PDA

View Full Version : New design for Jeff Burton’s No. 31 race car

NGT826
22nd May 2007, 21:43
Jeff Burton has had a fantastic start to the 2007 season and is ready for more action on the track,
now that his No. 31 race car has been redesigned with AT&T logos and branding.

Check out exclusive images and a flash demo of the seamless transition to the new design at att.com:
http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=9682

ms0362
23rd May 2007, 22:18
I'm glad this has happened. I think Nextel's/Nascar's argument was a joke. You never saw Winston banning Camel or Skoal. I hear their appealing the decision. I hope they lose again.

BobbyC
24th May 2007, 13:01
Camel is another RJR brand. Skoal was a different type of tobacco (smokeless) and not a cigarette. That permitted non-cigarette tobacco on cars (Pinkerton's Kodiak and Levi Garrett), and today, Pinkerton is part of Reynolds American.

NASCAR did banned non-RJR cigarettes (Marlboro, Lucky Strike, Viceroy) from their series. Keep in mind the Winston-era rule was designed to prevent a situation such as what happened with the USAC Marlboro Championship Trail, when a Viceroy-sponsored car was doing well on the MCT. This rule can be called the "Parnelli Rule" because it was the Parnelli MCT team which was running with rival tobacco sponsorship.

Nextel simply kept the Parnelli Rule.

dont_be_jack
24th May 2007, 14:20
I still think that they should change the colors of the car because the ATT logo looks like crap on the orange and black.

Old3Fan
24th May 2007, 18:21
Well for sure AT&T has more $$$$$$$$$ than Nascar to hire the best laywers. Nascar needs to be crushed like a bug and see what it feels like after all the crushing they have been doing for years.

nigelred5
25th May 2007, 13:07
That's what happens with exclusivity contracts and grandfathering of pre-existing deals. Cingular was allowed to remain. They changed the name of their company yet again. The problem is, this time they bought the oldest and most recognized telecommunications company name in this country. If my company is allowed, I can change the name of my company as I see fit. It's ok for Nextel to change their name to Sprint......... but not Cingular? done, get over it Sprint, they beat you twice.

JovialJooles
27th May 2007, 11:15
I still think that they should change the colors of the car because the ATT logo looks like crap on the orange and black.

I couldn't agree more. It looks plain stupid and 3rd rate at the moment. But given how long they had to make the change, I suppose a complete car wrap was out of the question. You would think they would have had a new design waiting in the background in the event of them winning the action, so perhaps a wrap for the race on 27th is not out of the question.

A nice crisp white and blue scheme would be much better.

Speedworx
27th May 2007, 11:38
It does look stupid on orange!

dont_be_jack
27th May 2007, 14:15
I couldn't agree more. It looks plain stupid and 3rd rate at the moment. But given how long they had to make the change, I suppose a complete car wrap was out of the question. You would think they would have had a new design waiting in the background in the event of them winning the action, so perhaps a wrap for the race on 27th is not out of the question.

A nice crisp white and blue scheme would be much better.

I'm thinking all white car, blue and white logo on hood, blue at&t on the side of the car. That would look smooth.

tassiedevilAB
1st June 2007, 10:47
anything other than that bloody orange!