- Jaškovo - Mali Modruš Potok dropped.
- Saturday stage order shuffled
- They made it just above 300 km ;)

Otherwise same as 2022.

https://twitter.com/HartusvuoriWRC/status/1627686990090055685

HKSjbg
20th February 2023, 16:22
They made it just above 300 km ;)

Well that’s one of my crystal ball predictions most likely failed, unless Japan is well under 300km again :D

Managarium
20th February 2023, 18:17
[QUOTE=AnttiL;1320691
- Jaškovo - Mali Modruš Potok dropped.

[/QUOTE]

Too bad. It was a very good stage for spectators.

Last year, I was about 2 meters away from the road and also before stage, from nowhere J-M Latvala appeared. Of course we took photo together.

https://i.postimg.cc/KvnbwK7L/IMG-20220423-162713.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

https://i.postimg.cc/FRMtnm7D/IMG-20220423-150438-1.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

jcevc
22nd March 2023, 16:59
58 crews send entry for 2023 edition.

wwbroe
23rd March 2023, 09:05
Roadbooks and maps are out on website of organiser. Just one new stage wich is situated close to highway in the direction of Platak Stage. The only other thing that changes compared to last year is that stage 2-6 is now about 5 kms longer. Everything else stays the same as last year.

AnttiL
23rd March 2023, 09:28
Hopefully recce videos come to youtube like two last years.

LSebastian
23rd March 2023, 16:29
Can you send me the maps, i have no access to the files area
Would be very helpful

br21
23rd March 2023, 18:41
Would be very helpful

I sent you PM, not sure if it arrived, if not let me know.

J4MIE
23rd March 2023, 20:02
Would be very helpful

Google maps and PDF available on the spectators page
https://rally-croatia.com/en/spectators/special-stages-maps

satnav
23rd March 2023, 20:28
I sent you PM, not sure if it arrived, if not let me know.

You helped me out before, i'd be grateful if you could again

Gabat
24th March 2023, 18:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBafSSGZCa4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHQmvK2MNY8
what is the name of SS? will be in this edition?

AnttiL
24th March 2023, 19:14
Neuville's jump (SS3 in 2021) is not driven this year but other stages have jumps as well.
Rossel's corner is 8.1 km into SS3/7 this year.

Peperoma
25th March 2023, 18:45
Hi, I want to ask, if anybody know what SS are this stages?
If it´s possible where on the map is possible to find them.

Thank´s Pete

Video source : https://youtu.be/qmsqeeJt11w?t=149
https://youtu.be/qmsqeeJt11w?t=383

jcevc
27th March 2023, 15:58
Entry list

https://app-cdn.sportity.com/9fa6277e-7bc3-4c91-9698-707585cadd81/a854e9fb-97a4-4a0d-8d52-119aee000dab_Entry%20List.pdf

AnttiL
28th March 2023, 08:44
Solberg not going for WRC2 points. Suninen (and Zaldivar) not starting, although it was in their initial program. Also no Mikkelsen yet. But a good WRC2 fight between Greensmith, Rossel, Lindholm, Gryazin, Cais and Fourmaux

Fast Eddie WRC
28th March 2023, 08:54
No Ingram either despite doing Croatia last year. He hints his next rally will be Portugal and maybe in the new Fabia RS.

AnttiL
28th March 2023, 13:02
https://www.rally-maps.com/Quattro-River-Rally-Karlovac-2023

A "practice event" with three WRC Croatia Rally stages. Greensmith and Gryazin are starting.

jcevc
28th March 2023, 14:09
https://www.rally-maps.com/Quattro-River-Rally-Karlovac-2023

A "practice event" with three WRC Croatia Rally stages. Greensmith and Gryazin are starting.

Yes, but I`d say smart choice of copied stages from WRC - short ones, which usually don`t have big impact - this `critical´ ones driven this year as friday 1 and 2 in the loop and saturday longest one are not part of this national rally - and this longer stages also have pretty different character and ground.

Managarium
28th March 2023, 14:18
Finally, for the first time, we gonna see i20 Rally2 in Croatia rally.

AnttiL
28th March 2023, 14:20
Yes, but I`d say smart choice of copied stages from WRC - short ones, which usually don`t have big impact - this `critical´ ones driven this year as friday 1 and 2 in the loop and saturday longest one are not part of this national rally - and this longer stages also have pretty different character and ground.

Also ones that were driven already 2021 and 2022, so familiar to most drivers anyway

matek22
29th March 2023, 08:30
Hi, I want to ask, if anybody know what SS are this stages?
If it´s possible where on the map is possible to find them.

Thank´s Pete

Video source : https://youtu.be/qmsqeeJt11w?t=149
https://youtu.be/qmsqeeJt11w?t=383

Hello mate, the location that you are asking for is couple kilometers away from that famous bridge (SS Vinski Vrh-Duga Resa). This are the correct cordinates (45.4741959, 15.4612296)

ouvreur
29th March 2023, 10:23
Also ones that were driven already 2021 and 2022, so familiar to most drivers anyway

That may be so - I still think it's pretty crazy that a national rally is using actual WRC stages, less than a month before that WRC event is due to run. We're talking 20% of Rally Croatia's total stage distance having 2 extra recce passes, and then being used competitively by just a few guys for whom this national rally falls into their schedule / budget. It doesn't seem right to me, and I can't think of another example of where that's happened before.

J4MIE
29th March 2023, 10:33
That may be so - I still think it's pretty crazy that a national rally is using actual WRC stages, less than a month before that WRC event is due to run. We're talking 20% of Rally Croatia's total stage distance having 2 extra recce passes, and then being used competitively by just a few guys for whom this national rally falls into their schedule / budget. It doesn't seem right to me, and I can't think of another example of where that's happened before.

The Equator Rally in Kenya in the last few years has run many identical stages to the Safari 2 months before it ran. This year it moved but don’t know if that is Safari related or more that a National event was added to it.

Fast Eddie WRC
30th March 2023, 08:52
Lindholm test
https://youtu.be/dQo67I4Rqwg

RS
3rd April 2023, 05:32
Toksport crews finished 1-2 on their pre-Croatia test event last weekend, Gryazin quickest on majority of stages but Greensmith wasn't toooo much slower:

https://www.ewrc-results.com/results/81122-quattro-river-rally-karlovac-2023/

AnttiL
3rd April 2023, 06:23
Toksport crews finished 1-2

this is almost pointless to mention when they had no one to drive against. Mauro Miele finished 3rd overall :D

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd April 2023, 08:56
Tanak happy with his test rally...
https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2023/wrc/belgian-outing-invaluable-for-tanak/

Fast Eddie WRC
3rd April 2023, 08:58
Gryazin quickest on majority of stages but Greensmith wasn't toooo much slower.

Yes and it was Greensmith's first tarmac experience in the new Fabia and vs Gryazin who set the tarmac pace back in Monte.

AnttiL
4th April 2023, 08:58
https://itgetsfasternow.com/2023/04/04/route-preview-croatia-rally-2023/

Route preview. Only one new stage but the two new stages from last year were driven in such tricky conditions that they are practically new if the weather is dry.

PLuto
4th April 2023, 10:51

I must say I dont like this. I know they have special permissions, but for me this is against the rules to allow WRC competitors to do same stages like WRC event only three weeks before the rally...

ouvreur
4th April 2023, 12:14
I must say I dont like this. I know they have special permissions, but for me this is against the rules to allow WRC competitors to do same stages like WRC event only three weeks before the rally...

That's the thing that bugs me most. If a competitor informally went cycling to take a look at the roads, they would rightly be penalised. But somehow it's allowed for an organiser to put a rally on them, and anyone who wants to (and can afford it) can drive two passes of recce and three in competition... it doesn't make sense to me.

bluuford
5th April 2023, 07:31
That's the thing that bugs me most. If a competitor informally went cycling to take a look at the roads, they would rightly be penalised. But somehow it's allowed for an organiser to put a rally on them, and anyone who wants to (and can afford it) can drive two passes of recce and three in competition... it doesn't make sense to me.

Covid time Arctic rally was run mostly on same stages and Rovanperä took part in both events, but if I am not mistaken, all those stages were run in opposite direction, which is big difference. Additionally winter rally is never the same couple of weeks later ;) So, I don't remember such a case.

AnttiL
5th April 2023, 07:46
Covid time Arctic rally was run mostly on same stages and Rovanperä took part in both events, but if I am not mistaken, all those stages were run in opposite direction, which is big difference. Additionally winter rally is never the same couple of weeks later ;) So, I don't remember such a case.

Rovanperä took part in Arctic in 2020, WRC event was run in 2021. Hänninen did the event as a test for the team in 2021 but not the WRC event. Oliver Solberg did the normal Arctic in R5 and then WRC with the WRC car. Only the power stage was run in the same direction as in the WRC event. And yeah, conditions were pretty different, even Toyota was a bit lost with their setup.

Mänttä 200 ajo in Finland has used 1000 Lakes route in the mid-to-late 80's but back then recce was more free anyway.

Last year Ouninpohja Rally used like 2-3 km that was run in the WRC event but AFAIK only Teemu Asunmaa was someone who did both events.

ouvreur
5th April 2023, 07:57

If the organisers of Karlovac ran those WRC Croatia stages in the opposite direction I wouldn't see any problem at all. Then it would be a test, in comparable conditions, on similar roads - no different to any other competitor's PET.

What those crews who participated in Karlovac have actually done is practised 3 stages of a WRC event 3 times, in their entry cars, within a month of that WRC event taking place. Practicing stages hasn't been allowed for decades.

J4MIE
5th April 2023, 09:41
What those crews who participated in Karlovac have actually done is practised 3 stages of a WRC event 3 times, in their entry cars, within a month of that WRC event taking place. Practicing stages hasn't been allowed for decades.

No - they’ve participated in another event which is completely allowed and always has been.

It’s no different from the Fafe rallysprint (or whatever it was) that was organised for a few years as a warm up for Portugal. Wasn’t that something like the previous weekend?

AnttiL
5th April 2023, 09:49
No - they’ve participated in another event which is completely allowed and always has been.

It's not "completely allowed", you need FIA's permission to take part in the rally, for example in the case of Karlovac, if you want to also do the WRC event.

It’s no different from the Fafe rallysprint (or whatever it was) that was organised for a few years as a warm up for Portugal. Wasn’t that something like the previous weekend?

In the days when Rally Portugal was far from Fafe, in the South.

But Rally Fafe ERC has been arranged on the same stages as WRC Rally Portugal. Teemu Suninen just commented on this topic and said that it's different in Fafe when the rally is run months earlier, the conditions are so different. And I think it's the same as Equator Rally Kenya and Safari Rally, first is arranged in the mud season (and anyway no WRC regulars have participated)

pedro16
5th April 2023, 09:55

Fafe Rallysprint was organised for a few years when Rally Portugal was held in the south of the country, so there was no overlap.

But if you want to give a portuguese example, the next round of the portuguese national championship (2 weeks before Rally Portugal) runs 2x the final 15Km of the Amarante WRC stage. In the recent years there where always some WRC2 crews coming. In this case I don't see much of an issue since its not the full stage and the full one (WRC) has been ran the same way since 2015.

But Rally Fafe ERC has been arranged on the same stages as WRC Rally Portugal. Teemu Suninen just commented on this topic and said that it's different in Fafe when the rally is run months earlier, the conditions are so different. And I think it's the same as Equator Rally Kenya and Safari Rally, first is arranged in the mud season (and anyway no WRC regulars have participated)

It ended up not being quite the overlap it looked to be. The only repeated stages that where run where Fafe and Santa Quitéria (Felgueiras). and none of them are new to most of the drivers. The WRC version of Cabeceiras de Basto is run in reverse this year, and the Vieira do Minho stage (ended being cancelled) was meant to be a shortened reversed version of the WRC stage which has been slightly altered this year with 5 extra km in the end.

And yes, the winter conditions change a lot the character of some stages. Plus, the ones that took a bigger hit by the winter usually are repaired and graded closer to May.

I see an issue when we are talking about completely new stages. IIRC, Tanak and Sordo were doing Rally Fafe in 2020 and only couldn't run Felgueiras because it was a new stage for the WRC event. If this is applied all is fine to me.

J4MIE
5th April 2023, 12:46
It's not "completely allowed", you need FIA's permission to take part in the rally, for example in the case of Karlovac, if you want to also do the WRC event.

And I think it's the same as Equator Rally Kenya and Safari Rally, first is arranged in the mud season (and anyway no WRC regulars have participated)

Fair enough, but has this ever been refused? Unlikely. Especially if organisers are keen as it will also be good promotion/warm up for the WRC event.

Equator and Safari ran in identical dry conditions last year. The wet seasons are not that reliable any more due to climate change, last year was in May.

bluuford
6th April 2023, 21:49
Rovanperä took part in Arctic in 2020, WRC event was run in 2021. Hänninen did the event as a test for the team in 2021 but not the WRC event. Oliver Solberg did the normal Arctic in R5 and then WRC with the WRC car. Only the power stage was run in the same direction as in the WRC event. And yeah, conditions were pretty different, even Toyota was a bit lost with their setup.

Mänttä 200 ajo in Finland has used 1000 Lakes route in the mid-to-late 80's but back then recce was more free anyway.

Last year Ouninpohja Rally used like 2-3 km that was run in the WRC event but AFAIK only Teemu Asunmaa was someone who did both events.

Thank you for refreshing my memory, I am getting old, one year seems like couple of weeks :P

J4MIE
14th April 2023, 22:11
Have just been asked to co-drive in Croatia but too late to get time off work I think :rolleyes: :(
Having to work for a living majorly sucks……

Peperoma
16th April 2023, 11:55
Hello guys,

I was wondering if you could recommend me a good place in the Friday section.
I would be happy for some jumps or faster sections.
Thank you, Petr

dimviii
16th April 2023, 19:40
Yohan Rossel: "I don't see why we wouldn't be in the game in Croatia"
Second in the WRC2 standings after 3 events, Yohan Rossel is in Croatia at the wheel of a C3 Rally2 equipped with upgrades. Within the PH-Sport team, the 28-year-old driver expects a big battle, especially against the Toksport armada and its 4 crews.

Between the time spent with my little boy, the work to be done in our house, the tests carried out with Citroën or the coaching that I carry out with different drivers, I must say that I have been very busy.

In other disciplines, athletes need to train to perform well on the day of the competition. In your job as a driver, don't you lack rolling as some of your opponents can do?

My main job is indeed to be a driver, but with this coaching activity, I am lucky enough to be often in racing cars, whether on circuits or in rallies. I never needed to ride a lot to get into the game. I do not hide from you that as soon as there is no stake, I have trouble. Running every weekend, I wonder if I might be lacking a bit of motivation. Since Monte-Carlo, I have loved the work done with Citroën. It was interesting to see the C3 progress. When I'm good in the car, I don't need to do 100 km of testing, because we're not going to revolutionize it. I have absolutely nothing to complain about and on the contrary I find that the WRC2 has become enormously professional in this area. I still had three days of testing for the Monte-Carlo, but a lot of people do the same.

READ ALSO> Craig Breen died in an accident in Croatia

It appears that you will have a C3 with several modifications?

We knew that we were going to start the season with a car very similar to that of last year and that changes would then be introduced. So we worked to validate several things and there are some great developments coming. This concerns the software, something on the direction, another on the admission… the whole development team has worked very well. Everyone gave their best and we hope that this will give us a gain in competitiveness. It is always complicated to compare with our previous configuration. We were already good with the chassis and we managed to find a few more things. It is especially with regard to the pure performance of the car that the staff have managed to make improvements and this is encouraging.

This will be your third participation in Croatia. You won there last year in WRC2. Is it a challenge you enjoy?

It is true that I have good experience of this round which is very complicated. The course turns out to be very winding at times during the first day. In the same loop, you face super fast times with big ropes. We have to find a compromise. It's like a little Monte Carlo, because we ride far from the service park, in the mountain where we go from one side to another several times. Last year, the fog made the rally even more difficult. I am still disappointed with the little change in special that has been made. Sometimes, on new sections, you manage to make the difference whereas there, with the videos, everyone will know perfectly. I know it's complicated for the organizers to innovate every year, but it would have been nice if there were 1 or 2 ES unknown to all the competitors.

What will be the objective in Zagreb?

It is not because I won last year that I will reproduce this success. I don't feel any pressure to get a result. We are going to give the maximum by trying to avoid errors and if we find that there is a little missing, we will try to react quickly. We will have to stay focused, because even if we are behind on the first day, you can quickly come back. Last year, rain and fog played an important role and I think the weather will again be a parameter to take into account. I don't see why we wouldn't be in on it... well, I hope so!

https://www.autohebdo.fr/actualites/rallye/wrc/yohan-rossel-je-ne-vois-pas-pourquoi-nous-ne-serions-pas-dans-le-coup-en-croatie.html

flat_right
16th April 2023, 21:42
5 min gaps between rally1 and 3 min gaps between rally2

mousti
16th April 2023, 22:08
Such big gaps for a tarmac rally?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn 2201123G met Tapatalk

J4MIE
17th April 2023, 00:24
Such big gaps for a tarmac rally?

To allow for the live coverage.

stanm3
17th April 2023, 04:49
I have a question. I bought a rally ticket electronically. The only thing I received is a PDF with a barcode. Will that be enough to present when entering the RZ or do I need to exchange it for something else somewhere?

NoFear85
17th April 2023, 07:15
stanm3 maybe you can find some info here: https://rally-croatia.com/en/news/pick-up-your-wrc-croatia-rally-accreditation-at-tokic

EstWRC
17th April 2023, 07:18

Where is this info from?

becher
17th April 2023, 07:21
I have a question. I bought a rally ticket electronically. The only thing I received is a PDF with a barcode. Will that be enough to present when entering the RZ or do I need to exchange it for something else somewhere?

Should be enough, last year one didn't even need a ticket.

stanm3
17th April 2023, 08:14
stanm3 maybe you can find some info here: https://rally-croatia.com/en/news/pick-up-your-wrc-croatia-rally-accreditation-at-tokic

Thanks.

AlanaFord
17th April 2023, 08:14
I also bought ticket electronically. I received ticket voucher with information:
"Accreditations can be picked up at WRC HQ, at the entrance to the Service Park and/or at the approaches of Special Stages.
Purchased ticket is valid for all spectators areas on the special stages and includes entry to service park in Zagreb on the same day."
I'll pick up my accreditation on Thursday in Service park.

mousti
17th April 2023, 09:09
To allow for the live coverage.They don't even do that for dusty gravel stages 4 mins instead of 3 then. Let's just give WRC2 more coverage then.. Ridiculous such gaps if true..

Hartusvuori
17th April 2023, 09:18
They don't even do that for dusty gravel stages 4 mins instead of 3 then. Let's just give WRC2 more coverage then.. Ridiculous such gaps if true..

I don't believe this until there's some official document tells about it. At the moment supplementary regulations refer to WRC regulations start intervals, so normal procedure. IMO such long gaps could even harm live broadcast or at least on some stages they'd have time to show less cars, not all 15 cars with the onboard kit. Also, on the stages, 5 minute gaps could create safety issues because people would have more time to wander around.

mousti
17th April 2023, 09:32
I don't believe this until there's some official document tells about it. At the moment supplementary regulations refer to WRC regulations start intervals, so normal procedure. IMO such long gaps could even harm live broadcast or at least on some stages they'd have time to show less cars, not all 15 cars with the onboard kit. Also, on the stages, 5 minute gaps could create safety issues because people would have more time to wander around.Yes, I already checked sportity, no communication there yet.. And otherwise I would follow your suggestion to honor Breen's starting position this weekend with the 3 minuten interval, that would be nice.

AnttiL
17th April 2023, 12:13
5 min gaps are used on power/TV stages though.

MartinH3000
17th April 2023, 13:29
Hyundai will run with two cars in Croatia. The team have received the blessing of Craig’s family and James. I’m sure they will honour Craig well.
Edit: forgot to include that they will also run a special livery to honour Craig too.
https://motorsport.hyundai.com/hyundai-motorsport-to-compete-in-croatia-rally/?fbclid=PAAabOrrod1ITa53WZ-xkw5_aWE6_kOxpUv3bOfRNU5bh6cYl6k2yJgB1RzTs

rallyfiend
17th April 2023, 13:52
5 min gaps are used on power/TV stages though.

Usually just 4'

Managarium
17th April 2023, 13:57
Should be enough, last year one didn't even need a ticket.

And also you don't need ticket this year.
I've spoken today with one gentelmen from organisation board.
He told me that they have big cost to rent a roads for race. He said that Platak is 10 thousend € and Žumberak ragion (friday and saturday stages) cost 120 thousend €.
So, the organisators have enabled tickets so that fans can contribute if they want and donate money via tickets to help organisators.

Also he told me that no one will control tickets and no one will make a problem of that. Also they can't pay tickets to spectators that stand on private property.

flat_right
17th April 2023, 14:08

Sorry guys! Trusted too much someone who has given me reliable info in the past. It is still 3 and 2.

Tom K
18th April 2023, 08:35
Seems like unusual format of shakedown will be used, as beginning is for P2-P4:

12.4.3. Shakedown
Shakedown will take place on Thursday 20 April at SD Okić as follows:
• P2, P3 & P4 09:00 - 10:45
• P1 & invited P2 drivers 11:01 - 13:00 (first run according to start list)
• All drivers 13:01 - 15:00

wwbroe
18th April 2023, 11:00
Seems like unusual format of shakedown will be used, as beginning is for P2-P4:

12.4.3. Shakedown
Shakedown will take place on Thursday 20 April at SD Okić as follows:
• P2, P3 & P4 09:00 - 10:45
• P1 & invited P2 drivers 11:01 - 13:00 (first run according to start list)
• All drivers 13:01 - 15:00
Yes, i saw this as well, anyone can comfirm that it will be run as said on itinerary?

br21
18th April 2023, 13:52
Yes, that's how it will go (at least for the moment)

Daniel Popov
18th April 2023, 15:13
Hi guys! Anyone wishing to share a good plan for a first time Croatia spectator? I try to make one looking at the maps, but some of the roads appear to be on gravel, so I cannot judge properly what would be a reasonable plan to catch more than one stage per loop.

wyler
18th April 2023, 17:21
hiunday livery leak:
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=779992713526811&set=a.312173153642105

Tom K
18th April 2023, 17:23
It's not finished.

Flag is added: https://twitter.com/RallySolo/status/1648379549938335746

AnttiL
19th April 2023, 11:25
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FuEvlIlXoAEithm?format=jpg&name=medium

Evans dropped for manufacturers points. Nice fair play from Toyota. All teams have now two drivers only.

EstWRC
19th April 2023, 13:11
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230419/0355a49e51e821782992fabdf44a0566.jpg

TypeR
19th April 2023, 13:17
Cool livery, if only the reason was different..

Kras
19th April 2023, 18:01
Tanak told croatian reporter that he expects tricky conditions because of all the rain that fell in the last 2 weeks. He isn't satisfied with championship standings and wants to do more

EstWRC
19th April 2023, 19:59
https://youtu.be/mDbJKj5lB6Q

Fast Eddie WRC
19th April 2023, 21:19
Planetemarcus @planetemarcus

Notice tomorrow P1 will start shakedown after P2 P3 P4, so Rally1 goes to 11.01am CET.

EstWRC
20th April 2023, 06:35
Does anyone know the reason for the shakedown timing?

matija_1988
20th April 2023, 06:48
Does anyone have a shakedown start list?

eib1
20th April 2023, 07:02
Miele shakedown

https://www.ewrc-results.com/quickp/80237_341854462_248218424287592_635333278247359251 1_n.jpg

dimviii
20th April 2023, 07:03
Does anyone have a shakedown start list?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FuI6jjXWAAAo4Iy?format=png&name=900x900

Rallyper
20th April 2023, 08:55
Problems for Evans.

Fast Eddie WRC
20th April 2023, 08:59
A smile, a wave and lovely words from Tanak to the family of Craig Breen.

Rallyest
20th April 2023, 09:03
A smile, a wave and lovely words from Tanak to the family of Craig Breen.

Lappi very very emotional, made my eye tear up a little too

Rallyest
20th April 2023, 09:05
Onto more positive news, surprised about Tänaks time, he rarely posts fastest time on shakedown

bisak
20th April 2023, 09:19
Dick move by Elfyn really, what was THAT important

ouvreur
20th April 2023, 09:44

I think that's a bit harsh. The car clearly had an issue. As much as it's touching to hear all the drivers mention Craig in their stage-end interviews, they've all got a job to do, and if the car had an alarm, it had an alarm.

dimviii
20th April 2023, 10:14
Οgier same time with Ott.

Fast Eddie WRC
20th April 2023, 11:03
No further runs or info about Evans. Must be quite a big problem.

Fast Eddie WRC
20th April 2023, 12:07
DirtFish @DirtFishRally
Elfyn Evans’ Toyota is still being worked on following technical trouble on shakedown

He noticed something on the dash and reported a loss of power

Toyota has just under an hour to send him back out, but can claim grounds of force majeure if it doesn’t manage to.

doubled1978
20th April 2023, 12:42

Totally unnecessary comment.
You could clearly see from Elfyn’s face he knew the situation regarding being asked about Craig, but if the car is failing he has a job to do.
There will be plenty of opportunity for WRC tv to ask him about Craig over the next 4 days.

EstWRC
20th April 2023, 12:59
Shakedown

https://youtu.be/Il94jCE1gEo

https://youtu.be/N9_id4NCN9w

https://youtu.be/lcL24lezpoY

Fast Eddie WRC
20th April 2023, 13:14
Update
Work is still ongoing but the team is confident it has identified the issue and that it will be fixed for Elfyn to start the rally tomorrow.

dimviii
20th April 2023, 14:55
https://www.ewrc-results.com/video/44892-shakedown-croatia-rally-2023/

dimviii
20th April 2023, 15:01
Thierry Neuville (Hyundai)

"We're going through a bit of all the phases: there's sadness, we had laughter talking about Craig and the memories shared with him. We're certainly going to go through difficult times again this weekend. Martijn ( Editor's note: Wydaghe, his co-driver) and me in the car, the entourage and also the whole Hyundai team. We can only stick together and try to overcome the difficult times. We still have an objective, to make a good rally, so we have to stay focused on our work. It will help us to forget some things", explained Neuville to our microphone.

"The risk has always existed and it always will. Personally, I feel like I'm prepared for it, I know it could happen one day. I've always made sure to prepare those around me. I know that It exists. That was Craig's fate unfortunately. We have to keep going. He was the best example of a driver who loved what he did. He realized that every time he got in the car. C is the message sent by his mum when we went to see the family in Ireland a few days ago: show our smiles, show people that we love what we do and that we can achieve our dream if we go there believe," he said.

Before analyzing the Croatian event: "It's a rally that I really like. We've finished on the podium in the last two editions, each time we were in a fight for victory. Our mission is to finish well this rally in Craig's honour. We'll try to have fun and the result will follow. The position on the road can help. There's likely to be quite a bit of showers over the weekend. Tire choice ", it will be crucial. The weather will be difficult to determine, so there will be a game of lottery in the choice of rubber. You will also have to be comfortable because there will be a lot of changes in grip."

“Each participant is a competitor, including Ogier. We will have to do the best possible, especially since we saw the top speed of the Toyota in Monte-Carlo. I think they will still have a small advantage here. My top 3 on this rally? I haven't really thought about that in the last few days. We'll see... but it would be a huge honor for us if we could finish on the first step", concluded our compatriot.

https://www.rtbf.be/article/thierry-neuville-serait-honore-de-gagner-en-croatie-le-risque-en-sport-auto-j-ai-fait-en-sorte-de-preparer-mon-entourage-11185407?fbclid=IwAR00qut9BdROWeaFGQSoSthBhmOeJQD3 7NJhGAwz_Q8ZDR7z7E6Ert8Xniw

dimviii
20th April 2023, 15:06
"It makes complete sense to make this decision. The team has decided to nominate two cars knowing that Hyundai will only have two. It's the minimum to do in such a context", introduced Sébastien Ogier to our microphone.

And the French pilot to continue: "We land here with disturbed minds, like everyone else. It was a shock, everything is hanging by a thread. It's been a long time since it happened at the highest level. We are here because I think we have to move forward. I'm sure Craig would have liked it to happen like this. He was passionate, rallying was his whole life, it ran through his veins "It's going to be a special rally for sure. There will be a winner, but we'll all be a bit of a loser. Craig will be on our minds throughout the weekend. We'll have to concentrate because, otherwise, it's is the best way to make a mistake. It's a situation that no one would like to be in, but it will have to be faced."

"I have always been aware that this sport involves risks. The older I get, the more I try to minimize this risk. But it remains present. When you see the bad luck that struck Craig: an accident at very low speed, the bad impact in the wrong place meant that it ended very badly. It reminds us once again that it can happen. If you do this sport, you also accept the risks somewhere. On the other hand, there is this adrenaline and the love of speed. This is what unites us all, we have this passion. We will hope that we will not relive this kind of situation in the future", added the pilot 39 years old.

"I didn't take part in this rally last year, but I don't think that's a handicap. The stages are generally the same. I'm going to try two from last year. Better conditions than last year. It's not going to help the others to have done this rally at 30 km/h in the fog in 2022. If it rains, going in front could be a big advantage. Given the ropes here, we will have to take punctures into account as well. It's an interesting rally. There is a challenge in terms of reading the grip. It will be weak, it will be quite slippery. I generally prefer when it's more constant, but here you'll have to follow the trajectory that goes through the ropes", concluded Ogier.

https://www.rtbf.be/article/sebastien-ogier-et-le-deces-de-craig-breen-il-y-aura-un-vainqueur-ce-week-end-mais-on-sera-tous-un-peu-perdant-11185634

ik1911
20th April 2023, 15:54
Shake Photos!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cc_rc/52832709320/in/album-72177720307318623/

dimviii
20th April 2023, 16:20
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FuKi6ILWcAAumGW?format=jpg&name=large

meh
20th April 2023, 16:29
In case someone is searching shakedown video (like I did), then here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNYVZ2owWKM

It was understandable hard job for WRC All live crew, hopefully it was a necessary and literal shake-down of emotions for everyone and now with all the respect for Breen, we can enjoy rally.

cali
20th April 2023, 20:14
In case someone is searching shakedown video (like I did), then here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNYVZ2owWKM

It was understandable hard job for WRC All live crew, hopefully it was a necessary and literal shake-down of emotions for everyone and now with all the respect for Breen, we can enjoy rally.Watched it with watery eyes throughout. Jeez never thought watching a rally would be so hard and difficult. Still just can't believe it....

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Katvala
21st April 2023, 04:51
Watched it with watery eyes throughout. Jeez never thought watching a rally would be so hard and difficult. Still just can't believe it....

Sent from my DN2103 using TapatalkOpening ceremony was also a heartbreaker. It was hard to watch. I haven't even talked to Breen, but I've seen him drive and in service parks and of course watched on wrc for years, it feels like I have lost someone close.

The rally will give a strange feeling for sure, but I hope that there will still be some close fights to the end

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

meh
21st April 2023, 04:52
Watched it with watery eyes throughout. Jeez never thought watching a rally would be so hard and difficult. Still just can't believe it....

Same here.

If we you use "classical dialog":
* Woman: <silence, starring to one place without watching anything>
* Man: whats wrong?
* Woman: nothing.

This weekend it can be (like it have been one week already) vice versa.

meh
21st April 2023, 05:41

Rallyest
21st April 2023, 05:42

Guessing toyotas are expecting some dampness in some stage?

meh
21st April 2023, 05:44
If you want to predict weather from tire-choice, then need to watch Tänak's. From this I think blueford does not expect any rain :)

dimviii
21st April 2023, 05:51
Tanak and Loubet only ones with 6 dry tyres

EstWRC
21st April 2023, 05:59
What a split by Ott

meh
21st April 2023, 06:00
What a split by Ott

Translation for others:
* 1.7sec faster than Neuville
* 2sec faster than Ogier
* 3sec faster than Rovanperä
* 3.5sec faster than Evans

... and we have already stall, so it will not be leading time at the end I guess, losing 5.2sec to Ogier, so 7sec lost there.

EstWRC
21st April 2023, 06:03
What a rookie mistake by Ott

All the lead gone now. Losing 5 secs in spl2

Tauri_J
21st April 2023, 06:09
How much did he Lost with that mistake?

bandit12
21st April 2023, 06:09
Translation for others:
* 1.7sec faster than Neuville
* 2sec faster than Ogier
* 3sec faster than Rovanperä
* 3.5sec faster than Evans

... and we have already stall, so it will not be leading time at the end I guess, losing 5.2sec to Ogier, so 7sec lost there.
Thank you

TypeR
21st April 2023, 06:10
ffs, straight out of service and already steering issues driving to SS1..

Tauri_J
21st April 2023, 06:11
Issues already aaaaargh

EstWRC
21st April 2023, 06:11
How much did he Lost with that mistake?

About 7 seconds

meh
21st April 2023, 06:12
Lappi was so down on shakedown, now times are a bit far away from others. If there is no technical issues I would say it's safer do not compete if he is not able to fully concentrate.

edit: Lappi: "too much dirt, I'm not confident".

EstWRC
21st April 2023, 06:13
ffs, straight out of service and already steering issues driving to SS1..

Just unbelievable. Again problems already on first stage

bandit12
21st April 2023, 06:15
Issues already aaaaargh
It's long rally. Stay calm y'all.

rpzcs
21st April 2023, 06:16
Yeah. Rally lasts for 3 days, Ford for only 1 split. Pathetic.

jonkka
21st April 2023, 06:17
It's long rally. Stay calm y'all.

Long rally so Ford has plenty of time to encounter further problems? :D

EstWRC
21st April 2023, 06:20
Very difficult for others to fight Ogier with these road conditions

jcevc
21st April 2023, 06:21

Live from SS2 around 7-8 km after the start, I can hear cars last 3 4 kms from SS1 on this spot.
Completely dry, no humidity at all, temperature around 10°C.

meh
21st April 2023, 06:23
Very difficult for others to fight Ogier with these road conditions

Based on first stage - If we will not have another Ogier vs Pirelli ranting-story, then we'll have Ogier as winner story.

dimviii
21st April 2023, 06:25
Rossel 13,6 sec faster from Solberg

Rallyper
21st April 2023, 06:26
A late good morning.
Ogier unbeatable this weekend, right?

meh
21st April 2023, 06:27
A late good morning.
Ogier unbeatable this weekend, right?

Correct. Draging a lot of mud for others and others have just skating competition.

dimviii
21st April 2023, 06:31
mega time from Rossel,second faster Lindholm +10 sec
Cais stopped

dimviii
21st April 2023, 06:37
CAIS UPDATE
He slipped into a ditch and can't get back up on to the road

meh
21st April 2023, 06:42
CAIS UPDATE
He slipped into a ditch and can't get back up on to the road

https://twitter.com/eWRCresults/status/1649305801356374026

TypeR
21st April 2023, 06:47
Ogier puncture

Rallyper
21st April 2023, 06:48
Puncture for Ogier!! At 12K

meh
21st April 2023, 06:48
Based on first stage - If we will not have another Ogier vs Pirelli ranting-story, then we'll have Ogier as winner story.

I called it. Ogier got puncture.

... I would like to see live from Pirelli box from the service-park at the moment :D

TypeR
21st April 2023, 06:50
very fast wheel change 1min30

EstWRC
21st April 2023, 06:50
Pirelli hide yourself

Tauri_J
21st April 2023, 06:51
There it is, pirelli and Ogier

Cant wait for stage end comments

Rallyper
21st April 2023, 06:54
also Kalle puncture

dimviii
There it is, pirelli and Ogier

Cant wait for stage end comments

i didnt touch anything,dont know how it happened.

meh
... and Rovanperä with puncture as well (exactly on the same spot like Ogier)

dimviii
Now is the chance for Neuville and Tanak

meh
21st April 2023, 06:55
Evans found some speed for split 1, 0.9 from Neuville/Ogier

dimviii
21st April 2023, 06:58
Gryazin at same spot where Cais slipped off the road

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FuOEXfrXoAIbF-_?format=jpg&name=medium

Rallyper
21st April 2023, 06:58
Neuville hit an haybale. Didn´t look hard...

meh
21st April 2023, 06:59
As Neuville avoided one chicane, I wounder is there any penalty to come?

Norm75
21st April 2023, 07:00
Why they keep saying compression caused puncture, it was a bloody great pothole they clattered.

manthey
21st April 2023, 07:01
Gryazin at same spot where Cais slipped off the road

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FuOEXfrXoAIbF-_?format=jpg&name=medium... And did he hold it?

meh
21st April 2023, 07:04
Tänak lost 7sec to Neuville with only 5th split.

EstWRC
21st April 2023, 07:05
Tänak lost 7sec to Neuville with only 5th split.

There is clearly something with the car. Isn’t a normal loss

dimviii
21st April 2023, 07:07
... And did he hold it?

watching his time at ss 1 yes.

meh
21st April 2023, 07:08
Evans found some speed for split 1, 0.9 from Neuville/Ogier

and now 2nd overall, 13.9 behind Neuville.

dimviii
21st April 2023, 07:08
Lappi seems at good pace now

EstWRC
21st April 2023, 07:14
There is clearly something with the car. Isn’t a normal loss

And Ott confirmed it. Hopes to get to the service

Such a shame. 20 secs gap with Thierry already and it will grow

meh
21st April 2023, 07:18
And Ott confirmed it. Hopes to get to the service

Such a shame. 20 secs gap with Thierry already and it will grow

I expect Neuville to take a bit easier now. He have some cap now with Ogier and Rovanperä, Tänak is having problems and only Evans is danger for him. He already got driving mistake and small damage to front-right (can be just cosmetic).

Neuvilles damage: https://twitter.com/llluis555/status/1649312891516993536

Kras
21st April 2023, 07:18
Msport should really stop embarassing themselves. I feel like an idiot expecting them to atleast make it trough a single loop without major problems

meh
21st April 2023, 07:20
Is it just lack of Rally1 entries, but nice coverage of Rally2 fields so far.

dimviii
21st April 2023, 07:21
Cais
https://youtu.be/Qo0NI3MpifE

seb_sh
21st April 2023, 07:21
two punctures already for Rally1 cars, seems it's going to be that kind of rally

ouvreur
21st April 2023, 07:24
Msport should really stop embarassing themselves. I feel like an idiot expecting them to atleast make it trough a single loop without major problems

Literally 2 rallies ago, they stood on the top step of the podium.

This is the fourth round. Ott has nearly double the points he had at this stage in 2022. Look at the progress he / his team were able to make that year. Have a little faith, and don't write him or M-Sport off just yet.

dimviii
21st April 2023, 07:26
Rossel again faster 14,8 from Solberg!
didnt expect these gaps!

Kras
21st April 2023, 07:28
Literally 2 rallies ago, they stood on the top step of the podium.

This is the fourth round. Ott has nearly double the points he had at this stage in 2022. Look at the progress he / his team were able to make that year. Have a little faith, and don't write him or M-Sport off just yet.

Literally 1 rally ago they had their turbo fail on the first stage, like some 19 year old racing his tricked out 2004 honda civic.

I'm not writting off Ott, its just dissapointing that hes losing do much points to stupid mechanical problems

EstWRC
21st April 2023, 07:30
Literally 1 rally ago they had their turbo fail on the first stage, like some 19 year old racing his tricked out 2004 honda civic.

I'm not writting off Ott, its just dissapointing that hes losing do much points to stupid mechanical problems

It seems they have at least step forward with the car on tarmac or this rally just suits more than Monte

Kras
21st April 2023, 07:31
Btw, did anyone else notice how puncture prone Ogier has become. Is he cutting more than other? Whats the deal with that?

Rallyper
21st April 2023, 07:33
Rossel again faster 14,8 from Solberg!
didnt expect these gaps!

Could be that Solberg isn´t nominated for points here. He wants to go whole rally... learning?

ouvreur
21st April 2023, 07:33

Elfyn's turbo shit itself in shakedown yesterday. All of the Toyotas broke down pretty much the same time in Greece last year. These things happen. Sometimes it's just bad luck, sometimes it's human error, either way - it will improve. But I doubt anybody has been as demanding of that car yet as Ott is, it will take a little time.

Kras
21st April 2023, 07:34
It seems they have at least step forward with the car on tarmac or this rally just suits more than Monte

A lot of the stages here seem simmilar to dry monte to me. The car doesn indeed seem faster

dimviii
21st April 2023, 07:37
Fourmaux mechanical,Lindholm problem with gear lever,Grennsmith puncture.

rpzcs
21st April 2023, 07:38
Btw, did anyone else notice how puncture prone Ogier has become. Is he cutting more than other? Whats the deal with that?

Could it be that he was trying to gain an advantage by aggressively cutting corners and pulling up the maximum amount of dirt to the racing line for guys coming after him?

dimviii
21st April 2023, 07:40
Ciamin with polo +2,7 from Rossel at stage

Sergiow
21st April 2023, 07:43
Fascinating stuff on all Live going with Neuville when repairing the car under time pressure when camera crew looking on his hands

meh
21st April 2023, 07:45
Could be that Solberg isn´t nominated for points here. He wants to go whole rally... learning?

Yes, he is not scoring points here.

Rallyest
21st April 2023, 07:54
Kalle seems to be so lost with theese times if there is no problem with car

AnttiL
21st April 2023, 07:57
Could it be that he was trying to gain an advantage by aggressively cutting corners and pulling up the maximum amount of dirt to the racing line for guys coming after him?

But the point was that he didn't have this many punctures in the past.

EstWRC
21st April 2023, 07:58
You can see it’s hard to steer for Tänak

ouvreur
21st April 2023, 07:59
You can see it’s hard to steer for Tänak

Pretty reasonable time, considering that.

Norm75
21st April 2023, 07:59

He did say at stage end that he was trying not to cut so much, and think he said didn’t cut at the point he got the puncture.

Rallyest
21st April 2023, 08:00
Ott seems not too worried luckily and the time was not so bad

dimviii
21st April 2023, 08:21
Gryazin faster at stage,and now 0.1 sec from 2nd position Solberg

EstWRC
21st April 2023, 08:23
Ott seems not too worried luckily and the time was not so bad

On one hand he is unlucky that he has had this problem since stage 1 but then on the other hand he is lucky that the power steering hasn’t gone fully yet

AnttiL
21st April 2023, 08:23
Gryazin faster at stage,and now 0.1 sec from 2nd position Solberg

And Solberg not going for WRC2 points

dimviii
21st April 2023, 08:35
And Solberg not going for WRC2 points

yes i know

RS
21st April 2023, 08:45
Solberg with wet setup it seems, car looked quite soft from the onboard.

meh
21st April 2023, 09:01
Seems dust-covered tarmac, seems that even Ogier got surprise.

EstWRC
21st April 2023, 09:01
Ogier with a moment

denkimi
21st April 2023, 09:17

tyres usually don't deflate without hitting something. So its seems he has gotten more sloppy than he used to be.

ouvreur
21st April 2023, 09:20
tyres usually don't deflate without hitting something. So its seems he has gotten more sloppy than he used to be.

Or he's driving the same, but the rubber part between the wheel rim and the road is weaker? :spin:

meh
21st April 2023, 09:21
Probably the only surprise from the 1st loop / 4 stages is that Rovanperä is a bit lost from speed wise.

denkimi
21st April 2023, 09:31
Or he's driving the same, but the rubber part between the wheel rim and the road is weaker? :spin:
Could be. But still, even ordinary road tyres don't inflate without hitting something. So it's still because he hits things with them faster than they are designed to withstand.

If the tyres are weaker, you must adjust you driving accordingly. it seems he has not adjusted his driving to make them last.

Rallyest
21st April 2023, 09:42
Chance of rain for second loop 2414

dnb
21st April 2023, 09:43
Could be. But still, even ordinary road tyres don't inflate without hitting something. So it's still because he hits things with them faster than they are designed to withstand.

If the tyres are weaker, you must adjust you driving accordingly. it seems he has not adjusted his driving to make them last.

Is the tyres inflating after an impact becoming a thing now?

Sergiow
21st April 2023, 09:47

Or it could be that the tire pressure is too low and hitting a pothole could have easily deflated the tyre

focus206
21st April 2023, 09:59
Didn't expect these "big" gaps from 1st loop. But with the changeable weather, there can be a bit of a lottery because of tyre choice and easier mistakes, so still very open, even for Ogier.

Norm75
21st April 2023, 10:25

From the onboard it seemed both he and Kalle hit the same pothole on the edge of the tarmac at speed. Just unfortunate, maybe should have been noted in recce. Easy enough to do, and easy to bend the wheel on inside rim causing a deflate, even if wheel looks intact from the outer face.

Fast Eddie WRC
21st April 2023, 10:30
Two Toyota drivers with punctures today and yesterday a turbo failure in SD... maybe its destined to be a Hyundai victory #ForCraig.

dimviii
21st April 2023, 10:43
. Easy enough to do, and easy to bend the wheel on inside rim causing a deflate, even if wheel looks intact from the outer face.

very well said.Plenty of times when punctured.there is no big damage at outer place of rim,but there is damage on the inside of rim,due to camber angle of wheel,specially at tarmac with increased camber angles.
And because we cant see the inside part of rim,we tend to say ''oh how it punctured,rim has no even a scratch'' = sitty tyres

Norm75
21st April 2023, 10:47
very well said.Plenty of times when punctured.there is no big damage at outer place of rim,but there is damage on the inside of rim,due to camber angle of wheel,specially at tarmac with increased camber angles.outside of wheel is stronger as it’s braced by the spokes of the wheel. Inside rim only relied on wheel rim strength, no way of bracing it. I’ve had it happen in my road car.

dimviii
21st April 2023, 10:49
outside of wheel is stronger as it’s braced by the spokes of the wheel. Inside rim only relied on wheel rim strength, no way of bracing it. I’ve had it happen in my road car.

yes same as me.

meh
21st April 2023, 11:32
One interesting guy to watch (at least for Estonians) - Romet Jürgenson

Background - his drive is his price from FIA Rally Star program:
https://twitter.com/FIARallyStar/status/1498627758439735299

His rallying record is not too long:
https://www.ewrc-results.com/profile/295038-romet-jurgenson/

Stages so far in RC4 category:
* SS1 - 5. lost 3.22s/km to fastest
* SS2 - 5. lost 1.30s/km to fastest
* SS3 - 4. lost 0.86s/km to fastest
* SS4 - 1 - won the stage

EstWRC
21st April 2023, 11:34
Tänak stall https://youtu.be/CRAfiY3Vaas

dimviii
21st April 2023, 11:45
M-SPORT TO CHANGE TÄNAK’S STEERING SYSTEM
THE STEERING ISSUE WAS FIRST REPORTED AT THE END OF SS1

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/m-sport-to-change-tanaks-steering-system/

Rallyest
21st April 2023, 11:51
Tänak was really unhappy about something during service on All live, probably something to do with tires being in the wide open if heard correctly

Rallyest
21st April 2023, 11:59

Afternoon tyre choice, Looks like Toyota expects no rain

Or maybe the rain tyre holds better with all the dirt/mud dragged to road?

Sergiow
21st April 2023, 12:03
"There were a lot of incidents during the morning. For us, it was a good morning even if we were not very comfortable in the car. We fought. We avoided this famous hole where everyone punctured."

said the Belgian pilot to the RTBF microphone this Friday noon.

meh
21st April 2023, 12:06
Afternoon tyre choice, Looks like Toyota expects no rain

AnttiL got it covered in Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnttiL_WRC/status/1649387748095033351

ouvreur
21st April 2023, 12:27
AnttiL got it covered in Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnttiL_WRC/status/1649387748095033351

:laugh:

If Hannes Tõnisson tells you it's going to rain, the only question is 'how many wets should we take?' ;)

I can only assume Toyota think it will be like Sunday 2022, and that overall a mixed package of slicks will be better. It'll be interesting!

EstWRC
21st April 2023, 12:39
Slight rain on next stage

jcevc
21st April 2023, 12:57
Rain on the middle of SS2 becoming stronger, sky is closing, so completely wet road is possible

TypeR
21st April 2023, 13:03
Seems like no penalty for Neuville for cutting the chicane straight..

jcevc
21st April 2023, 13:05
Road is completely wet now, but no standing water on the surface at the moment.

dnb
21st April 2023, 13:07
Seems like no penalty for Neuville for cutting the chicane straight..

They've always given time penalties for these. Could it still come later?

Zoli
21st April 2023, 13:12
He slid off the road hitting the haybale in the chicane which made him lose time not gain... Not mentioning the bodywork damage he suffered which cost him more time. I don't know how you guys can expect a time penalty after all this...

EstWRC
21st April 2023, 13:15
Road is completely wet now, but no standing water on the surface at the moment.

Is it still raining?

jcevc
21st April 2023, 13:17
Is it still raining?

Yes, light rain, you can see situation on my story, IG or fb jaka cevc

jcevc
21st April 2023, 13:22
For sure not for rain tyres, 4 softs would be ideal

EstWRC
21st April 2023, 13:27
Bone dry so far

Rallyper
21st April 2023, 13:31
Not any more...

EstWRC
21st April 2023, 13:35
Tänak losing 3.5 already in first split

AnttiL
21st April 2023, 13:37
They've always given time penalties for these. Could it still come later?

For sure. I would wait until tomorrow morning.

TypeR
21st April 2023, 13:41
Seems like that Tänak with totally wrong tyre choice..

EstWRC
21st April 2023, 13:43
Seems like that Tänak with totally wrong tyre choice..

What a fail

Lappi will pass him

TypeR
21st April 2023, 13:51
oh bluford.. :D

EstWRC
21st April 2023, 13:54
oh bluford.. :D

I wouldn’t blame him

I’m more surprised that a guy like Tänak with such a experience makes such a stupid decision.

Lead
21st April 2023, 13:56
Next two stages are also wet?

dnb
21st April 2023, 13:58
Next two stages are also wet?

well, this one was only moist :)

ouvreur
21st April 2023, 14:10
My faith in Hannes is not broken. Two stages of the loop to go...

Lead
21st April 2023, 14:13
Rossel really dominates here

EstWRC
21st April 2023, 14:14

Any news if those are wet? Otherwise I don’t see the use of wets

I’m sure Tänak is now watching before the start what others are using

Kras
21st April 2023, 14:19
I gotta admit that wrc+ coverage has come a long way since 2 years ago

Sergiow
21st April 2023, 14:21

Is Hannes the personal storm chaser for Ott, or still working for Toyota?

ouvreur
21st April 2023, 14:24
Is Hannes the personal storm chaser for Ott, or still working for Toyota?

I understand that he moved with him from Toyota to Hyundai, and now from Hyundai to M-Sport.

cali
21st April 2023, 14:24
Is Hannes the personal storm chaser for Ott, or still working for Toyota?He is always with Ott

EstWRC
21st April 2023, 14:32
Tänak must start watch Ogier. Gap just 44 seconds

EstWRC
21st April 2023, 14:51
Am I the only one who thinks there was something wrong with Lappis car? Front was vibrating a lot

Stage win for Tänak and admitted himself the previous stage decision with wets was stupid

cali
21st April 2023, 14:51
Tänak must start watch Ogier. Gap just 44 secondsWith that tempo Ogier will pass him anyway. But good rally so far

meh
21st April 2023, 15:45
Ogier got the day done - Pirelli mentioned, checked.

Fast Eddie WRC
21st April 2023, 15:59
Good to hear driver comments like fun, enjoyment and positive, plus some smiles to end the day. #ForCraig

meh
21st April 2023, 16:06
Stage winners:
* Ogier - SS1, SS3, SS4, SS5
* Neuville - SS2
* Lappi - SS6
* Tänak - SS7
* Evans - SS8

Neuville - leading the rally but with only one stage win.

Everyone in Top4 won one stage.

Rovanperä - before last stage his best was 3rd fastest. But he has found suitable setup and has good road position - in case there is wet conditions / rain then the road position come really important.

Ogier - as we can see from SS7 and SS8, all the cars are quite equal, so it's quite impressive how he deals with complicated conditions like SS1/SS5. But need to admit that his comments on Pirelli does not sound very professional. At the same time, I can understand the frustration.

Evans - in a way surprise. Ironical that he is the one who is not scoring points for the team. Has he won any fight against Neuville?

Tänak - gamble with tires didn't work out. Is it just me or he has a bit different attitude. Still admiting that there are some improvements to make, but not serving it with a bit wining attitude.

focus206
21st April 2023, 16:29
What can we expect from the weather on the stages tomorrow?

Kras
21st April 2023, 16:45
What can we expect from the weather on the stages tomorrow?

https://meteo.hr/prognoze.php?section=prognoze_model&param=ala_k&el=web_3h_ob_uk_

Bone dry forcasted

Norm75
21st April 2023, 17:15
Stage winners:
* Ogier - SS1, SS3, SS4, SS5
* Neuville - SS2
* Lappi - SS6
* Tänak - SS7
* Evans - SS8

Neuville - leading the rally but with only one stage win.

Everyone in Top4 won one stage.

Rovanperä - before last stage his best was 3rd fastest. But he has found suitable setup and has good road position - in case there is wet conditions / rain then the road position come really important.

Ogier - as we can see from SS7 and SS8, all the cars are quite equal, so it's quite impressive how he deals with complicated conditions like SS1/SS5. But need to admit that his comments on Pirelli does not sound very professional. At the same time, I can understand the frustration.

Evans - in a way surprise. Ironical that he is the one who is not scoring points for the team. Has he won any fight against Neuville?

Tänak - gamble with tires didn't work out. Is it just me or he has a bit different attitude. Still admiting that there are some improvements to make, but not serving it with a bit wining attitude.
Re Tanak, think he is keeping it in check this rally as promised Craig’s mother to keep smiling and happy

EstWRC
21st April 2023, 17:28
Re Tanak, think he is keeping it in check this rally as promised Craig’s mother to keep smiling and happy

This and I personally think also the fact that they have made a step forward and are more competitive than in Monte

linni
21st April 2023, 18:13
First he moved from M Sport to Toyota.

linni
21st April 2023, 18:13
First he moved from M Sport to Toyota.

Goes for Hannes aka bluford.

jcevc
21st April 2023, 18:21
For me it is very interesting how challenging is this rally setup wise, as now this is already third edition on more or less same special stages and on beginning of the rally again few drivers missed pretty much.

hari
21st April 2023, 18:30
Some pictures from Thursday / Friday: https://www.ir7.at/content/fotos_bestof_wrc_croatia_rallye_2023.html

https://www.ir7.at/content/fotos/2023/croatia/1.jpghttps://www.ir7.at/content/fotos/2023/croatia/2.jpghttps://www.ir7.at/content/fotos/2023/croatia/3.jpghttps://www.ir7.at/content/fotos/2023/croatia/7.jpghttps://www.ir7.at/content/fotos/2023/croatia/19.jpghttps://www.ir7.at/content/fotos/2023/croatia/27.jpghttps://www.ir7.at/content/fotos/2023/croatia/73.jpg

dimviii
21st April 2023, 18:46
https://youtu.be/X41xtUPESC8

dimviii
21st April 2023, 18:48
http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_04_2023/post-157-0-62735200-1682103822.jpg

AnttiL
21st April 2023, 19:00
For me it is very interesting how challenging is this rally setup wise, as now this is already third edition on more or less same special stages and on beginning of the rally again few drivers missed pretty much.

Every year different weather and different cars in 2021.

cali
21st April 2023, 19:02
For me it is very interesting how challenging is this rally setup wise, as now this is already third edition on more or less same special stages and on beginning of the rally again few drivers missed pretty much.Weather conditions are always a challenge

dimviii
21st April 2023, 19:33
guys what happening at wrc2?
will Rossel beat again skoda armada?
car seems much faster from Monte after new parts.

dimviii
21st April 2023, 19:44
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FuPc04hXgAIzsV9?format=jpg&name=large

focus206
21st April 2023, 19:46
for once Neuville had a good friday. Let's see if he can bring it home though, Evans seems faster and the rally is tricky.
Impressed by Rossel, is he improving or is it because of the C3 update?

EstWRC
21st April 2023, 20:22
Nice vid https://youtu.be/h6bMftSlUDY

AnttiL
21st April 2023, 20:23
One minute penalty for Ogier for driving with co-driver belts open

dimviii
21st April 2023, 20:39
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FuQ-tgxWcAA75Db?format=png&name=900x900

dimviii
21st April 2023, 20:52
more about Ogier penalty
https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/ogier-receives-one-minute-penalty-for-seatbelt-infringement/

Morte66
21st April 2023, 20:52
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FuPc04hXgAIzsV9?format=jpg&name=large

Is there some story behind this?

AnttiL
21st April 2023, 21:34
Is there some story behind this?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FuPalGRXgAAAV3Q?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Lead
22nd April 2023, 05:37
That 1min penalty really killed any chances Ogier had left for good result here.