PDA

View Full Version : Interlagos 2019 - Brazilian Grand Prix

airshifter
17th November 2019, 14:03
Nitrodaze must be ill or otherwise away from a computer, so let's get this thing rolling. Qually is over and the race it today!

With it's elevation changes, long uphills that need horsepower, and tight and twisty second sector, Interlagos is a track that demands both balance and power from the cars.

http://f1.imgci.com/PICTURES/CMS/34700/34741.jpg

This race has had some surprises over the years, and with Leclerc facing a penalty watching him move through the pack should be interesting. With Max up front, we all have to wonder if the Ferrari or Merc cars can give him a challenge.

And with so many tight curves on the track, it's only fitting that the grid girls seemed to follow suit.

https://i.imgur.com/S44YI5R.jpg

No real surprises up at the front of the pack, but both Haas cars make it to the top 10, and Kimi gets one of the Alfa cars into the top 10 as well. Lewis seems to think that both Ferrari and RB have power on the Merc car now, and that might make things tough even in race pace. But it looks to me like a race where any of the top three teams could take a win. Strategy and race pace will decide how this one pans out today.

airshifter
17th November 2019, 16:49
Lewis gets Seb on the start, but it doesn't look like he has any challenge for Max on the track. Who will blink first on pit strategy?

Danny Ric got a bit out of place there, and K Mag suffered from it.

Great pace from Leclerc so far, where will he make it to?

airshifter
17th November 2019, 17:03
Merc blinks first with the undercut, but after Max makes the pass almost look easy on the track.

airshifter
17th November 2019, 17:42
Not sure how this will play out, but the safety car call was BS in my opinion.

airshifter
17th November 2019, 18:02
Double dumb with Ferrari and Merc. Seb moves into Leclerc, and Merc pit when the safety car is called.

Merc might have just tossed away a podium for Lewis, and Seb just screwed Ferrari hard. Turkey comes to mind with the Vettel move!

The Black Knight
17th November 2019, 18:14
Double dumb with Ferrari and Merc. Seb moves into Leclerc, and Merc pit when the safety car is called.

Merc might have just tossed away a podium for Lewis, and Seb just screwed Ferrari hard. Turkey comes to mind with the Vettel move!

Dumbest of the day goes to Crofty and Brundle for not noticing Verstappen repassed Hamilton after the first pit stop. Lots of stupid today.

BigWorm
17th November 2019, 18:22
Holy crap. This was nuts

airshifter
17th November 2019, 18:23
Dumbest of the day goes to Crofty and Brundle for not noticing Verstappen repassed Hamilton after the first pit stop. Lots of stupid today.

I think they noticed that, but then thought that Lewis got him back when in fact Lewis was getting by Albon. In all fairness the camera shot just jumped back to a the Merc passing a RB, and at first I thought they were right until the camera zoomed out.

Maybe me and TBK were the only ones watching? If so, for everyone else, your loss! :laugh:

That was one of the wildest Brazilian GPs ever. I'm going to just say now that if you didn't watch and read this, leave the forum and avoid all spoilers until you figure out how to watch the race. It was THAT crazy, and results as they stand now might not be final. But either way there were plenty of twists and turns, strategy calls, and an all around very exciting race IMO.

Leave now and avoid spoilers, you will be glad you watched it!

truefan72
19th November 2019, 18:16
So Sainz gets hist first podium Congrats
And Alfa Romero get p4 and p5 which is absolutely huge for them!

airshifter
19th November 2019, 22:33
I can't believe that so many people either didn't watch the race or haven't commented. I think this has to have been the wildest race of the year myself, from on track action and strategy calls to penalties and finish positions.

Bagwan
21st November 2019, 19:06
I can't believe that so many people either didn't watch the race or haven't commented. I think this has to have been the wildest race of the year myself, from on track action and strategy calls to penalties and finish positions.

I've been a little busy of late , so sorry I haven't commented yet .
It was a cool race , and one that puts paid the notion that F1 is too predictable .

The only thing lacking was the moment that Hamilton was plucked from the ready room like Max was , which would have been fairer for the the youngster Sainz , and also get a good scandally-type moment for some good press coverage for the set up of the final race in the desert .

I was hoping for coverage of the Ferrari boxing ring they set up at the back of the paddock because they had some free time at the end of the race as well , but it was to no avail .

zako85
23rd November 2019, 14:21
How come no one is discussing Gasly? What a solid race for him. He was the best of the rest the whole time. Remember how everyone wrote him off at the beginning of this season? Kvyat on the other hand is now slowly losing his steam. Kvyat's Achilles heel is in his qualifying. He couldn't consistently beat either Albon or Gasly in qualifying. Yes, Kvyat is good at making progress through the field on Sundays, but what's the point? Lose a few spots in qualifying, in order to gain them back in the race, and still barely able to fight for a point position this way.

Big Ben
25th November 2019, 11:28
How about that Sainz? From dead last to third. It's a shame he couldn't enjoy his first podium on the podium.