PDA

View Full Version : [WRC] COPEC Rally Chile 2019

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

mknight
13th May 2019, 05:58
All it cost him is 3 driver points (no change for manu) , which in his position are rather pointless anyway. Could have been much worse as he clearly broke the rules by working on the car in TC.

Other points:
- why don't they have ski goggles on car? This does hapen from time to time and at least for Sweden, sone crews do have them

- In quite a few european countries he would probably be stopped by Police for driving without windscreen on road section, here he wasn't.

mknight
13th May 2019, 06:03
Also the point about the penalty going against FIA push for safety is playing with fire. They will take his words for it and change the rules to forbid driving without compete windscreen. Just like last year when him starting the stage on the rim in Portugal made them forbid this in the rules.

Allez Andruet
13th May 2019, 06:21
Hats off for Meeke for telling it like it is instead of voicing his opinion through the usual PR-BS filter.

AnttiL
13th May 2019, 07:26
Just to make sure you all understand: Meeke was penalised for working on the car at the control area after TC, not for driving without windscreen. If he had removed the windscreen during the road section, it would have been OK.

Latvala was also penalized in Mexico for fixing the car on Light Fitting Zone.

CWJ
13th May 2019, 07:39
It would have been also OK just past the start area in the stage ;)

AnttiL
13th May 2019, 07:42
It would have been also OK just past the start area in the stage ;)

which would have cost him probably exactly that minute...

Rallyper
13th May 2019, 08:18
Well, you have to remember those unfrotunate incidents like Evans having a puncture on the final stage, Suninen and Paddon crashing, even Mikkelsen was going for it in Turkey before his car broke...first ones that spring to mind, could be some more.

Yes. And Latvala leading Rally Finland 2017 when engine failure let him down on Ouninpohja.

kiil
13th May 2019, 08:56
Just to make sure you all understand: Meeke was penalised for working on the car at the control area after TC, not for driving without windscreen. If he had removed the windscreen during the road section, it would have been OK.

Latvala was also penalized in Mexico for fixing the car on Light Fitting Zone.

Exactly, rules are rules. Everybody in that game is aware of the parc ferme rules, and you can't really start bending these, not even on safety grounds.

spiderem
13th May 2019, 09:47
Very poor performance by Mikkelsen. He cannot hide anymore behind car setup / lack of confidence / driving style change / etc. All the drivers were in the same boat starting Friday morning. The fact that Loeb was in contention for 2nd place also shows how low Mikkelsen's level is.

EstWRC
13th May 2019, 10:20
Waiting mknights response in 1,2,3......

CWJ
13th May 2019, 10:23
which would have cost him probably exactly that minute...

Yep but you save a lot of time while you dont need to eat humble pie @Waltraud ;)

Got Mail
13th May 2019, 10:34
Hats off for Meeke for telling it like it is instead of voicing his opinion through the usual PR-BS filter.

He represents a manufacturer, who pay his salary.

He should have more sense.

steve.mandzij
13th May 2019, 11:01
Hats off for Meeke for telling it like it is instead of voicing his opinion through the usual PR-BS filter.He's got the strongest character of all the current drivers, almost to the point of looking apathetic, but I love everything about it. When I went to the service park in Argentina, Latvala came out all smiles and waving at the crowd, signing autographs and stuff almost immediately. Kris turned round, gave a single wave with his lips tucked inwards, like he usually does, and went straight to give Tommi feedback. Love it.

wrc2017
13th May 2019, 11:08
He represents a manufacturer, who pay his salary.

He should have more sense.

He is getting shit on by the FIA.. who waited 2 days to apply a penalty to maximise the damaged to his overall position. Like they did in Argentina. A small fine of a caution would have been plenty.. on the ground of driver safety, especially when he was stuck in the control and the stage delayed by 8 mins. Still.. the promoter and FIA is more than happy to benefit from the exposure of Meeke almost setting the fastest time on the next stage with no windscreen.

Long rule Meeke... one of a kind.

Fast Eddie WRC
13th May 2019, 11:25
The rules are the rules but the punishment of a 1m time penalty doesnt fit the crime. A warning or fine would've been appropriate.

CWJ
13th May 2019, 11:33
"I said: 'No, we can't do the stage. We retire'." ... isn't that bullshit as well?

mknight
13th May 2019, 11:40
Very poor performance by Mikkelsen. He cannot hide anymore behind car setup / lack of confidence / driving style change / etc. All the drivers were in the same boat starting Friday morning. The fact that Loeb was in contention for 2nd place also shows how low Mikkelsen's level is.
Yes this rally was very poor from him.

You know how many drivers have had a poor rally (speedwise, not even talking about crashes) since start of the season? All except the top 3. Some like Loeb, Lappi and Suninen have had multiple. Yet for some reason Mikkelsen always gets a lot of focus. Might be because the difference between good and bad rally is often so huge with him.

While the first part of your post is perfectly correct the last sentence is either misspelled ("was on this rally" would be entirely true) or just an attempt at trolling.
Cause using the same argumentation you can say that Mikkelsen actually beat Ogier for 2nd in Argentina unlike Loeb here and he was also fighting for 2nd in Sweden and losing it while Loeb was last WRC at the same rally. Both of these arguments are retarded one sentence trolling.

Mirek
13th May 2019, 12:33
The rules are the rules but the punishment of a 1m time penalty doesnt fit the crime. A warning or fine would've been appropriate.

In theory they could have even excluded him and I think that had that happened to some unknown Chilean guy from the bottom of the field the punishment would not be only 1 minute penalty.

mknight
13th May 2019, 12:35
Well Prokop surely can tell about "appropriate" punishment when he got excluded in Argentina some years back.

PLuto
13th May 2019, 13:24
For me penalty for Meeke is ok, he was working on car under parc ferme rule. The biggest problem is that decision was made sooooo late. Together with fail with notional times (again copying results from first or second loop, despite they didnt do the stage) another good job of stewards.

dimviii
13th May 2019, 14:15
Yes this rally was very poor from him.

You know how many drivers have had a poor rally (speedwise, not even talking about crashes) since start of the season? All except the top 3. Some like Loeb, Lappi and Suninen have had multiple. Yet for some reason Mikkelsen always gets a lot of focus. Might be because the difference between good and bad rally is often so huge with him.

While the first part of your post is perfectly correct the last sentence is either misspelled ("was on this rally" would be entirely true) or just an attempt at trolling.
Cause using the same argumentation you can say that Mikkelsen actually beat Ogier for 2nd in Argentina unlike Loeb here and he was also fighting for 2nd in Sweden and losing it while Loeb was last WRC at the same rally. Both of these arguments are retarded one sentence trolling.

you are trying to find the worst result of other drivers,to show Mikkelsen ''ok''
He is not ok.

mknight
13th May 2019, 14:28
you are trying to find the worst result of other drivers,to show Mikkelsen ''ok''
He is not ok.

Either it's a valid argument and then it's valid vs everyone or it's just stupid. My take is the second part, as written in the post.

Fast Eddie WRC
13th May 2019, 14:29
It's probably the expectations that Mikkelsen gained with his last drive at VW and all his 'fighting back to WRC' social-media stuff in 2017. This meant we all thought he'd be on the pace once he got the factory drive.

Last season even the shared car combo of Sordo-Paddon outscored him, not just Neuville.

And this season he is still mostly struggling with the car despite all the experience he now has with it. And here Loeb totally embarrassed him.

Simply not good enough.

dimviii
13th May 2019, 14:33
Dedicated to EstWRC

https://www.facebook.com/paulfraikinchampions/videos/1205886722905467/?eid=ARDAzWRqhGW9B24D2LTd6MadNXjVJlQGzPGvD9LzPQPnZ VzFxgPF1y5GIWhrcqmva9tmiFKTmhpuwVou

https://www.facebook.com/paulfraikinchampions/videos/665406257244193/?eid=ARDAzWRqhGW9B24D2LTd6MadNXjVJlQGzPGvD9LzPQPnZ VzFxgPF1y5GIWhrcqmva9tmiFKTmhpuwVou

dimviii
13th May 2019, 14:35
Either it's a valid argument and then it's valid vs everyone or it's just stupid. My take is the second part, as written in the post.

So his performance is ok comparing to Loeb.

Norm75
13th May 2019, 14:36
All it cost him is 3 driver points (no change for manu) , which in his position are rather pointless anyway. Could have been much worse as he clearly broke the rules by working on the car in TC.

Other points:
- why don't they have ski goggles on car? This does hapen from time to time and at least for Sweden, sone crews do have them

- In quite a few european countries he would probably be stopped by Police for driving without windscreen on road section, here he wasn't.

"All it cost him is 3 driver points, which in his position are rather pointless anyway"

Are you serious? Next year it is probably one of either Meeke or Latvala out of Toyota. Those 3 points could potentially cost him a job next year. Fair reason to be pissed, I think.

mknight
13th May 2019, 14:46
So his performance is ok comparing to Loeb.

His performance is this rally is not ok comparing to Loeb. His performance this season is ok, comparing to both Loeb and Sordo.

Re-post manu points:
Hyundai
Mikkelsen 36 /5 = 7,2 points/rally
Loeb 27/4 = 6,75 points/rally
Sordo 20 /3 = 6,67 points/rally

And this season he is still mostly struggling with the car despite all the experience he now has with it. And here Loeb totally embarrassed him.

Simply not good enough.

This year he was the only driver bare the top 3 fighting on podium in every rally he started, and he was also never the slowest Hyundai.... both until Chile.

I agree that what he did on this rally is totally not good enough, but I find it strange that people that watch every rally here don't seem to remember more than results of the last rally.

dimviii
13th May 2019, 14:51
nice photo

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6ZisaiWsAEbUxx.jpg

dimviii
13th May 2019, 14:52
His performance is this rally is not ok comparing to Loeb. His performance this season is ok, comparing to both Loeb and Sordo.

Re-post manu points:
Hyundai

This year he was the only driver bare the top 3 fighting on podium in every rally he started, and he was also never the slowest Hyundai.... both until Chile.

I agree that what he did on this rally is totally not good enough, but I find it strange that people that watch every rally here don't seem to remember more than results of the last rally.

ok we understand ,he has been better from Loeb.

mknight
13th May 2019, 14:54
ok we understand ,he has been better from Loeb.

If you wish to keep posting retarded one-lines in response to arguments go on.

dimviii
13th May 2019, 15:19
If you wish to keep posting retarded one-lines in response to arguments go on.

Fredrik Gustavsson
‏ @F_Gustavsson

The most impressive performance this weekend goes to Le Maestro @SebastienLoeb and @DanosElena! 3rd place, first time on gravel in the i20WRC and only the 2nd rally on gravel since 2013!
The old guys still rocks ���������� @HMSGOfficial #WRC @Loeb_Seb1

EstWRC
13th May 2019, 15:33
Dedicated to EstWRC

https://www.facebook.com/paulfraikinchampions/videos/1205886722905467/?eid=ARDAzWRqhGW9B24D2LTd6MadNXjVJlQGzPGvD9LzPQPnZ VzFxgPF1y5GIWhrcqmva9tmiFKTmhpuwVou

https://www.facebook.com/paulfraikinchampions/videos/665406257244193/?eid=ARDAzWRqhGW9B24D2LTd6MadNXjVJlQGzPGvD9LzPQPnZ VzFxgPF1y5GIWhrcqmva9tmiFKTmhpuwVou

Thanks!

The first one is also Ott ?

Tarmop
13th May 2019, 15:34
Arguments...only his lawyer can give us those today. This thing is starting to be demagogy, not an argumented discussion.

dimviii
13th May 2019, 15:37
Thanks!

The first one is also Ott ?

according to uploader yes.

Morte66
13th May 2019, 17:38
For me penalty for Meeke is ok, he was working on car under parc ferme rule. The biggest problem is that decision was made sooooo late.

If he had received that decision the same day, he could have conserved his tyres on the final day for the power stage.

As for whether the penalty is high or low, I don't know I'm no expert.

To my noob eyes it is pretty weird that as part of the FIA's ongoing effort to improve safety, they penalized somebody for removing dangerous broken glass from a soon-to-be-moving car. I'm struggling with that.

er88
13th May 2019, 17:55
This year he was the only driver bare the top 3 fighting on podium in every rally he started, and he was also never the slowest Hyundai.... both until Chile

It's clutching a bit to say Mikkelsen was "fighting" for a podium in Monte. He was nowhere in terms of pace compared to the top 3 drivers and Meeke, and when he retired he was behind Loeb (who'd just finished a Dakar and driven the car for a day and half) and only 2secs ahead of Latvala. He was third for one stage after Meeke got two punctures and Tanak got a puncture, but lost it on the next stage.

Mirek
13th May 2019, 18:01
To my noob eyes it is pretty weird that as part of the FIA's ongoing effort to improve safety, they penalized somebody for removing dangerous broken glass from a soon-to-be-moving car. I'm struggling with that.

There are countless possible repair situations which can be rationalized by safety reasons (for example whatever related to brakes). The rules are clear, You don't work on the car in the time control. If you do you get punished no matter why. If you find it dangerous you can stop just after the stage start and repair it there. That's allowed.

The question is why the penalty came so late. That shall not happen (even though Meeke shall be well aware that he would get penalized).

denkimi
13th May 2019, 18:09
Normal penalty for working on the car in parc ferme areas is exclusion. So he should be thankfull that he is a factory driver so he got only got a one minute penalty.

dimviii
13th May 2019, 18:56
can somebody French speaking watch Loeb incar at last stage ,and write here what did they said?

4 beers from me.https://www.petrolheads.gr/images/smilies/smooth/drinks.gif

mknight
13th May 2019, 19:30
It's clutching a bit to say Mikkelsen was "fighting" for a podium in Monte. He was nowhere in terms of pace compared to the top 3 drivers and Meeke, and when he retired he was behind Loeb (who'd just finished a Dakar and driven the car for a day and half) and only 2secs ahead of Latvala. He was third for one stage after Meeke got two punctures and Tanak got a puncture, but lost it on the next stage.

(this discussion is not really important, cause it doesn't change the main point of Mikkelsen being on decent pace in all rallies except Chile so far this season, but since you actually like to talk about facts instead of posting random lines out of context I post it anyway)

Entering SS9 where he crashed he was 3rd, 7s ahead of Latvala. After he ripped off a wheel and drove about 100-200 meters like that he dropped to 4th 3s behind Loeb. Hard to say if he had dropped behind with the wheel on, but a few secs +- doesn't really matter for "fighting for podium". Btw. he had an extra moment where he bend the steering earlier in same stage. Note that at this point half of the competitive distance has been driven, so it's not like entering the podium in first two stages when differences are minimal. I don't think he would have held the podium until the finish, certainly not against Tanak on Sunday, but he was definitely "fighting" for it, by actually getting to it on Friday.

Comparing stagetimes in Monte is always a problem with so many different tire choices. On Thursday only Loeb and Mikkelsen had same tires and ended way back a few secs between each other. On Friday only Hyundais had "best" tireschoices (Loeb slightly different on second pass), in first loop this was due to the cancellation of the first stage.
The leg times are here: https://www.ewrc-results.com/leg/52398-rallye-automobile-de-monte-carlo-2019/?leg=2 , Mikkelsen is 3rd, 12s ahead of Loeb.

If you take out Tanak and Meeke timeloss from punctures as well as the damage on stage after for Meeke and give them stage wining times on those stages. (This is doubtfull since they both had worse timechoice than the winner of that stage -Loeb, in first pass in similar situation they lost 19 and 25s). Then their leg time is about 8s faster than Mikkelsen. His stage positions on Friday were 4-4-3-6-4. So while he was likely a bit slower than the 4 fastest saying he was "nowhere" near is also a bit of a stretch.

Tarmop
13th May 2019, 19:31
Again, you are leaving out many important bits...
1. Hyundai is a factory team in need for titles and Mikkelsen is its no. 2 driver? True?
2. Mikkelsen was an active full-time driver in WRC , in a WRC car from 2013-2016, Loeb ended his full-time career after 2012. True?
3. Mikkelsen did three events in a C3, 3 events in the I20, in 2017. True?
4. In addition to these 3 events in the i20, Mikkelsen also has a full season behind him now. True?
5. Loeb had three events in the C3, in 2018, podium contender and a winner, whereas he had no experience whatsoever with this generation before. True?
6. Sordo and Paddon did ~50% of the rounds in 2018, whereas Mikkelsen did the whole season. They were quite level in the standings in the end. True?
7. Loeb has done –2 events in this season, so far, Mikkelsen -1. Loeb is ahead of him by 3 points. True?
8. Loeb did a tough challenge called Dakar earlier this year, in a completely different region/timezone, flew back to Europe, immediately tested the i20 for a short distance and started with the recce and competition. Did quite well imho, finishing 4th and grabbing 2 SS wins on the way. True?
9. Sweden, Mikkelsen can call it his home event, doesn`t get closer than that, Loeb still in a new car, on a surface he last competed in 2013 with a completely different car - six years ago (meanwhile Mikkelsen had done all of them, one with the i20 also). Loeb wasn`t amazing, understandably. True?
10. Mexico-Mikkelsen was promising in the beginning.
11. Corsica- another new event in the car for Loeb and mistakes. Was expecting more, at his home event, yes. True?
12. Argentina-oh, i wish Mikkelsen had found a new going from there.
13. Chile- Mikkelsen completely lost, Loeb, doing his first gravel event with the car (tested it quite a while back also) improving from 8th place pace to Tänak`s pace, almost took Ogier in a honest fight. True?
14. See point 1.

A new team, maybe a fresh start "Meeke-style" would help him get to his >2017 form?

mknight
13th May 2019, 19:45
Again, you are leaving out the important bits...
1. Hyundai is a factory team in need for titles and Mikkelsen is its no. 2 driver? True?
2. Mikkelsen was an active full-time driver in WRC , in a WRC car from 2013-2016, Loeb ended his full-time career after 2012. True?
3. Mikkelsen did three events in a C3, 3 events in the I20, in 2017. True?
4. In addition to these 3 events in the i20, Mikkelsen also has a full season behin him now. True?
5. Loeb had three events in the C3, in 2018, podium contender and a winner, whereas he had no experience whatsoever with this generation before. True?
6. Sordo and Paddon did ~50% of the rounds in 2018, whereas Mikkelsen did the whole season. They were quite level in the standings in the end. True?
7. Loeb has done –2 events in this season, so far, Mikkelsen -1. Loeb is ahead of him by 3 points. True?
8. Loeb did a tough challenge called Dakar earlier this year, in a completely different region/timezone, flew back to Europe, immediately tested the i20 for a short distance and started with the recce and competition. Did quite well imho, finishing 4th and grabbing 2 SS wins on the way. True?
9. Sweden, Mikkelsen can call it his home event, doesn`t get closer than that, Loeb still in a new car, on a surface he last competed in 2013 with a completely different car - six years ago (meanwhile Mikkelsen had done all of them, one with the i20 also). Loeb wasn`t amazing, understandably. True?
10. Mexico-Mikkelsen was promising in the beginning.
11. Corsica- another new event in the car for Loeb and mistakes. Was expecting more, at his home event, yes. True?
12. Argentina-oh, i wish Mikkelsen had found a new going from there.
13. Chile- Mikkelsen completely lost, Loeb, doing his first gravel event with the car (tested it quite a while back also) improving from 8th place pace to Tänak`s pace, almost took Ogier in a honest fight. True?
14. See point 1.

1. Yes, they have him to give him manu points and steal points from rivals.
He is highest scoring (manu points/rally) driver of Loeb, Sordo, Meeke and Latvala so far this season. (hard to compare vs 2 car teams as they don't take points from each other.

2-5. are not questions.

6. Sordo technical issues in 2018: 0
Paddon technical issues in 2018: 0
Mikkelsen technical issues in 2018: 4 retirements from 3th (Monte), 4th (Port), 1st (Sard) and again 1st place (Turkey with 40s lead). + 1 tractor on stage

EDIT: Forgot Sardinia

7. Driver points yes, driver points for part-time drivers are relatively pointless. In manu points Mikkelsen has more per start.

8. See previous post

9.-13. are not questions just listing facts.

14. See point 1

--------

I don't see what's your point with the long list? That Mikkelsen is not doing his job as a driver for Hyundai? Clearly so far in 2018 he is (see point 1). But obviously since he is not number 2 behind Neuville on all rallies he can do better.

That Mikkelsen is not as good as Loeb ? Well off course he isn't, Loeb has 9 titles and came back and immediately showed he can still be fast (last year already). This year Loeb's record with Hyundai is clearly worse than with C3 though, and somehow close to Mikkelsen's. Joining the club of 2 other drivers (Sordo, Paddon) who also didn't show consistent results with it. Could Loeb be consistent if he kept driving all rallies? Probably yes, but we can't know for sure.

Tarmop
13th May 2019, 19:53
They were not meant to be questions, i don`t understand, why you take them like that... You like "facts", so i stated some. The point is, when it`s about Mikkelsen, you remember everything, what tires, whith which foot he rose from the bed first etc.. and compare/glorify his every result with his other teammates, with slower pace in the past/ less experience/less experience in the i20/away for a long time/ enjoying their food and drinks...and these mean nothing. For example, RMC, Mikkelsen vs Loeb. Not even once you have considered in your talks, that Loeb was doing Dakar, and immediately after that he had to be in a new (for him) i20. I, for instance, after a trip from another timezone, am lost for days, thinking about doing 2+ weeks full days in Dakar and then right after that a WRC week...no words.
Oh, and Paddon crashed out, 6/7. Sordo crashed out twice, so 5/7. Quite a bit of trouble for both, when talking about half a season. That gives Mikkelsen 3(2) and 4(3) better rallies compared to others, scoring almost the same or twice as less when summed. Now, if i would be going that style, i`d say they would have been definitely faster and wouldn`t have had those crashes, had they full-time drives. But that`s all would and wouldn`t.

It`s becoming more and more pointless/ demagogic so i`m out. I just don`t understand, what is the point of justifying an experienced driver, driving a car that is fighting for the WDC, "learning" for 1,5 seasons (3+13+5).

mknight
13th May 2019, 20:09
It`s becoming more and more pointless/ demagogic so i`m out. I just don`t understand, what is the point of justifying an experienced driver, driving a car that is fighting for the WDC, "learning" for 1,5 seasons (3+13+5).

Chile is first time Mikkelsen has not been competitive on gravel since Finland 2018 (and we all know how well Hyundai does in Finland). Yet you and some other people claim he is not competitive all the time which is clearly not the case. That is indeed becoming demagogic.

krissucool
13th May 2019, 20:40
Chile is first time Mikkelsen has not been competitive on gravel since Finland 2018 (and we all know how well Hyundai does in Finland). Yet you and some other people claim he is not competitive all the time which is clearly not the case. That is indeed becoming demagogic.

I love the fact that an experienced rally winning driver like Mikkelsen is, driving his 2nd year with the car, we get to say sentences like this is his 2nd rally after Finland where he is not competitive (not meaning for win or top 3, competitive against other WRC drivers).
AND this on top of him being an absolute snail on every tarmac rally so far with Hyundai. So he is not competitive with Hyundai in tarmac - ever. AND he finds 2-3 rallies a year where he is not competitive on gravel as well.

I feel sorry for the guy, he seems like good bloke. But overall he is just too poor to have any real shot at having a seat anywhere in the WRC next year.

Zeakiwi2
13th May 2019, 21:43
Mikkelsen is ahead of Lappi, Latvala and Suninen on the points table (with Mikkelsen at one less round). Are the later three also (depending on contracts) likely headed to lesser roles in 2020?

wia5958
13th May 2019, 21:45

Re-post manu points:
Hyundai

When they have done the same amount of rally's u could use that. The fact that Loeb is 9 points shy of him in his first season in the car with little testing or overall knowledge of the car speaks volumes in the difference of these 2 not to mention Loeb's age and frankly sordos 20/3 is impressive given his lack of seat time. Fact is mikkelsen is no better than rest of the field glimpses of speed here and there can't capitalize.

AnttiL
14th May 2019, 06:52
I also want to underline that Mikkelsen is not a completely worthless driver like many claim. He has had great pace in many rallies but been unlucky with technical failures and punctures, although he's made mistakes as well. But then again, there are rallies where he just hasn't had the pace at all. Can we accept that from a driver with his experience? Or maybe he just doesn't match with Hyundai at all?

And I would say the same about Latvala as well (except car matching part).

Gevin
14th May 2019, 08:06
I also want to underline that Mikkelsen is not a completely worthless driver like many claim. He has had great pace in many rallies but been unlucky with technical failures and punctures, although he's made mistakes as well. But then again, there are rallies where he just hasn't had the pace at all. Can we accept that from a driver with his experience? Or maybe he just doesn't match with Hyundai at all?

And I would say the same about Latvala as well (except car matching part).

Mikkselsen has seven years of experience in WRC. He was fast with VW Polo basicly on every rally. Now hes good only in Sweden, and maybe 1-2 events more. All he can say is that hes missing confidence. On Chile he lost almost half a minute on longer stages and second pass he didnt show any speed either(best result 5th on SS12). Mads and Kalle were almost same fast as him with WRC2 cars. For me he is the most overpaid driver ever. The only thing he does is holding good WRC seat(not long hopefully.), but should give that for some younger driver who can learn. Or let him drive in Ford/Citroen, maybe he can improve in other team an find a car what suits him better.

AnttiL
14th May 2019, 08:25
Now hes good only in Sweden, and maybe 1-2 events more.

I would say he's competitive in all technical gravel rallies (Mexico, Argentina, Portugal, Sardegna, Turkey), Wales, Australia and Monte

traxx
14th May 2019, 08:54
can somebody French speaking watch Loeb incar at last stage ,and write here what did they said?

4 beers from me.https://www.petrolheads.gr/images/smilies/smooth/drinks.gif

Loeb : this is a good stage that !
Elena : yes, yes, but not the time
Loeb : really ? What ?
Elena : 0 1 1 (then to the radio) stage cleared for Daniel
Elena : We will not be faster by 4 ?
Loeb : no, unless it's really polished
Then Loeb talk to the radio to the team in english

denkimi
14th May 2019, 09:19
Mikkselsen has seven years of experience in WRC. He was fast with VW Polo basicly on every rally.
That polo was completely dominant, yet Mikkelsen only won 3 rally's with it. Ogier won in that same period 31 rally's with the same car. Latavala won 9.
He was not fast with the polo. The polo was so fast it made him look fast too.

Mikkelsen has the same problem all the current scandiavian drivers have. They relied on money to buy experience to get good, instead of raw talent. That will get you close to the top, but when things go out of their comfort zone they lack the talent to adapt.

Look at ogier, look at loeb, look at tanak. They step into a new car with limited testing and they fight for the win immediately.
Look at latvala, mikkelsen, ostberg, lappi. They get into a new car and they are nowhere.

EstWRC
14th May 2019, 09:24
Man I’m dying in laugh https://www.facebook.com/35390480677/posts/10156404997280678?sfns=mo

skarderud
14th May 2019, 09:46
Jeezz, is this forum full of whining bitches?

Yes, Mikkelsen is not at his best, mostly because his car not suit him.
Get 2. in the citröen at tarmac in a jump in race.
Without talent? Hell yeah....

Money? Not since 2009.

He should swap team next season, but who exactly his he "taking seat" from?...

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

AnttiL
14th May 2019, 09:51

M-Sport and Toyota will have open positions for next year.

krissucool
14th May 2019, 10:58

Money? Not since 2009.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

Who would want him?

Fast Eddie WRC
14th May 2019, 11:24
Mikkelsen also blamed his poor pacenotes for his performance in Chile. Is this also acceptable from a pro-rally driver with his vast experience ?

He clearly has some talent but his professionalism and will-to-win seems questionable.

Allez Andruet
14th May 2019, 12:24

I have no knowledge regarding the first question, but what comes to Mikkelsen, he 1) obviously has enormous amount of talent (as does everyone at this level) and 2) Argentina aside, hasn't lately been able to achive the results to make sure he'd be a safe bet for a WRC seat also for next season.

As has been pointed out in this conversation, Mikkelsen's had bad luck in many rallies, but when a driver has had as many opportunities as him, eventually the fact of not having the results overwhelms all the possible root-causes behind that.

dimviii
14th May 2019, 15:48
have you ever seen a snail watching wrc?

https://twitter.com/RafaMSport/status/1128300329638952962

dimviii
14th May 2019, 15:54
Lappi sliding off after a mudbath
https://twitter.com/RallyingUK/status/1128286101322465286

EstWRC
14th May 2019, 20:59
Has N.O.T been banned ?

Franky
14th May 2019, 21:53
Has N.O.T been banned ?

Think he might be busy with life or not feeling grumpy enough to post.

EstWRC
15th May 2019, 06:36
haha https://streamable.com/70752

AL14
16th May 2019, 10:32
Who would want him?

I would take him

dimviii
16th May 2019, 16:50
Hyundai Motorsport team director Andrea Adamo admits he has been ‘amazed’ by Sébastien Loeb’s contribution to the team since he joined the Korean manufacturer at the start of the current WRC season.

https://twitter.com/OfficialWRC/status/1129028254877343744

Fast Eddie WRC
17th May 2019, 15:15
Autosport looks back at the MSport Ford World Rally Team’s journey through South America. From Argentina to Chile, it was a roller-coaster ride.

Video diary >>> https://www.instagram.com/tv/Bxj1m2clXQ0/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6xn9fhX4AA1pjl.jpg

dimviii
17th May 2019, 17:07
" Hello everyone,

finally back from a long trip to South America with this Rally Chile! And if on the way I got all my Red Bull stuff in the hold of the plane - thanks to Thierry Neuville for repairing me with a cap that gave me a bit of an American rapper look! (laughs) - on the way back, I was not robbed of the satisfaction of my duty!

We come back with a nice third place after having signed four best times and eleven times in the 'top 3' in sixteen specials. It was really good to be in the game and to fight for the first rally on the ground with the i20 WRC CUP, after just a day of testing a month ago and half!

I can not hide the fact that the confidence in the prospects of the race was not at its best after the first visit of the shakedown! I did not understand why we were taking so much, even though I was never a 'pro' in this exercise. Over the passages, it was better. In fact, I immediately felt comfortable with the car, it was just for me to pick up the pace after more than seven years without riding in these conditions ...

I feel so good in the car that we have not changed anything between Friday afternoon assistance and arrival! And again, we touched details during this assistance after a first loop where it was simply necessary to find our feelings with Danos.

When we know the situation, it was inevitable to lose ground at the start of the rally! We discovered the car on this surface, the others were all 'hot' from Argentina. And then, and most importantly, it's not anyone in front! They are the best drivers in the world, so do not forget. If Thierry, Seb and Ott are a tone above, the guys behind deserve their places also in WRC and if they did not have the level, they would not be there.

I know I'm waiting. That people are waiting for me. I am nine times World Champion but I can guarantee you that at every start it is still far from being won in advance to fight with the six-time World Champion today! In any case, with Danos, and despite our track record and our experience, we are very happy to have been able to 'play' with them this weekend.

And the satisfaction is double. Already, to be honest, it reassures me to see that I can still be in the know and I still know how to drive! And then, I assured my role of crew after the exit of Thierry and Nicolas. We score big points for Hyundai Motorsport and we have to remember that we are here for that. So, it's always a pleasure when you manage to complete a mission. We are in this team and we are happy to be able to help and thank them with this podium.

The following ? This should be decided in the coming days. It is clear that we took a lot of fun on the land with the car. On asphalt, we still have a lot of work to adapt to my driving. I will not fail to keep you informed of the next races. A word also to thank you for being more than 300 000 to follow me on Instagram!

Good weekend to all,

Seb. "
http://www.sebastienloeb.com/rallye-du-chili-cest-bon-detre-dans-le-match/

Tarmop
17th May 2019, 17:14
"The following ? This should be decided in the coming days. It is clear that we took a lot of fun on the land with the car. On asphalt, we still have a lot of work to adapt to my driving. I will not fail to keep you informed of the next races. "

He still has two scheduled starts this year, but after seeing that spark in his eyes last weekend (also in Adamo`s eyes :D), i bet local championships aren`t the only events he wants to do (more).

EstWRC
17th May 2019, 18:14
i demand him to do more.

so good to see him competing with the current guys.

please Hyundai do it.

dimviii
18th May 2019, 08:03
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6xXFWdXYAEClzh.jpg