no good knocking Ogier, he didnt make the new (points) rules. And he's only doing what he's done all his career - win rallies.

becher
1st June 2024, 15:01
What happened to Formaux? Isn't he supposed to open the road?

Backa
1st June 2024, 15:03

If he would change plans now, he would even be in good position to get another title.

Fast Eddie WRC
1st June 2024, 15:05
Nice insight from Sordo on driving these cars.

jonkka
1st June 2024, 15:08
What happened to Formaux? Isn't he supposed to open the road?

He was late on SS9 start, don't know why but that's his running position now.

Kras
1st June 2024, 15:08
It's no good knocking Ogier, he didnt make the new (points) rules. And he's only doing what he's done all his career - win rallies.

I'm not knocking Ogier, but did he really win the last rally?

From any competitiors standpoint Tanak was the winner. Is it a win when noone actually competes for it? Its like losing a tennis match 6:1, 6:7, 6:7 and saying you've won most games

Fast Eddie WRC
1st June 2024, 15:09
Are you daft? Having three cars still in the running is different than having two. Lose another and you are done manufacturers wise.

Toyota are down to two as well.

Kras
1st June 2024, 15:11
If he would change plans now, he would even be in good position to get another title.

It would be great if he did that, part-timers are boring anyway. But i doubt it will happen

Fast Eddie WRC
1st June 2024, 15:13
I'm not knocking Ogier, but did he really win the last rally?

From any competitiors standpoint Tanak was the winner. Is it a win when noone actually competes for it? Its like losing a tennis match 6:1, 6:7, 6:7 and saying you've won most games

That's contradicting your own argument.

The fastest overall time is the winner, not the most points.

Kras
1st June 2024, 15:20
That's contradicting your own argument.

The fastest overall time is the winner, not the most points.

It's not contradicting. An argument could be made that tennis making no difference between 1:6 and 7:6 sets is not ideal, but it is how it is. The player who wins more sets wins and everyone fights to win more sets. The nominal win corresponds to objective win. In wrc every driver competing for the overall position try to score most points relative to others. Objective win is scoring most points, but nominal win is something else. This devalues the nominal win

jonkka
1st June 2024, 15:24
This devalues the nominal win

It absolutely does but this is nothing new. It's been noted and criticized since the new scoring scheme was published. That's up to FIA, not to us, drivers or even teams.

It's also a question to be debated on thread other than this one.

WRCStan
1st June 2024, 15:28
It absolutely does but this is nothing new. It's been noted and criticized since the new scoring scheme was published. That's up to FIA, not to us, drivers or even teams.

It's also a question to be debated on thread other than this one.

Hang on though, what about if the nominal win devalues the championship? Can't we have 10 more pages of repeated chat?

Kras
1st June 2024, 15:35
Im sorry, it wont happen again. I agree that we need a separate thread for every specific topic on a forum with 17 active users

Tauri_J
1st June 2024, 15:48
Best point system was 10;6;4

2nd place only got 60% of 1st place points

WRCStan
1st June 2024, 15:51
Im sorry, it wont happen again. I agree that we need a separate thread for every specific topic on a forum with 17 active users

It's still better for most of the 17 to avoid repetition and stay on topic. Every rally thread this year has descended into the same sharing of general opinions and feigned confusion about it all. As you asked about another rally...:

2024 New Point Scoring System (https://www.motorsportforums.com/showthread.php?43966-2024-New-Point-Scoring-System)

Kras
1st June 2024, 16:01
It's still better for most of the 17 to avoid repetition and stay on topic. Every rally thread this year has descended into the same sharing of general opinions and feigned confusion about it all. As you asked about another rally...:

2024 New Point Scoring System (https://www.motorsportforums.com/showthread.php?43966-2024-New-Point-Scoring-System)

I didn't feign confusion, it was a rethorical question. It's obvious that i think he didn't win. But nvm, I'm done talking about it

EstWRC
1st June 2024, 16:02
A stage win for Evans out of nowhere. Lol

Eli
1st June 2024, 16:04
And Pajari in 6th, his most consistent performance so far perhaps?

PLuto
1st June 2024, 16:05
A stage win for Evans out of nowhere. Lol

Our of nowhere and for nothing...

Lead
1st June 2024, 16:24
Insane fightback from Rossel

CeskyOndra
1st June 2024, 16:29
Has Neuville chance to win Super Sunday when starting 1st on the road?

focus206
1st June 2024, 16:31
Has Neuville chance to win Super Sunday when starting 1st on the road?

No way, too much cleaning... close to 0 points for him this weekend

Eli
1st June 2024, 16:45

Don't be so sure, Thierry will be a man on a mission tomorrow, he'll probably manage to take away around 6~ points, ish.

Dontcut
1st June 2024, 16:49

I can bet on my hair that Neuville scores more than 9 points on sunday.

Fast Eddie WRC
1st June 2024, 16:51
I dont accept that the others dont want to win, but just score the most points. It's just an anomaly of the points system and not how drivers see it. If Ogier wins he deserves to win as the fastest driver over the total distance.

EstWRC
1st June 2024, 17:12
Neuville Will definitely get some points tomorrow. He has only Fourmaux and Tänak to compete with. Evans has better position but he has no speed and the others don’t want points

Backa
1st June 2024, 17:45
Neuville ended 5th at the end of friday when he was road cleaner.

Assuming they don't crash tomorrow, for now it's:

Neuville 110
Evans 96
Tanak 94
Ogier 88

Considering road position, all of three drivers catching Thierry are probable to get ~5 points more than him tomorrow.

Not great news for Neuville before Poland, Latvia and Finland but Tanak wasn't beating him 100% of time on fast gravel rallies in this region.

CeskyOndra
1st June 2024, 18:08
I think that Evans, Formaux, Tanak and Ogier will be fastest than Neuville considering his road position. Unfortunately he won't get more than 7 points

manthey
1st June 2024, 18:31
Nice insight from Sordo on driving these cars.

can you report what he said?

WRC1
1st June 2024, 19:26
Quite some drive by Rossel

RC2 standings
* after SS4, position 16, +2:12.1 from the lead.
* after SS10, position 3, +1:07.7 from the lead, 2nd place just 9.8 away.

absolutly incredible drive by Rossel.....unbelivable!

Jarek Z
1st June 2024, 20:54
absolutly incredible drive by Rossel.....unbelivable!

Yes, he won all stages today. He is the man of the rally so far!

1988senna
1st June 2024, 23:44
well ,let's talk about Evans, is time for him being a part time driver? can't see the speed any more in both gravel and tarmac maybe Toyota full time seat should belong to other body?

saco0o
2nd June 2024, 02:53
well ,let's talk about Evans, is time for him being a part time driver? can't see the speed any more in both gravel and tarmac maybe Toyota full time seat should belong to other body?

toyota is way too loyal to evans and taka,
msport is too broke to bring drivers,
hyundai will keep circulating around the same guys for 2nd and 3rd car.
i dont see change while we are stuck with rally1s.
theres no cars for new drivers :(

DracoN
2nd June 2024, 03:52
Toyota should seek out FOURMAUX, he has speed to be top contender. Evans is good time to time but i really think mental side is weakest point.
Taka is Toyota pet boy anyway. He is kind of WRC world Lance Stroll .

Adrien is hungry and can still be shaped to be WCC .

Dontcut
2nd June 2024, 05:06
If Evans continues like this and Kalle won't do full time then Toyota might swap Evans for Tänak. We have seen weirder things in this life

EstWRC
2nd June 2024, 05:11
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240602/19082cfbd69333338e64761c76cdcde8.jpg

EstWRC
2nd June 2024, 05:41
Dust for the guys behind Neuville

jonkka
2nd June 2024, 05:48
Ridiculous time differences again. That much about ending Sunday cruising.

TypeR
2nd June 2024, 05:50
Seems like easy points for Neuville from SS as nobody can't drive..

Tauri_J
2nd June 2024, 05:53
Dust is not that bad. Neuville is just crazy

mknight
2nd June 2024, 05:54
Toyota should seek out FOURMAUX, he has speed to be top contender. Evans is good time to time but i really think mental side is weakest point.
Taka is Toyota pet boy anyway. He is kind of WRC world Lance Stroll .

Adrien is hungry and can still be shaped to be WCC .

Kinda funny suggesting Fourmaux over Evans due to "mental side", just before Fourmaux does his traditional Sunday error. " Only" lost chance for good SS points this time.

That said Fourmaux has reduced the (stupid) crashing quite a lot, but some is still there (Croatia this year, Sardinia last year).

EstWRC
2nd June 2024, 05:56
That’s bonkers time from Neuville

Kras
2nd June 2024, 06:01
Someone should tell Ott that theres a separate thread for new points system

mknight
2nd June 2024, 06:02
In other news the drone pilot is terrible in providing TV-footage.
Quick corrections all the time, constantly overtaking the car. The (too fast) spin around for the corner which just gives motion sickness.

The point of drone footage is not to show off the piloting skills. Just like with helicopter footage it is entirely possible to overdo it. When the camera (drone or helicopter) movement starts to be the main focus, you are doing it wrong.

Managarium
2nd June 2024, 06:02
What an answer from Ott after stage :bandit:

trykmann
2nd June 2024, 06:03
In other news the drone pilot is terrible in providing TV-footage.
Quick corrections all the time, constantly overtaking the car. The (too fast) spin around for the corner which just gives motion sickness.

The point of drone footage is not to show off the piloting skills. Just like with helicopter footage it is entirely possible to overdo it. When the camera (drone or helicopter) movement starts to be the main focus, you are doing it wrong.

Focusing on the drone footage makes me sick and dizzy.

Eli
2nd June 2024, 06:03
God, Julien and his questions…something else…

mknight
2nd June 2024, 06:06
Someone should tell Ott that theres a separate thread for new points system

Nothing wrong with Tanak.
The problem is the RallyTV interviewers still asking questions about "win" like we have last years rules.

trykmann
2nd June 2024, 06:06
God, Julien and his questions…something else…

It seems they have been receiving feedback not to be so boring and ask something controversial.

haris274
2nd June 2024, 06:09
This shit drone footage is the reason for increase the price of rally.tv... they must pay the pilot!!! :D:D:D

Kras
2nd June 2024, 06:11
Nothing wrong with Tanak.
The problem is the RallyTV interviewers still asking questions about "win" like we have last years rules.

I was referencing something that was said to me earlier in thw thread. They must pretend a win still means something, it's what their employer asks the to do

Backa
2nd June 2024, 06:32
I would love to be in that room, where some smartasses decided rally win doesn't need to be rewarded with biggest amount of points...

Neuville fortunate with dust today, maybe they make bigger breaks between starting drivers.

meh
2nd June 2024, 06:33
Do Neuville also have more fresh tires than others?

Kras
2nd June 2024, 06:47
There they are, wrc commentstors promissing me Taka is gonna win an event any day now...

Tauri_J
2nd June 2024, 07:11
6.6 seconds

Dont think this is over yet

meh
2nd June 2024, 07:12
Is Ogier offering 1 extra point for Evans for Sunday points?

EstWRC
2nd June 2024, 07:13
Ogier seemed very nervous for some reason

Dontcut
2nd June 2024, 07:13
Is Ogier going to bottle this?

Eli
2nd June 2024, 07:16
Ogier seemed very nervous for some reason

Seemed like he had an issue and lied about it.

haris274
2nd June 2024, 07:17
Ogier was looking at the dash a bit worried..

ik1911
2nd June 2024, 07:28
Great battle for overall win, which became irrelevant!

EstWRC
2nd June 2024, 08:07
this is great to see https://x.com/DirtFishRally/status/1797173331428364464

Tauri_J
2nd June 2024, 08:42
Julien should be banned from taking stage end interviews

meh
2nd June 2024, 08:44

Seems that they have some guidelines from promotor for provocation and search/create for dramas.

Dontcut
2nd June 2024, 08:45
That question was full banter :D

Dontcut
2nd June 2024, 08:51
Tänak on full attack

GigiGalliNo1
2nd June 2024, 08:52

I missed it! Which driver and what occurred?

Mirek
2nd June 2024, 08:54
They are really overdoing the drone stuff but I guess the gaming style is aimed on the young audience and I can imagine that it actually works.

Dontcut
2nd June 2024, 08:59
Tänak is putting massive pressure on Neuville...

Eli
2nd June 2024, 09:00
They are really overdoing the drone stuff but I guess the gaming style is aimed on the young audience and I can imagine that it actually works.

It’s horrible and it’s making me dizzy.

meh
2nd June 2024, 09:01
Masterpiece by masters. Impressive drive by Tänak and Ogier.

EstWRC
2nd June 2024, 09:04
So super sunday winner will be decided on power stage

Tauri_J
2nd June 2024, 09:04
I missed it! Which driver and what occurred?

Neuville

Julien asked if he would ask for Ott to slow down so he could take max points from super sunday.

I mean WTF??

https://i.postimg.cc/9zyHMqSZ/confused-nick-young.jpg (https://postimg.cc/9zyHMqSZ)

EstWRC
2nd June 2024, 09:06
Cyril about the decision https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/tanak-eased-off-in-sardinia-wrc-win-battle-to-avoid-unreasonable-ogier-battle-risk/10618595/

haris274
2nd June 2024, 09:06
someone, please shoot the drone...

meh
2nd June 2024, 09:07
Solans got lucky 3 times in row...

GigiGalliNo1
2nd June 2024, 09:10
Don't forget guys... BANNED!

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/sardinia-harbor-jump-celebration-banned-this-year/

TypeR
2nd June 2024, 09:16
Cyril about the decision https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/tanak-eased-off-in-sardinia-wrc-win-battle-to-avoid-unreasonable-ogier-battle-risk/10618595/
Yet they go all in today :D

CeskyOndra
2nd June 2024, 09:19
So, how much cleaning will be on PS?

meh
2nd June 2024, 09:23
Supersunday, without any dramas or mistakes, Neuville and Tänak going to decide the winner.

If Evans is losing more than 3.4 seconds to Ogier, he loses another point. As Tänak is quite close to Ogier, Ogier can not take the PS too easily as well to not loose the overall winner position, as (for me) for unknown reasons he struggled and lost too much time in the 1st pass of the stage. We saw from the last stage, that with the car everything is ok.

Taka is 4.4 behind Sordo, but I think Sordo as a part-timer does not really care about those personally, just wants to take the podium place home.

meh
2nd June 2024, 09:26
So, how much cleaning will be on PS?

As I understand, it will be quite a struggle for Neuville. Rally2 and Rally3 cars drive a very different line and the loose stuff (sand) is accumulated on the Rally1 line which must be cleaned again.

Backa
2nd June 2024, 09:29

As I said yesterday, some people are too emotional about this kind of stuff.

Tanak is not a pushover that would obey to tactics purposefully hurting him and helping Neuville when fight for title is pretty much open.

meh
2nd June 2024, 09:38
https://x.com/DirtFishRally/status/1797196963571519650 - duct tape is part of Hyundai standard equipment.

Mirek
2nd June 2024, 09:42
https://x.com/DirtFishRally/status/1797196963571519650 - duct tape is part of Hyundai standard equipment.

Of everyone's standard equipment ;)

We say here something like this.

Does it move and it shall not? Use duct tape.
Or it doesn't move but it shall do? Use WD40.

meh
2nd June 2024, 09:47
Of everyone's standard equipment ;)

We say here something like this.

Does it move and it shall not? Use duct tape.
Or it doesn't move but it shall do? Use WD40.

Yes, agree with that, it is and should be available, just we have seen some usage of that - bonnet for Tänak and rear-wing for Neuville.

Eli
2nd June 2024, 09:48
Don't forget guys... BANNED!

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/sardinia-harbor-jump-celebration-banned-this-year/

That was last year.

GigiGalliNo1
2nd June 2024, 10:01
That was last year.

And this year?

Eli
2nd June 2024, 10:03
And this year?

I’m pretty sure they said since they got back to Alghero they should be able to do it.

Tauri_J
2nd June 2024, 10:25
Munster is moving backwards. At first I thought he had some potential

Eli
2nd June 2024, 10:27
Munster is moving backwards. At first I thought he had some potential

At least he’s finished without issues for a change.

Tauri_J
2nd June 2024, 10:29
Dont Think this Neuville’s time is beatable

EstWRC
2nd June 2024, 10:31
Dont Think this Neuville’s time is beatable

Nope. It requires too much risk

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd June 2024, 10:35
Amazing how well it's worked out for Neuville today. This was the perfect situation for a second chance after a mistake and he's taken it.

Dontcut
2nd June 2024, 10:36
I can bet on my hair that Neuville scores more than 9 points on sunday.

I"ll keep my hair, thank you

meh
2nd June 2024, 10:43
Whoa. 0.2 Overall win for Tänak.

Tauri_J
2nd June 2024, 10:44
New Jari Matti Latvala meme is born

Eli
2nd June 2024, 10:45
Guess there’s some justice in the sport!!!! Finally!!!

Kras
2nd June 2024, 10:45
Lmao

becher
2nd June 2024, 10:46
Ogier:"...it's not rally...".

Given he's been doing this for so long, he should know better.

Mirek
Puncture

becher
Guess there’s some justice in the sport!!!! Finally!!!

Haha sounds like it.

meh
Tänak lost the previous rally for having a puncture, and Ogier lost this one for having a puncture. 1:1

EstWRC
2nd June 2024, 10:47
Tänak!!!!!!

Remember Tänak lost the Portugal win with a puncture basically

GigiGalliNo1
2nd June 2024, 10:49
What the heck just happened???!?!?

CeskyOndra
2nd June 2024, 10:53
LOL. gutted for Ogier

CeskyOndra
2nd June 2024, 10:54
And with all of that, Neuville still 18 points advantage over both of them. In the end, great margin over fast rallies for him.

meh
2nd June 2024, 10:54
Ogier:"...it's not rally...".

Given he's been doing this for so long, he should know better.

I'm a bit surprised, that "Pirelli" was not mentioned this time by Ogier in the stage-end interview.

But if there is too big a chance to have a puncture, it makes it a lottery. Every driver said it's a destroyed stage and not much about driving.

trykmann
2nd June 2024, 10:56
I'm a bit surprised, that "Pirelli" was not mentioned this time by Ogier in the stage-end interview.

But if there is too big a chance to have a puncture, it makes it a lottery. Every driver said it's a destroyed stage and not much about driving.

Ogier praised Pirelli in an interview and said the quality has been a lot better. He also mentioned the rims are now the problem, they bend and brake the tire.

CeskyOndra
2nd June 2024, 10:57
Thank you Pirelli, you saved my Pickems.

Eli
2nd June 2024, 10:58

He was biting his lips not to say anything about them.

Eli
2nd June 2024, 10:59

Mine too!!

EstWRC
2nd June 2024, 11:00
two interviews with Loriaux today and not a single time he didnt mention Tänak IMO, only Thierry this, Thierry that

meh

I lost my pickems, and I'm quite happy about it :D

Eli
Did you guys catch who did Ott congratulate on a podium? Someone from his family.

EstWRC
2nd June 2024, 11:02
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GPEH5ioXkAA8ZZ1?format=jpg&name=large

meh
2nd June 2024, 11:02
Did you guys catch who did Ott congratulate on a podium? Someone from his family.

At the stage-end interview, the daughter Mia earns a podium place on something.

Eli
2nd June 2024, 11:03

That’s what I thought, thanks for confirming.

EstWRC
2nd June 2024, 11:04

In equestrian

Eli
2nd June 2024, 11:04

Hopefully Hyundai won’t muck it up next time, but as long as Thierry is there I highly doubt it.

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd June 2024, 11:05
That was crazy watching the time running on for Ogier and the commentary didnt seem to notice and I was shouting HE'S LOST IT !

Tauri_J
2nd June 2024, 11:05
Did you guys notice that there wasnt a team representative on the podium for team Hyundai?

Seems kinda silly, it was a 6 sec gap. Or maybe there was another reason who knows

Tauri_J
2nd June 2024, 11:07
That was crazy watching the time running on for Ogier and the commentary didnt seem to notice and I was shouting HE'S LOST IT !

Yeah I was yelling at estonian commentators. Ogier kinda looked sluggish after the downhill section and when there was about 20secs to go, I knew its gonna be really close.

meh
2nd June 2024, 11:09
Rewatching the stage-end interview with Ogier - right after losing a rally win with 0.2 seconds, I think he reacted really well and measured way.

CeskyOndra
2nd June 2024, 11:30

Neuville has cca 1 event advantage, if he can get good solid points every weekend and Tanak will be dominating every weekend, then it will be pretty evenly matched before Greece.

denkimi
2nd June 2024, 11:35
Neuville has cca 1 event advantage, if he can get good solid points every weekend and Tanak will be dominating every weekend, then it will be pretty evenly matched before Greece.
Tanak has lost almost all of his road position advantage after today, i doubt he will dominate the next rallies.

CeskyOndra
2nd June 2024, 11:37
Tanak has lost almost all of his road position advantage after today, i doubt he will dominate the next rallies.

It doesnt mater too much if you are 3rd or 2nd on the road. I dont know how big cleaning effect is in Poland and Latvia tho. We can expect rain.

"Username"
2nd June 2024, 11:37
Something tells me a puncture will happen either with ott or seb. Probably ott.

GigiGalliNo1
2nd June 2024, 11:40
Did you guys notice that there wasnt a team representative on the podium for team Hyundai?

Seems kinda silly, it was a 6 sec gap. Or maybe there was another reason who knows

And the Japanese flag stayed up.

Tauri_J
2nd June 2024, 11:46

Faster rallies dont have that huge cleaning effect, and a lot more chances for wet weather.

focus206
2nd June 2024, 11:47
Tanak did everything right this weekend, now he'll get a slightly worse road position but he's good at fast gravel rallies, which this year are 3 instead of 2. Shame his 0,2 seconds win means a bit less than usual.
Another slow weekend from Evans, but he bagged good points nonetheless.
Neuville was very fast, surprised he was able to win Sunday + PS, but truly a waste that mistake...
Now Neuville and Evans must hope Tanak runs into some sort of trouble for the next 3 rallies, will be hard to beat him just with speed.

rallyfiend
2nd June 2024, 12:36
And the Japanese flag stayed up.

I noticed that too - but I checked and it was gone before the anthems actually started.

meh
2nd June 2024, 12:46
Tanak did everything right this weekend, now he'll get a slightly worse road position but he's good at fast gravel rallies, which this year are 3 instead of 2. Shame his 0,2 seconds win means a bit less than usual.
Another slow weekend from Evans, but he bagged good points nonetheless.
Neuville was very fast, surprised he was able to win Sunday + PS, but truly a waste that mistake...
Now Neuville and Evans must hope Tanak runs into some sort of trouble for the next 3 rallies, will be hard to beat him just with speed.

Have not checked the stats, but it was probably the first weekend for Tänak when he earned fewer points than he could earn with the old scoring system (got 25 vs old 29).

Tänak likes the fast stuff, we know he is good at it. What we don't know is how the current car suits him for delivering the result. It's too early to celebrate his dominance on the fast stuff. Evans has quite a good toy to play with for that.

focus206
2nd June 2024, 12:56
Tänak likes the fast stuff, we know he is good at it. What we don't know is how the current car suits him for delivering the result. It's too early to celebrate his dominance on the fast stuff. Evans has quite a good toy to play with for that.

Yes, setup / confidence is one of the troubles Neuville and Evans should hope Tanak has, for the next rounds.

AndersX
2nd June 2024, 13:11
Latvia will have massive cleaning issue - that surface is very different; more closer to average Estonia. Poland is soft, front runners might have advantage; those who has curiosity, suggest to study Pol and Lat ERC 2023 results, will gjve a lot of info, but beeing first in Lat is bad position.

Devillersvideo
2nd June 2024, 14:08
Once again, amazing WRC rally with great action to see in Sardegna :)

https://youtu.be/D70_cK-4H5M

Not my favorite rally but a good discovery :)

EstWRC
2nd June 2024, 15:42
I’m pretty sure they said since they got back to Alghero they should be able to do it.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7t-IolC0zf/?igsh=ZG9scmVwZmh2cDRp

Eli
2nd June 2024, 15:46

So annoying WRC ‘all live’ aren’t showing us these scenes.

Eli
2nd June 2024, 16:13

https://x.com/dirtfishrally/status/1797299840839303598?s=61

At least we have dirtfish to thank for.

meh
2nd June 2024, 17:46
https://x.com/HMSGOfficial/status/1797286342163865645 - Hyundai's own video

SubaruNorway
2nd June 2024, 17:50
The two guys head butting must have caused a concussion 😅

meh
2nd June 2024, 18:07
https://x.com/OfficialWRC/status/1797251796039045146 - link to Post-Event Press Conference

saco0o
2nd June 2024, 20:55

sad to listen ott saying that in the end, because ITS TRUE. this points systems is a joke.
ott is not even interested in "winning the rally", just want to score most points on sunday. thats just, aaahhh what a joke

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd June 2024, 09:01
sad to listen ott saying that in the end, because ITS TRUE. this points systems is a joke.
ott is not even interested in "winning the rally", just want to score most points on sunday. thats just, aaahhh what a joke

So winning the rally doesn't matter ?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GPEbfxhWsAAQ7lE?format=jpg&name=medium

EstWRC
3rd June 2024, 09:28
Passats de canto video

https://youtu.be/Boqpoy1VcLY?si=Qi7YLA1CN9CaflCb

CeskyOndra
3rd June 2024, 09:48

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GPEbfxhWsAAQ7lE?format=jpg&name=medium

Exactly.. If it really doesnt matter in any way, why is he celebrating so much?

rallyfiend
3rd June 2024, 10:33

Yes, I bet he's also not caring about the big bonus cheque...

denkimi
3rd June 2024, 10:37
Because he won, he got the most points in the end.

bluuford
3rd June 2024, 11:13
Just a small note, being first on the road in powerstage (both passes) is big-big advantage, especially after Rally2 cars for second run. They are leveling the ruts a little and then this beach stage is getting more and more rutted/destroyed/ more stones are coming out. Simply the wheels are not reaching the ground anymore. It was also big advantage on first stage in the morning due to the heavy dust issue (most of the dust was not shown in live TV, also the loose gravel layer was rather thick, so the cleaning was very slow). Thierry had luck on his side on this Sunday, had disadvantage only in one stage :) And he used his advantage 100%.

Backa
3rd June 2024, 12:04

I guess it's still nice feeling, although I believe him that his focus is championship points and he drove fast in sunday to beat Neuville, not Ogier. I assume he would not celebrate as much if he would be 1st with 21 points and Neuville would end 3rd with 24 points.

flat_right
3rd June 2024, 12:23

Sadly guys, you have completely missed the point here.

1. On Saturday, he said that they discussed the situation with the team, and considering that he is so much behind in the DWC standings, the risk for getting extra 3 points vs collecting 15 was too much, especially as he didn't feel comfortable on the smoother and faster surface.

2. On Sunday morning he was 17.1 seconds behind Ogier (total distance 39.3 km). There was absolutely no need to catch Ogier and try to be about 0.5 s/km faster than him - you won't get any extra points for that. He only had to make sure that he is at least 2nd on Super Sunday and on Powerstage. And like bluuford said, there were better conditions for Neuville and he also went all in for those points (totally understandable). So questions from different journalists that are you trying to catch Ogier were completely nonsense. I believe everyone here would have said and done exactly this. Ott said it perfectly - Ogier is here for the rallies (wins), I'm here for the championship

3. So to sum up - was it important to win for Ott - not really (no extra points). Had someone asked that would he be happy if he won (stupid question of course) and Ott would have said of course. So yeah... he is happy as we can see but had Ogier been 0.3 seconds faster on the PS, Ott would have collected exactly the same points as he did.

CeskyOndra
3rd June 2024, 13:32
Passats de canto video

https://youtu.be/Boqpoy1VcLY?si=Qi7YLA1CN9CaflCb

Wow. Just great as always

ik1911
3rd June 2024, 14:28
Because he won, he got the most points in the end.

The problem is, even Tanak had finished second ( behind Ogier) he get same points ( 25)!

Eli
3rd June 2024, 18:37
A nice analysis from the rally: https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/what-we-learned-from-rally-italy-sardinia-2024/

Fast Eddie WRC
4th June 2024, 10:07
Sadly guys, you have completely missed the point here.

1. On Saturday, he said that they discussed the situation with the team, and considering that he is so much behind in the DWC standings, the risk for getting extra 3 points vs collecting 15 was too much, especially as he didn't feel comfortable on the smoother and faster surface.

2. On Sunday morning he was 17.1 seconds behind Ogier (total distance 39.3 km). There was absolutely no need to catch Ogier and try to be about 0.5 s/km faster than him - you won't get any extra points for that. He only had to make sure that he is at least 2nd on Super Sunday and on Powerstage. And like bluuford said, there were better conditions for Neuville and he also went all in for those points (totally understandable). So questions from different journalists that are you trying to catch Ogier were completely nonsense. I believe everyone here would have said and done exactly this. Ott said it perfectly - Ogier is here for the rallies (wins), I'm here for the championship

3. So to sum up - was it important to win for Ott - not really (no extra points). Had someone asked that would he be happy if he won (stupid question of course) and Ott would have said of course. So yeah... he is happy as we can see but had Ogier been 0.3 seconds faster on the PS, Ott would have collected exactly the same points as he did.

We havent missed the point - it's a fact that he and the team celebrated wildly when he won, regardless of the points, so proving winning does matter.

Ogier might be in it for Wins, but so are the others. This will their legacy when rally history is written, not how many points they were awarded on each event.

Backa
4th June 2024, 11:18
This will their legacy when rally history is written, not how many points they were awarded on each event.

Biggest impact of legacy has his amount of championship titles, not amount of rally wins, so it makes sense winning rally didn't matter in terms of how he approached stages - when he was pushing, keeping it safe etc.

It matter aftermath to an extent that he was celebrating it but during competition, fight for win was just noise distracting him from his goal.

gaudino69
4th June 2024, 15:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re5XjK5mbAo

my best of rally italia sardegna 2024 : enjoy

meh
4th June 2024, 15:40
We havent missed the point - it's a fact that he and the team celebrated wildly when he won, regardless of the points, so proving winning does matter.

Ogier might be in it for Wins, but so are the others. This will their legacy when rally history is written, not how many points they were awarded on each event.

Win provides emotions and statistics, and that is what they got. Win does not matter for championship points, it did not change anything was the Tänak 1st or 2nd - so mathematically it does not matter.

ik1911
4th June 2024, 16:36
Win provides emotions and statistics, and that is what they got. Win does not matter for championship points, it did not change anything was the Tänak 1st or 2nd - so mathematically it does not matter.

The only thing that could be done with new scoring - win does not matter!

ReRe
25th June 2024, 22:10
Here are my pictures from Rally Sardegna 2024: https://eu.zonerama.com/TomasR/Album/11663830