PDA

View Full Version : [WRC] Tour de Corse 2019

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Rallyper
31st March 2019, 08:53
Well, Neuville loses 7 points for gaining 5 on PS? No, something´s wrong.

EstWRC
31st March 2019, 08:54
super job Evans!

stage of his life!

wwbroe
31st March 2019, 08:56
Impressive speed by Ellfyn

Rallyper
31st March 2019, 08:56
Evans, the man of the rally!!

KKS
31st March 2019, 08:57
fast open stage and Huyndai - sucks

BigWorm
Game set and match then, Evans deserves this!

stefanvv
Is that Hyundai sick?!?

EstWRC
power stage will be now very interesting, it decides who will go first on the road in argentina!!!

mknight
31st March 2019, 08:58
Very good job to Evans.

Fiesta very good on this stage though with Suninen 3rd.

Mintexmemory
31st March 2019, 09:00
In the words of Jack Nicholson -‘Jeez don’t I look a f***ing a**hole’
Fair play to TN. Let’s see who’s got the tyres left for tomorrow, long stage then PS, going to be v interesting.
Maybe not so much of an a**hole after all!!!

TypeR
I would say it's one of the best stages ever by Evans, impressssive time!!

KKS
Suninen cut 22.9sec from Sordo on this stage and difference for PowerStage - 18.8sec Another possible battle!?

jonkka
power stage will be now very interesting, it decides who will go first on the road in argentina!!!

Sure but Neuville likely can't outscore neither Tanak nor Ogier and former needs four points more than Ogier to get the honour - so all odds are that Ogier will be championship leader after Corsica.

Simmi
Great stage by Evans. I'm not buying the fact that Thierry doesn't know what the problem is though...

All quite strange.

tomhlord
31st March 2019, 09:01
It's not over yet, hope Evans has one more good stage and some tyres left. The overall gap is still not massive.

But, wow, 8.8 seconds clear of everyone else, on fire!

KKS
31st March 2019, 09:02
Lead change for WRC2 Andolfi down to 2nd.

tomhlord
Poor Rich Millener's heart!

mknight
Great stage by Evans. I'm not buying the fact that Thierry doesn't know what the problem is though...

All quite strange.

It looks quite clear that the main problem is the car. Hyundai has always struggled on fast stages, more so on tarmac fast stages. Surprisingly yesterday they had good speed in the two runs in the mid-stage but now all 3 are slow.

Rallyper
31st March 2019, 09:03
Well, happy faces at MSport. Well deserved!

dimviii
31st March 2019, 09:05
Ogier : 76 pts

Tanak : 73 pts

Neuville : 73 pts

KKS
31st March 2019, 09:05
Veiby - out. Parked at side of a road with 0kph

KKS
31st March 2019, 09:08
Ole Christian Veiby‏ @OCVeiby (https://twitter.com/OCVeiby) 3m3 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/OCVeiby/status/1112272970989342720)More

https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v2/72x72/26a0.png Sadly we are parked up road-side on SS13, with a broken rear left wheel..... #TourdeCorse (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TourdeCorse?src=hash) #WRC2 (https://twitter.com/hashtag/WRC2?src=hash) #WRC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/WRC?src=hash) #WrcLive (https://twitter.com/hashtag/WrcLive?src=hash)

dimviii

lets see if there is another steering case.

Rallyper

So he was not even on the stage. Not on splitlist.

Edit: Maybe retired before first split?

AnttiL
Lead change for WRC2 Andolfi down to 2nd.

And Gryazin to 1st!

dimviii
31st March 2019, 09:11
very strange the slowness of Sordo and Neuville.
Sordo commented that he had midstage brake problems,while he is slow at first split.
Neuville he didnt explain his slow time.
Probably Adamo ordered to finish?

krissucool
31st March 2019, 09:15
very strange the slowness of Sordo and Neuville.
Sordo commented that he had midstage brake problems,while he is slow at first split.
Neuville he didnt explain his slow time.
Probably Adamo ordered to finish?

Was leading the rally and Adamo ordered to finish? Yes, sure.

mknight
31st March 2019, 09:15
So he was not even on the stage. Not on splitlist.

Edit: Maybe retired before first split?

Yes he retired before first split but in the stage.

Tarmop
31st March 2019, 09:17
Adamo has demane wins for the past 3 events, now in this position to secure a podium...hard to believe, but maybe after Toyota`s bad event there is some logic in that.

dimviii
31st March 2019, 09:20
Was leading the rally and Adamo ordered to finish? Yes, sure.

so how you explain Neuvilles(leader of the rally) the 0,5sec/km from Evans?
Sordo 1 sec/km?

KKS
31st March 2019, 09:22
Radstorm taking so many time from Kristensson yesterday but today lost 15sec and droped from JWRC lead battle. Tannert doing well, cut another 2.3sec and lead of Kristensson down to 4sec.
Lead battles in WRC2 and JWRC going to last stage. Let's hope we can see 3 RC4 and 2 RC2 cars live.

dimviii
31st March 2019, 09:22
Adamo has demane wins for the past 3 events, now in this position to secure a podium...hard to believe, but maybe after Toyota`s bad event there is some logic in that.

there is logic.Take a look at manufacture points

Hyundai 77 + 18 + 12 = 107

Citroen 78 + 15 + 6 = 99
Toyota 83 + 8 + 4 = 95
M-Sport 48 + 25 + 10 = 83

KKS
31st March 2019, 09:23
Sordo 1 sec/km?
Nature of stage not narrow and twisty as Huyndai like and like near all rally so far. Loeb down on pace too

EstWRC
31st March 2019, 09:23
Sordo had brake problems and we know that Hyundai is completely shit on this fast stages. Loeb said it too friday.

Adamo wants only wins so i really doubt he said to Neuville that just bring the 2nd place home. He just cant push with this car on fast stages, well he can but the time goes away with slidng all the time

Norm75
31st March 2019, 09:24
He's saving tires so he can take points on PS at the expense of Tanak like usual this year.

Heard Julian say Kris eying the championship this year. While it's a team sport, it's also an individual championship. Early days in season, I'm sure when it comes to the point Kris has to start helping Ott in the power stage, he will.

dimviii
31st March 2019, 09:27
"We've done absolutely everything we can [at the helper]," Williams told Motorsport.com. "We have new brakes, new shocks, everything."

"To put it simply, the engine guy is not going to sleep tonight, the chassis guy is not going to sleep tonight, we're going to pull out all we can [to gain weight]. "

Evans assured that he would "give it all" to finish this rally where he already impressed in 2015, pocketing what was then his best result with a third place - on behalf of the same team and in dantesque conditions.
"We did not provide all these efforts to be second"

"I still do not understand how we lost all this time in the last stage," said the Welshman who has been co-driver since the start of the season, Scott Martin with whom he won a podium in the previous round in Mexico . "It did not seem too bad to me, I would have been surprised if we conceded five seconds."

And to add: "I like the specials of tomorrow, it looks like Ireland - it will suit me."

English team director Rich Millener said the 32-kilometer Zilia Waters Special, which will open Sunday, will be crucial.

"He [Evans] needs to take some time back from Thierry," he said. "Thierry knows that Elfyn was faster than him on this rally and he can do it again tomorrow."

"We have not done all that to finish second - we want him to win and we know he can do it."

https://fr.motorsport.com/wrc/news/msport-evans-gagne-dimanche-neuville/4361976/

dimviii
31st March 2019, 09:30
Nature of stage not narrow and twisty as Huyndai like and like near all rally so far. Loeb down on pace too

first day with the wide stages Neuville was 3rd 9,8 sec from leader after 121 stage kms....
gap at todays stage is huge and cant explained with logic.

GigiGalliNo1
31st March 2019, 09:31
What a weekend (at home) at the rally!

GigiGalliNo1
31st March 2019, 09:37
Question for the technical geeks here in the forums.

If Neuville had a service with no "set-up" change in the car, yet today compared to yesterday he's a bit off and the car is a tad wild, would new parts or replaced parts but keeping the same set-up effect his car? Could they not tune new parts to the way they were the day before?

I know Evans has new brakes today... Where Richard (Team Principle) noted that they've put in without Wilson "knowing" does that mean M-Sport don't give new parts all the time?

GigiGalliNo1
31st March 2019, 09:40

If Neuville had a service with no "set-up" change in the car, yet today compared to yesterday he's a bit off and the car is a tad wild, would new parts or replaced parts but keeping the same set-up effect his car? Could they not tune new parts to the way they were the day before?

I know Evans has new brakes today... Where Richard (Team Principle) stated on TV, that they've put in without Wilson "knowing" does that mean M-Sport, don't give new parts all the time during service?

SubaruNorway
31st March 2019, 09:45
Which privateers with WRC cars?

Tidemand, Bertelli, Tuohino, Gronholm and soon Greensmith this year. Also notice the "bring more" ;)

mknight
31st March 2019, 09:53
Heard Julian say Kris eying the championship this year. While it's a team sport, it's also an individual championship. Early days in season, I'm sure when it comes to the point Kris has to start helping Ott in the power stage, he will.

Well I pointed this apparent disagreement already in December when Meeke was signed and in the press release said that his main goal is to help Toyota win manu championship yet in an interview just a few days later he said something else. Now he talks about driver championship...

How "soon" you should start prioritizing drivers for points is a good question.

M-Sport did it already on 2nd rally last year and it did matter in the end. (2-3 more points to Neuville and he wouldn't need to push to try to finish ahead of Ogier in Australia). But some of M-Sport prioritizing looked slightly retarded and pointless (dropping Evans and Suninen two times in Finland so that Ogier drives 5th instead of 4th on the road for example). As a result Neuville was very vocal about this before start of this season and Hyundai also started prioritizing very early (Mikkelsen didn't push on PS in Sweden where he took points off Neuville the year before and was much faster on the first run this year)).

Toyota is clearly not prioritizing and it already cost them 2 points for Tanak, though only one of them (Mexico) made a difference relative to Ogier. I am not saying they should or should not, just stating what is happening.

dimviii
31st March 2019, 10:01
watch Meekes rim at 1,13min and how Suninen get away without puncture or bend suspension at 2,13 min
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TM3tWbff-w

Barreis
31st March 2019, 10:02
any live link for PS?

dimviii
31st March 2019, 10:07
any live link for PS?

if i find one i will sent you a pm

https://scontent.flgg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/56119578_2363098147068163_10833724291678208_o.jpg? _nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.flgg1-1.fna&oh=ff47e6b3494e96dff8f8fe0cfb14e3e7&oe=5D11944E

dimviii
31st March 2019, 10:08
hard core rally girl

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D25Y2D-X0AAJRfk.jpg

dimviii
31st March 2019, 10:15

yes they can change parts with same setup as previous sets.

I know Evans has new brakes today... Where Richard (Team Principle) stated on TV, that they've put in without Wilson "knowing" does that mean M-Sport, don't give new parts all the time during service?

all racings parts have a ''safe life'' of use.
Changing earlier parts,you dismiss this very small percentage that something can go wrong.even inside this safe period of use.

GigiGalliNo1
31st March 2019, 10:15
What does it say?!

mknight
31st March 2019, 10:18
watch Meekes rim at 1,13min and how Suninen get away without puncture or bend suspension at 2,13 min

Quite big moment from Suninen yes, that could have ended very badly for him, haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere.

Mirek
31st March 2019, 10:20
Tidemand, Bertelli, Tuohino, Gronholm and soon Greensmith this year. Also notice the "bring more" ;)

None of them starts regularly. Hardly very relevant for the mousse or no mousse decision. Also as somebody already pointed out mousse is not that expensive when compared to overall and other particular expenses.

er88
31st March 2019, 10:21
Tanak wasn't fast enough in Monte power stage then apparently had a slow puncture or something in Mexico (which explains another poor time?). Meeke hasn't exactly hampered Ott, you can say he's even helped a bit this year in Monte especially, and maybe Mexico too by taking pts from Neuville ×2 and Ogier once, just as much as you can say he's purely taking pts away from Ott. You can't sign someone like Meeke and expect him to drive at snails pace outside the top 5 in every power stage, that isnt realistic. Tanak has to take care of his own power stages (which he did in Sweden).

Meeke will play a team game later in the season I'm sure. After all, he'll want Tommi to take up that one year contract extension and supporting Tanak and Toyota is going to help with that. Jari hopefully will find some sort of speed and better results later in the season too, because strong and fast team mates can be more of a benefit to Tanak than a hindrance if managed correctly.

Mirek
31st March 2019, 10:22
Sordo 1 sec/km?

I don't believe for a second that Neuville would give up his first place willingly.

Fast Eddie WRC
31st March 2019, 10:23
Good job I was watching the first stage lying down (in bed) !

Just stunned by Evans performance, blowing Neuville and everyone else away. Incredible.

dimviii
31st March 2019, 10:25
None of them starts regularly. Hardly very relevant for the mousse or no mousse decision. Also as somebody already pointed out mousse is not that expensive when compared to overall and other particular expenses.

just for reference,mousse dont work every time,plenty of times,while they were installed at rim,when puncture didnt worked.
All these with the technology they had plenty years back
Another point is that mousse was distracting cars bahaviour due to wheel weight.
Some crews preffered to dont fit mousse wheels at some stages/occasions,and drive cleaner avoiding cuts,to benefit from a better response car.

mknight
31st March 2019, 10:31
You can't sign someone like Meeke and expect him to drive at snails pace outside the top 5 in every power stage, that isnt realistic. ..

Meeke will play a team game later in the season I'm sure. After all, he'll want Tommi to take up that one year contract extension and supporting Tanak and Toyota is going to help with that. Jari hopefully will find some sort of speed and better results later in the season too, because strong and fast team mates can be more of a benefit to Tanak than a hindrance if managed correctly.

As a manager you can ask for what you want, how drivers react is something else. (ref. McRae in Spain 1995). Meeke was certainly not in a position to dictate much with 1 year contract, specially before the start of the year (ref. press release).

What imo is happening is that now he (rightfully) feels his position is stronger due to Latvala's form relative to his own and starts to talk about driver champ more vocally.

Either case Makinen is not doing any team prioritizing just yet, whether it's good or bad decision is an open question without clear answer. If he did maybe Meeke/Latvala would loose motivation, atmosphere in team gets bad etc.... , if he doesn't maybe they will loose a championship due to that.

dimviii
31st March 2019, 10:33
I don't believe for a second that Neuville would give up his first place willingly.

i am almost sure that thats performance is under Adamo orders.
Neuville worst stage at Corsica was stage 4 where he lost 6,5 sec at 17,6 stage kms.This stage was the worst for all hyundais
take a look at Sordo and Loeb too
https://www.ewrc-results.com/results/54464-corsica-linea-tour-de-corse-2019/?s=218773

Sordo with brake problems midstage while he is slow at 1st split.
After midstage with the brake problem lost less than from stage start(strange brake problem)

and Neuvilles comment that car is good but it moves a lot.
How is it good when moves a lot?
Also if you take a look Hyundai with this result is leading manufacture points,and seems that this is the target at all costs.

KKS
31st March 2019, 10:33
Powerstage starting order #TourdeCorse (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TourdeCorse?src=hash) - Gryazin, Pieniazek, Latvala, Meeke, Loeb, Lappi, Tänak, Suninen, Sordo, Ogier, Neuville, Evans
Strange put WRC2 lead battles in opposite side of starting order.

EstWRC
31st March 2019, 10:36
this is now gonna be interesting...will the TOP3 wanting to take max points to start first in Argentina, or not?

Ogier usually doesnt care and always goes for 5 points but the Citroen isnt good here on those fast stages, and the power is very fast too, same for Neuville and Hyundai. Ott should be in a good position for this but i think Meeke will take the 5 points. Cant rule out Evans taking 5 too.

mknight
31st March 2019, 10:36

Me neither, Neuville is just 5s behind Ogier who was pushing and 7s behind Tanak. Furthermore Loeb is much slower and Sordo's brake problems could have cost him anything from 1 to 30 seconds.

mknight
31st March 2019, 10:38
this is now gonna be interesting...will the TOP3 wanting to take max points to start first in Argentina, or not?

Ogier usually doesnt care and always goes for 5 points but the Citroen isnt good here on those fast stages, and the power is very fast too, same for Neuville and Hyundai. Ott should be in a good position for this but i think Meeke will take the 5 points. Cant rule out Evans taking 5 too.

I'd say end of last season confirmed what MSport and Ogier said. It's always better to actually have the points than to potentially be able to score more points on next rally.

It's 5 gravel rallies next, so small point differences will change quickly.

EstWRC
31st March 2019, 10:39

+1000

TypeR
31st March 2019, 10:41
It's always better to have more points. yes, you have to open the road, but others still have to chase you..

PLuto
31st March 2019, 10:45

It is no surprise - for them any fight for win in WRC2 is not important...

EstWRC
31st March 2019, 10:49
very dusty part already at 2:20!

dupanton
31st March 2019, 10:49

Yes, not fair at all. Andolfi will have all splits...

Fast Eddie WRC
31st March 2019, 10:51
You could see from Neuville's reaction he was just beaten by Evans fair and square. He did his best like yesterday but couldnt match Evans today.

er88
31st March 2019, 10:52
Looks very, very bumpy. Wonder who will have the optimum set up

René
31st March 2019, 10:53

I agree that he wouldn't give up, but could he?

Fast Eddie WRC
31st March 2019, 11:03
Meeke should be a good watch !

denkimi
31st March 2019, 11:03
just for reference,mousse dont work every time,plenty of times,while they were installed at rim,when puncture didnt worked.
All these with the technology they had plenty years back
Another point is that mousse was distracting cars bahaviour due to wheel weight.
Some crews preffered to dont fit mousse wheels at some stages/occasions,and drive cleaner avoiding cuts,to benefit from a better response car.
Does anyone know how the mousse exactly works? I understand it gets activated when it gets hot, but does it get deactivated when it cools down?

dimviii
31st March 2019, 11:04
Does anyone know how the mousse exactly works? I understand it gets activated when it gets hot, but does it get deactivated when it cools down?

no it doesnt deactivated

Mintexmemory
31st March 2019, 11:05
No it's an irreversible polymeric reaction - the tyre is full of the sponge afterwards

Fast Eddie WRC
31st March 2019, 11:06
Neuville
For sure we are disappointed to lose that much time in SS13 on @ElfynEvans but we have to be fair, he did a stunning job out there and we couldn't resist. Obviously we lost a lot of time in the bumpy section. It's not over yet & we will count the points at the end of the rally. https://t.co/wdstcrwMu1

jonkka
31st March 2019, 11:06

If I remember correctly, it's activated when air pressure drops. Basically it was sort of solid foam donut which normal tyre pressure kept in check and once that was gone, it expanded to fill in and keep the rubber in shape.

stefanvv
31st March 2019, 11:07
The king of the powerstage

GigiGalliNo1
31st March 2019, 11:08
I wonder if Evans will push?

KKS
looks like Meeke overheated tyres till the end
Big understeer

Fast Eddie WRC
That time will take some beating.

er88
31st March 2019, 11:10
Big understeer at the end there, will have cost a little bit.

"Jari's not my target" lol

KKS
31st March 2019, 11:11
bad news for Sordo. Huyndai not going well even here. /Looking into a Loeb/
If I was Suninen - I'll try to push and get Dani

Fast Eddie WRC
31st March 2019, 11:13
Loeb nowhere on this rally after the sub for Mikkelsen.

mknight
31st March 2019, 11:15
Loeb nowhere on this rally after the sub for Mikkelsen.

Actually it was Sordo who got to drive here "instead of" Mikkelsen. Which was a good decision.

And they couldn't drop Loeb when he never drove full rally on dry tarmac with the car. On paper he was clearly the better choice.

Lead
31st March 2019, 11:15
Nothing to gain for Loeb here, but still.... the time isnt realy there.

denkimi
31st March 2019, 11:16
no it doesnt deactivated

No it's an irreversible polymeric reaction - the tyre is full of the sponge afterwards
Even when they don't have a flat tyre?

So if they get into service with intact tyres, cool them down and take the tyre of the rim, it will still activate?

er88
31st March 2019, 11:17
Tanak 4s down on Meeke at second split

TypeR
Meeke taking away Ott's points.. but okay, Meeke is driving for drivers championship..

Rallyper
Latvala happy now! Lappi 0,1 sec slower!

Fast Eddie WRC
31st March 2019, 11:19
Come on Teemu !

Fast Eddie WRC
31st March 2019, 11:25
Bravo Teemu Suninen - great rally ! :)

er88
31st March 2019, 11:25
Tanak looking good vs Ogier

jonkka
31st March 2019, 11:27
Presuming that Neuville isn't a threat, it seems likely that Tanak gets at least three points from PS. But in similar vein Ogier doesn't likely get any.

KKS
31st March 2019, 11:28
No chance for Neuville with that Huyndai to get Evans

EstWRC
31st March 2019, 11:29
it seems no pints for ogier

KKS
31st March 2019, 11:30
bad news for Sordo. Huyndai not going well even here. /Looking into a Loeb/
If I was Suninen - I'll try to push and get Dani
6.2sec if Suninen push... eh

er88
31st March 2019, 11:30
Good solid job from Sordo this weekend.

dimviii
31st March 2019, 11:31
Sordo more than 1 sec km....

Fast Eddie WRC
31st March 2019, 11:33
Podium for Ogier after all.

er88
31st March 2019, 11:34
Incredible stage time from Meeke it seems

Fast Eddie WRC
31st March 2019, 11:34
Come on Elfyn bring home the win !

KKS
31st March 2019, 11:36
Evans!!!!!!

er88
31st March 2019, 11:36
Evans wtf!!!!

EstWRC
31st March 2019, 11:37
Evans gave it away again,

tc10a
Evans 11.8 down on Neuville!

er88
Evans what are you doing ffs

stefanvv
o-ooo

Fast Eddie WRC
31st March 2019, 11:38
Oh fuck.

EstWRC
what a gift for Neuvilel and Ogier

jonkka
Does he have a problem or is it just driving / mistake?

Mintexmemory
Damn Elfyn 11 down at split 2

BigWorm
No, that's so unfair.

KKS
31st March 2019, 11:39
Fucking circus! ((((

er88
Evans has BOTTLED IT?!

KKS
FR puncture((( Poor Elfyn :(

T16
Misfire?

GigiGalliNo1
Evans slowed down?!!!!????

stefanvv
binned it

Sulland
31st March 2019, 11:40
Feel for Evans!

er88
It's gone :(

Neuville laughing

cali
Oh crap I was just to be happy for M-Sport.... Oh dear

denkimi
Flat front right

dimviii
front right puncture?

er88
Ogier laughing now too

Fast Eddie WRC
31st March 2019, 11:41
Puncture is so cruel there.

Allez Andruet
What the fuck just happened?

BigWorm
This is painful watch

KKS
31st March 2019, 11:42
At least - poduim

stefanvv
damn this

dupanton
I'm a Neuville fan, but Evans had deserved the win... A shame for him, Scott and M-Sport, they deserved more :(

EstWRC
i hate you EVans

er88
Ogier finishes 2nd. What a jammy git he is sometimes

cali
31st March 2019, 11:43
Oh it's just so cruel I'm even more disappointed when Tänak got puncture yesterday

EstWRC
Ogier second int he end with no pace at all the weeked

lucky bastard again

krissucool
Neuville and Ogier lucky again. Fuck. Shit.

KKS
They drive to poduim with only one rim? what a? stop and changeit!

PLuto
31st March 2019, 11:44
Andolfi used his advantage and beaten Gryazin in WRC2

KKS
31st March 2019, 11:44
Ogier second int he end with no pace at all the weeked

lucky bastard again
it never ending story :(

dimviii
31st March 2019, 11:45
what a rally....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2-7QtzW0AAXdsG.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2-7TpJX0AAT9R0.png

er88
Ogier can never moan about bad luck.

KKS
Andolfi used his advantage and beaten Gryazin in WRC2
"Some justice in a sport" © Some very ultra-hyper-lucky man

GigiGalliNo1
Absolutely devastated!!

Fast Eddie WRC
Sickening.

EstWRC
31st March 2019, 11:46
man now im even more angry about Tänaks puncure yedterday

TypeR
31st March 2019, 11:46
Neuville: ,,We deserved it as well..''
wtf, slow as snail the whole weekend and thanks to everybody bad luck you deserve it hahaa

COD
31st March 2019, 11:47
Cruel, but such is this sport.

Strange that no stage end interview from Evans. Just like they never came to stage finish

er88
31st March 2019, 11:48
Hyundai loving it in the manufacturers

BigWorm

mknight

Strange that no stage end interview from Evans. Just like they never came to stage finish

It's because last car drives directly to the podium area without interview.

COD
31st March 2019, 11:49
what a rally....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2-7QtzW0AAXdsG.png

Tanak gets a good startposition for the next one. He is still my no1 bet for the championship

COD
31st March 2019, 11:49
It's because last car drives directly to the podium area without interview.

Ok, thanks

jonkka
31st March 2019, 11:50
Hyundai loving it in the manufacturers

Citroen too, they never have a shot at the title but atm they are leading Toyota.

denkimi
31st March 2019, 11:50
wtf, slow as snail the whole weekend and thanks to everybody bad luck you deserve it hahaa
Slow as a snail and still being second only 11 seconds of the lead after the second to last stage.

er88
31st March 2019, 11:51
Tanak gets a good startposition for the next one. He is still my no1 bet for the championshipHow can you bet against Ogier after this? Even if he isn't the fastest or "best" driver, he'll have luck on his side. He's just wedded to the title :D

Rallyper
31st March 2019, 11:52
Top two had no punctures. That´s the difference. Go to Corsica. Have no punctures and you end up for sure top four...

dupanton
31st March 2019, 11:54
Top two had no punctures. That´s the difference. Go to Corsica. Have no punctures and you end up for sure top four...

Neither did Sordo, Loeb, Suninen and Lappi.

It's part of the sport, like said here before, most punctures are caused by hitting something. Evans also new where he got it so...

Rallyper
31st March 2019, 11:55
Tannert to overtake Kristensson in JWRC...

Edit: Tannert wins by small margin. Swedish drivers 2nd and 3rd.

Rallyper
31st March 2019, 11:56
Neither did Sordo, Loeb, Suninen and Lappi.

It's part of the sport, like said here before, most punctures are caused by hitting something. Evans also new where he got it so...

Agree. No puncture gurantee gives you top position...

GigiGalliNo1
31st March 2019, 11:58

Normally they expect the last driver to win that heads into the Powerstage...

denkimi
31st March 2019, 11:59
Have you noticed its almost always the same top two?

GigiGalliNo1
31st March 2019, 12:01
WRCLive have an interview with Evans now at Podium

jparker
31st March 2019, 12:02
Slow as snail is your brain.

KKS
Tannert to overtake Kristensson in JWRC...

Edit: Tannert wins by small margin. Swedish drivers 2nd and 3rd.
Oh some relief. Well deserved win for him!

EstWRC
Have you noticed its almost always the same top two?

what do you mran by that?

Neuville had a puncture in Mexico...Ogier too and in germany last year.

dimviii
31st March 2019, 12:08
Sun 13:39 - Evans reaction
"It's difficult to accept but okay, it happens. A similar thing maybe happened to Ott yesterday. It's the nature of the sport. I think it happened on a straight piece of road in the middle, a hole of piece or stone that had lifted. I felt it straightaway. Very unexpected. I tried to drive on it to see if we could minimise the time loss but it started to delaminate 6km before the end. At least we have the podium but it's not what I wanted."

what a Brexit..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2-_7ZSXcAEKn0T.jpg

krissucool
31st March 2019, 12:29
This is crap.

AnttiL
31st March 2019, 12:40
What a disappointment for Elfyn. What a dramatic rally.

Also, the fastest Tour de Corse ever with 102.7 km/h of average speed.

EstWRC
31st March 2019, 12:49
Tänak after the rally: "It was the rim again, we believed it that its solved now but it wasnt. I believe we will soon find a solution, its only on tarmac rallies, on gravel we dont have this problem. All together the Toyota package is very good, theres only these small things, but these small things can be very costly sometimes."

Norm75
31st March 2019, 13:04
Well I pointed this apparent disagreement already in December when Meeke was signed and in the press release said that his main goal is to help Toyota win manu championship yet in an interview just a few days later he said something else. Now he talks about driver championship...

How "soon" you should start prioritizing drivers for points is a good question.

M-Sport did it already on 2nd rally last year and it did matter in the end. (2-3 more points to Neuville and he wouldn't need to push to try to finish ahead of Ogier in Australia). But some of M-Sport prioritizing looked slightly retarded and pointless (dropping Evans and Suninen two times in Finland so that Ogier drives 5th instead of 4th on the road for example). As a result Neuville was very vocal about this before start of this season and Hyundai also started prioritizing very early (Mikkelsen didn't push on PS in Sweden where he took points off Neuville the year before and was much faster on the first run this year)).

Toyota is clearly not prioritizing and it already cost them 2 points for Tanak, though only one of them (Mexico) made a difference relative to Ogier. I am not saying they should or should not, just stating what is happening.

Been out . . What did I miss!

Every drivers aim is to be world champion.
Every manufacturer wants a world champion but I only see Toyota and Hyundai as manufacturers that covet the wmc.
You make good points, ford had Ogier and he was the best chance of a title from the get go. I can see why they would employ tactics from the start. It was probably written in Ogiers contract anyway.

Toyota, however. Meeke has always said he aims to help Toyota win the manufacturers crown. He might have said he wants to be world champ as well, who wouldn't, but every rally he has said he is aiming for manu points and power stage points. Damage limitation.
I think Kris has proved, on every shakedown, on every power stage, and most stages he's had a clean run with no punctures or driven in safe mode, that he can live with Tanaks pace in the Toyota.

It was said earlier in this thread that Tanak had made it known he didn't care too much about manufacturers points. I didn't hear what he said, but if that is the case It won't sit too well with bosses at Toyota.
Tommi seems to be a fan of Kris, having tried signing him years ago.if Kris keeps showing he can match Tanak for outright speed, and be more faithful to the manufacturers title, I don't see Kris being given orders to ceed to Tanak until he really has to.

Now, before you take that the wrong way, it doesn't mean I think Kris is a better bet than Ott, just how I see different teams may have different approach and mindset to championships.

cali
31st March 2019, 13:11
4 rallies done so far:

- Toyota fastest allround car
- Latvala is just shambles now incosistence is followed by no pace whatsoever
- M-Sport has some massive raw pace which is good for the whole championship
- Suninen despite his mistakes has some very nice pace
- Rovanperä has somehow taken few steps back which is a surprise
- Citroën has sacrificed tarmac pace
- Despite the lead Hyundai has some tensions (relieved for the moment) and pressure to succeed. More than others.

mknight
31st March 2019, 13:11
Indeed it doesn't look like Toyota is going to do much team orders. But that does have consequences when it comes to points.

About Meeke, there is a clear reason (besides his speed) why he has done so good in the 3 powerstages (and bad in the 4th), all 3 times he was far back in the standings and could save tires. Hard to win championship by being back in the standings....

Fast Eddie WRC
31st March 2019, 13:14
Sun 13:39 - Evans reaction
"It's difficult to accept but okay, it happens. A similar thing maybe happened to Ott yesterday. It's the nature of the sport. I think it happened on a straight piece of road in the middle, a hole of piece or stone that had lifted. I felt it straightaway. Very unexpected. I tried to drive on it to see if we could minimise the time loss but it started to delaminate 6km before the end. At least we have the podium but it's not what I wanted."

So no mistake. Man, that is so unlucky.

wrc2017
31st March 2019, 13:18
Indeed it doesn't look like Toyota is going to do much team orders. But that does have consequences when it comes to points.

About Meeke, there is a clear reason (besides his speed) why he has done so good in the 3 powerstages (and bad in the 4th), all 3 times he was far back in the standings and could save tires. Hard to win championship by being back in the standings....

maybe is just outright pace. but you'll never admit that.

Fast Eddie WRC
31st March 2019, 13:18
M-Sport:
This one is hard to take. @ElfynEvans and @scottmartinat were sensational this weekend, but a puncture on the final stage denies them a deserved victory. They take third place, but we remain immensely proud of them. https://t.co/KI5QFMkl4J

Fast Eddie WRC
31st March 2019, 13:19
Suninen:
We were third fastest on the Power Stage and gained three extra points. In the rally we scored a nice fifth place. That feels good after a clean driving during the weekend. My condolences to my team mate @ElfynEvans - you drove a perfect rally. https://t.co/z8DXD0eEU7

mknight
31st March 2019, 13:20
4 rallies done so far:

- Toyota fastest allround car
- Latvala is just shambles now incosistence is followed by no pace whatsoever
- Despite the lead Hyundai has some tensions (relieved for the moment) and pressure to succeed. More than others.

No comments on Loeb signing?

So far he only scored 12 manu points (from Monte) for the team. That has to be way below what was expected when he was signed.

wrc2017
31st March 2019, 13:21
Tänak after the rally: "It was the rim again, we believed it that its solved now but it wasnt. I believe we will soon find a solution, its only on tarmac rallies, on gravel we dont have this problem. All together the Toyota package is very good, theres only these small things, but these small things can be very costly sometimes."

also, while meeke admitted he hit something on a cut, there is a picture here of a stage marshall carrying meeke wheel away after the stage. it's clearly in 2 halfs, as if it split under impact.

cali
31st March 2019, 13:23
No comments on Loeb signing?

So far he only scored 12 manu points (from Monte) for the team. That has to be way below what was expected when he was signed.
What's there to comment? Hardly Mikkelsen should have done better even considering how this event went. Usual Mikkelsen scenario is that he is on pace for the whole first day, then looses suddenly pace on the next day and crashes or crashes on the third day or smth like this. Sordo and Paddon is the way to go for Hyundai if they are serious about both titles. Paddon had the second best scoring ration in Hyundai for 2018.

I actually hope that Toyota will pick Paddon for the next year as I can't see Latvala get his act together.

AnttiL
31st March 2019, 13:48

Result of Evans and Suninen having more test days and freedom to set up the car to their liking

One word: pressure

They seemed to have been testing on more traditionally Corsican roads whereas the rally ended up being more wide, and fast.

AnttiL
31st March 2019, 13:50
Usual Mikkelsen scenario is that he is on pace for the whole first day, then looses suddenly pace on the next day and crashes or crashes on the third day or smth like this.

Quite many technical faults from good position, not so many crashes (only Monte this year).

N.O.T
31st March 2019, 13:59
very disappointing... wanted evans to win, it would be good for everyone and the championship.

but rallying is a cruel sport...

potato dog leads the championship now !!!!

Ds3
31st March 2019, 14:03
very disappointing... wanted evans to win, it would be good for everyone and the championship.

but rallying is a cruel sport...

potato dog leads the championship now !!!!

+2

Fast Eddie WRC
31st March 2019, 14:11
Tanak:
I know how difficult it is to accept this kind of thing happening. This win should be yours @ElfynEvans, but we all know that this sport can be really cruel sometimes. Huge respect to you and the whole @MSportLtd, you were strong this weekend !

#TourdeCorse #WRC #Rallying https://t.co/ZVSjCn2iSL

Japé
31st March 2019, 14:13
In WRC history has there ever been another rim manufacturer who delivers faulty products for two season in row or has there even ever been rim issues before? At least can't remember any. Toyota could as well skip the rest of the tarmac rallies if this issue won't be solved. Maybe TGR should have something on a supplier agreement that supplier will pay the costs of lost wins and championships.

tommeke_B
31st March 2019, 14:24
Fantastic drive from Elfyn, gutted for him. Reminds me of Poland '16 with Tänak. Anyway good to see that the cars I expected to be slowest on tarmac turned out to be the quickest. :) Also very good rally from Suninen, very consistent overall, with fast stage-times today. Being 1m25s from the win after 350km SS is quite close, keeping in mind that he didn't do the event with a WRC car before.

Allez Andruet
31st March 2019, 14:28
Maybe TGR should have something on a supplier agreement that supplier will pay the costs of lost wins and championships.

Maybe such proposal wouldn't sound too attractive if you're a rim supplier... But sure there is work to be done at TGR. Mäkinen confirmed in a Finnish interview that they had stronger rims in Corsica than they had in Monte but that obviously didn't fix the issue.

mknight
31st March 2019, 14:44
What's there to comment? Hardly Mikkelsen should have done better even considering how this event went. Usual Mikkelsen scenario is that he is on pace for the whole first day, then looses suddenly pace on the next day and crashes or crashes on the third day or smth like this. Sordo and Paddon is the way to go for Hyundai if they are serious about both titles. Paddon had the second best scoring ration in Hyundai for 2018.

I actually hope that Toyota will pick Paddon for the next year as I can't see Latvala get his act together.

We are talking about Loeb, or actually we are not cause you talk about everyone else except Loeb.

The Loeb that was top 3 on just about all stages that he finished last year:
https://www.ewrc-results.com/entryinfo/44258-corsica-linea-tour-de-corse-2018/1736149/
compare that to this:
https://www.ewrc-results.com/entryinfo/54464-corsica-linea-tour-de-corse-2019/2121690/

I don't believe Loeb suddenly forgot how to drive.

Loeb was hired to get better results than Sordo or Mikkelsen (otherwise there was little point in hiring him). So far in 2/3 rallies he finished behind them.

--------
If you want to talk about other drivers then I wrote 4 pages back that it was good decision for Hyundai to use Sordo here instead of Mikkelsen... cause Loeb didn't perform. Mikkelsen would likely not have performed better than Sordo. He did finish 7th last year without crashing, Loeb 8th this year with 2 crashes (without them his pace puts him around Suninens position).

There is a certain patter at Hyundai:
Paddon struggles -> Mikkelsen is hired
Mikkelsen struggles -> Paddon is kicked and Loeb is hired
Loeb struggles -> ? (ran out of drivers to hire?)

3 out of 5 drivers that drove the car so far struggled on rallies where they did well just a year before. (Sordo struggled only on rallies where he never did well (FIN, GB). I'd say Hyundai should focus more on making the car/driver combinations work than on switching drivers.

EstWRC
31st March 2019, 15:08
Tanak:
I know how difficult it is to accept this kind of thing happening. This win should be yours @ElfynEvans, but we all know that this sport can be really cruel sometimes. Huge respect to you and the whole @MSportLtd, you were strong this weekend !

#TourdeCorse #WRC #Rallying https://t.co/ZVSjCn2iSL

he knows exactly how it feels

poland 2016 anyone?

gutted for Evans

denkimi
31st March 2019, 15:20
In WRC history has there ever been another rim manufacturer who delivers faulty products for two season in row or has there even ever been rim issues before? At least can't remember any. Toyota could as well skip the rest of the tarmac rallies if this issue won't be solved. Maybe TGR should have something on a supplier agreement that supplier will pay the costs of lost wins and championships.
Maybe toyota should stop asking for lighter an less strong rims than the other manufacturers.

As far as i know they all use oz racing rims. So if only toyota's fail that must mean they use a different, less strong spec than the others.
But i assume that using heavier rims would affect their performance.

USER47
31st March 2019, 15:29
Lets not put it all on the rims. Tanak and Meeke are always quite aggressive on the cuts, which might be also play a role.

Mirek
31st March 2019, 16:01
Lets not put it all on the rims. Tanak and Meeke are always quite aggressive on the cuts, which might be also play a role.

Is Neuville less aggressive? I don't think so. Let's remember how his suspension kept braking constantly through the last season from cutting...

Japé
31st March 2019, 16:17
Maybe toyota should stop asking for lighter an less strong rims than the other manufacturers.

As far as i know they all use oz racing rims. So if only toyota's fail that must mean they use a different, less strong spec than the others.
But i assume that using heavier rims would affect their performance.

WRC+ studio has had a lot of guests from different partners / companies in past rallies. For next Germany and Catalonia rallies they could invite person from OZ Racing to talk about WRC rims manufacturing, testing, differences between teams etc. It would be very interesting since it seems to be the decider of the titles.

Also Michelin's Arnaud Rémy is interviewed every morning and afternoon, but WRC crew has never dared to ask about anything related punctures.

Mirek
31st March 2019, 16:19
For next Germany and Catalonia rallies they could invite person from OZ Racing to talk about WRC rims manufacturing, testing, differences between teams etc. It would be very interesting since it seems to be the decider of the titles.

I'm sorry but unless they have some sort of very loosely written contract they can't say a shit about anything related to the particular manufacturers.

EstWRC
31st March 2019, 16:24
Is Neuville less aggressive? I don't think so. Let's remember how his suspension kept braking constantly through the last season from cutting...

+1

Plus Tänak in the M-sport days very rarely had punctures and he drove way more aggressively back then compared to now IMO.

dimviii
31st March 2019, 16:26
watch Neuville at 4,37 touching a kurb
https://youtu.be/X1QQrxuQZrQ

Mirek
31st March 2019, 16:28

No-one could say a thing if this resulted in a puncture...

dimviii
31st March 2019, 16:41
The Italian sports director of Hyundai Motorsport celebrates the success of Thierry Neuville very soberly.

Out of respect, no doubt, for their rivals who had lost everything in the final stage but also in all objectivity, Andrea Adamo did not boast, far from far, when taking stock, more than mathematically positive, of this Tour de Corse in Paris. The result of which his rider and his team take the lead of the two championships.

"We actually finished first in the standings, but we can not really say we won this rally," Andrea Adamo confessed after the finish. "We inherited the win following the setbacks of a competitor faster than us, we should have finished in second place, which would have been encouraging Thierry and Nicolas have made a great rally. for three days, but to really win you must be the fastest and that was not the case.Sure we take the 25 points with pleasure.It is positive, a big shot of moral boost. for the whole team, but we have to be realistic and honest with ourselves, and in terms of pure performance, we are not where we want to be. "

A fair speech and analysis that Thierry Neuville and Nicolas Gilsoul must appreciate. Hyundai does not expect to rest on these laurels at all. Obviously the Toyota and the Ford were generally faster on the asphalt. And we will have to try to correct that for Germany.

https://lessportsplus.dhnet.be/moteurs/wrc/andrea-adamo-hyundai-on-ne-peut-pas-vraiment-dire-qu-on-ait-gagne-5ca0c0199978e263332daec7?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

EstWRC
31st March 2019, 16:52

pppfff....how on earth he didnt get a puncture with this? incredible, very lucky

dimviii
31st March 2019, 16:59
GHrallyemotion video
https://youtu.be/BB8rLgLV6gQ

EstWRC
31st March 2019, 17:16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrljxHU82rY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXVfxCqo9bI

mknight
31st March 2019, 18:46
Evans puncture is at 3:28 of his onboard, looks like hole in the road and he started breaking right into it. Neuville drove in same spot more to the left, Ogier and seemingly Meeke more to the right (didn't watch others)

The spot where Tanak and Latvala got puncture is on the other picture on 1:35 of his onboard.

- Latvala cuts massively multiple times also on the corners before, could have gotten puncture on any of them
- Meeke didn't cut, nothing in notes either way
- Evans had "caution don't" and didn't cut
- Loeb and Sordo didn't cut (don't understand their notes)
- Lappi and Ogier are hard to say, audio is low and the car doesn't react over that spot
- Suninen prbly cut a bit but no big impact
(Neuville's onboard on that stage is not available)

seb_sh
31st March 2019, 18:49
Maybe such proposal wouldn't sound too attractive if you're a rim supplier... But sure there is work to be done at TGR. Mäkinen confirmed in a Finnish interview that they had stronger rims in Corsica than they had in Monte but that obviously didn't fix the issue.

Maybe they should just ask to have the same strength as others. If I remember correctly at the Monte they admitted they were pushing to have lighter rims and maybe they went too far.

dimviii
31st March 2019, 19:38
so all categories at Corsica changed leader at power stage.
Have it happened again?

mknight
31st March 2019, 19:52
WRC2 Pro didn't change :)

dimviii
31st March 2019, 19:57
WRC2 Pro didn't change :)

this couldnt change ,just 1 crew finished lol

AnttiL
31st March 2019, 20:00
Press conference https://www.fia.com/news/wrc-t-neuville-tough-weekend-lots-twists-turns-not-bad-one

dimviii
31st March 2019, 20:03
i am almost sure that thats performance is under Adamo orders.
Neuville worst stage at Corsica was stage 4 where he lost 6,5 sec at 17,6 stage kms.This stage was the worst for all hyundais
take a look at Sordo and Loeb too
https://www.ewrc-results.com/results/54464-corsica-linea-tour-de-corse-2019/?s=218773

Sordo with brake problems midstage while he is slow at 1st split.
After midstage with the brake problem lost less than from stage start(strange brake problem)

and Neuvilles comment that car is good but it moves a lot.
How is it good when moves a lot?
Also if you take a look Hyundai with this result is leading manufacture points,and seems that this is the target at all costs.

It was quite a big battle this weekend. What was the feeling when Thierry won?
AA:
Honestly, I was ready to accept the defeat. I’m very clear with myself, the team and the car performance. I couldn’t ask Thierry and Nicolas for miracles because they already exceeded the physical limits. I was pretty ready to accept the second place. It would have given us the lead in the Manufacturers’ FIA World Rally Championship. I’m happy but I’m realistic. Meeke’s puncture helped us to gain a place.

https://www.fia.com/news/wrc-t-neuville-tough-weekend-lots-twists-turns-not-bad-one

https://www.petrolheads.gr/images/smilies/oldforum/iconcool5lw.gif

mknight
31st March 2019, 20:58
"Q:
Andrea Adamo, yesterday you felt that Thierry was the one leading the rally and not the team. How do you feel now?
AA:
I cannot say that I’m not happy but without the punctures, we wouldn’t have won. We have to recognise that the team wasn’t at its best this weekend. I don’t think we won as Hyundai. Thierry won, Hyundai didn’t."
--------------
Sounds like it's aimed both on the car and Sordo +Loeb.

-----------
Q:
How confident are you moving forward to Argentina?
AA:
I’m realistic: we have to be more competitive. We have two crews well-placed in the starting order. I hope we won’t have any crashes in Argentina. We lost an opportunity in Mexico. We have to focus on being more competitive.
--------
This is clearly aimed at both Mikkelsen (Mexico) but also Loeb here.

Fun chap to work with I guess ;)

EstWRC
31st March 2019, 21:01
https://scontent.fhen1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/55887666_2135875066492384_4044790596378820608_o.jp g?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fhen1-1.fna&oh=df132433e3e2e5d95aaffa4ac4188cf0&oe=5D4E8F20

EstWRC
1st April 2019, 05:45
look how Neuville takes that corner at 1:45, compared to Ogier in the beginning of the video, Tänak at 2:25 and Evans at 2:55. Amazing late braking by Ciamin at 3:05, i was sure he was going straight

Jarek Z
1st April 2019, 09:51
look how Neuville takes that corner at 1:45, compared to Ogier in the beginning of the video, Tänak at 2:25 and Evans at 2:55.

Huge differences indeed! Good video, thanks for posting!

Fast Eddie WRC
1st April 2019, 10:24
Pity with Meeke, Latvala & Tanak all changing wheels due to punctures we couidnt get to see the way the wheels were damaged...

And Evans puncture was so strange damaging the tyre just going over a bit of rough road. I have driven over some awful roads at speed over many years and never once got a wheel or tyre damaged.

AnttiL
1st April 2019, 10:38
I have driven over some awful roads at speed over many years and never once got a wheel or tyre damaged.

With stiff WRC suspension, at 150 km/h?

Fast Eddie WRC
1st April 2019, 10:56
With stiff WRC suspension, at 150 km/h?

Cant give the speed here, but on Apex or Eibach suspension and 18" alloys with 225/40 or 215/35 ultra low-profile tyres.

Hitting potholes and sunken grids are a regular occurance and the jolts and sound can be horrendous. But never had any damage or punctures.

Mirek
1st April 2019, 11:11
Cant give the speed here, but on Apex or Eibach suspension and 18" alloys with 225/40 or 215/35 ultra low-profile tyres.

Hitting potholes and sunken grids are a regular occurance and the jolts and sound can be horrendous. But never had any damage or punctures.

Years a go I broke a rim over a hole in the road even with 205/55 R16 at 80 km/h...

Anyway it's incomparable because the forces affecting the tyre at the moment of impact (especially lateral ones) are of completely different magnitude and the suspension keeping the wheel in contact with the surface is of a different world.

Fast Eddie WRC
1st April 2019, 11:50
Is a rally tarmac tyre construction much different to a road car tyre of the same size and profile ? The sidewalls I guess are very stiff ?

dimviii
1st April 2019, 12:21
Is a rally tarmac tyre construction much different to a road car tyre of the same size and profile ? The sidewalls I guess are very stiff ?
totally different,much stiffer sidewalls

dimviii
1st April 2019, 13:07
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3D4VEzWkAAIID1.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/pg/timoanisphotography/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2129744880438736&__tn__=-U-R

mmm
1st April 2019, 13:12

Tarmac tires are like made from stone compared to normal tires. I've seen tire machines braking when trying to put it on a rim. So cant really compare with normal tires.

AnttiL
1st April 2019, 13:18
You can't just compare your road car experiences to WRC machines. Not even hobbyist rally car experiences are comparable. The speeds and forces are just on another level.

dimviii
1st April 2019, 14:10
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3ElE5zXgAEoMWw.jpg

T16
1st April 2019, 14:41
Pity with Meeke, Latvala & Tanak all changing wheels due to punctures we couidnt get to see the way the wheels were damaged...

And Evans puncture was so strange damaging the tyre just going over a bit of rough road. I have driven over some awful roads at speed over many years and never once got a wheel or tyre damaged.

Eddie, have you even sat in a WRC car passenger seat and felt the sheer forces one of these things puts out in every direction?
There’s literally no comparison to a road car.
And didn’t Evans say it was a stone anyway?

AnttiL
1st April 2019, 14:42

a pothole

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2_-BO5XQAALKrs.jpg

T16
1st April 2019, 14:46
a pothole

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2_-BO5XQAALKrs.jpg

Yeah/.. seems that way, I was referring to what he said originally before the video told the truth. Cheers.

PLuto
1st April 2019, 15:50
Problem is that new WRC cars are so "brutal" and destroying the road very quickly. I have been there in 2017 and I was surprised, how the road can be destroyed after few WRC cars...

dimviii
1st April 2019, 18:58
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3FJ04rWsAIILGD.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3FJ4HlX4AEY1-q.png

spiderem
1st April 2019, 19:30
i don't think anyone would have predicted no stage wins for Ogier and/or Citroen for the rally. Would be interesting to see last time Ogier didn't get a stage win on a tarmac rally.

BigWorm
1st April 2019, 20:49
i don't think anyone would have predicted no stage wins for Ogier and/or Citroen for the rally. Would be interesting to see last time Ogier didn't get a stage win on a tarmac rally.

Probably back when he was in an S2000 Fabia!

Morte66
1st April 2019, 21:14
Has there been any definite news on why Camilli caught fire?

dimviii
1st April 2019, 21:23
on French forum they said that the fire started from back side of car.

mknight
1st April 2019, 21:42
look how Neuville takes that corner at 1:45, compared to Ogier in the beginning of the video, Tänak at 2:25 and Evans at 2:55. Amazing late braking by Ciamin at 3:05, i was sure he was going straight

Perfectly shows how Toyota an Fiesta were on different level this weekend. Also shows the Citroen struggles.

For Neuville this is the way he has been driving on tarmac for last 1,5 years at least. There were good vids from Spain showing the same thing.
1. Throws car into corner, often with handbrake
2. Slides trough

How can that style get top 3 times is partly a mystery to me, maybe he just gains the time in other types of corners? (shorter or tighter) Might explain why sometimes he is in the top and then on next stage he can be way down again.

Sordo drives like a FWD car and does ok times most of the time (4-6th). Mikkelsen (last year) and Loeb (now) tried to drive like normal wrc car (same style as Tanak, Evans and Ogier here, trying to drive "on rails") and end up with horrible stagetimes.

denkimi
1st April 2019, 22:38
For Neuville this is the way he has been driving on tarmac for last 1,5 years at least. There were good vids from Spain showing the same thing.
2. Slides trough

How can that style get top 3 times is partly a mystery to me, maybe he just gains the time in other types of corners? (shorter or tighter) Might explain why sometimes he is in the top and then on next stage he can be way down again.

i can see how driving like that can give good times, but i fail to understand how he doesn't destroy his tyres with it.

Fast Eddie WRC
2nd April 2019, 10:28
Eddie, have you even sat in a WRC car passenger seat and felt the sheer forces one of these things puts out in every direction?
There’s literally no comparison to a road car.

T16 stating the obvious again. Of course theres a big difference between a rally car to a road car.

But both having a low-profile tyre hitting a pothole in a straight line is comparable. That's why I was interested in the explanation.

T16
2nd April 2019, 11:55
[QUOTE=Fast Eddie WRC;1213802]T16 stating the obvious again - cheers, i thought you said I was full of shit... good to see you have seen the light.

But both having a low-profile tyre hitting a pothole in a straight line is comparable - Like I said, the forces inside a WRC car (especially braking) are beyond most people's comprehension, unless they have experienced it from within a car, no matter what car you drive on the road.

br21
2nd April 2019, 16:48
https://wrc.net.pl/app/uploads/2019/04/FRA-2019-weight-final.pdf

report of weight check during Corsica, interesting reading...

dimviii
2nd April 2019, 18:48
Citroen boss Pierre Budar said: "The road for the test was not as wide and smooth as we had during the first section of the rally.

"We miss a bit of this kind of road in the test and this is part of the explanation."

"We couldn't fix the problem once we were in the rally because we have defined the set-up and we have some dampers according to this set-up.

"When you go to scrutineering before the event, they seal the dampers and we have five sets - including different [specification] dampers for Seb and Esapekka.

"If we had been running three cars, then we would have had seven sets of dampers and maybe this could have [given us more choice]."

Lappi's concern was the lack of speed from the Citroen when it arrived at roads similar to those tested on.

"The biggest difficulty has been missing the grip on the front," he said.

"We have understeer all the time.

"We changed a lot of things, but we can't get rid of the understeer with the options we have available on the event.

"We went backwards [from last year] and I don't know how.

"Friday was a problem with the road but on Saturday it was similar to the test [road] and still we couldn't find the speed."

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/142530/ogier-corsica-real-life-test-in-corisca-struggles

Mk2 RS2000
2nd April 2019, 20:36
2. Slides trough

Sordo drives like a FWD car and does ok times most of the time (4-6th). Mikkelsen (last year) and Loeb (now) tried to drive like normal wrc car (same style as Tanak, Evans and Ogier here, trying to drive "on rails") and end up with horrible stagetimes.

Therein lie the basic problem with the Hyundai. The design that make the best use of Neuville's style works well on tight roads but does not work on fast open corners which is why it suffers on faster stages. Hyundai tried to change Paddon's style of driving to suit the car but all it did was reduce confidence. When they finally agreed to his requests for a different front differential it became easier for he and the other drivers to drive as was shown by their results during the last half of last season but these changes did not go far enough as in my opinion there still a suspension issue to be rectified

denkimi
2nd April 2019, 21:45
Therein lie the basic problem with the Hyundai. The design that make the best use of Neuville's style works well on tight roads but does not work on fast open corners which is why it suffers on faster stages. Hyundai tried to change Paddon's style of driving to suit the car but all it did was reduce confidence. When they finally agreed to his requests for a different front differential it became easier for he and the other drivers to drive as was shown by their results during the last half of last season but these changes did not go far enough as in my opinion there still a suspension issue to be rectified
i don't remember him driving like that in the past. i always thought he had the same style like ogier and loeb, since he learned it the same way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbL-OWc6ZVk

mknight
2nd April 2019, 22:08
i don't remember him driving like that in the past. i always thought he had the same style like ogier and loeb, since he learned it the same way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbL-OWc6ZVk

Well that's what Mikkelsen said when they drove together in Monza 2017, that Neuville used to drive with same style on tarmac like him before (ref. your Fiesta vid), but nowadays drives with that "throw the car in and slide around".

The way it looks like now though is that they keep fine-tuning the setup but the basic principle of the car makes only this style somewhat work (but still Neuville isn't the fastest, this year he was basically 4th fastest (Evans, Tanak, Meeke) and that's even without Citroen in the mix).

The question is if the car can ever be fastest without big changes and if the big changes are not coming does that mean all other drivers have to try to adapt to this style?
Mikkelsen claims he is now trying, but we haven't seen him on tarmac this year (Monte doesn't really count with snow tires and dirty tarmac). I doubt it will work much for him though.
After seeing Loeb on tarmac will they try to make him change his style or be satisfied with signing a (probably expensive) 9 times champion which just won a tarmac rally and have him fight for 5-7th place on his best surface?

Under Nandan last year it looked they choose to ignore the problem cause Neuville and Sordo were somewhat competitive (4th-6th place in speed but often ending on podium due to others crashing/getting punctures), wonder if this approach will continue or not. As I wrote multiple times last year "ignoring" the tarmac issues as well as the issues in Finland makes it much harder for them to win any title.

EstWRC
3rd April 2019, 06:54
Riviera best of rally https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht4L6QFJKmQ
Best of Evans https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY-jKhXzjwY
Best of Neuville https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMcKOcijsJA

dimviii
3rd April 2019, 09:49
lol

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3NuSocWsAAR2Kr.jpg

T16
3rd April 2019, 13:42
lol

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3NuSocWsAAR2Kr.jpg

Which bit you laughing at Dimviii?

tommeke_B
3rd April 2019, 13:56
"Hyundai's Neuville punctures Evans's WRC win dream in Corsica"

dimviii
3rd April 2019, 19:01
Which bit you laughing at Dimviii?

from what Tom wrote,as from the headline.

Did you know the reason of retirement for Bonato?

"Without a doubt the most beautiful asphalt rally in the world, the Tour de Corse is also a formidable event and hard to beat. However, we were well prepared with Benjamin, CHL Sport Auto, Citroen Racing and Michelin. It is therefore with the full of confidence that we presented ourselves at the beginning.

From the first stages, we started on a big pace, attacking the maximum. I was really comfortable with the C3 R5 and we could fully let go! In the evening, we enter the second place of the WRC2 and the tenth place overall after signing all of our times in the top 4 of the WRC2. On the team's turn to realize its performance at the last assistance by replacing the collector in record time.

The next day, the idea was to roll on the same pace to maintain pressure on the leader and we all knew that there would be multiple twists on this very long stage. But at no time did we expect to run out of fuel in the middle of a special stage ... It took us some time to believe it. Today, we do not yet know the reason and we will analyze everything so that it does not happen again.

We have not been rewarded for our attack on this race but we have to accept it. We had a good opportunity to take the lead in the World Championship, something that does not happen often in a career. It will soon have to move on, retaining the level of performance shown this weekend against the drivers and factory cars. And think about our next term, the Lyon Charbo in the French Championship. "

http://os50.mj.am/nl/os50/lynhs.html?m=AL8AADVDVS0AAcYpAu4AAAAAAAEAAAAAAAEAH d44AASUHgBco38GQmhZh7rHSFGsRlxPFdni7gAEYqg&b=c82ee6c6&e=bab56bf5&x=B4WeozrlCzGVEcuV7k3yDVGfR01uEnFLuXKOX-kTQwhvmU5sSwbNLpcDw-q35VGi

wrc2017
3rd April 2019, 21:53
https://wrc.net.pl/app/uploads/2019/04/FRA-2019-weight-final.pdf

report of weight check during Corsica, interesting reading...

Meeke and Marshall heaviest crew... almost 30kg heavier than Daniel Sordo and Del Barrio... I think a wheel and tyre is 20kg or so??!! That's bound to have an effect on performance?

Didn't think that.. but Marshall is a big frame and Meeke is average height... neither are carrying excess weight I'd say.

the sniper
3rd April 2019, 22:01
IIRC Seb Marshall is quite tall, but he's very slim. I don't think Meeke is particularly short though himself. I'm surprised there's that much difference though!

dimviii
3rd April 2019, 22:16
https://www.ewrc.cz/images/2019/photos/corsica_linea_tour_de_corse_2019/sno_058.jpg
https://www.ewrc.cz/images/2019/photos/corsica_linea_tour_de_corse_2019/sno_091.jpg

https://www.ewrc.cz/foto/54464-corsica-linea-tour-de-corse-2019/200/

wrc2017
3rd April 2019, 22:17
not action shots... driver have headsets on.

dimviii
3rd April 2019, 22:20
not action shots... driver have headsets on.

but nice landscape

here some with more action

https://www.ewrc.cz/images/2019/photos/corsica_linea_tour_de_corse_2019/bog_014.jpg
https://www.ewrc.cz/images/2019/photos/corsica_linea_tour_de_corse_2019/bog_021.jpg
https://www.ewrc.cz/images/2019/photos/corsica_linea_tour_de_corse_2019/bog_81666.jpg

https://www.ewrc.cz/foto/54464-corsica-linea-tour-de-corse-2019/305/

wrc2017
3rd April 2019, 22:32
👍..

br21
4th April 2019, 07:45
Did you know the reason of retirement for Bonato?

yeah, they were thinking that it was mistake by Total refueling crew, who refueled less than they asked for. Stewards Decision #5 from Corsica is about it, with some more details.

Tarmop
4th April 2019, 20:28
Officially confirmed by Tänak, that it was still the rim that caused the Toyota issues, not the tyre...that should conclude the discussion about more expensive runflats.