PDA

View Full Version : 2023 - Race 23 Abu Dhabi

Matthew
23rd November 2023, 17:29
The final race of the season is happening this weekend in Abu Dhabi. Let's share all the stuff related to the season finale in this thread.

Bagwan
24th November 2023, 14:04
Good job , Matthew .
Somebody had to do it .

Another crash for Carlos .
Will Ferrari be able to afford the fuel and still stay under the budget allowance ?

The Merc looked like a handful .

And , Nico gave Gunther a new episode for the upcoming comedy series .

gm99
26th November 2023, 13:20
Perez' penalty and Ferrari's useless strategy gift Mercedes P2 in the constructor's championship.
Still the first season since 2011 without a win for the Mercedes works team, the first since 2006 without a win for the Mercedes engine and the first since 2005 without a win for a British driver.

N. Jones
26th November 2023, 16:04
Good race. I like the changes to the track even though I do not like the overall setting.
Good fights, same old at the front.

Matthew
26th November 2023, 18:35
It wasn't the best of races to watch. The biggest surprise of the race was 8th place finish by Yuki Tsunoda.

F1nKS
26th November 2023, 20:36
It's a forgettable race, but the best thing about this race is now we can officially look forward to the 2024 season. Hopefully, some teams will make jumps, and we can have at 2-3 teams fighting for the championship next year.

Now Verstappen could shake things up by looking at the result this year and decide this is the pinnacle and decide to retire...

Formula Auto Automotive
27th November 2023, 07:13
for sure it's a forgettable race!

N. Jones
27th November 2023, 15:41
Is anybody losing their race seat? This might be the first time that I can remember everyone returning.

Used to be Starter
28th November 2023, 15:59
Is anybody losing their race seat? This might be the first time that I can remember everyone returning.

Probably a better than 50/50 chance that Sargent will be gone. He really needed one more year in a lower formula. Maybe one other gone.

Used to be Starter
1st December 2023, 20:09
Probably a better than 50/50 chance that Sargent will be gone. He really needed one more year in a lower formula. Maybe one other gone.
Well, shows how much I know. Sargeant is renewed for next year. Kind of surprising.

airshifter
7th December 2023, 12:25
Well, shows how much I know. Sargeant is renewed for next year. Kind of surprising.

I think it's safe to say many of us are a bit surprised that he's keeping the seat. Stranger things have happened, but still not expected.

Overall not a bad race for Abu Dhabi, but it rarely gives us a really great show. Great to see Yuki pull some decent points with an unexpected strategy call, and though apparently he never realized it, leading the race for a couple laps. Ferrari once again manage to destroy what should have been a second place in the WCC, and it's that kind of mistake that makes Mercedes more deserving of the spot really.