PDA

View Full Version : Should F1 start Racing in May?

Nitrodaze
22nd April 2020, 17:11
https://e1.365dm.com/20/01/768x432/skysports-f1-silverstone-start_4888080.jpg?20200110161911
The EU parliament has been discussing the possibility of lifting the lockdown in mid may. A move that is well supported but does have its oppositions in some countries like France that is pushing for September at the earliest. Some countries have started to relax the lockdown. Apparently, Austria is allowing restaurants to open for business. All the signs are suggesting that the earliest window for F1 to commence some form of racing is looking possible in a matter of weeks.

If the EU Parliament approves a relax of the lockdown in May this year, closed racing in Europe is very feasible and highly likely by June at the latest; it appears. Chances for a 15 race season now seems conceivable.

Is a closed race a wellcomed prospect for you the fans? Personally, l would love it.

mr_swiss
23rd April 2020, 03:26
I would not like any sporting event behind closed doors.
There need to be people there, a few years ago, Tony Kanaan complaint how only 5,000 people attended a race at Fontana.
I strongly believe the athletes need to perform in front of spectators, and that vibe shows on TV as well.

pantealex
23rd April 2020, 06:16
Anything is better than current e-race F1

I´m ok with no spectators but real cars.

zako85
23rd April 2020, 13:06
According to wikipedia, the 2020 F1 season will start in late June with French GP and then proceed as planned with 12 rounds, and we know that everything on wikipedia is always true.

Jag_Warrior
23rd April 2020, 14:43
May, even behind closed doors, would be great. At this point, I'll be happy with whatever we can get.

gm99
23rd April 2020, 16:05
I think the decision when to end the lock-down will be taken by the individual member states, not the EU, which seems reasonable to me as the countries are in different stages of the virus and not all are affected by it in the same way.
I don't see any racing in May, with the Dutch and Spanish GPs already officially postponed and Monaco cancelled and any other venue stepping in needing a few weeks of preparation (as would the teams). At the earliest, I could see a race happening at the end of June, although I doubt it would be the French GP, as France has effectively prolonged the lock-down until the end of August.
More likely would be a start in Austria, where the government has already stated it would not oppose a race held without spectators.

And while a race without spectators is not perfect, it's not that uncommon - it used to be called the Grand Prix of Turkey or India ;)

Firstgear
23rd April 2020, 16:55
All the cars but no spectators would be better than all the spectators and (virtually) no cars (like the Indy F1 a number of years ago).

pantealex
24th April 2020, 07:35
Nearly every country must be out of lock-down before F1 can resume, otherwise they can´t travel... (England, Italy, HAAS is from USA...)

Nitrodaze
24th April 2020, 10:03
Nearly every country must be out of lock-down before F1 can resume, otherwise they can´t travel... (England, Italy, HAAS is from USA...)

I think May 19th has been agreed in the EU. Most coutries like the Netherlands, Austria, Germany etc are already planning to lift the lockdown on the 19th of May. Haas build their cars in Italy l think. Though drivers are scattered all over the world. Gasly in Dubai , Ricciado in Australia, Hamilton probably in the US. Kyvat, Giovinassi etc in Monaco. Vettel in Germany, all UK drivers in UK. I suspect Bottas and Raikonen are in Finland. Bringing these guys together for a race may be difficult too. Especially for those outside the euro zone.

gm99
24th April 2020, 12:59
I think May 19th has been agreed in the EU. Most coutries like the Netherlands, Austria, Germany etc are already planningb to lift the lockdown on the 19th of May.

I live in Austria, but I have not heard anything about May 19. Austria has already started to ease some of the restrictions, like opening smaller shops on April 14, with the rest to follow on May 2. Restaurants and hotels will remain closed at least until mid-May, while any events with spectators remain forbidden until the end of August.

There will be no sudden lifting of the lock-down on a given date, and certainly not on the same date in all of the EU countries, as they have been affected quite differently. Rather, this will be a gradual process bound to happen at a different pace in each of the member states.

Bagwan
24th April 2020, 16:10
Everybody wants to get back to normal .
We all get that .

But , to think about putting the hundreds of employees of the various teams from various different countries all together in one cramped paddock anywhere is simply nuts .
At this point , it's nuts .

This is not a drill . This is real life .
We need a vaccine before we can do this .

Sure , speculating about a date to restart is OK , but the circus is a big group even before the crowd shows up .
We can't risk it . Not yet .

The Black Knight
24th April 2020, 18:16
Everybody wants to get back to normal .
We all get that .

But , to think about putting the hundreds of employees of the various teams from various different countries all together in one cramped paddock anywhere is simply nuts .
At this point , it's nuts .

This is not a drill . This is real life .
We need a vaccine before we can do this .

Sure , speculating about a date to restart is OK , but the circus is a big group even before the crowd shows up .
We can't risk it . Not yet .

No we don’t Bagwan. What we need is proper treatment when people get really sick. Most people that die of Coronavirus die of the same thing - Cytokine Storm. The solution to that is and has been readily available for many years. High dosage Vitamin C IV. The virus doesn’t actually kill us it’s our immune systems reaction to it. This guy got the needed treatment and he fully recovered fully

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-04-13/coworkers-save-coronavirus-doctor

Plus it’s not necessarily possible to synthesise a vaccine because it’s mutating so quickly.

Don’t be so quick to believe the vaccine narrative. It’s being pushed by big pharma because their YOY business model is failing big time. No vaccine is required.

F1 should restart as soon as possible but sooner than that Doctors need to be allowed to provide proper treatment.

Nitrodaze
24th April 2020, 18:54
I live in Austria, but I have not heard anything about May 19. Austria has already started to ease some of the restrictions, like opening smaller shops on April 14, with the rest to follow on May 2. Restaurants and hotels will remain closed at least until mid-May, while any events with spectators remain forbidden until the end of August.

There will be no sudden lifting of the lock-down on a given date, and certainly not on the same date in all of the EU countries, as they have been affected quite differently. Rather, this will be a gradual process bound to happen at a different pace in each of the member states.

That is the general view on things. The Netherlands have relaxed the lockdown so much such that kids are allowed to go out and play with their friends. In Finland, the lockdown is practically none existent any more but based on common sense of everyone. My sources in the EU parliament are suggesting that there is a cautious gravitation towards a progressive relaxation of the lockdown towards May. But this is depending on there not being any noticeable increases in infections and consequential mortatilities.

If the infection rate is under control over the period leading up to mid-May, chances are that most EU countries would stop the lockdown.

Nitrodaze
24th April 2020, 19:09
Plus it’s not necessarily possible to synthesise a vaccine because it’s mutating so quickly.

That is the scary thing about this bug.l Its mutation rate is unexpected and the current medical solutions are struggling to keep up with it. The strains of the virus is likely to mutate into regional cultures at different parts of the globe. You may be right here to say treatment is where the solution lies. I think anything that can be done to arrest the rate of mutation would provide the basis for a vaccine based solution to curb the spread.

By the look of things, it may well take a few years to arrive at a vaccine. The reality is that the world is not going to be on lockdown for that sort of duration. Economies would collapse and a huge global financial crisis would ensue.

Also, most doctors fighting the COVID-19 virus seem to think that the patients are dying from secondary causes such as the practices employed in the intensive care units. Whatever that means, it is bad news to be infected in the first place. The popular argument in the halls of politics is to improve the procedures in the hospitals and test people regularly, mortatlity rate would drop.

The Black Knight
25th April 2020, 10:56
That is the scary thing about this bug.l Its mutation rate is unexpected and the current medical solutions are struggling to keep up with it. The strains of the virus is likely to mutate into regional cultures at different parts of the globe. You may be right here to say treatment is where the solution lies. I think anything that can be done to arrest the rate of mutation would provide the basis for a vaccine based solution to curb the spread.

By the look of things, it may well take a few years to arrive at a vaccine. The reality is that the world is not going to be on lockdown for that sort of duration. Economies would collapse and a huge global financial crisis would ensue.

Also, most doctors fighting the COVID-19 virus seem to think that the patients are dying from secondary causes such as the practices employed in the intensive care units. Whatever that means, it is bad news to be infected in the first place. The popular argument in the halls of politics is to improve the procedures in the hospitals and test people regularly, mortatlity rate would drop.

Patients are dying from Ventilatiors. They force oxygen into your lungs and when you have pneumonia that’s just increasing the pressure and destroying a person’s lungs. Ventilators have their use but this automatic overuse is killing people.

zako85
25th April 2020, 14:36
In a lot of countries epidemiologists are cautiously predicting that May will be the peak of pandemic. If we are going to be optimistic and believe this is true, then June is out of question for mass sports events, maybe July too. So the best we can hope for, is a start of season in France or Austria, with an empty stadium. But it could be worse. In order to salvage the season, FIA should plan a couple of races in December (possibly with no spectators, because Covid is predicted to have a second wave some time in Fall) some place in the south, maybe in Bahrain and/or Australia, completing the season with 12-14 races.

Bagwan
25th April 2020, 14:37
No we don’t Bagwan. What we need is proper treatment when people get really sick. Most people that die of Coronavirus die of the same thing - Cytokine Storm. The solution to that is and has been readily available for many years. High dosage Vitamin C IV. The virus doesn’t actually kill us it’s our immune systems reaction to it. This guy got the needed treatment and he fully recovered fully

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-04-13/coworkers-save-coronavirus-doctor

Don’t be so quick to believe the vaccine narrative. It’s being pushed by big pharma because their YOY business model is failing big time. No vaccine is required.

F1 should restart as soon as possible but sooner than that Doctors need to be allowed to provide proper treatment.

We all want it to be over , so a solution , whether it be from big pharma , or an orange grove , is necessary before we can think about restarting the circus .

In the case of the spanish flu , there was a second spike in infection rates far worse than the first , and that is suspected to have been a mutation .
But , more importantly , there was a relaxing of the restrictions on people's movements .

I couldn't read the article you cited , but I do hope it's true , if what it said was that all we need is high dose vitamin C .

But , I'm an old hippie , holed up here in the woods , with an attitude derived partly from , if I am recalling correctly , Fearless Franklin , of Freak Brothers comics .
"Just because you're paranoid , doesn't mean they're not out to get you ", has me thinking that an "orange juice fix" sounds a bit too simple .

Look , I'm the first one to imagine that big pharma has a big stake in this , but given that Chinese hackers have been working hard at getting into US research hospital data banks , it suggests that any information , whether it be treatment or vaccine , is hot right now .
It also suggests , though , that there is a lot of misinformation out there .

What we do know is that it is deadly , and that people of all ages are at risk .
A few years ago , I had pneumonia , and then empyema , when the fluid in my lung emptied into the area around it through a tear caused by a rough cough . It's no fun when you can't breathe .
I was due for a ventilator , but within a couple of hours of arriving at the hospital , had two tubes inserted in my back venting the fluid , so I didn't need it in the end .
The ventilator is a last ditch effort . They're not using them to kill people .

donKey jote
26th April 2020, 08:57
That is the scary thing about this bug.l Its mutation rate is unexpected and the current medical solutions are struggling to keep up with it
Eh? Sources?
https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-mutations-strains-scientists-track-genetics-2020-4?r=DE&IR=T

Nitrodaze
26th April 2020, 12:43
Eh? Sources?
https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-mutations-strains-scientists-track-genetics-2020-4?r=DE&IR=T

Wow that is great news. Well, the pharma front is still at loss for a drug that can cope with these mutations. Currently, cocktails of drugs are being used to combat the virus. Even so, it is patient history dependent. That said, with these sort of works, a solution may be forthcoming in a shorter time than usual, l hope.

donKey jote
26th April 2020, 20:43
Currently, drugs are being trialled against the virus or it’s effects and as far as I know nobody is worried about any mutations at the moment. Several different types of vaccine are also already being trialled, after having been developed in record time - fortunately there have been massive advances since the likes of SARS-1 and MERS.
What takes time is proving they work in proper trials as opposed to in a Petri dish, an animal or in anecdotal cases in selected patients... things like working out doses and effects, making sure any side effects are tolerable, and mass production.
It will be a much shorter time than usual, but it will still be more than just a few months.
The Octoberfest has already been officially cancelled here ;-)

Nitrodaze
26th April 2020, 20:58
Currently, drugs are being trialled against the virus or it’s effects and as far as I know nobody is worried about any mutations at the moment. Several different types of vaccine are also already being trialled, after having been developed in record time - fortunately there have been massive advances since the likes of SARS-1 and MERS.
What takes time is proving they work in proper trials as opposed to in a Petri dish, an animal or in anecdotal cases in selected patients... things like working out doses and effects, making sure any side effects are tolerable, and mass production.
It will be a much shorter time than usual, but it will still be more than just a few months.
The Octoberfest has already been officially cancelled here ;-)

These are first attempts, they usually don't quite do the job. We have seen this with all the recent out breaks, take HIV for instance. They usually have really bad side effects but come with minor benefits. It would take time for the best solution to present itself. It can't be short cut, it takes time and that is what is going to happen. Nonetheless, any thing that helps is wellcomed l think.

Nitrodaze
27th April 2020, 12:07
All signs suggest it is a july start for the 2020 season in a closed race probably commensing at the Redbull ring in Austria then Silverstone in the UK.

Bagwan
27th April 2020, 13:06
Everyone is trying everything .
I just heard that , since Chinese doctors noticed a number of patients who were doing better than average were on a drug used to reduce gastric acidity , a generic version of Prilosec , there is a study ongoing which postulates that it blocks some of the same receptors that are entry points for the virus .
Just about anything , short of drinking Lysol , is worth considering .

zako85
27th April 2020, 16:02
Everyone is trying everything .
I just heard that , since Chinese doctors noticed a number of patients who were doing better than average were on a drug used to reduce gastric acidity , a generic version of Prilosec , there is a study ongoing which postulates that it blocks some of the same receptors that are entry points for the virus .
Just about anything , short of drinking Lysol , is worth considering .

I just drink gin and tonic, hoping that this will load me up with enough quinine and vitamin C to successfully fight the decease when time comes.

Bagwan
28th April 2020, 11:42
I just drink gin and tonic, hoping that this will load me up with enough quinine and vitamin C to successfully fight the decease when time comes.

Ah yes , another scientific study . Good job , zako .
Remember to measure your shots carefully , and get back to us with your results .

Jag_Warrior
28th April 2020, 16:56
All signs suggest it is a july start for the 2020 season in a closed race probably commensing at the Redbull ring in Austria then Silverstone in the UK.

Well, July is better than nothing. And while I feel bad for the fans who had plans to attend, at least us TV viewing fans can return to some form of F1 normalcy.

Nitrodaze
28th April 2020, 20:31
https://e0.365dm.com/20/04/768x432/skysports-f1-season-2020_4977740.jpg?20200427095039

So this is the plan.

donKey jote
29th April 2020, 10:51
I strongly hope they avoid China where this bug was manufactured and escaped into general population.

manufactured in their 5G plants no doubt :rolleyes:

Nitrodaze
29th April 2020, 14:37

I suppose you know where it came from then. Well, please educate us from your high horse of ignorance.

Bagwan
29th April 2020, 15:40
High donKey , not horse .

Hi donKey .

donKey jote
29th April 2020, 19:41
:wave: baggy

Nitrodaze
29th April 2020, 22:03

Well see what the chinese has been doing:-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/13/chinese-official-claims-racial-targeting-reasonable-concerns
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/no-blacks-african-migrants-kicked-out-of-homes-and-banned-from-shops-in-guangzhou-china-b9p0z0ggt

Also check out the Lab in Wuhan that was responsible for the virus
https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/preview/mol/2020/04/29/5738501350673762743/636x382_MP4_5738501350673762743.mp4

Read the full story here.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8269487/Footage-2018-shows-scientists-Wuhans-virus-lab-studying-novel-coronavirus.html

My statement was not from a place of prejudice but mere facts.

donKey jote
30th April 2020, 08:10
You seem somewhat rattled.

There is no scientific evidence that the virus was “manufactured”.
Now I know it’s not the dailymail, but check out this story here:
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9
”strong evidence that SARS-CoV-2 is not the product of purposeful manipulation”

Of course it’s always your choice to promote prejudice if you’re so inclined.

donKey jote
30th April 2020, 10:53

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/what-to-know-about-mutation-and-covid-19

加油!! :andrea:

Nitrodaze
30th April 2020, 11:24
You seem somewhat rattled.

There is no scientific evidence that the virus was “manufactured”.
Now I know it’s not the dailymail, but check out this story here:
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9
”strong evidence that SARS-CoV-2 is not the product of purposeful manipulation”

Of course it’s always your choice to promote prejudice if you’re so inclined.

No scientific evidence does not mean there is no evidence. Even the Nature publication is speculative and in this climate could be a sponsored cover up. What is irrefutable is that the SAR-COV2 virus originated in China. There were cases of this virus outbreak dating back to 2002 in Guandong and now in Wuhan. Chinese scientists believe the origin of the virus to be from Horse Shoe bats native to China and have been studying these bats to find a solution. Other scientist from various countries have arrived at a similar conclusion that the origin is from the horseshoe bat which is only found in China. The three strains of the SARS COV viruses are of the same family and are mutations from the 2002 SARS COV0 virus.

see https://www.coronavirustoday.com/sars-cov-2

My comment remains valid and not prejudicial as you have suggested but factual. The SARS-COV2 virus that causes the COVID-19 desease originated from China. Hence, it would be wise to avoid China until a preventive solution has been found. I agree to say that it does not mean that it is not elsewhere. But the rest of the world is recovering from the first wave of the desease, all warnings are suggesting that a second wave of outbreak based on a new mutation of the SARS COV2 virus is highly likely to occur in China in the near future. SARS COV3 is coming and it could be more deadly than COVID-19. It would be stupid to not take precautions.

See https://www.healthline.com/health-news/what-to-know-about-mutation-and-covid-19

So l don't understand your argument. Ok l get it, you are Chinese and are sensitive to this. Well apologies, but the fact is the fact.

Tazio
30th April 2020, 12:33
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTS8czyRkplDgh2S4fhcxj8pQGGK2q DjQTjEJuvwToQu2H4hxST&usqp=CAU
Donkey, is that you? :angel:

Nitrodaze
30th April 2020, 12:42
加油!! :andrea:

It also did not escape my notice that you did not comment or show any signs of discomfort with the way black people are being treated in China at the moment. As a matter of fact you simply did not care. So it sems like the kettle is calling the pot black.

donKey jote
30th April 2020, 12:45
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTS8czyRkplDgh2S4fhcxj8pQGGK2q DjQTjEJuvwToQu2H4hxST&usqp=CAU
Donkey, is that you? :angel:

Looks more like Billy’s missus... how is she by the way? :bandit:

donKey jote
30th April 2020, 12:49
high horse of ignorance.

So it sems like the kettle is calling the pot black.
:rotflmao: :rolleyes:

... you implied the virus was manufactured, I called you out on it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Nitrodaze
30th April 2020, 13:26
:rotflmao: :rolleyes:

... you implied the virus was manufactured, I called you out on it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sorry buddy, you called nothing. If you had conclusive proof, that would be calling me out. Like everyone else you are speculating. The jury is still out on how the bat virus jumped into humans. If it was accidental escape from the lab, or due to eating habits [e.g. people eating or coming in contact with the blood of wild animals infected with the Horseshoe bat coronavirus] or purposeful exposure [which l doubt].

There is also the SAD COV virus which is the coronavirus desease for PIGs only found among Chinese pigs by the way. Though the Chinese scientists were quick to say this variant of the coronavirus is not responsible for the SAR COV2 virus, this has not been collaborated by other independent analysis. Hence, everything is up in the air on this virus at the moment.

What you cannot dispute is that the Bat Coronavirus must have done that jump from bats to humans in China. So you called nothing buddy, zero! All you are doing is pedalling confusion and misinformation.

donKey jote
30th April 2020, 13:43
Whatever :z

Bagwan
30th April 2020, 14:07
I've heard that donKeys are immune to "purposeful exposure" .

Mr. Jote was not the only one to rankle at the term "manufactured" .

Nitrodaze
30th April 2020, 14:14

Understood

Nitrodaze
30th April 2020, 15:35
Currently, drugs are being trialled against the virus or it’s effects and as far as I know nobody is worried about any mutations at the moment.

Since we calling each other out, eh what about this https://www.healthline.com/health-news/what-to-know-about-mutation-and-covid-19

Bagwan
30th April 2020, 16:35
Ok, Manufacture is unproven hence is inappropriately stated. But the call to avoid Chine is not, which is my thoughts on the matter. Baggy, do you think l am wrong on this one or is it the use of words that bother you?

The use of "manufactured" implies a lot .

Some folks out there wanted this thing called the "Wuhan Virus" , or the "China virus" .
One could suspect that these same people may have manufactured the idea that this thing was intentionally manufactured .

The call to avoid anywhere is prudent right now . It is not just China .

We need to be very careful right now because there is a slurry of misinformation out there , and kicking China , or anybody else while the body count still rises is of little use .
I think we'll find , when the dust settles a little , that China perhaps deserves less kicking than they are getting .

Scapegoats are not immune to "purposeful exposure" .

donKey jote
30th April 2020, 16:48
Since we calling each other out, eh what about this https://www.healthline.com/health-news/what-to-know-about-mutation-and-covid-19
Not quite sure what you’re getting at :cornfused:
When I read that link it appeared to imply nobody is worried about any mutations at the moment. That’s why I posted it as a response to TBN‘s assertion that a vaccine might be difficult because the virus is mutating “so quickly”.
Anyway
sun is shining
I’m off on my 自行车 for another “peddle”
:wave:

Nitrodaze
30th April 2020, 16:57
Not quite sure what you’re getting at :cornfused:
When I read that link it appeared to imply nobody is worried about any mutations at the moment. That’s why I posted it as a response to TBN‘s assertion that a vaccine might be difficult because the virus is mutating “so quickly”.
Anyway
sun is shining
I’m off on my 自行车 for another “peddle”
:wave:

No comments

Nitrodaze
30th April 2020, 17:06
The use of "manufactured" implies a lot .

Some folks out there wanted this thing called the "Wuhan Virus" , or the "China virus" .
One could suspect that these same people may have manufactured the idea that this thing was intentionally manufactured .

The call to avoid anywhere is prudent right now . It is not just China .

We need to be very careful right now because there is a slurry of misinformation out there , and kicking China , or anybody else while the body count still rises is of little use .
I think we'll find , when the dust settles a little , that China perhaps deserves less kicking than they are getting .

Scapegoats are not immune to "purposeful exposure" .

Point taken

donKey jote
30th April 2020, 17:19
Well it says the virus is mutating but slowly so if a vaccine is found, it has a small window of effectiveness. Somehow you read it differently! Probably right for you to head to your 自行车 on your high donkey.
Cut&paste:
What this means for a vaccine

The mutations likely won’t interfere with the effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccine.
In fact, the slow and mild nature of the mutations is good news for a vaccine.
“The virus is still so similar now to the initial sequence that there isn’t really much reason to think the differences will matter in terms of vaccine,” Neuman said.
/comparison to flu vaccine/
“It should be possible to make an effective COVID-19 vaccine that will provide long-lasting immunity against this particular virus just as we have for many other viruses that do not change rapidly,” Rose added.When we finally have a COVID-19 vaccine, it will most likely protect people against the “vast majority of circulating COVID-19 strains for the foreseeable mutations,” Schleiss said.
Even if random mutations do occur down the road, Schleiss believes the worst-case scenario is that we’ll see some breakthrough infections, but we wouldn’t have breakthrough life-threatening disease.

/end cut&paste

sheesh. Somehow I did read it differently :dozey:

Nitrodaze
30th April 2020, 17:35
Cut&paste:
What this means for a vaccine

The mutations likely won’t interfere with the effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccine.
In fact, the slow and mild nature of the mutations is good news for a vaccine.
“The virus is still so similar now to the initial sequence that there isn’t really much reason to think the differences will matter in terms of vaccine,” Neuman said.
/comparison to flu vaccine/
“It should be possible to make an effective COVID-19 vaccine that will provide long-lasting immunity against this particular virus just as we have for many other viruses that do not change rapidly,” Rose added.When we finally have a COVID-19 vaccine, it will most likely protect people against the “vast majority of circulating COVID-19 strains for the foreseeable mutations,” Schleiss said.
Even if random mutations do occur down the road, Schleiss believes the worst-case scenario is that we’ll see some breakthrough infections, but we wouldn’t have breakthrough life-threatening disease.

/end cut&paste

sheesh. Somehow I did read it differently :dozey:

shresh

Bagwan
30th April 2020, 21:27
This is not about holding China as a scapegoat. It is about understanding the truth of the origin and nature of the virus. And the chinese connection to the virus is circumstantial but a fact that does not amount to making China a scapegoat. Besides, the chinese themselves are making black people in their country a scapegoat of this outbreak. Kicking them out of Hotels, rented apartments and refusing to serve them in McDonalds of all places.

When Ebola was found in Africa, everyone was comfortable with the scapegoating of the Africans. So l beg to differ. We must highlight the facts and take necessary precautions taking into considerations the facts.

Another example, there is another coronavirus called MERS, which stands for Middle Eastern Resperatory Syndrome. Everyone is comfortable with that label and it is stated as such in various literature. The Spanish Flu is another instance. I see no reason why the SARS COV should not be called CARS-COV or Chinese Acute Respitory Syndrome. Because it is and it is the fact.

I was writing about a guy with orange hair when I said "some folks" .
He's using the Chinese as a scapegoat .

I don't remember Africans being blamed for Ebola .

Middle Eastern is not country specific , and the Spanish flu was from a different era entirely , so neither are examples that are applicable here .

"Co" , for corona , and V , for virus is the descriptive , and "19" refers to the year found .
Specific place names are being used for specific strains only .

By the way , I read that article that you posted and was also confused because it seemed to prove donKey's point , not yours .

gm99
30th April 2020, 22:25
and the Spanish flu was from a different era entirely

And most likely from a different area, as Spain is one of the countries where it's not believed to have originated, with British army camps in France, the Habsburg empire, China or even the US deemed to have been the source.

Nitrodaze
30th April 2020, 22:54
I was writing about a guy with orange hair when I said "some folks" .
He's using the Chinese as a scapegoat .

Middle Eastern is not country specific , and the Spanish flu was from a different era entirely , so neither are examples that are applicable here .

"Co" , for corona , and V , for virus is the descriptive , and "19" refers to the year found .
Specific place names are being used for specific strains only .

By the way , I read that article that you posted and was also confused because it seemed to prove donKey's point , not yours .

Really!

Tazio
1st May 2020, 00:31
Looks more like Billy’s missus... how is she by the way? :bandit:
:sailor: :dork: ;)

henners88
2nd May 2020, 13:29
As much as I’d like to see it return, no it’s a bit early IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bagwan
2nd May 2020, 16:57
henners , nice to see you .
How's isolation treating you and yours ?

henners88
3rd May 2020, 21:14
henners , nice to see you .
How's isolation treating you and yours ?

Hey Bagwan, I’m good thanks and you? Isolation is pretty dull isn’t it but busy working and playing teacher lol.

harsha
3rd May 2020, 21:40
The logistics of organizing a f1 season at this time make it very difficult. It's better to write this season off

Bagwan
3rd May 2020, 23:26
Hey Bagwan, I’m good thanks and you? Isolation is pretty dull isn’t it but busy working and playing teacher lol.

We're staying busy planting a killer garden this year .
The asparagus is just poking through now here . A week or so until we taste it .
Peas in .
Beans in .
Spuds in .
Salad mix in .
Kohlrabi in .

Coming soon.................more .

Lockdown in paradise , my friend .
Sorry for bragging .

Nitrodaze
4th May 2020, 07:27
That is because you are not African. You casually went about your life without bother or hinderance. But Afiricans on flights into western nations at the time, had a totally different experience.

Middle Eastern is not country specific , and the Spanish flu was from a different era entirely , so neither are examples that are applicable here.
My point is that it labels a desease after identifiable section of human population. Middle Eastern might be a region, but the stigma of the name of the virus extends to any nation in the Middle East.
Yes, the Spanish flu was from a different era. But it is an example of how typically the medical industry stigmatizes an entire people by naming a desease after them. The Spanish flu has a very dark history, as it was responsible for wiping out the Aztec Nation during the first European contact with Aztec natives.

Specific place names are being used for specific strains only ..
There are two parts to the pandemic, the virus and the consequential illness. The current Illness is codenamed COVID-19, the virus actually responsible for it, is called SAR-CoV2. SAR-CoV stands for Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus. Hence the need for artificial respirators to assist COVID-19 patients in the latter stages of the infection. Make no mistake, this bug is really bad.

The article in question is highly speculative and it does not have any research or lab trials behind it. Hence at the tail end of the article, the doctors stated that any vaccine found for the SAR-Cov2 virus is likely to be effective for three years [mainly due to the mutation of the virus]. And thereafter, the infected is likely to contract the desease easily. They suggested herd immunity as a way of curbing the spread of the desease, but did not provide any real data to suggest that this would be successfull.

A research based proof for the herd immunity approach is particularly important as the process of herd immunization is likely to wipe out a vast majority of living elderly people over 60 years of age. The same is likely for a vast population of people with compromised immune system; either due to being under treatment for other deseases or outpatients for any immune system depreciating illness.

So we should not take article such as these at face value because their real consequences in terms of human mortaliity can be quite significant [to plague proportions actually]. I suppose they implicitly mean "survival of the fittest", but the fittest can also be taken by this bug also.

Bagwan
4th May 2020, 13:19
"That is because you are not African. You casually went about your life without bother or hinderance. But Afiricans on flights into western nations at the time, had a totally different experience."

They were feared , and experienced it as racism .

That is different from being scapegoated .

Should F1 start racing in May ?

What Year ?

Nitrodaze
4th May 2020, 13:36
They were feared , and experienced it as racism .

That is different from being scapegoated .

Why were they feared? Feared as criminals? Or feared as terrorists?

Nitrodaze
4th May 2020, 13:38
Should F1 start racing in May ?

What Year ?

Now that is a good question? There is a good chance that this season could be written off. There is also a good chance that we see some televised racing in July this year. Your guess is a good as mine really.

Nitrodaze
5th May 2020, 15:33

Baggy, you and DonKey have a problem with the use of the term manufactured. I get it, it is a stark accusation without proof. What if that assertion came from someone within the microbiology industry. Well checkout the following video and make up your own minds about it.

https://youtu.be//ICtsXNtf_GQ

Does it look artificial to you? umm

https://www.fpm.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/FPM_COVID-19.png

I can't prove it obviously, but it stinks of fraud, coverups and premeditation. Maybe l am just paranoid!

Bagwan
5th May 2020, 16:24
404 not found .

Nitrodaze
5th May 2020, 16:46
404 not found .

Try this :-

Bagwan
5th May 2020, 22:46
Try this :-

I spent the valuable minutes and watched the whole thing .
It smells to me like somebody is trying to whip up Bubba into a freedom frenzy .

Nitrodaze
5th May 2020, 22:53
I spent the valuable minutes and watched the whole thing .
It smells to me like somebody is trying to whip up Bubba into a freedom frenzy .

Maybe another take on this messy situation. But there is no smoke without fire they say.

Who stands to gain from this pandemic? Somebody does!

Bagwan
6th May 2020, 01:07
Jimmy Hoffa .

Nitrodaze
6th May 2020, 07:48
Jimmy Hoffa .

Nah Jerry Mcguire!

By the way, the video has been pulled from youtube. powerful forces at play.

Bagwan
6th May 2020, 12:50
I'm not a doctor , but I play one on TV .
Powerful propaganda at play .

Nitrodaze
6th May 2020, 16:17
I'm not a doctor , but I play one on TV .
Powerful propaganda at play .

I agree, both ways tho.

airshifter
10th May 2020, 15:44
I think the world is a bit stir crazy, and we all want all this mess to end sooner rather than later. Most of us want to get back to work, social events, sports, and Formula 1. But we are walking on a slippery slope here, and I'm not sure what is going to become of the F1 season that remains, if in fact it does even take place. I'm not going to even pretend to think that we know all we really need to know to make getting the season rolling soon happen. All we can do is hope that the driving forces behind the ideas have a safe way to make it happen when the time comes. We've all been more restricted and want to have some fun, but it can't be at the expense of those the most vulnerable. Am I bummed that any local music and food events are off the table? Sure. Am I even more bummed that the music festival I was going to attend with my daughter next month has been cancelled? You bet. Heck it's mothers day in the US and I can't even take my wife out for a nice meal. Finding good fresh seafood to go is a pain in the butt, but that is where I'm at right now.

But I also have an older cousin who is hoping her husband makes it off the ventilator and survives this thing. And huge numbers of others are in the same situation, and over a quarter of a million are dealing with the grief of a loss already. Yeah, I want my F1. But not at the risk of rolling the dice on if it might cost someone their life or health. If we screw it up, any of us, that might be something we'd have to live with for the rest of our lives.

As for all the theories, conspiracy or otherwise, this thing is more complex than a simple solution. If the solution was simple the trend of prevention/treatments would have long ago showed up in the data. Many of the world experts on these things disagree on many of the ideas, not at all for lack of effort.

So my contribution is just donating some computer power to https://foldingathome.org/
It's currently by far the worlds most powerful computer, working hard to feed data points to the experts that might figure this thing out. They have been through some growing pains in the process, but many volunteers on both the small and large corporate level have stepped up. Among other things, they are researching just about every approved drug that might help in the treatment of COVID-19.

Stay safe out there, motorsports fans. Do the right thing and keep others safe as well. Maybe all this extended boredom, restriction, adaptation, economy wrenching, uncertainty, and everything else involved will put us in our place a little bit. And hopefully when we sort it out, we will all appreciate our simple freedoms we have all taken for granted day to day in normal life.

Bagwan
10th May 2020, 16:11
Shifter , I hope your cousin comes out of it OK .

I agree with every word .

I am reading that F1 is announcing the first races to be held this year .
I'm hoping they've got this right .

Nitrodaze
13th May 2020, 20:22
It is begining to look like a July start may not happen after all. We are not hearing the usual chatter about a formal agreement with governments.

Nitrodaze
2nd June 2020, 10:11
OK, the F1 Management has committed to eight races, which is the minimum required for a competitive season. The announcement starts wit two double headers at Austria and Silverstone in the UK. And then course its way through Hungary, Spain, Belgium and Italy, with more to fiollow in due course.

It is visor down from the 5th of July. LET THE SHOW BEGIN!!!

lukemart
9th June 2020, 08:17
I live in Austria, but I have not heard anything about May 19. Austria has already started to ease some of the restrictions, like opening smaller shops on April 14, with the rest to follow on May 2. Restaurants and hotels will remain closed at least until mid-May, while any events with spectators remain forbidden until the end of August. mobdro apk (https://get-mobdro.com)

Regards,
tubemate apk (https://get-tubemate.in)

Nitrodaze
10th June 2020, 00:02
What is happening after the first eight races? There are new suggestions that F1 might do a double header in Sochi - Russia, then head to Shanghai, then back toi Europe to tracks like Magello [italy] for Ferrari's 1000 races celebration, then Hockenhiem. Thereafter, heading out to the middle East for the Bahrain and Abu Dhabi grandprixs.

If that happens, that would give us a 15 races season all in closed doors of course. As expected, F1 is avoiding street circuits where crowd control might pose a problem.

pantealex
10th June 2020, 15:13
What is happening after the first eight races? There are new suggestions that F1 might do a double header in Sochi - Russia, then head to Shanghai, then back toi Europe to tracks like Magello [italy] for Ferrari's 1000 races celebration, then Hockenhiem. Thereafter, heading out to the middle East for the Bahrain and Abu Dhabi grandprixs.

If that happens, that would give us a 15 races season all in closed doors of course. As expected, F1 is avoiding street circuits where crowd control might pose a problem.

Where did you read that those races after first 8 are also "closed doors" ?
September, October, November also closed doors, why ???

Nitrodaze
10th June 2020, 16:51
Where did you read that those races after first 8 are also "closed doors" ?
September, October, November also closed doors, why ???

Because the F1 management may only be able to get government approval to race in their countries, based on the concept of the F1 COVID-19 BUBBLE. What the bubble means is that only F1 teams, FIA and F1 management staff [and television crew plus a select number of media journalists] that has been previously tested for COVID -19 and found to be COViD free [uninfected] can enter the Grandprix arena.

Unfortunately, the general public would not be allowed to enter the bubble. Well, l say that for the moment. It may change by the time we get to the end of the first eight races.

Jag_Warrior
10th June 2020, 18:36
They need to hold a minimum of eight races for this to be considered a championship season, is that correct?

Bagwan
10th June 2020, 20:26
They need to hold a minimum of eight races for this to be considered a championship season, is that correct?

yup .

Nitrodaze
10th June 2020, 23:11
That is correct. But the aspiration of the F1 Management is to try to stage 15 televised events this season. At the moment, it appears F1 is only eight races commited to eight races at the moment. I expect more announcements to follow in due course.

Nitrodaze
24th July 2020, 15:56
The number of races for this season has just gone up to thirteen. With Nurburgring, Imola and portimao, portugal joining the season. These are some really cool tracks. If you have driven the Nurburgring, then you know what l mean.

Bagwan
24th July 2020, 16:56
Apparently , they are looking for 18 races , to make the TV people happy .

Nitrodaze
20th August 2020, 15:46
Revised Calendar:-

August 30 Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps
September 6 Italian GP - Monza
September 13 Tuscan GP - Mugello
September 27 Russian GP - Sochi
October 11 Eifel GP - Nurburgring
October 25 Portuguese GP - Portimao
November 1 Emilia Romagna GP - Imola