PDA

View Full Version : BBC pulls out of Neighbours fight - hope ITV dont get it!!!

wrc_flipper
18th May 2007, 15:56
BBC pulls out of Neighbours fight (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6669769.stm)

I hope ITV do not get Neighbours as they will do the same thing the do with any good programmes once they loose and rating.

F1 - Demoted from ITV1 if anything better is on.
F1 Qualifying if bumped if it upsets Stickycomeicestating
WRC - cut from 3 programes on C4 to 1 on ITV1 now ITV4 only

I know its two sports programmes as an example, but why spend lots on programmes and then put them on lower channels when the going gets tought?

oily oaf
18th May 2007, 17:03
I had to pull out of my neighbours last week.
Mind you they are 19 year old twin sisters whose dad had just arrived home early from work :(

Spoonbender
18th May 2007, 17:15
I had to pull out of my neighbours last week.
Mind you they are 19 year old twin sisters whose dad had just arrived home early from work :(

I have twin daughters of 19, and I got home early from work last week :)

oily oaf
18th May 2007, 17:34
I have twin daughters of 19, and I got home early from work last week :)

Doh! :(

We were only discussing Einsteins theory of relativity Pops.............naked :s mokin:

Yours faithfully Oily Oaf
Spoonbender's wardrobe
$hit Street Without A Paddle

jim mcglinchey
18th May 2007, 17:35
The contract would've cost the BBC 300 million quid....you could buy or produce a lot of quality TV for that little sum.

slinkster
18th May 2007, 18:44
aww poor neighbours... It's been on the beeb since it started hasn't it?

luvracin
18th May 2007, 18:54
WHAT?? They still make Neighbours??? Someone still watches????

GRAVETT
18th May 2007, 19:25
so the bbc has saved alot of a money and a prime slot twice a day. what will they fill it with?
the answer i fear will be utter crap !!! ahh yeah that'll be it ..... football !

Ian McC
18th May 2007, 21:12
Does anyone care? :rolleyes:

Iain
18th May 2007, 21:56
so the bbc has saved alot of a money and a prime slot twice a day. what will they fill it with?
the answer i fear will be utter crap !!! ahh yeah that'll be it ..... football !

You're kidding right? That's sport and BBC TV seems to care less and less about sport in general these days.

Brown, Jon Brow
18th May 2007, 23:11
Apparently five have got the rights. I've haven't watched in over 5 years anyway. There never seems to be a storyline, a bit like Hollyoaks. :\

GRAVETT
19th May 2007, 00:21
is football still classed as a sport ? i thought it was some homo erotic event held in arena crammed full of louts all sharing half a brain cell

Schultz
19th May 2007, 01:18
I only watch it to see a couple of people from my old school every now and again. But really, that goth chick ruins it for me. It's horrid.

millencolin
19th May 2007, 01:25
WHAT?? They still make Neighbours??? Someone still watches????

yeah... but the ratings for neighbours are starting to fall here in Oz

but what i cant believe is that two stations in britian are fighting for it! ITS CRAP!!!! for gods sake have you actually ever sat down and watched neighbours.... its woeful, purely woeful

Schultz
19th May 2007, 01:33
at least home and away has hot people. It's really the only reason you'd watch this type of show.

millencolin
19th May 2007, 02:06
at least home and away has hot people. It's really the only reason you'd watch this type of show.

even so its hard enough to watch that crap just for a perv... after a few beers though it does become tolerable

Schultz
19th May 2007, 03:31
Big brother is good after a couple of beers. Hitler is a top bloke after a couple of beers.... What can't beer do?

DonnieDarco
19th May 2007, 09:01
yeah... but the ratings for neighbours are starting to fall here in Oz

but what i cant believe is that two stations in britian are fighting for it! ITS CRAP!!!! for gods sake have you actually ever sat down and watched neighbours.... its woeful, purely woeful

Yes, but its that sort of woeful that can become very addictive. :D

scrappy
19th May 2007, 10:18
Home and away Neighbours the Sullivan's prisoner cell block-H God tv must be pants down under, probably whay so many Aussies leave their country to go wandering. Big brother tv for the dumb if you ask me. The only program where you get viewers tuning in to watch others sleep :rolleyes:

Schultz
19th May 2007, 10:56
Home and away Neighbours the Sullivan's prisoner cell block-H God tv must be pants down under, probably whay so many Aussies leave their country to go wandering. Big brother tv for the dumb if you ask me. The only program where you get viewers tuning in to watch others sleep :rolleyes:

Then how do you explain the Brit exodus to Australia. People from the UK are more likely to live in Australia than any other country. Eastenders, Hollyoaks?

stevie_gerrard
19th May 2007, 11:46
Apparently five have got the rights. I've haven't watched in over 5 years anyway. There never seems to be a storyline, a bit like Hollyoaks. :\

Neighbours is NOTHING like Hollyoaks!!

Im absolutely gutted, i have to say, its better than watching other soaps like coronation street and emmerdale, whoever willingly admits to that!

raphael123
19th May 2007, 20:23
British soaps are hugely depressing - especially Eastenders. God I think if you were going to commit suicide, having Eastenders on with some Coldplay on in the background would tip you over the edge!!

As for Neigbhours - it's a hugely popular soap. It's a bit of a cult in University. There's 22,000 students in Cardiff University, on the facebook group to 'Save Neighbours' it has around 15,000 members! If you have that proportion at every Uni in the UK - it's a lot of people who are fans!

Speedworx
19th May 2007, 23:13
Good to see Five has picked up Neighbours :D I'd miss it if no one picked up the series.

Once again the BBC lose a top show. Just leaves Top Gear as the only good show on the BBC.

jim mcglinchey
20th May 2007, 09:06
[quote="raphael123"]British soaps are hugely depressing - especially Eastenders. God I think if you were going to commit suicide, having Eastenders on with some Coldplay on in the background would tip you over the edge!!

You must never watch Corrie then, its one of the funniest shows on the tele, but I agree with you about Cockney W++nkers aka Eastenders.

scrappy
22nd May 2007, 09:32
Then how do you explain the Brit exodus to Australia. People from the UK are more likely to live in Australia than any other country. Eastenders, Hollyoaks?

Eh they most likely don't go there to watch the tv mate thats for sure :rolleyes: :D

Drew
23rd May 2007, 13:14

Are we including France, Spain and the USA in this?

It's moving to channel 5 apparently, but not until next spring.