PDA

View Full Version : From an aesthetics standpoint, how do you feel about the 18-inch wheel/tire combo?

Jag_Warrior
27th November 2019, 23:38

Sorry, I have no idea how to resize pics on this board.

Here's the link:

https://www.grandprix247.com/2019/11/27/sainz-no-driving-style-change-for-18-inch-tyres/

zako85
28th November 2019, 11:06
I wish they kept the old F1 tires because they looked fantastic, but that's just my subjective view.

Zico
28th November 2019, 14:03
I prefer the look of the old tyres but its not a huge deal.
I justt wonder if we might see the suspension and chassis being damaged a lot easier... at least initially?

Bagwan
28th November 2019, 19:59
Aesthetically , I am not a fan .

And , otherwise , I am also not a fan .

Nitrodaze
2nd December 2019, 14:23
I wish they kept the old F1 tires because they looked fantastic, but that's just my subjective view.

This is one area where the new regulation look ugly. They have made the car heavier, hence need these bigger tires. The aesthetics of the chassis look great, then they put ugly big rubbers on it. Like a supermodel in wellington boots.
The tyres are the only thing l dislike about the 2021 car.

airshifter
4th December 2019, 23:42
I don't think they look that bad really. We just got used to the fact that we had a smaller rim and bigger tire combo, more in line with the small size of the car height. It will be interesting to see if they struggle with tire temps more with less sidewall and more rim. I suspect that it might make it even harder to get any specific tire into that magic heat window they seem to have these days.