PDA

View Full Version : [WRC] Safari Rally 2022

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Eli
24th June 2022, 13:30
Instead of coming to the events, Ogier should just give his number 1 to Rovanperä to have on his windows ;)

J4MIE
24th June 2022, 13:31
Greek Puma parked up after finish of Kedong 2. Just waiting to go into the sand pit now :bounce:

PLuto
24th June 2022, 13:42
When there is situation with dust and Taka, I would like to know your opinion about this giving times by CoC/stewards from green table when they were slowed by previous driver (dust or just reached him)? In the past, nothing like this happened (I mean times from table), it was counted as "part of rally", but in last months/years they are giving more and more similar times. What do you think about it?

PLuto
24th June 2022, 13:42
Greek Puma parked up after finish of Kedong 2. Just waiting to go into the sand pit now :bounce:

Stage is stopped because of Prokop, who stuck in the middle of sandy road.

J4MIE
24th June 2022, 13:55
Thanks Pluto, we are waiting on start line. Been given a thumbs up that it’ll restart.

MentalParadox
24th June 2022, 13:58
Ben, the WRC+ interviewer: "Seb, you lost 2 minutes and 10 seconds to Kalle, what happened?"
Ogier: "Nothing, we drive Pirelli!"
Becs, the WRC+ commentator: "Mmmh, so we still have no idea on what part of the car the problem is."
Me: *facepalm*

I honestly wonder if WRC+ have some rule or regulation that stops them from criticizing Pirelli, or even acknowledging the existence of anyone else's criticism of Pirelli.

logic
24th June 2022, 14:01
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FWAVwADXoAAuekI?format=jpg&name=medium

well this aged well........ where is M-sport?

Sulland
24th June 2022, 14:03
Ben, the WRC+ interviewer: "Seb, you lost 2 minutes and 10 seconds to Kalle, what happened?"
Becs, the WRC+ commentator: "Mmmh, so we still have no idea on what part of the car the problem is."

I honestly wonder if WRC+ have some rule or regulation that stops them from criticizing Pirelli, or even acknowledging the existence of anyone else's criticism of Pirelli.

They are probably getting too many dinners with x avec, so it is a bit hard to be a critical journalist!

Fast Eddie WRC
24th June 2022, 14:03
well this aged well........ where is M-sport?

Still waiting for Ford to make them a proper factory team.

And they should now as the Puma will be their only car when they end production of the Fiesta & Focus...

https://www.motor1.com/news/593700/ford-focus-production-end-2025/amp/

Fast Eddie WRC
24th June 2022, 14:12
Loeb re-start tomorrow confirmed.

Eli
24th June 2022, 14:16
Loeb re-start tomorrow confirmed.

And also Breen said they would start again tomorrow, apparently it was their steering that failed which made them hit those rocks in the straight part of the stage.

mknight
24th June 2022, 14:26

I think it's worth turning this around.

When Michelin/BF Goodrich was the sole supplier I don't really recall any drivers saying how bad "Michelin" is.
Rather it was "FIA should allow us mousse" or "stages too rough".

This calling names is basically a thing from Østberg last year (who was paid by Michelin the year before) and Ogier (who is French, which does matter in this case).

How Michelin would fare vs Pirelli in this case is completely unknown as they did not start on Safari last year and were never used on Rally1 cars.

The self-censorship on name calling is certainly there, but that's common for everything else that is "single supplier" in WRC.

MentalParadox
24th June 2022, 14:49
I think it's worth turning this around.

When Michelin/BF Goodrich was the sole supplier I don't really recall any drivers saying how bad "Michelin" is.
Rather it was "FIA should allow us mousse" or "stages too rough".

This calling names is basically a thing from Østberg last year (who was paid by Michelin the year before) and Ogier (who is French, which does matter in this case).

How Michelin would fare vs Pirelli in this case is completely unknown as they did not start on Safari last year and were never used on Rally1 cars.

The self-censorship on name calling is certainly there, but that's common for everything else that is "single supplier" in WRC.

Not just Østberg... Pirelli receives similar criticisms in Formula One from a number of drivers for a number of reasons. I don't think you can really dismiss all of that with arguments like "because this guy is French" or "this guy had a deal with rival company x". That can't apply to all of them.

Anyway, they can self-censor all they like, but the part I dislike (and personally, find a little creepy) is when they don't even acknowledge what the driver said. As if they literally did not hear it. I'm not asking them to agree with Ogier. Just at least admit he said what he said. You're supposed to be journalists! When the interests of a corporation and the journalists interviewing them become too entangled, they cease to be journalists and become an unofficial PR department of that corporation.

WRCStan
24th June 2022, 15:24
You're supposed to be journalists! When the interests of a corporation and the journalists interviewing them become too entangled, they cease to be journalists and become an unofficial PR department of that corporation.

Do you think you'll ever come round to believe your own explanation of what'll happen is already happening as intended?

WRCStan
24th June 2022, 15:35

Becs said: Not giving us much info on where on the car that puncture was.... moves on to Solberg on screen.

seb_sh
24th June 2022, 15:54
Becs said: Not giving us much info on where on the car that puncture was.... moves on to Solberg on screen.

I understood she said we don't know which part of the car has the problem as in which tyre was punctured. We only had some in car footage of him stopping so the context was we didn't know which tyre was punctured. It hadn't occurred to me she might be "censoring" and i don't think she was. Of course the official commentators won't emphasize Pirelli complaints buy to say they are censoring is perhaps reading too much into it.

mknight
24th June 2022, 15:56
Not just Østberg... Pirelli receives similar criticisms in Formula One from a number of drivers for a number of reasons. I don't think you can really dismiss all of that with arguments like "because this guy is French" or "this guy had a deal with rival company x". That can't apply to all of them.

In Formula 1 every brand gets a lot of criticism, Michelin certainly did when they retired all cars from US GP back in 2006? or so.

What I was pointing out is how nobody was naming tire brand in WRC before even om cases with same number of punctures (Østberg). But with Pirelli a few drivers suddenly use the brand name all the time.

I think AnttiL at some point even compared number of punctures over a few rallies and they were the same.

WRCStan
24th June 2022, 16:11
When there is situation with dust and Taka, I would like to know your opinion about this giving times by CoC/stewards from green table when they were slowed by previous driver (dust or just reached him)? In the past, nothing like this happened (I mean times from table), it was counted as "part of rally", but in last months/years they are giving more and more similar times. What do you think about it?

Interesting one, increasingly important that every tenth counts. Can't blame a competitor for trying but what point does it become a nuisance for the Coc/stewards to be reviewing video, making judgements and doing maths over more small things. Their call to have a tough stance when it matters.

Taka's leg stages:
+0.88s/km
+0.1
+0.24
+0.22
+0.03
+0.99

Only has first split in his favour to go off, lost time to Kalle at the end of the stage which had nothing to do with Craig's dust. Give him +0.24 again based on first pass, he'll be 3secs off Kalle. Doesn't matter really, he'll be third of the Toyotas - but should be given something to take Tanak for now.

AndyRAC
24th June 2022, 17:37
When Pirelli are in competition with other tyre suppliers, they tend to come off worse. It doesn't matter what series it is. Which is why they tend to prefer a single supplier status.......

And even last week, in the Tour of Slovenia cycling event the current Tour de France winner was criticising his Pirelli tyres on a descent......which I thought was funny.

Fast Eddie WRC
24th June 2022, 17:54
Pirelli were on a hiding to nothing coming in to the WRC. They were always going to get some stick after taking over from the established brand (Michelin) after so many years. It was almost impossible for them to compare favourably.

Eli
24th June 2022, 18:39
Katsuta now up to second place, 14.6 seconds behind leader Rovanperä, with Evans 7.8 seconds behind in third & Tänak in fourth, only 2.9 seconds behind Evans.

https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2022/wrc/katsuta-up-to-second-after-ss7-time-amendment/

dimviii
24th June 2022, 19:26
When Pirelli are in competition with other tyre suppliers, they tend to come off worse. It doesn't matter what series it is. Which is why they tend to prefer a single supplier status.......

no thats wrong.

argomees
24th June 2022, 19:32
M kaugusel 8
L n4

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

dimviii
24th June 2022, 19:40
However, once the 48-year-old completed Stage 4 the engine on his hybrid Rally1 Ford Puma cut out, before a small fire broke out in the engine bay that co-driver Isabelle Galmiche promptly extinguished.

With the engine out of action, Loeb engaged electric power to navigate the road section back to the service park, but ran out of battery power and was forced to pull over five kilometres shy of service.

Loeb said there was no warning of the engine issue before it struck.

“We were going normally, we went to the stop control and the engine stopped,” Loeb told Autosport.

“We tried to restart and it didn’t restart, and there was smoke coming out of the bonnet. I opened it and there was a little fire.

“We then used electric mode and we did 10kms. We had no battery any more and the car stopped 5km from service.”

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/loeb-explains-battery-problem-that-caused-wrc-safari-rally-exit/10327637/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=RSS-WRC&utm_term=News&utm_content=uk

dimviii
24th June 2022, 19:49
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FWCQlY3WYAEBDA8?format=jpg&name=small

dimviii
25th June 2022, 04:35
Reverse rally classification order today, which means Sébastien Loeb opens the road.

Loeb
Fourmaux
Breen
Greensmith
Serderidis
Solberg
Ogier
Neuville
Tänak
Evans
Katsuta
Rovanperä

Rally Hokkaido
25th June 2022, 04:36
Five Pumas starting at the head of the field, today. Not the sort of optics Malcolm came to see! I think he will go back to watching WRC at home, again.

Tauri_J
25th June 2022, 05:13
Yeah Formaoux broke the car, he went crazy fast compared to breen

Rally Hokkaido
25th June 2022, 05:19
First puncture of the day to Fourmaux

Tauri_J
25th June 2022, 05:24
What the hell???

Tauri_J
25th June 2022, 05:25
Now Gus stopped. Horror rally for M Sport

Rallyper
25th June 2022, 05:28
The circus just began. Let´s hope most of the crews manage the whole day well...

Rallyper
25th June 2022, 05:30
GG tipped over in junction

Rallyper
25th June 2022, 05:32
It´s shouldn´t be that hard getting GG back on track

Tauri_J
25th June 2022, 05:36
Tänak playing long game or just slow

EstWRC
25th June 2022, 05:44
Tänak lying. I heard them talking that something wasn’t working, something about Windows heater

meh
25th June 2022, 05:45
Tänak playing long game or just slow

From board-camera they discussed about not working wind-screen heating, but they did not say it at the stage end.

Tauri_J
25th June 2022, 05:46
Tänak lying. I heard them talking that something wasn’t working, something about Windows heater

I think he was just asking is it turned on because there was a river crossing coming

malscar
25th June 2022, 05:51
Serderidis is either slow or a puncture as well. Just Breen to go and we have a full hand of Pumas

TypeR
25th June 2022, 05:52
AllLive on doing it again.. not showing rally leader till the end.. haven't improved a bit.

Tauri_J
25th June 2022, 06:00
AllLive on doing it again.. not showing rally leader till the end.. haven't improved a bit.

TV stage coming up

TypeR
25th June 2022, 06:06
how Breen started so early? should have been 6in between him and Loeb

Tauri_J
25th June 2022, 06:08
Greensmith going full mad max

Tauri_J
25th June 2022, 06:14
how is Breen so much slower than Loeb? Split 2 +21.. insane

He's obviously really careful and taking no risk, If you're paying attention.

Rallyper
25th June 2022, 06:18
GG must have done one and a half roll. The car has damages all over, and windscreen is off...

Replay showed it was a slow roll...

J4MIE
25th June 2022, 06:50
Unfortunately we were too late leaving service so are OTL. We are continuing to drive the first loop but then the organisers will stop us.

wwbroe
25th June 2022, 06:54
"Sleeping Warior" coming up now

AnttiL
25th June 2022, 06:55

This rally has a very tight schedule. The stages are close to each other and the stages start less than an hour after each other. If the stage lasts for 18 minutes and the gaps are 4 minutes, it takes more than an hour to get 12 rally cars to the finish. Maybe the schedule was made for the usual contenders, 3 cars from each team and Katsuta? Now that there's also Loeb and Serderidis, the schedule doesn't work anymore?

TypeR
25th June 2022, 07:05
What a mess with these starting times..

Loeb's car full of dust..

AnttiL
25th June 2022, 07:20
Neuville cut through a junction chicane

Rally Hokkaido
25th June 2022, 07:26
Neuville cut through a junction chicane
Hmmm, unforced error? Missed braking point or....?

Rallyper
25th June 2022, 07:32
Tanak stopped. Bonnet up.

wwbroe
25th June 2022, 07:33
Tanak stopped

SubaruNorway
sounded like 3 sylinders before he stopped

Rallyper
Moving slowly after one minute or so.

wwbroe
25th June 2022, 07:34
Back on the run, but very slow

Rallyper
25th June 2022, 07:35
Stopped again... :(

wwbroe
25th June 2022, 07:35
It is over:mad:

TypeR
25th June 2022, 07:37
,,The quality is amazing!''

Eli
Anyone here knows what Tänak told Martin?

Tauri_J
Such a shame, car gave up by the looks of it

Tauri_J
25th June 2022, 07:38

I would tell you but my kids were yelling :)

EstWRC
25th June 2022, 07:41

Ott was afraid something coming through the floor or that it may catch a fire

Such a shame. Only couple Of kilometers from the end

Fuck

Rally Hokkaido
25th June 2022, 07:43
Taka slowing... puncture?

EDIT: Front right puncture and damage to left front tyre!

Katvala
25th June 2022, 07:44
Taka slowing... puncture?Yes it was puncture

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Eli
25th June 2022, 07:46

Fuck

And they’d get to service after the stage.

Rallyper
25th June 2022, 07:47
Kalle... :) :)

mknight
25th June 2022, 07:55
Pirelli guy saying one team had to throw away all their rims from yesterday and said it was (over?) 50 rims.
3x6x2=36, so probably not Hyundai.

rallyfiend
25th June 2022, 08:02
Pirelli guy saying one team had to throw away all their rims from yesterday and said it was (over?) 50 rims.

Heard that too.

sounds like there are a lot of rocks killing wheels rather than tyres

TypeR
25th June 2022, 08:02

*because they were bent

Eli
25th June 2022, 08:05

Fuck
And here I was thinking he would actually catch Neuville in the championship and take second place from him.

mknight
25th June 2022, 08:05
He also said there was a lot of sidewall damage (Katsuta front left f.e.).

If the rims are getting bent, it means tire sidewall is already stronger than the rim.

TypeR
25th June 2022, 08:12
He also said there was a lot of sidewall damage (Katsuta front left f.e.).

If the rims are getting bent, it means tire sidewall is already stronger than the rim.

and that's maybe why they come off the rims so easily..

Gus getting out from windshield and saying something at the end :D

https://twitter.com/IbrahimAlZubadi/status/1540592267764834306?s=20&t=I4R0oAobmMZcue_xYnSYAA

Eli
25th June 2022, 08:28
Out for the day:
#WRC ����​ SS10

⚠️UPDATE – Unfortunately, @otttanak & Martin #Jarveoja are forced to retire for the day at @wrcsafarirally due to a technical problem. The car will be brought back to service, and the issue will be further investigated.

#HMSGOfficial #SafariRallyKenya

EstWRC
25th June 2022, 08:34
Out for the day:
#WRC í*¼í·°í*¼í·ªâ SS10

â*ï¸UPDATE â Unfortunately, @otttanak & Martin #Jarveoja are forced to retire for the day at @wrcsafarirally due to a technical problem. The car will be brought back to service, and the issue will be further investigated.

:(

Walach
25th June 2022, 08:44
and that's maybe why they come off the rims so easily..

Gus getting out from windshield and saying something at the end :D

https://twitter.com/IbrahimAlZubadi/status/1540592267764834306?s=20&t=I4R0oAobmMZcue_xYnSYAA

To me it sounds like “You have 1 f*cking job!”

Eli
25th June 2022, 08:48
To me it sounds like “You have 1 f*cking job!”

Right??? I thought I misheard him.

Eli
25th June 2022, 08:49
:(

Maybe he’ll have a better script for next year.

Fast Eddie WRC
25th June 2022, 08:54
Annoyed the fans didnt push the car back onto its wheels?

Fast Eddie WRC
25th June 2022, 08:58
How come the windscreen is in place here ?
https://twitter.com/DirtFishRally/status/1540585913340014592?s=20&t=XgUCdS-3638MqmxjwfBzEA

EstWRC
25th June 2022, 09:06
It seems the things just doesn’t go well for the champions when all 3 are in the start.

I mean Loeb, Ogier and Tänak had a bad rally at Portugal and also here now

mknight
25th June 2022, 09:13
https://twitter.com/DirtFishRally/status/1540585913340014592?s=20&t=XgUCdS-3638MqmxjwfBzEA

It seems this is before the end of the stage where he rolled. They stopped a few times (Katsuta passes him on alllive).

Note that they climbed out through the co-driver corner of the windscreen.

Tauri_J
25th June 2022, 09:42

They obviously kicked it out. Not possible to read notes If you cant see road.

Corcaíoch
25th June 2022, 09:45
Easy to understand his frustration
Gus Greensmith "To clarify this video we had been trapped inside the car for over 3 minutes whilst safety marshals filmed & did not assist either myself & Jonas in exiting the car."
https://twitter.com/GreensmithGus/status/1540631527670833154?cxt=HHwWhICziceNtuEqAAAA

Fast Eddie WRC
25th June 2022, 10:11
It seems this is before the end of the stage where he rolled. They stopped a few times (Katsuta passes him on alllive).

Ah thanks, I see the hole now.

Fast Eddie WRC
25th June 2022, 10:19
Steven Ndubi @StevenNdubi
Replying to @GreensmithGus
Very unfortunate. Really really sorry. Beats me because the fans are really trying to get the greenlight to help but they're told they can't due to instructions from the stage control. This does not represent the Kenyan spirit about rallying. Can we get clarity
@wrcsafarirally ?

WRCStan
25th June 2022, 10:28

They must've pressed the OK button or Taka is in trouble?

Fast Eddie WRC
25th June 2022, 10:39
Propshaft broke on Tanaks car...
https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/what-caused-tanak-to-retire-from-safari-rally-kenya/

AnttiL
25th June 2022, 10:45
They must've pressed the OK button or Taka is in trouble?

There was a number of cars that passed Greensmith, and one car on All Live was shown the OK sign.

WRCStan
25th June 2022, 10:50
There was a number of cars that passed Greensmith, and one car on All Live was shown the OK sign.

Thanks yes, trying to catch up out of order. Seen now they were out the car by Serderidis.

dimviii
25th June 2022, 10:57
Greensmith roll
https://twitter.com/DirtFishRally/status/1540625059823370241

Fast Eddie WRC
25th June 2022, 11:00
Rain coming ?!

Eli
25th June 2022, 11:02
Rain coming ?!

Was just about to say, wow those are some clouds you could see at the start of the stage.

er88
25th June 2022, 11:04
Surely those clouds will burst.

Rallyper
25th June 2022, 11:14
Heavy rain on next stage they say on All Live

TypeR
25th June 2022, 11:23
Breen doing ,,Sunday cruising'' on Saturday already..

Fast Eddie WRC
25th June 2022, 11:25
Slow puncture for Breen.

Eli
25th June 2022, 11:32
Really hope they won’t cancel the next couple of stages because of the rain.

Fast Eddie WRC
25th June 2022, 11:33
Neuville's Hyundai lost the front end again.

wwbroe
25th June 2022, 11:34
Complaining about lot of understeer

Fast Eddie WRC
25th June 2022, 11:38
Coming conditions (from SD)...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FWGE0VlX0AAYw-g?format=jpg&name=large

wwbroe
25th June 2022, 11:46
Kalle saying he isn't feeling so well, i wonder what times he would do when he is feeling well then:eek:

AnttiL
25th June 2022, 11:53
Breen doing ,,Sunday cruising'' on Saturday already..

Already yesterday

meh
25th June 2022, 12:03
Time for Neuville and Ogier to put their all or nothing effort in place.

J4MIE
25th June 2022, 12:03
Kalle saying he isn't feeling so well, i wonder what times he would do when he is feeling well then:eek:

Having coughed and retched the 2nd half of Sleepibg Warrior 1, he has my sympathy. Horrible horrible dust and my lungs are full of it.

We’ve been stopped after first loop as we were OTL leaving service this morning. Restart tomorrow.

denkimi
25th June 2022, 12:06
Time for Neuville and Ogier to put their all or nothing effort in place.

to do what? crash out? Neuville may try and catch katsuta, but ogier has nothing to gain anymore.

TypeR
25th June 2022, 12:08
not raining anymore, but a lot of standing water on tracks(after around 6min)

wwbroe
25th June 2022, 12:10
What of conditions are this, very dry at the start, incredible mud at the end

Tauri_J
25th June 2022, 12:10
Crazy how slow loeb is

TypeR
25th June 2022, 12:12
1.5 min slower than 1st pass

Rallyper
25th June 2022, 12:14
Why is Breen cruising? Ridicoulus!

meh
25th June 2022, 12:17
to do what? crash out? Neuville may try and catch katsuta, but ogier has nothing to gain anymore.

you can win a lot only in complicated conditions - so if there is will to win something, it's time to use the opportunity. Crashing out is one possible outcome from taking the risk.

Tauri_J
25th June 2022, 12:20
Neuville is a guy to watch here. He could pull a miracle time.

meh
25th June 2022, 12:21
Neuville 9sec up on Sebs on split2

er88
25th June 2022, 12:25
Neuville drives off. Maybe another issue with that car

denkimi
25th June 2022, 12:28
you can win a lot only in complicated conditions - so if there is will to win something, it's time to use the opportunity. Crashing out is one possible outcome from taking the risk.

2,5 minutes can not be made up by driving, unless your opponent is on slicks in the snow and you are on snow tyres or something like that.

meh
25th June 2022, 12:30
2,5 minutes can not be made up by driving, unless your opponent is on slicks in the snow and you are on snow tyres or something like that.

I mentioned Ogier and NEUVILLE. and you choose Ogier's cap not Neuvilles cap here? Just admit it, Neuville used the opportunity.

wwbroe
25th June 2022, 12:34
Neuville passes in front of Taka after this stage

TypeR
25th June 2022, 12:36
Kalle is using the more dry conditions and doing really good time here

Fast Eddie WRC
25th June 2022, 12:36
Great job by Kalle... and he's feeling sick !

seb_sh
25th June 2022, 12:37
Wow Rovanpera, just wow

wwbroe
Obviously it is drying up towards the end of the stage

Rally Hokkaido
Kalle doesn't know why he is so much faster than everyone!

wwbroe
25th June 2022, 12:38
Taka went straight in one junction, where suddenly it was full of mud

Corcaíoch
25th June 2022, 12:38
Conditions clearly improving but very impressive from Kalle nonetheless, especially if he's not feeling well

wwbroe
25th June 2022, 12:39
Conditions clearly improving but very impressive from Kalle nonetheless, especially if he's not feeling well
That is for sure

Fast Eddie WRC
Neuville drives off. Maybe another issue with that car

Suspension issue.

meh
But now Neuville tries to fix front-right suspension.

wwbroe
25th June 2022, 12:40
Neuville trying to repair the front right suspension

J4MIE
25th June 2022, 12:41
Why is Breen cruising? Ridicoulus!

Have you ever driven on black cotton?

focus206
25th June 2022, 12:43
Neuville being a Hyundai Motorsport mechanic more than Hyundai Motorsport mechanics once again...

wwbroe
25th June 2022, 12:49
Neuville moving towards start of Sleeping Warrior, wonder if he can get this Hyundai trough the last stage of the day

Fast Eddie WRC
25th June 2022, 12:51
How much it dried for Rovanpera compared to Loeb...

https://twitter.com/GuyWilks/status/1540680522770161666?s=20&t=7rXxQKeuKCzv4cnLWlAZRw

Eli
25th June 2022, 12:52
I think Hyundai can forget about achieving any title(s) this year.

focus206
25th June 2022, 12:53
Neuville moving towards start of Sleeping Warrior, wonder if he can get this Hyundai trough the last stage of the day

It would be a miracle finishing without losing minutes, or finishing at all. 31 Km of Safari stage...

meh
25th June 2022, 13:05
I wonder, how many birds are getting killed on the stage...

Fast Eddie WRC
25th June 2022, 13:06
Proper Safari scenes here.

denkimi
25th June 2022, 13:13
have i missed something, or is solberg doing something of a amateur performance here? he's 10 minutes down without any real big issues as far as i can see.

er88
25th June 2022, 13:14
Goat with broken suspension now. Serious questions need to be asked of Msport this weekend, an absolute disasterclass

TypeR
25th June 2022, 13:14
front left suspension damaged and puncture for Loeb..

EstWRC
25th June 2022, 13:15
Too much of a lottery rally

Was great back in the day but doesn’t suit nowadays format IMO

Fast Eddie WRC
25th June 2022, 13:16
Neuville stopped. No OB shown as per.

er88
25th June 2022, 13:16
Drivers could do better at adapting their speed. The championship has always had variety and we need to keep it that way

Fast Eddie WRC
25th June 2022, 13:17
OB now but parked up and stuck.

TypeR
25th June 2022, 13:18
Neuville out. Airfilter full of water?

EstWRC
25th June 2022, 13:18
Drivers could do better at adapting their speed. The championship has always had variety and we need to keep it that way

It always amazes me how forum member know better how the drivers should drive and adapt

Fast Eddie WRC
25th June 2022, 13:19
Loeb did really well to finish the stage.

Eli
25th June 2022, 13:20
They might as well hand that trophy to Toyota.

mknight

It's great! Completely different than the rest.

The only bigger problem any of the 4 Toyotas had was puncture for Ogier.

Danny0405

Well, not sure a rally where Toyota did 1-2 last year and may do 1-2-3-4 this year can be called a lottery

A little like Merckx’s answer when people told him Milan-San Remo was a lottery in cycling: «*Give me another lottery where you win 7 times out of 9*»

Fast Eddie WRC
25th June 2022, 13:22
Face on Solberg ! :D

jonkka
It's great! Completely different than the rest.

It's mindbogglingly boring.

seb_sh
Well I think it's great, a completely different type of challenge. Ford and Hyundai had more issues and that decided the rally.

er88
It always amazes me how forum member know better how the drivers should drive and adaptOh yes let's just not comment at all on drivers as we aren't rally drivers ourselves....,thatll make for a good forum!

If you think the drivers have adapted as well as they could have to this extreme rally, you have your head in the clouds IMO

TypeR
25th June 2022, 13:23
Solberg adapting to Evans's sitting position :D

Eli
25th June 2022, 13:25
Solberg adapting to Evans's sitting position :D

My thoughts exactly.
By the way, I love the fact that the cars look as if the’ve been to a Wales Rally GB stage

denkimi
25th June 2022, 13:29
is breen trying to end up behind serderidis or something?

Fast Eddie WRC
25th June 2022, 13:29
It's mindbogglingly boring.

Wow, really ?!

Fast Eddie WRC
25th June 2022, 13:33
Solberg: 'that was one of the coolest things I ever did !'

Eli
25th June 2022, 13:34
is breen trying to end up behind serderidis or something?

Just trying to get to the end, M-sport has had enough retirements this weekend.

Danny0405
If he restarts tomorrow, Neuville should still be 5th

denkimi
Wow, really ?!

the only exiting thing is waiting to see who is gonna have problems next.

bearclaw
25th June 2022, 13:36

this is rallying and because I like the variety. after this rally we have two flat out rallies. so for me it's no problem to have a few slow parts in there and it's quite entertaining as well - I like it.

...and now with that little rain we have the luck to got some classic safari conditions like it was back in the days. safari was always a rally where some luck was needed and it was kind of lottery not to get stuck or hit an animal.

wwbroe
25th June 2022, 13:40
Only the wipers are shit on the Toyota says Kalle:D

TypeR
25th June 2022, 13:41
only problem for Toyotas.. Kalle's car wipers are shit :D

Fast Eddie WRC
25th June 2022, 13:46

Tell that to Solberg...

"That is one of the coolest things I have done in my life. Even if it was hell, it was cool !"

Eli
25th June 2022, 13:49
If positions remain as they are, even without PS points, Neuville will be some 70(!) points behind.

EstWRC
25th June 2022, 13:51
Does Kalle has a possibility to clinch the title in Finland when he wins it?

focus206
25th June 2022, 13:52
Toyota 1-2-3-4, is anybody surprised? Bulletproof Yaris vs jalopy i20 and Puma...
Tomorrow it's cruising time, only punctures can maybe change a little.

seb_sh
25th June 2022, 13:53

I suppose there's no tight fight for tenths of a second but for me seeing the cars tackle these conditions is pretty exciting. Big gaps can happen on any rally and I would more blame Hyundai and Ford that we don't have a close fight.

Fast Eddie WRC
25th June 2022, 13:56
Toyota's (Safari) heritage is forgotten inhouse, so I think everyone was on step one last year. The cars are simply not built for these hard conditions.

Neil Dempsey @neildempsey1
The Yaris is a tank. All the other cars falling apart but Toyota just needs a power wash.

denkimi
25th June 2022, 13:57
Does Kalle has a possibility to clinch the title in Finland when he wins it?
if he has a 120 points advantage, yes. but that means he needs to get another 50 points advantage in just 2 rallies.

unlikely, but considering the quality of hyundai not impossible.

as it is now:
Rovanpera 145
Neuville 75
Tanak 62
Katsuta 62
Breen 58
Evans 57

masa90
25th June 2022, 13:59
Really exciting rally. Toyota is too good atm for everyone else.

focus206
25th June 2022, 14:04
as it is now:
Rovanpera 145
Neuville 75
Tanak 62
Katsuta 62
Breen 58
Evans 57

Dear lord... not to take anything away from Katsuta, but him being on par with Tanak and not far from Neuville tells everything.

Eli
25th June 2022, 14:04
if he has a 120 points advantage, yes. but that means he needs to get another 50 points advantage in just 2 rallies.

as it is now:
Rovanpera 145
Neuville 75
Tanak 62
Katsuta 62
Breen 58
Evans 57

And we thought Ogier stormed away with the championship back in 2013, I know there’s still 7 rounds to go after this one but this is an absolute masterclass by Kalle, sure the Hyundai’s are falling apart but he still needs to do his part to get his first championship, hats off to him. Do hope though, that Hyundai will show more resistance in the second half of the year.

TypeR
25th June 2022, 14:05
Rovanperä's title win in Finland would be craaazy!

nothing impossible tho..

steve.mandzij
25th June 2022, 14:09
have i missed something, or is solberg doing something of a amateur performance here? he's 10 minutes down without any real big issues as far as i can see.he's an amateur driver, not fit for WRC yet at all

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

denkimi
25th June 2022, 14:43
Dear lord... not to take anything away from Katsuta, but him being on par with Tanak and not far from Neuville tells everything.
It is very weird to see. One would expect the toyota to be completely dominant when looking at rovanpera and katsuta, but then there's evans.

It's always hard to tell, but i feel that if tanak or neuville would also have been in the toyota, they would be right up there with kalle.

J4MIE
25th June 2022, 14:54
I can add the depute chief scrutineer to the list of organisers who I will class as not knowing the rules as well as I do :\\
Shouldn’t be possible at WRC level.

WRCStan
25th June 2022, 15:13

Please could you confirm the format?

It always amazes me how forum member know better how the drivers should drive and adapt

It's fair to comment when the cars are falling apart and crashing out. Then again, if you expect every rally to be 100% flat out attack - you would be confused.

Danny0405
25th June 2022, 16:30

as it is now:
Rovanpera 145
Neuville 75
Tanak 62
Katsuta 62
Breen 58
Evans 57

It’s 150-point gap needed after Finland as there are 5 rounds remaining after (Belgium, Greece, NZ, Catalunya, Japan).
Well, don’t think he can be champion before Greece. NZ or Catalunya sounds more reasonable and Greece possible if he manages well the summer.
But first, he has to finish without trouble tomorrow.

J4MIE
25th June 2022, 19:55
I can add the depute chief scrutineer to the list of organisers who I will class as not knowing the rules as well as I do :\\

We had a major car issue and left the morning service 42 minutes late, so got round the morning loop (despite organisers being against it) but were stopped when we got back to service (which is what the rules say).

All went ok until halfway through Sleeping Warrior where the dust in the car became too much for me and I spent the next 16km coughing/choking/retching which was extremely unpleasant. Had to jump out at the stop line and was in a bit of a state! But super rally penalties for all stages today mean we’re right towards the back of the field, so just need to get through tomorrow cleanly and hope others have issues. Lots of long deep sandy sections to look forward to! :D

Fast Eddie WRC
25th June 2022, 19:55
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FWHB3P0UAAAEdR-?format=jpg&name=large

Fast Eddie WRC
25th June 2022, 20:01
Rallying UK @RallyingUK

Comparison between Safari Rally 2021 and 2022 ...

• At the end of Saturday in 2021, 4 out of the 10 cars in RC1 were doing Super Rally and 2 had retired.

• At the end of Saturday in 2022, 6 out of the 12 cars in RC1 cars are doing Super Rally and none have retired.

Eli
25th June 2022, 20:03
Rallying UK @RallyingUK

• At the end of Saturday in 2021, 4 out of the 10 cars in RC1 were doing Super Rally and 2 had retired.

• At the end of Saturday in 2022, 6 out of the 12 cars in RC1 cars are doing Super Rally and none have retired.

And Toyota improved on last year with Evans not making a mistake this time round so 4 out of those 6 cars are Toyotas.

WRCStan
25th June 2022, 20:04
Rallying UK @RallyingUK

I counted 22/37 overall have [SR] on ewrc earlier.

Fast Eddie WRC
25th June 2022, 20:09
Craig Breen in Italiano ! :cool:

https://twitter.com/SkySportF1/status/1540709289148416000?s=20&t=dXUDBGgGKCJ1UVcIuseODA

PLuto
25th June 2022, 22:06

We had a major car issue and left the morning service 42 minutes late, so got round the morning loop (despite organisers being against it) but were stopped when we got back to service (which is what the rules say).

All went ok until halfway through Sleeping Warrior where the dust in the car became too much for me and I spent the next 16km coughing/choking/retching which was extremely unpleasant. Had to jump out at the stop line and was in a bit of a state! But super rally penalties for all stages today mean we’re right towards the back of the field, so just need to get through tomorrow cleanly and hope others have issues. Lots of long deep sandy sections to look forward to! :D

It is quite strange that your penalty is not mentioned in any results...

dimviii
26th June 2022, 03:45
Reverse rally classification order today, which means Adrien Fourmaux opens the road.

Fourmaux
Greensmith
Tänak
Loeb
Breen
Neuville
Serderidis
Solberg
Ogier
Katsuta
Evans
Rovanperä

Katvala
26th June 2022, 04:29
Stage is red flagged. Oliver stopped middle of stage and changing air filter

TypeR
26th June 2022, 04:32
Taking a lot of time changing the filter.. it wasn't even taken out of the box..
Nicely staying in the middle of the road..

Couldn't they use EV mode to get out of tve way?

Katvala
26th June 2022, 04:35
Taking a lot of time changing the filter.. it wasn't even taken out of the box..
Nicely staying in the middle of the road..

Couldn't they use EV mode to get out of tve way?Now they are taping the bonnet cause they can't get it fastened

TypeR
26th June 2022, 04:37
Now they are taping the bonnet cause they can't get it fastened

and wasting important minutes with that.. drive in the bushes and tape and hit it as long as you want :D

And now SS14 cancelled

dimviii
26th June 2022, 04:40
SS14 update

The stage has been cancelled after Solberg's stop. Crews will make their way to SS15.

AnttiL
26th June 2022, 04:51
Even Ogier got past them but of course it's quite narrow and unsafe when drivers are working under the bonnet. And stage was not restarted because of the tight schedule, I presume.

Katvala
26th June 2022, 05:02
This has become a Pirelli stream now

subarurally
26th June 2022, 05:03
C'mon WRCLive....

subarurally
26th June 2022, 05:04
"Drivers have picked this stage out as being the toughest of the day"

Katvala
26th June 2022, 05:05
Drivers have picked this stage out as being the toughest of the day

Rally Hokkaido
26th June 2022, 05:06
This has become a Pirelli stream now

Live from Kenya, we have WRC tyre changing 101 at the Pirelli tent!

TypeR
26th June 2022, 05:08
Jarveoja reading notes in french on this stage :D

Eli
And the audio is stuck for the past two-three-5 minutes? Good job WRC All live, the best streaming service there is!!!!

Rally Hokkaido
Becs is an android with software issues!

Eli
26th June 2022, 05:09
Becs is an android with software issues!

I wonder if someone is telling them and when and if it resumes to normal will they acknowledge it, probably not.

subarurally
26th June 2022, 05:11
I wonder if someone is telling them and when and if it resumes to normal will they acknowledge it, probably not.

Hashtag WRCLIVE is blown up with all this lol

TypeR
26th June 2022, 05:11
They are doing their best, probably microphone batteries got empty and they went to supermarket to get new ones..

Eli
26th June 2022, 05:12
They are doing their best, probably microphone batteries got empty and they went to supermarket to get new ones..

Maybe it was Pirelli batteries ;)

subarurally
26th June 2022, 05:12
Maybe it was Pirelli batteries ;)

Shots fired

pantealex
26th June 2022, 05:21
1,1s separates Greensmith and Formaux, huge fight :)

Eli
26th June 2022, 05:22
So did Oliver get to the next stage at the end?

Edit: All live conforming that he’s on the way.

Katvala
26th June 2022, 05:30
So did Oliver get to the next stage at the end?They said now he is on the way but will pick up time penalties for being late

AnttiL
26th June 2022, 05:43
Kalle with big stage win

dimviii
26th June 2022, 05:47
DirtFish
@DirtFishRally
Takamoto Katsuta's gearbox is leaking oil ��

Fingers crossed he can press on through #WRC Safari Rally OK! ��

https://twitter.com/DirtFishRally/status/1540931212612616193

Rallyper
26th June 2022, 06:38
Did Kalle have any punctures so far?

dimviii
26th June 2022, 06:41

no he is on michelins

AnttiL
26th June 2022, 06:43
SS17 shortened from the start a bit

Hüttünen
26th June 2022, 06:54

Yes, he had in the first stage and lost many seconds.

meh
26th June 2022, 07:00

and probably did not mention, that Pirelli is pure shit? :)

TypeR
26th June 2022, 07:00

Not a regular puncture tho.. as a result of hitting a bank and almost rolling

rallyfiend
26th June 2022, 08:10
If it's true that the crews have been smashing and destrying rims all over the place I'm not quite sure the tyres can be fully to blame....

Fast Eddie WRC
26th June 2022, 08:17
If it's true that the crews have been smashing and destrying rims all over the place I'm not quite sure the tyres can be fully to blame....

This ! Someone reported one team had many many rims so damaged they were unusable.

mknight
26th June 2022, 08:23
The Pirelli guy said it yesterday on alllive that one team had to throw all their rims on day one with damage and that it was 50 rims.
(50 rims rules out Hyundai if we count 3 cars x 2 sections x 6 wheels =36)

TypeR
26th June 2022, 08:27
SS17 shortened? Solberg got stuck and let's take that part out?

Eli
26th June 2022, 08:34
SS17 shortened? Solberg got stuck and let's take that part out?

Katsuta and Kalle said on the road section they’d all get stuck if they had to go over there again.

EstWRC
26th June 2022, 08:41
Why didn’t they show Tanaks interview.

He said to Martin that power steering went in the end . So zero points for PS stage as well it seems

Eli
26th June 2022, 08:55

He said to Martin that power steering went in the end . So zero points for PS stage as well it seems

Not the first time they’ve missed an interview this year. Also, another issue in Craig’s Puma, M-Sport with a lot of homework to do before Greece.

meh
26th June 2022, 09:04
Tänak retired with power-steering issues

Oliverk
26th June 2022, 09:05
Tanak retired, no powersteering

EstWRC
SS17 #Tänak

UPDATE – Following a power steering issue after SS17 @OttTanak & Martin #Jarveoja are unfortunately forced to retire from @wrcsafarirally.

Fast Eddie WRC

Probably he drove off.

Retired now.

Rallyper
No function on wipers for Oliver...

focus206
26th June 2022, 09:07
Tänak retired with power-steering issues

No function on wipers for Oliver...

"Village team"

TypeR
26th June 2022, 09:09
Unbeliveable.. are they using street i20's parts on their rally1? Huge joke

Rally Hokkaido
26th June 2022, 09:12
Unbeliveable.. are they using street i20's parts on their rally1? Huge joke

I was wondering the same thing. This (and other component failures) is definitely not good PR for Hyundai!

Eli
26th June 2022, 09:19
Honestly, they could give out the title to Toyota after this, I know we joked about Citroën in their final year(s) but Hyundai looking more & more like them, hopefully we won’t see them throw in the towel this year.

focus206
26th June 2022, 09:25
Honestly, they could give out the title to Toyota after this, I know we joked about Citroën in their final year(s) but Hyundai looking more & more like them, hopefully we won’t see them throw in the towel this year.

The C3 was difficult to drive and unpredictable but nowhere near as unreliable as this i20, it was a way better car overall.

Eli
26th June 2022, 09:28
The C3 was difficult to drive and unpredictable but nowhere near as unreliable as this i20, it was a way better car overall.

Not something you’d think you’d say back when they were competing. Hyundai have just went downhill during Covid.

dimviii
26th June 2022, 09:41
me too,dont remember the c3 to be unreliable,just undriveable

Eli
26th June 2022, 10:08
me too,dont remember the c3 to be unreliable,just undriveable

It reminds me of Subaru’s season from hell back in ‘06 & ‘07.

meh
26th June 2022, 10:08
Another "Hyundai advertisement" run by Solberg

Rally Hokkaido
26th June 2022, 10:09
Oliver's wipers are working now - might have been a circuit breaker?

SubaruNorway
26th June 2022, 10:11
why are we watching this?

Rallyper
26th June 2022, 10:15

Well, I just asked myself the same...

However PS soon. Have to take a bath i the sea in between.

Eli
26th June 2022, 10:16

Because we are ignoring the fact Toyota will take this championship by the time we get to Ypres.

seb_sh
26th June 2022, 11:02
Something occured to me, Toyota won the Dakar this year and recently in 2019. Perhaps the WRC team had a chat with some of the engineers from the Dakar department?

meh
26th June 2022, 11:07
Kaijto is 9th overall after SS18. But is gives confusing feelings if I see 3 cars with Super-Rally before him. Those are actually retired cars but still ahead of him.

Rally Hokkaido
26th June 2022, 11:10
Win it or bin it time for Thierry coming up in the Power Stage.

Eli
26th June 2022, 11:13
By far Hyundai’s worst rally this year, like we said in Sardegna, what a difference one rally makes.

Fast Eddie WRC
26th June 2022, 11:33
Pity for Loeb's car issues here or he could've really challenged.

Rallyper
26th June 2022, 11:34
Loeb doing well on PS.