PDA

View Full Version : need some good horror films

GRAVETT
23rd May 2007, 01:37
Well its half one in the morning and I have just finished watchin 'Bunker' on BBC 1, a supposed horror, it left me laughing in the places I should have been hiding behind a cushion. Horror is by far my favourite genre of film but havent seen a good one since the Japannese twisted horror fest that is AUDITION !!!!! what a film!
Anyone have a horror to beat that?

Sleeper
23rd May 2007, 02:18
Audition has some of the most twisted scenes in film, but what a film.

The Ring trilogy are the best horror films I have ever seen, really spooky atmospher best watched with the lights off.

GRAVETT
23rd May 2007, 02:23
yeah the ring is a top film , not blown away by the 2nd and third, infact never seen the original japanese third one, is it any good, all the american ones are pretty lame compared

jim mcglinchey
23rd May 2007, 08:50
[quote="GRAVETT"]Well its half one in the morning and I have just finished watchin 'Bunker' on BBC 1, a supposed horror, it left me laughing in

You know, thats my favourite sub-genre in movies - Nazis-in-supernatural-peril, as best excuted in Michael Manns masterly " The Keep " but The Bunker was a big let down.

A.F.F.
23rd May 2007, 09:33
I've always liked John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness. Highly recomenned :up:

Captain VXR
23rd May 2007, 17:32
The Omen?
Texas Chainsaw massacre
Final Destination 1, 2 and 3?

Sleeper
23rd May 2007, 17:33
yeah the ring is a top film , not blown away by the 2nd and third, infact never seen the original japanese third one, is it any good, all the american ones are pretty lame compared
I have to agree about the second film, it didnt blow me away like the first did. Ring 0 isnt really scary at all, but it does have a very good story to it.

Speaking of the far east, try The Eye and A Tale Of Two Sisters.

Ian McC
23rd May 2007, 18:11
I've always liked John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness. Highly recomenned :up:

Yeah, rather liked that one myself :)

If you want some classic Carpenter then watch The Thing, brilliant stuff!

For something more up to date try The Grudge :eek:

Sleeper
23rd May 2007, 18:42
Yeah, rather liked that one myself :)

If you want some classic Carpenter then watch The Thing, brilliant stuff!

For something more up to date try The Grudge :eek:
American or Japanese version?

Ian McC
23rd May 2007, 18:59
American or Japanese version?

American

GRAVETT
23rd May 2007, 19:19
i love all the japanese films, there isnt really any i havent seen now, don't like any of the american remakes though.
battle royale 1 and 2 are fantastic films, phone is pretty good aswell

A.F.F.
23rd May 2007, 19:41
Dark Water was surprisingly ok. Not splendid but ok.