View Full Version : [WRC] Rally Sweden 2024

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Andre Oliveira
19th January 2024, 09:41
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GEM1wKbXkAAZvun?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GEM1wKaXoAAWDfT?format=jpg&name=large

RS
19th January 2024, 09:54
Incredible that was the first post in the Rally Sweden thread. I think this shows we need a major change in WRC!

Lindholm remains in Hyundai. Suninen absent.

Rallyper
19th January 2024, 09:59
Yeah. I just tried to watch the page ahead, but there wasn´t any... :(

Andre Oliveira
19th January 2024, 10:39
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GENCxuvW8AA3D0e?format=jpg&name=large

Negaiss
19th January 2024, 11:26
No Suninen in Sweden ? Probably no deal and career is over for him. If he can deliver somewhere, then it is here - Sweden.

Sulland
19th January 2024, 11:53
56 cars in total in Sweden!!!
3 swedish crews, no norwegians, a few finns.

Exspensive periode, but still!!

rallyfiend
19th January 2024, 12:36
56 cars in total in Sweden!!!
3 swedish crews, no norwegians, a few finns.

Exspensive periode, but still!!

It's more than last year, and the year before that and the year before that....

rp
19th January 2024, 13:06
A bad Entry List! It shows everything of the current situation of the WRC.

Three Swedish and no norwgian drivers at all!

Very sad that Huttunen career is over and maybe Suninen also.

Rallyper
19th January 2024, 13:36
Regarding Huttunen and Suninen I must say, even though they are good, their chances have been so many. Without much success.
Now a new bunch of brilliant Finnish drivers are waiting for results. I believe strongly Finland will have a few more guys in Rally1 cars within a couple of years.

Andre Oliveira
19th January 2024, 18:09
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GEOqajQX0AAg3cB?format=jpg&name=medium

doubled1978
19th January 2024, 19:10
I can’t help but feel that is a disappointing entry list, particularly Rally2.

CeskyOndra
19th January 2024, 20:57
Sweden is do specific rally that no many drivers want to be there. It is always like this

Sulland
20th January 2024, 17:30
Sweden is do specific rally that no many drivers want to be there. It is always like this

Agree that driving on snow and ice is for most people very special and rare.

But for many of us up here asphalt rally is about as cool as watching paint dry. Reason, we drive very few rallies on the black stuff, and most on snow and gravel.

Rally Sweden used to be the highlight for many locals. They worked on getting together the budget to drive our local world championship round. Swedes, Finns and Norwegians got more km in one rally than all the nationlal series in total.

Then it came more and more regulations on tyres, petrol, much higher entry fee and so on.
Now with european economies struggeling, less and less people have the possibility.
With few locals driving, you loose a lot of spectators wanting to watch a friend or one or more local boys and girls.

Maybe FIA need to cut entry fees for locals, so more local drivers can drive their rally!

Steve Boyd
20th January 2024, 23:31
Back in the GpA days I chap I know drove from Liverpool to Sweden for the rally a couple of times because he enjoyed driving on snow with proper tyres even more than driving on gravel in the UK.

Morte66
27th January 2024, 17:07
Can anybody tell me what "authorised neutral athlete" (the asterisk) means?

Myrvold
27th January 2024, 17:19
Can anybody tell me what "authorised neutral athlete" (the asterisk) means?

"Russian that are allowed to compete without a flag".

EstWRC
29th January 2024, 17:47
Just checked the itinerary and nice long stages every day. Two times 28km on Friday and Saturday and two times 25km on Sunday.

CeskyOndra
29th January 2024, 18:29
Just checked the itinerary and nice long stages every day. Two times 28km on Friday and Saturday and two times 25km on Sunday.

And I have seen that on stage Brattby, there is #42 ... We all know why.. Nice gesture!

Rallyest
30th January 2024, 07:14
And I have seen that on stage Brattby, there is #42 ... We all know why.. Nice gesture!

That is nice, still gutted that the Mayor isnt with us anymore, cant believe its been almost a year

Myrvold
31st January 2024, 01:54
Rally Sweden used to be the highlight for many locals. They worked on getting together the budget to drive our local world championship round. Swedes, Finns and Norwegians got more km in one rally than all the nationlal series in total.
Then it came more and more regulations on tyres, petrol, much higher entry fee and so on.
Now with european economies struggeling, less and less people have the possibility.
With few locals driving, you loose a lot of spectators wanting to watch a friend or one or more local boys and girls.

Maybe FIA need to cut entry fees for locals, so more local drivers can drive their rally!

One thing is money and regulations, but you also see where the most Norwegian drivers are located. That's also where their sponsors were located. Doing Rally Sweden in Värmland&Norway, getting the biggest sponsors to their service park, VIP'ing them around (as VIP as you can make it as a Rally2/Rally3/Rally4 privateer), it gave the sponsors a reason to chip in a little bit extra. It was worth it. They could drive up after work on Friday, either do a full party on Saturday and sleep of the alcohol on Sunday, or watch rally and service on Saturday, go home again and sleep in their own bed on Saturday night. Perfect.

In Umeå... that's not the case. Solberg in WRC2, Johansson in JWRC. Then there is Reiersen as a one off. That's it with Norwegian-Swedes/Swedes (I claim both Solberg and Reiersen as Norwegians!). With 4 Finns (Manufacturer-drivers in Rally1 not included) it's not really much more Finns than usual either.
It's just not worth it. It takes a lot more time for everyone involved. It takes 12 hours to drive, in perfect conditions, with no stop from where I live and up to Umeå, and I live closer than many of the Norwegian privateers that have showed up now and again.

SubaruNorway
31st January 2024, 16:47
1550nok if you want a physical pass 1250 for e-ticket, that's crazy with the itinerary this year.

TypeR
31st January 2024, 17:15
1550nok if you want a physical pass 1250 for e-ticket, that's crazy with the itinerary this year.
Crazy price.. + seems that physical pass will be printed on gold paper :D

AndersX
31st January 2024, 17:36
The same with spectating: to drive from Stockholm - too long, to fly or train - too complicate on the place; roads are far far away from Varmlads and Nor border roller coasters. At the same time, just 2h drive from Stockholm, near Gavle is real winter wonderland this year. Umea has no USPs.

Jewy46
1st February 2024, 07:55
Do you need to buy the rally passes well in advance or can you purchase in petrol stations etc just before the rally, like Finland?

Strange the physical passes are so much more expensive

Rallyper
1st February 2024, 08:39
One thing is money and regulations, but you also see where the most Norwegian drivers are located. That's also where their sponsors were located. Doing Rally Sweden in Värmland&Norway, getting the biggest sponsors to their service park, VIP'ing them around (as VIP as you can make it as a Rally2/Rally3/Rally4 privateer), it gave the sponsors a reason to chip in a little bit extra. It was worth it. They could drive up after work on Friday, either do a full party on Saturday and sleep of the alcohol on Sunday, or watch rally and service on Saturday, go home again and sleep in their own bed on Saturday night. Perfect.

In Umeå... that's not the case. Solberg in WRC2, Johansson in JWRC. Then there is Reiersen as a one off. That's it with Norwegian-Swedes/Swedes (I claim both Solberg and Reiersen as Norwegians!). With 4 Finns (Manufacturer-drivers in Rally1 not included) it's not really much more Finns than usual either.
It's just not worth it. It takes a lot more time for everyone involved. It takes 12 hours to drive, in perfect conditions, with no stop from where I live and up to Umeå, and I live closer than many of the Norwegian privateers that have showed up now and again.

I´d say big sponsors fly to Umeå. Can be done in one day or at least only one night stay.

SubaruNorway
1st February 2024, 16:37
Do you need to buy the rally passes well in advance or can you purchase in petrol stations etc just before the rally, like Finland?

Strange the physical passes are so much more expensive

Seems like only e-ticket from today onwards, nothing at Coop this year.
You can still get the physical pass but they won't send by mail anymore, you order online and then pick it up at Rally HQ at Umeå Service Park Nolia it says on their FB.

I'Il just get an e-ticket and make myself a fake pass as a souvenir, i save all my passes.

SubaruNorway
1st February 2024, 16:52
The same with spectating: to drive from Stockholm - too long, to fly or train - too complicate on the place; roads are far far away from Varmlads and Nor border roller coasters. At the same time, just 2h drive from Stockholm, near Gavle is real winter wonderland this year. Umea has no USPs.

One problem is expensive rental cars, i don't know what people have been able to get but I don't dare driving a 2WD up there at least.
The Audi A4 quattro I've had the last two years was now 13.000kr, in 22 i was 6000kr. Saw a Volvo XC60 at 7000kr
Flight from Oslo-Stockholm-Umeå 3500kr.
So I'm driving 10-11 hours starting on Monday night, so had to take next Monday off also, 5 days off work.
(100 euro = 1135kr)

NielsH
2nd February 2024, 06:31
One problem is expensive rental cars, i don't know what people have been able to get but I don't dare driving a 2WD up there at least.
The Audi A4 quattro I've had the last two years was now 13.000kr, in 22 i was 6000kr. Saw a Volvo XC60 at 7000kr
Flight from Oslo-Stockholm-Umeå 3500kr.
So I'm driving 10-11 hours starting on Monday night, so had to take next Monday off also, 5 days off work.
(100 euro = 1135kr)

I've rented a captur, so if you see a rental captur stuck please help me hahahaha

AndersX
2nd February 2024, 14:20
You have to be creative: fly or take a train to, e.g., Luleå or Sundsvall, take a car there, 3:20 drive and you are in Umeå. I am sure that as these cities are not close to rally, prices have more sense.

Lead
5th February 2024, 09:45
So this year there wont be possibility to buy rally-pass at the gas stations or Umea service park? So i wont be able to attend stages if I want to pay in cash? Meanwhile they prefer ONLY cash for the parking? Confusing.
And I have to agree, price this year is really high...

EDIT: And how will they check those e-tickets at the stages? With scanners? I can imagine how long this process will take, for everyone to take out the mobile phone, find a wallet, open the file, scan it ... I think it that will undoubtedly create jams at stage entrencies.

SubaruNorway
5th February 2024, 15:20
So this year there wont be possibility to buy rally-pass at the gas stations or Umea service park? So i wont be able to attend stages if I want to pay in cash? Meanwhile they prefer ONLY cash for the parking? Confusing.
And I have to agree, price this year is really high...

EDIT: And how will they check those e-tickets at the stages? With scanners? I can imagine how long this process will take, for everyone to take out the mobile phone, find a wallet, open the file, scan it ... I think it that will undoubtedly create jams at stage entrencies.

I think you need the e-ticket either way yes. No reception and Swish only works for Swedish people.
I guess so, wasn't it scanners they had issues with at CER?

No magazine so all stage info is here btw
https://rallysweden.com/program/

df93
5th February 2024, 21:25
Is there anyway to get into the start of the Umea stage? Both the short and full version. Thanks 👍🏻 PM if easier

Hartusvuori
6th February 2024, 05:18
Quote from the Finnish forum. Organizer had listed these Coops when asked if the rally passes are available this year.

City Umeå, Stora Coop Tomtebo, Stora Coop Ersboda, Coop Haga, Coop Teg, Coop Ålidhem, Coop Mariehem, Coop Grisbacka, Coop Bjurholm, Coop Holmsund, Coop Hörnefors, Coop Lycksele, Coop Nordmaling, Coop Robertsfors, Coop Röbäck, Stora Coop Norrböle, Stora Coop Sörbole, Coop Vilhelmina, Coop Vindeln, Coop Vännäs, Coop Vännäsby, Stora Coop Örnsköldsvik

Myrvold
7th February 2024, 23:39
I´d say big sponsors fly to Umeå. Can be done in one day or at least only one night stay.

Two nights stay if you want to watch 1 day of rally/service etc. Travel up on Friday, mid-day, and back home mid-day Sunday.
It's a lot higher cost, and while one can say "big sponsors". It's not really that much big sponsors around on the local drivers here. I think it's quite telling that neither Johan Kristofferson or OC Veiby are bothering.

CeskyOndra
9th February 2024, 07:18
A bit of snow in the forecast for Sweden

https://www.yr.no/en/forecast/daily-table/2-602150/Sweden/V%C3%A4sterbotten/Ume%C3%A5%20Kommun/Ume%C3%A5

In that case, Late runners will have a lot of advantage

EstWRC
10th February 2024, 05:58
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240210/dff7cf12c3666678a7ed4875b8a1b64c.jpg

Tauri_J
10th February 2024, 06:37
Yeah, good luck Thierry.

But pretty sure its gonna change. Forecast been fluctuating from one side to another lately.

https://i.postimg.cc/hvRwxPgc/08-CD28-B5-073-A-408-D-A19-D-D69430-B80799.jpg (https://postimg.cc/YG8bB7hs)

CeskyOndra
10th February 2024, 09:05
That will needs to be rolled up by a roll, can forecast change too much in 5 days? I don't think so..

SubaruNorway
10th February 2024, 09:28
Only 10-15cm from Wednesday to Friday morning on Yr, it's usually correct, less on the northern stages, depends how close they manage to plow the snow on Friday morning before stage start

PLuto
10th February 2024, 10:31
It is funny, same like last year - really low temperatures in the weekend before and during rally week the temperature is almost around zero...

CeskyOndra
10th February 2024, 10:51
Only 10-15cm from Wednesday to Friday morning on Yr, it's usually correct, less on the northern stages, depends how close they manage to plow the snow on Friday morning before stage start

Plowed or unplowed, cleaning effect will be worse than in gravel rallies in both cases.

SubaruNorway
10th February 2024, 17:43
Plowed or unplowed, cleaning effect will be worse than in gravel rallies in both cases.

Lets see, I'm hearing the base of Brattby is much better than last year at least, it was crazy how big the ruts and dips in the road became after 2nd run last year

BleAivano
11th February 2024, 06:37
A drive through on some of stages with description of road conditions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQZyqc-GATw

Rallyper
11th February 2024, 07:36
A drive through on some of stages with description of road conditions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQZyqc-GATw

Thanks Jörgen.
Will be tricky anyway for the drivers.Very narrow in places. Not many rear bumpers will survive. ;)

CeskyOndra
11th February 2024, 09:43
Not a lot of snow this year so far

BleAivano
11th February 2024, 11:00
Not a lot of snow this year so far

What do you mean "not a lot of snow"? There is tons of snow, between 50 and 80 cm.

Myrvold
11th February 2024, 19:56
What do you mean "not a lot of snow"? There is tons of snow, between 50 and 80 cm.

Indeed. Even if one by mistake had looked at where Rally Sweden used to be, there has been plenty of snow, this from a national sprint-rally using one of the stages that was used for years in Rally Sweden(In Norway) a couple of weeks ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llUzR-7oMK8&t=1s
And now it's forecasted more snow down here as well, just like up north.

It's in general been a nice amount of snow this winter.

spyros
12th February 2024, 08:21
Cant wait to see the fight between Kalle vs Ott.

Rallyper
12th February 2024, 08:31

I guess Kalle will smash everyone. Good starting position, well done pre event in Arctic...

Tauri_J
12th February 2024, 08:31
That will needs to be rolled up by a roll, can forecast change too much in 5 days? I don't think so..

5 days is a very long time. Latest forecast shows No snow for friday.

CeskyOndra
12th February 2024, 09:09

I hope that Esapekka will be there too. I think, he could be even quicker than Ott considering his start position.

CeskyOndra
12th February 2024, 09:10
5 days is a very long time. Latest forecast shows No snow for friday.

I can see a lot of overnight snow from Thursday to Friday on Yr.

CeskyOndra
12th February 2024, 09:15
But I don't know if Yr is trustful source

TypeR
12th February 2024, 09:25
I hope that Esapekka will be there too. I think, he could be even quicker than Ott considering his start position.
From Hyundai's side Lappi has to push on Friday to get in top as he is starting after Kalle..

CeskyOndra
12th February 2024, 13:21
I can see a lot of overnight snow from Thursday to Friday on Yr.

Now it has completely changed and there is no snow for Friday

linni
12th February 2024, 13:28

It was about 6 - 7 years ago during Karlstadt days, when the forecast promised +5 degrees on Thursday for the Friday morning and Friday morning we woke up in a cabin wondering the -25 temperature outside.

mknight
12th February 2024, 17:22
But I don't know if Yr is trustful source

The main met model is a cooperation between NOR, SWE and FIN met offices so it's the best there is for the area.

CeskyOndra
13th February 2024, 14:05
There is snow again on Friday afternoon/evening... Lets see.. I don't believe the forecast more than 3 days before, lol. Or is it just because of this location, there are so so many changes in weather?

BleAivano
13th February 2024, 16:07
There is snow again on Friday afternoon/evening... Lets see.. I don't believe the forecast more than 3 days before, lol. Or is it just because of this location, there are so so many changes in weather?

Weather in Scandinavia is generally very difficult to forecast due it's very unpredictable nature, just the way it is.

Rallyper
13th February 2024, 16:54
Less than 48 hrs to make your Pickems for Rally Sweden. Closing time Thursday 1900 CET.

TypeR
13th February 2024, 17:45
New Hyundai livery in Sweden
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GGPUanDXgAAcbBv?format=jpg&name=medium

what a surprise.. no orange/red wheels once again :O

Although.. white rims with that big N(euville) decal would match nice in Sweden.

TanaKa
13th February 2024, 18:51
Creo que es mas bonito que los anteriores y las llantas en naranja no le vienen bien,,asi como esta,,me gusta,,por cierto la ''N'',,vale para TaNak,,tambien...

EstWRC
13th February 2024, 19:26

Although.. white rims with that big N(euville) decal would match nice in Sweden.

OMG from beautiful to absolutely hideous, at least on this pic but the picture isnt the best with a lot flash.

it was a bad livery reveal overall today, in F1 Ferrari revealed their car and looks worse than previous and in MotoGP Repsol Honda revealed theirs and is ugly as well.

Rallyest
14th February 2024, 06:27

I mean, in my opinion it looks a little better without those red/orange wheels. Dont get me wrong it is still uglier than monte livery, but it helps a little

Rallyper
14th February 2024, 07:40
Seems like there´s gonna be a shiny sunny weekend with some degrees below zero. Good for spectators and the rally.

CeskyOndra
14th February 2024, 07:53
Seems like there´s gonna be a shiny sunny weekend with some degrees below zero. Good for spectators and the rally.

Except Friday afternoon, it will be tricky

Tauri_J
14th February 2024, 10:52
Except Friday afternoon, it will be tricky

Yeah, heavy wet snow between the loops. Disaster for front runners.

CeskyOndra
14th February 2024, 12:06
hah, yr is now showing rain and snow mixed on Friday 6AM.. Im predicting Neuville loosing 2 minutes after Friday

EstWRC
14th February 2024, 16:19
How are the conditions on shakedown stage for tomorrow?

EstWRC
14th February 2024, 17:35
https://scontent.ftll2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/422692562_804058818197120_9178393450882279902_n.jp g?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=a73e89&_nc_ohc=HWmDBgY6jn8AX83cpvY&_nc_ht=scontent.ftll2-1.fna&oh=00_AfCm_20PYQPmock6CTwn2BIZQv9jj9G_dPEHb5Od2nrH 8g&oe=65D161A5
https://scontent.ftll2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/422619646_804058681530467_7721263202172022076_n.jp g?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=a73e89&_nc_ohc=mHgT4G5PE4EAX-2Jh_N&_nc_ht=scontent.ftll2-1.fna&oh=00_AfBjJBmga42EeYLEB_U_2_H4VE5m3EJf8q3TbgCI3hhu SQ&oe=65D1C5C9
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GGUAGrGXcAAHKP9?format=jpg&name=medium
https://scontent.ftll2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/422092990_802394185257156_758865728037634958_n.jpg ?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=3635dc&_nc_ohc=qjOfhmwxZhQAX-VI_lb&_nc_oc=AQlfJ-gC3P-iRwDhK8XBPxRlGp1LzRrd_DHG6FiWLr_rENV9rRAoYMsrG3P1Z c0uLAQ&_nc_ht=scontent.ftll2-1.fna&oh=00_AfAlFKzhrm7XAbm6cqCwh0qudjX-lXozpD-vm1vdleOvwg&oe=65D233C2
https://scontent.ftll2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/425254257_802394178590490_5982059717058132124_n.jp g?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=3635dc&_nc_ohc=CTc3GA3uvcIAX8RwuWL&_nc_ht=scontent.ftll2-1.fna&oh=00_AfDovXe4TkvGZq9KJiv71-_nT3-Sal4X3vGh0ErKFyG88Q&oe=65D2F2AB

EstWRC
14th February 2024, 20:20
But on the other side of the Hyundai garage, and of the snow plow debate, is Esapekka Lappi. He’ll start the first full day of Rally Sweden action from eighth on the road and if conditions remain the same, will get the benefit of a perfectly swept road on which to make a flying return to WRC.

“If it’s not plowed too much that would be a very big advantage on Friday,” he confirmed during the recce. “So let’s hope it stays as it is. I will not push [for it to be plowed] at all, I will stay silent.”

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/the-sweden-condition-factor-on-every-wrc-drivers-mind/

Recce interviews https://youtu.be/NfOKCN8vNM0?si=ajuQYJrSPAl9p-Zq

Fast Eddie WRC
14th February 2024, 20:54
Contradictory from others...

Potentially mirroring last year, the cars will quickly wear through the gravel beneath with their tungsten-tipped studded Pirelli tires. And in some areas, the ice is already gone.

“There’s a lot of gravel,” Toyota’s Elfyn Evans told DirtFish. “I’m not sure how long the roads have been open but there’s not so much ice about the place.”

EstWRC
15th February 2024, 04:32
Shakedown link

https://www.youtube.com/live/3xJbDZbt-pY?si=yZKJMr9e9SRL2rov

Rallyper
15th February 2024, 06:36
Morning guys. Here we go!! Let´s have a wonderful exciting weekend!

EstWRC
15th February 2024, 06:40
Wow haven’t seen such a wintery conditions in years

Tauri_J
15th February 2024, 06:41
Looks so loose, nightmare weekend for Thierry I bet

Rallyper
15th February 2024, 06:46
Looks so loose, nightmare weekend for Thierry I bet

I´m not sure but should say last part of SD is driven on road not used much. make the surface loose and mostly non ice under the snow. So hopefully stages are more icy and also a bit wider.
But still, hard work for Thierry on Friday...

Tauri_J
15th February 2024, 06:51
Lol 5 seconds

Tauri_J
15th February 2024, 06:53
We all know who’s gonna win this one, barring any issues.

flat_right
15th February 2024, 06:54
We all know who’s gonna win this one, barring any issues.

yes, pickems going to be easy

EstWRC
15th February 2024, 07:08
Yeah it’s faster from behind but you could also see some gravel already and I remind you that the last stage tomorrow is 28km

It can also play a big game

spyros
15th February 2024, 07:12
What a time by Oliver, impresive.

spyros
15th February 2024, 07:13
What a time by Oliver, impressive.

CeskyOndra
15th February 2024, 07:14
Tyre management will be crucial all the weekend. Thierry will be definitelly struggling, lets see how much he can minimalize the lost.

meh
15th February 2024, 07:26
What a time by Oliver, impressive.

We can assume from the 2nd pass, that road for Rally1 cars is around 8 seconds faster. So keep the handicap in mind. Time is good but not some out-of-space better than other Rally2 drivers.

EstWRC
15th February 2024, 07:28
Looking at the second pass times then it seems it will be Kalle and then Tänak fighting with the other Toyotas.

But again. Just a shakedown

CeskyOndra
15th February 2024, 07:35
Looking at the second pass times then it seems it will be Kalle and then Tänak fighting with the other Toyotas.

But again. Just a shakedown

It is the second run of shakedown, conditions same for everyone.. In rally it will be different, I think that Katsuta will be ahead Evans and Tanak maybe on Friday

CeskyOndra
15th February 2024, 07:43
Neuville now clearly 2nd fastest. Shame he is first on the road

drive
15th February 2024, 08:15
Lappi third run 10 min??

TypeR
15th February 2024, 08:16
,,Show/vip'' run probably

EstWRC
15th February 2024, 08:18
it showed 2.47.9 for Lappi intitially and then was changed to 10 minutes

TypeR
15th February 2024, 10:02
Bulacia crashed on SD, will see if they manage to repair it..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GGX9vhOXIAAT8zs?format=jpg&name=medium

spyros
15th February 2024, 10:10
Lappi fastest at 4th run.

RKTS40
15th February 2024, 10:10
Rovanpera 10:00.00? Can see those "show/vip" run times aswell somewhere?

Tauri_J
15th February 2024, 10:30
Maybe an unpopular opinion but I dont like these roads. Varmland was much better. Flowing and and nice ice base.

Umea consists just roads which are public and then those that are smaller and narrower. First ones have ice base but they are literally straights. Those small roads have no base and gigantic snowbanks arent helping imo. Making the road even narrower where cars cant really go sideways.

PLuto
15th February 2024, 10:51
Rovanpera 10:00.00? Can see those "show/vip" run times aswell somewhere?

Yes, if the crew is doing VIP run, they are giving them 10 minutes time.

PLuto
15th February 2024, 11:23
BTW, Rovanperä did his fastest time in his VIP run

RKTS40
15th February 2024, 11:25
BTW, Rovanperä did his fastest time in his VIP run

Can this time be recognized somewhere? :D

EstWRC
15th February 2024, 11:36
https://youtu.be/gNuu9cpXpRw?si=LT8OHoFg42LKt2AP

PLuto
15th February 2024, 11:39
Can this time be recognized somewhere? :D

https://rally-base.com/2024/rally-sweden-2024/?ssId=8019&ssGroupId=3 in the text below

Eli
15th February 2024, 11:51
https://youtu.be/gNuu9cpXpRw?si=LT8OHoFg42LKt2AP

The Hyundai looks like their rally2 car, but somehow worse, still don't understand why they didn't think of the 'N' branding sooner before they had to go out & ruin a beautiful (imho) livery.

Rallyest
15th February 2024, 11:53
The Hyundai looks like their rally2 car, but somehow worse, still don't understand why they didn't think of the 'N' branding sooner before they had to go out & ruin a beautiful (imho) livery.

You took the words out of my mouth, i was just thinking by myself that the car now looks like rally2, especially from the back

Zoli
15th February 2024, 12:28
They wanted a bigger 'N'... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0wIFFY1pek

EstWRC
15th February 2024, 13:05
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wIfNu5IRNE

ouvreur
15th February 2024, 13:21
They wanted a bigger 'N'... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0wIFFY1pek

I like how their PR department has suddenly developed a personality! More please.

Rallyper
15th February 2024, 13:47
Less than three hours to decide your top eight drivers in Pickems... Closing at 1900 CET.

EstWRC
15th February 2024, 14:06
https://youtu.be/OOJJhVgpLPg?si=MoLkFEIhpGeLxx6b

Eli
15th February 2024, 14:35
A nice tribute to Craig Breen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDVZ1tu0Db0

Fast Eddie WRC
15th February 2024, 14:43
The Champ is back !
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GGYqmKMb0AEEcWN?format=jpg&name=large

TypeR
15th February 2024, 14:59
A nice tribute to Craig Breen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDVZ1tu0Db0

Really nice video put together!

Oh.. if only he had gotten that maiden win last year..

EstWRC
15th February 2024, 15:01
Watching the videos and seeing the pics the Hyundai looks just plain awful now.

Like someone ate or drank something orange and vomit on it

I don’t get this one off livery decision at all

TypeR
15th February 2024, 15:12
Opening ceremony here:
https://www.youtube.com/live/A6DUwla7XBk?si=L9yeMgAK1M849Jwq

Dirtfish FB:

❌ Out before Rally Sweden has even begun

FIA Junior WRC runner Bruno Bulacia rolled his Ford Fiesta Rally3 after clipping a snowbank. The damage is sufficient that he won't be starting the rally ����

EstWRC
15th February 2024, 15:22
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240215/ac3eaec09c55c3c377acba7845aa4196.jpg

TypeR
15th February 2024, 15:28
I doubt, but it would be really nice, if they put it out for sale to all the fansalso and the money went to this fund they created last year for young Irish rallydrivers..

I'm sure there would be a loot of fans biying these beanies..

Eli
15th February 2024, 15:31
Posted it in the wrong thread, a nice tribute to Craig Breen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDVZ1tu0Db0

CeskyOndra
15th February 2024, 16:42
slippy slippy and slippy

TypeR
15th February 2024, 16:54
,,up to Timo's assh*le'' style comment from Tanak :D
,,on the first braking nut got on the other side of the seatbelt and it felt strange/bad..'' :D

EstWRC
15th February 2024, 16:55
Poor second half of the stage from Tänak

meh
15th February 2024, 17:09
Fourmaux and Taka are a bit better than expected, and Lappi a bit worse than expected..

TypeR
15th February 2024, 17:21
seems like Yaris rally2 cars landing a lot on nose..?

Morte66
15th February 2024, 17:31
Damn, I need another stage or two this evening.

Eli
15th February 2024, 17:55
Damn, I need another stage or two this evening.

Like I said a few times now, more night stages (proper ones) in Sweden please.

doubled1978
15th February 2024, 18:15
Like I said a few times now, more night stages (proper ones) in Sweden please.

Even my wife who doesn’t really pay any attention to rally, watched the footage from tonight and said it was really cool with the night stage in the snow.

BleAivano
16th February 2024, 03:46
More snow on it's way: https://www.smhi.se/vader/radar-och-satellit/radar-blixt/q/sverige/plats/Ume%C3%A5/602150

Rallyper
16th February 2024, 06:29
Now Rally Sweden starts for real.

CeskyOndra
16th February 2024, 06:30
it is again hereeeeee

wwbroe
16th February 2024, 06:44
Difficult conditions, no snow but seems like some fine rain

Rallyper
16th February 2024, 06:47
Just below zero though.

Tauri_J
16th February 2024, 06:48
Bets on who Will visit snowbanks first?

I’d say Taka

Tauri_J
16th February 2024, 06:48
Difficult conditions, no snow but seems like some fine rain

Snow will arrive later

wwbroe
16th February 2024, 06:52
Good start for Taka

wwbroe
16th February 2024, 06:53
Best first split for Kalle

Edit: but only 0,2 faster than Ott, so very good job by Ott

wwbroe
16th February 2024, 06:56
Kalle running away now, ,2,1 faster at second split

EstWRC
16th February 2024, 06:58
Great beginning of stage from Tänak again but then doesn’t process so much further in the stage

wwbroe
16th February 2024, 07:00
Joint second time for EP

CeskyOndra
16th February 2024, 07:03
bertelli is going quite well

becher
16th February 2024, 07:04
Bertelli in works colours? Wierd.

Tauri_J
16th February 2024, 07:06
Bertelli in works colours? Wierd.

Why? Its already black like he wants

AndersX
16th February 2024, 07:08
I think that non-championship contenders can come in, benefit road position and take the spotlight off the real contenders is a long term BS - if WRC allows this, they must implement qualification stage, as in ERC. Now, after brilliant ride in Monte, Terry is punished and everybody is admiring relaxed Kalle and Lappi. This must be changed! What would be result if both relaxing guys would start 1-2?

wwbroe
16th February 2024, 07:08
The battle in WRC2 will be nice, Solberg and Pajari both very fast on splits

flat_right
16th February 2024, 07:18
I think that non-championship contenders can come in, benefit road position and take the spotlight off the real contenders is a long term BS - if WRC allows this, they must implement qualification stage, as in ERC. Now, after brilliant ride in Monte, Terry is punished and everybody is admiring relaxed Kalle and Lappi. This must be changed! What would be result if both relaxing guys would start 1-2?

Now imagine this. Kalle is driving full season. Wins in Monte, comes to Sweden, wins qualification stage, starts on the best road position. Easily beats everybody (like this year). We will go on gravel... again he will win qualification stage, wins the rally. This would create the most boring championship ever. If you are not as good as Kalle or your car is not Toyota, basically you have no chance to win. For me, it creates some excitement to see if half season drives can keep up the tempo on the next days also. And theoretically, you only have to survive the first loop of the first day. Later, it is harder for everybody (if there are ruts etc).

spyros
16th February 2024, 07:19
It will be very difficult for Ott to catch Kalle.

AndersX
16th February 2024, 07:20
Now imagine this. Kalle is driving full season. Wins in Monte, comes to Sweden, wins qualification stage, starts on the best road position. Easily beats everybody (like this year). We will go on gravel... again he will win qualification stage, wins the rally. This would create the most boring championship ever. If you are not as good as Kalle or your car is not Toyota, basically you have no chance to win. For me, it creates some excitement to see if half season drives can keep up the tempo on the next days also. And theoretically, you only have to survive the first loop of the first day. Later, it is harder for everybody (if there are ruts etc).

There are pros and cons; ERC runs Q for enough long time to make/read some satistical pattern.

Tauri_J
16th February 2024, 07:25

Not good for championship. So, No thank you.

Doon
16th February 2024, 07:26
I know it's the way of the world, but it's such a shame seeing two WRC1 cars being completely wasted when there are so few in the championship, and when Solberg could be fighting at the sharp end in one in Sweden.

I also noticed on WRC TV, Mike Chen said "if Rovenpara was struggling in that stage, then we have a problem on our hands", Kiri said, "well, we'll have an exciting weekend on our hands". I can see Rovenpara winning every stage at this rate, not exciting, very boring weekend. The fact that Rovenpara will come in and win events with ease totally devalues this year's championship.

spyros
16th February 2024, 07:28
How is the conditions at Norrby?

Tauri_J
16th February 2024, 07:30
I know it's the way of the world, but it's such a shame seeing two WRC1 cars being completely wasted when there are so few in the championship, and when Solberg could be fighting at the sharp end in one in Sweden.

I also noticed on WRC TV, Mike Chen said "if Rovenpara was struggling in that stage, then we have a problem on our hands", Kiri said, "well, we'll have an exciting weekend on our hands". I can see Rovenpara winning every stage at this rate, not exciting, very boring weekend. The fact that Rovenpara will come in and win events with ease totally devalues this year's championship.
Like he wasnt winning events with ease last year.

Morte66
16th February 2024, 07:31

I think you're both right, simultaneously, and it's a huge fundamental problem with rallying as a sport.

This is why I usually buy WRC/rallytv for a month before Monte/Sweden, and maybe two more times for tarmac rallies I like throughout the year. But I mostly skip the all-gravel part in the summer, because frankly the running order matters more than the cars and drivers.

CeskyOndra
16th February 2024, 07:31
elfyn quite lucky

Negaiss
16th February 2024, 07:33
wow, nice 360 for Evans. Did it non stop, lost probably 2 seconds only. Hope there will be video from outside.

wwbroe
16th February 2024, 07:37
Great splits for Ott

Rallyper
16th February 2024, 07:38
How is the conditions at Norrby?

Rain is getting heavvier. Says Pantealex.

Rallyper
16th February 2024, 07:39
Great time for Tanak.

Morte66
16th February 2024, 07:39
Man, Tanak is driving well.

wwbroe
16th February 2024, 07:42
Fourmaux not doing bad either

EstWRC
16th February 2024, 07:43
Good middle split from Fourmaux only 1.6 lost to Tänak

And Taka faster than Tänak in first split

It will be very difficult for Tänak to fight with Kalle with these conditions

jonkka
16th February 2024, 07:44
Katsuta coming at a pace which I fear will lead into bank sooner or later.

wwbroe
16th February 2024, 07:50
Same split for Kalle and Taka

wwbroe
But in the end Kalle besttime after all

Tauri_J
Interesting, I expected Kalle to be faster.

2nd loop will be a lot more telling. Think Taka will fall back.

TypeR
16th February 2024, 07:52
Kalle: ,,driving was embarrassing, I was shit''

EstWRC
Interesting, I expected Kalle to be faster.

2nd loop will be a lot more telling. Think Taka will fall back.

I also expected him to be faster

Tänaks tempo from last split to finish is fastest but his split between 1st and 2st split wasn’t good where Taka and Kalle took 1.7 second from him and Fourmaux was just 1.6 slower than Tänak there

becher
Three stages in, worst rally ever. New record?

Rallyper
16th February 2024, 07:53
Yeah. Next stage Kalle will be 15 secs faster than everyone else...

Rallyper
16th February 2024, 07:54

Meaning what?

spyros
16th February 2024, 07:55
Lappi did it.

EstWRC
16th February 2024, 07:57
Funny how Lappi always say it was clean stage and so on while from cameras I can see he is all over the place and having small moments often :D

Morte66
16th February 2024, 07:57

Better (or less bad) than the mud and rain rally Swedens they were getting in the last years down south, I think.

Is it so different from the average rally Sardinia for cleaning?

flat_right
16th February 2024, 07:58
Funny how Lappi always say it was clean stage and so on while from cameras I can see he is all over the place and having small moments often :D

I always feel the same thing with Lappi. So-so anxious to watch him.

Morte66
16th February 2024, 08:06
Pajari not so close to Solberg/Grysazin on that one, but he said was nursing it. C'mon Sami.

wwbroe
16th February 2024, 08:08
Mille Johansson fastest in Juniors on stage 2

EstWRC
16th February 2024, 08:09
Lindholm has been disappointing since he won the title

Tauri_J
16th February 2024, 08:10
Wow Linnamäe, please keep it on the road

wwbroe
16th February 2024, 08:10
Linnemae second fastest in this stage in Rally 2

EstWRC
16th February 2024, 08:13
Great time from Linnamäe!

He has found something with the Toyota. Showed also good speed on Arctic rally

wwbroe
16th February 2024, 08:17
Good splits for Korhonen as well

Rallyper
16th February 2024, 08:18
One advance with Toyota Rally2 must be the smaller size of the car, compared to the others, isn´t it?

wwbroe
16th February 2024, 08:19
Third time in Rally2 for Korhonen, Toy's are doing well in Sweden

TypeR
16th February 2024, 08:23
One advance with Toyota Rally2 must be the smaller size of the car, compared to the others, isn´t it?

Yaris is 4mm shorter than Skoda.

wwbroe
16th February 2024, 08:35
This stage is extremely fast

JAM
16th February 2024, 08:36
Today i read repeatedly "good split for Tanak", "good time for Tanak", "great split for Tanak" and in the end Tanak is behind Takamoto Katsuta...

Can't understand...

CeskyOndra
16th February 2024, 08:38
evans seems to be really on the limit

wwbroe
16th February 2024, 08:43
130 km/h average speed

trykmann
16th February 2024, 08:44
Today i read repeatedly "good split for Tanak", "good time for Tanak", "great split for Tanak" and in the end Tanak is behind Takamoto Katsuta...

Can't understand...

Compare it with Evans. He is just driving after him.

CeskyOndra
16th February 2024, 08:44
ott off

CeskyOndra
16th February 2024, 08:45
spin

Tauri_J
Lol this is it

wwbroe
oh Tanak

Tauri_J
Oh Ott Ott, disaster

spyros
oh Tanak No

EstWRC
16th February 2024, 08:46
Disaster of beginning of season again

CeskyOndra
thats the end..radiator damage

spyros
did he recover?

CeskyOndra
16th February 2024, 08:47
he is going ev mode

TypeR

Can't understand...

No more good split posts :D

Morte66
God damn, he was doing so well. Even if he's "the enemy" (I'm an Evans fan) that sucks.

Well, this is the first time I've been glad they have an EV mode. Hope he gets to a service which can fix it.

Edit: me and my big mouth.

CeskyOndra
16th February 2024, 08:49
fourmaux behind ott now?

CeskyOndra
16th February 2024, 08:49
ohh fuck, my heart stopped

CeskyOndra
16th February 2024, 08:50
he was just super fast, quite a big mistake from ott unfortunately

wwbroe
16th February 2024, 08:50
Munster stopped as well?

AndersX
16th February 2024, 08:51
Unfortunately, this must be the result of jumping arround the new cars every year, how can you build continuous feeling? Then there will be complaining by the end of year with speculations of retiring....

logic
Disaster of beginning of season again

??

Rallyper
Two 360´s. One failed...

CeskyOndra
16th February 2024, 08:52
??

isnt it disaster?

seb_sh
16th February 2024, 08:52
Longest stage making the difference it seems. It's still early days but it's looking good for Kalle already.

Rallyper
16th February 2024, 08:53
Think Fourmaux lost some time before overtaking Tanak

Tauri_J
Driving on EV mode at live stage should be banned

jonkka
isnt it disaster?

Depends if they can continue tomorrow, Saturday points aren't everything these days.

CeskyOndra
16th February 2024, 08:54
Depends if they can continue tomorrow, Saturday points aren't everything these days.

still 15 points binned

EstWRC
16th February 2024, 08:55
I totally understand Fourmaux. Tänak was stupid driving there

CeskyOndra
16th February 2024, 08:56
kalle stopped???

Rallyest
Rovanperä stopped on map

Rallyper
kalle stopped as well...!

seb_sh
16th February 2024, 08:57
I spoke too soon! It's all going on now.

Tauri_J
still 15 points binned

Probably crumbs on sunday. Has to start first

CeskyOndra
this is the lappi's moment.

Tauri_J
Damn this stage, half the drivers stopping

becher
16th February 2024, 08:58
Meaning what?

The reaction of the forum to the rally. Immediate complaining about Kalle cruising to a win and that it will be a boring rally.

Rallyper
16th February 2024, 08:59
Why no camera in Kalles car?

CeskyOndra
16th February 2024, 08:59
how did he get in there bro

Rallyper
16th February 2024, 09:00
The reaction of the forum to the rally. Immediate complaining about Kalle cruising to a win and that it will be a boring rally.

Ok. ;)

More exciting than ever...

EstWRC
16th February 2024, 09:00
Tänak still fastest till 3rd split so far

He must have gone very fast

er88
16th February 2024, 09:01
Kalle has either had a massive shunt or has parked up

wwbroe
Taka will take the lead after this stage

Tauri_J

It Will be boring with half the competing field out in the first Loop lol

er88
16th February 2024, 09:02
On a betting site here in the uk, katsuta was 100/1 for the win

CeskyOndra
16th February 2024, 09:02
On a betting site here in the uk, katsuta was 100/1 for the win

I dont think he can bring this to the finish still :D

CeskyOndra
16th February 2024, 09:04
betting on evans now

JAM
16th February 2024, 09:04
Compare it with Evans. He is just driving after him.

Evans was faster on the spin.

I didn't saw a sign of something really good from Tanak this morning that deserves so many comments of "good" or "great".

By the way, Takamoto is leading.

Morte66
16th February 2024, 09:06
Lappi is good value in the end-of-stage interviews, as ever.

Rallyper
This opens for Neuville as well...

Humber
I watched the Rally Sweden preview video? and had the backgrounder on Katsuta. In the interview was going on about Finland being his home, driving on snow and ice every year since the TMR days etc.

cosmin_sb
only four users had picked another driver to win this rally outside Tanak and Rovanpera. No one picked Katsuta

CeskyOndra

he will be a lot behind the 4 drivers

RS
16th February 2024, 09:07
Driving on EV mode at live stage should be banned

Should be used only to move car into a safe position.

Rallyper
16th February 2024, 09:08
he will be a lot behind the 4 drivers

Maybe not Sunday afternoon. Podium at least.

EstWRC
16th February 2024, 09:09
This is all good water for Neuville again.

Much better starting position for tomorrow and compared to Tänak he can gain a lot of points again cause it will be very difficult for Tänak get anything also on Sunday starting first

CeskyOndra
16th February 2024, 09:11
This is all good water for Neuville again.

Much better starting position for tomorrow and compared to Tänak he can gain a lot of points again cause it will be very difficult for Tänak get anything also on Sunday starting first

Who would have expected Kalle and Ott's retirement.. Cant believe it

wwbroe
16th February 2024, 09:12
Not much news about reason of Kalle's retirement, did he went off or had some isuue and parked up?

flat_right
16th February 2024, 09:13
Not much news about reason of Kalle's retirement, did he went off or had some isuue and parked up?

Lost motivation after Tänak's off. /s

er88

Championship wise it's great for him with Tanak in trouble, but rallywise he will be cleaning the 2nd loop will be even worse than the 1st pass due to messy lines and ruts.

EstWRC

Yeah that’s weird. No replays or anything about it

wwbroe
16th February 2024, 09:14
Big time for Oliver

CeskyOndra
16th February 2024, 09:15
Lost motivation after Tänak's off. /s

best comment of the day

Tauri_J
Only positive I can take out of this is that Ott doesnt have to sweep the road in a long long time.

Negaiss
Yeah that’s weird. No replays or anything about it
hmm, yes, weird. Hope, there are no spectators envolved. Of course they will not show replay, if spectator is hit or something.

CeskyOndra
16th February 2024, 09:17
hmm, yes, weird. Hope, there are no spectators envolved. Of course they will not show replay, if spectator is hit or something.

onboard was broken since the last stage so thats maybe the reason

jonkka
16th February 2024, 09:17

Not very intelligent speculation. Had that happened, stage would have been stopped right away.

CeskyOndra
16th February 2024, 09:18
I have to laugh now at myself when I remember the moment I said that pickems for this rally will be easy :D

flat_right
16th February 2024, 09:18
Didn't they show a slow-mo from Lappi's car where they showed Kalle's car and it was just parked on the roadside? I think I saw it.