PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE un-sticky the old Pickem Threads

Cindy_AL
10th May 2007, 20:13
Can someone please "UN-sticky" all the old pickem threads? Getting crowded at the top of the page.

Thank you. :)

RaceFanStan
11th May 2007, 02:44
I ask for some privledges, (edit posts, stick/unstick, etc) but I was told no ..... :s
so it has to be up to management to take care of these things .....
I can only offer my services (for free) but I guess I wasn't up to standard ..... :s
management has every right to do what they want .....
I recommend people get used to things not running smoothly, we are on our own now. :s

harvick#1
11th May 2007, 03:07
I think we need more people, alot of moderators are no longer on the board except for a few, I think its time to get some new guys

Hoss Ghoul
11th May 2007, 04:05
I like that this forum is pretty much self-moderating, but it'd be nice if some of the dumb stuff like this and duplicate threads would be taken care of from time to time.

MD24
11th May 2007, 04:09
I think we need more people, alot of moderators are no longer on the board except for a few, I think its time to get some new guys

I've also noticed that alot of the moderators are not posting anymore.

I think Stan would be a great moderator, he already does so much for us

RaceFanStan
11th May 2007, 04:14
Thanks for the support MD. :D
I wish management shared your confidence in me.

blakebeatty
11th May 2007, 05:03
I certainly can't imagine there is anyone on the board with more posts. Stan has my vote

Erki
11th May 2007, 07:01
Yep, no-one has a higher post count than Stan! :D
I second Stan for NASCAR forum mod. I think he's definitely up to the job. :up:
And when we're at it, could all three Joonyer threads be merged? It's kinda weird that there are three threads for virtually the same thing. :s

Cindy_AL
11th May 2007, 14:34
I'll third the motion for Stan to become Moderator. :D

SOD
11th May 2007, 18:34
;)

how many run-ins has Stan had with the forum staff before?

RaceFanStan
13th May 2007, 02:20
NONE http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/smi/good.gif

blakebeatty
13th May 2007, 03:24
shall we then start a thread as a petition for just this reason, until someone listens?

Also the pickem for Charlotte says CARLOTTE

dont_be_jack
13th May 2007, 03:30
Yep, no-one has a higher post count than Stan! :D
I second Stan for NASCAR forum mod. I think he's definitely up to the job. :up:
And when we're at it, could all three Joonyer threads be merged? It's kinda weird that there are three threads for virtually the same thing. :s

I must agree with all of what you said. Make Stan a NASCAR mod and merge all the Jr. threads together. I'm surprised someone didn't make a specific-Jr. thread a long time ago...

e2mtt
13th May 2007, 04:59
I agree sometimes it is a good idea to merge threads. However, I don't like the "only driver X threads" like they do on the F1 boards. Lots of times you have to talk about other drivers in order to compare and contrast the subject driver, and you always run the risk of the mods deciding that you mentioned driver Y too much, and delete your post for no good reason. Or they make it an "only talk nice and congratulate driver X thread", and thats no fun.

MD24
16th May 2007, 02:09
shall we then start a thread as a petition for just this reason, until someone listens?

Ive been thinking about this for a while. I'm not sure how to go about it, should we PM Mark about this or start a thread? I wouldn't want to start a thread that turns into a bunch of personal attacks. Suggestions anyone?

jslone
16th May 2007, 04:37
It takes a lot of time and patience,but if Stan is up to the challenge I would vote for him.

blakebeatty
16th May 2007, 05:11
before anything, Stan, is this something you would even want?

RaceFanStan
17th May 2007, 00:25
Yes, I would like to be a moderator here but I don't expect it to happen.
I have had private conversations that clearly tell me it won't happen.
All I can say it is their loss & I'm a big boy that can take it in stride. http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

Who knows, maybe another forum will see my talents & invite me to help them ..... :s mokin: