PDA

View Full Version : [WRC] Rally Estonia 2022

Pages : [1] 2

AnttiL
15th March 2022, 18:57
The Rally Guide 1 was published on Friday but it tells only a few words about the rally itself:

Our mission is to offer a high level of organisation, an unforgettable experience and extraordinary emotions to the
crews, teams and spectators alike and we are exited that many innovations are waiting ahead in 2022 as well. At
the same time, we are partly returning to our long-standing traditions. The Rally HQ, Media Center and Service
Park are still on the territory of the Estonian National Museum, but after a two-year break, we have brought the Start
and Finish Podium back to the heart of Tartu, to the Town Hall Square, which offers an unforgettable experience
for both the audience and the competitors on the podium. The Powerstage is the legendary Kambja Special Stage,
but in a slightly new format - the finish of the stage and the spectacular Powerstage podium are located inbetween
the picturesque lakes of Leigo, where after watching the exciting finale of the the event, the spectators can applaud
to the winners at the Powerstage podium ceremony.
In 2022 we are welcoming the Estonian Rally Championship drivers to join in at the rally weekend. Round 4 of
Estonan Rally Championsip will be run as a separate event where approximately 40 cars of the national classes
will drive SSS1, SS4, SS5, SS10, SS11, SS12, SS13 after the first passage of the WRC rally participants.

Nice to see Kambja again as the power stage, last year's stage was horrible.

ToKu
1st April 2022, 09:03
It seems that there will be no compulsory fan sectors or am I wrong?

cali
2nd April 2022, 07:19
It seems that there will be no compulsory fan sectors or am I wrong?No, you're not mistaken. After last years ticket sales fiasko it was the only thing reasonable they could do. Definitely going now myself as well.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

flat_right
4th April 2022, 10:55
It seems that there will be no compulsory fan sectors or am I wrong?

There are no compulsory fan sectors but you still can't go and choose your own random place. There are 80 unique fan areas where people can go and watch. They are not available yet (at least I haven't seen them) so can't tell which they are, how they look and are they worth the money.

But still, it is way better than last two years which have been total BS.

AnttiL
4th April 2022, 10:59
IIRC the previous compulsory areas were made to prevent spreading of COVID-19, to keep same small group of people in the same place throughout the rally. If that is not a problem anymore, they can just let people choose which spectator areas they go to spectate on.

cali
4th April 2022, 11:39
IIRC the previous compulsory areas were made to prevent spreading of COVID-19, to keep same small group of people in the same place throughout the rally. If that is not a problem anymore, they can just let people choose which spectator areas they go to spectate on.Not quite so. The idea behind it was as a new innovative way to organize rallyes and thats how you avoid also traffic jams. As far as I've heard the initial idea was to keep this approach but last years ticket sales was a wakeup call and the system was ditched

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

denkimi
5th April 2022, 11:14
IIRC the previous compulsory areas were made to prevent spreading of COVID-19, to keep same small group of people in the same place throughout the rally. If that is not a problem anymore, they can just let people choose which spectator areas they go to spectate on.
That was one of those briliant ideas to stop an contagious disease. Instead of spreading people out along the stage, put them all close together in closed spaces. 🙄

TypeR
5th April 2022, 15:04
brilliant idea or not.. I assume it was one of the ways to get the WRC event to Estonia and continue the whole season.

Was it necessary last year.. don't know. Couldn't go either year because of different regulations, but hopefully can go to Estonia and see the rally myself this year..

flat_right
6th April 2022, 09:19
I agree that in 2020 it was a good idea how to get WRC going again. Estonians and rest of the world were hungry for WRC and the tickets were sold basically in 1 hour.

Last year, when they saw the benefits (equally spread spectators in their own bubble, no massive traffic jams, fewer security on the stages, super good ticket sales etc) they thought that let's repeat but I personally think that people didn't like this format where you can't choose your own place. From 5-6 spectator areas, where you were allowed to go, only 1-2 were worth it. Also the ticket price was quite high for this kind of format. Would have been okayish, if I could have been able to choose my own locations but not like this...

Maybe you have had the same idea or impression but with WRC (or actually any other bigger event), you need to have the hard core fan or someone who is following a lot. That person is like the catalyst. Usually you won't go alone, you have friends and girlfriends, children and if this so-called catalyst feels that this is not worth the money, then usually this whole group of people won't go. But this hard core fan, who has usually been to previous events, knows that if there is no option to choose the stage, then they would rather not go. Or at least I felt this way and I think last year it was the case many times... Many people felt that this was not worth it and organized a gathering at home and watched it on WRC all live.

AnttiL
29th April 2022, 18:46
24 stages

http://planetemarcus.com/saison-wrc/wrc-rallye-estonie-2022/

EstWRC
29th April 2022, 19:36
24 stages

Where did he get the info?

I don’t find anything on Rally Estonia page etc

No announcements today

AnttiL
29th April 2022, 20:03
All 2021 Saturday stages are now run on Friday.
Peipsiääre is now 1 km longer. This is the stage where Kalle made a huge time last year.
Mustvee is 5 km longer
Raanitsa is 1 km shorter
Vatsemoisa is the same

Neeruti and Elva are moved from Sunday to Saturday, lengths are similar
Otepää is moved from Friday to Saturday, length is similar
Mäeküla was run in 2020, not in 2021, now 4 km shorter. This is in place of the Arula stage, which has been partly on same roads.

Raadi is probably last year's horrible power stage, length is similar
Kanepi is moved from Friday to Sunday, length is similar. This is the stage where Tänak went off.
Kambja is moved from Friday to Sunday is again the power stage like in 2020. Length is a bit shorter and we've been told there's a new ending.

Seems like less new than last year, but it's fine after changing almost everything last year. And of course there could be direction changes or other surprises under the same title. I liked most of last year's stages, but sad to see the dreadful Raadi stage still retaining...

EstWRC
29th April 2022, 20:45
I still don’t get it where you guys got the info

WRCStan
29th April 2022, 22:00
I still don’t get it where you guys got the info

It's buried deep in the Supplementary Regs (https://rallyestonia.com/userfiles/WRCRE2022_SR_v4_290422.pdf), published today.

Tauri_J
30th April 2022, 06:07
Antti, power stage will finish at Leigo.

EstWRC
30th April 2022, 06:12
It's buried deep in the Supplementary Regs (https://rallyestonia.com/userfiles/WRCRE2022_SR_v4_290422.pdf), published today.

I see, thanks

Why I was asking because usually they announce everything in A big way

stanm3
6th May 2022, 14:17
Hi, I plan to arrive at the rally Estonia this year. I have a question about rally passes. Looks like it can't be sent to another country. Will it be possible to buy them in Otepaa during the rally? Will their price rise over time?

flat_right
7th May 2022, 18:46
Hi, I plan to arrive at the rally Estonia this year. I have a question about rally passes. Looks like it can't be sent to another country. Will it be possible to buy them in Otepaa during the rally? Will their price rise over time?

Hi! I just checked and it seems that they send to other countries (see the screenshot link below. I chose Germany just as an example but also Finland etc were available). I'm like 99% sure that there will be some option that you could buy the pass during the event. It would be a bad business decision for the organizers for not doing so. I think many people just decide based on the mood, weather etc. Maybe someone who knows how it was last year can confirm that. And I don't believe that the price would increase. The ticket is already quite expensive and I can't imagine it going higher. But anyway, hope you get your ticket and welcome!

https://www.upload.ee/image/14120407/Screenshot_3.png

stanm3
7th May 2022, 19:04
Ooh, you' re right. I had to be blind.. Thanks for the info. I'm really looking forward to attending this rally. Greetings from the Czech Republic.

EstWRC
18th May 2022, 10:36
https://youtu.be/1HW5fZ8F5cE

Betsafe podcast with Rally Estonia organizers.

- the spectating is more free this year. They say kinda like in Rally Finland with long spectating areas but There will be traffic jams because it’s more free to move
- 2 stages only exactly identical to last year, the others have been changed more or less
- Russian and Belarusian drivers won’t be allowed to participate, also with neutral flags. It’s not Rally Estonia decision but goes back to higher sport unions decision in Estonia in general
- Trucks are not allowed to participate in national class during the rally because FIA doesn’t like the lines they create. This is also the reason why Vanagas hasn’t been the zero car with his Dakar car, crowd loved it but FIA doesn’t
- Peipsiääre will have amazing jumps in the beginning of the stage according to Urmo. Also they changed the way the cars enter the Selgise quarry
- Aava expects the average to be 106km/h. Last year was 109
- The spectator app will show you traffic, how many parking spots there will be and etc
- The power stage finish will be exactly at lake Leigo. The podium will be in the middle of the lake

AnttiL
18th May 2022, 10:40
- The power stage finish will be exactly at lake Leigo. The podium will be in the middle of the lake

Must be this

https://www.rally-maps.com/Rally-Estonia-2021/Kambja#/gps/58.135728,26.55476

stanm3
19th May 2022, 05:47
The organizers have created nearly 80 unique spectator areas for all rally fans, from which each spectator can put together a pleasant program for the entire rally weekend.

What exactly does that mean? Will all other places, except these 80 areas, be banned for spectators?

EstWRC
19th May 2022, 06:07
Don’t know exactly yet. They weren’t specific about that

Need to wait for more info. All they said was that you can go to every stage with the pass

flat_right
19th May 2022, 07:22
The organizers have created nearly 80 unique spectator areas for all rally fans, from which each spectator can put together a pleasant program for the entire rally weekend.

What exactly does that mean? Will all other places, except these 80 areas, be banned for spectators?

I'm pretty sure it means exactly that otherwise they would have stated that although we have created 80 areas, you don't actually have to go there. I can't quote it by heart but the head of security said that we are moving back towards the "wild" days of spectating where you could go everywhere.

To elaborate more on it, then they said that this year it will be more like Rally Finland spectator areas. The longest area is about 3km long, so you can go and hike along the road and choose your own place.

pantealex
19th May 2022, 15:16
head of security said that we are moving back towards the "wild" days of spectating where you could go everywhere.

so you can go and hike along the road and choose your own place.

Everybody just must remember that in WRC events walking on road ends 1 hour (or even earlier) before 1st car.
so getting to (and going back to your car) your own place could be difficult walk.

ArviPommer
26th May 2022, 16:40
https://sport.tv3.ee/wrc/video-tanavuse-rally-estonia-reedene-paev-viib-soitjad-tartust-peipsi-poole-trampliinide-ja-tehniliste-kurvide-korval-on-soitjatel-vaja-lahendada-veel-uks-usna-keeruline-ulesanne/?fbclid=IwAR3mCCgPH_6ZtiKvpco2j8DseCEszZjGmMn300PH vlokLQmTFuB82vhGEcE Selgise stage

ArviPommer
6th June 2022, 14:41
https://www.rallyestonia.com/en/spectators/general-information/maps/

AnttiL
7th June 2022, 04:43
https://www.rallyestonia.com/en/spectators/general-information/maps/

It looks like:

Shakedown same as before
Super special same as before but reversed

Peipsiääre has beginning modified with new spectator area (huge jumps(?))
Mustvee has new small road loop behind the tarmac road
Raanitsa shortened majorly from the end
Vastsemoisa same as before

Elva reversed (so it starts from rallycross track)
Mäekülä start from 2020 stage and end from 2020 Arula. Start is also extended to the tarmac main road.
Otepää almost same as before (sharing a short section with Vatsemoisa) with a new small road section at the end
Neeruti has new beginning

Raadi last year's power stage now reversed
Kanepi same as before
Kambja start is the same, turns onto a new road and then ending is reversed into a new finish location.

stanm3
7th June 2022, 06:54
Spectators are not allowed to bring own food and drinks to the spectator areas
Will this really be controlled, which way? I can't imagine everyone checking their backpacks

EstWRC
7th June 2022, 07:16
This has been the rule all the years but don’t remember them controlling it.

Have went in with my bottle of water and beers easily

AnttiL
10th June 2022, 17:29
https://www.rally-maps.com/Rally-Estonia-2022

Two things went unnoticed for me: the super special is also reversed now, and Otepää ending has a new short small road section. So only two stages are same as last year, like someone said earlier: Kanepi and Vastsemoisa.

ArviPommer
11th June 2022, 20:25
https://sport.postimees.ee/7541861/rally-estoniale-tehti-esialgne-pakkumine-wrc-sarjas-jatkamiseks Rally Estonia WRC until 2026?

Eli
12th June 2022, 06:58
https://sport.postimees.ee/7541861/rally-estoniale-tehti-esialgne-pakkumine-wrc-sarjas-jatkamiseks Rally Estonia WRC until 2026?

They said that after seeing the Safari Rally Kenya organizers striking a deal with the promoter until 2027(6?) they said they’d aim their rally to participate until 2026 where as before they were just looking for next year.

Franky
12th June 2022, 08:47
To sum up. There are two options, to go year-by-year or do a long term deal. They'd prefer a long term one but it's still necessary to "talk" with all parties involved in Estonia as well. They'd like to continue being the innovative event and to keep developing, not to rest on the already achieved level. Also mentioned that they are on the look for a title sponsor who'd bring around half a million to the budget. For two years there hasn't been a title sponsor.

ToKu
14th June 2022, 08:41
I've got a question about rally passes. Can't find information if they will be availiable to buy in Otepaa during the rally? Gas station, fan merchandise shop etc.? If the answer is somwhere on the rally site, I can't find it. Thanks in advance for any info on the issue.

cali
14th June 2022, 09:09
I've got a question about rally passes. Can't find information if they will be availiable to buy in Otepaa during the rally? Gas station, fan merchandise shop etc.? If the answer is somwhere on the rally site, I can't find it. Thanks in advance for any info on the issue.

Online shop only
https://rallyestonia.com/en/shop/

Oliverk
14th June 2022, 09:23
I´m pretty that sure passes are sold in Circle K stations also.

Andre Oliveira
17th June 2022, 14:09
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FVdcpITWYAAbZoh?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FVdcpITWYAQmyZw?format=jpg&name=large

flat_right
17th June 2022, 16:26
There is a pressure from media and public not to allow any Russian or Belarussian drivers to the rally. Urmo Aava (rally director) has said it publicly that they are not allowed to participate and their wish has been forwarded to FIA and promotor already earlier. And they don't even want to allow this scheme that you could participate under some other flag (be it neutral or some "my grandmother has X nationality). So probably Gryazin will not participate.

WRCStan
17th June 2022, 18:15
There is a pressure from media and public not to allow any Russian or Belarussian drivers to the rally. Urmo Aava (rally director) has said it publicly that they are not allowed to participate and their wish has been forwarded to FIA and promotor already earlier. And they don't even want to allow this scheme that you could participate under some other flag (be it neutral or some "my grandmother has X nationality). So probably Gryazin will not participate.

Too right, Agent Gryazin winning WRC2 would be the shot heard around the world!

Pathetic.

EstWRC
17th June 2022, 20:02
Aava said in that Betsafe podcast for SURE that Russian and Belarusian driver are not allowed

Interesting

Eli
17th June 2022, 20:30
Aava said in that Betsafe podcast for SURE that Russian and Belarusian driver are not allowed

Interesting

Yet the entry list published today shows a different picture, who knows, still enough time to change beforehand.

Päss1928
18th June 2022, 07:01

Interesting

What is also interesting is something else Kruus mentioned in that podcast - if they are allowed to start, how will the organisers guarantee their safety during the rally? I can't really imagine how serious of a problem it would be, but surely something to at least think about. This could potentially turn into something bigger, or what do you think about it?

RS
18th June 2022, 09:09
What is also interesting is something else Kruus mentioned in that podcast - if they are allowed to start, how will the organisers guarantee their safety during the rally? I can't really imagine how serious of a problem it would be, but surely something to at least think about. This could potentially turn into something bigger, or what do you think about it?

I don’t think Estonians are that feral that they’d attack anyone just for being Russian? Whole thing’s a nonsense anyway.. Putin isn’t gonna pull his troops from Ukraine because Nikolay Gryazin wasn’t allowed to start Rally Estonia is he?

WRCStan
18th June 2022, 10:28

It's a legitimate point but let the police and government agencies decide and define this. Not the job of the media or rally organisers.

Not much will change for 2023, this is long term. Estonia could drop off the calendar if a) the safety of competitors can't be guaranteed, or b) the organiser can't accept internationalism. We already saw 'Russian/Belarussian' driver continue with Toksport on rounds within the EU so it's not a restriction of bloc laws.

ToKu
18th June 2022, 12:45
I don’t think Estonians are that feral that they’d attack anyone just for being Russian? Whole thing’s a nonsense anyway.. Putin isn’t gonna pull his troops from Ukraine because Nikolay Gryazin wasn’t allowed to start Rally Estonia is he?

What is the point of doing anything then? He is still massacring Ukrainians, so sanctions are nonsense too.

WRCStan
18th June 2022, 14:27
What is the point of doing anything then? He is still massacring Ukrainians, so sanctions are nonsense too.

May I politely request to keep this thread on topic, there is a thread called 'Situation in Ukraine' in 'Chit Chat'.

mknight
18th June 2022, 22:06
May I politely request to keep this thread on topic, there is a thread called 'Situation in Ukraine' in 'Chit Chat'.

Read your own pathetic post #40, then delete this and stop beeing a textbook hypocrite.

WRCStan
18th June 2022, 22:35
Read your own pathetic post #40, then delete this and stop beeing a textbook hypocrite.

#40 was a shitpost but was a response to the attitude of the rally organiser. Inviting a discussion on the efficacy of sanctions, military tactics, political decisions and so on as I guess ToKu meant, will probably have this thread descend into chaos a month before the rally even starts. Sure though I did get pot/kettle vibes anyway.

mknight
19th June 2022, 05:17
The "attitude" of the rally organizer is perfectly easy to understand.
Multiple officials of a certain country have repeatedly declared that Estonia doesn't have a right to exist. (and also "rewoked" independence of Lithuania recently btw.)

Now rally Estonia has both direct and indirect support of Estonian officials (and taxpayers money).

In this situation it certainly might be a problem for them to give prizes (given usually by local state officials) and generally just using taxpayers money on someone representing Automobile Federation of that country.

So the only real news is that they might be against drivers starting under "neutral" flags like FIA or 3rd countries (RAF is not neutral). But I guess someone has a certain incident in Portugal in mind.

meh
28th June 2022, 08:09
Situation is solved on the gov level - Estonian government disallow them (Nikolai Grjazin, Konstantin Aleksandrov) to enter to the country from 23th June to 18th of July.

News in estonian: https://sport.delfi.ee/artikkel/120027490/eesti-riik-kehtestas-rally-estoniale-tulla-soovinud-venemaa-rallipaarile-sissesoidukeelu

TypeR
28th June 2022, 19:13
sounds good :)
rusia is large, can drive greml championship if needed :)

AnttiL
4th July 2022, 06:04
Route preview

https://itgetsfasternow.com/2022/07/04/route-preview-rally-estonia-2022/

Changes on all the stages except two.

Rallyper
11th July 2022, 07:40
Don´t forget Pickems. Closing time Thursday 19.30 CEST.

Fast Eddie WRC
11th July 2022, 09:15
A defining rally for Breen...

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/estonia-will-define-breens-m-sport-season/

AnttiL
11th July 2022, 15:15
Rain on the forecast. Interesting sporting wise but of course not nice for spectators

EstWRC
11th July 2022, 15:56
Rain on the forecast. Interesting sporting wise but of course not nice for spectators

well, tomorrow is the worst. After that just showers here and there it seems according to our national weather forecast.

But generally speaking it has been so dry this year up to last week, not much rain at all. At least in Tallinn where I live.

bandit12
11th July 2022, 16:01
https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/latvala-millener-and-moncet-to-race-each-other-in-estonia/
Sounds like fun

Fast Eddie WRC
12th July 2022, 09:26
Encouraging PET for M-Sport.

https://dirtfish.com/archive/m-sport-quietly-confident-for-estonia/

Lead
12th July 2022, 14:14
Cant find any info at official website, but is it possible to buy rally pass (day pass) at the entrance of the special stage? How was it last year?

Prill99
12th July 2022, 15:37
Cant find any info at official website, but is it possible to buy rally pass (day pass) at the entrance of the special stage? How was it last year?https://www.rallyestonia.com/en/shop Can buy day pass. 35.-

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Kestask
12th July 2022, 16:11
Maybe someone can answer, will it be possible to buy a ticket when entering at the stage? Or only in circle k

Lead
12th July 2022, 16:13
Maybe someone can answer, will it be possible to buy a ticket when entering at the stage? Or only in circle k
That was my question also.

AnttiL
12th July 2022, 16:29
well, tomorrow is the worst. After that just showers here and there it seems according to our national weather forecast.

But generally speaking it has been so dry this year up to last week, not much rain at all. At least in Tallinn where I live.

yr.no is now giving 20 mm of rain on Thursday for Otepää.

https://www.yr.no/en/forecast/daily-table/2-589782/Estonia/Valgamaa/Otep%C3%A4%C3%A4%20vald/Otep%C3%A4%C3%A4

TypeR
12th July 2022, 16:46
should be quite clear..

RALLY PASS INFORMATION
WRC Rally Estonia rally passes can be purchased by all rally fans at Circle K stations across Estonia and also at the Welcome Office located in the Sports Hall of the University of Tartu (address Ujula street 4, Tartu).

WRCStan
12th July 2022, 17:05
Does anybody know if I can use an umbrella?

Edit: "Yes, but it is strongly recommended to use a raincoat." https://www.rallyestonia.com/en/spectators/faq/

svstock
12th July 2022, 18:46
Your pick!
https://strawpoll.com/polls/1MnwvMDe1y7 OVERALL WINNERS (closes 15.07.2022 / 07:45)
https://strawpoll.com/polls/w4nWD3oJlgA POWER STAGE WINNERS (closes 17.07.2022 / 14:00)
Vote now!

flat_right
12th July 2022, 20:50
This is a section from Mustvee stage SS3 and SS7. Surely one of the trickiest places during the rally, especially during the second pass when there will definitely be some ruts as this is a newly built road (soft). And add some of the predicted rain which will make it even more slippery and softer.

https://streamable.com/axl0gl
I removed the Estonian voice over with a hopefully more familiar sound

EstWRC
13th July 2022, 06:46
https://scontent.ftll2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/293443992_5496313910411616_6996774152383397039_n.j pg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=oIqvOhwu8_sAX-QdsW5&tn=qqmX-Xo656z96fek&_nc_ht=scontent.ftll2-1.fna&oh=00_AT_IobB99-EmkNJKX4dh7ULf9YoPthDTDArBJ_LorswyEA&oe=62D439D5
https://scontent.ftll2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/292559652_5496313920411615_2634795498549161824_n.j pg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=NC_7kpSQ2HMAX8_hm7k&tn=qqmX-Xo656z96fek&_nc_ht=scontent.ftll2-1.fna&oh=00_AT8kNQMwr9S4cziVdk8bInrKHk7bJgiTRGu2rlydvLmZ nQ&oe=62D3409D
https://scontent.ftll2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/293056485_5496313923744948_7502142014165849744_n.j pg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=n2Bb0thIiiAAX9eJCtG&tn=qqmX-Xo656z96fek&_nc_ht=scontent.ftll2-1.fna&oh=00_AT9hhQYOSqbkok0J799Ftb-qcyOyqI-YohPOl3BvAtyuNg&oe=62D3238A
https://scontent.ftll2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/293244390_5496313913744949_5855781795836938686_n.j pg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=aZjpMroh6usAX83oK8y&tn=qqmX-Xo656z96fek&_nc_ht=scontent.ftll2-1.fna&oh=00_AT9AJTI3Vz_HHzA3jsGdo1nEmmRfVPk0ieKsVtsyLPBN dg&oe=62D3C1F6

AnttiL
13th July 2022, 07:48
https://scontent.ftll2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/293443992_5496313910411616_6996774152383397039_n.j pg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=oIqvOhwu8_sAX-QdsW5&tn=qqmX-Xo656z96fek&_nc_ht=scontent.ftll2-1.fna&oh=00_AT_IobB99-EmkNJKX4dh7ULf9YoPthDTDArBJ_LorswyEA&oe=62D439D5

Looks quite damaged...

Eli
13th July 2022, 08:03
Are all the roads in the stages like that and also does anyone know how much rain is expected during the weekend?

EstWRC
13th July 2022, 08:27
no all arent like that, quite a storm hit some of the stages yesterday, even trees fell down

today no rain is expected, on next days showers here and there but not for the whole day

TheUsualSpectator
13th July 2022, 10:41
Hey! Can some local suggest best stages to attend or just share some info about tricky places to visit?

EstWRC
13th July 2022, 14:24
https://scontent.ftll2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/293621838_1552882018447311_5114721244686702695_n.j pg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=0GTmgUgDu28AX_uwktJ&_nc_ht=scontent.ftll2-1.fna&oh=00_AT_pp927UKyxD1lynCqY7CenIpUWwCJim77V4jx-bHpdwg&oe=62D3A82B
https://scontent.ftll2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/293598926_1552882015113978_822598171244631043_n.jp g?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=CdAAJfcYGPcAX9tn-El&tn=qqmX-Xo656z96fek&_nc_ht=scontent.ftll2-1.fna&oh=00_AT_jPBPpWCfh5D84UO5OC2CNb0c3EHFVb3e81sB1Ytay IA&oe=62D4AE00
https://scontent.ftll2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/293531617_1552882118447301_6043539350290229966_n.j pg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=-1uxq-KJ9UsAX9XEjOJ&_nc_ht=scontent.ftll2-1.fna&oh=00_AT9olMFZhvZUFaHctL6j2KlOj41iC4NFZ3aZ1mSMi5f_ Jw&oe=62D3A027
https://scontent.ftll2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/293479321_1552882148447298_4124977493561594667_n.j pg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=KOgtsxuf8EAAX_Cv_9W&_nc_ht=scontent.ftll2-1.fna&oh=00_AT927i_LoLlZG3haw8gXEdoLLzq0mFQid6KBdpixvTOP rQ&oe=62D3F7AF

drive
13th July 2022, 17:44
Any has made google rally map?

EstWRC
13th July 2022, 19:10
Tänaks helmet for this event, celebrating 5 years with Betsafe

https://scontent.ftll2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/293466375_583919916433605_8029925054134478778_n.jp g?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=KQHYTeyQuKIAX_4rNzR&_nc_ht=scontent.ftll2-1.fna&oh=00_AT9d0gWBgP5LpjzfO1EEDdblp_AgXEhkcqO9jyFk4t-KVw&oe=62D3C6E3
https://scontent.ftll2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/293667694_583919923100271_1243619848219761963_n.jp g?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=skEoQ_D_VksAX-GCdOF&tn=qqmX-Xo656z96fek&_nc_ht=scontent.ftll2-1.fna&oh=00_AT8S2diVzGc7qIk1IcWGSSmUA6rqLLpPn1HRYuREsomz Qw&oe=62D4DDF8

satnav
13th July 2022, 22:04
Any has made google rally map?

Planetemarcus has as always a google earth map for the rally.

Tauri_J
14th July 2022, 03:27
Heavy rain moving on to shakedown area

https://vana.ilmateenistus.ee/ilm/ilmavaatlused/radaripildid/komposiitpilt/

EstWRC
14th July 2022, 04:47
Proper rain now 20km away from the stage now according to my friend

Unfortunately couldn’t make it to the shakedown myself but will be on stages the next days

Tauri_J
14th July 2022, 05:31
I'm on shakedown. A little break from rain but should get a lot worse in no time.

Got Mail
14th July 2022, 05:39
Neuville still in service?

AnttiL
14th July 2022, 05:51
Shakedown live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1oUqN-Rivg

AnttiL
14th July 2022, 06:04
Fastest time on the shakedown first pass last year was 2:57.6. Currently the fastest time is 3:00.0

Tauri_J
14th July 2022, 06:04
By the looks of it Craig was fastest in our plac

E: time is shit though

EstWRC
14th July 2022, 06:15
The Toyotas seem so good

Will be difficult

Eli
14th July 2022, 06:22
The Toyotas seem so good

Will be difficult

From the outside they look to be changing direction quicker & more precise than the others, even Lappi who’s new here was looking fast and had the fastest time.

EstWRC
14th July 2022, 06:53
Well for me it was sure already before the rally that it will be Kalle vs Ott but it seems Lappi will be also maybe joining them

We will see. Will be interesting one with the weather and some Estonian experts saying that some of the new parts are tricky as hell and whoever has confidence there can make up big time

satukata
14th July 2022, 07:04
Toyota really strong. If it´s raining tomorrow Kalle will win again!

AnttiL
14th July 2022, 07:35
Rumors of Katsuta rolled

AnttiL
14th July 2022, 07:41
https://twitter.com/ewrcresults/status/1547487957845680129?s=21&t=NTaZYGuQIieeMQXU3DazUA

AnttiL
14th July 2022, 10:08
https://twitter.com/saarijarno/status/1547525105676439552?s=21&t=NTaZYGuQIieeMQXU3DazUA

TypeR
14th July 2022, 10:25
When was the last time, that WRC crews did so many runs on SD..? :O
Almost everybody 4, Lappi and Neuville 5 runs..

Fast Eddie WRC
14th July 2022, 12:40
Maybe it's been discussed before or elsewhere, but this engine development by Toyota and also Hyundai which each has announced here - wasn't the development of the 1.6 WRC engines supposed to be frozen at the end of 2021 ?

eib1
14th July 2022, 12:51
Millener went off at "PET" :)

https://scontent-cdt1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/293223961_5305540939513953_5236220667803223385_n.j pg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=iKulRZvolvQAX9KM23O&_nc_oc=AQlvu44P0yPD0zMcPDUm-f29yM8QqeuUwQVNfhjPfdInsuKiLCq9x6kiZzHvf_oROn4&_nc_ht=scontent-cdt1-1.xx&oh=00_AT_s6d78aw6SNrKyeYuUhp7w657lnFZq-hS3G-2mrJWOYQ&oe=62D4C46E

mearioEnrico
14th July 2022, 12:53
There are still some (small) changes allowed.

TanaKa
14th July 2022, 13:32
Hola partner,,Kalle sera sin contratiempos otra vez ganador y Lappi sin contratiempos sera 3º-4º y l 2º- 3º sera tambien sin contratiempos Ott - Neuville..saludos..

Fast Eddie WRC
14th July 2022, 14:57
There are still some (small) changes allowed.

Clearly enough to mention by Tom Fowler (Toyota)...

"We have put a performance package together ready for Estonia, which consists of a mid-season engine upgrade as normal. This is what we’ve done [in time for the mid-season fast rallies] for the last six years.”

What does a mid-season upgrade consist of these days?

“I think broadly speaking it’s power,” Fowler explains. “Every year we say we’ve gone torque, power, torque, power, torque, power. For the moment we’ve been looking for more power for the simple reason that the electric motor has got torque, so why would you put more of that at this point?

“So yeah, a more powerful engine is coming.”

Kenneth
14th July 2022, 15:14
Maybe it's been discussed before or elsewhere, but this engine development by Toyota and also Hyundai which each has announced here - wasn't the development of the 1.6 WRC engines supposed to be frozen at the end of 2021 ?

Didn't they move deadline for freeze until half of 2022?

mearioEnrico
14th July 2022, 15:15
AFAIK only spark plug, piston, intake and exhaust manifold can be modified.

Add 0.5hp to the previous engine spec and you have a more powerful engine. Marketing is part of the business.

AnttiL
14th July 2022, 15:49
And I think they can do lots with the software

svstock
14th July 2022, 16:44
SS1 Visit Estonia Tartu 1 [1.66 km] Team principals with GAZ rally truck.
Latvala (Team Toyota) 02:06,2
Millener (Team Ford) 02:09,3 (+3,1)
Maciej Woda (FIA Junior WRC Championship Manager) 02:12,9 (+6,7)
Moncet (Team Hyundai) 02:20,8 (+14,6)

logic
14th July 2022, 17:14
And I think they can do lots with the software

Software along with friction losses can amount to as much as 10 more hp.

If they go away from the traditional engine build philosophy you can free up many more HP, where as the usual brief is to have as much torque as possible for drivability. So if you go to add power there are many things within the parameters that you can change to achieve this.

EstWRC
14th July 2022, 17:24
Superb air shots of Tartu!

WRCStan
14th July 2022, 17:30
AFAIK only spark plug, piston, intake and exhaust manifold can be modified.

Add 0.5hp to the previous engine spec and you have a more powerful engine. Marketing is part of the business.

If piston includes conrod length, that can change power and torque through geometry IIRC.

Fast Eddie WRC
14th July 2022, 17:44
I just read that the engine development 'freeze' was actually a freeze of the regulations, not of development of an engine itself within those regulations.

EstWRC
14th July 2022, 18:13
Tänak already with stuck gear …..

wwbroe
14th July 2022, 18:18
Besttime for Breen, that is a surprise

Fast Eddie WRC
14th July 2022, 18:18
Stage win for Breen should keep his confidence high for a rally they have done well on.

focus206
14th July 2022, 18:39
I can't see anyone besides Kalle winning this rally. I'd put Tanak in the fight, but he drives the "amazing quality" car...

Tauri_J
14th July 2022, 20:26
Looks like more of a drier weekend coming now. Some showers in the afternoon from friday-sunday Are possible

Fast Eddie WRC
14th July 2022, 22:20
Shakedown
https://youtu.be/RhsHt6_6Pi4

EstWRC
15th July 2022, 03:31
Good morning guys. Arrived to the spot. Nice sunshine at the moment and didn’t rain during night

satukata
15th July 2022, 04:21
Good morning guys. Arrived to the spot. Nice sunshine at the moment and didn’t rain during night

Is road dry or damp?

EstWRC
15th July 2022, 04:31
The place we are it’s rather dry I would say

Ss2

AnttiL
15th July 2022, 04:46
Tere hommikust! Enjoy your rally on the stages!

AnttiL
15th July 2022, 04:47
Neuville lost 3.8s to Kalle on first split. Tänak is going better.

AnttiL
15th July 2022, 04:56
Katsuta losing a lot, probably just due to the shakedown crash messing with him

Breen down 4.2s on second split.

Tänak going for a great time

dimviii
15th July 2022, 04:56
Early escape for Rovanperä

Kalle Rovanperä at SS2 stage end: "We were lucky, we hit a rock quite hard." There is evident damage on his right rear wheel.

Eli
15th July 2022, 04:57
No stage end interviews this morning? Too early for our wrc+ crews?

AnttiL
15th July 2022, 04:59
No stage end interviews this morning? Too early for our wrc+ crews?

I've seen the interviews well

Kalle clipped a rock, Tänak felt down on power at the end of the stage

In other news Evans is matching Tänak

AnttiL
15th July 2022, 05:01
Greensmith losing already 5.7 on first split. And 13.1 on second. Basically 1 s/km

EstWRC
15th July 2022, 05:02
I've seen the interviews well

Kalle clipped a rock, Tänak felt down on power at the end of the stage

In other news Evans is matching Tänak

I wondered where Tänak lost 0.5 suddenly in the end

Great news again!

AnttiL
15th July 2022, 05:03
Evans now faster than Tänak at split 3

Rallyper
15th July 2022, 05:04
Mawnin´all friends.

Just home from boatvacation in the archipelago of Norrtälje. Interesting three days ahead...

AnttiL
15th July 2022, 05:06
Loubet and Greensmith exactly equal at split 2, both slow.

Big time for Evans, 4s faster than Tänak

EstWRC
15th July 2022, 05:10
What a time from Evans

Him, Tänak and kalle Looked best on our place

Neuville all over the place and Breen looked just slow

AnttiL
15th July 2022, 05:12
Lappi and Solberg also quite slow. Maybe the road already deteriorationg?

AnttiL
15th July 2022, 05:24
Paddon also off the pace

AnttiL
15th July 2022, 05:25
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FXryPpLVsAQh7JA?format=jpg&name=medium

Big gaps. Only Breen to Rovanperä is less than a second.

meh
15th July 2022, 05:32
Quite some differences in times immediately.

And we saw some RC2 cars as well, which is good.

... and the biggest question and worry in Estonia is: what is (or is there) the issue with Tänak's engine...

AnttiL
15th July 2022, 05:33
Huttunen losing a lot already on two first splits

Rally Hokkaido
15th July 2022, 05:35
I noticed quite a lot of ruts. Paddon was the only one who mentioned them.

AnttiL
15th July 2022, 05:40
I noticed quite a lot of ruts. Paddon was the only one who mentioned them.

Yeah, could see them already on the last Rally1 cars

AnttiL
15th July 2022, 05:46
Kalle says it's cleaning a lot

AnttiL
15th July 2022, 05:51
Would love to get translated what Ott and Martin talked at the end of SS3

Päss1928
15th July 2022, 05:52
Would love to get translated what Ott and Martin talked at the end of SS3

Didn't hear the beginning, but in the end Martin said there was an interesting noise.

Rallyper
15th July 2022, 05:53
Lindholm also fast on SS2.

meh
15th July 2022, 06:00
Man of the morning is Evans

satukata
15th July 2022, 06:16
Rallyradio?

Rallyper
15th July 2022, 06:17
Very different approaches in the last corners of SS3. Kalle, Tanak and Solberg seemed to break too much, while Fourmaux, Loubet were very fast, straighten the corners efficient.

Lead
15th July 2022, 06:24
Did I hear correctly? Engine issue for Huttunen on stage 1?

meh
15th July 2022, 06:56
Based on all-live maps, Virves stopped?

edit: moving again.

Not nice addition for Estonians after Kaur's situation.

mearioEnrico
15th July 2022, 07:03
If piston includes conrod length, that can change power and torque through geometry IIRC.

Piston means piston.

Software along with friction losses can amount to as much as 10 more hp.

If they go away from the traditional engine build philosophy you can free up many more HP, where as the usual brief is to have as much torque as possible for drivability. So if you go to add power there are many things within the parameters that you can change to achieve this.

Software is homologated as well.

I just read that the engine development 'freeze' was actually a freeze of the regulations, not of development of an engine itself within those regulations.

Engine development is frozen apart from few parts like I wrote :) The only other way is for reliability reasons.

ouvreur
15th July 2022, 07:05
Very different approaches in the last corners of SS3. Kalle, Tanak and Solberg seemed to break too much, while Fourmaux, Loubet were very fast, straighten the corners efficient.

So fast and efficient that they only finished 17.5 and 18.5 seconds off fastest :spin:

Rallyper
15th July 2022, 07:34
So fast and efficient that they only finished 17.5 and 18.5 seconds off fastest :spin:

I didn´t talk about whole stage, man. Just one corner. Read again, please.

EstWRC
15th July 2022, 07:35
Tänak gives a lot of time away on every stage with second half

Still the power problems?

meh
15th July 2022, 07:38
Toyotas will dominate here again.

ouvreur
15th July 2022, 07:38
I didn´t talk about whole stage, man. Just one corner. Read again, please.

And I'm not saying you did... I just find it quite amusing that your analysis of that corner contrasts so starkly with the actual stage result (other than Solberg)...

Rallyper
15th July 2022, 07:39
Breen off...?

Edit: Off and steering broken.

Rallyper
15th July 2022, 07:39
And I'm not saying you did... I just find it quite amusing that your analysis of that corner contrasts so starkly with the actual stage result (other than Solberg)...

Two completely different matters.

seb_sh
15th July 2022, 07:41
Breen off, that's dissappointing again

and looks like he's out for the day

ouvreur
15th July 2022, 07:44
Two completely different matters.

I disagree - the way a driver drives their car should have some impact on their stage time, shouldn't it? They're not likely to have driven the last few corners differently to how they drove all the preceding ones.

Or, if that isn't the case... what was the purpose of your comment?

I was just trying to have a bit of fun with it...

EstWRC
15th July 2022, 07:48
Evan class of his own

Rallyper
15th July 2022, 07:51
It amuses me when people not can take in a quote and analyse it. Only make fun of it.

I´ve watched rallycars since more than 60 years. I´ve driven rallies myself during around 30 years.
Different approaches of corners is nothing strange, you know.
Maybe you should take a look on the replay and do your own analyse instead of making fun of people.

seb_sh
15th July 2022, 07:53
Everybody except Toyota have started taking themselves out already. Let's see what Tanak and Neuville can still do.

meh
15th July 2022, 07:54
Evan class of his own

Evans is good, but take in account start position as well. Probably we'll see the reality tomorrow when they have similar road position with Rovanperä

Rallyper
15th July 2022, 07:56
Oliver mentally down atm.

ouvreur
15th July 2022, 08:01
It amuses me when people not can take in a quote and analyse it. Only make fun of it.

I´ve watched rallycars since more than 60 years. I´ve driven rallies myself during around 30 years.
Different approaches of corners is nothing strange, you know.
Maybe you should take a look on the replay and do your own analyse instead of making fun of people.

Come on now. I'm not trying to fall out with you, no matter how touchy you are or how hard it seems you are trying to fall out with me.

I don't disagree with much of what you've said. I'm not laughing at what you have said or saying what you think you saw is wrong. If, as you say, Fourmaux and Loubet look faster, it's cute, because their stage times don't reflect that (at least relative to the fastest two or three drivers).

You are correct - there is nothing unusual about drivers taking different lines or moving their cars in different ways. But if you tell me that two guys looked fast and efficient, and those guys set times over 1 second per km slower than the scratch...

TWRC
15th July 2022, 08:16
Lappi also seems a bit lost over driving style issues.

Lead
15th July 2022, 08:18
Great pace from Lindholm so far. Lets see if he can keep it on the road.

Lead
15th July 2022, 08:19
Morning positives - Evans, Lindholm, Kaur
Negative - Lappi, Breen, Solberg

jonkka
15th July 2022, 08:24

He's nursing a brake problem which forces him to brake with right foot.

EstWRC
15th July 2022, 08:34
Evans is good, but take in account start position as well. Probably we'll see the reality tomorrow when they have similar road position with Rovanperä

Maybe

For me it’s more the fact that Toyota is just so much better car

meh
15th July 2022, 08:37

He has brake issues.

EstWRC
15th July 2022, 08:45
I raise my hat Evans

What a drive in morning loop

Rallyper
15th July 2022, 08:46
Come on now. I'm not trying to fall out with you, no matter how touchy you are or how hard it seems you are trying to fall out with me.

I don't disagree with much of what you've said. I'm not laughing at what you have said or saying what you think you saw is wrong. If, as you say, Fourmaux and Loubet look faster, it's cute, because their stage times don't reflect that (at least relative to the fastest two or three drivers).

You are correct - there is nothing unusual about drivers taking different lines or moving their cars in different ways. But if you tell me that two guys looked fast and efficient, and those guys set times over 1 second per km slower than the scratch...

Ok. You win. By lots of words. We see things different and you´re an expert. Not me.
I´m amused by your way of taking in others.

pantealex
15th July 2022, 08:47
I raise my hat Evans

What a drive in morning loop

Looks like "old" Evans is back!

spyros
15th July 2022, 08:55
Looks like "old" Evans is back!

I expect to beat Kale here and at Finland.

meh
15th July 2022, 08:56
I expect to beat Kale here and at Finland.

Without taking away anything from Evans's performance, don't judge before tomorrow, when they have similar road position.

EstWRC
15th July 2022, 09:02
Lappi just 2.6 from Neuville

He will get past for sure when brakes working and the just Tänak between the Toyotas

meh
15th July 2022, 09:16
Maybe

For me it’s more the fact that Toyota is just so much better car

I was just comparing Evans and Rovanperä. If Tänak will not invent some miracle during lunch time, he does not seem to have no response for Toyotas this year.

EstWRC
15th July 2022, 10:06
Tänak admitting he is on the edge and can’t beat the Toyotas in media zone

240RS
15th July 2022, 10:25
Seem to recall Evans having what he felt was a defining PET test in Finland last yea, viz-a-viz set-up. Wondering whether those lessons are being to very good use here! Currently, he is no doubt a step up on everyone!

meh
15th July 2022, 10:39
And Tänak got 10sec penalty for not driving in EV mode somewhere.

jonkka
15th July 2022, 11:07
And Tänak got 10sec penalty for not driving in EV mode somewhere.

No kidding? Ouch, home crowd isn't going to like that.

M3 Jambo
15th July 2022, 11:09
Without taking away anything from Evans's performance, don't judge before tomorrow, when they have similar road position.

Totally agree, remember what happened in Portugal, albeit disadvantage running first may be less here.

Eli
15th July 2022, 11:25
Have to admit that atm at least, the rally isn't the most interesting, Toyota dominating again (or at the very least take the win again), M-Sport are way off now with Breen out for the day, & Rovanperä doesn't have to push for the win as even if Evans does take this one, he'd still be some 60+ points behind, at this point the championship feels like who finished second which is a shame since we did get the new regs for this season.
Still early days in the rally I know, but Toyota's domination is starting to take it's toll, nothing against the rally or the competitors, it just feels like we've seen this situation a few times before this season. I can't stress this enough, I hope Hyundai get their parts together for 2023, so we'll have some competition, also I hope Tänak leaves them for M-Sport or something. I'm aware I'm stating the obvious, it's just a shame we have these (still) magnificent cars yet we're not enjoying them to the full extent, like we did back in 2017.

EstWRC
15th July 2022, 11:45
What a stupid mistake from Ott

It’s over now

Lead
15th July 2022, 11:55
What a stupid mistake from Ott

It’s over now

Its still a long way to go. If it starts raining everything can happen.

Lead
15th July 2022, 11:56
I take my words back about Lappi as negative surprise so far. I hope he can turn it around in the afternoon when brake problem is fixed.

Shame for Breen. This was the rally where he could have showed his real potential.

TWRC
15th July 2022, 12:16
Paddon out with mechanical problems.

jonkka
15th July 2022, 12:27
Neuville falling further and further behind...

flat_right
15th July 2022, 12:33
From onboard it looks like Ott is fighting a lot and pushing like hell and time is not there. Just sad.

jonkka
15th July 2022, 12:38
It seems that Lappi will pass Neuville to 4th overall.

meh
15th July 2022, 12:41
Fourmaux with the same time as Evans on split 1... a bit scary.

edit: 7.2sec down on split 2

Rallyper
15th July 2022, 13:22
Does All Live work for you?

EstWRC
15th July 2022, 13:23
I don’t get it

Tänak is fastest basically in first splits the whole day then loses a lot after that

Eli
15th July 2022, 13:24

No

meh
15th July 2022, 13:25

Nope. Down. Seems like "Made by Hyundai". If to quote fellow country-man, then: "The quality is amazing"

Prill99
15th July 2022, 13:30
In Estonia TV ITS working.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

rp
15th July 2022, 13:32

That´s why I have also CMore. It´s working, when WRC+ is down.

PLuto
15th July 2022, 13:33
From onboard it looks like Ott is fighting a lot and pushing like hell and time is not there. Just sad.

Sometimes pushing like a hell doesnt meen to have good times. Often it is better to push little bit less, drive more precisely and time will be better...

Eli
15th July 2022, 13:33
Later on we'll hear an "Apologies for us" by the great commentators, and as to making sure these things don't happen again, they'll just copy paste the same response for next time.

meh
15th July 2022, 13:34
Meanwhile in rally, Rovanperä took 5.5sec back from Evans.

jonkka
15th July 2022, 13:35
Evans' clean run of stage wins comes to an end.

dimviii
15th July 2022, 13:35
ss8

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FXthHArVQAAc-rM?format=jpg&name=900x900
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FXtjKIRVEAA0J01?format=jpg&name=small

Andre Oliveira
15th July 2022, 13:48
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FXtl-sxVsAIsN9c?format=jpg&name=large

dimviii
15th July 2022, 13:52
Sunninen 4,1 from Mikkelsen,Lets see what Lindholm can do.

wwbroe
15th July 2022, 13:59
Sunninen 4,1 from Mikkelsen,Lets see what Lindholm can do.

Lindholm back in front now;)

Lead
15th July 2022, 14:11
Sunninen, Mikkelsen, Lindholm all in 5sec

flat_right
15th July 2022, 14:32
Sometimes pushing like a hell doesnt meen to have good times. Often it is better to push little bit less, drive more precisely and time will be better...

These times you can see from Neuville.

flat_right
15th July 2022, 14:36
It has to be something to do with the web because in Estonia TV3 Sport is showing stages live and I haven’t seen any issues.

ouvreur
15th July 2022, 14:55
ss8

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FXthHArVQAAc-rM?format=jpg&name=900x900
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FXtjKIRVEAA0J01?format=jpg&name=small

Careful now, don't leave your phone there, it might get damaged...

WRCStan
15th July 2022, 15:29
Martijn W did not look well at all at the end of this stage.

er88
15th July 2022, 15:31
Kalle is going to catch Evans isn't he.....

dimviii
15th July 2022, 15:36
Sunninen now 1,9 from Mikkelsen

EstWRC
15th July 2022, 15:38
Tänak gave up? Sorry wasn’t able to follow

rp
15th July 2022, 15:42

Of course he will.

Sulland
15th July 2022, 15:55
On gravelrallies drivers should not have to drive same stages twice. Must be scary with these deep ruts!

Fast Eddie WRC
15th July 2022, 16:03
Amazing quality from Hyundai (yet again).

EstWRC
15th July 2022, 16:03
This is just ridiculous…..

bandit12
15th July 2022, 16:06
Is Alzenau a big village?

WRCStan
15th July 2022, 16:07
I look forward to the video compilation of all these comical things.

EstWRC
15th July 2022, 16:08
And the luck Kalle has is also kinda ridiculous

rp
15th July 2022, 16:08
Kalle will win all the remaining rounds! Not so good for the rallying...

er88
15th July 2022, 16:09
Fucking hell Evans

TypeR
15th July 2022, 16:09
Shelter on a desert island..

Fast Eddie WRC
15th July 2022, 16:10

No sooner said than done.

Fast Eddie WRC
15th July 2022, 16:12
Evans says 'you must've seen' ..er no, All Live just isnt..

EstWRC
15th July 2022, 16:12
Fucking hell Evans

Wasn’t his fault. Conditions just getting a lot worse

Eli
15th July 2022, 16:13
Conditions reminding me of Wales, shame we don’t get that rally at the end of the season after Japan. It’s nice to see when it’s not sunny all the time.

Eli
15th July 2022, 16:21
Rovanpera leading at the end of Friday, where have we seen this before. What do you think guys, will he take the title in Acropolis or only in NZ?

er88
15th July 2022, 16:22
Wasn’t his fault. Conditions just getting a lot worseYep. Just my frustration as soon as I saw the 1st split. Kalle is in Ogier mode now, when you're on the top of your game even the luck goes your way

focus206
15th July 2022, 16:36

Hyundai Shell Mobis VRT (Village Rally Team)

eib1
15th July 2022, 17:20
https://www.facebook.com/100001273602781/videos/785382939487439/

bandit12
15th July 2022, 18:00
Sarcasm in purest form

dimviii
15th July 2022, 18:01
did Kalle had an advantage at last stage?
difference sec/km is more than 2 sec from second faster.

eib1
15th July 2022, 18:07

yes, heavy rain basically followed him

eib1
15th July 2022, 18:17
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/293470732_10216867469038040_5832007592247547677_n. jpg?stp=cp1_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=mOlhUTM3C4gAX8Tsszl&_nc_ht=scontent-arn2-1.xx&oh=00_AT-12-GLL-aHnhBLa5M_kK5GhATvP1TkdX4wkHk88KcypA&oe=62D5FBF1

seems like The Pope himself pushed Loubet back on road :)

edit: video
https://www.facebook.com/groups/rallirahvas/permalink/2046742532174488/

dimviii
15th July 2022, 18:31
yes, heavy rain basically followed him

Is that an advantage at these circumstances/ road position?

EstWRC
15th July 2022, 18:39

Was first on the road when the heavy rain hit. The others Had much worse conditions

jiipee64
15th July 2022, 18:51
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/293470732_10216867469038040_5832007592247547677_n. jpg?stp=cp1_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=mOlhUTM3C4gAX8Tsszl&_nc_ht=scontent-arn2-1.xx&oh=00_AT-12-GLL-aHnhBLa5M_kK5GhATvP1TkdX4wkHk88KcypA&oe=62D5FBF1

seems like The Pope himself pushed Loubet back on road :)

edit: video
https://www.facebook.com/groups/rallirahvas/permalink/2046742532174488/

That video is pure gold (at the end of the rainbow)

bomber21
15th July 2022, 18:58
Solberg thing is not working for Hyundai. He is lost for another rally. Sordo would fight for the podium…

Danny0405
15th July 2022, 20:28
Solberg thing is not working for Hyundai. He is lost for another rally. Sordo would fight for the podium…

Not much sense to send Sordo in a fast gravel event; he would be at best 6th tonight (and maybe worse considering how much time he didn’t drive on fast gravel). Belgium could be more an acceptable bet but clearly not a gift when we see what happened last year to drivers with no experience there.

Not saying promoting Solberg was a good idea but clearly, if you don’t put him here, you won’t put him anywhere.

COD
15th July 2022, 20:54
Not much sense to send Sordo in a fast gravel event; he would be at best 6th tonight (and maybe worse considering how much time he didn’t drive on fast gravel). Belgium could be more an acceptable bet but clearly not a gift when we see what happened last year to drivers with no experience there.

Not saying promoting Solberg was a good idea but clearly, if you don’t put him here, you won’t put him anywhere.

Solberg would have benefitted from another full season in WRC2 imho

steve.mandzij
15th July 2022, 21:07
Solberg would have benefitted from another full season in WRC2 imhoOr two... Even his driving style is wrong, slow and hard on the tyres. The gamble to get two Rovanperäs in the championship backfired big time.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

dimviii
15th July 2022, 21:19
nice clip with Evans
https://twitter.com/autosport/status/1547916871432712192

WRCStan
15th July 2022, 21:59
That video is pure gold (at the end of the rainbow)

https://i.imgur.com/C678kAr.jpg

ANY DREAM WILL DOOOOOO

Hüttünen
16th July 2022, 04:07
Jari Hüttünen was phenomenal once again yesterday in WRC2. He is such a young and promising talent! Everyone in Finland is speaking about him. In 2030’s he will win WRC2 Title. And after Rovanperä era in 2020’s to 2030’s, Huttunen will be there in 2040’s to clean the table in WRC.

Eli
16th July 2022, 06:05

Not sure about a podium as Sordo never excelled in these types of rallies however if any of the Hyundais fail, which we’ve seen happen he would be the one to pick up the pieces which is more than can be said about Solberg Jr.

EstWRC
16th July 2022, 06:27
Wow Ott totally on another level so far compared to others on our place

TypeR
16th July 2022, 06:29
Tanak said their were late on service and have to work on brakes.. Hopefully they just didn't have time to touch them, not being late to TC..

Evans still 1.4 faster, can't beat these Toyotas with Hyundai

Eli
16th July 2022, 06:33

So? You don’t put him anywhere, doesn’t seem like much of a loss, perhaps just the sponsorship money. Besides having Sordo in Ypres wouldn’t be the worse idea, he knows his way around getting the points when he doesn’t know the event.

EstWRC
16th July 2022, 06:33
Evans even crazier!

Kalle wasn’t that commited and Tänak and Evans

bandit12
16th July 2022, 06:51
Did i hear correctly? All live mentioned some kind of oil leak from Tänak's car after stage end interview

Sproaks
16th July 2022, 06:54
Transmission oil they said

Rallyper
16th July 2022, 07:07
What happened to Lindholm late yesterday?

Hüttünen
16th July 2022, 07:12
What happened to Lindholm late yesterday?

He got crushed by Huttunen. Mentally.

TypeR
16th July 2022, 07:14
this photo sums up the current situation in Hyundai pretty good at the moment..
https://www.upload.ee/image/14330498/Screenshot_20220716-101507_Instagram.jpg

Rallyper
16th July 2022, 07:21
He got crushed by Huttunen. Mentally.

Serious questions requires serious answers.