PDA

View Full Version : Earnhardt Signs with RCR

call_me_andrew
14th May 2007, 02:54
Richard Childress has announced that they will feature Dale Earnhardt Sr.'s son in 2008. GM Goodwrench is rumored to in talks with RCR about a new sponsorship deal. RCR has confirmed that the car will be black and bear the number three.

Teresa Earnhardt has not yet been reached for comment.

The first start for Kerry is expected to be at Daytona in February.

And that's where the average redneck wakes up in a cold sweat.

xtlm
14th May 2007, 03:05
Link?

I can't find this anywhere

dont_be_jack
14th May 2007, 03:15
Ah, finally caught it.

call_me_andrew
14th May 2007, 06:57
Link?

I can't find this anywhere

That's becuase I made it up. You've just participated in what's known as a prank. First I said "Dale Earnhardt's son" not specifying which son, then I revealed it to be Kerry, finally I made the whole thing out to be a dream to keep people from getting too excited over it. It's like that episode of Dallas where Patrick Duffy told Victoria Principal that she had dreamt the entire prevoius season.

xtlm
14th May 2007, 07:47
hmm, next time i should read the post more throughly...not just a quick skim ... lol

i knew something was fishy...because i heard nothing on the broadcast

oh well, u got me

Erki
14th May 2007, 09:34
Good one, andrew. :up:

colinspooky
14th May 2007, 09:40
erm.......... err............ yeah. Amusing. Maybe............. hmm... :rolleyes:

Georgeboi999
14th May 2007, 10:53
Ok then.

R. Mears
14th May 2007, 20:42
Richard Childress has announced that they will feature Dale Earnhardt Sr.'s son in 2008. GM Goodwrench is rumored to in talks with RCR about a new sponsorship deal. RCR has confirmed that the car will be black and bear the number three.

The first start for Kerry is expected to be at Daytona in February.

LOL nice try. Thought it was funny when(Dale Earnhardt Sr.'s son )and(RCR has confirmed that the car will be black and bear the number three.)plus(The first start for Kerry).

Wasn't the #3 retired?

call_me_andrew
15th May 2007, 08:48
NASCAR has never retired a number. They didn't retire #43, no way are they going to retire #3.

tstran17_88
15th May 2007, 19:00
I'd say the #3 is semi-retired though. Nascar owns the numbers and can demand them back from a team at anytime, especially if they aren't used...obviously which they haven't done to RCR.

IMSAFAN1
16th May 2007, 13:07
first off...RCR doesn't own the number 3...DEI does. Don't expect to see that coming back anytime soon.

Lee Roy
16th May 2007, 14:12
first off...RCR doesn't own the number 3...DEI does. Don't expect to see that coming back anytime soon.

First, NASCAR "owns" all of the numbers. The teams have exclusive use of particular numbers as long as they want them, for example #43 at Petty Eneterprises and #21 at the Woods Brothers.

DEI has never used the #3 in NEXTEL Cup. Ever. It has been at RCR for many years. Richard used it when he was driving in the 1970s. It will be at RCR as long as Richard Childress wants it, or until NASCAR gives exclusive use of it to another team.

RaceFanStan
16th May 2007, 22:52
Dale Earnhardt patented the special styled slanted #3 that he used in Winston Cup.
I imagine Teresa inherited the patent & the use of the special styled slanted #3.
Teresa owns the special styled slanted #3 but NASCAR owns the use of the #3.
Only the special styled #3 is patented, not the use of the number.

Jonesi
16th May 2007, 23:10
Dale Earnhardt patented the special styled slanted #3 that he used in Winston Cup.
I imagine Teresa inherited the patent & the use of the special styled slanted #3.
Teresa owns the special styled slanted #3 but NASCAR owns the use of the #3.
Only the special styled #3 is patented, not the use of the number.

I think you mean trademark not patent.

Mark in Oshawa
17th May 2007, 17:26
Well now that JR. Is a free agent, you have to know the pressure to put him in a "3" from RCR is going to be starting, and the sad part is, I suspect Jr. would rather take his 8 and win championships.....He want to be his own man, and good on him for that...