PDA

View Full Version : Monaco Predictions

Dazz9908
22nd May 2007, 02:16
I think It will be a MAC attack, with their machanical grip very good and able to follow another car better I predict a McLaren 1+2, Kimi third and Massa somewhere but not on the podium, as theFerrari Longer wheel base being tricker to drive hear.
RBR drivers will feature well before the new gearbox fails.
Renault will be the team in waiting, I reckon Fissi (his last good race for Renault this year) will beat Massa!
With Toyotas running in the last points postions.

Valve Bounce
22nd May 2007, 03:44
Somebody will hit the armco.

leopard
22nd May 2007, 04:27
I think It will be a MAC attack, with their machanical grip very good and able to follow another car better I predict a McLaren 1+2, Kimi third and Massa somewhere but not on the podium, as theFerrari Longer wheel base being tricker to drive hear.

Chassis and wheel construction of the Ferrari might disadvantage them at the sort of track like Monaco. My support will be firm more on Massa if he can manage the fast qualifier and take the lead the whole race, I know it won't be easy.

Dazz9908
22nd May 2007, 05:42
Somebody will hit the armco.
No arguments hear on that issue!! :p

Kevincal
22nd May 2007, 06:20
A Ferrari or Mercedes is going to win, that's all I know! :P

Ari
22nd May 2007, 06:55
McLaren has the mechanical grip it appears. Hamilton to win it. Webber to finish in the points if the RBR keeps injury free (just been posting on a footy forum).

Roamy
22nd May 2007, 07:49
I predict that a lot of mutha****ers are going to have a tough time passing anyone - so qual good or suck dust!!!

davidalbert
22nd May 2007, 08:09
God help us if Trulli short fuels for quali's and Valve, i think you spelled Sato (someone) wrong.

taffy
22nd May 2007, 08:09
Lewis for the win, Massa 2nd, Alonso 3rd.. Coulthard in the points,

Cozzie
22nd May 2007, 08:45
Lewis will win easily from one of the Ferrari's. I think Alonso will struggle :(

Hawkmoon
22nd May 2007, 10:29
Hamilton will NOT win.

There is a saying that if you are quick at Barcelona then you will be quick everywhere. The Ferraris were comfortably faster than McLaren in Spain (well, the one that didn't break was :dozey: )so I don't subscribe to this theory that the longer wheel base of the Ferrari will make them slower than the McLaren at Monaco.

Should be close though. If one of the Ferrari's don't win I think it will be that Spaniard who gets the prize.

Flat.tyres
22nd May 2007, 11:06
Hamilton will NOT win.

There is a saying that if you are quick at Barcelona then you will be quick everywhere. The Ferraris were comfortably faster than McLaren in Spain (well, the one that didn't break was :dozey: )so I don't subscribe to this theory that the longer wheel base of the Ferrari will make them slower than the McLaren at Monaco.

Should be close though. If one of the Ferrari's don't win I think it will be that Spaniard who gets the prize.

the Ferrari is the best car out there without a doubt but im not too sure they will win. its not alonsos best circuit and I seem to remember he doesn't relish racing there as others do.

Gut feeling, i'd put a pound on Lewis or kimi.

Valve Bounce
22nd May 2007, 11:45
Lewis then it is. I'll have to change my pickems tomorrow. :(

pino
22nd May 2007, 14:02
God help us if Trulli short fuels for quali's...

But just because he's driving a crap car, give him a BMW and you won't need any help from God ;)

Valve Bounce
22nd May 2007, 14:10
But just because he's driving a crap car, give him a BMW and you won't need any help from God ;)

I don't know about BMW, but I'm sure Honda could provide a helping hand here :D

pino
22nd May 2007, 14:14
I don't know about BMW, but I'm sure Honda could provide a helping hand here :D

No thanks, Honda is even worst than Toyota :p :

Valve Bounce
22nd May 2007, 14:17
No thanks, Honda is even worst than Toyota :p :

OK, OK!! You got me there. We'll let him try a Super Aguri then. :p :

N. Jones
22nd May 2007, 15:59
Half the field will finish the race while the other half will have retired...

jens
22nd May 2007, 18:27
Ferrari - Räikkönen is a questionmark. This is the circuit, where he has to do well. Massa is also a bit of unknown quantity. They are most probably victory contenders, but I don't know, which one of the drivers will be better.
McLaren - Hamilton can't be underestimated. Alonso has to make his best Monaco performance so far to fight for the win.
BMW - if a safety car comes out and ruins the strategies of a McLaren and a Ferrari, might finish on podium.
Toyota - Trulli might qualify into Top6 again and fight with BMWs, but I'm afraid that the car lets him down in the race again.
Red Bull - possible surprisers, also might challenge BMWs. With others' unluck might again have a podium chance like last year.
Renault - probably last point positions. Expect Fisichella to be better this time. But if Kovalainen manages to beat Fisi, then it only proves his strength.
Williams - maybe a point or even more with retirements like happened at Barcelona.

Others need luck to score a point.

raikk
23rd May 2007, 00:04
Monaco more then any other circuit in the F1 calender come more down to skill then the actual car it's self.. so I predict the top 4 teams will be on a level playing field... But I say Hamilton wins :D

LTalbot
23rd May 2007, 01:03
I predict SpeedTV will not see Kimi sipping a cocktail on a yacht in the harbor during the race, but weather permittting, there will be a passing shot of a topless model.

jens
23rd May 2007, 11:03
I'd add that if it rains, then - oh, I'm not going to predict that! Almost anyone can win then. :p :

But if it rains, then I have some kind of feeling that Honda may score points. The BAR/Honda structure has often performed well in the wet even if the car has been quite crap - in 1999 JV ran 5th at Nürburgring before retirement, in 2001 Panis finished 4th in Brazil and in 2002 BARs finished 4th and 5th at Silverstone. And in 2003 Button could have finished on podium at Indy without an engine failure.

Valve Bounce
23rd May 2007, 11:16
I'd add that if it rains, then - oh, I'm not going to predict that! Almost anyone can win then. :p :

But if it rains, then I have some kind of feeling that Honda may score points. The BAR/Honda structure has often performed well in the wet even if the car has been quite crap - in 1999 JV ran 5th at Nürburgring before retirement, in 2001 Panis finished 4th in Brazil and in 2002 BARs finished 4th and 5th at Silverstone. And in 2003 Button could have finished on podium at Indy without an engine failure.

Are we excpecting the rain to destroy the front half of the grid? :p :

jens
23rd May 2007, 11:22
Are we excpecting the rain to destroy the front half of the grid? :p :

Monaco + rain = and that scenario may well happen. ;) And if the safety car comes out (or even on several occasions) - oh, I don't want even to think about it... :p :

pino
23rd May 2007, 13:20
It won't be raining...believe me :p :

Priorat
23rd May 2007, 17:32
DC on pole thanks to good Newey car and very low fuel. Helped by safety cars and Trulli's train he will win the race and then retire from F1

Sleeper
23rd May 2007, 17:44
I expect Hamilton will get his first win this weekend, he's the only driver on the grid with a 100% record at Monaco (OK, its in the lower formulas, but still...) and on paper, at least, the McLaren looks to have a slightly better package than the Ferrari (short wheelbase cars always go well at Monaco, look at last years race. Ferrari probably had the shorest wheelbase and the fastest car at Monaco last year and this was before theyhit their stride).

jens
23rd May 2007, 20:44
DC on pole thanks to good Newey car and very low fuel. Helped by safety cars and Trulli's train he will win the race and then retire from F1

So Trulli will drive in second position? :p :

jas123f1
23rd May 2007, 21:05
It's going to be hard, I hope Kimi is on the top 3 (he needs all points he can get) and it would be nice to see DC on the podium ones more and this is the best chance he has so hopefully he takes it :) - ok, i know it's difficult but in my mind it’s not impossible …

Integrale
24th May 2007, 14:02
I guess Raikkonen will be very motivated, regarding last years race. But the other three topdrivers will be very hard to beat: Hamilton has always been good on this circuit, Alonso has something to prove after the first races of the season and Massa is on a winning strike. It's really exciting to watch F1 this year!

Monaca usually has some surprises. I don't think all four will finish, if they're battling on the narrow roads, really going for the pass, things can happen. Qualifying will be the most important factor, and I hope we won't see any MS-behaviour like last year.

I expect something from Kovalainen here too, he should be good. My guess is Raikkonen wins it, followed by Hamilton and Coulthard. Can't wait until it's Sunday again.

DimitraF1
24th May 2007, 15:15
raikkonen will start from pole and win the race.alonso's pace today was due to low fuel and super soft tyres..the same happened in practise in spain,he was 1st all the practise sessions

andreag
24th May 2007, 15:32
the same happened in practise in spain,he was 1st all the practise sessions
No, he was not.

Hamilton was first in 2 of the three practice sessions.

Fernando just won one of them.

jens
24th May 2007, 16:05
I saw a dream last night that Coulthard won the Monaco Grand Prix and Trulli finished second. The next picture was that Montoya was in the Toyota garage and signed a contract with them for 2008. :D

jas123f1
24th May 2007, 18:06
If DC take the Monaco win and Trulli is as second then i'm sure Montoya will sign for Toyota. :D

Mr Kurtz
24th May 2007, 19:00
I saw a dream last night that Coulthard won the Monaco Grand Prix and Trulli finished second. The next picture was that Montoya was in the Toyota garage and signed a contract with them for 2008. :D

...and then you woke up screaming and sweating no doubt.

F1boat
24th May 2007, 20:17
Coulthard wins a wet Monaco GP!

andreag
25th May 2007, 01:37
alonso's pace today was due to low fuel and super soft tyres.
Do you think only FA drove today with super soft tyres?

http://www.profacil.net/F1/Lewcrash.jpg

Everyone wear super soft tyres too, to get a faster time; but not all of them achieved it.

Dazz9908
25th May 2007, 02:02
Do you think only FA drove today with super soft tyres?

http://www.profacil.net/F1/Lewcrash.jpg

Everyone wear super soft tyres too, to get a faster time; but not all of them achieved it.
Yes but This is shot of Hamilton's "woops" He did finish Third in this session , so he was still quick! so he did achieve it!

Valve Bounce
25th May 2007, 10:47
Don't worry about Hamilton going off - I suspect he was testing the limit and found it. This guy is fast, and he has won here before. He's probably the best bet to have with one of the betting shops: Betfred is offering 5 to 1 against Lewis winning - good odds.

Here's something to laugh at: http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=31540

seppefan
25th May 2007, 12:41

Your on too much Red or maybe any colour Bull!!

seppefan
25th May 2007, 12:52
RBR drivers will feature well before the new gearbox fails.
Renault will be the team in waiting, I reckon Fissi (his last good race for Renault this year) will beat Massa!
With Toyotas running in the last points postions.

Don't know why anybody else is posting like me as ity seems you have nailed it.