PDA

View Full Version : Gordy-poo 3rd win in the season??

CA Racetramp
14th May 2007, 04:20
He must be back to cheatin' again

blakebeatty
14th May 2007, 04:21
Nope, he is just THAT DAMNED GOOD!

CA Racetramp
14th May 2007, 04:46
At Cheatin.............

RCR29FAN
14th May 2007, 05:11
At Cheatin.............

LOL! How ya doing Tramp? Still holding forth in the anti-gordhead league I see. :D

Lee Roy
14th May 2007, 10:58
Jeffy's kickin' butt this year. I predict a 5th championship for him and moving to #3 on the all time win list.

GO JEFFY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Georgeboi999
14th May 2007, 12:16
At Cheatin.............

You can see NASCAR favours him and the Hendrick team more then anybody else.

BenRoethig
14th May 2007, 13:03
The don't favor anyone. They just have the best drivers and equipment, as ashamed as I am to admit it. They were doing this long before the CoT. After all the BS with his ex and trying to get the 48 team up and running, I don't his head was fully in it the last couple of years.

Georgeboi999
14th May 2007, 13:07
No they do. What happen at Talladega proves my point.

muggle not
14th May 2007, 14:09
racetramp et al, must be tough to always be a fan of losers. :)

e2mtt
14th May 2007, 14:55
...After all the BS with his ex and trying to get the 48 team up and running, I don't his head was fully in it the last couple of years.

I think you are right - much more then I realized. (or course, he did win his 5th championship in points scored, the year Kurt Busch won the chase.) I had written Jeff off as over-rated, a product of being younger & having better equipment then his competitors back when he won his championships, but this recent domination is insane. Him and Jimmie are treating Nextel like Harvick did to the Busch series last year.

CA Racetramp
14th May 2007, 15:30
LOL! How ya doing Tramp? Still holding forth in the anti-gordhead league I see. :D RCR29FAN, I'm doing fine. I'm still carrying the torch for the Anti-gorhead brigade. I thought I would drop in and stir the pot a little. You know, let the Gordy-poo band wagon fans know there are still some of us who don't care for him.

harvick#1
14th May 2007, 18:19
:wave:

Cindy_AL
14th May 2007, 18:38
Hi Tramp & RCR! :wave:

Nice to see you two back. :)

blakebeatty
14th May 2007, 19:21
Hmmmm....

I wonder which team passed inspection cleanly this weekend, and which was caught with illegal wing brackets????

That crazy ol' 8 bunch is up to their old tricks!

Dick Blom
14th May 2007, 19:39
At Cheatin.............

Hi Tramp, it has been awhile, but I see you are still hanging in there, just in case anyone might think Jeff is really the best all time driver in NASCAR! As for Jeff's "off" years I think they can all be laid at the feet of one Robbi Loomas! With Steve Latart in charge it is starting to look like '98 all over again. [b}YEA[/B]

Al E
14th May 2007, 22:08
Way to go Jeff "The Jett" Gordon. Hope you win the championship

R. Mears
14th May 2007, 22:19
Just another fine performance by Mr. Gordon. ;)

Maybe he will get that championship this year that he got screwed out of when nextel came to town.

I still maintain he with the most points should win. Not just the most out of the last 10 races BS.

blakebeatty
15th May 2007, 00:20
yeah, kurt busch was not deserving of that title. Jimmie had 8 wins that year, and Gordon had an incredible year. Either of them should have had it. Funny that the system failed in the first attempt

Lee Roy
15th May 2007, 02:08
Kurt Busch won that championship. Deal with it.

harvick#1
15th May 2007, 02:29
exactly.

just like how LSU won the National Championship in 03, USC can cry all they want.

Kurt won it fair and square. If Jeff was so good at that point, those 10 races shouldn't have mattered.

muggle not
15th May 2007, 03:15
Gee, how many races has Jeff won now in his career. He is winning so many that it is hard to keep up with him. :)

24thunder
15th May 2007, 04:45
Gee, how many races has Jeff won now in his career. He is winning so many that it is hard to keep up with him. :)

Yes,it is recently,but here's the answer:

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
15th May 2007, 09:47
Gordon is doing a great job. The main reason he is winning these races is by makin less mistakes than the other teams. the 11 has screwed up a few times so has the 20 and both those cars have looked strong during these races.

RCR29FAN
15th May 2007, 14:44
Hi Tramp & RCR! :wave:

Nice to see you two back. :)

Hi Cindy_AL! Nice to see you too, just have to drop in occaisionally to see what the old gang is up to.

Cindy_AL
15th May 2007, 15:38
Hi Cindy_AL! Nice to see you too, just have to drop in occaisionally to see what the old gang is up to.

We're still hanging around. You should drop in more often. :)

Alexamateo
15th May 2007, 16:56
Gordon is doing a great job. The main reason he is winning these races is by makin less mistakes than the other teams. the 11 has screwed up a few times so has the 20 and both those cars have looked strong during these races.

and even when things go wrong, he gets the breaks. Richard Petty used to say, "When you win, all the wrecks happen behind you", and "I'd rather be lucky than good"

Of course, luck favors the prepared man, and they are prepared to take advantage when they can. Jeff's engine could have easily blown up, and Denny Hamlin's guys could have held onto those lugnuts, but "That's racing!"

Last year, he didn't get the breaks. Remember a chunk of the racetrack puncturing his radiator at Martinsville when he had the field covered. These things have a way of evening out, but regardless, they are up there and prepared to "luck" into a win every week.

Lee Roy
15th May 2007, 18:15
Luck = When preperation meets opportunity.

R. Mears
15th May 2007, 21:01
And if the new system didn't take effect till the following year would you still think Busch should win it?

Lee Roy
15th May 2007, 21:16
And if the new system didn't take effect till the following year would you still think Busch should win it?

That was the system that year, and Kurt Busch won. Bottom line. Pointless speculation doesn't matter.

R. Mears
15th May 2007, 21:25
That was the system that year, and Kurt Busch won. Bottom line. Pointless speculation doesn't matter.
Well then we mind as well delete most of the posts in this forum. Just look around at how much "pointless" speculation there is.

BTW thank for the obvious info.