PDA

View Full Version : 2023 - Race 6 ITALY E DELL'EMILIA-ROMAGNA

F1nKS
9th May 2023, 03:02
Couple week break.

After Max dominant win in Miami really shows there is nothing stopping him unless reliability problems happen. Checo is having a fine year, but doesn't look like he will be able take the fight to Max to make it a Rosberg/Hamilton fight.

The only hope it seems for a spicy championship is if Mercedes upgrades they are bringing somehow changes equation. Wolff is tamping down expectations. But it would be good for F1 if Mercedes nails it.

Probably the most interesting thing to watch now is the Aston Martin/Mercedes/Ferrari battle for 2nd. Though Ferrari just does not look good.

Nitrodaze
9th May 2023, 12:11
Couple week break.

After Max dominant win in Miami really shows there is nothing stopping him unless reliability problems happen. Checo is having a fine year, but doesn't look like he will be able take the fight to Max to make it a Rosberg/Hamilton fight.

The only hope it seems for a spicy championship is if Mercedes upgrades they are bringing somehow changes equation. Wolff is tamping down expectations. But it would be good for F1 if Mercedes nails it.

Probably the most interesting thing to watch now is the Aston Martin/Mercedes/Ferrari battle for 2nd. Though Ferrari just does not look good.

That is an improvement on your usual post, keep it up. Well done.

N. Jones
9th May 2023, 15:12
One of my favorite tracks.
The weather is usually cooler than the other places if I am not mistaken. If so, who would benefit from that?

Zico
13th May 2023, 19:28
One of my favorite tracks.
The weather is usually cooler than the other places if I am not mistaken. If so, who would benefit from that?

Possibly Ferrari?

airshifter
13th May 2023, 20:04
Quite a few rumored upgrades to take place, and a track that can sometimes give surprise results. Right now it's going to take major steps for anyone to challenge RB, but the next three challengers have a lot of wiggle room to grow and come out on top.

Right now I think the real fight is going to be for second. And Ferrari are screwing it up enough to possibly end up at the bottom of the mix long term, so it might be up to Merc to continue the battle and take it to AM. They are a lot closer than it seems to many, and though Alonso is tough to crack under pressure, Lance might be much more vulnerable.

F1nKS
14th May 2023, 03:08
Marko has said that Nick DeVries has been given a yellow card. Needs improvement or will be given a red card.

Bagwan
16th May 2023, 14:18
Reports are that all the teams are fitting snorkels on all the drivers helmets , as the Imola track is flooded and set to get another 100 cm of rain on Wednesday .

Firstgear
16th May 2023, 17:19
I really hope you mean 100mm.

Used to be Starter
16th May 2023, 19:06
No it's 100cm. Turn the wings upside down and it's a hydroplane race. The weekend could be more interesting than thought.

Bagwan
16th May 2023, 21:29

As it happens , I do . Nice catch .

But , it's still a whack of rain on a region already soggy .
The banks of a local river are breached , and a number of roads are closed in the area .
They closed and evacuated the paddock because of the rising levels because some other routes out were closed , which makes it desperately hard to get the circus set up .

On a side note , Pirelli have introduced a new full wet tire all ready to go into service .
That's nice timing .

F1nKS
17th May 2023, 02:04
Imola is at risk to be cancelled. Santerno River that runs near the track is at flood stage. F1 teams have been told not to go to the track on Wednesday. Forecast is that instead of heavy rain as the week progresses will just be rain.

https://thesportsrush.com/f1-news-imola-gp-2023-weather-forecast-emilia-romagna-grand-prix-in-further-doubt-as-teams-have-been-asked-to-evacuate/

Nitrodaze
17th May 2023, 05:59
Last time it rained at race weekend at Imola, most of the cars crashed out. This is going to be interesting if they choose to go ahead with this race.

Bagwan
17th May 2023, 12:20
The event is cancelled .

At this point , there are 3 deaths reported due to the flooding , and thousands evacuated .
This was the right call .

I hope everyone else stays safe .

The Black Knight
17th May 2023, 18:11
I'd imagine the cancellation is a result of nit having enough emergency services availabe for the race otherwise I think it should have gone ahead.

Either way I see no reason why it cannot be done in August instead given the little darlings in the paddock already had a nice 4 week break for themselves.

Humber
17th May 2023, 20:04
Not as many Formula One events have been cancelled (outside the war years) as one might guess.

WRC - 1990 Rally Sweden was cancelled due to flooded roads and stages at other events have been cancelled due to wet weather/ fog over the years.

https://racingnews365.com/the-races-that-never-happened-f1s-cancelled-grands-prix

airshifter
18th May 2023, 01:36
Well it was the right thing to do. Many transportation problems impacting the ability to quickly move about on the roads, both for regular and emergency situations.

That will leave some teams with new upgrades not testing them until Monaco, which often uses differing setups and equipment due to the tight nature of the track. That might impact if they can really tell how much the upgrades have helped.

Bagwan
18th May 2023, 12:46
There may be a lot of issues getting equipment that was already at Imola , to Monaco , given the state of both the track , itself , and the roads around it .
Priority will , of course , be given to rescue and emergency vehicles .