PDA

View Full Version : The Haas Fiasco

truefan72
26th December 2020, 16:33
I once thought really highly of this team and Steiner too.
But over the last 3 years, they have turned into a complete clown show and embarrassment

lets not forget, now that everyone was bashing Racing poin t for being a mercedes clone, that Hass showed up in F1 as a ferrari clone, and I didn't see nearly the same amount of vitriol, or for that matter, FIA sanctions (disguised as some inconsequential brake duct infraction...which was given prior approval).
Then, when called upon to truly build their own car, they have had no capability for 2 seasons to rectify their chasis isssues and correct their missteps.
Then came the whole Rich energy saga. Which if they just did their due diligence could have been avoided. Another team rejected their sponsorship and pretty quickly after the start of the season with no payments, should have bit the bullet and taken the sponsorship off the car. The fact that Steiner let the thing fester that way was disgusting.
And finaly the Mazepin situation: https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/30587588/haas-not-sack-2021-driver-mazepin
They decided to retain his services.
I don't care how much money the guy has. He absolutely shouldn't be an F1 driver, on merit or character.
what he displayed in Bahrein alone should have bene enough to eject him from any kind of contention for an F1 seat.
The guy is a danger to other drivers and has zero sportsmanship.
It is pretty pathetic all the way around and the last straw for me with this team.

To be honest, it is also somewhat of a failure and embarrassment for F1.
They have allowed this pay driver situation to get out of hand. And between, stroll, latifi, and mazepin have peversed the notion of what it is to be an actual F1 driver.
The failure to have 24-26 cars on the grid, is on them. They should have found a way to promote Campos, Arden and or Trident to F1, given all the work they have done in F2 & F3. With a proper discount on the entry fee.
The failure to ensure that the best drivers are on the grid is on them too. The series now consists of genuinely great drivers, and a slew of billionaires kids and paid drivers (supporting half the team) which is just pathetic.

Haas, embodies everything that is wrong with F1 and the continued employment of Mazepin fits right in line with their complete mismanagement of the entire team.
The best thing Gene Haas should do, is sell the team and exit stage left.

Nitrodaze
26th December 2020, 19:00
But over the last 3 years, they have turned into a complete clown show and embarrassment

lets not forget, now that everyone was bashing Racing poin t for being a mercedes clone, that Hass showed up in F1 as a ferrari clone, and I didn't see nearly the same amount of vitriol, or for that matter, FIA sanctions (disguised as some inconsequential brake duct infraction...which was given prior approval).
Then, when called upon to truly build their own car, they have had no capability for 2 seasons to rectify their chasis isssues and correct their missteps.
Then came the whole Rich energy saga. Which if they just did their due diligence could have been avoided. Another team rejected their sponsorship and pretty quickly after the start of the season with no payments, should have bit the bullet and taken the sponsorship off the car. The fact that Steiner let the thing fester that way was disgusting.
And finaly the Mazepin situation: https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/30587588/haas-not-sack-2021-driver-mazepin
I don't care how much money the guy has. He absolutely shouldn't be an F1 driver, on merit or character.
what he displayed in Bahrein alone should have bene enough to eject him from any kind of contention for an F1 seat.
It is pretty pathetic all the way around and the last straw for me with this team.

To be honest, it is also somewhat of a failure and embarrassment for F1.
They have allowed this pay driver situation to get out of hand. And between, stroll, latifi, and mazepin have peversed the notion of what it is to be an actual F1 driver.
The failure to have 24-26 cars on the grid, is on them. They should have found a way to promote Campos, Arden and or Trident to F1, given all the work they have done in F2 & F3. With a proper discount on the entry fee.
The failure to ensure that the best drivers are on the grid is on them too. The series now consists of genuinely great drivers, and a slew of billionaires kids and paid drivers (supporting half the team) which is just pathetic.

Haas, embodies everything that is wrong with F1 and the continued employment of Mazepin fits right in line with their complete mismanagement of the entire team.

I had a strong feeling that Haas would attract some strong feelings with their employ of Mazapin. Haas has steadily slipped backwards to the rear of the grid where they should have started in the first place. Mazapin in their car shall certainly make them the most disliked team of 2021. I don't mind moneybag drivers per se. As long as they have talent like Perez or can win races.

Mazapin is just a crap driver with a mannerism of a pig. There should be no place for this sort of drivers in F1. But clearly, Haas need the money desperately.

Being the only American team in F1. I would hate to see them go. Hence, l am hoping they can get their act togerther and head back up the grid to where they started.

djip
26th December 2020, 19:18
I had a strong feeling that Haas would attract some strong feelings with their employ of Mazapin. Haas has steadily slipped backwards to the rear of the grid where they should have started in the first place. Mazapin in their car shall certainly make them the most disliked team of 2021. I don't mind moneybag drivers per se. As long as they have talent like Perez or can win races.

Mazapin is just a crap driver with a mannerism of pig. There should be no place for this sort of drivers in F1. But clearly, Haas need the money desperately.

Being the only American team in F1. I would hate to see them go. Hence, l am hoping they can get their act togerther and head back up the grid to where they started.

i am betting that the team is already sold, all documents signed, to Mazepin's father - and they just need to go through the season to changer their name, after which Haas name and management will be gone.

F1nKS
27th December 2020, 03:22
i am betting that the team is already sold, all documents signed, to Mazepin's father - and they just need to go through the season to changer their name, after which Haas name and management will be gone.

That is my take also. This is just precursor to Haas exiting F1 and for Gene Haas to recoup some of his investment.

Nitrodaze
27th December 2020, 07:10

F1 is becoming Billionaire's playground. Well, this is the side effect of the new regulations. It is now affordable for Billionaires to buy a team for their kids. The first signs of the dwindling of the F1 credibility. Well done FOM! Best we call it GP1, as it is gradually beginning to not look like a serious sport anymore. But of rich kids with little talent driving around race tracks around the world in GP1 cars. Who wants to see that.

airshifter
27th December 2020, 16:58
At least they started strong, but at some point F1 is simply too expensive unless you are getting the return on advertising. And I'm afraid that here in the US there just isn't enough interest in the sport. I also suspect they have already bailed, but at least they brought the US back into the sport and made a mark.

truefan72
30th December 2020, 16:51

Yeah, that is probably the most likely case.
"mistakes were made" with that team

Jag_Warrior
8th January 2021, 22:36

Couldn't have said it any better.

I won't say anything about Mazepin's father... cause I don't want to get jabbed with a poison tipped cane when I go for a walk tomorrow.

F1nKS
11th January 2021, 16:01
Speaking of fiasco - Rich Energy, the imaginary Energy Drink maker say they coming back to F1

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/76367/you-can-hardly-believe-it-rich-energy-returns-to-formula-1.html

Firstgear
12th January 2021, 13:50
Speaking of fiasco - Rich Energy, the imaginary Energy Drink maker say they coming back to F1

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/76367/you-can-hardly-believe-it-rich-energy-returns-to-formula-1.html

hahaha - I like this line in the article: ' It is not yet known which team is involved and if this team knows it itself.'

Fortitude
13th February 2021, 11:18

HAAS F1 have provided valuable entertainment in Formula 1, appreciate them for that alone, for the overall sport would be poorer for them not being there.

They have become a team to watch, because everybody likes a ‘trier’, during the good times (very few) and the bad times (very many).

Gunther Steiner wears his heart on his sleeve, as he can do it no other way. Admire Gunther for his genuineness and his excessive passion.

Guenther goes off on Magnussen and Grosjean. Mag smashes his office door.
Mar 3, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6dFnuqHY10

Haas to Romain Grosjean: "Shut up!" (USA GP)
Oct 23, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEIlrYqREcg

Guenther Steiner making fun of Grosjean at Haas team dinner - F1: Drive To Survive
Aug 21, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aapL5z9wt1o

F1'S MOST COLOURFUL CHARACTER, GUENTHER STEINER
Mar 6, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJmFVT6IWbI

COMPLAINING GROSJEAN COMPILATION!!
Sep 11, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqBakSwi0yQ

N. Jones
21st February 2021, 16:41
I don't think Gene Haas has the money or has the sponsorship to spend the kind of money needed to be competitive. I hope he doesn't leave but its looking bad at the moment.

truefan72
2nd March 2021, 03:53
I don't think Gene Haas is spending the money, or has the sponsorship, to spend the money needed to be competitive. I hoped he doesn't leave but its looking bad at the moment.

Well he's not leaving but they are throwing in the towel for 2021.
Steiner just announced that there will be no further development of the 2021 car after testing and all their tokens are being spent on the 2022 car
to me this sounds like they don't have the money/resources to develop the car.
Lets hope they solved their aero instability issue that hampered them all of 2020 with an undrivable car on Sundays.
Still, not a good sign and to me it looks like they may finish last in 2021

gm99
2nd March 2021, 21:04
They're giving up the 2021 season before it has even started? What message does that send to their rookie drivers, their supporters and their sponsors ? This team has become an utter joke.

N. Jones
2nd March 2021, 21:09
That should be Hulkenburg's seat but it seems to me that Haas doesn't have the money to pay drivers.