PDA

View Full Version : Is there a moderator here?

bomber21
11th June 2022, 15:39
If not, is someone else able to do something with these spam bots? This AshRok bot is here for weeks, he has spammed every single thread with hundreds of posts and there is noone to ban him.

If there is no mod, is there an admin we can contact?

Please, this used to be a great forum, do not let these bots to destroy it.

HKSjbg
11th June 2022, 16:21
Lol the irony that AshRok is the first to comment on this thread. Seriously though, I was about to post something about this too - the Rok family have really stepped up their irritating advertising campaign lately and it makes the whole forum basically unnavigable now.

EstWRC
11th June 2022, 18:38
i have written to Mark and Pino to help with this, havent got an answer so far

seb_sh
12th June 2022, 19:46
Indeed it's starting to make the forum unusable at this point. For a while i kept reporting the posts but it seems no one is doing anything.

satnav
12th June 2022, 20:27
Same here Seb ,i was reporting as well but nothing happens.

denkimi
12th June 2022, 20:41
There must be someone who pays the bills, so there must be someone who is in control.

bomber21
12th June 2022, 20:42
So this subforum is run or moderated by noone? If so, isn’t there an admin of the whole forum we can get in touch with? I have been member and moderator in forums for decades but it is the first time I see something like this.

SubaruNorway
12th June 2022, 20:59
Must be some software update to fix it?

bomber21
12th June 2022, 21:17
It is obvious that forums with newest updates do not allow registration of these spam bots.
But in the current case, since the forum is not updated, we just need someone to delete these spam accounts.

Rallyper
13th June 2022, 08:18
Maybe AshRok can? :) :)

Sulland
13th June 2022, 08:48
i have written to Mark and Pino to help with this, havent got an answer so far

Have sent PM to Mark, no reply yet.
Does anyone know him.

Are there some active admins in other parts of the forum, or is it only these two admins?

cali
13th June 2022, 09:41
As per my reply in Forum Feedback as I have peeked into Mark's account he seems to have been online today...dunno if this is correct though.

As I remember vaguely some years ago there was a decision to be made either leave this forum as it is or ask finances (donation, subscription etc) to keep this place running up to date. At least it is running but the Rok family seems to be having fun here :D

https://www.motorsportforums.com/member.php?3-Mark

PLuto
13th June 2022, 09:54
Have sent PM to Mark, no reply yet.
Does anyone know him.

Are there some active admins in other parts of the forum, or is it only these two admins?

I dont know how often is Mark online on forum. But if necessary he is able to communicate via email.

cali
13th June 2022, 09:57
I dont know how often is Mark online on forum. But if necessary he is able to communicate via email.
Yes please

Jarek Z
13th June 2022, 12:21
If there is no mod, is there an admin we can contact?

That is a good question. I'm not sure if there is anybody who is running and taking care of this forum. I had an issue with login a few years back and it took over 1 year before it was fixed :(

Have a look:
https://www.motorsportforums.com/showthread.php?40207-Error-while-logging-in-Failed-login-quota-Why-does-it-happen

bomber21
13th June 2022, 13:01
I understand that the forum is administrated by noone and we rally fans are the last ones using it before it collapses. Is there an alternative? I had a great time here discussing about my hobby and I do not want to lose this habit. Can we do something? This forum will become very soon unusable or closed.

Eli
13th June 2022, 13:42
I understand that the forum is administrated by none and we rally fans are the last ones using it before it collapses. Is there an alternative? I had a great time here discussing about my hobby and I do not want to lose this habit. Can we do something? This forum will become very soon unusable or closed.

No one using the forum in it's other divisions? Would be very sad to see it close down, I hope it doesn't come to that.

bomber21
13th June 2022, 14:00
I see a few people in the F1 section, other than that I see no activity.

PLuto
13th June 2022, 14:07
No one using the forum in it's other divisions? Would be very sad to see it close down, I hope it doesn't come to that.

I dont know. I am following only rally section, others only if I receive moderators to spam (or any other inappropriate post).

Fast Eddie WRC
13th June 2022, 15:00
Does this Spam-o-matic software just need installing/updating ?

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=248042

More info the forum here...

http://websites.milonic.com/motorsportforums.com

cali
13th June 2022, 17:07
I understand that the forum is administrated by noone and we rally fans are the last ones using it before it collapses. Is there an alternative? I had a great time here discussing about my hobby and I do not want to lose this habit. Can we do something? This forum will become very soon unusable or closed.Unfortunately yes, this forum is degrading or dying slowly. Only rallying is still alive and somewhat active though in recent times it's also taking steps backwards...
Shame really bcs I remember this forum some 15-10 years ago.
Also I haven't found any better alternatives for this forum so I guess I'm going to sink with the ship

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

PLuto
13th June 2022, 17:08
I think forums in general are dying. Less and less people wants to write text, especially longer than two sentences. Everything is now based on pictures or videos...

cali
13th June 2022, 17:21
I think forums in general are dying. Less and less people wants to write text, especially longer than two sentences. Everything is now based on pictures or videos...I found myself thinking about that as well. In general you have twitter and facebook where's all the action. At the same time what concerns rallying nothing has beaten this place.

But I do agree with you

Eli
13th June 2022, 17:26
Unfortunately yes, this forum is degrading or dying slowly. Only rallying is still alive and somewhat active though in recent times it's also taking steps backwards...
Shame really bcs I remember this forum some 15-10 years ago.
Also I haven't found any better alternatives for this forum so I guess I'm going to sink with the ship

I remember joining the forum 9 years ago and I remember NOT always active, if not for this forum I have no idea how I'd get all the rallying news+discuss it with people who actually care about it and it's their passion (sometimes more*).

PLuto
13th June 2022, 17:34
I found myself thinking about that as well. In general you have twitter and facebook where's all the action. At the same time what concerns rallying nothing has beaten this place.

But I do agree with you

I still prefers forum, because it has archive, you can talk with more people together and you can see posts how it was going step by step. With twitter/instagram/facebook I am lost in plenty of informations, many times also which I am not interested.

dimviii
13th June 2022, 17:36
I still prefers forum, because it has archive, you can talk with more people together and you can see posts how it was going step by step. With twitter/instagram/facebook I am lost in plenty of informations, many times also which I am not interested.

So you have to do something.

Eli
13th June 2022, 17:38

Especially interesting to see all of our speculations coming to each season, if it's 2019 or 2022 and see how right/wrong we were and how things turned out eventually.

bomber21
13th June 2022, 17:51
I agree about social media destroying forums but when it comes to rallying this place is the best one. Almost all hardcore rally fans are here. We have to do something.

skarderud
13th June 2022, 20:32
Facebook is fading away, twitter is not wery interesting to use, these others are not useful to follow rally.
People will come back to forums the next years, better platform to have serious discusions on.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

Fast Eddie WRC
13th June 2022, 21:24
The recent Rok spam has disappeared from the threads and hasn't returned today. Who did this ?

PLuto
13th June 2022, 21:32
The recent Rok spam has disappeared from the threads and hasn't returned today. Who did this ?

I have removed all the spams this morning (after my arrival from Rally Poland) which appeared during last two weeks. Meanwhile Mark blocked all accounts with "Rok" in name, so we will see if it will be working or not.

satnav
13th June 2022, 21:47
I have removed all the spams this morning (after my arrival from Rally Poland) which appeared during last two weeks. Meanwhile Mark blocked all accounts with "Rok" in name, so we will see if it will be working or not.

Thank you

Eli
13th June 2022, 22:23

Mega thanks for that!!!

Steve Boyd
14th June 2022, 00:36

Excellent work - thanks to both :D

bomber21
14th June 2022, 08:18
Thanks both for this but could you consider adding a trusted member who joins daily as a moderator in order to avoid similar situations in the future?

Fast Eddie WRC
14th June 2022, 09:15

Thanks PLuto and Mark !

cali
14th June 2022, 10:03

Thanks PLuto and Mark! We keep it going.

PLuto
14th June 2022, 10:54
Thanks both for this but could you consider adding a trusted member who joins daily as a moderator in order to avoid similar situations in the future?

I am trying to be daily moderator. But in last weeks I was on so many rallies without proper access to internet, so I was not able to check it so often...

bomber21
14th June 2022, 11:07
No problem then!