PDA

View Full Version : Personal Comments/Attacks

ArrowsFA1
18th May 2007, 09:58
Just so that you are aware - we intend to keep personal comments/attacks off the F1 forum.

As long as I've been here they have appeared from time to time, and we've done what we can to eliminate them, but ultimately it's your responsibility not to start a personal "war of words" on the forum, and if started, not to continue and pour petrol on the flames. After all, we're here to discuss F1.

Mods will issue warnings to anyone posting a personal comment/attack when we see them. If we don't see them, or you see a post that you consider is a personal comment/attack then report it. Temping though it might be, do not respond to it in the thread.

Too often perfectly good threads have been disrupted or wrecked by personal comments/attacks and we are fed up with seeing them appear.

Remember:
- We're here to discuss F1
- Personal comments/attacks are not acceptable
- If you post a personal comment/attack you will be warned
- Warnings mean points, and points can add up to a temporary or even permanent ban.

Simple :cool:

Enjoy discussing F1 :s mokin:

Flat.tyres
18th May 2007, 12:51
from what ive read, there seems to be some confusion as to what is a personal attack.

personally, i think that someone can call a post stupid, ill thought out or downright rubbish if they can back it up and not be a personal attack especially if someone is notorious for doing it.

when we get into the "your a ****ing idiot" is where I would say a personal attack is.

just so i know as im scared of getting points ;)

ArrowsFA1
18th May 2007, 13:43
Fair point :up: We all know that there's light-hearted banter (jokes/fun) that goes on and the message certainly isn't aimed at that kind of thing at all.

If you think a post's "rubbish" there's nothing to stop you from saying so but if that's your response then back it up, because that kind of comment by itself has the habit of escalating into the kind of thing we're trying to prevent.

Flat.tyres
18th May 2007, 13:52
Fair point :up: We all know that there's light-hearted banter (jokes/fun) that goes on and the message certainly isn't aimed at that kind of thing at all.

If you think a post's "rubbish" there's nothing to stop you from saying so but if that's your response then back it up, because that kind of comment by itself has the habit of escalating into the kind of thing we're trying to prevent.

agree but can you explain what post weve been pointed for as per my message after receiving a point.

ArrowsFA1
18th May 2007, 14:16
Please see your PMs.

Flat.tyres
18th May 2007, 14:31
Please see your PMs.

Ive a funny idea my forum licence is going to quickly resemble my driving one :)

Roamy
18th May 2007, 19:15
Hey arrows do I have any points?????

trumperZ06
18th May 2007, 20:01

:p :Hhmmm... does Foutso have any points?

Last I looked... Foutso had lapped the field !!! ;) :D

pino
18th May 2007, 21:57

uncle you have 99 points...one more and you're out for good :p :

Roamy
19th May 2007, 06:33
eholay - I better be good !!

raphael123
19th May 2007, 20:52
lol do we really get points?!

I must be honest, I think flat.tyres has a point. I've been warned for personal attacks - when I don't think it was a personal attack. As Flat.Tyre says 'f*cking idiot' etc - thats a personal attack. Pointing out the hypocrisy in someone's post, and therefore saying they are being a hypocrite, though I guess it is a personal - it's part of the arguement you use.

I hope we don't become too restricted on what we can say, and what we can't. AFterall, it is a discussion board - sometimes it'll get heated. It's all part of the point of a forum.

Btw, I don't say it really, but I do think the mods do a good job, but I hope forumers views are taken onboard :up:

ArrowsFA1
19th May 2007, 21:24
I hope we don't become too restricted on what we can say, and what we can't. AFterall, it is a discussion board - sometimes it'll get heated. It's all part of the point of a forum.
Yes it is, and that's all we're asking for. Discussion.

Roamy
22nd May 2007, 07:52
but that being said many of these guys need a good beating !@!

tintop
24th May 2007, 05:04
test

leopard
24th May 2007, 05:41
test

are you trying to test attacking someone personally? ;) :D

Valve Bounce
24th May 2007, 10:16
test
................ing

schmenke
24th May 2007, 18:23
test

Oi! I'm insulted! :mad:

Stuartf12007
25th May 2007, 22:12
I agree.

Opinions are opinions and should not be conceived as personal attacks, i have seen some people do just that and its silly.

raphael123
26th May 2007, 18:39
Is Ioan telling EU to 'get a life' a personal attack? :laugh: :dozey:

What actions will be taken? :p :

ioan
26th May 2007, 18:49

I was trying to save him from further nervous breakdowns due to hearing or reading about MS. :p :

Big Ben
26th May 2007, 19:52
I was trying to save him from further nervous breakdowns due to hearing or reading about MS. :p :

Well you shouldnīt worry. MS canīt cause me a breakdown.... I find your passion for the guy quite amusing... This fanatic attitude is worthy of a higher purpose...
Am I the only one that things that this is too much?
I donīt really care for you advice... itīs an insult but I couldnīt care less!

"Salutari fratica"

pino
26th May 2007, 22:06

Yes !

What actions will be taken? :p :

Post that and find out yourself...

Valve Bounce
26th May 2007, 22:41
Could stalking one specific forum member, even when he has clearly stated that he would not respond, be taken as a cumulative attack?

ioan
26th May 2007, 22:58
Could stalking one specific forum member, even when he has clearly stated that he would not respond, be taken as a cumulative attack?

Definitely.

Big Ben
26th May 2007, 23:33
Yes !

Post that and find out yourself...

I found it myself.... Another post of mine was deleted...
It seems that rules are tougher for some members than for others... Itīs maybe because itīs so hard to keep track of all his threads not to speak of all his posts... or maybe it's just that some are more equal than others....
My own opinion is that Ioan has serious attitude problems and keeps on insulting people that have different points of view but the mods are just fine with it... they are busy with the rules for the second-class members!

Big Ben
26th May 2007, 23:37

Thatīs your opinion... If I find a interesting or a stupid post Iīll reply no matter who the author is... Itīs just a coincidence that there's one posting so many more than others

As for the rest.. I m just trying to help... Ioan help the mods decide which post stays and which should be deleted... I'm working on the "stupid threads" side... though with little success

Valve Bounce
27th May 2007, 01:28
Thatīs your opinion... If I find a interesting or a stupid post Iīll reply no matter who the author is... Itīs just a coincidence that there's one posting so many more than others

As for the rest.. I m just trying to help... Ioan help the mods decide which post stays and which should be deleted... I'm working on the "stupid threads" side... though with little success

Instead of "replying" to stupid comments, wouldn't it be more enjoyable for everyone, including yourself to partake in meaningful discussions? I come here very often in the Oz daytime and there's very few people here. Why not have discussions with me? We could talk about Sato, and bunsen, and Super Aguri and Honda and even Red Bull and their famous pilots.

raphael123
27th May 2007, 01:35
I wouldn't say Valve the majority of your discussions are very meaningful. They are more 'playful', or one's which end with :p :

I wonder what I've just said will be treated as a personal attack. To me they are factual, Valve uses this forum for 'fun', rather than a proper indepth discussion of F1.

That's not a critizism, or an attack, just a fact. There's nothing wrong for that, but there's not much point in a discussion with a forumer who wants fun, if your looking for a proper discussion.

I guess if this gets deleted - what I've said will be termed a 'personal attack' - even if its factual :(

Valve Bounce
27th May 2007, 01:42
I wouldn't say Valve the majority of your discussions are very meaningful. They are more 'playful', or one's which end with :p :

I wonder what I've just said will be treated as a personal attack. To me they are factual, Valve uses this forum for 'fun', rather than a proper indepth discussion of F1.

That's not a critizism, or an attack, just a fact. There's nothing wrong for that, but there's not much point in a discussion with a forumer who wants fun, if your looking for a proper discussion.

I guess if this gets deleted - what I've said will be termed a 'personal attack' - even if its factual :(

This is the last time I will reply to any of your posts. I have already written a PM to you, telling you in the nicest possible way that I will no longer respond to any of your posts for the sake of peace in this forum. That you choose to continue to stalk me in this forum to snipe at my posts when I do not wish to respond is the situation that you now create.

raphael123
27th May 2007, 01:57
Sorry Valve, surely the mods have not got a problem with fellow forumers commenting on other people's post - hence the use of the 'quote' tool. I'm not even asking you any questions lol!! I don't want anything back from you. And it wasn't even anything negative - unless you think using the forum for fun is bad :dozey:

It's you who choices to read them, no one forces you too, you don't have to if you don't wish too - I think you should consider using the ignore button, and select my name if you find it that distressful :)

Valve Bounce
27th May 2007, 01:58
Sorry Valve, surely the mods have not got a problem with fellow forumers commenting on other people's post - hence the use of the 'quote' tool. I'm not even asking you any questions lol!! I don't want anything back from you. And it wasn't even anything negative - unless you think using the forum for fun is bad :dozey:

It's you who choices to read them, no one forces you too, you don't have to if you don't wish too - I think you should consider using the ignore button, and select my name if you find it that distressful :)

No Comment!

raphael123
27th May 2007, 02:04
No Comment!

:laugh: hehe - I thought u said 'This is the last time I will reply to any of your posts. :p : Sorry, I couldn't resist myself. Don't worry Valve, I wasn't asking, or expecting a reply.

There's no hard feelings from my side :)
Enjoy the race mate :up:

aryan
27th May 2007, 03:30
Guys, could both of you please stop this?

Maybe this thread needs to be closed now, seeing that it is serving no purpose...

Valve Bounce
27th May 2007, 05:10
:laugh: hehe - I thought u said 'This is the last time I will reply to any of your posts. :p : Sorry, I couldn't resist myself. Don't worry Valve, I wasn't asking, or expecting a reply.

There's no hard feelings from my side :)
Enjoy the race mate :up:

No comment.

pino
27th May 2007, 07:01
I found it myself.... Another post of mine was deleted...
It seems that rules are tougher for some members than for others... Itīs maybe because itīs so hard to keep track of all his threads not to speak of all his posts... or maybe it's just that some are more equal than others....
My own opinion is that Ioan has serious attitude problems and keeps on insulting people that have different points of view but the mods are just fine with it... they are busy with the rules for the second-class members!

Rules here are the same for everyone, ioan just got a red card for telling you "get a life" so please read the forum and pay attention on what goes on before posting...

That's not a critizism, or an attack, just a fact. There's nothing wrong for that, but there's not much point in a discussion with a forumer who wants fun, if your looking for a proper discussion

No that's not a personal attack, it's a personal comment which is not allowed in here anymore (go and read ArrowsFA1 1st post) And yes you can have a proper discussion and have fun at the same time. We did that for years and we are determinated to keep it that way...

Thread closed !