PDA

View Full Version : Honda please get rid of the paint job.

Stuartf12007
13th May 2007, 15:41
I am sick of seeing it and it seems to be giving everyone the hump at Honda.

Its not making any difference to the enviroment infact no one in the media even mentions what the hell its all about.

The honda F1 car paint job is completly letting down the whole Honda brand.

for the sanity of Button and Barrichello will you please paint it BLACK.

PSfan
13th May 2007, 15:54
To tell the truth, I'm starting to like that paint scheme...

Whats really, really ugly... Being behind Super Aguri in the points!!! :cheese:

Sleeper
13th May 2007, 16:03
The livery is driving the team mental? :rotflmao: Stop talking rubbish.

I rather like the livery and hope that other teams decide to become as adventurous as STR and Honda have been with theirs.

Rover V8
13th May 2007, 16:05
I am sick of seeing it and it seems to be giving everyone the hump at Honda.

Its not making any difference to the enviroment infact no one in the media even mentions what the hell its all about.

The honda F1 car paint job is completly letting down the whole Honda brand.

for the sanity of Button and Barrichello will you please paint it BLACK.

I'd think the lack of performance from the thing is letting Honda down far more than the colours it's painted.

Right now if the team could find a way of getting any kind of speed from that car, I'd guess Button and Barrichello wouldn't care if it was painted pink....

Ian McC
13th May 2007, 16:13
I think the paint job is the least of their worries at the moment.

jens
13th May 2007, 16:20
Btw, Honda's livery is my second favourite after Renault's. :p : :)

After the car launch in a room I feared that the Honda's livery might not look good at racing track (like a "blurr"), but in reality it looks equally nice there as well.

VkmSpouge
13th May 2007, 18:09
I like the Honda paint job, it makes them look far more distinctive than they would be in red and white like Super Aguri and Toyota.

GridGirl
13th May 2007, 18:34
I wouldnt say I really like the paint job but its quite refreshing to see a racing car without the sponsors stickers plastered all over it.

Robinho
13th May 2007, 18:45
personally i really like it, at least it differs from the red and white parade, and i don't think the drivers would care what its like as long as the car was quick, and that cannot be blamed on the colour or marketing strategy. its down to the engineers, and from what we've seen at barcelona they are making decent progress, they have jumped into the thick of the midfield battle and there is still a long way to go, but at least they are moving in the right direction

Stuartf12007
13th May 2007, 23:30
lmao@ the people saying they like it.

do you watch Graham norton too?

truefan72
13th May 2007, 23:56
lmao@ the people saying they like it.

do you watch Graham norton too?

rubbish statement

I agree with moist of the posts. The paint job is the least of their worries and I too realy like the Renault livery

Somebody
14th May 2007, 01:30
To tell the truth, I'm starting to like that paint scheme...

Whats really, really ugly... Being behind Super Aguri in the points!!! :cheese:
Basically, what he said :) [I liked it more to start with than he did].

Funny seeing Sato ahead of Button in the points :)

cy bais
14th May 2007, 03:54
i too am starting to like the livery,,,it's in the same ballpark as STR's livery :)

Valve Bounce
14th May 2007, 04:00
Looks like vomit after someone binged on green and yellow ice cream

PSfan
14th May 2007, 04:10
Looks like vomit after someone binged on green and yellow ice cream

Why does the thought of yellow ice cream worry me?

And by the way, I bet if you took a magnifying glass to it and looked in the right place... you could probably see my house... :p :

wmcot
14th May 2007, 07:10
One question that's been bothering me - Are the cars painted with environmentally friendly paint (no toxic solvents, etc.)? If not, it's kind of hypocritical, isn't it?

Ranger
14th May 2007, 08:39
One question that's been bothering me - Are the cars painted with environmentally friendly paint (no toxic solvents, etc.)? If not, it's kind of hypocritical, isn't it?

The fact that it's a fuel-burning environmental incentive makes it hypocritical!

Tomski
14th May 2007, 08:44
Why not repaint it red with white or black, chrome & red and see if that makes it any faster??

Stuartf12007
15th May 2007, 20:05
Just get rid of it, its a hideous mess.

rohanweb
15th May 2007, 22:39
True..the new honda livery looks rubbish, and I always loved the white & red car though...this car hasnt developed, look at the super-aguri's are beating them..what a shame?

AlexD
15th May 2007, 22:47
The worst thing is you can't really tell what it is until it's quite close. In the distance it just looks a mess.

Hawkmoon
16th May 2007, 03:14
They should paint the car completely black and put a large picture of the planet on the engine cover. Then they should put environmental messages on the sidepods and change the message each race. That way people will at least check to see what's written on the Honda each race and the topic may get discussed. As it is, Honda's "green" meassage has been largely forgotten.

Valve Bounce
16th May 2007, 03:29
They should paint the car completely black and put a large picture of the planet on the engine cover. Then they should put environmental messages on the sidepods and change the message each race. That way people will at least check to see what's written on the Honda each race and the topic may get discussed. As it is, Honda's "green" meassage has been largely forgotten.

Just looks like chunda to me. :eek:

Stuartf12007
16th May 2007, 22:46
Who cares about the enviroment anyway, what will be will be.