PDA

View Full Version : Williams Purchased by Private Equity Firm Dorilton Capital

Jag_Warrior
21st August 2020, 15:22
Sounds like this transaction is for the entire Williams group. I guess Toto gets to unload his remaining shares afterall.

Matthew Savage, Chairman of Dorilton Capital, commented: “We are delighted to have invested in Williams and we are extremely excited by the prospects for the business. We believe we are the ideal partner for the company due to our flexible and patient investment style, which will allow the team to focus on its objective of returning to the front of the grid.
“We look forward to working with the Williams team in carrying out a detailed review of the business to determine in which areas new investment should be directed. We also recognise the world-class facilities at Grove and confirm that there are no plans to relocate.”

The Black Knight
22nd August 2020, 12:13
It’s a good decision by the team and given their struggles over the last number of years where they nearly caved on a number of occasions it’s no surprise. It’s good the Williams name stays in F1 whilst providing stability for the teams future. I’m happy for them and hopefully see them up with the big boys again some day soon.

Nitrodaze
24th August 2020, 00:20
It’s a good decision by the team and given their struggles over the last number of years where they nearly caved on a number of occasions it’s no surprise. It’s good the Williams name stays in F1 whilst providing stability for the teams future. I’m happy for them and hopefully see them up with the big boys again some day soon.

It might be good but it does not go without the feeling that after Frank has managed to build up this illustrious team, there has not been anyone within the Williams organisation good enough to keep it up and running to the High standards that he has ran the team. The consequence being that it has gone bust upon his withdrawal from the management of the team.

As a Williams fan, l am hugely disappointed that it has come to this.

zako85
24th August 2020, 15:18
It might be good but it does not go without the feeling that after Frank has managed to build up this illustrious team, there has not been anyone within the Williams organisation good enough to keep it up and running to the High standards that he has ran the team.

Is this really surprising? The influence of the top manager in any modern enterprise is extremely important. It also has been the same in F1. Williams of today reminds Team Lotus of the 1980s and 90s. When Team Lotus was being run by Colin Chapman, they won seven WCCs and six WDCs between 1958 and 1978. Once Champan passed away, the team went into a steep decline, and disappeared a decade later.

Jag_Warrior
27th August 2020, 16:04
Is this really surprising? The influence of the top manager in any modern enterprise is extremely important. It also has been the same in F1. Williams of today reminds Team Lotus of the 1980s and 90s. When Team Lotus was being run by Colin Chapman, they won seven WCCs and six WDCs between 1958 and 1978. Once Chapman passed away, the team went into a steep decline, and disappeared a decade later.

I agree. I can't remember exactly how it goes, but there's an old saying that goes something like, "no one cares as much about a house as the man who built it."

Jag_Warrior
4th September 2020, 21:19
This marks Claire's final weekend as team principle and the end of an era for Frank - the last of the namesake team owners from yesteryear.

Team sold, Williams family to leave F1 after Italian GP (https://sports.yahoo.com/team-sold-williams-family-leave-143307520.html)