PDA

View Full Version : [WRC] 91e Rallye Automobile Monte-Carlo (16-22 January 2023)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Eli
22nd July 2022, 12:57
https://acm.mc/en/edition/91e-rallye-automobile-monte%e2%80%91carlo/event/presentation-de-lepreuve/

As in every July, the ACM published today the route for next year's Rallye Monte Carlo, it will feature 17 Stages including 314.52kms & 3(!) runs through the famous Col de-Turini, once on Thursday night & twice on Sunday. The rally won't have midday service but instead a tyre fitting zone for each day.
In addition the stages on Sunday will be run by all crews:
"Two well-known stages in the hinterland, in the north-east of Alpes-Maritimes, to be covered twice by all the remaining crews, and not limited to 50 competitors by the regulations, as in previous years, in order to thank amateur crews for their commitment over the past few years."

Also they have a really nice poster for the 91st edition: https://twitter.com/planetemarcus/status/1550421519901331458?s=20&t=48F_k8ThI5ANSJpWc1MNSA

EstWRC
22nd July 2022, 13:52
Wrong order on the banner. Toyota should be first

Sal yet again
22nd July 2022, 14:21
Only 3 teams aswell...

Eli
22nd July 2022, 14:30
Only 3 teams aswell...

Let’s hope it stays that way until we get there.

Eli
22nd July 2022, 14:30

I’m sure we’ll see a correction for 2024 ;)

WRCStan
22nd July 2022, 14:38

Nah, they got it correct for 2022 result.

Fredouye
22nd July 2022, 15:01
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220722/582fc428bd1697cbf33d6ba84aa7f51f.jpeg

Andre Oliveira
18th November 2022, 09:03
What about the news of cancelled stages?

wwbroe
18th November 2022, 09:28

https://www.rallye-sport.fr/le-col-de-fontbelle-menace-pour-le-prochain-monte-carlo/

Sanremo
18th November 2022, 20:22

More info
https://www.laprovence.com/article/edition-alpes/6970060/lepreuve-fontbelle-interdite.html?amp

satnav
28th November 2022, 16:51
New Itinerary included in Bulletin No 1

https://app-cdn.sportity.com/ec931ad4-5809-4e57-8813-1858bea7f860/1b8e5788-24cc-40f6-884b-b08954608f07_BULLETIN%20No.1.pdf

The password for the Sportity app is RAMC2023
Saturday is changed fully from the first issue

Eli
28th November 2022, 17:46
New Itinerary included in Bulletin No 1

https://app-cdn.sportity.com/ec931ad4-5809-4e57-8813-1858bea7f860/1b8e5788-24cc-40f6-884b-b08954608f07_BULLETIN%20No.1.pdf

The password for the Sportity app is RAMC2023
Saturday is changed fully from the first issue

Good to see they've added a stage and actually made the rally longer to an impressive (Covid-standards) 325kms, the longest (in potential anyhow) since 2019!

bwallace
2nd December 2022, 12:37
when will be publish entery-list for monte ?

J4MIE
2nd December 2022, 16:39
when will be publish entery-list for monte ?

9th January.

bwallace
3rd December 2022, 08:04
thanks

Managarium
7th December 2022, 16:05
Well hopefully, after today's news, Ott will finish 2023. Monte Carlo. :cool:

macebig
7th December 2022, 17:10
Main squads are all but set.
Rovanpera/Evans/Ogier/Katsuta for Toyota,
Neuville/Lappi/Sordo for Hyundai and
Tanak/Greensmith/Loubet for Ford.
Only unknows are if Loeb returns to try and defend his win and if Hyundai lines up a 4th i20 for Breen.

seb_sh
7th December 2022, 17:58
Main squads are all but set.
Rovanpera/Evans/Ogier/Katsuta for Toyota,
Neuville/Lappi/Sordo for Hyundai and
Tanak/Greensmith/Loubet for Ford.
Only unknows are if Loeb returns to try and defend his win and if Hyundai lines up a 4th i20 for Breen.

That's wrong, Breen will share the 3rd car with Sordo. Also Fourmaux is still unknown.

WRCStan
7th December 2022, 18:02
That's wrong, Breen will share the 3rd car with Sordo.

Awesome! Be interesting to see how they share the driving and what notes language and system they'll use.

seb_sh
7th December 2022, 19:24
Awesome! Be interesting to see how they share the driving and what notes language and system they'll use.

They will use Thierry's notes of course... so french

EstWRC
9th December 2022, 12:23
Well hopefully, after today's news, Ott will finish 2023. Monte Carlo. :cool:

The last time he was at Monte with Ford

https://youtu.be/3PFullYy4QA

Atob WRC
9th December 2022, 12:27
The last time he was at Monte with Ford

https://youtu.be/3PFullYy4QA

Epic finish in the Turini!

RS
9th December 2022, 17:42
We can add Erik Cais to the list of expected entries - Fabia RS Rally2.

pantealex
11th December 2022, 15:28
Entries close next Friday, December 16th

I hope most of names will be leaked before Official entry list (January 9th)

WRC1
16th December 2022, 18:21
10 WRC

• 4 équipages /crews TOYOTA YARIS RALLY1
• 3 équipages /crews HYUNDAI I20 RALLY1
• 3 équipages /crews – FORD PUMA HYBRID Rally1

5 WRC MASTERS
5 WRC2 TEAMS
16 WRC 2
1 WRC 3

seb_sh
16th December 2022, 18:23
10 WRC

5 WRC MASTERS
5 WRC2 TEAMS
16 WRC 2
1 WRC 3

No Loeb or no Greensmith? :o

J4MIE
16th December 2022, 18:29
No Loeb or no Greensmith? :o

The Dakar finishes the day before Monte Carlo starts…

seb_sh
16th December 2022, 18:33

Forgot about that...

WRC1
16th December 2022, 19:17

Dakar finishes on Sunday15.Jan, Recce at Monte starts Monday 16.Jan.....so it could work, but it is really difficult

seb_sh
16th December 2022, 19:25
Dakar finishes on Sunday15.Jan, Recce at Monte starts Monday 16.Jan.....so it could work, but it is really difficult

Did he have 1 day in between last year or was it the same. I can't remember, but if it was the same then he flew directly did the recce won the rally and then did a backflip on the finish ramp. So "could work" would be an understatement 😜

J4MIE
16th December 2022, 19:27
Did he have 1 day in between last year or was it the same. I can't remember, but if it was the same then he flew directly did the recce won the rally and then did a backflip on the finish ramp. So "could work" would be an understatement ��

He was in time for a test this year I think.

seb_sh
16th December 2022, 19:38
He had one day, Sunday, for a test to get used to the Puma again.
https://www.redbull.com/in-en/sebastien-loeb-dakar-podium-rallye-monte-carlo-win-compared

dimviii
16th December 2022, 19:54
He had one day, Sunday, for a test to get used to the Puma again.
https://www.redbull.com/in-en/sebastien-loeb-dakar-podium-rallye-monte-carlo-win-compared

yes right,but now he knows puma.https://www.petrolheads.gr/images/smilies/smooth/crazy.gif

mknight
16th December 2022, 20:29
If it is only 3 Puma then for sure it's Tanak, Loubet, Greensmith. After all Monte is where Greensmith actually won a stage last year.

But I wonder how reliable info that is. Cause Delecour just said he prepared money to drive Puma but there were none available.

Even last year there were 4, so it is hard to believe they only have 3 this year.

satnav
16th December 2022, 20:40
If it is only 3 Puma then for sure it's Tanak, Loubet, Greensmith. After all Monte is where Greensmith actually won a stage last year.

But I wonder how reliable info that is. Cause Delecour just said he prepared money to drive Puma but there were none available.

Even last year there were 4, so it is hard to believe they only have 3 this year.

I have been told by a guy in the workshop that there are only 3 Puma's for Monte

satnav
16th December 2022, 20:43
I see the Rally Guide 2 has been released today also the maps are on the ACM website but they are password protected .......

Andre Oliveira
16th December 2022, 20:53
Serderidis count?

mknight
16th December 2022, 21:22
I have been told by a guy in the workshop that there are only 3 Puma's for Monte

Well maybe MSport really are going all in with Tanak and focus on less cars but more reliability (they said something like that one one interview).

Even less likely that Loeb will show up.

denkimi
16th December 2022, 21:29
Well maybe MSport really are going all in with Tanak and focus on less cars but more reliability (they said something like that one one interview).

Even less likely that Loeb will show up.
If it's properly funded, running more cars should not have influence on the quality of tanak's car.

It would be weird if wilson would turn someone with sufficient money down. He needs them to make a profit, selling and renting cars is his model.

J4MIE
17th December 2022, 01:00

dimviii
17th December 2022, 09:00
Sport Rally
@RallyeSport
·
51m
While he was unable to complete a Monte-Carlo in a Ford Puma Rally1, François Delecour will finally drive the new Skoda Fabia RS Rally2 from
@toksportwrt
#WRC

Danny0405
17th December 2022, 09:25
If it's properly funded, running more cars should not have influence on the quality of tanak's car.

It would be weird if wilson would turn someone with sufficient money down. He needs them to make a profit, selling and renting cars is his model.

For me question mark is also are they making that much benefit when renting the Rally1 cars: it has become some much expensive that I’m wondering if they don’t rent it at cost with very low margin sometimes, just to make them run.
And I would be a bit cautious, by experience, with Francois Delecour claims; all the more that he puts a message on his Facebook account about the Puma and then deleted it. Maybe things are not that simple (for example, a conditional possibility on a 3rd car if no better client, i.e. not a one-shot client, appears).

Last point is that I found it very surprising that we still don’t know the 3rd Puma driver if this rumor is true:
- either it’s like last year with M-Sport having entered a TBD car in the entry list because negotiations still ongoing (Greensmith or maybe Mikkelsen are the most obvious possibilities except a surprise?); this last minute call may explain some points about Delecour’s situation.
- or a pure client (maybe one of Serderidis rounds as he did it a lot of times in his R5 era?)

mknight
17th December 2022, 10:03
So that is already 5 new Fabias confirmed in Monte if I count correctly.

Jarek Z
17th December 2022, 12:05
Carlos Sainz is testing his car before Rallye Monte Carlo :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB9t64VgZcg

Andre Oliveira
17th December 2022, 12:52
It is not strange that Delecour can’t get the Puma but goes with super rare new Fabia instead a Ford Fiesta?

Andre Oliveira
17th December 2022, 13:31
10 WRC

5 WRC MASTERS
5 WRC2 TEAMS
16 WRC 2
1 WRC 3

Rovanperä, Evans, Katsuta and Ogier
Neuville, Sordo and Lappi
Tanak, Loubet and Serderidis

SubaruNorway
17th December 2022, 14:10
It is not strange that Delecour can’t get the Puma but goes with super rare new Fabia instead a Ford Fiesta?

Marius Aasen ordered a Fabia a long time ago, had to get a Polo from Printsport instead

RS
18th December 2022, 08:35
So that is already 5 new Fabias confirmed in Monte if I count correctly.

I think Bulacia, Solberg and Delecour confirmed? Gryazin seems highly likely as he did the warm up event last week. Not sure on Lindholm or Pajari for Monte?

Seems Skoda were under-promising and over delivering on orders for the new car as Orsak and Eurosol have theirs already too.

mousti
18th December 2022, 08:39
No Lindholm at Monte, not sure about Pajari. Possibility that Miele will start with a new one there aswell.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn 2201123G met Tapatalk

Fast Eddie WRC
18th December 2022, 08:54

Maybe bcs Delecour will bring big publicity to their new car ?

Sulland
18th December 2022, 09:10
If you are a non works driver, and is to put together a program, trying to win a series/championship, very few will chose Monte.

To much of a gamble weatherwise, and great possibility of a non finish, with large sum of € to rebuild a car.

traxx
18th December 2022, 10:22
Day maps

Danny0405
18th December 2022, 11:09

I think a strong hypothesis about what happened could be:
- M-Sport has forecasted and ordered the logistics for 5 cars, Rally1+2 combined, for Monte-Carlo and the current logistics costs may make an additional car very expensive to run if lately organized. I wouldn’t be surprised, considering Millener and Wilson interviews, that they understood that they are not able anymore to manage correctly 7 cars in rallies (Rally2 included) or 5 Rally1 car at the same time as they did last year sometimes with the complexity of these Rally1 cars + the shortages in staff they did after Covid;
- with Greensmith and Loeb’s negotiations very hard for some times as we know + Serderidis reducing his program, they could have a car available potentially so they opened the discussions to rent it to a one-shot if no regular client is there
- Delecour was looking for it and obtained enough money to rent it for a one-shot (or close to it)
- finally, Serderidis decided to do Monte-Carlo and he has also backed Munster and the latter decided to take the Fiesta Rally2 (instead of the Hyundai)
- M-Sport preferred Serderidis over Delecour (understandable as the Greek has a larger program, is a long-time client and backs Munster in Rally2) and, except if Delecour pays an extra-cost for the logistics (and maybe Delecour didn’t have it or didn’t want to), it was not interesting anymore for M-Sport to run a 6th car
- So Delecour had a Rally1 drive budget for Monte-Carlo with no car quite lately: with this budget at the last moment, he was able to overbid to rent the new Skoda for Monte-Carlo against «*lower*» clients; and for Skoda, in Monte-Carlo between Delecour and an average foreign client not able to win, Delecour is a better marketing stuff.

Only my opinion but I think it can be one of the scenarios about what happened; in the end, it’s about business. I wouldn’t be surprised we saw less than 3 Puma in average during the season (against an average of 4 last year with Fourmaux-Loeb-Breen-Greensmith-Serderidis and the outings of Huttunen and Bertelli) with M-Sport clearly focusing on only Tanak-Loubet and clients paying all.
Not a question of number of cars (we know from Catalunya last year than they have at least 4 cars available + Serderidis’ one) but more of organization.
Clearly think M-Sport view right now is «*All on Ott*», Loubet in 2nd car because they needed someone to be registered as a manufacturer and he partially pays for it, and else, you pay all the costs + margin or you don’t drive.
Interesting also to see how it will finish with Greensmith; clearly, him being out of Monte increases a lot the probability about the Toyota rumors.

Andre Oliveira
18th December 2022, 12:33
Can Delecour’s Puma not from M-Sport? But the Serderidis’ one? Cause the news have not M-Sport name. And i heard something about no M-Sport.

Danny0405
18th December 2022, 12:41
Can Delecour’s Puma not from M-Sport? But the Serderidis’ one? Cause the news have not M-Sport name. And i heard something about no M-Sport.

Serderidis’ car is managed directly by M-Sport and is kept in M-Sport location; so if it’s an issue of number of cars in the shipment and logistics, it’s not necessarily the car directly which is the issue.
And normally, Serderidis doesn’t rent his car directly (afaik at least).

Andre Oliveira
18th December 2022, 12:48
Do you really think Mr. Wilson would let Delecour exit without a super deal to run Fiesta Rally2 instead?

Danny0405
18th December 2022, 13:04
Do you really think Mr. Wilson would let Delecour exit without a super deal to run Fiesta Rally2 instead?

Maybe Delecour or his backers didn’t want the Fiesta Rally2 and it’s quite understandable
Backing and sponsorship depends a lot of the advertisement you can give: being in the Puma Rally1 can give advertisement, being in one of the very first Skoda RS drives also, being in a Fiesta Rally2 ... well, when we know its level, clearly less and if Delecour has really a big budget for this rally, it’s clearly better to spend it on the new Fabia and I would have done the same if I don’t want to drive elsewhere and a company gives me the money only for this.
And as I said, it’s only an opinion and as I said before, we have only one side of the story, Delecour’s one: the only thing that sounds pretty sure is that he had a real budget considering the deal he gets with Toksport.
Was it enough for renting the M-Sport? Was it only a very conditional possibility with no real opening by M-Sport? A lot of question mark we may never have the answer.
It’s business, competition and the time frame was really short; sometimes, it’s a lot about opportunities, timing and a bit of luck.

Atob WRC
18th December 2022, 18:08
Day maps

Ouh!!! I'm just coming to see that I was confused, and I thought that repeated the stage St. Jeannet - Malijai, and now I see that it's Malijai - Puimichel.

Another stage, without intermediate access. What a rally......they try to make an itinerary without access for spectators.

Every year it's worst....

J4MIE
18th December 2022, 18:26
Shakedown

dimviii
19th December 2022, 16:03
SERDERIDIS TO DRIVE PUMA IN MONTE
Jourdan Serderidis will drive an M-Sport Ford Puma Rally1 at next month’s Rallye Monte-Carlo (19 - 22 January).
https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2022/wrc/serderidis-to-drive-puma-in-monte/

mknight
19th December 2022, 16:22
Hoping for Loeb or in worst case Greensmith and you get........Serderidis :-D

Fast Eddie WRC
19th December 2022, 17:29
Maybe the rumours of GG renting a Rally1 Yaris are true.

And he does spend quite a bit of time in Finland, the home country of his girlfriend, and the base of TGR...

Managarium
19th December 2022, 17:38
No Loeb at Monte

https://fr.motorsport.com/wrc/news/sebastien-loeb-absent-rallye-monte-carlo-2023/10412954/?fbclid=IwAR0lRBRpvueCgbIdFYznV27fruQQLB8untO67Xcp LHfZkgYv29bK6zcO0nA

djip
19th December 2022, 19:31
I am suprised that MSport did not offer Fourmeaux a one-off Rallye 1 at Monte Carlo where he is very strong (I know he crashed heavily last year,but was there with the top dogs up to then). But i believe the "education" process Malcolm-style means one full year in WRC2 before, with no shortcuts ...

EstWRC
19th December 2022, 20:24
Surprised?

It’s the most difficult rally of the season so no surprise he won’t start in Rally1 car

satnav
19th December 2022, 21:20
There's a good virtual map on the website of the full route .

https://acm.mc/en/edition/91e-rallye-automobile-montecarlo/espace-concurrents/official-documents/maps/

AnttiL
20th December 2022, 06:15
There's a good virtual map on the website of the full route .

https://acm.mc/en/edition/91e-rallye-automobile-montecarlo/espace-concurrents/official-documents/maps/

password protected

Jarek Z
20th December 2022, 11:58
I am suprised that MSport did not offer Fourmeaux a one-off Rallye 1 at Monte Carlo where he is very strong (I know he crashed heavily last year,but was there with the top dogs up to then). But i believe the "education" process Malcolm-style means one full year in WRC2 before, with no shortcuts ...

Maybe it will work for him, just like it did for them?
https://dirtfish.com/archive/top-5-rally2-revivals/

satnav
20th December 2022, 12:09
password protected

It worked for me last night ,not now though

rallyfiend
20th December 2022, 13:02
Maybe the rumours of GG renting a Rally1 Yaris are true.

And he does spend quite a bit of time in Finland, the home country of his girlfriend, and the base of TGR...

I thought that was Poland...? Home of M-Sport Poland.

satnav
20th December 2022, 18:36
There are now maps on the website on the Spectators section that are not password protected ;

https://acm.mc/en/edition/91e-rallye-automobile-montecarlo/spectators-area/maps/

Bartolbia84
21st December 2022, 06:42
From Italy

Gino - Michi (Citroën c3 rally2)
Gamba - Gonella (Skoda Fabia rally2)
Miele - Beltrame (Skoda Fabia RS rally2 - WRC2)
Merli - XXX (Skoda Fabia rally2 evo)

AnttiL
21st December 2022, 06:47
https://www.rally-maps.com/Rallye-Monte-Carlo-2023

Seems that Col de Turini has a new narrow section in the beginning. Brianconnet - Entrevaux uses a different ending than before, sharing it with the longer Entrevaux stage (which is reversed from 2015-2017 opening stage)

J4MIE
21st December 2022, 17:24
Spectator information
https://acm.mc/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/RAMC-2023-Infos-Spectateurs-FR_GB_211222.pdf

satnav
21st December 2022, 20:29
A mention of two entries;

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/motor-sport/josh-mcerlean-and-william-creighton-to-fulfil-dreams-at-the-monte-carlo-42236499.html

Fast Eddie WRC
26th December 2022, 15:18
Delecour's Skoda Fabia RS Rally2 livery:

https://www.rallye-sport.fr/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Skoda-Fabia-Delecour-2023.jpeg

Bartolbia84
26th December 2022, 18:44
From italy: Patera (fabia rally2)

AnttiL
2nd January 2023, 06:53
https://itgetsfasternow.com/2023/01/02/route-preview-rally-monte-carlo-2023/

Here we go. Familiar stages from the recent years with just some updates.

wwbroe
2nd January 2023, 07:27

Antti, i think there is a small mistake in your preview for saturday. I think it starts with the stage Le Fugeret / Thorame-Haute and not with Malijai / Puimichel, wich will be the second stage of the day. Thanks for the excellent work.

AnttiL
2nd January 2023, 07:34
Antti, i think there is a small mistake in your preview for saturday. I think it starts with the stage Le Fugeret / Thorame-Haute and not with Malijai / Puimichel, wich will be the second stage of the day. Thanks for the excellent work.

Good correction, thanks, fixed. I just simply replaced Saint-Geniez - Thoard paragraph in my blog with Le Fugeret - Thoraume-Haute without realizing it affected the running order as well.

br21
2nd January 2023, 10:03

Also Sunday starts from SS15 and ends with SS18, you have twice SS number 14 - as last on Saturday and first on Sunday.

AnttiL
2nd January 2023, 10:23
Also Sunday starts from SS15 and ends with SS18, you have twice SS number 14 - as last on Saturday and first on Sunday.

Fixed as well, thanks!

lankey555
2nd January 2023, 22:18
Was ment to go but sadly plans had to be cancelled. It would of been great to c these guys
Would love to see Jon Armstrong out!!!

Volvo2000
3rd January 2023, 18:34
I am attending my first WRC event and first time in france, have a rental with friends, any tips on where to stand and in what stages? And are you only allowed to be at the (zp) spectator areas for every stage? Even if you get there early and take a Walk and stay on a hill somewhere on let's say SS2. Every tip is welcome

jparker
4th January 2023, 00:05
No Loeb at Monte

https://fr.motorsport.com/wrc/news/sebastien-loeb-absent-rallye-monte-carlo-2023/10412954/?fbclid=IwAR0lRBRpvueCgbIdFYznV27fruQQLB8untO67Xcp LHfZkgYv29bK6zcO0nA

At the end of the article it says not official.
Disappointment in Dakar so far for Loeb, so who knows?

Hartusvuori
4th January 2023, 06:02
I am attending my first WRC event and first time in france, have a rental with friends, any tips on where to stand and in what stages? And are you only allowed to be at the (zp) spectator areas for every stage? Even if you get there early and take a Walk and stay on a hill somewhere on let's say SS2. Every tip is welcome

https://www.motorsportforums.com/showthread.php?42843-WRC-91e-Rallye-Automobile-Monte-Carlo-(16-22-January-2023)&p=1315455&viewfull=1#post1315455

Here you can find a link to a document that specifies forbidden zones and also access roads. As long as the area is not forbidden and you stay in a safe place, it should be OK. Always respect marshals, however.

Volvo2000
4th January 2023, 06:54
Damn looks like my planned spot is in the forbidden zone, but it is ontop of a hill in ss2 it is very safe https://youtu.be/D1cZy8oCSMM here is a video from it. So its a no go there?

J4MIE
4th January 2023, 07:43
Damn looks like my planned spot is in the forbidden zone, but it is ontop of a hill in ss2 it is very safe https://youtu.be/D1cZy8oCSMM here is a video from it. So its a no go there?

As usual with rallying, it depends on the day, how it is set up, and depends on the attitude of marshals etc.

If it’s a no go zone, then despite what you think it should be a no go zone. But in my experience, lots of people in rallying don’t give a shit.

SubaruNorway
4th January 2023, 08:11
Sometimes they make these "Forbidden" zones because they don't have enough marshalls, nothing else. And often they are the best places.

Hartusvuori
4th January 2023, 08:53
Sometimes they make these "Forbidden" zones because they don't have enough marshalls, nothing else. And often they are the best places.

In Monte no go zones can be also mountain sections with little to no room where to stand. If you look at the onboards, there are always some spectators there, but some of those places can't be set for masses.

Volvo2000
4th January 2023, 09:52
Okay thanks for the help! Looks like i'll go there maybe 2-3 hours before the stage runs and see if you can reach the spot, if Google Maps is right it is no problems and the height difference sure makes it safe

wyler
4th January 2023, 11:14
Okay thanks for the help! Looks like i'll go there maybe 2-3 hours before the stage runs and see if you can reach the spot, if Google Maps is right it is no problems and the height difference sure makes it safe

if you go on ss2 i suggest you more than 3 hours before, try to arrive there before dark.

Volvo2000
4th January 2023, 15:10
Alright Will do! Is it because traffic? Do you suggest being this early for everystage? Will you not be allierad to watch if you come lets Say 1-2 hours before SS4

Volvo2000
4th January 2023, 15:25
Allowed*

Hartusvuori
4th January 2023, 15:47
Alright Will do! Is it because traffic? Do you suggest being this early for everystage? Will you not be allierad to watch if you come lets Say 1-2 hours before SS4

It's easier to find your spot in the daylight vs darkness. Terrain can be rough. But for SS2, I suppose you planning to arrive and stay on a road/wide path.

You never know with Monte access roads. Sometimes you can park right next to the stage, sometimes the access road is blocked kilometers ahead. Still, it's not necessary to arrive hours early. Personally I prefer to be early, no stress, allowed to walk on the stage, time to chat, time to do crossword puzzles, time to look at the views.

wyler
4th January 2023, 16:24

on first ss at night usually the road is blocked and walk on the ss impossible quite early, so is difficult to reach good spots. dark dosn't help either as written already above. on the daytime stages, a couple of h is usually good, but my experience is pretty much as described some post above, you never know if road is blocked or not, how many people choose the same access, or if marshall let you move or not on the road. it's all pretty random, so to have a bit more time will help. sometime i had to walk km, sometime i parked on the ss. sometime i was amid 100 people sometime alone...
the place u linked is quite well known, but no public, so arrive early and maybe marshall (or police) will not mess too much if you move around and u can find a good place.
ps: obvious, but think about being warm in the night, like be prepared for a little fire.

Volvo2000
4th January 2023, 17:23
Alright now i know alot more thanks for sharing your experience, we'll see what happends then, hoping to get to some good spots ans enjoy my first rally

RS
6th January 2023, 15:48
Isn't it about time we had an entry list? Recce starts in a little over a week!

Eli
6th January 2023, 16:17
Isn't it about time we had an entry list? Recce starts in a little over a week!

This coming Monday.

dimviii
6th January 2023, 16:32
Citroën and Rossel start the 2023 Monte Carlo tests
https://planetemarcus.com/citroen-et-rossel-demarrent-les-essais-monte-carlo-2023/

satnav
6th January 2023, 20:23
100 mg gabapentin 100mg (https://neurontin.company/)

piss off

Eli
9th January 2023, 11:51
At last, the entry list: https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2023/wrc/entry-list-rallye-monte-carlo/
As expected: Rovanperä keeps the #69...

mknight
9th January 2023, 12:31
Skoda goes for the risky debut then. All of Cais, Gryazin and Solberg are potential winners, but none of them is a clear favorite.

If it is wet/snow Fourmaux is probably biggest favorite. If it is full dry both Rossel and Lefebvre could be. Old Fabia was great in mixed conditions, but hard to say yet if new one is. Drivers are not yet familiar with it in and car settings are likely not optimal.

Fast Eddie WRC
9th January 2023, 13:03
Skoda goes for the risky debut then. All of Cais, Gryazin and Solberg are potential winners, but none of them is a clear favorite.

If it is wet/snow Fourmaux is probably biggest favorite. If it is full dry both Rossel and Lefebvre could be. Old Fabia was great in mixed conditions, but hard to say yet if new one is. Drivers are not yet familiar with it in and car settings are likely not optimal.

Why is Fourmaux favourite in wet/snow ?

BTW, Ingram can also go well if the car is reliable... he lost more time with a gearbox problem than Mikkelsen's winning margin last year.

Simmi
9th January 2023, 14:03
I think I know the answer to this but what's the percentage chance of any interesting conditions this year?

dimviii
9th January 2023, 14:04
Cais testing at snow
https://twitter.com/MundoRallyes/status/1612389165710057474

PLuto
9th January 2023, 15:14
Cais testing at snow
https://twitter.com/MundoRallyes/status/1612389165710057474

This was first test of the new car in December last year.

Myrvold
9th January 2023, 20:57
I still don't get why M-Sport isn't entering Serderidis for manufacturer points. If he finishes and someone else in the team retires he scores. It seems so wasteful.

AnttiL
10th January 2023, 05:00
I still don't get why M-Sport isn't entering Serderidis for manufacturer points. If he finishes and someone else in the team retires he scores. It seems so wasteful.

They are not going for manu title and Serderidis is just a customer.

mknight
10th January 2023, 06:22
Why is Fourmaux favourite in wet/snow ?

BTW, Ingram can also go well if the car is reliable... he lost more time with a gearbox problem than Mikkelsen's winning margin last year.

Wet/Snow is best surface for both Fourmaux and Fiesta and he did his best rallies in those conditions (Canarias 2020, Monte 2021). Fourmaux is still a very good driver if not right now top Rally1 group.

Ingram could be podium, unlikely to win imo.

rallyfiend
10th January 2023, 06:26

I think it could be to do with testing regulations...

dimviii
10th January 2023, 18:37
Lefebvre

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmG71CVWAAANikZ?format=jpg&name=large

AnttiL
12th January 2023, 06:36
Weather forecasts have turned around. On Tuesday there will be heavy rain that will turn likely into snow at the highest places. Subsequently it will be very cold, up to -20 C.

Turini top

https://meteonews.fr/en/Course_of_the_Day/G11153074/Col_de_Turini/d5/5_days_from_now

SS3+6 end (most snowy)

https://www.yr.no/nb/v%C3%A6rvarsel/daglig-tabell/2-3032945/Frankrike/Provence-Alpes-C%C3%B4te%20d'Azur/Alpes-Maritimes/Beuil

SS4+7 midpoint

https://www.yr.no/nb/v%C3%A6rvarsel/daglig-tabell/2-3007402/Frankrike/Provence-Alpes-C%C3%B4te%20d'Azur/Alpes-Maritimes/La%20Penne

SS5+8 start

https://www.yr.no/nb/v%C3%A6rvarsel/daglig-tabell/2-3030139/France/Provence-Alpes-C%C3%B4te%20d'Azur/Alpes-Maritimes/Brian%C3%A7onnet

SS9+12 midpoint (not even highest point)

https://www.yr.no/nb/v%C3%A6rvarsel/daglig-tabell/2-2994821/Frankrike/Provence-Alpes-C%C3%B4te%20d'Azur/Alpes-de-Haute-Provence/M%C3%A9ailles

SS10+13 end

https://www.yr.no/nb/v%C3%A6rvarsel/daglig-tabell/2-2985125/Frankrike/Provence-Alpes-C%C3%B4te%20d'Azur/Alpes-de-Haute-Provence/Puimichel

SS11+14 midpoint

https://www.yr.no/nb/v%C3%A6rvarsel/daglig-tabell/2-2971416/Frankrike/Provence-Alpes-C%C3%B4te%20d'Azur/Alpes-de-Haute-Provence/Ubraye

Rallyper
12th January 2023, 07:31
Exciting rally to come, then...

And - Pickems coming. Kradovech and I decided to run it one more year.

Who will win RMC under winthery conditions?

EstWRC
13th January 2023, 09:31
M-sport press release https://www.m-sport.co.uk/single-post/m-sport-crews-prepare-for-season-launch-on-iconic-rallye-monte-carlo

Fast Eddie WRC
13th January 2023, 11:19
Ott Tänak sounds pretty happy with things after testing.

“We tried to get the best out of our first test days and we were lucky to experience the car in different conditions. It’s never easy to start the season from the blank page and building up the setup, but the boys and girls from M-Sport are working hard and hopefully we are well prepared for the upcoming challenge. I’m really looking forward to our first race together.”

Sulland
13th January 2023, 11:21
I am hoping for winter weather and difficult conditions, so the drivers and teams will get some challenges.

denkimi
13th January 2023, 11:36
Exciting rally to come, then...

And - Pickems coming. Kradovech and I decided to run it one more year.

Who will win RMC under winthery conditions?
Ogier. Unless he gets unlucky with his tyre choise somewhere, i don't see anyone who could be a threat to him.

jonkka
14th January 2023, 09:41
At last, the entry list: https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2023/wrc/entry-list-rallye-monte-carlo/
As expected: Rovanperä keeps the #69...

This is interesting. I was under impression that world champion carries #1 and cannot decide otherwise. I've tried to read through regulations to find a definiteve answer but with not luck... damn chicken pox flu black death rabies and it's effect on one's intellect...

AnttiL
14th January 2023, 09:48
This is interesting. I was under impression that world champion carries #1 and cannot decide otherwise. I've tried to read through regulations to find a definiteve answer but with not luck... damn chicken pox flu black death rabies and it's effect on one's intellect...

Tänak already kept #8 in 2020

jonkka
14th January 2023, 10:23
Tänak already kept #8 in 2020

So true - a further proof that my intellect is in shambles.

mknight
14th January 2023, 10:55
Ogier. Unless he gets unlucky with his tyre choise somewhere, i don't see anyone who could be a threat to him.

Ogier has been very prone to punctures with Pirelli. Much more than any other driver. With Michelin it was the other way around.

Or maybe he is not driving as neat now that he is older.

Steve Boyd
14th January 2023, 23:02
Or maybe he is not driving as neat now that he is older.
Maybe he can't drive as neat without an active centre diff - maybe nobody can!

mknight
14th January 2023, 23:05
He wasn't getting more punctures with pre 2017 non active diffs cars (DS3-Polo) either. Mostly less or same as others.

rage82
15th January 2023, 16:30
Drivers of route note cars according french forum:

Ogier : Jean-Joseph
Rovanpera : Hirvonen
Neuville : Bengué (replacement for Thiry)
Tanak : Markko Märtin
Katsuta : Hanninen
Evans : Wilks
Fourmaux : Magaud
Solberg : Bouffier

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk

Andre Oliveira
15th January 2023, 20:10
Camilli to Cachon

dimviii
15th January 2023, 20:14
Bonato pour Rossel

Yugo_para_siempre
15th January 2023, 20:47
The weather links posted previously are showing very low temperatures during the rally, also some fresh snow.

Interesting, I hope to be a proper Monte.

ReRe
16th January 2023, 08:05
Anybody knows if the service park will be open for public on wednesday?
Thanks for response.

satnav
16th January 2023, 08:13
The weather links posted previously are showing very low temperatures during the rally, also some fresh snow.

Interesting, I hope to be a proper Monte.

I have been checking the weather regularly this past week and it changes nearly every time I have checked it, this is the site I've been using;

https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather/week/col-de-turini_france_11153074?day=4

Rallyest
16th January 2023, 08:31
I have been checking the weather regularly this past week and it changes nearly every time I have checked it, this is the site I've been using;

https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather/week/col-de-turini_france_11153074?day=4

Monte today, hope we get a interesting rally

Fredouye
16th January 2023, 11:37
First day of recce (I was in Puget Théniers and then Entrevaux)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230116/f9d2ba6b68006e4333c717c17ccc9ef0.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230116/da4c29d85ed8865ce8769094aa6c7cae.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230116/904e702027c3715f12d52197569bfec9.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230116/a06c4dfc6ccab5890115bc3f45e57b88.jpg

jcevc
16th January 2023, 11:42
Ingram - Campedelli as note crew.

Rallyest
16th January 2023, 11:52
First day of recce (I was in Puget Théniers and then Entrevaux)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230116/f9d2ba6b68006e4333c717c17ccc9ef0.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230116/da4c29d85ed8865ce8769094aa6c7cae.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230116/904e702027c3715f12d52197569bfec9.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230116/a06c4dfc6ccab5890115bc3f45e57b88.jpg

Great to see Nicolas back in the top level of rallying, hope he will hellp Pierre get to the next level in rallying

Myrvold
16th January 2023, 12:30
Great to see Nicolas back in the top level of rallying, hope he will hellp Pierre get to the next level in rallying

Yup! I'm hyyyped!

cali
16th January 2023, 12:49
Yup! I'm hyyyped!Me too!

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Fast Eddie WRC
16th January 2023, 14:51
Snowy recce today... :)

https://www.facebook.com/stories/172835904200588/UzpfSVNDOjU3NzY1NzgyMzczNjU5MQ==/?view_single=1&source=shared_permalink

dimviii
16th January 2023, 15:19
http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2023/post-157-0-21486500-1673886469.jpg

EstWRC
16th January 2023, 16:40
recce https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXJ_1GNyEBA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMqRJX7qnt0

EstWRC
17th January 2023, 10:16
Hyundai cars rolled out https://youtu.be/tZRMFhyI564

EstWRC
17th January 2023, 10:20
And the beautiful Fords https://youtu.be/JHlkCg79r9U

AnttiL
17th January 2023, 10:26
SS1 recce video with the new narrow start

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwelFyEdw0Y&ab_channel=BenjaminAzema

and SS2 with new ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyzjGxzhf80&ab_channel=BenjaminAzema

EstWRC
17th January 2023, 11:45
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230117/e9db502e1fd654131406a9987cd28068.jpg

seb_sh
17th January 2023, 11:54
The Ford looks better live. Also reading about their strategy with the test days and so on I think Tanak will be a serious contender this year. I hope this Monte will be good, I cleared my schedule for it :)

Rallyper
17th January 2023, 13:19
Well folks, just not more than 50 hours until closing time for this years opener in Pickems...

Make your Pickems now!!

doubled1978
17th January 2023, 16:05
The Ford looks better live. Also reading about their strategy with the test days and so on I think Tanak will be a serious contender this year. I hope this Monte will be good, I cleared my schedule for it :)

I read the quote, but I did wonder if that was always the strategy, or a happy by product of not being able to run 3 cars with the correct budget.

EstWRC
17th January 2023, 16:13
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmsFUs9X0AAw4oK?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmsFUs5WAAMCfbl?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmrJaxLXEAAQQQE?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmrJbdMXwAIskZI?format=jpg&name=large

Eli
17th January 2023, 16:17
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmsFUs9X0AAw4oK?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmsFUs5WAAMCfbl?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmrJaxLXEAAQQQE?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmrJbdMXwAIskZI?format=jpg&name=large

Absolutely stunning, can't wait for it to start on Thursday evening!

Kenneth
17th January 2023, 16:23
I read the quote, but I did wonder if that was always the strategy, or a happy by product of not being able to run 3 cars with the correct budget.

I'm pretty sure it was strategy, combined with economic strategy.

They clearly don't want to run more than 3 Pumas to ease workload and logistics for their workers, but still wanted to have one free car for customers. Otherwise, they wouldn't refuse Greensmith this year.

AnttiL
17th January 2023, 16:27

Not sure when the new rule about testing days was made. If it was just one day per driver per European rally, M-Sport would actually do less testing with two drivers. And now Toyota has to share the 21 test days between four drivers...

mknight
17th January 2023, 16:52
How does.Serderidis in Monte fit into this testing days theories? He is not manu nominated, yet was testing.

wyler
17th January 2023, 17:00
How does.Serderidis in Monte fit into this testing days theories? He is not manu nominated, yet was testing.

there are bonus days for not-nominated drivers

mknight
17th January 2023, 17:36
With respect to Serdenisis, for MSport it would be best to have a driver whose feedback they can use to improve the car for that. I doubt feedback from him is very useful.

In either case this approach is contrary to what was claimed. The claim was that it is better for MSport to run fewer cars and get more testing days per driver. Yet if what you write is true it is better to have more cars, just not nominate them for points.

TypeR
17th January 2023, 17:54
Yes, yes.. we know that Mikkelsen would be the best chance for M-Sport in every aspect..

AnttiL
17th January 2023, 19:08
there are bonus days for not-nominated drivers

68.5.2 Drivers with Rally1 cars who are entered by a Manufacturer without scoring points or a private entry are prohibited from testing in a country of a Championship round except when a request is made to the rally organiser concerned.
This request must include:
– Exact location (incl. GPS point)
– Start and end date,
– Driver(s) name(s),
– Car(s) chassis number(s).
Any test session is limited to a maximum of 1 day per entered driver to a maximum of 7 days per annum for that driver.
The approval must be issued in writing by the rally organiser to the competitor with a copy to the FIA.

M3 Jambo
17th January 2023, 19:45
Can anyone confirm that it isn't possible to spectate on the shakedown. It's listed as non-spectator but wanted to check it isn't merely to discourage the masses.

wyler
17th January 2023, 20:52
pics from the service park with yaris rally2 also

https://www.rallytime.eu/2023/01/17/rally-monte-carlo-le-immagini-dal-parco-assistenza-ce-anche-la-toyota-yaris-rally2/

J4MIE
17th January 2023, 21:20
68.5.2 Drivers with Rally1 cars who are entered by a Manufacturer without scoring points or a private entry are prohibited from testing in a country of a Championship round except when a request is made to the rally organiser concerned.
– Start and end date,
– Driver(s) name(s),
Any test session is limited to a maximum of 1 day per entered driver to a maximum of 7 days per annum for that driver.
The approval must be issued in writing by the rally organiser to the competitor with a copy to the FIA.

So it depends if they count the country of championship round to include France. I suspect it might technically just be Monaco.

wyler
17th January 2023, 21:46
So it depends if they count the country of championship round to include France. I suspect it might technically just be Monaco.

i think is as easy as asking for permission from the rally organizer

mknight
17th January 2023, 22:24
– Start and end date,
– Driver(s) name(s),

So to maximize test days run as many as possible non manu nominated drivers, but on max 7 rounds per driver.
That would seemingly fit MSport strategy from last year.

But I guess main problem is not the lack of test days for development, but the lack of test days for finding car settings for a given rally and for finding car settings it's more tricky to use different drivers.

Anyway last 5 years clearly show that any possible exploit for more test days is likely to be exploited, by the teams that have money for it.

denkimi
18th January 2023, 06:59
Can they still enter local and national rally's with their current wrc cars? I would assume not since i don't see anyone doing it anymore.

Rallyest
18th January 2023, 07:27
Can they still enter local and national rally's with their current wrc cars? I would assume not since i don't see anyone doing it anymore.

Katsuta will do it before Sweden, he is entering a rally in Finland

atsiotras79
18th January 2023, 08:02
I think this is up to the regulations of each national championship.
For example this year looks like we are going to have 2 rallies that will use Acropolis or ex Acropolis stages (still fantastic to use as PET), but these cars up until last year were not allowed to start in the championship.
Of course if something like this comes up things may change quickly…

But still the dates are bad… one is the weekend before Sardegna and the other on Safari…

Rallyper
18th January 2023, 08:14

He enters with Yaris Rally2 car I presume.

Essaj
18th January 2023, 08:16

Don't presume. Entry is already in and it's Rally1.

wyler
18th January 2023, 08:16

reported with rally1, rally2 is nowhere near competition form...

denkimi
18th January 2023, 08:24
So it is still allowed. Then i don't understand why they are not all doing it all the time. Seems like a great rule to get around the stupid testing regations.

Rallyest
18th January 2023, 08:28
So it is still allowed. Then i don't understand why they are not all doing it all the time. Seems like a great rule to get around the stupid testing regations.

Because for teams, especially for M-sport it is much more expensive than testing

J4MIE
18th January 2023, 08:42
On a national event your times will also be published and probably much more videos & photos.

EstWRC
18th January 2023, 08:45
Dirtfish interviews on recce https://youtu.be/M8avFDf0UmE

Is it me or Lappis answers doesn’t seem confident at all?

Btw what’s the forecast for the different stages and days?

Googol
18th January 2023, 08:58
Forecast looks very cold, but likely no snowing. However, there seems to be some snow/ice in some places already.

J4MIE
18th January 2023, 09:12

Why do you think it is a stupid rule?

EstWRC
18th January 2023, 10:45
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230118/944b292136b8c21ae252979f03e059c2.jpg

AnttiL
18th January 2023, 11:00

It's a different thing to drive 8 separate special stages than drive the same road 20-40 times during the day. Both have their benefits and disadvantages, but if you want to compare setups, it's better to stay on the same road. I would say this is more about Katsuta getting experience for Sweden. They could test on snow in their permanent testing area anyway (if the snow situation improves soon)

J4MIE
18th January 2023, 11:03
i think is as easy as asking for permission from the rally organizer

Yes but to avoid the chsnce of them saying no, as long as France isn’t the country of the championship round, then you don’t have to ask and can test as much as you like (non manufacturer entries anyway).

AnttiL
18th January 2023, 11:05
https://youtu.be/APRRw1UYF88

I came up with an idea to present the route of Monte on a video, hope you like it.

DrLill
18th January 2023, 11:08
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230118/944b292136b8c21ae252979f03e059c2.jpg

Looks nice

Rallyper
18th January 2023, 11:58
reported with rally1, rally2 is nowhere near competition form...

Presume was wrong word, bcs I´m sure I read it somewhere yesterday.
Probably my bad...
Edit: searched for the quote, and found it was saying Rally1. So my bad.

EstWRC
18th January 2023, 12:06
Cars being driven to scrutineering. The Fords look stunning
https://youtu.be/iGY29gfw1Yg

ictus
18th January 2023, 12:28
Presume was wrong word, bcs I´m sure I read it somewhere yesterday.
Probably my bad...

Yaris rally2 wasn't homologated yet, so can not compete

J4MIE
18th January 2023, 12:40
Yaris rally2 wasn't homologated yet, so can not compete

Depends on national regulations. Here in the UK the car just needs to be approved by Motorsport UK and meet our technical regulations. The Mirage R5 did the Rally GB National event as it wasn’t homologated so ineligible for the full event (though these days would enter the national class).

wyler
18th January 2023, 13:20
Depends on national regulations. Here in the UK the car just needs to be approved by Motorsport UK and meet our technical regulations. The Mirage R5 did the Rally GB National event as it wasn’t homologated so ineligible for the full event (though these days would enter the national class).

yep, but yaris rally2 is gone not much far from first shakedowns, is still far from an operational car

wwbroe
18th January 2023, 13:50
https://youtu.be/APRRw1UYF88

I came up with an idea to present the route of Monte on a video, hope you like it.

Nice work Antti:)

djip
18th January 2023, 14:15
Forecast looks very cold, but likely no snowing. However, there seems to be some snow/ice in some places already.

Pitty here further north (in Chartreuse area which used to be a Monte classic) it is snowing heavily as we speak and the roads are ... treacherous (=total mess). Would have been fun !

EstWRC
18th January 2023, 14:32
And today was very sunny as we see from this vid https://youtu.be/LOA0vaUgQLc

Anybody knows what’s that thing at the front of Tänaks car on the right? Some kind of measuring device?

AnttiL
18th January 2023, 14:48
Christmas party fundraising has started

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmxDVCVWQAERUx-?format=jpg&name=medium

ouvreur
18th January 2023, 15:00
And today was very sunny as we see from this vid https://youtu.be/LOA0vaUgQLc

Anybody knows what’s that thing at the front of Tänaks car on the right? Some kind of measuring device?

Similar to what Hyundai were using recently on tarmac rallies.

I understand it measures the friction of the road surface.

dimviii
18th January 2023, 15:33
Suninen pour Esapekka Lappi
Garre Oscardel pour Dani Sordo
Bengue pour Thierry Neuville
Jean Joseph pour Sébastien Ogier
Kuldar Sikk pour Ott Tänak
Poggi pour Pierre-Louis Loubet
Bedoret pour Jourdan Serderidis
Hanninen pour Takamoto Katsuta
Evans père pour Elfyn Evans
Hirvonen pour Kalle Rovanperä
Magaud pour Adrien Fourmaux
Bonato pour Yohan Rossel
Chauffray pour Stéphane Lefebvre
Bouffier pour Oliver Solberg
Gryazin père pour Nikolay Gryazin
Lhonnay Stéphane pour Grégoire Munster
Camilli pour Alejandro Cachon
Todeschini pour François Delecour

J4MIE
18th January 2023, 15:39
Christmas party fundraising has started

You mean the FIA forced them to break the rules? :rolleyes:

There are rules like this for a reason, most as it will have been agreed with the land owners who will not want any potential pollution incidents.

Fast Eddie WRC
18th January 2023, 17:05
Yaris Rally2 demo car at Monte...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmxJTEEWABER9tQ?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmxJTEOWAAQrw-M?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmxJTEGXkAA93U0?format=jpg&name=large

dimviii
18th January 2023, 18:32
so finally not a round tailpipe

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmtJWsqXoBkM1XF?format=jpg&name=large

EstWRC
18th January 2023, 19:07
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fmx-MQ7agAYcpAh?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

dimviii
18th January 2023, 19:17
2023 WRC - RALLYE MONTE-CARLO - PRE-EVENT PRESS CONFERENCE TRANSCRIPT

https://www.fia.com/news/2023-wrc-rallye-monte-carlo-pre-event-press-conference-transcript

dimviii
19th January 2023, 06:45
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fm0eV9vWQAI_1I4?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fm0eW8PWAAECGYK?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fm0eX1DXoAI-y0q?format=jpg&name=large

dimviii
19th January 2023, 07:01
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fm0iP2cXgAMUeZH?format=jpg&name=large

EstWRC
19th January 2023, 07:09
I have to say I haven’t been this excited since 2017

I hope we will have a epic season.

Ogier is the clear favorite for me for Monte. Followed by Neuville and then others for final podium position. Kalle is a bit of unknown. He has made such a big step with last year so I wouldn’t surprise if he comes and wins in the end.

As for Tänak, TOP5 and good power stage points would totally do for me, would be a lot better than big fat zero which he has got past three years and it has hurt the championship a lot later on.

Eli
19th January 2023, 07:15
I have to say I haven’t been this excited since 2017

I hope we will have a epic season.

Ogier is the clear favorite for me for Monte. Followed by Neuville and then others for final podium position. Kalle is a bit of unknown. He has made such a big step with last year so I wouldn’t surprise if he comes and wins in the end.

As for Tänak, TOP5 and good power stage points would totally do for me, would be a lot better than big fat zero which he has got past three years and it has hurt the championship a lot later on.

Excited as 2019 (imho anyhow).

spyros
19th January 2023, 07:19
Same here, very excited, i have a feeling if its dry that Elfyn will do well.

EstWRC
19th January 2023, 07:22
Last year fastest time was 1.50.4

They have beaten it already

spyros
19th January 2023, 07:24
Ott 1 sec down, 2 sec now.........

DrLill
19th January 2023, 07:28
Puma seemed somehow understeery compared to other cars..

EstWRC
19th January 2023, 07:36
Premature conclusions

Hyundai the fastest car and Loubet faster than Tänak :D

flat_right
19th January 2023, 07:38

It seemed the same for me. Just looking from onboard, Ott felt much slower than Kalle but the time wasn't that bad considering it s a new car, Monte and tarmac.

EstWRC
19th January 2023, 07:41
Everybody heading to service. Seems we won’t get the second passes any time soon

Rallyper
19th January 2023, 07:46
So if you haven´t made your Pickems, now´s the time!
Closing time is 20.00 CET tonight.

dimviii
19th January 2023, 07:50
Rallirinki / Teemu
@HartusvuoriWRC
Kalle inspecting his tyres after the first shakedown run. #WRC #RallyMonteCarlo

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fm0sG9VXkAE1x5p?format=jpg&name=large

EstWRC
19th January 2023, 07:51
Dirtfish live center, nothing spectalucar there at the moment https://dirtfish.com/archive/2023-monte-carlo-rally-friday-live-text/

EstWRC
19th January 2023, 07:56
Ott and Thierry moving for second pass

flat_right
19th January 2023, 08:19
Ott got a bit closer to Thierry on the second pass.

EstWRC
19th January 2023, 08:21
Ott got a bit closer to Thierry on the second pass.

but Thierry even faster than first pass, 1 sec faster than Ott on second pass

Kras
19th January 2023, 08:38
Otts shakedown not too promising

dimviii
19th January 2023, 08:38
Sordo and Ogier fastest till now.2 sec faster from their first pass

EstWRC
19th January 2023, 08:39
Otts shakedown not too promising

i wouldnt worry much, he never pushes max. on shakedowns and he was dead slow also on the same shakedown last year
Sordo has impressed me so far

doubled1978
19th January 2023, 08:42
Agreed, he rarely pushes hard on shakedown so nothing to see here.

Kras
19th January 2023, 08:45
i wouldnt worry much, he never pushes max. on shakedowns and he was dead slow also on the same shakedown last year
Sordo has impressed me so far

Yes, that's true. I'm just dying to see how the cars stack up. The evening can't come soon enough

dimviii
19th January 2023, 08:46
Kalle fastest,already 5 sec down from fastest time from previous year shake.

EstWRC
19th January 2023, 08:48
Tänak heading for 3rd run, nobody follows at the moment

i wonder how many he will do today

cali
19th January 2023, 08:48
It's just a shakedown, relax guys. In the evening it gets worse 😀

Kras
19th January 2023, 08:50
Tänak heading for 3rd run, nobody follows at the moment

i wonder how many he will do today

Is there a stream anywhere?

cali
19th January 2023, 08:50
He need all the seat time he can get.

Still, I don't have any high expectations for this rally.

seb_sh
19th January 2023, 08:59
Forget it guys, Ott is not fastest on the first run of the first shakedown, season over he has no chance!

:P

cali
19th January 2023, 09:00
Forget it guys, Ott is not fastest on the first run of the first shakedown, season over he has no chance!

:P
Yup, it's over

EstWRC
19th January 2023, 09:02
1.46.1 on third run for Tänak

cali
19th January 2023, 09:04
1.46.1 on third run for Tänak
He needs to beat the others by 5 sec then maybe, just maybe we're satisfied haha

EstWRC
19th January 2023, 09:06
and Thierry beats Kalle

1.45.0 the new benchmark

EstWRC
19th January 2023, 09:08
He needs to beat the others by 5 sec then maybe, just maybe we're satisfied haha

haha, not for me. he is much closer to the TOP times this year than last year, all good so far.

if anyone is interested then here are last years times from SD https://www.ewrc-results.com/shake/72281-rallye-automobile-monte-carlo-2022/

Rallyest
19th January 2023, 09:13
haha, not for me. he is much closer to the TOP times this year than last year, all good so far.

if anyone is interested then here are last years times from SD https://www.ewrc-results.com/shake/72281-rallye-automobile-monte-carlo-2022/

I know a lot of sarcastic notes here about Tänak's pace, but EstWRC is right, lot closer than last year, and also, you can see an over 1 sec improvement on all shakedown runs, which on a 2.29km test is alot. Also pointed out earlier, that Tänak rarely goes for top 1-2-3 times on shakedown.

So key point in the times is the development of times and time improvement between runs

flat_right
19th January 2023, 09:16
Though I agree that Tänak rarely shows his hand on SD, then I also think it is pointless to compare times from last year because we have to remember what was the situation in Hyundai back then and how "ready" their car was.

But I'm optimistic - with every run, here is some improvement and I think that he is getting more and more familiar with the car.

Rallyest
19th January 2023, 09:24
Though I agree that Tänak rarely shows his hand on SD, then I also think it is pointless to compare times from last year because we have to remember what was the situation in Hyundai back then and how "ready" their car was.

But I'm optimistic - with every run, here is some improvement and I think that he is getting more and more familiar with the car.

I think its pretty optimistic by everybody to expect Tänak to attack from the first stage, more likely we will see the faster times on saturday. Everyone forgets that he has to start from 0. Beginning with setup, Pumas aerodynamics compared to Hyundai and everything else.

Edit: By faster times i mean 1-2-3 place stage times, i think realisticly if he is close to 3rd and 4th place by the end of tomorrow then all is good
Edit again: but i hope Tänak proves me wrong.

cali
19th January 2023, 09:34
That understeer was present on the test vids as well, nothing new.

Eli
19th January 2023, 09:39
They're only allowed 3 shakedown runs this year right?

240RS
19th January 2023, 09:40
Shakedown time improvement from first to third runs:
1. Lappi - 5.8sec
2. Evans 4.4
3. Ogier 3.2
4. Rovanpera 2.7
5. Loubet 2.4
5. Tanak 2.4
7. Sordo 2.1
8. Neuville 1.5

One can make whatever conclusions they want from these times, but it's emerging that the gaps won't be that wide

Dontcut
19th January 2023, 09:41
Are all cars running same tyres on SD or tyre strategy games start there?

AMSS
19th January 2023, 10:00
Probably been somewhere in this thread but when are WRC 2 doing their shakedown?

denkimi
19th January 2023, 10:02
Lappi being 2 seconds slower than Neuville is also not very promising.

rage82
19th January 2023, 10:20
Probably been somewhere in this thread but when are WRC 2 doing their shakedown?

Only P1 drivers are on the shakedown. Same as last year.

AMSS
19th January 2023, 10:38
Only P1 drivers are on the shakedown. Same as last year.

OK thanks

EstWRC
19th January 2023, 10:57
Shakedown vid https://youtu.be/s9ohBEoq2bI

Fast Eddie WRC
19th January 2023, 11:14
The tricky to identify Toyotas have their number clearly on the rear which helps...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmxPNBdWIAMWn0x?format=jpg&name=large

AnttiL
19th January 2023, 11:18
The tricky to identify Toyotas have their number clearly on the rear which helps...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmxPNBdWIAMWn0x?format=jpg&name=large

only in France, they replace the license plates with numbers. Same has been for years.

AnttiL
19th January 2023, 11:41
I think its pretty optimistic by everybody to expect Tänak to attack from the first stage, more likely we will see the faster times on saturday. Everyone forgets that he has to start from 0. Beginning with setup, Pumas aerodynamics compared to Hyundai and everything else.

Edit: By faster times i mean 1-2-3 place stage times, i think realisticly if he is close to 3rd and 4th place by the end of tomorrow then all is good
Edit again: but i hope Tänak proves me wrong.

Also Monte is not Tänak's strongest event. We have to wait until next events to see how it works out.

My favourite for the win is Kalle because winning Monte is something that is missing from his "bucket list" and last year he was impressive on Saturday and Sunday. But of course Ogier and Neuville will be super fast here. I don't believe Evans will have more pace than last year generally.

EstWRC
19th January 2023, 13:13
shakwdown https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9xaFoOJMFM

denkimi
19th January 2023, 14:19
only in France, they replace the license plates with numbers. Same has been for years.
But for some reason the fords don't have them.

Co-driven
19th January 2023, 15:12
But for some reason the fords don't have them.

Yes, you're right and I assume somebody must have done some mistakes.

And also some cars (I've seen Ford's and Hyundai's) with the number on the roof, when it should be on the top right corner of the windscreen...

EstWRC
19th January 2023, 15:19
Pirelli debuts all-new Monte Carlo specific WRC tyres

World Rally Championship tyre supplier Pirelli will debut a brand new supersoft specifically designed for the Monte Carlo Rally this weekend.

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/pirelli-debuts-all-new-monte-carlo-specific-wrc-tyres/10422635/

Fast Eddie WRC
19th January 2023, 15:50
Opening ceremony live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-3wox7vroE

dimviii
19th January 2023, 15:58
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fm1Hj-IXEAAowwG?format=jpg&name=medium

WRCWings
@llluis555

The new front end of the
@HMSGOfficial
Hyundai i20 N #Rally1 to detail: reduced drag with the nose and increased downforce thanks to the cleaner, bigger surfaces #WRClive #WRCliveES #WRCjp

TypeR
19th January 2023, 16:20
Hasn't seen before, but time control on podium seems really weird..

EstWRC
19th January 2023, 16:22
Ott just ignored the interviewer?

Pretty embarrassing interviewer

dupanton
19th January 2023, 16:28
Hasn't seen before, but time control on podium seems really weird..

It's very common, at least in Belgium, France, The Netherlands...