PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Hungarian GP - Hungaroring Mogyoród

Nitrodaze
30th July 2019, 18:59
https://www.grandprix247.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/hungria2s.jpg

The current Hungaroring layout has been in place since 2003 as a revision of the previous layout, to facilitate overtaking. The first Hungarian F1 GP race took place in 1986 when Hungary was still under Soviet Union control. Hence it was the first F1 race ever behind the iron curtain. The 1st Hungarian F1 race was won by Nigel Piquet in the Williams-Honda.

The track is 4.381 km (2.722 mi) long with fourteen corners and three major straights. A full race is 70 laps over 306.630 km (190.531 mi) distance. The most successful driver of this track is the five time world champion Lewis Hamilton who has won this race six times. Vettel is the only other driver on the current grid to win this race, he has won it twice. Mclaren ramains the most successful team to race this track with 11 wins.

Micheal Schumarcher currently hold the race lap record set in 2004 on this track at 1:19:071. The fastest lap ever on this track was set by Sebastien Vettel during prastise 3 in 2018 at 1:16:170. Lewis Hamilton is the last winner of this race.

https://i0.wp.com/thef1spectator.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/f1-hungaroring-1024x683.jpg

With barely a week to recover from a rollercoaster of a race at Hockenheimring, the F1 bandwagon rolls into Budapest. In its wake, was the worst Mercedes showing of the season and the worst 125 years celebration of all time. Mercedes in their period racing gear looked comical as their race unravelled and Redbull was close at hand to swoop up the winners trophy once more.

If the last three races are anything to go by, this race is most likely to be spectacular. For a start Mercedes would be seeking to return to winning ways. And Ferrari shall be seeking to win their first race of the season. But Redbull would come into this race weekend with a swagger in their steps, knowing Mercedes and Ferrari would be quietly nervous of them.

It is a Hamilton track, hence it would be difficult but not impossible for anyone else to win it. But this track may suit the Ferrari car just as well as it would the Mercedes. Hence, l expect that Ferrari may give Mercedes their closest fight since the beginning of the season. My gut feeling suggest that Leclerc may take pole this weekend. If he does, he may win this race. Whatrever the case, Hamilton would need to dig deep to ensure he comes on top this weekend.

Now check out this Hungarian bird and let the cockles of your heart be warmed for this Hungarian GP.
https://cdn-1.motorsport.com/static/img/mgl/300000/390000/390000/390400/390431/s8/gp2-hungaroring-2006-a-grid-girl.jpg

Big Ben
31st July 2019, 10:18
Nope, Hungary was not in the Soviet Union.

aykutbilir
31st July 2019, 11:45
Let grid girls back

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone araclyla gönderildi

Nitrodaze
31st July 2019, 13:02
Nope, Hungary was not in the Soviet Union.

Hungary was under Soviet control for 45 years since 1944 during the second world war. The Soviet presence ended in 1991 after the 2nd attempt at a revolution which started in 1989. The 1st revolution attempt in 1956 was crushed mercilessly by the Soviet regime of the time. Over the 45 years of occupation, over 600, 000 Hungarians were taken as slaves for forced labour in the then Soviet Union. Nearly 200,000 of those taken died in forced labour. Of course, in the wider scope of things such as what happened in Africa or in Asia, this number is minuscule. But it is still souls we are talking about nonetheless.

Read the following for more details:-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungary%E2%80%93Soviet_Union_relations

The Black Knight
31st July 2019, 13:05
Not sure about LeClerc taking pole in what is basically Monaco without the buildings. Downforce is Ferrari’s achilles heel. I’d fancy Max to take his first pole position rather than LeClerc. It’s about time Max got the ball rolling on that one. Hamilton was comfortable over Bottas here last year so it’ll be interesting to see how much Bottas has studied Hamilton’s data in order to catch up.

Nitrodaze
31st July 2019, 13:25
Not sure about LeClerc taking pole in what is basically Monaco without the buildings. Downforce is Ferrari’s achilles heel. I’d fancy Max to take his first pole position rather than LeClerc. It’s about time Max got the ball rolling on that one. Hamilton was comfortable over Bottas here last year so it’ll be interesting to see how much Bottas has studied Hamilton’s data in order to catch up.

I don't think Redbull have the horsepower to take poll, but it would be a pleasant surprise if they can manage to beat Mercedes on a typical Mercedes track. Only Ferrari have the sort of horsepower to get into Mercedes territory. I think it is an opportunity for Ferrari to snatch poll from Mercedes and go on to win the race, if they can avoid any errors.

I don't know what the temperatures are like in Hungary this weekend, that may be a factor as well.

Big Ben
31st July 2019, 18:32
Hungary was under Soviet control for 45 years since 1944 during the second world war. The Soviet presence ended in 1991 after the 2nd attempt at a revolution which started in 1989. The 1st revolution attempt in 1956 was crushed mercilessly by the Soviet regime of the time. Over the 45 years of occupation, over 600, 000 Hungarians were taken as slaves for forced labour in the then Soviet Union. Nearly 200,000 of those taken died in forced labour. Of course, in the wider scope of things such as what happened in Africa or in Asia, this number is minuscule. But it is still souls we are talking about nonetheless.

Read the following for more details:-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungary%E2%80%93Soviet_Union_relations

Thanks for the spinning class. Hungary starts about 10km from where I leave and we were (begrudgingly) part of Hungary for much of our history. We know where the borders with the Soviet union were and that the Soviets didn't stay within their borders. Still Hungary was not in the Soviet union just as Iraq is not a US state. Would have been better to just admit you phrased it wrong. No shame in that... on the contrary

The Black Knight
31st July 2019, 19:12
I don't think Redbull have the horsepower to take poll, but it would be a pleasant surprise if they can manage to beat Mercedes on a typical Mercedes track. Only Ferrari have the sort of horsepower to get into Mercedes territory. I think it is an opportunity for Ferrari to snatch poll from Mercedes and go on to win the race, if they can avoid any errors.

I don't what the temperatures are like in Hungary this weekend, that may be a factor as well.

Honestly, I think you’re confusing this track with somewhere else. It’s one of the least horsepower dependant tracks on the calendar. Realistically any of the top three teams can get it.

Nitrodaze
31st July 2019, 20:05
Honestly, I think you’re confusing this track with somewhere else. It’s one of the least horsepower dependant tracks on the calendar. Realistically any of the top three teams can get it.

It is a narrow track, overtaking is difficult. Mercedes excel here because it is a combined high corning speed and good short straight speed track but the series of corners that flow from one into another from corner 4 through to corner 11 means cornering speed is equally important for a fast full lap overall. Mercedes is just as fast as the Redbull through these series of corners but faster on the straights. The Ferrari has now improved their corner speed, probably not quite as fast as the Mercedes through the corners, but the fastest on the straights. In quali trim, the Redbull would not be able to beat the Mercedes, l think. But may cause problems for Ferrari. In race trim, the story is different. Redbull really go well here in race trim. With clever strategy, they can win this race. It would help if they can qualify on the first two rows of the grid.

Nitrodaze
31st July 2019, 23:56
Thanks for the spinning class. Hungary starts about 10km from where I leave and we were (begrudgingly) part of Hungary for much of our history. We know where the borders with the Soviet union were and that the Soviets didn't stay within their borders. Still Hungary was not in the Soviet union just as Iraq is not a US state. Would have been better to just admit you phrased it wrong. No shame in that... on the contrary

I have amended accordingly. You are right in the sense that the Soviets did not expand their borders to include Hungary and recognize them as Soviet citizens. Instead they occupied the country as an annex of the Soviet Union. As they did Poland Romania, Bulgaria etc. But you have to appreciate that for most of us outside of this, we see these countries [including Hungary ] as being behind the Soviet iron curtain. To enter any of those countries, was no different to stepping into Russia itself at the time.

zako85
1st August 2019, 05:59
Over the 45 years of occupation, over 600, 000 Hungarians were taken as slaves for forced labour in the then Soviet Union.

This statement is utter BS in that the Hungarians were being taken into forced laborallegedly for _over 45 years_. The ones who were taken into forced labor were certainly prisoners of world war II, so taken during or immediately after WWII. Those who don't recall it any more, Hungarians, Romanians, Italians, and other Axis allies assisted Nazi Germany in the siege of Stalingrad, got surrounded, and many were taken prisoner in 1943. Yes, it probably was not a field trip.

Nitrodaze
1st August 2019, 06:03
This statement is utter BS. The ones who were taking into forced labor were certainly prisoners of world war II. Those who don't recall it any more, Hungarians, Italians, and other Axis allies assisted Nazi Germany in the siege of Stalingrad, got surrounded, and many were taken prisoner.

Well that is not how the Hungarians see it. I wonder if you were there to see what happened to be confident to state that it is BS. Besides, there was and is an international convention for the treatment of war prisoners. And that did not include forced labour of non-combatant persons. Also, you cannot be certain that all of those 600, 000 people were Nazi sympathizers. What about those Hungarians that resisted the occupation of their country. This is like saying all muslims are terrorists.

In war, different measures would apply for persons that is believed to have assisted the enemy. Extracting these persons into labour camps may be one of those measures. We cannot ignore the fact that it happened. Because there is no evidence that these persons were tried in a court of law and were formally sentenced to the labour camps. If you can provide such an evidence then l shall duly apologize and remove my comments.

And there was the issue of forced occupation of these sovereign states amongst many other things we can talk about if we were to go into the details of the whole affair. I would not dismiss the history of a country as BS.

This is the unfortunate history of our world. It is ugly to reiterate, but it was what it was. Times have moved on and we must learn from it which is why we talk about these things. The worst thing we can do is to bury it into the past because it is too awkward to consider that men did these things to other men.

Big Ben
1st August 2019, 07:53
I have amended accordingly. You are right in the sense that the Soviets did not expand their borders to include Hungary and recognize them as Soviet citizens. Instead they occupied the country as an annex of the Soviet Union. As they did Poland Romania, Bulgaria etc. But you have to appreciate that for most of us outside of this, we see these countries [including Hungary ] as being behind the Soviet iron curtain. To enter any of those countries, was no different to stepping into Russia itself at the time.

The Soviet troops left Romania in 1958 so we were for the most part of out communist period "unoccupied". The Romanian communist government was bad enough on its own and didn't need Soviet assistance to keep the population under its boots. We were at odds with the Soviets quite often. We didn't take part in the invasion of Czechoslovakia and we got along (officially) quite well with the West for a decade or so. Then our beloved leader got in love with North Korea (another color in the rainbow of communist madness) and we went that way. For the last part I think we could have taught the soviets how the madness of Communism is being done. On the other hand, on the other side of the border, in Hungary, with all the soviet troops, things were somewhat lighter. They still had a little economic freedom, like little private shops. It doesn't sound like much but on this side of the border that was seen as quite exotic. And then you have Yugoslavia that just told the Soviet Union to **** off. There was some variety in the non-soviet communist states. I think you were allowed to do your own thing as long you stayed undemocratic and oppressive enough. The Soviet states had to do it the soviet way. They had to participate in the invasion of Czechoslovakia or Afghanistan. They had to participate in the clean-up of Chernobyl. And they probably didn't have the freedom to host an F1 Grand Prix. Anyway... sorry for the off topic.

I hope it will rain because otherwise I predict for Sunday afternoon a nap.

Nitrodaze
1st August 2019, 08:44
The Soviet troops left Romania in 1958 so we were for the most part of out communist period "unoccupied". The Romanian communist government was bad enough on its own and didn't need Soviet assistance to keep the population under its boots. We were at odds with the Soviets quite often. We didn't take part in the invasion of Czechoslovakia and we got along (officially) quite well with the West for a decade or so. Then our beloved leader got in love with North Korea (another color in the rainbow of communist madness) and we went that way. For the last part I think we could have taught the soviets how the madness of Communism is being done. On the other hand, on the other side of the border, in Hungary, with all the soviet troops, things were somewhat lighter. They still had a little economic freedom, like little private shops. It doesn't sound like much but on this side of the border that was seen as quite exotic. And then you have Yugoslavia that just told the Soviet Union to **** off. There was some variety in the non-soviet communist states. I think you were allowed to do your own thing as long you stayed undemocratic and oppressive enough. The Soviet states had to do it the soviet way. They had to participate in the invasion of Czechoslovakia or Afghanistan. They had to participate in the clean-up of Chernobyl. And they probably didn't have the freedom to host an F1 Grand Prix. Anyway... sorry for the off topic.

I hope it will rain because otherwise I predict for Sunday afternoon a nap.

Those were messy times. I am thankful that we can enjoy a weekend of F1 racing in a country that has healed and is doing very well in today's socio-economic climate.

Nitrodaze
2nd August 2019, 11:01
It is looking like it would be closer than usual between the top three teams. I fancy Redbull to be the ones to watch in the race.

N. Jones
2nd August 2019, 14:47
Did it rain at all during FP2? I am unable to watch it at work (the haterz!).

Nitrodaze
2nd August 2019, 16:09
Did it rain at all during FP2? I am unable to watch it at work (the haterz!).

Yep, it rained. Lots of spins etc

Gasly tops FP2 timesheet. Followed by Verstapenn 0.015sec behind. Lewis 3rd and Bottas 4th. It looks very close.

Nitrodaze
3rd August 2019, 12:40
Let the show begin :-)

Nitrodaze
3rd August 2019, 14:28

Wow, you called it man! That was as clear a notice as Redbull can make to Mercedes. There is a new contender on the grid, Verstapenn, Redbull and Honda. Wow

airshifter
3rd August 2019, 14:34
Well deserved first pole for Max. That Q3 shootout was so tight between the top 3 that it could have belonged to any of them.

Ferrari seem to be lacking, but track temps and race pace for tomorrow might show a different game.

The Black Knight
3rd August 2019, 14:35

Prophetic I am. Despite Nitrodaze’s comments that this is a Horsepower dependant track, it’s absolutely not. (sorry nitrodaze ;) )Downforce is King here, as is track position, which is why qualifying panned out as I predicted although I am surprised to see Bottas ahead of Hamilton. Impressive performance from him although I suspect that, after Germany, he might lose his seat to Ocon.

EDIT: I see Verstappen is getting a bit mouthy stating that any driver on the grid could have won 5 championships with the car Hamilton had. Slow down there kid, you just got your first pole and I doubt Hamilton would have gone three seasons without a pole in the Red Bull. Even Ricciardo got poles while he was there. 87-1 buddy. One thing that stood out to me watching the Bottas/Verstappen laps side by side was how similar they were on nearly every section of the track. I couldn’t see anywhere where Verstappen had a clear driving advantage over Bottas. Normally when Lewis puts together a lap and suddenly goes 0.6 tenths faster it’s because he has done something special on one corner that no one else has done, like the last corner on his pole lap of Oz this year. I think Lewis could have got pole today had he not gone wide in the first sector. I’ve yet to see Max put a lap together where I’m like wow only Max could have done that. I’d actually love to see Max and Lewis paired in the same team. I’m pretty confident Lewis would beat Max over the course of a season but what a season that would be.

Finally, Stroll 19th again? He should not be in F1.

And Kubica, I’d like to see him back in 2020 but he needs to improve very quickly.

aykutbilir
3rd August 2019, 15:06
It is a deserved one for Max for sure. What make me worry is lack of Redbull’s Starting Grid Launch speed

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone araclyla gönderildi

journeyman racer
4th August 2019, 11:18
An intriguing race with the grid line up.

airshifter
4th August 2019, 13:35
This start could be critical for the Merc/Ferrari race. These cars are still suffering in dirty air, and that lead position is a big advantage. Max has his shot at reaching the first turn first.... will he make it stick? With the long start, getting off the line clean might allow Leclerc or Seb to make a move as well.

Let's go!

Tazio
4th August 2019, 13:51
Unless we have a safety car, this is a two freakin' horse race!

airshifter
4th August 2019, 14:27
It's going to get interesting here!

airshifter
4th August 2019, 14:45
Did RB just blink wrong? I'm thinking maybe they did!

truefan72
4th August 2019, 14:51
It's gonna get interesting.
This was either a genius move by mercedes or a blunder

airshifter
4th August 2019, 15:04
I think it was the right call either way. They couldn't make the move on track with the first run, the only choice was to roll the dice on tire strategy. Will Max be able to handle the last couple of laps with tires that old.... I'm thinking maybe not.

truefan72
4th August 2019, 15:08
Wow wow wow!

Tazio
4th August 2019, 15:08
Oh sweet-spank "the boss":dork:

truefan72
4th August 2019, 15:11
I think it was the right call either way. They couldn't make the move on track with the first run, the only choice was to roll the dice on tire strategy. Will Max be able to handle the last couple of laps with tires that old.... I'm thinking maybe not.

You were right!
Vettel also gets leclerc
The 2 stop was the optimum strategy
Bottas also in for p7

Tazio
4th August 2019, 15:11
Wow wow wow!Yeah babe! :wave:

truefan72
4th August 2019, 15:13
Smh bottas can't even get past kimi. Hmm

airshifter
4th August 2019, 15:16
Neither Max or Charles had a chance with the people behind on fresh tires. Until the last couple laps of catching up, I was at least hoping there would be some fight left for the leading cars. Lewis was so close on the final corner that Max may as well have just waved him by.

truefan72
4th August 2019, 15:23
81st victory. 10 behind schumi.
That was some drive.
Reminds me of the 2008 hockenheim win.
He smashed those laps coming from 21seconds back with 20 laps. A wc drive.
Max drove well. That rbr and honda engine are now legit. Easily overtaking ferrari. It really puts into question what went wrong with mclaren. (I say ron dennis)
Vettel with another stellar drive. The redemption tour continues.
Sainz again does well. As did Nortis
Kimi always incredible
Congrats Albon

Tazio
4th August 2019, 15:24
Neither Max or Charles had a chance with the people behind on fresh tires. Until the last couple laps of catching up, I was at least hoping there would be some fight left for the leading cars. Lewis was so close on the final corner that Max may as well have just waved him by.
:wave: :sailor: :wave:

Tazio
4th August 2019, 15:42
https://www.planetf1.com/news/esteban-ocon-in-valtteri-bottas-out-at-mercedes/
:wave:

airshifter
4th August 2019, 15:44

In all fairness, Kimi had a great race and is probably one of the best defenders in the current field. The Iceman knows how to keep them guessing, and knows where to put the car.

This race was quite revealing IMO as to where the cars stand. Even without DRS Lewis could gain on Max down the straights. Even though RB was on top for qually, it seems the car is a little harder to drive than the Merc, which is well planted. Ferrari are at least equal to RB or Merc in straight line speed, but the low speed corner gap to the other two seems to be widening, yet the car still isn't really good on tire wear.

Another strong showing by Mclaren, though the top three have put distance on everyone it seems.

And another race that has me questioning why Stroll, Grosjean, and possibly Giovinazzi are still in seats. Granted Racing Point needs the money, but sooner or later daddy is going to get tired of paying for a losing battle.

The Black Knight
4th August 2019, 15:44
81st victory. 10 behind schumi.
That was some drive.
Reminds me of the 2008 hockenheim win.
He smashed those laps coming from 21seconds back with 20 laps. A wc drive.
Max drove well. That rbr and honda engine are now legit. Easily overtaking ferrari. It really puts into question what went wrong with mclaren. (I say ron dennis)
Vettel with another stellar drive. The redemption tour continues.
Sainz again does well. As did Nortis
Kimi always incredible
Congrats Albon

A great victory, nearly rivalling Schumacher in 1998 here which still remains one of the greatest drives in the history of the sport.

Sorrt Max, mate. Maybe this may teach him to reign in his comments until he has actually achieved something noteworthy in the sport.

airshifter
4th August 2019, 15:48
https://www.planetf1.com/news/esteban-ocon-in-valtteri-bottas-out-at-mercedes/
:wave:

Only time will tell if Nico is right about this one. This race surely wasn't one to make the case to keep Bottas, as he seemed to struggle even after the wing incident.

Bagwan
4th August 2019, 15:55
Another fun race to watch .
Anyone still bored ?

Two fashion faux pas situations , though .
Can someone at Merc test the team shirts with a champagne soaking before they are issued to the personnel , to try to find some that don't become almost completely transparent when wet on the podium ? Please .

Secondly , and more importantly , have we ever seen a driver stand through the national anthems with a hat on before ?
I can't remember ever seeing it .
I'm not sure if it's an actual offence in the podium protocol , but I suspect it is .
Having seen the speed at which he slid the hat on , all in one motion , as the balaclava came off before the grid talk , I suspect his podium headgear was all about a bad hair day , and so , frankly , it looked pretty disrespectful to stand through those anthems with it on .

It was a bad look for Lewis , after a stellar drive .

journeyman racer
4th August 2019, 16:31
That was pretty good. You need to keep in check these Verstappen/RB/losers in orange form getting ahead of themselves.

Martin Brundle is a lame arse. It's a changing of the guard in F1 apparently. What an idiot.

The Black Knight
4th August 2019, 20:30
Damon Hill also said this was a changing of the guard after the GP. I find that particularly idiotic since Hamilton had won by then. No doubt though, Brundle is a lame ass.

I cannot see Gasly keeping his seat until the end of the season. A lap down on his teammate again. He’s absolutely awful and simply not able to drive to the required level in F1 of a team like RBR.

The Ferrari’s were scarily slow today by comparison to Hamiltom and Verstappen. They have serious work to do.

Funny yet again to see Max Verstappen get DOTD again with all his butthurt Dutch fans voting in their consolation prize that means absolutely nothing.

truefan72
5th August 2019, 00:29
That was pretty good. You need to keep in check these Verstappen/RB/losers in orange form getting ahead of themselves.

Martin Brundle is a lame arse. It's a changing of the guard in F1 apparently. What an idiot.

Damon Hill also said this was a changing of the guard after the GP. I find that particularly idiotic since Hamilton had won by then. No doubt though, Brundle is a lame ass.

I cannot see Gasly keeping his seat until the end of the season. A lap down on his teammate again. He’s absolutely awful and simply not able to drive to the required level in F1 of a team like RBR.

The Ferrari’s were scarily slow today by comparison to Hamiltom and Verstappen. They have serious work to do.

Funny yet again to see Max Verstappen get DOTD again with all his butthurt Dutch fans voting in their consolation prize that means absolutely nothing.

Yup. That was pretty annoying IMO
in the last 4 races, hamilton and vettel have split the wins. and tbh it could have easily been 3-1 hamilton.
Verstappen has as many wins as Bottas this year and is still behind him in the standings.
Hamilton has given up nothing to Verstappen this year and leads him by 68 points.
He has 8 race wins and a commanding lead in the WDC so i'm not sure about a changing of the guard.
And the way they were all spouting this in unison seems to be talking points delivered to them by the producers.

A changing of the guard would be alonso in 2005/2006 vs schumi.

Tazio
5th August 2019, 00:55
A changing of the guard would be alonso in 2005/2006 vs schumi.
A lot of fan-boys still want to believe it was Kimi! :confused: :rotflmao:

Nitrodaze
5th August 2019, 16:04
Only time will tell if Nico is right about this one. This race surely wasn't one to make the case to keep Bottas, as he seemed to struggle even after the wing incident.

If l remember correctly, two races ago was when Bottas began to crumble in 2018. He never recovered and Woolf is probably thinking that how Bottas does over this period would give an indication of where the rest of the season is heading for him. It was bad luck that took the swell of Bottas' potential last season as it has this season. I think, the decision would be finalize based on how well he tackles his return from the holiday break. If his performances are still as we have seen in the last two races, regardless of the reason, chances are his seat would be lost.

That said, l am not so sure Ocon is the right man to take that seat. I have not seen enough to suggest that he is deserving of it. Or to suggest that he can perform better than Bottas. I am not even sure he is a better choice than Russell.

A Verstapenn switch to Mercedes along side Hamillton would be quite popular. It would produce some of the most entertaining racing since Hamilton faced up to Rosberg.

Nitrodaze
5th August 2019, 16:15

It is clear that the Sky lot are just as fed up of Hamilton winning everything as you are Journeyman. Though the first proper head to head has not produced a win for the mouthy dutchman, the Sky lot could not resist spouting there is a changing of the guard. It is irritating how they embarrass us their dutifully paying customers. Their inability to be impartial is really what pisses me off. They have to wait till the second half of the season to see if there is a changing of the guard going on or if this is just Redbull capitalizing on Mercedes blips.

We can say there is a changing of the guard when Verstapenn has won more races than Hamilton in the same season. At eight wins to two there is no changing of anything.

Nitrodaze
5th August 2019, 16:20
Prophetic I am. Despite Nitrodaze’s comments that this is a Horsepower dependant track, it’s absolutely not. (sorry nitrodaze ;) )Downforce is King here, as is track position, which is why qualifying panned out as I predicted although I am surprised to see Bottas ahead of Hamilton. Impressive performance from him although I suspect that, after Germany, he might lose his seat to Ocon.

EDIT: I see Verstappen is getting a bit mouthy stating that any driver on the grid could have won 5 championships with the car Hamilton had. Slow down there kid, you just got your first pole and I doubt Hamilton would have gone three seasons without a pole in the Red Bull. Even Ricciardo got poles while he was there. 87-1 buddy. One thing that stood out to me watching the Bottas/Verstappen laps side by side was how similar they were on nearly every section of the track. I couldn’t see anywhere where Verstappen had a clear driving advantage over Bottas. Normally when Lewis puts together a lap and suddenly goes 0.6 tenths faster it’s because he has done something special on one corner that no one else has done, like the last corner on his pole lap of Oz this year. I think Lewis could have got pole today had he not gone wide in the first sector. I’ve yet to see Max put a lap together where I’m like wow only Max could have done that. I’d actually love to see Max and Lewis paired in the same team. I’m pretty confident Lewis would beat Max over the course of a season but what a season that would be.

Finally, Stroll 19th again? He should not be in F1.

And Kubica, I’d like to see him back in 2020 but he needs to improve very quickly.

I did not think Redbull could take poll. But l thought they could win the race from anywhere on the first two rows of the grid. As it goes, it happened the other way round. But l also did say that l fail to see anyone but Hamilton winning it.
That said, respect! You were spot on.

Verstapenn drove a brilliant race though, he just got a taste of what the fuss about Hamilton is all about, thats all. And Redbull properly discovered what a formidable opponent Mercedes is. Redbull would regroup and come back on the attack next time round. The Redbull vs Mercedes duel was long awaited, hence it is good to see signs of it coming about.

Jarek Z
10th August 2019, 11:15
How about this video from Williams? :)
https://www.facebook.com/WilliamsF1Team/videos/494929194605649/

The Black Knight
12th August 2019, 11:12
Gasly dropped by RBR for Albon from Spa ownards. No surprise there.

Tazio
12th August 2019, 12:20
:angel::wave:

N. Jones
12th August 2019, 15:14
:angel::wave:

:dork:

journeyman racer
22nd August 2019, 12:45
This race was won by MB thinking on their feet and choosing the right strategy. Guys like truefan get overly critical in other threads when MB don't apply the best strategy for Hamilton in other races, but doesn't acknowledge it in this thread when it was the biggest factor.

With Hamilton stopping later for the first time, it was 50/50 at the end in the closing stages of the race. But with the decision to stop again, it made it 100/0 in favour of Hamilton.

It is clear that the Sky lot are just as fed up of Hamilton winning everything as you are Journeyman. Though the first proper head to head has not produced a win for the mouthy dutchman, the Sky lot could not resist spouting there is a changing of the guard..
I can deal with Hamilton winning. I got annoyed that Brundle got caught up with the soap opera of F1.

Verstappen can say that anyone could've won 5 championships in an MB because it's mostly accurate.

Nitrodaze
22nd August 2019, 14:27
This race was won by MB thinking on their feet and choosing the right strategy. Guys like truefan get overly critical in other threads when MB don't apply the best strategy for Hamilton in other races, but doesn't acknowledge it in this thread when it was the biggest factor.

With Hamilton stopping later for the first time, it was 50/50 at the end in the closing stages of the race. But with the decision to stop again, it made it 100/0 in favour of Hamilton.

I can deal with Hamilton winning. I got annoyed that Brundle got caught up with the soap opera of F1.

Verstappen can say that anyone could've won 5 championships in an MB because it's mostly accurate.

Well, why didn't Rosburg. It is like saying anybody could have won 6 times in the Shumacher Ferrari. Or anyone could have won 4 times in the Vettel Redull. That is as accurate as a bird in the bushes. Not really a bird in hand.