PDA

View Full Version : Teresa Earnhardt vovs to move forward

trumperZ06
10th May 2007, 17:27
DEI owner Teresa Earnhardt today expressed disappointment with stepson Dale Earnhardt Jr's decision to leave the team after the 2007 season...

"While we are very disappointed that Dale Jr. has chosen to leave the family business, we remain excited about our company's future".

She goes on to say that DEI will thrive....

The whole article is at: http://www.scenedaily.com

blakebeatty
10th May 2007, 17:42
unless they merge with yates, they are done.

there are potentially some big drivers on the block though. They should start working on the Biff.

Maybe Mears too, if Dale goes to Hendrick.

A four car team of Truex, Gilliland, Biffle, and Mears would be pretty potent.

Sparky1329
10th May 2007, 18:26
All Jr has to do is sit back for a year or two and buy the DEI race shop for pennies on the dollar since that's about what it will be worth at that point.

Cindy_AL
10th May 2007, 19:08
All Jr has to do is sit back for a year or two and buy the DEI race shop for pennies on the dollar since that's about what it will be worth at that point.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Erki
10th May 2007, 19:16
I wonder why everyone thinks DEI is done without Junior. Sure they'd lost the Bud $$$ and maybe some crew but they're still a half decent team.

trumperZ06
10th May 2007, 19:34
;) Sounds like DEI will be saying good-bye to GM too !!! Along with many associate sponsors who will also go with Jr.

I wonder how many employees will move when Dale Jr leaves too ?

Sparky1329
10th May 2007, 21:17
I wonder why everyone thinks DEI is done without Junior. Sure they'd lost the Bud $$$ and maybe some crew but they're still a half decent team.

Just think about the major sponsors DEI has already lost. Pennzoil and NAPA come to mind first. The Bud bucks have to be quite substantial. DEI has not been competitive and sponsors pay to win.

LINCE
10th May 2007, 21:54
Just think about the major sponsors DEI has already lost. Pennzoil and NAPA come to mind first. The Bud bucks have to be quite substantial. DEI has not been competitive and sponsors pay to win.

If sponsors pay to win then they shouldnīt go with JR he isnīt that good I donīt now why he has so many fans but I think itīs just for his lastname apart from that he isnīt anything to cheer for I hope DEI start wining next year with another driver

Cindy_AL
10th May 2007, 21:56
A driver is only as good as the car he drives.

Cindy_AL
10th May 2007, 21:57
....... and, so, I guess that makes Mikey a POS. ;)

LINCE
10th May 2007, 22:11
Iīm sorry but it has been 9 years and in those years they have got some good cars and he didnīt deliver either and assuming that the problem is the car there is no reason for making him such a hero until he get at least a championship, plus a driver always can push a team forward and he didnīt

harvick#1
10th May 2007, 22:17
I highly doubt Hendrick will give up Mears. they were fitting to get him for at least 2 years and the cars they said they've given him, he doesn't like, Hendrick will give him newer cars suited to Mears.

so I think Hendrick is out of the question with Jr., you got to be thinking if Yeley is in hot water in the 18 or if Jr. will go to the 33 for RCR

muggle not
10th May 2007, 22:52
Iīm sorry but it has been 9 years and in those years they have got some good cars and he didnīt deliver either and assuming that the problem is the car there is no reason for making him such a hero until he get at least a championship, plus a driver always can push a team forward and he didnīt

all you have to do is look at Jr's record to see that he has performed very well in his career.

Phoenixent
10th May 2007, 23:06
A driver is only as good as the car he drives.

I believe that saying goes both ways. Car is only as good as the driver. After all he is the Pilot of that rocket.

For the past couple of years Jr's mind has not been with racing.

Phoenixent
10th May 2007, 23:09
all you have to do is look at Jr's record to see that he has performed very well in his career.

Yes but he does not push his car as hard as some others do out on the track that get to victory lane week in week out.

LINCE
10th May 2007, 23:18

Iīm not saying he is a bad driver but he is not the best out there in 2004 he had a very good car championship material, but that didnīt materialize.
He is a good driver and I will never say he isnīt but he is not the best one nor should he be the more popular or have that kind of following and that kind of following and demands just must get after a championship.
He is being treated like the Danica Patrick of Nascar and he deserves so much better than that
Plus Iīm not against him switching teams what I hate is reading about people thinking and wishing that a good team should disappear because of a single driver

Cindy_AL
11th May 2007, 02:29
Im not saying that I think Jr is one of the top drivers... Im actually more of a Hendrick fan myself..... but I dont think DEI has kept up with the changing technology as a result of poor management and less financial support going into research and development. I believe Jr's career in recent yrs has been riddled with internal conflict, personal tragedies and media distractions. I think he has the talent & enthusiasm to be more successful than given credit. With the constant power struggles at DEI almost behind him, I am optimistic that he will become more consistent and focused on winning.

Sparky1329
11th May 2007, 04:15
Iīm not saying he is a bad driver but he is not the best out there in 2004 he had a very good car championship material, but that didnīt materialize.
He is a good driver and I will never say he isnīt but he is not the best one nor should he be the more popular or have that kind of following and that kind of following and demands just must get after a championship.
He is being treated like the Danica Patrick of Nascar and he deserves so much better than that
Plus Iīm not against him switching teams what I hate is reading about people thinking and wishing that a good team should disappear because of a single driver

I'm not wishing anything negative on DEI. Teresa has taken care of that part. If she won't release the purse strings to beef up the racing side of it, and she hasn't and probably won't, she'll seal the fate of DEI all by herself. Letting Jr go is only a part of the big picture.