PDA

View Full Version : F1 masks

Bagwan
7th April 2021, 15:11
With F1 teams capable of achieving incredible feats of engineering , why on earth can they not perfect the masks they supply their crews ?

The TV guys and gals wear the N95 standard issue , and rarely have to touch it , but the majority wear their own designs that are constantly needing adjustment .
The one specific guy I remember needing to push it up his nose about every six or seven words spoken was Red Charles .

To me , it reflects poorly on the whole circus that these poorly functioning masks are showcased to the world .

Even the rudder nose of the honey badger can't keep the mask in place , for crying out loud .
That's funny , but it's not funny because it isn't safe .

It is amateur hour during the interviews .

Whyzars
8th April 2021, 13:52
With F1 teams capable of achieving incredible feats of engineering , why on earth can they not perfect the masks they supply their crews ?

I agree that F1 engineers could be tasked with designing a better mask or even design a mask alternative that provides the same functionality or better.

Some out of the box thinking could change our world. Testing a mask versus a mouthwash for example. F1 is about finding solutions to problems and then selling it to the masses.

A better mask would be good, A mouthwash that replicates a "mask" for 6 hours could be revolutionary.

Bagwan
8th April 2021, 21:46
I agree that F1 engineers could be tasked with designing a better mask or even design a mask alternative that provides the same functionality or better.

Some out of the box thinking could change our world. Testing a mask versus a mouthwash for example. F1 is about finding solutions to problems and then selling it to the masses.

A better mask would be good, A mouthwash that replicates a "mask" for 6 hours could be revolutionary.

It would be rather "magical" , though , wouldn't it ?
I guess it would stop some transmission , and kill a virus in the mouth , but as COVID is aerosol often when being transmitted , the lungs are what need to be protected .
You'd need to snort some mouthwash as well , but that wouldn't necessarily protect the lungs either .

The mask seems the only way .
But , it certainly isn't perfect .
And , it clearly shouldn't be "one size fits all" .

Get it together F1 .

Steve Boyd
8th April 2021, 23:33
Just wear a 'G' string.

Put the waist bit just under your chin and tie tight round the back of the neck and use the ass-crack string to make sure your nose stays covered. :D

F1nKS
9th April 2021, 13:37
The other annoying thing is some wear mask with valves, which defeat the purpose of the masks.

Bagwan
9th April 2021, 14:23
Just wear a 'G' string.

Put the waist bit just under your chin and tie tight round the back of the neck and use the ass-crack string to make sure your nose stays covered. :D

The "ass crack" bit sounds like it would look too "Hannibal Lecter" to me .
It might not catch on .
But , that's the "thinking outside the box" kind of thinking that we need here , Steve .

In my experience , G-strings almost always stay firmly in place when you talk .

Bagwan
9th April 2021, 14:25
The other annoying thing is some wear mask with valves, which defeat the purpose of the masks.

Happily , I haven't seen any valves in F1 masks , so at least they got that right .

F1nKS
9th April 2021, 20:41
Happily , I haven't seen any valves in F1 masks , so at least they got that right .

Watch Hamilton, he will have a mask with valve at time.

The Black Knight
10th April 2021, 09:10

The TV guys and gals wear the N95 standard issue , and rarely have to touch it , but the majority wear their own designs that are constantly needing adjustment .
The one specific guy I remember needing to push it up his nose about every six or seven words spoken was Red Charles .

To me , it reflects poorly on the whole circus that these poorly functioning masks are showcased to the world .

Even the rudder nose of the honey badger can't keep the mask in place , for crying out loud .
That's funny , but it's not funny because it isn't safe .

It is amateur hour during the interviews .

I have a better idea. Stop wearing masks.

pantealex
10th April 2021, 12:00
You are 1 year late with your mask worries :)

Bagwan
10th April 2021, 12:29

Just one of the "herd" , then , are we ?

F1nKS
10th April 2021, 14:04

It all theater. Like there is a reason to be wearing mask when you are outside.

Also you could see on Drive to Survive when they were out of the public eye, they don't wear their masks.

Zico
10th April 2021, 15:54
Just one of the "herd" , then , are we ?

No, one of the flock BAAAA...gwan

Jag_Warrior
10th April 2021, 17:37
Watch Hamilton, he will have a mask with valve at time.

Yes, he was wearing that type at the last race. Some also wear masks with the slits. Neither type is allowed in many doctors' offices here in my state.

As for the constant touching and readjusting, I noticed that last year and found it annoying to watch. Both Vettel and Leclerc seemed to be most affected. Not sure why. Since Vettel still does it (though maybe not as much) at Aston, maybe something to do with the shape of his face? But I suspect that it's more to do with the mask designs, as I've notice it with other drivers too.

Here in the U.S., when people try to debate mask protocols, I'm still amazed at how many people STILL do not realize that the mask wearer is protecting others from transmission, not himself.

Zico
10th April 2021, 18:04
Yes, he was wearing that type at the last race. Some also wear masks with the slits. Neither type is allowed in many doctors' offices here in my state.

I'm surprised to read that.. Slits would make the masks pretty much a token gesture.
On first seeing them I thought the slits must be more for fit and they must still have filter material behind them?

Bagwan
11th April 2021, 18:45
No, one of the flock BAAAA...gwan

Have you herd of heard immunity ?

Bagwan
11th April 2021, 19:07
Here in the U.S., when people try to debate mask protocols, I'm still amazed at how many people STILL do not realize that the mask wearer is protecting others from transmission, not himself.

I find it amazing that people don't seem to realize that the more who are infected , the more possibility of more mutations we haven't seen yet .
The ones we have already seen make it primarily easier to be infected , but there are also trends showing younger people becoming more seriously effected more often .

The real doomsday view is to postulate that it never does go away .
I do hope this isn't the case , and I don't believe it will be , but ignoring health warnings and not obeying masking protocol will only extend the time frame for them being mandated .

F1nKS
12th April 2021, 02:00
Historically, pandemics are generally worse in year 2 and 3.

The Black Knight
12th April 2021, 13:00
Historically, pandemics are generally worse in year 2 and 3.

It’s not a pandemic, not even close.

Bagwan
12th April 2021, 14:03
It’s not a pandemic, not even close.

Is there any irony present when a guy named after a character from a Monty Python movie who wouldn't accept reality questions reality ?

Zico
12th April 2021, 16:20
Have you herd of heard immunity ?

:D No, but I've heard of herd immunity.

The Black Knight
12th April 2021, 21:34
Is there any irony present when a guy named after a character from a Monty Python movie who wouldn't accept reality questions reality ?

You’re watching too much CNN, dude.

Bagwan
13th April 2021, 12:50
You’re watching too much CNN, dude.

Thank you for explaining . I get it now .