PDA

View Full Version : Just saying hello!

CaptainMorgan
5th January 2020, 03:38
Hello everyone, since I am new I wanted to introduce myself briefly. I have not found a corresponding thread, so I hope it is ok if I do this. Otherwise, this post can be put in the thread if there is any for introduction.

I have been a Formula 1 and motorsport fan for a long time, unfortunately I lost interest in Formula 1 in the meantime (since the beginning of 2017) (due to various things, especially the regulations, the many "mimimi" of the drivers, etc.) , After this year I decided to try again in 2020. I personally am a big fan of McLaren (hard times since 2014, but the trend has been going up a bit since 2019) and Williams (masochist, I know). I really don't like Red Bull or Toro Rosso (on principle, I don't like anything that has to do with red bulls).

Otherwise, I also follow rally (the Dakar is just around the corner) and touring cars.

Musically I am at home in rock, metal and medieval / folk. My taste is wide and not limited to certain genres or varieties.

airshifter
5th January 2020, 15:37
Being the off season, the Formula 1 section will probably be fairly quiet for a while. A lot of the F1 fans have moved on, or many have just quit watching as much as they used to do. And somebody has to be rooting for Williams!

The Rally forums still seem more active, so you will probably have more to do in there for now.

It isn't a real busy forum these days, but a few of us stick around. Welcome!

CaptainMorgan
5th January 2020, 23:47
Thank you!

Jag_Warrior
19th February 2020, 23:11
Being the off season, the Formula 1 section will probably be fairly quiet for a while. A lot of the F1 fans have moved on, or many have just quit watching as much as they used to do. And somebody has to be rooting for Williams!

The Rally forums still seem more active, so you will probably have more to do in there for now.

It isn't a real busy forum these days, but a few of us stick around. Welcome!

Or in my case, it's the only forum that'll have me.

Welcome aboard, CaptainMorgan! :wave:

Mark
25th February 2020, 10:54
Or in my case, it's the only forum that'll have me.

Even then... :p

donKey jote
25th February 2020, 17:06
Oh crap... looks like that Mark chap is still here :-/

pino
28th February 2020, 13:09
Oh crap... looks like that Mark chap is still here :-/

Me too...:p

donKey jote
29th February 2020, 21:05
Damn! I’d forgotten about you! :p :wave: :sailor:

steveaki13