PDA

View Full Version : WRC2 Pro & WRC2 2019

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

SubaruNorway
3rd November 2019, 15:47
Nobody was impressive, looked more like playing with a piece of soap in the shower than rallying... https://www.facebook.com/remy.lobet/videos/2341311812644752/UzpfSTY4MjYyNzI5OTcyOjEwMTU3OTMyNDgxNDQ0OTcz/

Jarek Z
3rd November 2019, 18:15
Loubet is driving the rallye du condroz this weekend. I have to say i'm not exactly impressed by his times.

Loubet finished Condroz in the 15th position, nearly 10 minutes behind the winner. Not very impressive.
But in WRC2 he was simply better than all the others, so the only thing we can do is to congratulate him.

pantealex
3rd November 2019, 18:24
Loubet finished Condroz in the 15th position, nearly 10 minutes behind the winner. Not very impressive.
But in WRC2 he was simply better than all the others, so the only thing we can do is to congratulate him.

He lost over 8min in one stage but still not very impressive.

But he has been very impressive this year.

denkimi
3rd November 2019, 19:06
The thing is that the level in belgium is very high. Perhaps the highest of all national championships in europe.

It is a great way to judge the level of drivers. And based on what i've seen this weekend he is not going to make it on the top level. He is neither fast nor reliable enough.

Jarek Z
3rd November 2019, 19:56
The thing is that the level in belgium is very high. Perhaps the highest of all national championships in europe.

The results of Belgian drivers in WRC2 say something different (?)
https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc-2/results/championship/drivers/page/537-256---.html

Loubet was quite ruthless to them:

1. LOUBET - 91 pts
23. DE MEVIUS - 23
35. BEDORET - 8
44. MUNSTER - 4

WRC1
3rd November 2019, 20:28

It is a great way to judge the level of drivers. And based on what i've seen this weekend he is not going to make it on the top level. He is neither fast nor reliable enough.

the level of Belgien Drivers IN RALLYES IN BELGIUM is very high, yes....but abroad (exception: neuville) it is not that spectacular...

RS
3rd November 2019, 22:45
The Belgian roads are quite specific are they not?

In Catalunya, Loubet was quicker than Rovanpera on day one. Same car, same tyres.

Got Mail
4th November 2019, 08:38
Loubet also the only one with two wins. No retirements either. Deserved title I say.

Yes - deserved title. He made very few mistakes this year.

However, he has much, much more experience of these rallies than either Kayto and Gryazin, who were doing most of these WRC events for the first time.

Put Loubet into a new event, like Condroz this weekend, and he is nowhere near the pace.

I think if Kayto or Gryazin would have been at Condroz they would have been challenging for the win.

denkimi
4th November 2019, 11:03
The results of Belgian drivers in WRC2 say something different (?)

Loubet was quite ruthless to them:

1. LOUBET - 91 pts
23. DE MEVIUS - 23
35. BEDORET - 8
44. MUNSTER - 4
A
Unfortunately all those are kids with rich fathers instead of big talents.
Bedoret seems to be the most promising, but even he is never going to make it on international level.

I remember ogier, Breen, meeke, Lefebvre, abbring, neuville. They where all impressive in the condroz, even when they failed to finish. Loubet was nowhere near impressive.
And although that in itself might seen to mean nothing, its usually a very clear sign.

I hope i'm wrong and loubet will actually turn out to be a big talent, but i highly doubt it.

dimviii
4th November 2019, 13:28
I think if Kayto or Gryazin would have been at Condroz they would have been challenging for the win.

i doubt mate.They will be +- as Loubet.

Fast Eddie WRC
4th November 2019, 15:34
Hyundai team director Andrea Adamo is investigating running a Hyundai WRC 2 team in 2020, but said he would only do that if it could be done in the correct manner as an official team.

“I would really like to do it,” he said. “I put an internal budget together, I want to do it in the proper way. For sure, I will need small support from customers because I don’t have the total budget, but I want to do it right. It would have to be the flagship of the R5 car,” he explained.

https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc-2/news/2019/october-2019/hyundai-wrc-2-bid/page/6805--51-51-.html

denkimi
4th November 2019, 15:44
Hyundai team director Andrea Adamo is investigating running a Hyundai WRC 2 team in 2020, but said he would only do that if it could be done in the correct manner as an official team.

“I would really like to do it,” he said. “I put an internal budget together, I want to do it in the proper way. For sure, I will need small support from customers because I don’t have the total budget, but I want to do it right. It would have to be the flagship of the R5 car,” he explained.

https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc-2/news/2019/october-2019/hyundai-wrc-2-bid/page/6805--51-51-.html
So basically they are going to rent out cars themself like m-sport.

Oops!
4th November 2019, 15:53

They are already doing that in a way in some national rally championships and other championships.

dimviii
4th November 2019, 16:10

guys these words to me sounds like == MM sport will run the wrc2 official hyundai r5 team.
i think that 99% we find the answer about why Tanak left Toyota.

Mirek
4th November 2019, 16:32
There was an interview with Hortek and Kopecký on Czech TV which I missed but a friend told me that they didn't rule out to continue next year in WRC2. They said they would publish the plans in December (for me that means we continue said in Škoda language). Hortek only said they don't have any plans related to the development of WRC and R2 cars. Kopecký said he was seeking for a new co-driver and didn't want to end yet.

I really hope we have proper teams from Škoda, Hyundai, M-Sport and Citroën with R5 cars next year.

EstWRC
4th November 2019, 16:37
guys these words to me sounds like == MM sport will run the wrc2 official hyundai r5 team.
i think that 99% we find the answer about why Tanak left Toyota.

99% the reason was r5 project?

dimviii
4th November 2019, 16:48
99% the reason was r5 project?

i believe yes.

Fast Eddie WRC
4th November 2019, 18:15
Adamo on the i20 R5:
"From July we have started a serious development process. Not that the process wasn’t serious before, but now we put even more energy in because we had more people working in customer racing. When I started we were three people, we are now 70.”

Sounds like its already a big in-house operation. Why do they need MM-Motorsport, why cant Hyundai run the WRC2 cars themselves ?

br21
4th November 2019, 18:26
They are already doing that in a way in some national rally championships and other championships.

Where?

RS
4th November 2019, 18:58
There was an interview with Hortek and Kopecký on Czech TV which I missed but a friend told me that they didn't rule out to continue next year in WRC2. They said they would publish the plans in December (for me that means we continue said in Škoda language). Hortek only said they don't have any plans related to the development of WRC and R2 cars. Kopecký said he was seeking for a new co-driver and didn't want to end yet.

I really hope we have proper teams from Škoda, Hyundai, M-Sport and Citroën with R5 cars next year.

Sounds promising.

I agree potentially WRC2(pro) could be good if all those brands come with proper teams next year.

Anyone know when regulations for the next generation WRCars will be finalised? I still feel it may be at the back of Skoda’s mind even if they have no plans yet..

Fast Eddie WRC
4th November 2019, 20:53
I take the opposite view.

Skoda have done it all in WRC2 and proven how good their car and driver's are as a pure R5 team.

In future I'd prefer to see a new battle with just the WRC team's R5 cars. Hopefully with Toyota too as soon as possible.

Sub_Skoda
8th November 2019, 18:27
Nikolay Gryazin will be back in 2020: https://www.lemagsportauto.com/interview-gryazin-nikolay-et-vasiliy-passion-sports-mecaniques/45152/

RS
13th November 2019, 09:10
So did Loubet win the title then?

mousti
13th November 2019, 11:18
So did Loubet win the title then?Yes

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6013 met Tapatalk

Jarek Z
13th November 2019, 13:32
I believe these are the final results of WRC2:

They show that you don't need enormous experience in WRC in order to be quick. In their first full seasons in WRC Kajto and Gryazin were much quicker than Veiby, Katsuta and Solberg.

pantealex
13th November 2019, 15:26

They show that you don't need enormous experience in WRC in order to be quick. In their first full seasons in WRC Kajto and Gryazin were much quicker than Veiby, Katsuta and Solberg.

Petter Solberg got same amount of wins that Kajto/Gryazin... ;)

All 3 are great drivers !!!

Mirek
13th November 2019, 15:43

Quicker? Have You followed the rallies? The word quick has different meaning than point score.

AnttiL
13th November 2019, 17:04
were much quicker than Veiby, Katsuta and Solberg.

Henning? Petter? Oliver?

Jarek Z
13th November 2019, 17:47
Henning? Petter? Oliver?

I thought it was obvious that I meant Henning. He was the only Solberg competing in WRC2 on a regular basis.

Rally Power
13th November 2019, 20:39
Congrats to Loubet, co-driver Landais and 2C Competition team. Well done!