PDA

View Full Version : Rallye WRC Monte Carlo 2019

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

jbmarcus21
20th July 2018, 11:22
Full itinerary and timetable Rallye WRC Monte Carlo 2019 include 16 Stages (322.81kms) + no Start from Monaco but Gap + Shakedown will start on Thurday morning .. Full details ► http://bit.ly/2JEUqhz

Fast Eddie WRC
20th July 2018, 15:36
40% different stages for 2019 Monte
https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/july-2018/monte-carlo-route/page/5581--12-12-.html

Andre Oliveira
6th November 2018, 21:18
https://www.ewrc-results.com/images/posters/poster_mc2019.jpg

Andre Oliveira
6th November 2018, 21:20
So who will be there?

Ogier / Ingrassia -> C3 WRC
Lappi / Ferm -> C3 WRC

Suninen / Markkula -> Fiesta WRC

Neuville / Gilsoul -> i20 Coupe WRC
Mikkelsen / Jæger -> i20 Coupe WRC

Tänak / Järveoja -> Yaris WRC
Latvala / Anttila -> Yaris WRC
Meeke / ??? -> Yaris WRC

Rovanperä / Holtunen -> Fabia R5

er88
6th November 2018, 22:33
Sordo - Hyundai
Breen - Msport

dodge33cymru
6th November 2018, 22:33
Going to this for the first time next year for Thurs/Fri/Sat and really looking forward to it. If anyone has access to any of the stage maps, that would be greatly appreciated.

Glad the Shakedown is on Thursday morning again, so I can drive up from Marseille overnight.

I think the WRC2 field may be a bit slim unfortunately. VW aren't going and it doesn't sound like their new customers will be either (their press release mentioned customers running in Sweden, but not MC). Hopefully the quickest tarmac R5 drivers like Lefebvre, Bonato, Camilli, Abbring, Kopecky and Sarrazin will be there to keep young Kalle on his toes.

GigiGalliNo1
7th November 2018, 03:48
Is there an agreement that RMC have to use the winning car of the previous event in their advertising/poster? This looks good for Ford, Msport etc

AnttiL
7th November 2018, 05:21
(their press release mentioned customers running in Sweden, but not MC).

No, their press release said they already have customers in Sweden.

EstWRC
7th November 2018, 06:29
Is there an agreement that RMC have to use the winning car of the previous event in their advertising/poster? This looks good for Ford, Msport etc

most of the rallies (well basically all of them) use the picture of last years winner.

AnttiL
7th November 2018, 07:21
I think Finland 2017 had already the Yaris

pantealex
7th November 2018, 07:48
I think Finland 2017 had already the Yaris

Toyota is/was official car of Rally Finland...

dodge33cymru
7th November 2018, 08:04
No, their press release said they already have customers in Sweden.That's what I said! Or what I meant anyway...

Is there any ticketing for MC or is spectating free?

Fredouye
7th November 2018, 08:54
MC is entirely free :)

MOSSY
14th November 2018, 11:19
I am thinking of going to monte myself for the first time. As anyone any suggestions for accommodation or can you sleep in the hire car/van on the stages. I’ve looked at accommodation around gap and nothing is coming in at a reasonable price for two people.
Also any advice on car hire, will I need snow chains?
Thanks

br21
14th November 2018, 19:49
I am thinking of going to monte myself for the first time. As anyone any suggestions for accommodation or can you sleep in the hire car/van on the stages. I’ve looked at accommodation around gap and nothing is coming in at a reasonable price for two people.
Also any advice on car hire, will I need snow chains?
Thanks

Sleeping in the car might be problematic, all depends on weather. Snow chains - it's a must, as weather can change rapidly and you can have over 10cms of fresh snow suddenly on some stages.
With accommodation around Gap it's not easy and like you already noticed almost never cheap.

Mirek
14th November 2018, 20:26
I don't know if it's still like that because it's been already quite some time since my last visit but it used to be quite difficult to find a rental car with proper winter tyres on the southern coast.

Anyway the most important thing about Monte Carlo is to understand that getting to the stage might be very very difficult sometimes. There are few roads in the mountains and a fuckton of cars going to the stages can easily block them especially in bad weather (once we had to skip one stage even due to an avalanche). The mountain roads are very slow to move on even when empty and the liasons are long. Monte Carlo is pretty difficult event for spectators even when it's free of charge. You won't sleep much during the event - that's sure.

I would consider sleeping in the car only with motorhome with proper heating (even when motorhome is not the easiest car to move around in the winter mountains). There might not be that spectacular low temperatures but the winter near the coast is humid and that feels cold as hell sometimes even when it's just bellow zero. Don't underestimate clothes and be prepared also for rain! Rain at temperatures around zero degrees can ruin Your day if You're not prepared.

And a last hint... the trickiest place ever can be also the most boring place! Don't forget that drivers usually don't fit tyres based on occasional extreme spots but the majority of the loop conditions. So if You choose an icy downhill spot on otherwise dry route You may end pretty disappointed by everyone taking it with walking speed except few crazy guys from the back of the field who will crash there.

Despite all the difficulties I have always loved the event and its special atmosphere of the legendary classic season opener.

PLuto
14th November 2018, 20:53
I can highly recommend to use helicopter for watching stages on Monte. I have tried it once (http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=18773) and after that I told that I dont want to watch Monte in different way :D

tpt010
15th November 2018, 08:14
I have been in Monte three times now: 2016, 2017, 2018. Like already said, it is not the easiest rally to spectate, but the atmosphere is somehow special. My sons (9 and 12 years now) want to go there every year just because of that. Also, it is the season opener and therefore somehow extra exciting. We live some 600 km from Gap and first year we left home Friday evening and slept some hours in a car on the stage. It was almost -10 degrees and chilly but somehow doable since we had proper gear, haven't tried after that though. Other years we have had hotels and b&b's somewhere quite near or in Gap, although in 2017 had to stay quite far way in Barcelonnette (about 65 km and more than 1 hour from service park). Roads are slow and especially on Saturday some places get crowded. Last year we were spectating in village of Ancelle, easy access but a lot of spectators and had to walk quite a long way. I have winter tyres in my car and wouldn't try without. I also have snow chains in boot just in case, but never needed them. Careful planning is essential and it is good to check also altitude of the spot you want to reach, higher altitude means in many cases smaller roads and of course more probability for snow and low temperatures. And yes, the weather is very tricky and can change many times during an hour and depending on altitude as well. It is good to have proper gear. There are also spots with easy access, but better to plan properly and not to make too tight schedule. Have fun!

MOSSY
15th November 2018, 11:41
Thanks guys
I see sixt advertise there cars with winter tyres in France.
I have actually looked at hiring a small van
By the sounds of things it may be more beneficial to get to the stages the night before due to the traffic.

Japé
21st November 2018, 17:52
Couldn't find the date when registrations are closed?

spiderem
21st November 2018, 20:18
I did Monte in 2006 & 2007, still great memories. And after almost 10 years working outside Europe, i may have the opportunity to be back for Monte next year :)
Is it still almost impossible to spectate 2 stages in the same loop? What i remember is that moving between stages whilst the rally starts is almost impossible and you basically have to pick 1 stage for the day unfortunately. (or 1 stage in the morning and 1 stage in the afternoon)
Any advice on that?
Also is shakedown worth it?
Thanks.

PLuto
21st November 2018, 21:23
I did Monte in 2006 & 2007, still great memories. And after almost 10 years working outside Europe, i may have the opportunity to be back for Monte next year :)
Is it still almost impossible to spectate 2 stages in the same loop? What i remember is that moving between stages whilst the rally starts is almost impossible and you basically have to pick 1 stage for the day unfortunately. (or 1 stage in the morning and 1 stage in the afternoon)
Any advice on that?
Thanks.

With helicopter, you can spectate all stages in the same loop ;)

the sniper
21st November 2018, 21:36

Can't speak specifically for Monte, but I think Shakedown is one of the highlights of a WRC weekend. Plenty of time to see multiple passes from different corners, almost nonstop action.

Mirek
21st November 2018, 22:20
Is it still almost impossible to spectate 2 stages in the same loop? What i remember is that moving between stages whilst the rally starts is almost impossible and you basically have to pick 1 stage for the day unfortunately.

Depends on the exact route of the loop. Sometimes You can do that but more often You can't. I think that in case of Monte Carlo it's better to pick one stage and walk until You get to a point which looks like an absolute must to see. Usually You can get only to 1-2 places per stage by car (except for start and finish) but in between there are plenty of great spots not accessible for normal spectator. From my memories we often walked kilometers on the stage between first and second run. And after that You can build snowmen (if there's some snow) until they come :D

Yes for me.

lankey555
21st November 2018, 22:51
Went to Montie 2017 great event I did lots of planning using Rallymaps but all the small roads had been closed by police and we ended up walking from the start or Finish of stage each time ( quite a lot of walking!!!!)
We got a Airb&B is Sisteon some stages were closer and some father away but central and cheap

pantealex
22nd November 2018, 07:46
Couldn't find the date when registrations are closed?

Started yesterday and is open 1 month, so 21 or 22 december

JJFrentzen
23rd November 2018, 01:26
I'm planning to visit Rally Monte Carlo first time in my life, is it whole rally is free for spectators?

AL14
23rd November 2018, 07:08
I'm planning to visit Rally Monte Carlo first time in my life, is it whole rally is free for spectators?

Yes.

MOSSY
23rd November 2018, 11:46
Flights are booked and I have managed to get some accommodation north of gap in saint firman.
I just need to find a good hire car company that can provide snow chains. Flying into Marseille and out of Marseille if anyone can recommend any companies
Cheers

JTGANG
23rd November 2018, 12:31
Flights are booked and I have managed to get some accommodation north of gap in saint firman.
I just need to find a good hire car company that can provide snow chains. Flying into Marseille and out of Marseille if anyone can recommend any companies
Cheers

At Marseille airport i rent through Sixt in 2017 an Opel Mokka with winter tyres

MOSSY
23rd November 2018, 13:48
At Marseille airport i rent through Sixt in 2017 an Opel Mokka with winter tyres
What about chains? I thought it was mandatory to have snow chains in the vehicle if you were in the mountains I was going to just to get a small car with chains. Is the Opel Mokka 4 wheel drive

JTGANG
23rd November 2018, 14:18
What about chains? I thought it was mandatory to have snow chains in the vehicle if you were in the mountains I was going to just to get a small car with chains. Is the Opel Mokka 4 wheel drive

No it is front wheel drive....Is not mandatory at the airport of Marseille ...Do not take chains......Huge mistake ....Imagine going from each stage to another or to Gap and have every time to stop in the cold to put it/out the chains....Impossible....i think the extra cost for winter tyres at Sitx was 88e

Mirek
23rd November 2018, 14:30
Chains are really mandatory at some roads. There is a traffic sign showing where they are mandatory. For sure You will encounter such roads when You visit RMC.
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/photo-shows-a-sign-indicating-that-snow-chains-must-be-used-on-roads-picture-id498133524?k=6&m=498133524&s=612x612&w=0&h=qeORh5l6HmVHSAaQapWmBJw3b77f3dKzigZsY3EUCKs=

You can buy the chains for around 20 Euro so it might be easier to buy them than to try to rent them.

tommeke_B
23rd November 2018, 15:09
When we were visiting the Turini some years ago police were stopping all cars to ask if they had snow chains. Without them you weren't allowed to continue, and had to turn back.

skarderud
23rd November 2018, 16:22
Do you need to have snowchains if you have decent wintertyres?
Summertires and "allyear" uselessshittires i understand, but with Nokian hakkapeliita to?

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

Mirek
23rd November 2018, 16:30
If it's mandatory it's mandatory. In France winter tyres are not mandatory but chains are (on certain roads). Don't ask me why.

Secondly yes, You need them in the mountains from time to time. Driving from a tight hairpin in a steep uphill with FWD can make You stuck very easily. Also don't forget that there is a lot of traffic on these roads which means that plenty of times what You could get through, if You were alone there, is undriveable because the traffic is too slow or because You must stop in uphills because of others. That's why in all Alpine countries chains are mandatory on some roads (in Austria they use digital traffic signs and activate them only when the weather requires so). Don't know how is that in France but in Austria if You have 4x4 You can go without chains I think.

stefanvv
23rd November 2018, 16:35
Don't know how is that in France but in Austria if You have 4x4 You can go without chains I think.

It would make sense AWD to be allowed without chains. I don't have problems at least with my Quattro to climb alpine roads on slush and ice!

EDIT: with allseason crappy tyres:D

skarderud
23rd November 2018, 16:37
Here in Norway we never use snowchains, but it's mandatory to have real wintertyres of course.
Is studded alloved in the alps? Thru germany?

pucky54
23rd November 2018, 16:40
Here in Norway we never use snowchains, but it's mandatory to have real wintertyres of course.

Studs are forbidden in Germany!

Franky
23rd November 2018, 16:41

Those bastards, the studs, are only allowed in the north. Nowhere else

Tarmop
Studs are not allowed in Germany, in France however, they are. Bought studdless tires for going there... List of winter gear allowed/banned/needed in different EU countries.
https://www.mytyres.co.uk/winter-tyre-obligation.html

pucky54
Chains are really mandatory at some roads. There is a traffic sign showing where they are mandatory. For sure You will encounter such roads when You visit RMC.
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/photo-shows-a-sign-indicating-that-snow-chains-must-be-used-on-roads-picture-id498133524?k=6&m=498133524&s=612x612&w=0&h=qeORh5l6HmVHSAaQapWmBJw3b77f3dKzigZsY3EUCKs=

You can buy the chains for around 20 Euro so it might be easier to buy them than to try to rent them.

What about studded tires?

Mirek
23rd November 2018, 16:43
What about studded tires?

Good luck finding a rental car with studded tyres ;)

That's not true. Studs are allowed in Austria, France and some other countries during winter.

See the list from Tarmop. They are allowed in some countries, in others not ;)

WRC1
23rd November 2018, 17:05

Here in Austria studded Tires are allowed as well!! ;)

skarderud
23rd November 2018, 18:07
Here in Austria studded Tires are allowed as well!! ;)Just drive reeally fast thru germany

Franky
23rd November 2018, 18:09
Just drive reeally fast thru germany

Just go with the studless ones then as you'll kill far too many studs.

skarderud
23rd November 2018, 18:28
Just go with the studless ones then as you'll kill far too many studs.Have Nokian hakkapeliita 9 suv on my Volvo XC60, throwed away the studless ones when i byed it, not suitable in the mountains around Lillehammer:)
If we do the trip, we'll find some other options then:)

Mirek
23rd November 2018, 18:55
Having studded tyres in anywhere around central/western/southern Europe is pointless imho (even if it's somewhere allowed). Most of the winter You drive on dry or wet asphalt and for driving 130 km/h on a motorway it's pretty stupid choice (50% of my trips). Much better to have normal winter tyres and fit the chains if once per winter You get into difficulties (I have myself needed to use chains only once in last ten years).

spiderem
23rd November 2018, 20:06
I believe if you have a 4wd AND winter tires, the french police cannot stop you.

FYI, as of 1st of January, petrol and gas price will be even more taxed and price significantly increase (thats why you may have seen protest in France last week end called "gillet jaune"). To be kept in mind for those driving / renting, budget can be high to just going to places unfortunately.

Allez Andruet
23rd November 2018, 20:32
- Ketä se sitten suosii, jos on lunta?
- Totta kai suomalaisia

Steve Boyd
27th November 2018, 18:11
Have Nokian hakkapeliita 9 suv on my Volvo XC60, throwed away the studless ones when i byed it, not suitable in the mountains around Lillehammer:)
If we do the trip, we'll find some other options then:)

You should have kept the studless tyres then you could have put the stuuded ones on the roof like competitors did in the 1950's.

spiderem
14th December 2018, 14:24
well, all i can say is that i am pretty jealous of those who will be attending MC... Had to cancel my plans because of work :(

Please enjoy as much as you can, having loeb, ogier, tanak, neuville, latvala, meeke and co battling will be absolute epic! especially if we have good monte conditions, with Loeb bringing tire wise choices, Ogier road knowledge, Tanak crazy speed, etc

EstWRC
15th December 2018, 07:27
video of SS3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMUIxd_tKZo

Mirek
15th December 2018, 11:28
Beautiful stage but the onboard is reversed compared to the stage. I checked it on google maps and it's run from Siggotier to Valdrome (as the title says) but the official AMC website places the start into Valdrome, i.e. to the opposite end.

salvadorpv
17th December 2018, 17:14
video of SS3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMUIxd_tKZo

I think it is incompleted and reversed. This video starts in La Piarre, and it's 14km long. From Siggotier it is 19.9 km, like the rally route.

jbmarcus21
19th December 2018, 20:02
Here it is ! The first one of 2019 ! Google Earth Map #MonteCarlo19 is online ► http://bit.ly/2JEUqhz

Bartolbia84
19th December 2018, 21:52
Crew 🇮🇹

Mauro Miele - Luca Beltrame (Citröen C3 WRC)
Pedro - Emanuele Baldaccini (Hyundai I20 R5)
Davide Riccio (Ford Fiesta R5)
Alessandro Gino (Škoda Fabia R5)
Claudio Marenco (Ford Fiesta R5)
Manuel Villa (Škoda Fabia R5)
Paccagnella (Ford Fiesta R5)
Rachele Somaschini (Citröen DS3 R3T)

wwbroe
19th December 2018, 22:46
Here it is ! The first one of 2019 ! Google Earth Map #MonteCarlo19 is online ► http://bit.ly/2JEUqhz

Great work, like usual;)

omer yetis
21st December 2018, 02:00
I think it is incompleted and reversed. This video starts in La Piarre, and it's 14km long. From Siggotier it is 19.9 km, like the rally route.

He mentioned under the video that it's on reverse direction
"Spéciale parcourue en sens inverse pour Lessentiel"

dupanton
21st December 2018, 06:51
Crew ����

Mauro Miele - Luca Beltrame (Citröen C3 WRC)
Pedro - Emanuele Baldaccini (Hyundai I20 R5)
Davide Riccio (Ford Fiesta R5)
Alessandro Gino (Škoda Fabia R5)
Claudio Marenco (Ford Fiesta R5)
Manuel Villa (Škoda Fabia R5)
Paccagnella (Ford Fiesta R5)
Rachele Somaschini (Citröen DS3 R3T)

A gentleman driver with a C3 WRC? PH Sport?

Bartolbia84
21st December 2018, 09:03
Yes! Mauro Miele win's various rally in Nord Italy. Finish 16° in TdC 2017.

Other crew
Gasperetti- Ferrari in Clio RS R3T

atsiotras79
21st December 2018, 13:14
Pavlidis from Greece again with 208 R2.

dupanton
21st December 2018, 14:14
Grégoire Munster - Fabia R5
Bernard Pierrat - Polo R5
Expect Guillaume De Mevius - C3 R5 too

Andre Oliveira
21st December 2018, 15:20
Ds3

a gentleman driver with a c3 wrc? Ph sport?

Bartolbia84
21st December 2018, 15:55
Yes ds3 🙈

4Regioni
26th December 2018, 08:15
Andrea Nucita - Hyundai i20 R5 (Team Bernini)
Enrico Brazzoli - Fiat 124 Abarth (Team Bernini)

Bartolbia84
26th December 2018, 09:10
Dionisio 208 r2

Bartolbia84
26th December 2018, 09:10
Andrea Nucita - Hyundai i20 R5 (Team Bernini)
Enrico Brazzoli - Fiat 124 Abarth (Team Bernini)

Riccio Fiesta R5 bernini

4Regioni
29th December 2018, 17:09
Alessandro Gino (Skoda Fabia R5 - Miele)

Bartolbia84
29th December 2018, 21:59
Possibility Italian crew

Pedro (Hyundai R5),
Riccio (Fiesta R5)
Marenco (Fiesta R5)
Patera (Fabia R5)
Miele (Ds3 WRC),
Somaschini (Ds3 R3),
Paccagnella (Fiesta R5)
Gasperetti (Clio R3T)
Caffoni (Fabia R5),
Coti Zelati (Ds3 R3T),
Brazzoli (124)
Villa (Fabia R5)
Nucita (i20 R5)
Covi (208 R2)
Arengi (R5) ?
Dionisio (208 R2)
Gino (Fabia R5)

Barreis
30th December 2018, 13:17
this link says Monte is the target and proton had to be homologated at 1st of december. anyone knows more about this??
https://www.facebook.com/MellorsElliot/photos/a.855557731230661/1882152215237869/?type=3&theater

KiwiWRCfan
30th December 2018, 20:48
this link says Monte is the target and proton had to be homologated at 1st of december. anyone knows more about this??
https://www.facebook.com/MellorsElliot/photos/a.855557731230661/1882152215237869/?type=3&theater

re Proton Iriz R5 - highly unlikely to be seen in Monte Carlo
According to Martin Holmes article Homologation now expected to be January 1st with first event likely to be in Rally Whangarei in New Zealand which is second round of APRC for 2019 https://rallysportmag.com/feature-up...roton-iriz-r5/ It is well worth paying a subscription to get access to RallySportMag's feature content if you have not already done so

Rally Power
30th December 2018, 21:34

I believe those are old news; check this: https://www.motorsportforums.com/showthread.php?28327-R5-News&p=1202616&viewfull=1#post1202616

dodge33cymru
31st December 2018, 09:44
Does anyone who's going have a plan of how to get to the Col du Turini on the Saturday night? What time do they close the roads, because having to go south and drive up to it from that side would be a major detour.

jparker
31st December 2018, 10:29
If it's mandatory it's mandatory. In France winter tyres are not mandatory but chains are (on certain roads). Don't ask me why.

Secondly yes, You need them in the mountains from time to time. Driving from a tight hairpin in a steep uphill with FWD can make You stuck very easily. Also don't forget that there is a lot of traffic on these roads which means that plenty of times what You could get through, if You were alone there, is undriveable because the traffic is too slow or because You must stop in uphills because of others. That's why in all Alpine countries chains are mandatory on some roads (in Austria they use digital traffic signs and activate them only when the weather requires so). Don't know how is that in France but in Austria if You have 4x4 You can go without chains I think.

Even if chains were not mandatory, police can enforce the use of them if required. I can confirm what Mirek said, in case of icy steep uphill roads police will not let you in without chains, and there is good reason for this. Sometimes 4x4 with winter tyres will not help you if you have to constantly stop and go on a steep icy uphill. Only option in such conditions is chains.

PLuto
31st December 2018, 12:18
I believe those are old news; check this: https://www.motorsportforums.com/showthread.php?28327-R5-News&p=1202616&viewfull=1#post1202616

I think it were old news, before exact WRC2 Pro rules were known...

Bartolbia84
1st January 2019, 17:51
Gecchele (Škoda Fabia R5)

AnttiL
2nd January 2019, 13:22
Finally my route preview. As a new feature, I've included automatically updating 48h weather forecasts for each stage. Once the rally gets underway, you can just go to my blog to check the current weather for each stage

To summarize quickly. Thursday stages and 2/3 of Friday are new stages, only bits of them driven before in the last decade. The rest are same as last year. Piegut - Urtis looks like a really tricky stage!

https://itgetsfasternow.wordpress.com/2018/12/29/route-preview-rally-monte-carlo-2019/

AL14
2nd January 2019, 16:04
Finally my route preview. As a new feature, I've included automatically updating 48h weather forecasts for each stage. Once the rally gets underway, you can just go to my blog to check the current weather for each stage

To summarize quickly. Thursday stages and 2/3 of Friday are new stages, only bits of them driven before in the last decade. The rest are same as last year. Piegut - Urtis looks like a really tricky stage!

https://itgetsfasternow.wordpress.com/2018/12/29/route-preview-rally-monte-carlo-2019/

Wow, it seems like a hard work. Very nice job!
p.s. You should use wordpress.org and chose a more customizable theme maybe. Are you familiar with it? Because I think that with a dedicated design your guides would be even better.

Bartolbia84
2nd January 2019, 16:07
Antenucci (R1)

Barreis
2nd January 2019, 16:21
Antenucci (R1)

I red Andreucci for the first time... :D

Bartolbia84
2nd January 2019, 17:44
Blanc 208 r2

AnttiL
3rd January 2019, 07:34
Wow, it seems like a hard work. Very nice job!
p.s. You should use wordpress.org and chose a more customizable theme maybe. Are you familiar with it? Because I think that with a dedicated design your guides would be even better.

Thanks!

You mean I should start hosting on my own server, right? Now I'm working on a zero budget. I know there's a lot I could do with the themes but I also hope the content is more important than the appearance :)

AnttiL
3rd January 2019, 07:40
I think I asked somewhere in the virtual chicane discussions "have you ever seen a chicane in Monte"? Well, this year you will. This is about 10 km into SS1 and will break down a 2 km flat out section.

https://i.imgur.com/P0cfL3D.jpg

dodge33cymru
3rd January 2019, 10:39
At least that doesn't look very virtual!

stefanvv
3rd January 2019, 11:41
I think I asked somewhere in the virtual chicane discussions "have you ever seen a chicane in Monte"? Well, this year you will. This is about 10 km into SS1 and will break down a 2 km flat out section.

It looks like going through the field:D

Allez Andruet
3rd January 2019, 11:52
At least that doesn't look very virtual!

I think it does look virtual, with the blue arrows and everything.

AnttiL
3rd January 2019, 12:36
It looks like going through the field:D

I bet some drivers will go that route :D

Mirek
3rd January 2019, 12:40

https://i.imgur.com/P0cfL3D.jpg

This is very typical natural chicane used in Czech or Slovak events. We have several such places on nearly every stage. I personally don't like them because they destroy the flow of the corners but it's for sure better than a slalom among the hay bales.

One positive thing about these chicanes is that they create a very safe spectator point for common public. Usually they are located on crossroads, i.e. in places accessible for the general public and their shape mostly require using a handbrake to go through.

AnttiL
3rd January 2019, 12:59
One positive thing about these chicanes is that they create a very safe spectator point for common public. Usually they are located on crossroads, i.e. in places accessible for the general public and their shape mostly require using a handbrake to go through.

Well at least this is not marked as a spectator area. The road on the left does lead outside the stage but not sure if it can be used as an access road for spectator cars.

sonnybobiche
3rd January 2019, 13:57
If you're going to compromise stages to create the illusion of safety, this is probably the least bad way to do it.

mousti
3rd January 2019, 17:39
Nicolas Ciamin with THX Racing (DG Sport)https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190103/a7478a4178d0c0645ffef35c186e3d37.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

deephouse
3rd January 2019, 18:11
Man that Polo is dream car for everybody. i20 and C3 can hide now.

AL14
7th January 2019, 15:50
Thanks!

You mean I should start hosting on my own server, right? Now I'm working on a zero budget. I know there's a lot I could do with the themes but I also hope the content is more important than the appearance :)

More than appearance I refer to presentation. I think that since you use a lot of content it can be organized better. But it's just a suggestion. It's very good and useful as it is. :)

Barreis
7th January 2019, 18:00
any news about entry list?

dupanton
7th January 2019, 18:32
Just an unofficial one: https://www.ewrc-results.com/entries/52398-rallye-automobile-de-monte-carlo-2019/

PLuto
7th January 2019, 19:22
I will prefer official one. And according to regulations, it should happen only this Friday.

Bartolbia84
7th January 2019, 19:49
Other R5 from Italy!!! Arengi start with 208T16 R5

AnttiL
8th January 2019, 06:37
https://www.rally-maps.com/Rallye-Monte-Carlo-2019

KiwiWRCfan
8th January 2019, 06:51
I will prefer official one. And according to regulations, it should happen only this Friday.

Bulletin 1 says date for Entry List publication is now Monday 14th

GigiGalliNo1
10th January 2019, 09:05
Is it possible to let me know which stages in 2017/18 are running again in 2019? Names... thank you in advance :)

AnttiL
10th January 2019, 09:47
Is it possible to let me know which stages in 2017/18 are running again in 2019? Names... thank you in advance :)

just read https://itgetsfasternow.wordpress.com/2018/12/29/route-preview-rally-monte-carlo-2019/ ;)

HINT: All Saturday and Sunday stages are same as 2018, SS1, 2, 3/6 and 5/8 are all new.

dimviii
10th January 2019, 11:40
Ciamin testing polo r5 for Monte
https://twitter.com/RALLYGIF/status/1083114741869015040

Andre Oliveira
11th January 2019, 18:39
Entry list (missing P1 numbers): https://www.ewrc-results.com/entries/52398-rallye-automobile-de-monte-carlo-2019/

Barreis
11th January 2019, 19:38
is that official entry list cos there's still nothing on the organizer's web page?

Andre Oliveira
11th January 2019, 19:39
Official, they published them today on bulletin 2. except P1 drivers

AnttiL
11th January 2019, 19:57
Why are so many drivers not going for WRC2 points in Monte? Last year we saw you could have been 20 minutes off the win and be second, which would mean a really safe drive? Or are everyone so afraid of a retirement?

PLuto
11th January 2019, 20:17
Lets wait with the priorities to the official entry list which should be published on Monday.

Andre Oliveira
11th January 2019, 20:53
Still no WRC2 scorers appured. Sorry

pantealex
11th January 2019, 20:57
Entry list (missing P1 numbers): https://www.ewrc-results.com/entries/52398-rallye-automobile-de-monte-carlo-2019/

FIA rule for numbers:
WRC 2 PRO AND WRC 2 DRIVERS
Competition numbers between 21 and 40 for WRC 2 Pro competitors
and between 41 and 70 for WRC 2 competitors
shall be allocated rally by rally, according to the provisional classification of the Championships concerned.
Greater numbers may be allocated if required.

Once again Monte has own rules!

Essaj
11th January 2019, 20:59
FIA rule for numbers:
WRC 2 PRO AND WRC 2 DRIVERS
Competition numbers between 21 and 40 for WRC 2 Pro competitors
and between 41 and 70 for WRC 2 competitors
shall be allocated rally by rally, according to the provisional classification of the Championships concerned.
Greater numbers may be allocated if required.

Once again Monte has own rules!

Maybe those are not the final numbers, Lets wait until monday :)

pantealex
11th January 2019, 21:11
Maybe those are not the final numbers, Lets wait until monday :)

Scrutineering timetable has those numbers...
http://acm.mc/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/BULLETIN-N°2.pdf

Monte has own rules, again.

dodge33cymru
12th January 2019, 10:11
Good R5 numbers but a little low on quality; not a good sign when the likes of Bouffier, Camilli, Lefebvre, Michel can't get a drive and little disappointed not to see Kopecky back.

RGT low too.

szymon189
14th January 2019, 11:32
Hello. The first days I have planned. I am interested in Sunday and access to Turini. How many meters / kilometers from the stage we are expecting a police block (road D2566 from Moulinet). I wonder what time to move from hotel in Menton (5;00 am?? ) to see this stage and don't be late :D Thanks

dodge33cymru
14th January 2019, 11:53
I've conceded defeat on the Turini, so will have to go snow hunting on stages 1-11. Currently planning arriving Wednesday late night, driving Lyon > Gap through the early hours, Shakedown, SS2, SS5/8 and SS 9/11 and then a sleepover in Lyon airport on Saturday night.

dimviii
14th January 2019, 14:06
Βοnato livery for Monte

http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2019/post-3242-0-63591300-1547465802.jpg
http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2019/post-3242-0-91673000-1547465797.jpg

irish_tiger
14th January 2019, 17:12
I've conceded defeat on the Turini, so will have to go snow hunting on stages 1-11. Currently planning arriving Wednesday late night, driving Lyon > Gap through the early hours, Shakedown, SS2, SS5/8 and SS 9/11 and then a sleepover in Lyon airport on Saturday night.

You are not going to the Sunday stages so ?

ernestcooke91
16th January 2019, 13:56
Does anyone have any current updates for the weather in the region?

I will be attending the Thursday and Friday of the rally, so even if I had an idea for those stages that would be great 😊

Mirek
16th January 2019, 14:33
I think that it's still too early for any meaningful weather forecast.

EstWRC
16th January 2019, 14:43
when speaking about the weather, havent heard anything of bluuford for a long time.

Mirek
16th January 2019, 14:50
He's probably working hard on the topic :)

N.O.T
16th January 2019, 14:51
when speaking about the weather, havent heard anything of bluuford for a long time.

he works for toyota team now... so i doubt he will share info in here.

EstWRC
16th January 2019, 15:03
yeah i know, he is probably very busy at the moment.

i think (hope) he will post when the season begins, he did sometimes last year...always fun and interesting to read his info.

dimviii
16th January 2019, 17:55
Kalles livery for Monte
https://twitter.com/inforallyes/status/1085603509037346817

Duvel
16th January 2019, 18:50
Kalles livery for Monte
https://twitter.com/inforallyes/status/1085603509037346817

Nice!

First time i see john Deere on a rally car, a ful "john deere" livery would look great on a rally car i think!

Allez Andruet
16th January 2019, 18:54
First time i see john Deere on a rally car
Jarkko Nikara had John Deere on his Mini during 2012-2013 (and on cars he competed in Finnish Championship).

Rallyper
17th January 2019, 10:01
Kalle should have Valtra on his car. Wouldn´t it more suitable for a finnsih driver?

rp
17th January 2019, 10:22
Kalle should have Valtra on his car. Wouldn´t it more suitable for a finnsih driver?

This is not a tractor advertisement. John Deere Forest Machines are made in Finland.

Rallyper
17th January 2019, 11:04
This is not a tractor advertisement. John Deere Forest Machines are made in Finland.

Ok. But John Deere to me is only tractor.. ;)

EstWRC
17th January 2019, 18:20
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxIPES2X4AAoiII.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxIPESvXQAARiY_.jpg

credit to our planetemarcus https://twitter.com/planetemarcus/status/1085947042705358848

Rally Power
18th January 2019, 14:09
yeah i know, he is probably very busy at the moment.
i think (hope) he will post when the season begins, he did sometimes last year...always fun and interesting to read his info.

Yep, a bluuford MC prediction would be great; on the Frech forum there’s a fellow showing some weather models and saying it can snow heavily on Wednesday and Thursday. On the other days it’s not yet sure if it’ll continue snowing, but the low temperature will probably add an icy cover to the previous snow. Hope he’s right; the MC is always more exciting under a tricky weather.

EstWRC
18th January 2019, 14:49
Toyota video preview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXn3DjR9UqY

EstWRC
18th January 2019, 15:13
Citroen wants to better Hyundai with their house it seems

https://twitter.com/planetemarcus/status/1086287348231487488

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxNEktMX0AYXyxa.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxNEktOXgAA4iz8.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxNEktLWkAAb1Rn.jpg

EstWRC
18th January 2019, 19:10
previews

M-sport https://www.m-sport.co.uk/single-post/2019/01/18/M-SPORT-FORD-FOCUSED-ON-STRONG-MONTE-PERFORMANCE
Toyota https://toyotagazooracing.com/wrc/report/2019/01/preview.html
Hyundai https://motorsport.hyundai.com/game-monte-carlo/
Citroen - still missing

AL14
18th January 2019, 19:30

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxNEktLWkAAb1Rn.jpg

They built a palace but they run two cars instead of three.

KKS
18th January 2019, 20:12
They built a palace but they run two cars instead of three.
Citroen is a team with illogical moves.

dimviii
18th January 2019, 20:38
Ciamin testing for Monte polo r5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=24&v=3jIh_Dge2uU

Sarrazin hyundai r5
https://youtu.be/tCFgwZY4MPk

cali
19th January 2019, 06:40

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxNEktLWkAAb1Rn.jpgSo that's where they have spent all of their budget. Instead of a 3rd car

EstWRC
19th January 2019, 11:31
Citroen preview https://media.citroenracing.com/en/c3-wrc-all-set-regal-challenge?idtok=fb07fbbb7068

dodge33cymru
20th January 2019, 12:35
Looking like hardly any snow at all for this year by current forecasts.

AnttiL
20th January 2019, 12:43
Looking like hardly any snow at all for this year by current forecasts.

Yeah, looking like no more snow, but maybe there is already some snow that won't go away? Also, temperatures alternating below and above zero should make it icy.

Googol
20th January 2019, 15:02
The forecast for Gap region seems to be changing daily. Sometimes it shows some snow for Wednesday and sometimes not. Currently there is not much snow promised, and also Saturday seems a bit warmer than it seemed some time ago. Around Turini it may snow on Thursday and the weekend may not be quite as warm as it is in the north. But it is still very early to predict as sometimes they can't get it right even when they leave the service park.

EstWRC
21st January 2019, 06:19
Guys, the wait is over. Today the rallying week starts with drivers starting their recce at lunch time.

Man im so excited...so many questions to be answered. How fast will Meeke be against Latvala and Tänak? How have Ogier and Lappi settled in their new team? Same questions for Loeb. What can Tidemand do on his debut? Monte isnt the best rally to get these answers but we will get some kind of picture.

The favourites for me definitely are the two Sebs. They have won it so many times and their experience is huge. Lappi did very well last year until his puncture, so he may surprise. Latvala was in great form the second half of last season. Will Mikkelsen finally get his act together?

Only couple of days left.

AnttiL
21st January 2019, 06:27
My favourite for Monte win is Tänak. He has been strong in the last two Montes and has firmly settled in the new team. Of course Ogier, Neuville, Loeb and Latvala will be strong as well, but to me Tänak has the best chances for victory.

er88
21st January 2019, 07:46
Think Tanak is the favourite too. For the win in Monte and for the championship overall - he's been good the last two years and you can't overlook how dominant he was from Finland onwards last season. Surely Jari and Meeke can't compete with him across the full season in terms of pace and results (well Meeke might try but will probably end up pushing too hard).

Entertainer
21st January 2019, 08:12
Think Tanak is the favourite too. For the win in Monte and for the championship overall - he's been good the last two years and you can't overlook how dominant he was from Finland onwards last season. Surely Jari and Meeke can't compete with him across the full season in terms of pace and results (well Meeke might try but will probably end up pushing too hard).

Tanak here too for the win, and Ogier and Neuville with him on the podium. Hopefully Tidemand has a cracker of a debut! Agree with EstWRC, so damn excited! Friday's work-efficiency will be looow...

AL14
21st January 2019, 09:33
Guys, the wait is over. Today the rallying week starts with drivers starting their recce at lunch time.

Man im so excited...so many questions to be answered. How fast will Meeke be against Latvala and Tänak? How have Ogier and Lappi settled in their new team? Same questions for Loeb. What can Tidemand do on his debut? Monte isnt the best rally to get these answers but we will get some kind of picture.

The favourites for me definitely are the two Sebs. They have won it so many times and their experience is huge. Lappi did very well last year until his puncture, so he may surprise. Latvala was in great form the second half of last season. Will Mikkelsen finally get his act together?

Only couple of days left.

Can't wait to taste some Estonian Liqueur or beer in november. :)

gorganl2000
21st January 2019, 10:02
i'm looking forward to it as well. So many unknown variables and team/driver changes which all add to the mystery. Under normal circumstances it may be a slight advantage for those drivers who remained in the same teams and know the car versus those who have moved to different teams, but this is the Monte and anything can happen. Experience counts a lot here (and luck lol).

rage82
21st January 2019, 11:19
Start of the recce for Suninen: https://mobile.twitter.com/TeemuSuninenRac/status/1087297671080169472

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

BobJones
21st January 2019, 14:05
He has good taste in smartphones.

satukata
21st January 2019, 14:26
how are the conditions in stages? any snow and ice? any recce info? any pictures?

EstWRC
21st January 2019, 15:01
what a mess its livery is. so random

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxccwMXX0AEGceg.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxccyGLXcAETgv-.jpg

https://twitter.com/RALLYGIF/status/1087370331252293634

able1
21st January 2019, 15:21
It looks better with red rims

Fast Eddie WRC
21st January 2019, 16:11
Loeb says its hard for him coming into Monte with a new car, little testing and new stages. But he hopes to score Manu points.

steve.mandzij
21st January 2019, 16:22
The 2019 rally circus starts today! Here's to hoping for a Podium for Latvala to start the season off on the right foot.

dimviii
21st January 2019, 17:33
@eWRCresults

Gravel crews @RallySportMag
Loeb - Patrick Magaud
Mikkelsen - Bernt Kollevold
Neuville - Bruno Thiry
Evans - Gwyndaf Evans
Suninen - Juuso Pykalisto
Tidemand - Emil Bergkvist
Greensmith - Antoine l’Estage
Latvala - Tony Gardemeister
Tänak - Martin Kangur
Meeke - Stephen Whitford

dimviii
21st January 2019, 17:44
Veibys polo at service park

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dxcc2L3X4AIxs2V.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dxcc2LsWkAADOTu.jpg

dimviii
21st January 2019, 17:47
Robert Reid

@robertreidwrc

Monte Carlo Rally starts later this week so soon we’ll find out how all the driver changes are going to play out. A dry Monte could show us the form book for the year whereas a snowy and icy event can often give a different result.

EstWRC
21st January 2019, 17:49
Recce of Col de Turini https://youtu.be/9BB4ksVMIH4

dimviii
21st January 2019, 18:10
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxdC-8RX4AIoRkY.jpg

dimviii
21st January 2019, 18:19
Greensmith Katsuta testing

https://youtu.be/O5fO_h2HR6A

dimviii
21st January 2019, 18:25
https://scontent.flgg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/50763250_10156639067205733_8989633766213287936_o.j pg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent.flgg1-1.fna&oh=0474a3b364fce4e29317b126d241576a&oe=5CB47C4A
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxcyyR-WsAAbCqh.jpg
http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2019/post-2607-0-17853100-1548091864.jpg
http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2019/post-2607-0-20735800-1548091888.jpg

mknight
21st January 2019, 19:03
For me the biggest unknown in terms of pace is Meeke. He has a long history of pushing hard and crashing on Monte but also some good results with DS3. Then in 2018 he drove at slower pace but kept it on the road without issues and ended 4th. I was praising him here how a mature drive that was and bode well for rest of the year....

This year it's a new team, car and completely new position of "3rd" driver, really wonder how that goes.

-----------
I'd still bet on Ogier over Tanak here as long as it's not completely dry whole weekend. Loeb 3-4ish, together with Neuville.

Mirek
21st January 2019, 19:03
Greensmith Katsuta testing

https://youtu.be/O5fO_h2HR6A

I feel like the works car has a new sound. Don't You think so?

dimviii
21st January 2019, 19:29

Mirek when some videos play faster than normal the sound change too.

Mirek
21st January 2019, 19:30
Mirek when some videos play faster than normal the sound change too.

Yes but we have both cars in the same video. The car of Greensmith has a different sound than Katsuta's (at least for me) and a different one than I know while Katsuta's car has a pretty standard Fiesta sound.

EstWRC
21st January 2019, 19:35
Another recce vid https://youtu.be/qdaDUuk2wAE

dimviii
21st January 2019, 19:36
Yes but we have both cars in the same video. The car of Greensmith has a different sound than Katsuta's (at least for me) and a different one than I know while Katsuta's car has a pretty standard Fiesta sound.

yes they have different sounds these 2 cars,but thats not strange/new among factory/client cars.Different sound can create a different engine map for example.
Video is playing faster though,and that changes the sound,specially at antilag. I have watch it at plenty of wrc cars test videos too

Zeakiwi
21st January 2019, 19:40
Are any tweaks/ changes to the anti-lag system on the R5 Fiesta published on an official FIA homologation form?

dimviii
21st January 2019, 19:44
Are any tweaks/ changes to the anti-lag system on the R5 Fiesta published on an official FIA homologation form?

if changes are at hardwear you need homologation change,but a different antilag map. can create different sound with same hardwear.

T16
21st January 2019, 20:08
Veibys polo at service park

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dxcc2L3X4AIxs2V.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dxcc2LsWkAADOTu.jpg

A superb example of a privateer producing a livery better than all the works teams. Top job.

Mirek
21st January 2019, 20:17
Do you really like this no-livery or are you being sarcastic?

T16
21st January 2019, 20:21
Do you really like this no-livery or are you being sarcastic?

No, I think it looks superb.

mknight
21st January 2019, 20:32

Sordo doing recce. Doesn't look like he plans to retire after this year then.

Also most of the crews look really stressed/focused.

Jarek Z
21st January 2019, 20:42
No, I think it looks superb.

Are you serious? A 6-year-old kid can make something like that in 5 minutes :)

er88
21st January 2019, 20:48
Sordo doing recce. Doesn't look like he plans to retire after this year then.

??

Tarmop
21st January 2019, 20:52
Like a cheap company Polo for its workers.:D

Entertainer
21st January 2019, 20:56
"For the first time the Shakedown will be televised with WRC and WRC2 Pro crews making their first runs in promotional order."

From RallysportMag.com
https://rallysportmag.com/wrc-starts-again-2019-monte-carlo-rally-preview/?fbclid=IwAR1a9gDRP92M5lXCrOyPmBz7WvG2kZxLD0rwcHN9 peq4eTDJAnKjScgLpHw

What, where, how? I can't find any info of it on WrcPlus. Will it be on the facebook-page? The Monte-facebook-page?

Andre Oliveira
21st January 2019, 21:07
There it is on WRC+ EPG

Essaj
21st January 2019, 21:09
Could it already be Thursday :rolleyes:

danon
21st January 2019, 21:16
A superb example of a privateer producing a livery better than all the works teams. Top job.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/348caef7f383e12d740d7777726e54a3/tenor.gif?itemid=9271200

EstWRC
21st January 2019, 21:19
Monte recce crash https://www.facebook.com/rallyemag/videos/374727450007319/

MartijnS
21st January 2019, 21:28
Few years old.

Jarek Z
21st January 2019, 21:31
Yes, it's an old video, I'm sure I saw it more than 3 years ago.

T16
21st January 2019, 21:31
Are you serious? A 6-year-old kid can make something like that in 5 minutes :)

Yes. It's to the point, the sponsor logo isn't lost amongst a load of other shit... yeah, I like it, but there again, I very much dislike most of the works teams' mixed colour schemes. I guess we are all allowed to like different things ey.

T16
21st January 2019, 21:33
https://media1.tenor.com/images/348caef7f383e12d740d7777726e54a3/tenor.gif?itemid=9271200

Looks like I owe you a cup of tea.

EstWRC
21st January 2019, 21:35
Few years old.

ahh i didnt know that, sorry.

Jarek Z
21st January 2019, 21:47
Yes. It's to the point, the sponsor logo isn't lost amongst a load of other shit... yeah, I like it, but there again, I very much dislike most of the works teams' mixed colour schemes. I guess we are all allowed to like different things ey.

Yes, a matter of taste.

It looks a little different than during the Sigdalsrally last week:

http://www.autoklub.pl/media/201901/130100-veiby.jpg

SubaruNorway
21st January 2019, 21:50
The Polo looks a bit like Noddy's or Donald Duck's car with those small rims and big tires

ToughMac
21st January 2019, 22:03
The Polo looks a bit like Noddy's or Donald Duck's car with those small rims and big tires

That suspension travel though! You could mistake it for being the Polo WRC just with a different spoiler!

Fast Eddie WRC
21st January 2019, 22:06
"For the first time the Shakedown will be televised with WRC and WRC2 Pro crews making their first runs in promotional order."

From RallysportMag.com
https://rallysportmag.com/wrc-starts-again-2019-monte-carlo-rally-preview/?fbclid=IwAR1a9gDRP92M5lXCrOyPmBz7WvG2kZxLD0rwcHN9 peq4eTDJAnKjScgLpHw

What, where, how? I can't find any info of it on WrcPlus. Will it be on the facebook-page? The Monte-facebook-page?

There it is on WRC+ EPG

Shakedown is listed live on BT Sport but I dont see it on WRC+ (website or App) just the opening ceremony.

Entertainer
22nd January 2019, 07:35
Shakedown is listed live on BT Sport but I dont see it on WRC+ (website or App) just the opening ceremony.

Exactly, I cant find it on WRC+, neither the EPG nor the list..
Screenshot Andre Oliveira?

pantealex
22nd January 2019, 08:19
Yes, a matter of taste.

It looks a little different than during the Sigdalsrally last week:

http://www.autoklub.pl/media/201901/130100-veiby.jpg

That´s Kristofferssons car (Veiby driving it) and light blue is BRR car.
I like that Monte version.

dodge33cymru
22nd January 2019, 08:22

They just put it on YouTube streaming in Spain didn't they?

spiderem
22nd January 2019, 09:37

1) Why does Meeke always look so upset?
2) Looks like rally enthusiast PlanetMarcus is enjoying the recce too :)

T16
22nd January 2019, 10:08

Brilliant... Ogier signing a VW and Loeb signing a Citroen!

Allez Andruet
22nd January 2019, 10:45
Anyone else finding it strange that Sordo is doing the recce? I thought it was the worst kept secret that this would be his last season. But, if that's the case, I guess there would be plenty of other options instead of driving around Southern France for couple of days doing pacenotes?

irish_tiger
22nd January 2019, 10:50

I think you could be right ....

Rally Hokkaido
22nd January 2019, 10:56
Car 36 Co-Driver, Victor Bellotto is doing a daily blog (mostly in French, but Google translation is OK) with pix for those interested in learning about Monte from a privateer's viewpoint. https://worldrallystories.com/2019/01/21/jour-0-mon-monte-carlo-2019/?fbclid=IwAR1bvwGJjfKbEzsfoeCfIdVVEL0ZILfVmnl_C01O FEM25MqQlH4R9i0h5hQ

N.O.T
22nd January 2019, 11:10

of course you are allowed to like different things brittish special boy.... but we are allowed to point out that if you like shit your taste is shit...i guess, ey ?

dupanton
22nd January 2019, 12:15
Anyone else finding it strange that Sordo is doing the recce? I thought it was the worst kept secret that this would be his last season. But, if that's the case, I guess there would be plenty of other options instead of driving around Southern France for couple of days doing pacenotes?

Maybe he will be gravel crew?

T16
22nd January 2019, 12:33
of course you are allowed to like different things brittish special boy.... but we are allowed to point out that if you like shit your taste is shit...i guess, ey ?

You obviously struggle to read, little Greek child.

rallyfiend
22nd January 2019, 12:34

There is every chance that Sordo was booked to do the recce in case there was any issue around Loeb being able to compete.

Bring Sordo up to drive the entry. He speak French as well, so could try to do it with Elena. Better than not running the car.

jacko
22nd January 2019, 14:49

For sure not strange to me because first it's still possible he's driving the (WRC-)car in 2020, he's after-all a tarmac-specialist and if Mikkelsen is not there anymore why not. Second he has a lot of experience as a driver, so his eyes (on the recce) are extra, maybe he's seeing something and share it with the other drivers. Sounds to me as a bonus. They can compare the notes for example.
Three he can step in last-minute if Neuville, Loeb or Mikkelsen suddenly won't start because of something.

dimviii
22nd January 2019, 18:03
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxgtkBpXcAAkGYI.jpg

EstWRC
22nd January 2019, 18:57
Service park video https://youtu.be/uAZoM6WVkek

Japé
22nd January 2019, 19:28
Any pre-event guesses how many SS will be cancelled because stupidly positioned spectators? Would be shame to lose even one.

Rallyper
22nd January 2019, 20:01
Both Thursday night... :) :)

Tarmop
22nd January 2019, 20:04
Live TV stages (first at least) so probably more personnel to avoid that. Has happened and could happen ofc.

Got Mail
22nd January 2019, 20:09
Service park video https://youtu.be/uAZoM6WVkek

TGS setup for Rovenpera looks a little on the 'budget' side.

AnttiL
22nd January 2019, 21:10
SS2 pics by Hartusvuori. No snow.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxiQ5bxWsAAujTF.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxiQ6RvWoAATXK5.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxiQ7fNWwAEM2rT.jpg

https://twitter.com/HartusvuoriWRC/status/1087778686693269504

mknight
22nd January 2019, 21:15
Some precipitation coming mid-day Wednesday. Can be snow at the higher parts.

Essaj
22nd January 2019, 21:26
TGS setup for Rovenpera looks a little on the 'budget' side.

How is that? they have just 1 car to service + their service side is mostly in Finland where there is Arctic Rally going in the same time with multiple cars in their service

EstWRC
23rd January 2019, 05:34
all the pictures i have seen so far of the stages it has been basically bone dry with a few icy and snowy patches here and there.

er88
23rd January 2019, 06:46
all the pictures i have seen so far of the stages it has been basically bone dry with a few icy and snowy patches here and there.Plays into Tanak's hands. Ogiers ability in the changeable conditions is what normally sets him apart on this event.

(Although maybe a dry rally is better for the C3)

Would love to see a 4 way fight between Ogier, Tanak, Neuville and Loeb. Can't see anyone else beating those guys unless we get chaos with some weather.

EstWRC
23rd January 2019, 07:15
Im also thinking that the Citroen drivers would prefer more dry conditions.

I have to disappoint you guys about Tänak...He has been quite laid back in the pre-season interviews to estonian media. Sayin he just wants to score good points from Monte and the win isnt his main target but if he has a chance to fight for the win then he will of course.

and why the hell they moved the shakedown to Thursday?

we would have had action today already.

i just cant wait.

KKS
23rd January 2019, 07:39
Would love to see a 4 way fight between Ogier, Tanak, Neuville and Loeb. Can't see anyone else beating those guys unless we get chaos with some weather.Will win driver with friend hotel-owner in mountains ). One stage with changed weather mess-up all rally.

AnttiL
23rd January 2019, 07:53
and why the hell they moved the shakedown to Thursday?

we would have had action today already.

Well, then we wouldn't have any action on Thursday morning :D

In previous years the shakedown was driven at Gap but the ceremonial start was in Monaco 250 km away. They needed an extra day to move the cars to Monaco for the start. This year they do the ceremonial start also in Gap, so it's a configuration similar to most other rallies.

Got Mail
23rd January 2019, 10:51
Better to spend the budget on the car not on a building to keep flunkies and journos warm and fed. Proper servicing wouldn't have a tent anyway just a couple of guys and estate car...

When they are representing a global manufacturer in one of their biggest markets on the World stage?

I think we will need to disagree on this one.

AnttiL
23rd January 2019, 10:58
More reports by Hartusvuori.

SS1. Some snow. Last pic is the chicane.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxlzYXlXQAE83rb.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dxlzb63X0AADauN.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxlziaTXQAA9VTD.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dxlzm0iXgAAuzLR.jpg

https://twitter.com/HartusvuoriWRC/status/1088027940338712577

SS5/8

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxlX3gfWkAAu2yG.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxlX9UXXgAESGg-.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxlX_qeWoAYSk_t.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxlYCE7WoAMC408.jpg

https://twitter.com/HartusvuoriWRC/status/1087997757737091072

Also it's reportedly snowing a bit in Gap right now.

trifonvl
23rd January 2019, 11:17
Snowing in Gap!
http://www.ville-gap.fr/node/139

hari
23rd January 2019, 11:45
Light snow now on SS3 Valdrôme - Sigottier

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxmEfa1WkAAPBsr.jpg

dimviii
23rd January 2019, 12:13
ss 9/11

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190123/2e0e46c22e65ac90b0b331fd06b19f4a.jpg

dimviii
23rd January 2019, 12:22
Rallirinki / Teemu

@HartusvuoriWRC

Shakedown Gap. It's snowing right now with -3°. Shakedown itself is the same old. Equal number of spectators and no public signs expected. #RallyeMonteCarlo

EstWRC
23rd January 2019, 12:27
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/50581449_1141596745995839_457279099216330752_o.jpg ?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-arn2-1.xx&oh=07ea22929a3266f09b1ed639ecb81534&oe=5CC851F4
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/50498883_1141597015995812_2973102660099506176_o.jp g?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-arn2-1.xx&oh=0fe765aaaa4ab8b87beb59c3812f4add&oe=5CF7CCFA
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/51029425_1141597065995807_706943276095111168_o.jpg ?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-arn2-1.xx&oh=9b82431f1c3405dfb38574f0fbd5a273&oe=5CBAFC2C
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/51158903_1141597479329099_8272747108251992064_o.jp g?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent-arn2-1.xx&oh=5d2207f8144c3fe8c34bc880beba89c2&oe=5CC73008
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/51185589_1173613502798632_728734617305088000_o.jpg ?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-arn2-1.xx&oh=f59e2c15381eb3aa4256828929f1693f&oe=5CC7B11A
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/50773159_1173613519465297_5168818704934240256_o.jp g?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-arn2-1.xx&oh=dd17aa88d3eee757f3b90d88d7cb1642&oe=5CBF18EE

credits https://www.facebook.com/pg/atWorldphotography/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1140645362757644
https://www.facebook.com/pg/damiensaulnierphotographie/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1173613436131972

EstWRC
23rd January 2019, 12:35
new vid of service park with cars being fired up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kehYGWYcv9Y

interesting that Toyota has the old rear aero, they did all the Monte tests with the new one.

Mirek
23rd January 2019, 12:37
Seeing the photos from stages makes me sad especially considering we have tons of snow here anywhere upon 500 meters altitude.

dimviii
23rd January 2019, 13:34
http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2019/post-157-0-60173800-1548248271.jpg

Crazy J
23rd January 2019, 14:09
With the state of global warming, 2020 stages should be moved even higher on the mountains to get the proper Monte feeling.

And same goes to Sweden as well.

Tarmop
23rd January 2019, 14:13
North region has proper winter conditions and temperatures this year...it has always been like that, with some years of good winter followed by winters with less snow and cold.

dupanton
23rd January 2019, 14:53
Here in Belgium we had 10cm of snow at sea level... It's melting again here close to the sea, but for sure it will stay for quite some time in the hills to the east of the country (not high altitude at all)

dimviii
23rd January 2019, 15:16
Jonne halttunen

@JonneHalttunen

This is example of SS9/11 which was almost 100% dry few hours before this ��

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dxmz-_SWkAA0ovo.jpg

er88
23rd January 2019, 15:22
We've almost been spoilt in recent seasons with the snow/ice and vastly changeable conditions.

Personally wouldn't mind if it's mainly dry to get a proper gauge of who's where with performance, due to all the driver and car changes this silly season.

However even this little dusting of snow could be enough to make it a difficult Monte. Could leave some conditions totally different to the recce, with a lot of work to be done for the gravel crews. Or maybe it will all just melt away...

dimviii
23rd January 2019, 15:27
turini

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxlX6mEWwAA7FyM.jpg

Googol
23rd January 2019, 16:16
With the state of global warming, 2020 stages should be moved even higher on the mountains to get the proper Monte feeling.

And same goes to Sweden as well.
I think temperaturewise it seems to have been a somewhat normal winter, but there has been very little precipitation.

Fast Eddie WRC
23rd January 2019, 16:23
Yesterday I drove in rain, hailstones, sleet and snow falling at different times. Then a freezing night and the side-roads were covered in sheet ice this morning.

And now freezing fog is forming.

Great weather for getting in the mood for Monte ! :)

ToughMac
23rd January 2019, 16:35
http://forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_01_2019/post-157-0-60173800-1548248271.jpg

I'd quite happily have that pic framed and put hanging on my living room wall

Essaj
23rd January 2019, 16:50
I'd quite happily have that pic framed and put hanging on my living room wall

Here is a link to a full size photo of that if you want to do it :) https://www.redbullcontentpool.com/international/AP-1Y58J5TU12111

noel157
23rd January 2019, 17:28
Don't think I've signed on here for a few months but looking forward to the usual interesting discussions, mostly : ), and first class knowledge of many.

Assume start list is based on '18 championship positions?

Kradovech
23rd January 2019, 17:56
I thought I'd say hi while everyone is waiting for the start of the season tomorrow. After almost a year of lurking I decided to sign up here and also take a chance at the pickems.

I guess I'm a guy who some would consider "not a real rally fan" I used to follow the sport as a youngster back in the Märtin-Mäkinen-Grönholm-McRae days. Then came the years of domination by one driver and I gradually lost interest. Until. A few years ago, I discovered that some of the stages were broadcasted live on tv. I started watching again. Last year I was watching Montes friday highlights on Estonian TV and was absolutely appalled at the lack of quality of the voiceover. I figured that there had to be a possibility to watch the original show in english and to my surprise discovered it was possible to watch all the stages live. Signed up for the free month and although the quality was very poor for the first 2 rallies, I was completely sucked in. Many wasted weekends behind my TV later I can say I now have a much better grasp of the sport and its rules than I ever did before.

My wish for 2019, apart for Tänak's victory (Come on, you all saw my location :)), is to have an even fight right up until the last rallies.

As for Monte, my mind says Ogier will triumph but my heart says Ott will take the win. Lets see which is right...

pantealex
23rd January 2019, 17:57
Assume start list is based on '18 championship positions?

Yes, Ogier, Neuville, Tänak, JML, Lappi ...

Rallyper
23rd January 2019, 18:08
I thought I'd say hi while everyone is waiting for the start of the season tomorrow. After almost a year of lurking I decided to sign up here and also take a chance at the pickems.

I guess I'm a guy who some would consider "not a real rally fan" I used to follow the sport as a youngster back in the Märtin-Mäkinen-Grönholm-McRae days. Then came the years of domination by one driver and I gradually lost interest. Until. A few years ago, I discovered that some of the stages were broadcasted live on tv. I started watching again. Last year I was watching Montes friday highlights on Estonian TV and was absolutely appalled at the lack of quality of the voiceover. I figured that there had to be a possibility to watch the original show in english and to my surprise discovered it was possible to watch all the stages live. Signed up for the free month and although the quality was very poor for the first 2 rallies, I was completely sucked in. Many wasted weekends behind my TV later I can say I now have a much better grasp of the sport and its rules than I ever did before.

My wish for 2019, apart for Tänak's victory (Come on, you all saw my location :)), is to have an even fight right up until the last rallies.

As for Monte, my mind says Ogier will triumph but my heart says Ott will take the win. Lets see which is right...

Ok, welcome to the genuine world wide motorsportforum for Rallying, Kradovech.

ToughMac
23rd January 2019, 19:03
Here is a link to a full size photo of that if you want to do it :) https://www.redbullcontentpool.com/international/AP-1Y58J5TU12111

Absolutely class, thanks 😀.

dimviii
23rd January 2019, 19:40
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxnGi37WoAAcf3t.jpg

mknight
23rd January 2019, 20:07
Looked up betting odds for fun:

Tanak 3
Ogier 3.25
Loeb 6
Neuville 7.5
Latvala 8
Lappi/Meeke 15
Mikkelsen 17
Evans 23
Suninen 34
Tidemand 41

I find it a bit inconsistent that they rank Ogier behind Tanak but at the same time put Loeb ahead of Neuville when both are in very similar situation.

swanny
23rd January 2019, 20:26
With that media circus Hyundai are so far happy with their investment...

AnttiL
23rd January 2019, 20:32
I guess I'm a guy who some would consider "not a real rally fan" I used to follow the sport as a youngster back in the Märtin-Mäkinen-Grönholm-McRae days. Then came the years of domination by one driver and I gradually lost interest.
Welcome back! I have a similar history, following closely throughout the 90's and then dropping out at early 00's and returning in 2017. I guess we just skipped the boring years and now got back when the action is better than ever.

N.O.T
23rd January 2019, 20:55
Welcome back! I have a similar history, following closely throughout the 90's and then dropping out at early 00's and returning in 2017. I guess we just skipped the boring years and now got back when the action is better than ever.

seasonal fans... the laughing stock of sports.

you found boring witnessing the best motorsports driver ever existed creating history ???? or it was too painfull watching him beating those finnish doggys like dogs without an owners ???

what a masterless dog...

kirungi okwogera
23rd January 2019, 21:24
I don't agree with N.O.T often but you really did miss out on some great driving if you didn't watch some years of Loeb. It's worth revisiting just to see his magnificent technique.

danon
23rd January 2019, 22:24
... Then came the years of domination by one driver and I gradually lost interest. Until...

... and The Dominator is back. It seems your nightmare is not over yet...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxnGi37WoAAcf3t.jpg