16th January 2020, 14:58
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EOaZ1_kX0AAxLNL?format=jpg&name=large

AnttiL
16th January 2020, 15:10
- New stage Felgueras on Sunday
- Amarante is only 30 km long
- Arganil is 4 km longer
- Street stages back to Porto

Long stages are really disappearing from WRC...

Katvala
16th January 2020, 15:21
By today's standards, 20km is a long stsge

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

wrc2017
16th January 2020, 15:26
By today's standards, 20km is a long stsge

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Heard today Meeke to do Portugal and Germany

Andre Oliveira
16th January 2020, 16:30
- Arganil is 4 km longer

Like i said on Twitter: Felgueiras is Santa Quitéria stage, held in 90s. Will be used in Rally Serras de Fafe e Felgueiras (national championship). It seems some WRC teams are interested on that rally.

Sardalense
16th January 2020, 16:45
- Arganil is 4 km longer

Felgueiras is Santa Quitéria, first used in 1994 and the last time was 1998. It's the same stage. It will be interesting to compare stage times.

Mortágua will use most of Aguieira stage from 1999, 2000 and 2001. And finally Arganil, some of the new roads of the stage are not new to Rally Portugal and the last km are completely new, never used in any rally before.

barnesdacb
16th February 2020, 14:03
this is what people want nowadays, i suppose the attention span for the modern spectator is not what it use to be
Thought spending the best part of a day to do 60 miles is a bit ridiculous

otherDB

the sniper
16th February 2020, 19:00
this is what people want nowadays, i suppose the attention span for the modern spectator is not what it use to be

Nonsense. Absolutely nothing to do with spectators. It's for the convenience and financial benefit of the organisers, teams and WRC Promoter... No fans asked for today's itineraries.

AnttiL
16th February 2020, 19:05

otherDB

What day are you referring to? Have you followed the sport in the last 20 years?

Rally Power
16th February 2020, 22:05
otherDB

They may look short but modern WRC sprint rallys are much more competitive than the marathon events of the 80’s. Sunday’s compact leg is due to Power Stage TV schedule, a major contribution for the series popularity.

Btw, from this year already run or presented events, Rally de Portugal has the largest SS route, with 331 kms.