PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Race 10 - British Grand Prix

Pages : 1 [2]

truefan72
22nd July 2021, 17:25
I honestly find it very hard to reconcile your opinion and how you can't see that both Saturday and Sunday were very similar but the other way around. I agree, we'll have to agree to disagree but I'm scratching my head here at people that think Hamilton was solely to blame for something Max clearly had and that we've shown has responsibility in as well.

Anyway, it's great to see this topic has somewhat ignited this forum again. It's been too quiet the last number of years.

yup. At the end of the day. The forum is alive again.
That, I can be thankful for :)

joe1888cfc
22nd July 2021, 19:02
Over exaggeration

No one is calling Verstappen a dunce and you know it. He is one of the most exciting racers to watch, but he is still green around the ears. He still makes immature mistakes of not know which battle to fight and which ones to let go and fight again another day. He puts it all on the line each time with a costly result when it does not go his way. He has gambled with 33 points lead; all in. And has come out of it with 8 points to show for it. Now, that was very smart, wasn't it?

You guys are unbelievable.Max might be a bit "green" as you say, but he always seems to make less mistakes than Lewis. Don't recall max going into a closed pit lane or picking up any other stupid penalties.

Hamilton is under pressure for first time in a long time and you can see that it's getting to him.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Nitrodaze
22nd July 2021, 19:08
Max might be a bit "green" as you say, but he always seems to make less mistakes than Lewis. Don't recall max going into a closed pit lane or picking up any other stupid penalties.

Hamilton is under pressure for first time in a long time and you can see that it's getting to him.

Spare me your hate post. If l thought for a moment that you had anything remotely unbiased to say then l shall listen. All you have to offer is pure prejudice.

joe1888cfc
22nd July 2021, 19:15
Spare me your hate post. If l thought for a moment that you had anything remotely unbiased to say then l shall listen. All you have to offer is pure prejudice.Amazing what passes for hate these days.

No bother son, don't want to upset you.

Your a wee soul.
Xx

joe1888cfc
22nd July 2021, 19:22
Mate chill yourself out, it's only a message board about the F1. Don't let a prick like me get you annoyed.

Nitrodaze
22nd July 2021, 19:44
Mate chill yourself out, it's only a message board about the F1. Don't let a prick like me get you annoyed.

I don't think that of you or anyone that posts on here btw. We all have our opinions. The discussion was about "was it a racing incident or not". Not about who has more points on their licence. If anything, that Hamilton has more points on his license only goes to show that the steward's office always comes down on him hard for the slightest infraction. He has to be impeccable with his conduct and driving because he knows he would not get the benefit of the doubt.

Your post only shows you do not understand or care about his circumstances. Nor do you find odd the over-reaction that we are seeing for what is largely stated to be a racing incident by racing experts. So you would forgive me for my reaction, as l find it a bit much.

By the way, Hamilton rarely makes mistakes. This is a sport of very fine margins. It is about precision and the edge that the leading team has is very small and can varnish inexplicably at the next race. So every point is fought for with enormous resources and the racecraft of the driver in the car. The team trust the driver's judgement to make the right decision in the heat of racing.

So when Verstappen squanders a huge amount of Redbulls points. I can see why they would want to make Hamilton a scapegoat for it. At the end of the day, we objective thinkers on this forum would ask the question, "did Verstappen do enough to avoid the incident and protect his 33 points lead in the driver's championship?". And the general consensus is that "NO" he did not do enough to protect his 33 points and the team's constructors points.

He failed in his responsibility there. Making that failure Hamilton's fault is what we have been arguing for the last 25 pages of this thread.

Redbull carries on as if they have been robbed of valuable points. They fail to see that there is a valuable lesson to learn here and to sit their driver down to have a conversation about it.

You don't win championships this way. There are too many great drivers on the current grid. Hence intelligent risk-taking is paramount to defeating the current best driver on the grid. The arrogance of having the fastest car does not guarantee success either.

joe1888cfc
22nd July 2021, 19:56
I don't think that of you or anyone that posts on here btw. We all have our opinions. The discussion was about "was it a racing incident or not". Not about who has more points on their licence. If anything, that Hamilton has more points on his license only goes to show that the steward's office always comes down on him hard for the slightest infraction. He has to be impeccable with his conduct and driving because he knows he would not get the benefit of the doubt.

Your post only shows you do not understand or care about his circumstances. Nor do you find odd the over-reaction that we are seeing for what is largely stated to be a racing incident by racing experts. So you would forgive me for my reaction, as l find it a bit much.

By the way, Hamilton rarely makes mistakes.I agree, max makes less though.

Nitrodaze
22nd July 2021, 20:12
I agree, max makes less though.

Who cares. It is about who is going to win the championship when we get to Abu Dhabi. At Abu Dhabi, nobody would care one bit about who made fewer mistakes. But they would certainly care about who won it.

The Black Knight
22nd July 2021, 20:20
I agree, max makes less though.

I think you have a short memory. Max has made mistakes this year. Sakhir - ran wide at turn 4 - then later on in the lap at turn 13 lost the car, his only opportunity to DRS Hamilton and he blows it, costing him a certain victory. France, lost it at turn one. Lost it on on the restart in Imola and barely held it. I'm sure there have been a few more errors too that I have forgotten about. Hamilton has made some more mistakes this year than normal, I agree but, apart from Baku, which unsure if accidentally hitting the magic brake button in the middle of a restart could really count as a real driving mistake, it hasn't proven too costly.

They've both made their fair share of mistakes. I just think people are remembering Hamilton's more because he has been impervious for so long. Age might also be an issue, I remember Michael Schumacher making a lot of mistakes in his last couple of seasons compared to normal. Perhaps, like Michael, his fire is beginning to burn out.

Fortitude
22nd July 2021, 21:16
‘Hamilton’s post-race partying was sickening’
Date published: July 22 2021 - Michelle Foster

Robert Doornbos is the latest to criticise Lewis Hamilton’s post-race celebrations, saying it was “sickening” to do so while Max Verstappen was in hospital.

It’s been written about many times in the past few days with just about everyone voicing an opinion on the big one – Verstappen and Hamilton’s British Grand Prix crash.

Fighting for the lead on the opening lap, the two clashed at Copse as Hamilton tried to pass up the inside, missed the apex and made contract.

With the contact putting Verstappen into the tyre barrier at 51G, and subsequently into the hospital for further checks after he reported feeling dizzy, tensions have been running high with Red Bull saying they are still considering legal action.

The mood in the Milton Keynes camp, as well as Verstappen’s home country, wasn’t helped by Hamilton’s post-race celebrations with the Brit marking his victory with his fans.

Verstappen called that “disrespectful” while, according to grandpx.news, Doornbos has told Ziggo Sport that the “partying” while Verstappen was in hospital was “sickening”.

He added: “He went from hero to zero as a sportsman in that moment.

“Winning your home race is special, but with a penalty, a team-mate who lets you pass and knocking his rival off, I didn’t think it was fitting.”

Jack Plooij agreed with his fellow pundit.

“He shouldn’t have been partying,” he said. “The team should have told him that Max was in hospital so he shouldn’t do that for a while. That was really not good.

“If you preach about respect all year long, and then you want that respect from someone else, then you have to give it out as well.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/robert-doornbos-lewis-hamilton-celebrations/

LEWIS HAMILTON
Ralf Schumacher points the finger at Hamilton: That isn't a place to overtake
Author Adriano Boin
Today, ‎14‎:‎45
Lewis Hamilton took the chequered flag at the British GP, however his incident with Max Verstappen remains the big talking point. Ralf Schumacher believes the actions of the Mercedes driver were borderline.

https://racingnews365.com/ralf-schumacher-points-the-finger-at-hamilton-that-isnt-a-place-to-overtake

Honda still don’t know if Max’s engine survived
Date published: July 22 2021 - Henry Valantine

Honda F1’s managing director has said the manufacturer are ‘praying’ for good news surrounding Max Verstappen’s damaged Silverstone power unit.

Masashi Yamamoto said that the engine involved in Verstappen’s high-speed crash at the British Grand Prix has now been taken out of the car, and there are assessments being run as to whether or not parts will have to be replaced completely.

Should that be the case, that could lead to grid penalties for Red Bull in future races if they go above their allotted parts for the season, which Yamamoto said could hinder their hopes in the World Championship.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/honda-max-verstappen-engine-survival/

Red Bull 'reviewing evidence' in Hamilton/Verstappen clash as FIA defends penalty
Ben Issatt
Formula 1
22 July 2021

Red Bull are considering their next move as the fallout from Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen's clash at Silverstone continues.

The Anglo-Austrian squad was furious seeing their Dutch driver hit the barrier at high-speed after being tagged by the Mercedes entering Copse on Lap 1 at last Sunday's British Grand Prix.

Red Bull was even angrier when Hamilton recovered from a 10-second penalty he was given by the stewards to claim victory, reducing the gap to Verstappen in the Drivers' Championship to just eight points.

As a result, it is reported the team has hired a lawyer to look over the regulations and the incident itself to see if any further action should be pursued.

"We are reviewing all the evidence before making any further decisions," a spokesman said.

https://www.insideracing.com/formula-1/14880-red-bull-reviewing-evidence-in-hamilton-verstappen-clash-as-fia-defends-penalty

Bagwan
22nd July 2021, 21:32
Over exaggeration

No one is calling Verstappen a dunce and you know it. He is one of the most exciting racers to watch, but he is still green around the ears. He still makes immature mistakes of not knowing which battle to fight and which ones to let go and fight again another day. He puts it all on the line each time with a costly result when it does not go his way. He has gambled with his 33 points lead [and his life l might add]; all in. And has come out of it with a net 8 points lead to show for it. Now, that was very smart, wasn't it?

You guys are unbelievable.

Well , I've seen "foolish" , and "not smart" , and "has a lot to learn" , so I think the dunce cap fits , doesn't it ?

And , hyper-objective you can't tell me anything Lewis did wrong here , can you ?

I rest my case .

Nitrodaze
22nd July 2021, 22:11
Well , I've seen "foolish" , and "not smart" , and "has a lot to learn" , so I think the dunce cap fits , doesn't it ?

And , hyper-objective you can't tell me anything Lewis did wrong here , can you ?

I rest my case .

Once Hamilton had committed to going on the inside and got alongside Verstappen, he should have not backed out of the throttle. His backing out, put Verstappen a half car length ahead at the corner which gave Verstappen the idea to attempt to close him down. Of course, that is what lead to the crash.

Actually, this point highlights why Verstappen is an exciting driver to watch. He braked so very late, that really freaked out Hamilton. It was scary brave. If he had just kept a wider line through the corner, that would have been the most amazing defence this season.

That corner also shows that Hamilton is getting closer to his retirement age. The limits that the young drivers are willing to go, is becoming too much for him l think. And Verstappen showed that very clearly this Silverstone weekend. He brake so late it seemed it would be impossible for him to slow the car enough to get round the corner. But he had it under control, which is also a testament for how great the Redbull car is.

Nitrodaze
23rd July 2021, 07:13
‘Hamilton’s post-race partying was sickening’
Date published: July 22 2021 - Michelle Foster

Robert Doornbos is the latest to criticise Lewis Hamilton’s post-race celebrations, saying it was “sickening” to do so while Max Verstappen was in hospital.

It’s been written about many times in the past few days with just about everyone voicing an opinion on the big one – Verstappen and Hamilton’s British Grand Prix crash.

Fighting for the lead on the opening lap, the two clashed at Copse as Hamilton tried to pass up the inside, missed the apex and made contract.

With the contact putting Verstappen into the tyre barrier at 51G, and subsequently into the hospital for further checks after he reported feeling dizzy, tensions have been running high with Red Bull saying they are still considering legal action.

The mood in the Milton Keynes camp, as well as Verstappen’s home country, wasn’t helped by Hamilton’s post-race celebrations with the Brit marking his victory with his fans.

Verstappen called that “disrespectful” while, according to grandpx.news, Doornbos has told Ziggo Sport that the “partying” while Verstappen was in hospital was “sickening”.

He added: “He went from hero to zero as a sportsman in that moment.

“Winning your home race is special, but with a penalty, a team-mate who lets you pass and knocking his rival off, I didn’t think it was fitting.”

Jack Plooij agreed with his fellow pundit.

“He shouldn’t have been partying,” he said. “The team should have told him that Max was in hospital so he shouldn’t do that for a while. That was really not good.

“If you preach about respect all year long, and then you want that respect from someone else, then you have to give it out as well.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/robert-doornbos-lewis-hamilton-celebrations/

LEWIS HAMILTON
Ralf Schumacher points the finger at Hamilton: That isn't a place to overtake
Author Adriano Boin
Today, ‎14‎:‎45
Lewis Hamilton took the chequered flag at the British GP, however his incident with Max Verstappen remains the big talking point. Ralf Schumacher believes the actions of the Mercedes driver were borderline.

https://racingnews365.com/ralf-schumacher-points-the-finger-at-hamilton-that-isnt-a-place-to-overtake

Honda still don’t know if Max’s engine survived
Date published: July 22 2021 - Henry Valantine

Honda F1’s managing director has said the manufacturer are ‘praying’ for good news surrounding Max Verstappen’s damaged Silverstone power unit.

Masashi Yamamoto said that the engine involved in Verstappen’s high-speed crash at the British Grand Prix has now been taken out of the car, and there are assessments being run as to whether or not parts will have to be replaced completely.

Should that be the case, that could lead to grid penalties for Red Bull in future races if they go above their allotted parts for the season, which Yamamoto said could hinder their hopes in the World Championship.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/honda-max-verstappen-engine-survival/

Red Bull 'reviewing evidence' in Hamilton/Verstappen clash as FIA defends penalty
Ben Issatt
Formula 1
22 July 2021

Red Bull are considering their next move as the fallout from Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen's clash at Silverstone continues.

The Anglo-Austrian squad was furious seeing their Dutch driver hit the barrier at high-speed after being tagged by the Mercedes entering Copse on Lap 1 at last Sunday's British Grand Prix.

Red Bull was even angrier when Hamilton recovered from a 10-second penalty he was given by the stewards to claim victory, reducing the gap to Verstappen in the Drivers' Championship to just eight points.

As a result, it is reported the team has hired a lawyer to look over the regulations and the incident itself to see if any further action should be pursued.

"We are reviewing all the evidence before making any further decisions," a spokesman said.

https://www.insideracing.com/formula-1/14880-red-bull-reviewing-evidence-in-hamilton-verstappen-clash-as-fia-defends-penalty

You have stooped quite low now. Scraping the bottom of the barrel quoting from rookies and failed F1 drivers. It would be gameshow hosts and hookers in the streets next

denkimi
23rd July 2021, 11:59
Amazing what passes for hate these days.

No bother son, don't want to upset you.

Your a wee soul.
Xx

don't bother with him. hamilton is like a god to him, so everything that is not unconditional praise is considered hate to him.

no point in discussing with someone like that.

Nitrodaze
23rd July 2021, 14:30
don't bother with him. hamilton is like a god to him, so everything that is not unconditional praise is considered hate to him.

no point in discussing with someone like that.

I am relieved to hear that. Happy not to chat with you too.

joe1888cfc
23rd July 2021, 16:27
Max might be a bit "green" as you say, but he always seems to make less mistakes than Lewis. Don't recall max going into a closed pit lane or picking up any other stupid penalties.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using TapatalkYou did say this was a "hate post"

Bagwan
23rd July 2021, 19:43
Once Hamilton had committed to going on the inside and got alongside Verstappen, he should have not backed out of the throttle. His backing out, put Verstappen a half car length ahead at the corner which gave Verstappen the idea to attempt to close him down. Of course, that is what lead to the crash.

Actually, this point highlights why Verstappen is an exciting driver to watch. He braked so very late, that really freaked out Hamilton. It was scary brave. If he had just kept a wider line through the corner, that would have been the most amazing defence this season.

That corner also shows that Hamilton is getting closer to his retirement age. The limits that the young drivers are willing to go, is becoming too much for him l think. And Verstappen showed that very clearly this Silverstone weekend. He brake so late it seemed it would be impossible for him to slow the car enough to get round the corner. But he had it under control, which is also a testament for how great the Redbull car is.

So , you're saying Hamilton wasn't aggressive enough ?

denkimi
23rd July 2021, 20:47
I am relieved to hear that. Happy not to chat with you too.
oh, i'm willing to talk with you about pretty much everything.

just not when it involves hamilton, because at that moment all your objectivity dissapears.

Nitrodaze
23rd July 2021, 22:35
You did say this was a "hate post"

Give me a break, l am having a hard time at the moment.

Nitrodaze
23rd July 2021, 22:37
So , you're saying Hamilton wasn't aggressive enough ?

Come on Baggie!

I am saying they would have kept each other in check if he had not chickened out of the corner.

Nitrodaze
23rd July 2021, 22:40
oh, i'm willing to talk with you about pretty much everything.

just not when it involves hamilton, because at that moment all your objectivity dissapears.

Deal! Happy to do that too.

Nitrodaze
24th July 2021, 08:46
Redbull cost to fix Verstappen's car £1.3m.

The cost of reckless risk-taking

F1nKS
24th July 2021, 22:45

I wonder how much it will cost Mercedes when the favor is returned?

Nitrodaze
25th July 2021, 07:55
I wonder how much it will cost Mercedes when the favor is returned?

Probably the same. But the tit for tat would ruin both teams. It would degrade the championship battle into a bitter war which is not the entertainment the fans are paying to watch. Redbull and you Redbull fans should man up and take this one on the chin as a racing incident. Any intentional stuff would inspire further intentional retaliation.

joe1888cfc
25th July 2021, 08:32

Mercedes should be made to pay that to red bull since it's been proven to be Hamilton's fault.

joe1888cfc
25th July 2021, 08:34
Probably the same. But the tit for tat would ruin both teams. It would degrade the championship battle into a bitter war which is not the entertainment the fans are paying to watch. Redbull and you Redbull fans should man up and take this one on the chin as a racing incident. Any intentional stuff would inspire further intentional retaliation.

If it was a racing incident, Hamilton wouldn't have got a penalty.

The Black Knight
25th July 2021, 08:40

If both were knocked out of the race at Copse I doubt he'd have received a penalty either.

Nitrodaze
25th July 2021, 10:42
Mercedes should be made to pay that to red bull since it's been proven to be Hamilton's fault.

That would be a first in F1. It would suggest, Mercedes should have protested harder that Hamilton was not solely at fault. Besides this has never been the case in F1 history. Only anti-Hamilton sentiments would suggest that such a thing should be introduced. Now tell that your comments are not with some level of prejudice.

We didn't hear that when Verstappen took out Hamilton's front wing at the first race of the season. Double standards.

Nitrodaze
25th July 2021, 10:43

Penalty is not always an indication of sole fault.

joe1888cfc
25th July 2021, 10:50
I'd bring it in from next season, of your found at fault for causing a crash that damages another teams car, the guilty team should pay the costs

Nitrodaze
25th July 2021, 11:44
I'd bring it in from next season, of your found at fault for causing a crash that damages another teams car, the guilty team should pay the costs

The teams would not accept that. That would be another way for teams to have a dig at other teams by trying to deplete their capped budget. It would be a field day as teams would try to find ways to get other teams to pay for their repairs. There would be a harder request also for the stewards to apportion the share of each drivers fault in the incident more clearly. Then, we would effectively find the whole business in murky waters of what share of the blame is to be paid for on each car by each team. It would be a mess really. Meanwhile, reckless drivers would continue to drive recklessly at the expense of other teams.

Racing would not become as interesting as we experience it now. As everyone would be walking on eggshells. The best idea, is for all drivers to avoid an accident in the first place. If an accident happens, it would be because one or both drivers have not done enough to avoid it. Which essentially, is what happened at Silverstone.

Fortitude
25th July 2021, 13:32
Verstappen’s seat was broken in 51G crash
Date published: July 25 2021 - Michelle Foster

Such was the impact in Max Verstappen’s 150mph British Grand Prix crash that it “actually broke Max’s seat”, says Christian Horner.

Verstappen was involved in a high-speed crash on the opening lap of the Silverstone race, hit by Lewis Hamilton as the Mercedes driver attempted to pass him up the inside at Copse.

The Red Bull driver shot off the circuit and through the gravel trap, which did little to slow his speed, before hitting the tyre barrier with an impact of 51G.

Verstappen, whose RB16B suffered “approximately $1.8m” worth of damage, was taken to the track’s medical centre before being flown to Coventry Hospital for further checks after reporting that he was feeling dizzy.

Horner has recalled those first few moments after the crash and the fear that griped him when Verstappen didn’t immediately answer the team radio.

“That was the biggest accident Max has had in his racing career,” he wrote in his latest Red Bull blog, “and the first, and hopefully last time he’s hospitalised.

“When Max was unable to respond on the team radio, time stood still. In that moment you forget everything else apart from the safety of the driver, a person who is like family to all of us and it reminds you of the risk and reward in our sport.

“When he was finally able to speak, the relief was enormous and then to see him helped out of the car by the medical team, albeit somewhat dazed and in need of support, was an incredible feeling.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/max-verstappen-seat-broken-crash/

Verstappen left "battered and bruised" after Hamilton crash - GPFans F1 Recap
GPFans Staff
Saturday 24 July 2021 23:30

Christian Horner has revealed Max Verstappen "felt like he'd done a few rounds with Tyson Fury" after his dramatic collision with Lewis Hamilton at the British Grand Prix

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/67855/verstappen-left-battered-and-bruised-after-hamilton-crash-gpfans-f1-recap/

Red Bull F1 value British Grand Prix crash damage at over £1.3million
• Charles Crook
24th July 2021.

The Red Bull F1 team have valued damage following Max Verstappen’s crash at the British Grand Prix at over £1.3million to fix.
The figure quoted came in a column from team principal Christian Horner, which was published on the Red Bull F1 website as his reaction to last weekend’s controversial event at Silverstone.

https://citiblog.co.uk/2021/07/24/red-bull-f1-value-damage-after-british-grand-prix-crash-at-over-1-3million/

Red Bull take aim at Lewis Hamilton in new dig over Max Verstappen crash ahead of Hungary
Lewis Hamilton trails Max Verstappen in the Drivers' Championship by eight points.
By Charlie Gordon
PUBLISHED: 00:07, Sun, Jul 25, 2021 | UPDATED: 06:48, Sun, Jul 25, 2021

And Horner has taken a new dig at Hamilton as he said in his Red Bull column: “I felt the narrative that Max was being ‘overly aggressive’ at that stage was unjustified. “You only have to look at the fact Max has zero penalty points on his licence and has not been found guilty of any on-track misjudgements in recent years.

“The aggressive 17-year-old F1 rookie Max Verstappen that Hamilton is referring to is not the Max Verstappen of today, just as Hamilton is not the same driver he was when he entered the sport.

“Both drivers are of course uncompromising in their driving style, but they are both highly skilled drivers with a great deal of experience.
The reality is that Hamilton has met his match in a car that is now competitive, and I agree that both drivers need to show each other respect, but Hamilton was the aggressor on Sunday."

Tensions understandably ran high in the Red Bull camp after the race, given their leads in both the Drivers’ and Constructors’ Championships were cut dramatically.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-autosport/1467120/Red-Bull-Lewis-Hamilton-Max-Verstappen-crash-Silverstone-Mercedes-Hungary-Grand-Prix-F1

Villeneuve: Any other race and Hamilton would have lifted off the gas sooner.
24th July 2021, ‎10‎:‎15

After seeing Lewis Hamilton collide with Max Verstappen at the British GP, Jacques Villeneuve had flashbacks to his championship win when he was nearly sent off track by Michael Schumacher.

Jacques Villeneuve believes Lewis Hamilton misjudged the situation that resulted him taking Max Verstappen out of the British GP on the opening lap.

The championship leader was out of the race before it even started after the Briton clipped him from behind at Copse corner on the opening lap. Hamilton, who received a 10-second penalty, eventually battled back to take the chequered flag, but Villeneuve believes the seven-time World Champion took a risk that he otherwise wouldn't have taken at another event.

"Lewis misjudged the situation," Villeneuve told F1-Insider. "He should have known that at that speed, when he was behind, there would be dirty air which could cause his car to slide into Max's car.

"I think the pressure - to not be beaten by Max at his home race - was so great that he subconsciously accepted this risk. I think in any other race he would have lifted off the gas earlier in that corner."

https://racingnews365.com/villeneuve-any-other-race-and-hamilton-would-have-lifted-off-the-gas-sooner

Horner Says Red Bull F1 Team May Seek Further Penalties Against Hamilton
Writing on the team’s blog, Christian Horner says British GP crash will have ‘massive ramifications.'
BY GREG ENGLE
Jul 24, 2021

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/formula-1/a37119998/horner-says-red-bull-f1-team-may-seek-further-penalties-against-hamilton/

F1nKS
25th July 2021, 18:55

It has only been Red Bull races ruined by Mercedes in the last 3 years.

Who is the always in the center of it - Hamilton. As Albon said - "Hamilton is such a sore looser"

The Black Knight
25th July 2021, 21:56

This much is worse than Bernie's reverse grid idea.

N. Jones
26th July 2021, 04:48
What kind of sanctions does the jury have to their disposal?

in my books this is a very serious incident, where Verstappen easily could have been killed, had the car hit the wall in a different angle or Max`s head first if car flipped.

Then Hamilton almost did the same again passing Leclerc.

In my book Hamilton is getting to desperat to win, and is now reckless. And the penalty was imo to small. You need to think potential consequenses in these cornering speeds.

Hopefully cornerimg speed will go down with the 2022 cars.

No, Charles gave Lewis plenty of room. I think Max was too tight into Copse. Oh well, everyone is safe.

Nitrodaze
26th July 2021, 07:39
No, Charles gave Lewis plenty of room. I think Max was too tight into Copse. Oh well, everyone is safe.

This youtube vid is an onboard from both Hamilton and Verstappen's cars approaching and through to the point of the crash (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcADs-Wluwg).

Redbull is doing its very best to try to mess with Hamilton's head. Are they going to keep racing each other hard, well l hope so.

A great discussion about the incident can be found here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoFt2Cl-EQo) as well

Nitrodaze
26th July 2021, 08:25
I think Silverstone indicated that Alonso deserves a top car. Imagine Alonso in the Mclaren, l would venture to say the Mclaren may have finished that race on the podium. In the sprint race, Alonso demonstrated how to break the tow of the chasing car legally by weaving. It was a brilliant weekend for Alonso, he is great again.

joe1888cfc
26th July 2021, 09:26
This much is worse than Bernie's reverse grid idea.

Really! Why do you think that?

Nitrodaze
26th July 2021, 15:19
Really! Why do you think that?

Worst idea ever floated on here that is why.

Bagwan
26th July 2021, 15:57

Pretty close to the worst response on here , ever .

I'm not so sure about charging the other guy , but adding the amount of cash paid for repairs to the team's budget if the driver is deemed to not be deserving of a penalty in the incident seems like it could be fair .

See , debate doesn't hurt .

Nitrodaze
26th July 2021, 16:24
Pretty close to the worst response on here , ever .

I'm not so sure about charging the other guy , but adding the amount of cash paid for repairs to the team's budget if the driver is deemed to not be deserving of a penalty in the incident seems like it could be fair .

See , debate doesn't hurt .

And the worst condescending response ever floated on here.

Even that idea is problematic for the same reasons that l gave earlier on the matter if you bothered to check it out first before castigating me. Adding any money to a teams budget would not be fair to other teams, regardless of the reason. Racing is a happenstance sport. Accidents just happen to be part of the game. So when it happens, that is the way it is. This argument can be extended to other unforeseen costs that the budget cap had not taken into consideration as well. From accidental damage to misinformation that resulted in expended cost. The line should be clear. And forgive my bluntness.

The limited budget places a restriction on drivers to drive wisely. As any damage that results from racing would be resolved from the limited budget of the season. It might sound harsh for those incidents that are wholely another drivers fault. And by wholely, l mean 100% like Senna on Prost at Suzuka. I would think an exception could be made for willfully intent to damage the other driver car and race. Even that is as controversial as they come to prove without some level of bias. Especially seeing your reactions for what is essentially a racing incident.

gm99
26th July 2021, 17:47
I think Silverstone indicated that Alonso deserves a top car. Imagine Alonso in the Mclaren, l would venture to say the Mclaren may have finished that race on the podium.

If there is anything Alonso doesn't deserve, it's a McLaren. He has already demonstrated that - twice.
If Fernando hadn't acted like a complete dick towards Honda, McLaren would probably be fighting for race wins and not just podiums right now.

Nitrodaze
26th July 2021, 19:14
If there is anything Alonso doesn't deserve, it's a McLaren. He has already demonstrated that - twice.
If Fernando hadn't acted like a complete dick towards Honda, McLaren would probably be fighting for race wins and not just podiums right now.

I agree actually. That attitude of Alonso is probably why he has missed out on being in a championship-winning car since Ferrari-gate. He just lacks the patience to work through the kinks and ride the difficult moments that are necessary for progress.

That said, Alonso in the current Mclaren would have been quite something.

joe1888cfc
26th July 2021, 23:14

State of this reply haha

This is more like hate speech than mines...

Nitrodaze
27th July 2021, 05:41
State of this reply haha

This is more like hate speech than mines...

Haha, l hear you. But you got a reply eh

I have an idea, the cars should be fitted with big airbags to the sides of the cars that inflates when the car approaches a barrier at speed so that the car can survive a crash.

joe1888cfc
27th July 2021, 07:24
Haha, l hear you. But you got a reply eh

I have an idea, the cars should be fitted with big airbags to the sides of the cars that deflates when the car approaches a barrier at speed so that the car can survive a crash.

Think you might have mixed up deflates and inflates in your wee scenario the bud 🤭🤭

Nitrodaze
27th July 2021, 08:11
Think you might have mixed up deflates and inflates in your wee scenario the bud ����

I am still bleary-eyed but thanks. You get my drift.

Bagwan
27th July 2021, 11:23
And the worst condescending response ever floated on here.

Even that idea is problematic for the same reasons that l gave earlier on the matter if you bothered to check it out first before castigating me. Adding any money to a teams budget would not be fair to other teams, regardless of the reason. Racing is a happenstance sport. Accidents just happen to be part of the game. So when it happens, that is the way it is. This argument can be extended to other unforeseen costs that the budget cap had not taken into consideration as well. From accidental damage to misinformation that resulted in expended cost. The line should be clear. And forgive my bluntness.

The limited budget places a restriction on drivers to drive wisely. As any damage that results from racing would be resolved from the limited budget of the season. It might sound harsh for those incidents that are wholely another drivers fault. And by wholely, l mean 100% like Senna on Prost at Suzuka. I would think an exception could be made for willfully intent to damage the other driver car and race. Even that is as controversial as they come to prove without some level of bias. Especially seeing your reactions for what is essentially a racing incident.

Gosh , thanks .
I didn't know any of that .
Lecture me any time .

Nitrodaze
27th July 2021, 14:15
Gosh , thanks .
I didn't know any of that .
Lecture me any time .

Sharing my thoughts with you is lecturing now, is it? l shall spare you my thoughts in the future.

pantealex
27th July 2021, 15:29
Think you might have mixed up deflates and inflates in your wee scenario the bud ����

No.

Airbag deflates when you hit it.

If it inflates when you hit it, you will get hurt.

Just watch some airbag videos ...

Bagwan
27th July 2021, 16:11
No.

I think you'll find it inflates first , and then deflates , if you want to be all pedantic about it .

Nitrodaze
27th July 2021, 16:32
I think you'll find it inflates first , and then deflates , if you want to be all pedantic about it .

The idea is to deflate upon impact to cushion the impact, not to bounce them off the barrier like a balloon.

Big Ben
27th July 2021, 16:33
I suppose he should have been banned from racing ever again. That would fit the crime perfectly don't you think.

Don't be ridiculous. Who's going to save us from racism and climate change then? Not to mention that i fear for the mental sanity of some of the people around here if that happened.

Nitrodaze
27th July 2021, 17:32
Don't be ridiculous. Who's going to save us from racism and climate change then? Not to mention that i fear for the mental sanity of some of the people around here if that happened.

Yea l get you. The black bashers are going to have a hard time dealing with that situation as well l think.

Bagwan
27th July 2021, 18:05
The idea is to deflate upon impact to cushion the impact, not to bounce them off the barrier like a balloon.

I thought you weren't talking to me .

Bagwan
27th July 2021, 18:08

Beware of ironic responses .

Big Ben
27th July 2021, 20:36

What's a black basher?

joe1888cfc
27th July 2021, 20:57
No.

Maybe read the quoted text I was replying to. (He has changed it now)

"Haha, l hear you. But you got a reply eh

I have an idea, the cars should be fitted with big airbags to the sides of the cars that deflates when the car approaches a barrier at speed so that the car can survive a crash"

What's the point of airbags deflating as you approach a barrier at speed?

joe1888cfc
27th July 2021, 21:08
I am still bleary-eyed but thanks. You get my drift.

I get your drift

Nitrodaze
27th July 2021, 21:16
I thought you weren't talking to me .

I ain't

Zico
27th July 2021, 21:40
What's a black basher?

Did you not watch the British GP?

Big Ben
28th July 2021, 06:14
Did you not watch the British GP?

No, only the highlights.

Fortitude
28th July 2021, 09:50
Red Bull lodge request for the FIA to review Hamilton penalty following Silverstone clash with Verstappen
27th July 2021

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.red-bull-lodge-request-for-fia-to-review-hamilton-penalty-following.1BND9fIw9rWN5GynnHVVo4.html

FIA, Formula 1 Will Hear Red Bull's Case against Lewis Hamilton on Thursday
Hearing to examine 10-second penalty levied against Hamilton for Verstappen crash at Silverstone
BY MIKE PRYSON
Jul 27, 2021

The FIA and Formula 1 officials have called for a hearing on Thursday to discuss the matter of the 10-second penalty handed to Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton after contact between Hamilton's car and Max Verstappen's car at Silverstone.

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/formula-1/a37144545/fia-formula-1-will-hear-red-bulls-case-against-lewis-hamilton-on-thursday/

Honda ‘give back’ with Red Bull engine request
Date published: July 27 2021 - Jamie Woodhouse

Honda felt obliged to accept Red Bull’s request for the 2022 engine due to their “huge appreciation” towards Helmut Marko and Franz Tost.

The Japanese manufacturer will leave Formula 1 at the end of 2021, which led to the formation of Red Bull Powertrains to take over engine development for the Red Bull and AlphaTauri teams.

But for 2022, the engines will still come from Honda’s Sakura base at the request of Red Bull in what will be a transitional year.

And when the request came, Honda’s F1 managing director Masashi Yamamoto told BBC Sport the manufacturer felt “huge admiration” for Red Bull’s driver programme chief Marko and AlphaTauri boss Tost, and so the desire to give back.

“They have believed in Honda, so we have to give something back to them,” he said.

“We will finish our F1 project on December 31 this year. However, we got the request from Red Bull and Alpha Tauri, which is nice, that they want to be competitive, so they want us to co-operate.

“Therefore we are now discussing how to co-operate with them in order to make them keep competitive.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/honda-red-bull-engine-request-2022/

Will Red Bull succeed again in earning a tougher penalty for Hamilton?
2021 F1 season
Posted on
28th July 2021, 7:1928th July 2021, 1:22 | Written by Keith Collantine

Tomorrow the FIA stewards will deliberate Red Bull’s petition for a review of the penalty decision against Lewis Hamilton during the last race at Silverstone.

It’s safe to assume the world championship leaders do not believe their closest rival’s 10-second time penalty, and two penalty points, was too harsh. Having been powerless to stop him winning the British Grand Prix following his first lap collision with Max Verstappen, which left a severely damaged RB16B in the Copse barrier, Red Bull is seeking any possible benefit from a clash which, as it stands, has cost them dearly.

The top prize for Red Bull would be a tougher penalty for Hamilton which redresses the balance of the 24-point swing in his favour which occured last time out. Failing that, another penalty point which edges Hamilton that bit closer to the threat of an automatic ban would be some recompense. If nothing else, they’re throwing another distraction at rivals Mercedes.

https://www.racefans.net/2021/07/28/will-red-bull-succeed-again-in-earning-a-tougher-penalty-for-hamilton/

Verstappen set to testify in Red Bull protest
JULY 28, 2021

Much more seriously, meanwhile, the FIA confirmed that Red Bull did indeed follow up on its threat to formally dissent from Hamilton’s 10-second in-race penalty for causing the crash – which still enabled him to win the race.

The document called on Red Bull’s team manager “and such witnesses as the competitor may request” to appear for the protest hearing via video link at 4pm local time in Hungary on Thursday.

Early speculation is that the ‘new evidence’ that Red Bull would need to proffer to be successful is the personal testimony of Verstappen.
“I know what happened at Silverstone as I was in the car,” Verstappen said on Tuesday, “and obviously I feel a certain way about how my race ended.

https://grandpx.news/verstappen-set-to-testify-in-red-bull-protest/

Nitrodaze
28th July 2021, 11:16
Redbull is pathetic really. What sore losers?

That said, we get to see this process in action. As l have never heard or seen the steward's decision challenged like this since the beginning of the hybrid era at least. This sitting of the review board gives us a test of what racing is going to be like in the new era where racing is going to be closer than we currently experience. Hence, would be prone to more crashes of this nature. Are we going to be seeing a long line to the review board in the future?

There is the other dynamic as well. Mercedes being largely punished by the 2021 regulation, how would they take a ruling that further punishes them for what they strongly believe was a racing incident that does not warrant a penalty in the first place.

Bagwan
28th July 2021, 13:04
I ain't

There you go again .

Fortitude
28th July 2021, 16:32
Marko: New evidence will put crash in ‘slightly different light’
By: Luke Smith
Jul 28, 2021, 2:37 PM

Helmut Marko believes new evidence brought by Red Bull to Thursday’s FIA hearing will put the Formula 1 crash between Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton in a “slightly different light”.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/marko-red-bull-evidence-verstappen-crash/6637969/

HELMUT MARKO
Marko still calling for Hamilton race ban

Author Nigel Chiu

The Red Bull advisor is urging for Lewis Hamilton to be suspended after Red Bull lodged a petition to request a review of the penalty that was given to the Mercedes driver at the British Grand Prix.

https://racingnews365.com/marko-still-calling-for-hamilton-race-ban

Red Bull strategy important weapon: 'Always have an idea what to do'.
28-07-2021 13:17 | Updated: 28-07-2021 13:19
by GPblog.com

The strategy during the race is next to the drivers that are in the cars and the car that is being developed is the most important part of the race. A part with which, as we have seen a few times this year, races can be won.

In an article on Red bull's website, Head of Race Strategy Will Courtenay and Senior Strategy Engineer Hannah Schmitz elaborate on what is involved in such a preparation.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/90164/red-bull-strategy-important-weapon-always-have-an-idea-what-to-do.html

What evidence will Red Bull bring in? "Going to come up with GPS data"
28-07-2021 15:31 | Updated: 28-07-2021 16:00
by GPblog.com

Martin Brundle suspects that Red Bull Racing will come up with GPS data from Lewis Hamilton to convince the stewards that a heavier penalty for the British driver of Mercedes would be justified. The decision on whether the ten-second penalty should remain, be reduced or be increased is unlikely to be made before Thursday.

"It’s really hard to get new information that the stewards haven’t seen because they’ve got incredible amounts of data coming off the car and different video angles and lots of stuff we don’t get access to," Brundle stated for his employer Sky Sports. Only when there is new evidence will the stewards reconsider their judgement, but it's a long process.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/90178/what-evidence-will-red-bull-bring-in-going-to-come-up-with-gps-data.html

F1 legend Martin Brundle explains what Red Bull must do to win Lewis Hamilton crash appeal
The legendary broadcaster has explained how he thinks Red Bull could try and make Formula 1 worsen Hamilton's punishment with their appeal.
By Matt Foster
PUBLISHED: 14:54, Wed, Jul 28, 2021 | UPDATED: 14:54, Wed, Jul 28, 2021

Martin Brundle has offered his expert opinion on what Red Bull need to do to successfully increase Lewis Hamilton’s punishment for his involvement in a crash with Max Verstappen at Silverstone. The crash forced Verstappen out of the race, while Hamilton overcame his original 10-second penalty to win the race.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-autosport/1468866/F1-legend-Brundle-explains-what-Red-Bull-win-Lewis-Hamilton-crash-appeal

Red Bull's Horner defends Hamilton comments after Wolff criticism
Ben Issatt
Formula 1
28 July 2021

Christian Horner has defended comments he made about Lewis Hamilton at the British Grand Prix.

The Red Bull chief slammed the seven-time world champion for, in his view, committing a "professional foul" when he made contact with Max Verstappen on the opening lap at Silverstone, sending the Dutchman into the barrier at high-speed.

Horner then went further calling Hamilton a "dirty driver" and hoped he was "very happy with himself" after a "hollow victory".

“But you only have to look at the fact Max has zero penalty points on his licence and has not been found guilty of any on-track misjudgements in recent years.

“The aggressive 17-year-old F1 rookie Max Verstappen that Hamilton is referring to is not the Max Verstappen of today, just as Hamilton is not the same driver he was when he entered the sport.

“Both drivers are, of course, uncompromising in their driving style, but they are both highly skilled drivers with a great deal of experience.

“The reality is that Hamilton has met his match in a car that is now competitive and I agree both drivers need to show each other respect, but Hamilton was the aggressor on Sunday.”

“I am still disappointed about the level of celebrations enjoyed in the wake of the accident,” he said.

“The Mercedes team were aware of the gravity of the crash, with Max widely reported as having been hospitalised and requiring further checks.

“It is unimaginable not to inform your driver of the situation, moreover to protect your driver in case they do not show the necessary restraint in celebrating, particularly when it was as a result of an incident he was penalised for.”

https://www.insideracing.com/formula-1/14919-red-bull-s-horner-defends-hamilton-comments-after-wolff-criticism

Zico
28th July 2021, 17:04
Redbull is pathetic really. What sore losers?

That said, we get to see this process in action. As l have never heard or seen the steward's decision challenged like this since the beginning of the hybrid era at least. This sitting of the review board gives us a test of what racing is going to be like in the new era where racing is going to be closer than we currently experience. Hence, would be prone to more crashes of this nature. Are we going to be seeing a long line to the review board in the future?

There is the other dynamic as well. Mercedes being largely punished by the 2021 regulation, how would they take a ruling that further punishes them for what they strongly believe was a racing incident that does not warrant a penalty in the first place.

Well what do you expect? It has cost them in the region of £1.3m, not far off the seasons cost capped budget which has almost scuppered their chances for the championship this year.
I bet Merc would do the exact same.... in fact in lobbying the FIA to change the bendy wing test and in trying to remove RB's faster pitstop advantage by asking for the removal of their semi automated system under the false guise of safety, they have shown themselves to be no different... in fact I'd say even worse! :D

Fortitude
29th July 2021, 08:52
Red Bull to present ‘new facts’ in Thursday protest
ANDREW MAITLAND
JULY 29, 2021

Dr Helmut Marko is confident Red Bull will be able to put Max Verstappen’s Silverstone crash “in a different light” during an FIA hearing on Thursday.

The championship leaders are challenging Lewis Hamilton’s in-race, 10-second penalty for the clash that still enabled him to win the British GP.

Top official Dr Marko says the Austrian camp has “new evidence” ready that will “put the accident in a different light” when the video hearing takes place in Hungary.

“We are bringing new facts that were not available to us at the time the race was suspended,” the 78-year-old told RTL.

https://grandpx.news/red-bull-to-present-new-facts-in-thursday-protest/

Horner slates Mercedes "overly aggressive" Verstappen jibe as "unjustified"
Ewan Gale
Thursday 29 July 2021 04:00

Writing in his Red Bull column, Horner said: "I felt the narrative that Max was being ‘overly aggressive’ at that stage was unjustified.

"You only have to look at the fact Max has zero penalty points on his licence and has not been found guilty of any on-track misjudgements in recent years.

"The aggressive 17-year-old F1 rookie Max Verstappen that Hamilton is referring to is not the Max Verstappen of today, just as Hamilton is not the same driver he was when he entered the sport.

"Both drivers are of course uncompromising in their driving style, but they are both highly skilled drivers with a great deal of experience.

"The reality is that Hamilton has met his match in a car that is now competitive, and I agree that both drivers need to show each other respect, but Hamilton was the aggressor on Sunday."

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/67951/horner-slates-mercedes-overly-aggressive-verstappen-jibe-as-unjustified/

Marko: New evidence will put Silverstone crash in 'different light'
Phillip van Osten29/07/2021 at 08:58

Red Bull is hopeful that new evidence introduced to the FIA stewards on Thursday will put the crash between Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton at Silverstone in a "slightly different light".

"Those facts will be brought forward on Thursday, and we hope that that will [result in] a reassessment, because we still think that this penalty was too lenient for Hamilton," Marko said.

The Austrian added that Red Bull's "completely different opinion" regarding Hamilton's responsibility in the collision would be "proven with footage".

"The crux of the matter is that we bring new evidence, new facts," said Marko. "But I can't reveal these details."

https://f1i.com/news/413419-marko-new-evidence-will-put-silverstone-crash-in-different-light.html

Nitrodaze
29th July 2021, 08:53
Well what do you expect? It has cost them in the region of £1.3m, not far off the seasons cost capped budget which has almost scuppered their chances for the championship this year.
I bet Merc would do the exact same.... in fact in lobbying the FIA to change the bendy wing test and in trying to remove RB's faster pitstop advantage by asking for the removal of their semi automated system under the false guise of safety, they have shown themselves to be no different... in fact I'd say even worse! :D

At least try to know what you are talking about. The cost cap is $145m which puts the cost of the crash at about 1% of the Redbull budget for the 2021 season. About the bendy wings, the Mercedes wings bend too. I doubt Mercedes had anything to do with the pitstop rule change.

We see here the measure of your overreaction to the crash.

Zico
29th July 2021, 15:41
At least try to know what you are talking about. The cost cap is $145m which puts the cost of the crash at about 1% of the Redbull budget for the 2021 season. About the bendy wings, the Mercedes wings bend too. I doubt Mercedes had anything to do with the pitstop rule change.

We see here the measure of your overreaction to the crash.

I meant to say half of their budget set aside for developing this seasons car not the 22 car.
Horner talked about a £2.5m figure in one of the videos about it putting a huge dent in their development finances but if he's wrong on that you should call him and tell him. I'd have thought he'd know his figures though.

The Merc wings bend too is your self defeating argument? :D Doesn't that make it even more pathetic?

Re- the pit stop rule change, Wolff admitted they 'may' have had a part in bringing in the rule change but denied it was aimed at slowing down RB.

https://www.racefans.net/2021/06/25/mercedes-queried-fia-over-pit-stop-procedures-last-month/

The Black Knight
29th July 2021, 15:57
I meant to say half of their budget set aside for developing this seasons car not the 22 car.
Horner talked about a £2.5m figure in one of the videos about it putting a huge dent in their development finances but if he's wrong on that you should call him and tell him. I'd have thought he'd know his figures though.

The Merc wings bend too is your self defeating argument? :D Doesn't that make it even more pathetic?

Re- the pit stop rule change, Wolff admitted they 'may' have had a part in bringing in the rule change but denied it was aimed at slowing down RB.

https://www.racefans.net/2021/06/25/mercedes-queried-fia-over-pit-stop-procedures-last-month/

Mercedes made an inquiry about a safety mechanism they use and optimising it. To suggest they somehow orchestrated it is a very far stretch and looks pretty desperate.

Nitrodaze
29th July 2021, 17:29

Well, you are effectively saying Redbull plans to spend about 2% of the $145 million on developing this year's car. Stop while you are ahead buddy.

Zico
29th July 2021, 17:49
Mercedes made an inquiry about a safety mechanism they use and optimising it. To suggest they somehow orchestrated it is a very far stretch and looks pretty desperate.

So it was a sheer coincidence, despite very recently losing out to RB's faster pitstops... and its purely a safety mechanism because we cant have wheels flying off can we, even though that hasn't been an issue at all as of late. No ulterior motives here at all guv.. honest.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/mercedes-stole-red-bull-advantage/

Dismiss Marko all you want but I reckon if it was Merc saying that, you'd believe it.

Zico
29th July 2021, 18:04
Well, you are effectively saying Redbull plans to spend about 2% of the $145 million on developing this year's car. Stop while you are ahead buddy.

Well Merc said they didn't intend to spend/develop any more upgrades on the 21 car and are putting the development pot into the 22 car instead, why is it so difficult for you to believe similar for RB too? So are they both lying.. or just Red Bull?

Fortitude
29th July 2021, 18:20
Red Bull fail with Hamilton penalty review – report
Date published: July 29 2021 - Jon Wilde

Red Bull have reportedly failed in their attempt to have a greater penalty imposed on Lewis Hamilton for his Silverstone collision with Max Verstappen.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/red-bull-fail-silverstone-penalty-review/

Verstappen appreciates Red Bull: "Confirms that I'm with the right team"
29-07-2021 18:54 | Updated: 29-07-2021 19:04
by GPblog.com

…Verstappen is particularly pleased with his team's response.

"How Red Bull reacted after Silverstone and how everyone handled everything confirms to me that I'm really with the right team. They go through the fire for me and I got calls and messages from everyone. The warmth I feel in our team is something you won't see in another team soon, I think."

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/90269/verstappen-appreciates-red-bull-confirms-for-me-that-i-m-with-the-right-team.html

Protest Red Bull unsuccessful; no heavier penalty for Hamilton
29-07-2021 17:05 | Updated: 29-07-2021 17:07
by GPblog.com

FIA does not go along with Red Bull
Red Bull's protest was unsuccessful however. The FIA does not accept the protest of Verstappen's team and Hamilton will not be given a heavier penalty. According to the stewards, Red Bull did not provide significant additional evidence, as reported by Telegraaf journalist Erik van Haaren on Twitter.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/90259/protest-red-bull-unsuccessful-no-heavier-penalty-for-hamilton.html

The Black Knight
29th July 2021, 18:43
So it was a sheer coincidence, despite very recently losing out to RB's faster pitstops... and its purely a safety mechanism because we cant have wheels flying off can we, even though that hasn't been an issue at all as of late. No ulterior motives here at all guv.. honest.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/mercedes-stole-red-bull-advantage/

Dismiss Marko all you want but I reckon if it was Merc saying that, you'd believe it.

Marko isn't exactly the most reliable mouthpiece- take everything he says with a pinch of salt.

The Black Knight
29th July 2021, 18:47
Well Merc said they didn't intend to spend/develop any more upgrades on the 21 car and are putting the development pot into the 22 car instead, why is it so difficult for you to believe similar for RB too? So are they both lying.. or just Red Bull?

It has been pretty clear that RBR have been bringing more development updates to their car in recent races. Mercedes afaik are not bringing anymore after Silverstone this season. Given 8 years without a title I think they are willing to sacrifice some performance for next year. On the other hand, with 7 titles in the bag, it's not as big a deal for Mercedes if they lose one to have a couple years of further dominance from next season.

Nitrodaze
29th July 2021, 19:58

I think the cost of next seasons car is out of next season's budget.

BTW, the stewards threw out Redbulls request for a heavier penalty for Hamilton. What a waste of the steward's time eh?

truefan72
29th July 2021, 21:52
BTW, the stewards threw out Redbulls request for a heavier penalty for Hamilton. What a waste of the steward's time eh?
I've never seen something this desperate and ridiculous. and the FIA statement pretty much echoes that sentiment with their ruling.
RBR should be ashamed of themselves and I'm pretty sure they aren't making any friends in the paddock.
We will see what happens when Max or Sergio are involved in a racing incident and how other teams will respond to them.
Probably nowhere close to these ridiculous heights.
Also, Verstappen doesn't seem to have learned anything with his comments earlier today.

Fortitude
30th July 2021, 11:19
Red Bull would walk through fire for me says Verstappen
JULY 30, 2021

Max Verstappen says the saga following his 51G crash at Silverstone has only reinforced his notion that "I'm on the right team".

https://www.grandprix.com/news/red-bull-would-walk-through-fire-for-me-says-verstappen.html

Red Bull reaction proves Max is with ‘right team’
Date published: July 30 2021 - Michelle Foster

Max Verstappen says the way Red Bull rallied around him after his British GP crash is proof that he is with the “right team”.

Although the Dutchman has a long-term contract with Red Bull that runs until the end of the 2023 season, rumours that Mercedes want to sign him are still whispered around the paddock.

That, though, potentially ended last time out at Silverstone.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/max-verstappen-red-bull-right-team/

F1 spat spices up as Max Verstappen slams 'disrespectful' Lewis Hamilton
JEROME PUGMIRE12:26, Jul 30 2021

Formula One has a bitter rivalry developing with Max Verstappen labelling Lewis Hamilton's victory celebrations at the British Grand Prix “really disrespectful'' considering he was in the hospital after being knocked out of the race by him.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/motorsport/125918170/f1-spat-spices-up-as-max-verstappen-slams-disrespectful-lewis-hamilton

MARTIN SAMUEL: Lewis Hamilton's feud with Max Verstappen is GREAT for Formula One... after the rivals clashed spectacularly at Silverstone, the rematch in Budapest is capturing the imagination just like Ayrton Senna's famous rivalry with Alain Prost

• Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen collided early on at the British Grand Prix

• The Red Bull star was upset by Hamilton's elaborate celebrations at Silverstone

• The rivals are set for a rematch at the Hungarian Grand Prix this weekend

• Memories of Ayrton Senna's rivalry with Alain Prost are brewing this season

By Martin Samuel - Sport for the Daily Mail
Published: 22:30, 29 July 2021 | Updated: 01:05, 30 July 2021

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-9840977/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Lewis-Hamiltons-feud-Max-Verstappen-great-Formula-One.html

Nitrodaze
30th July 2021, 17:56

Whatever Redbull or Mercedes are doing, l am sure they would be spending more than $2.5m on this season's car by the time we get to Abu Dhabi.

Zico
30th July 2021, 22:46
Whatever Redbull or Mercedes are doing, l am sure they would be spending more than $2.5m on this season's car by the time we get to Abu Dhabi.

As Horner is a Brit I'm sure he likely meant GBP which would be almost $3.5m.

Maybe they will change their allocated budget depending on how tight the battle is, well they will almost definately have to now.. but believe it or not, that was the figure mentioned.

Remember the cost capped $145m (£104m) budget is a huge reduction on what teams like Red Bull and Merc could previously spend and with the importance of having to also develop a whole new car for 22 rather than a mere evolution of this years car, the have to find a pot to limit and that is about the only one they can if they dont want to also compromise the next 5-6 years by being behind from the get go.. so I do find it believable.

What makes you think this seasons development of the 22 car comes out of next seasons budget.. do you have a link? I dont remember ever reading about that anywhere and it would be rather strange accounting to say the least... officially FIA sanctioned due to the car change?

As a 'Company Director' as stated in your profile, I'd have thought you'd have a really strong grasp on finances.. or is that just complete BS too?

Nitrodaze
31st July 2021, 09:30
There you go again .

Ok then, you got me. I am no good at avoiding talking to you. Shall we be buddies again now this fiasco is over? On to the next one :-)

Nitrodaze
31st July 2021, 09:32
As Horner is a Brit I'm sure he likely meant GBP which would be almost $3.5m.

Maybe they will change their allocated budget depending on how tight the battle is, well they will almost definately have to now.. but believe it or not, that was the figure mentioned.

Remember the cost capped $145m (£104m) budget is a huge reduction on what teams like Red Bull and Merc could previously spend and with the importance of having to also develop a whole new car for 22 rather than a mere evolution of this years car, the have to find a pot to limit and that is about the only one they can if they dont want to also compromise the next 5-6 years by being behind from the get go.. so I do find it believable.

What makes you think this seasons development of the 22 car comes out of next seasons budget.. do you have a link? I dont remember ever reading about that anywhere and it would be rather strange accounting to say the least... officially FIA sanctioned due to the car change?

As a 'Company Director' as stated in your profile, I'd have thought you'd have a really strong grasp on finances.. or is that just complete BS too?

Whichever way you put it, it still sounds ridiculous. They are not going to spend 3.5% of the budget on this season's car. They are going to spend a lot more than that.

Zico
31st July 2021, 09:50
Whichever way you put it, it still sounds ridiculous. They are not going to spend 3.5% of the budget on this season's car. They are going to spend a lot more than that.

It would be in normal uncapped circumstances or without a new car in the pipeline but I guess something has to take a budget hit and Merc basically said the same pot is being hit with them.

Nitrodaze
31st July 2021, 18:31
It would be in normal uncapped circumstances or without a new car in the pipeline but I guess something has to take a budget hit and Merc basically said the same pot is being hit with them.

Here is where the championship shall be won. The team that has planned a better budget for this season's campaign would win it.

The Black Knight
9th August 2021, 11:51
This is a good video which shows the double standard that Christian Horner and Max apply to themselves compared to Silverstone this year. Look at Portugal and the botched overtake attempt he did on (I think it was Stroll IIRC) and how he "stuck a wheel up the inside". He was never going to make that corner. On the other hand, going into Copse in Silverstone, Lewis front wing was past Max's front Wheel but yet they think that what Max did in Portugal was acceptable and not what Lewis did in Silverstone. Both are relatively fast corners (Copse faster) but if Max was entitled to attempt and overtake in Portugal, Hamilton was 100% entitled to attempt the overtake at Copse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nPVvwactoA

F1nKS
9th August 2021, 22:19
This is a good video which shows the double standard that Christian Horner and Max apply to themselves compared to Silverstone this year. Look at Portugal and the botched overtake attempt he did on (I think it was Stroll IIRC) and how he "stuck a wheel up the inside". He was never going to make that corner. On the other hand, going into Copse in Silverstone, Lewis front wing was past Max's front Wheel but yet they think that what Max did in Portugal was acceptable and not what Lewis did in Silverstone. Both are relatively fast corners (Copse faster) but if Max was entitled to attempt and overtake in Portugal, Hamilton was 100% entitled to attempt the overtake at Copse.

CrashStappen!

Nitrodaze
9th August 2021, 23:45

He drives like he is in GP3 really.