PDA

View Full Version : WRC ADAC Deutschland Rallye 2018

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

jbmarcus21
12th April 2018, 16:42
2018 ADAC Deutschland Rallye road program include 18 stages : one new super special stage open it (St Wendel) & one new Power Stage "Bosenberg" finished it, check full details ► http://bit.ly/2HssHkp

jbmarcus21
13th April 2018, 17:02
Update ADAC Deutschland Rallye road program with timing + kms + Shakedown in St Wendeler Land : full details ► http://bit.ly/2HssHkp

CWJ
13th April 2018, 20:17
All maps all live

https://www.rallyekarte.de/Rallye-Deutschland-2018

RS
29th April 2018, 11:22
Commentator on BT yesterday said Citroen would have three cars in Germany, Loeb again?

KiwiWRCfan
29th April 2018, 12:16
Commentator on BT yesterday said Citroen would have three cars in Germany, Loeb again?

Does anyone know what Al Qassimi's program is for remainder of this year ?

RS
29th April 2018, 12:30
Does anyone know what Al Qassimi's program is for remainder of this year ?

The way the guy said it suggested it would be a good driver.

EstWRC
29th April 2018, 12:32
maybe Mads again or Loeb then.

cant see anyone else besides those.

AnttiL
15th June 2018, 07:22
I realized that Neuville secured basically road opener position for Deutschland, which will be a great advantage. He would have to retire Finland with Ogier winning and even getting power stage points in order to lose that position.

sonnybobiche
15th June 2018, 16:06
I realized that Neuville secured basically road opener position for Deutschland, which will be a great advantage. He would have to retire Finland with Ogier winning and even getting power stage points in order to lose that position.

On the other hand, Saturday+Sunday runs in reverse rally order, so even if Thierry takes a few seconds out of him by pulling dirt in from the cuts, Ogier will have nicely rubbered-in lines for the next two days, especially on Panzerplatte, where cutting would be ill-advised. Plus, if I were Neuville, I'm not sure how many deep cuts I would be comfortable taking, given what happened last year. Yeah, I'm sure Hyundai think they've fixed the problem, but they've thought that for five years and it keeps coming back in one form or another.

GravelBen
16th June 2018, 02:27
We can be fairly sure that if Neuville wins then Ogier will probably blame his road position anyway. ;)

ESTR
16th June 2018, 06:47
Typical. always blame other than himself.

AnttiL
18th June 2018, 07:34
On the other hand, Saturday+Sunday runs in reverse rally order, so even if Thierry takes a few seconds out of him by pulling dirt in from the cuts, Ogier will have nicely rubbered-in lines for the next two days, especially on Panzerplatte, where cutting would be ill-advised.

On Friday Neuville will be the one with a clear advantage to others with the clean road. On Saturday and Sunday we will see someone like Al-Qassimi or Kremer open the road and take that advantage. I'm not expecting Ogier to be that far from Neuville in terms of positions at the end of Friday - after all his starting position is the second best - so we could see them being quite equal in terms of road positions on Saturday and Sunday.

Tarmop
18th June 2018, 08:42
Last year it was won from 3rd starting place so too early to speculate. Weather and other factors...Neuville could theoretically be 2nd again etc.

AnttiL
18th June 2018, 09:02
Neuville was starting the first last year as well, but he went off in SS3 (SS2 was a short stage) and in addition to time loss he lost a lot of his front aero, thus not being able to take any advantage of the starting position. Tänak also got a considerable advantage by winning his gamble with the wet tyres on the first day.

I didn't meant to speculate further, just noticed that in practice Neuville will most likely be first on the road which is considered the best starting place for Rally Deutschland. That's all. :)

Franky
24th June 2018, 11:40
Is the historic event still running during the rally or it has stopped? I remember that there were historics running during the break between the morning and afternoon loop.

tc10a
24th June 2018, 16:04
Is the historic event still running during the rally or it has stopped? I remember that there were historics running during the break between the morning and afternoon loop.

Stopped after a tragic fatal accident (driver and codriver) on the Panzerplatte in 2013.

Franky
24th June 2018, 16:16
Stopped after a tragic fatal accident (driver and codriver) on the Panzerplatte in 2013.

Wasn't there an accident in 2012 on Panzerplatte, which meant that the second run of the stage was cancelled?

Pity, would had loved to taken a few photos of them.

tommeke_B
24th June 2018, 16:20
Wasn't there an accident in 2012 on Panzerplatte, which meant that the second run of the stage was cancelled?

Pity, would had loved to taken a few photos of them.

It was 2013 when that accident happened. But indeed, since then they don't run the "slowly sideways" anymore. The cars themselves were very nice, but to be honest, seeing them being driven was always disappointing.

Franky
24th June 2018, 16:34
Yeah, they drove them at best as fast as the gravel crews were going through the stage.

dupanton
25th June 2018, 07:51
Skoda Belgium driver Sebastien Bedoret will do WRC Germany with his Fabia R5. Only started driving an R5 this year, but is making progress fast. Don't expect him to be near the top, but curious to see what he can achieve.

RS
10th July 2018, 19:02
Looks like it’s Kopecky and Rovanpera for Skoda in Germany.

pantealex
11th July 2018, 08:21
Kajetan Kajetanowicz confirmed to WRC2

AnttiL
13th July 2018, 16:56
https://www.rallit.fi/saksalaiskonkarin-ja-tommi-makisen-neuvottelut-ohi-lopulta-oli-annettava-periksi/

In Finnish: Kremer tried to rent a Yaris but the negotiations failed. It also states Suninen is in the third Fiesta...

Tarmop
13th July 2018, 19:48
https://www.rallit.fi/saksalaiskonkarin-ja-tommi-makisen-neuvottelut-ohi-lopulta-oli-annettava-periksi/

In Finnish: Kremer tried to rent a Yaris but the negotiations failed. It also states Suninen is in the third Fiesta...

Interesting. M-Sport was more than happy to give him a fourth car last year.

ESTR
13th July 2018, 22:52
Serderidis will drive one, but with old aero package.

ruesluporp
18th July 2018, 08:39
Rally Guide 2 is available!

ID: ADACmedia
Password: ard-media

https://www.adac-rallye-deutschland.de/uk/teilnehmer/static/

ruesluporp
18th July 2018, 20:30
Onboard videos available too at:
https://www.adac-rallye-deutschland.de/uk/roadbook/static/

Andre Oliveira
30th July 2018, 16:01
Entry list?

ESTR
30th July 2018, 17:41
Take it easy, pal

Duvel
30th July 2018, 19:51
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q16Ehrw1yXA&feature=share

Anyone how knows this place on Freisen? Probably not the same action as last year, but you never know if it would rain.

BigWorm
31st July 2018, 10:04
https://www.adac-rallye-deutschland.de/docs/wrc/2018/static/179/Entrylist_180726.pdf

Entries

AnttiL
31st July 2018, 13:29
So in the end Suninen with Fiesta #3. Originally his program included this rally with R5

gheeD
31st July 2018, 13:36
Yep. I think he slipped it out in facebook video interview clip after neste rally yesterday, That he will be doing rally deutschland in WRC car for the first time and also complete rest of the season. I think there were some uncertainty that he would do some rallies end of season in r5 car

AnttiL
31st July 2018, 14:19
https://itgetsfasternow.wordpress.com/2018/07/31/route-preview-rally-deutschland-2018/

My route preview. Less fast countryside roads this year, more vineyards.

wrcvojta
31st July 2018, 16:23
Hi everyone,

I am planning the trip to Germany. On friday, my choice is Mittelmosel 2x, but I really hesitate about saturday. I would like to visit service park either at midday or in the evening. Your ideas?

Thank you so much for your answers :)

rallye-vid
31st July 2018, 16:34
Saturday evening is better. After two runs of Panzerplatte the cars will be "rebuild" a lot.

But there will be many ppl as well ;)

wrcvojta
31st July 2018, 16:46
And do you think it´s possible to be in time in service from 2. run of Panzerplatte? I´m going for the first time so I´ve no experience... :)

tommeke_B
31st July 2018, 16:56
And do you think it´s possible to be in time in service from 2. run of Panzerplatte? I´m going for the first time so I´ve no experience... :)

Plenty of time. You can watch all cars on Panzerplatte 1 and 2 and still be in time for service.

tc10a
31st July 2018, 18:05
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q16Ehrw1yXA&feature=share
Anyone how knows this place on Freisen? Probably not the same action as last year, but you never know if it would rain.

Its here: https://www.google.at/maps/place/49%C2%B032'31.5%22N+7%C2%B015'02.5%22E/@49.54207,7.2498976,276m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m14!1m7!3m6!1s0x4795ebf486158d2 b:0x422d4d510dc3af0!2s66629+Freisen,+Deutschland!3 b1!8m2!3d49.5523382!4d7.2488774!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2! 8m2!3d49.5420705!4d7.2506997

Duvel
31st July 2018, 19:24
[QUOTE=tc10a;1187800]Its here: https://www.google.at/maps/place/49%C2%B032'31.5%22N+7%C2%B015'02.5%22E/@49.54207,7.2498976,276m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m14!1m7!3m6!1s0x4795ebf486158d2 b:0x422d4d510dc3af0!2s66629+Freisen,+Deutschland!3 b1!8m2!3d49.5523382!4d7.2488774!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2! 8m2!3d49.5420705!4d7.2506997[/QUOT

Thanks!

PLuto
31st July 2018, 22:35
So in the end Suninen with Fiesta #3. Originally his program included this rally with R5

Originally Fiesta #3 was prepared for Bouffier...

AnttiL
1st August 2018, 07:41
Originally Fiesta #3 was prepared for Bouffier...

I thought Camilli would have done the tarmac rounds and Argentina, then Bouffier was a last minute substitute for him

BigWorm
1st August 2018, 10:59
Bouffier was asked to do Monte and Corsica, the #3 Fiesta for this rally was a mystery until the Suninen news broke

sindroms
1st August 2018, 11:17
https://www.adac-rallye-deutschland.de/docs/wrc/2018/static/179/Entrylist_180726.pdf

Entries

Nice surprise to see Martins Sesks in.

BigWorm
1st August 2018, 17:56
That WRC-2 entry list is really exciting by the way! Lots of top names in the category

AnttiL
1st August 2018, 18:19
That WRC-2 entry list is really exciting by the way! Lots of top names in the category

Not that Kopecky wouldn’t win though ;)

EstWRC
1st August 2018, 20:28
I can not wait, im expecting a great and tight battle between the Championship TOP3 followed by Sordo. Citroen is good on tarmac but Ostberg is crap on it and Breen lacks experience and their starting position isnt best. Breen likes tarmac though, maybe this time he will surprise?

Lappi was doing great in Corsica but that rally is with totally different road characteristics than germany. Mikkelsen did great last year but is a huge let down this season. Same with Evans.

Allez Andruet
1st August 2018, 20:46
I can not wait, im expecting a great and tight battle between the Championship TOP3 followed by Sordo.
Don't worry, after last weekend - no matter what the surface is - there's only one favorite. If only the ever-so-reliable Yaris doesn't let him down, there's no-one stopping Tänak.

mknight
1st August 2018, 21:51
Don't worry, after last weekend - no matter what the surface is - there's only one favorite. If only the ever-so-reliable Yaris doesn't let him down, there's no-one stopping Tänak.

Let's turn this around.

"After Sardinia - no matter what the surface is - there is only one favorite. The one that beat 5 time WDC in a straight fight"

or different:

"After Corsica - mo matter what the surface is - there is only one favorite. The 5 times WDC that just won on both surfaces in a row"

Ohh wait... it's a bit more complicated that this.

Allez Andruet
1st August 2018, 22:11
Let's turn this around.

"After Sardinia - no matter what the surface is - there is only one favorite. The one that beat 5 time WDC in a straight fight"

or different:

"After Corsica - mo matter what the surface is - there is only one favorite. The 5 times WDC that just won on both surfaces in a row"

Ohh wait... it's a bit more complicated that this.

It sure is, but - I think - there's no denying of Tänak's momentum, which has been somewhat "on" for the whole of 2018. Finland was just an example, although a very good one ;). We all remember what he did in Germany last year, don't we?

mknight
1st August 2018, 22:23
It sure is, but - I think - there's no denying of Tänak's momentum, which has been somewhat "on" for the whole of 2018. Finland was just an example, although a very good one ;). We all remember what he did in Germany last year, don't we?

Not really, off course it's the last thing you remember. But the two retirements before don't add much momentum.....

As to Tanak being fast in Finland, well where else should he be fast? He always liked fast stages and Yaris is made there and tested forever on same stages. It's more like if he wasn't fast there it would be huge surprise.

The impressive part was his speed on Friday 3rd on the road yes, doesn't change the rest though.

AnttiL
2nd August 2018, 07:30
Tänak was also 2nd in Monte and Corsica. The tarmac pace is there.

Will Neuville be able to capitalize on his start position? Last year he instead ripped the aeros off

mknight
2nd August 2018, 09:11
Well surely he has shown good tarmac pace this year.
I'd say Ogier (after Corsica) and Tanak are the main favorites. Neuville close behind because Hyundai has not shown tarmac pace this year (last year Neuville won Corsica, this year he struggled whole rally).

wrc2017
2nd August 2018, 19:58
Well surely he has shown good tarmac pace this year.
I'd say Ogier (after Corsica) and Tanak are the main favorites. Neuville close behind because Hyundai has not shown tarmac pace this year (last year Neuville won Corsica, this year he struggled whole rally).

Im all in on Otsberg and Citroen... I just cant see how they can lose... they have the best driver and the best car.

OnlyRally
4th August 2018, 10:15
Im all in on Otsberg and Citroen... I just cant see how they can lose... they have the best driver and the best car.
:D

SubaruNorway
4th August 2018, 11:36

I like your positivity, you need to get his name right soon though, It's Østberg.

Watson
4th August 2018, 11:59
I like your positivity, you need to get his name right soon though, It's Østberg.
I think it was a joke.

Essaj
4th August 2018, 12:48

Just too much work to copy paste one letter. Just like A and Ä there is a clear difference but since you prob dont have it on your keyboard you just go with the easy option.

AnttiL
4th August 2018, 12:53
Still, get the order of s and t correct.

I agree that Ø can be hard to type. Alt+0216 on Windows, using numpad. On iOS you can tap and hold O to find it. Not much difference, I don’t remember the French/Spanish accents either. Although Ostberg = cheese mountain, Østberg = east mountain

OnlyRally
4th August 2018, 22:54
Just too much work to copy paste one letter. Just like A and Ä there is a clear difference but since you prob dont have it on your keyboard you just go with the easy option.
But now it was about Otsberg, thats more wrong than just the first letter. Anyway, who is using a computer these days? All smartphones has these letters on the keyboards.

Essaj
4th August 2018, 23:01
But now it was about Otsberg, thats more wrong than just the first letter. Anyway, who is using a computer these days? All smartphones has these letters on the keyboards.

Well atleast I do. OTSberg might also be a typo but many people here still write Teemu's surname as Sunninen instead of Suninen and Juuso Nordgren is Jusso even on official WRC sites :)

ESTR
5th August 2018, 05:15
Or the weather, and probably again suni and evans faster and mut take it easy because of frenchie god out there.

Tarmop
5th August 2018, 07:56

Every normal person prefers a computer.

EstWRC
5th August 2018, 09:08
Or the weather, and probably again suni and evans faster and mut take it easy because of frenchie god out there.

Lol, drinking again?

wrcvojta
5th August 2018, 14:34
Do you have some tips where to go on Grafschaft? This year it´s quite different...

edit: One more question, where is parking for service?

ruesluporp
8th August 2018, 03:08
Do you have some tips where to go on Grafschaft? This year it´s quite different...

edit: One more question, where is parking for service?

Try this: https://motorsport-saar.de/fileadmin/user_adac_upload/Motorsport_Saar/Austausch/2018_HaBu-Vorwagen_Sonntag.pdf

Fast Eddie WRC
8th August 2018, 21:25
Ogier sticking with the new aero...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DkGrXzTWsAE9BwJ.jpg

lluisva555
8th August 2018, 22:37
It seems that additional modifications will arrive in the next rallies, to recover the aero balance of the car (now unbalanced due to the excess downforce generated at the rear), according to Rally-magazin.de interview with Massimo Carriero, from M-Sport. Full interview:

https://www.rallye-magazin.de/wrc/artikel/d/2018/08/08/m-sport-neue-aerodynamik-ist-erst-der-anfang/

mknight
8th August 2018, 22:53
It seems that additional modifications will arrive in the next rallies, to recover the aero balance of the car (now unbalanced due to the excess downforce generated at the rear), according to Rally-magazin.de interview with Massimo Carriero, from M-Sport. Full interview:

https://www.rallye-magazin.de/wrc/artikel/d/2018/08/08/m-sport-neue-aerodynamik-ist-erst-der-anfang/

Time to self-quote me after like stage 2 of Rally Finland:
https://www.motorsportforums.com/showthread.php?39799-WRC-Neste-Rally-Finland-26-29-July-2018&p=1186999&viewfull=1#post1186999)

I actually think it's quite risky for M-Sport to put new aero and dampers on Ogier's car with little testing (he said so in post stage interview). More downforce in the back can upset the balance/behavior of the car and it might not be easy to quickly change rest of the car to compensate.

The remaining question is if it was a sign of "desperation".

---------------
EDIT:
They also point out how the C3 has different sidepods while the 3 others now look very much the same. I am quite intrigued by the C3 in this regard. They had similar sidepods as everyone else up to the last test before end of 2016 then changed it.The design they use surely look like it produces less drag, but should also give less downforce no?
When they struggled to compete it didn't look like good idea to use this design but now even with it they were fighting with Toyotas in Finland. Even though it's rumored that C3 has the best engine, surely they have to have some downforce as well to keep up on a rally like that.

lluisva555
9th August 2018, 17:13
Of course it was risky, you were right, but with a disadvantage of 27 points and being second on the route, it made sense to take some risks. Not a lot to lose, if it failed. My impression is that the most annoying was in the jumps, when the car quickly pointed nose up, forcing Ogier not to push too hard. For next rallies, with a lot less jumps, the question might not be so annoying.

In any case, the thing is when the new modifications (in the front of the car) will arrive, to rebalance it. At least it will be probably in October, as Turkey does not seem the most appropriate surface for a new front aero package...we will see.

Regarding the C3 sidepod, it is true that the design is more simple than that of the other 3 cars. It sends all air towards the wake of the wheels, into the most turbulent area. Probably there's room for improvement...or they get downforce enough with the combination rear wing/diffuser and they prefer not to have any interference with the hot airflow coming from the brakes and rear differential.

rallyfiend
9th August 2018, 17:27
Ogier sticking with the new aero...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DkGrXzTWsAE9BwJ.jpg

Once any new item has been used on a chassis it must always be used on that chassis from that point on. You can't go back.

Of course he could revert to a different chassis - but that's limited to (and linked to gearbox etc).

Gabat
10th August 2018, 13:20
Could someone point in map the place from the action from the begginning, thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97yakLhHwVM ?

wrcvojta
10th August 2018, 15:13
Could someone point in map the place from the action from the begginning, thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97yakLhHwVM ?

It´s here on Panzerplatte 49.665461°N 7.332301°E :) but this year, the stage doesn´t go through this place :/

Nelly
10th August 2018, 18:22
Is it possible to see both long and short panzerplatte stages they look like they come very close to each other on the maps?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

ruesluporp
12th August 2018, 00:36
Is it possible to see both long and short panzerplatte stages they look like they come very close to each other on the maps?

Here: https://www.rally-maps.com/Rallye-Deutschland-2018

AnttiL
12th August 2018, 11:45
Greensmith crashed on tests, co-driver still in hospital

wrcvojta
12th August 2018, 19:30
Could someone who has an official magazine tell me where is parking on Thursday in St. Wendel? :) Thanks so much!

mousti
12th August 2018, 20:15
Gus Greensmith had a bad crash on a PET. Codriver Craig Parry is still in the Hospital. But they still intend to start in Trier.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

ruesluporp
13th August 2018, 02:37
Could someone who has an official magazine tell me where is parking on Thursday in St. Wendel? :) Thanks so much!

https://zupimages.net/up/18/33/axh0.jpeg (http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=18/33/axh0.jpeg)

Priorat
13th August 2018, 11:28

Perhaps this helps a little

AnttiL
13th August 2018, 14:58
Andolfi and Guerra off in today's tests.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DkeWPx8X0AA5aTN.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dkd9tR0XoAAiogn.jpg

Also, Greensmith hit a Hinkelstein at 120 km/h. Craig Parry is still hospitalized, but Greensmith starts with a new car and substitute co-driver Stuart Loudon.

hari
13th August 2018, 19:02
Some pictures from todays test:
http://www.ir7.at/content/fotos_bestof_test_vor_rallye_deutschland_2018.html

http://www.ir7.at/content/fotos/2018/deutschland_test/1.jpg
http://www.ir7.at/content/fotos/2018/deutschland_test/3.jpg
http://www.ir7.at/content/fotos/2018/deutschland_test/6.jpg
http://www.ir7.at/content/fotos/2018/deutschland_test/2.jpg
http://www.ir7.at/content/fotos/2018/deutschland_test/7.jpg
http://www.ir7.at/content/fotos/2018/deutschland_test/12.jpg

LSebastian
14th August 2018, 09:10
Can anyone tell me the location (coordinates) of this place.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97yakLhHwVM&feature=youtu.be&t=11
I was told it should be on Grafschaft, but i dont know where exactly.

And can you tell me a good spectacular place für saturday, i would prefer a place with less people not like Panzerplatte actionpoints

MartijnS
14th August 2018, 09:48
It's here; 49.888849,7.009052.

Fast Eddie WRC
14th August 2018, 11:16
M-Sport preview: http://www.m-sport.co.uk/m-sport-news/fiesta-rs-wrc/m-sport-ford-ready-for-rallye-deutschland

Fiat-131-Abarth
14th August 2018, 12:15
Is there a possibility to watch the Panzerplatte stage near of the village of Kirchenbollenbach (north east end of the stage)?
If yes, are there nice places and is there any legal possibiliity to enter the military restricted area?
Thanks in advance.

MartijnS
14th August 2018, 12:52
We've been there before. Was not a problem than. Some fast parts around there.

joannano
14th August 2018, 14:15
Hello folks!

I'm heading to Germany this weekend and got very curious about this new fan scheme announced by WRC, which includes a loyalty card for pretty good deals such as 6months free for WRC+ Live, entries to win a trip to Rally Australia and other discounts!

Press release: https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/augu...3--12-12-.html

Anyone else had a chance to see it?

Duvel
14th August 2018, 18:45
Is there a possibility to watch the Panzerplatte stage near of the village of Kirchenbollenbach (north east end of the stage)?
If yes, are there nice places and is there any legal possibiliity to enter the military restricted area?
Thanks in advance.

We also went there last year. Nice place where we could see the cars very long. On the walk back to our car we ran into a military guy who wasnt happy whit us being there.. so i dont know what would have happend if we saw that guy going to the stage?

Duvel
14th August 2018, 18:47
Any tips for the wadern stage? Seems a bit like a boring stage?

AnttiL
14th August 2018, 19:08
A lot of spins and such happened there last year, plus you get to see each car twice per run.

Hartusvuori
15th August 2018, 05:44
A lot of spins and such happened there last year, plus you get to see each car twice per run.

Last year it was a mud fest in the rain. If it stays dry now, it's another stage.

In general, it looks very boring. Maybe the short part under the trees (where Ogier spun) or later on a right-left by a line of trees, there's a junction left sign before the right hand corner and if I remember correctly, it was on cobblestones. So, a random stage for spectating. I wouldn't hurry to get there.

EstWRC
15th August 2018, 17:06
this thread is missing pictures

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/39270899_1038748736280641_8917571001034735616_o.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=a58f3f8c80357dff1c1ff7bf50d80bd3&oe=5C103CEC
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/39162760_1038748806280634_7358179611215134720_o.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=f5912f67387c2e7878cadae159a6c975&oe=5BFDE715
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/39164318_1038748509613997_5405980184769724416_o.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=d9320ecb3e23b62c390b7a9a241bf497&oe=5C0F403E
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/39139201_1067463433413640_7429258163162972160_o.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=8d5e4ac3fce0721e93764a48e28a7c66&oe=5C067ECD
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/39135975_1067463453413638_771481610758389760_o.jpg ?_nc_cat=0&oh=84d53aefc982a82d131e317e47bc7a2f&oe=5C0C7D64

credit
https://www.facebook.com/pg/atWorldphotography/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1038747752947406
https://www.facebook.com/damiensaulnierphotographie/photos/a.1067462960080354.1073742021.192393940920598/1067463446746972/?type=3&theater

video of the guys on the recce https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbBX802aL-U

mknight
15th August 2018, 19:42
Things to watch apart from the obvious title battle (in no particular order):

Østberg on tarmac - he is typically really weak on it, but with C3 maybe not so terrible, at least Breen has someone to measure against

Suninen first time on tarmac in WRC - was good in R5 but with WRC who knows
Evans on surface where he is usually best - but no good result/speed in Corsica and coming from Finland where he was really disappointing compared with last year

Lappi - in Corsica he was really fast on Saturday and first time he was fast on tarmac but Germany with changing road surface is a different story

Mikkelsen - 2nd last year in C3 and usually good results here , but will he finally figure how to drive I20 on tarmac?

EstWRC
15th August 2018, 21:21
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/39193485_1120012914824090_7264747979284676608_o.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=0f3ef5a72ccd4995d654c152a1f4bc66&oe=5C022EED
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/39119376_1120012851490763_7513008767009554432_o.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=33fc36888502365454b4bba90504bc3c&oe=5BF1CA75
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/39207049_1121220134703368_276419314871959552_o.jpg ?_nc_cat=0&oh=5ae4aa0c2a76246917d79517a19a098c&oe=5C0C19CC
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/39245273_1121220261370022_731779079103053824_o.jpg ?_nc_cat=0&oh=84a3deac2cac8f317c7905d97749a737&oe=5C0E758F
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/39249530_1038842802953729_1237034874276151296_o.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=23280ce4f40a2ee82cc035927201bc82&oe=5BFFFFA7

credit https://www.facebook.com/pg/BastienRouxPhotographie/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1120012678157447

ESTR
16th August 2018, 03:58
Evans on surface where he is usually best - but no good result/speed in Corsica and coming from Finland where he was really disappointing compared with last year

He was still fastest than Ogi and would be 6th if that bloke wouldn't cry to his boss.

I don't know why compare results from last year if every event this year is complete different story.

mknight
16th August 2018, 05:22
He was still fastest than Ogi and would be 6th if that bloke wouldn't cry to his boss.

I don't know why compare results from last year if every event this year is complete different story.

Last year in Finland Evans was 2nd and fastest Fiesta. This year with out team orders he would be 6th and slower than Suninen. That's a letdown. It makes much more sense to compare different years on same rally than to compare completely different rallies. Especially if drivers are in same cars. Looking at pickems and seeing how people put for example Østberg on 4th ahead of Latvala I have to wonder about their sanity.

EstWRC
16th August 2018, 06:39
Gooood mooorning! its shakedown time....it seems there is a delay already. quite cold morning, just over 10 degrees.

EstWRC
16th August 2018, 06:55
times now coming https://www.ewrc-results.com/shake/44263-adac-rallye-deutschland-2018/

AnttiL
16th August 2018, 07:03
Quite expected top times for the first run, but this shakedown is even more irrelevant to the whole rally than usually, since it's one of the fast countryside stages that have a very small portion of the rally length this year with more vineyards added instead. Although, it's interesting that both Citroens have almost the same time, and so far from the rest...

EstWRC
16th August 2018, 07:05
Ott not satisfied, the only one who went straight into service.

and things already happening:

@rallytravel
4m4 minutes ago
More
Spin for Ostberg and a straw bale destroyed by Dani Sordo - action packed start to Shakedown! #RallyeDeutchland

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dks2wj-XsAAZUWe.jpg

EstWRC
16th August 2018, 07:16
Tänaks car also missing some aero parts after touching a straw bail

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dks31pvW0AAQlrM.jpg

rallytravel.com

@rallytravel
8m8 minutes ago
More
What’s left of the straw bale at Z2 Shakedown after Tanak and Sordo took bites at it. Some spectators have a nice Yaris door mirror souvenir now!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dks44prX4AAyfUA.jpg

EstWRC
16th August 2018, 07:32
Breen mistake https://twitter.com/Kris_d_legg/status/1029984357614796801

Ostberg :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dks7_KfXsAAk_tP.jpg

https://twitter.com/ma_ipp

EstWRC
16th August 2018, 08:38
so, Ogier and Tänak the two fastest on every run so far. for me its interesting because those two dont push on shakedown usually.

mknight
16th August 2018, 08:51
so, Ogier and Tänak the two fastest on every run so far. for me its interesting because those two dont push on shakedown usually.

Ogier won the SD here last year. Tänak did his 2 last runs 1 hour after the others... and the stage isn't very similar to rest of rally. Still doesn't look like Hyundai improved since Corsica.

dimviii
16th August 2018, 09:01
Rovanpera was out of road

AnttiL
16th August 2018, 09:25
Rovanpera was out of road

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DktM5uLX4AABBPZ.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DktN8EjW4AAWkAN.jpg

Zeakiwi
16th August 2018, 09:45
I hope Ostberg has not cooked the engine with the plastic

Fast Eddie WRC
16th August 2018, 11:01
Breen:
Shakedown is done and dusted here at #RallyDeustchland. We took 6th fastest time but were on a very conservative pace just to get the feeling correct in the car. All systems are now go and we are ready for a good event!
https://t.co/As3JJ9qSwZ

Fast Eddie WRC
16th August 2018, 11:28
Rovanpera off

https://youtu.be/8Z7Ara2zwz0

Tauri_J
16th August 2018, 11:44
Ogier won the SD here last year. Tänak did his 2 last runs 1 hour after the others... and the stage isn't very similar to rest of rally. Still doesn't look like Hyundai improved since Corsica.

If he went later than others, then the road was even dirtier for him. Btw Tänak said that the SD road was pretty representative for the whole rally
https://twitter.com/Michelin_Sport/status/1030037482677706754 (https://twitter.com/Michelin_Sport/status/1030037482677706754)

EstWRC
16th August 2018, 11:45
shakedown https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcmtqoVP5oQ
Rovanpera, Lefebvre moments https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAsiGFb1EDc

mknight
16th August 2018, 11:51
If he went later than others, then the road was even dirtier for him. Btw Tänak said that the SD road was pretty representative for the whole rally
https://twitter.com/Michelin_Sport/status/1030037482677706754 (https://twitter.com/Michelin_Sport/status/1030037482677706754)

Everyone kept improving their times with later passes. Neuville and Sordo went for 4th and 5th pass (for Neuville) 3 hours after the start of SD (and after Tanak's last pass) and still got their best times.

Tauri_J
16th August 2018, 11:57
4th and 5th are meaningless. There were probably huge cuts when couple hundred cars have passed the stage.

Fast Eddie WRC
16th August 2018, 11:59
4th and 5th are meaningless. There were probably huge cuts when couple hundred cars have passed the stage.

The straw bale chicanes were smashed to pieces too.

EstWRC
16th August 2018, 12:46
shakedown https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWV8FPe5vFo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=ZgqkjN1llt8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xicAxt_ALYk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxV8oeJqgd4

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/39406212_1039652886190226_3048094691758178304_o.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=93f826a4f392357477a41aac61093ec2&oe=5BEDB4B7

wrc2017
16th August 2018, 12:56

dirtier maybe, but large cuts

Fast Eddie WRC
16th August 2018, 15:24
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dktx6V2W0AAYX0t.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dktx6V4X0AE6Pp7.jpg

HarriK
16th August 2018, 17:40
Pöh... Last minutes before ss1 and cant do my pickems... I was one minute too late...

Simmi
16th August 2018, 17:45
Germany really leading the way when it comes to shithouse super specials.

mknight
16th August 2018, 17:46
quite bad stage with a trap kerb....

Anyway I wonder how they are going to handle moved hay-bales? Penalties as now seems to be the tradition? Also will they get time to move them back to right positions? What if one gets destroyed like on SD?

EDIT:
Kreim allready touched 2. 1 of them is damaged and one was moved a tiny bit.

stefanvv
16th August 2018, 17:49
Germany really leading the way when it comes to shithouse super specials.

Soooooo many places you can go out of the route by hitting a bale.

EstWRC
16th August 2018, 17:50
Toyotas with hards

Michelin Motorsport

@Michelin_Sport
19m19 minutes ago
More
#Tyre info - SS1:

All Michelin @OfficialWRC drivers with 4 Pilot Sport S6 + 1 Pilot Sport H5, except Toyota with 5 Pilot Sport H5

mknight
16th August 2018, 17:51
Saving softs due to possible rain tomorrow afternoon?

EstWRC
16th August 2018, 17:54
Saving softs due to possible rain tomorrow afternoon?

yep, bluuford said to estonian media it will (maybe) be very tricky tomorrow ;)

mknight
16th August 2018, 18:01
That understeer!! Also Suninen with old mirrors on the car.
(EDIT: Evans also old mirrors)

EstWRC
16th August 2018, 18:11
what the hell is Jari doing

mknight
16th August 2018, 18:13
what the hell is Jari doing

Quite likely he'll get penalty for that.

BigWorm
16th August 2018, 18:13
More hay than clean tarmac on the track now

mknight
16th August 2018, 18:19
More hay than clean tarmac on the track now

Meh, not much. And they get rubber from all the previous cars, so it should get faster.

EstWRC
16th August 2018, 18:26
all the fords look horrbile on this stage, like the stage itself, ridicuoulous one

BigWorm
16th August 2018, 18:27
Meh, not much. And they get rubber from all the previous cars, so it should get faster.

It was a bit of an exaggeration to the amount of haybale-clipping done by JML

mknight
16th August 2018, 18:28
all the fords look horrbile on this stage

Ogier wasn't looking so bad. But Suninen and Evans yes. All with old mirrors including Ogier btw.

However, Breen's C3 looked epic through that long right corner compared with all others.

BigWorm
16th August 2018, 18:31
Strange lines by Neuville into the sweeping right hander

Fast Eddie WRC
16th August 2018, 18:36
Neuville seems not bothered by losing time to Ogier on the SSS. Did he forget his two wins by less than a second.

BigWorm
16th August 2018, 18:37
Neuville seems not bothered by losing time to Ogier on the SSS. Did he forget his two wins by less than a second.

Well he lost time on those SSS you're talking about!

hari
16th August 2018, 18:59
Some images from Thursday: http://www.ir7.at/content/fotos_bestof_wrc_adac_rallye_deutschland_2018.html

http://www.ir7.at/content/fotos/2018/deutschland/1.jpg
http://www.ir7.at/content/fotos/2018/deutschland/3.jpg
http://www.ir7.at/content/fotos/2018/deutschland/14.jpg
http://www.ir7.at/content/fotos/2018/deutschland/9.jpg

EstWRC
16th August 2018, 19:01
lol, Rovanpera just a tenth from Tänak!

very very nice clean stage from him.

mknight
16th August 2018, 19:01
Well there is now tons of rubber on the track, but still quite impressive from Rovanpera.

stefanvv
16th August 2018, 19:04
lol, Rovanpera just a tenth from Tänak!

very very nice clean stage from him.

Those Skodas are really good, eh?

mknight
16th August 2018, 19:14
Those Skodas are really good, eh?

Well 5 ouf of top 10(11) cars are WRC2 and 2 are Fiesta R5s....

racerx1979
16th August 2018, 19:14
When are they going to get rid of this horrible style Special Stage in Germany. It's been pure shiat for years and drivers are always complaining yet they have the same structure every year...

mknight
16th August 2018, 19:20
When are they going to get rid of this horrible style Special Stage in Germany. It's been pure shiat for years and drivers are always complaining yet they have the same structure every year...

At least this year it wasn't easy to rip a wheel off.

mknight
16th August 2018, 19:26
Well 5 ouf of top 10(11) cars are WRC2 and 2 are Fiesta R5s....

Self correct... now it's R5s on 2nd and 3rd.

RS
16th August 2018, 19:42
Well there is now tons of rubber on the track, but still quite impressive from Rovanpera.

Very good! Might not be a proper rally stage but you still need some skills to punt a car round here.

I expect Kopecky would have won the stage had he run later.

Mirek
16th August 2018, 19:45
Very good! Might not be a proper rally stage but you still need some skills to punt a car round here..

The stage is completely stupid and there's absolutely nothing to win there.

HarriK
16th August 2018, 20:02
Opel adam crashed just at first corner. Watched from wrc+ live it.

Fast Eddie WRC
16th August 2018, 20:52

Speaking of close winning margins, did Gary Boyd post his brilliant stat about this ?

Gary Boyd @KiwiWRCfan

"It's all about tenths ! Neuville currently leads Ogier by 21 points in WRC drivers title chase.

If Seb had been 0.8sec. faster or Thierry just 0.8sec slower on any Sardegna stage then Seb would have 7 more points and Thierry 7 fewer points.
Current gap would be just 7 points !"

Rally Power
16th August 2018, 23:53
A real piece of crap this SSS…gladly it seems no one was penalized for moving the bales. Still, the best option would be following ERC Rally Azores example: Thursday night street stage is just for the show; no results are taken, allowing drivers to be more spectacular as they don’t risk a stupid bale penalty or loose time for doing some extra donuts to wow the crowd.

Anyway, proper action starts in just a few hours and it’s looking promising!

racerx1979
17th August 2018, 00:12
Or weird issues where the organizers gave Andreas only 7 seconds to start his car and GO GO GO!!.. What a joke.

steve.mandzij
17th August 2018, 03:01
Is it how tight they are that makes Germany SSS so dreadful? I remember cars crashing into each other last year.
Or weird issues where the organizers gave Andreas only 7 seconds to start his car and GO GO GO!!.. What a joke.

AnttiL
17th August 2018, 05:35
A real piece of crap this SSS…gladly it seems no one was penalized for moving the bales.

In Portugal the street stage penalties came on the last day?

AnttiL
17th August 2018, 06:55
So maybe some rain on the afternoon stages?

https://www.yr.no/place/Germany/Rhineland-Palatinate/Trier/hour_by_hour.html
https://www.yr.no/place/Germany/Rhineland-Palatinate/Morbach/hour_by_hour.html
https://www.yr.no/place/Germany/Rhineland-Palatinate/Schweich/hour_by_hour.html
https://www.yr.no/place/Germany/Saarland/Wadern/hour_by_hour.html

HaCo
17th August 2018, 07:31
Live from SS2 Stein und Wein, pretty cloudy out here.

HaCo
17th August 2018, 08:09
SUn came through in the meantime, Toyota is giving away goodies, great!

dimviii
17th August 2018, 08:37
good morning guys!
Tanak must be in a very good mood.Watch his last twit. Sorry that i dont post it directly,but i am on vacations and have a failure at my laptop.

bigattack
17th August 2018, 08:45
Looking at all live yesterdays SSS, it looks like the hyundai (neuville) still understeers, the ford (ogier) is not exactly balanced either as it looks like seb is more wrestling it and the toyota (ott) is all harmony. Lets see what it means on the stages.

KKS
#tyre (https://twitter.com/hashtag/tyre?src=hash) info -
Day 1 Morning
WRC
Citroën with 4 Pilot Sport H5 + 2 Pilot Sport S6
Toyota 5H
Ogier & Evans 4H1S
Suninen 4H2S
Neuville & Mikkelsen 4H2S
Sordo 4H1S

mknight
Well he (Tanak) has nothing to loose as he already has proven both his and the cars speed this year and won rallies and has good point margin not to loose 3rd in champ.

... and at the same time he just posted fastest stage time and still has a shot at the title. Can't be better.

KKS
17th August 2018, 08:46
Looking at all live yesterdays SSS, it looks like the hyundai (neuville) still understeers, the ford (ogier) is not exactly balanced either as it looks like seb is more wrestling it and the toyota (ott) is all harmony. Lets see what it means on the stages.
All cars understeer yesterday except few Skoda's

N.O.T
17th August 2018, 08:48
ok the rally is on...

be cool...

mknight
17th August 2018, 08:48
All cars understeer yesterday except few Skoda's

Not Breen's C3.

Rallyper
17th August 2018, 08:54
Morning guys. I´m here as well.

EstWRC
17th August 2018, 08:55
alllive cutting for you guys as well?

Rallyper
17th August 2018, 08:56

no.

EstWRC
17th August 2018, 08:57
neck and neck the guys like i prediected! great to watch

KKS
17th August 2018, 09:01
Sordo's split not impressive from the beginning

dimviii
17th August 2018, 09:01
Sordo not good

HarriK
17th August 2018, 09:02
do you have that scrolling etc buttons all the time under all live video? I can't get those off anymore!

joannano
17th August 2018, 09:02
Hi folks!

I'm getting all gassed up because it's my first time in a WRC Rally! You will understand how excited I am, finally being able to attend this event!

Nevertheless....yesterday morning I went to the Service Park and encountered the WRC P1 stand. Didn't understand what was this, but apparently is a new WRC fan scheme! (Press release: https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/august-2018/nano-nino/page/5643--12-12-.html)

I have to admit that it did caught my eye. I went in to have a look....and boy, oh boy! Really nice and clean design, interesting offers and benefits. Something like this was needed, I think!

Rally fans, we just love any sort of memorabilia, anything, to remember the experience! And with this card I feel like this can be achieved!

Check it out guys! And maybe you get as excited as I am! Link: https://p1.wrc.com/

Enjoy this weekend!!

KKS
17th August 2018, 09:03
Good 2nd split for Latvala.

EstWRC
17th August 2018, 09:04
do you have that scrolling etc buttons all the time under all live video? I can't get those off anymore!

yes and i get this error all the time, it plays like only for two minutes and then this: "the connection to the server was interrupted" and i have to start again.

KKS
17th August 2018, 09:04
same.
But at Finland I somehow can manage to hide it

HaCo
17th August 2018, 09:05
Here you go guys: https://youtu.be/PGo9Jgt_gzE
Super atmosphère!

N.O.T
17th August 2018, 09:06
Here you go guys: https://youtu.be/PGo9Jgt_gzE
Super atmosphère!

what a great spot...

KKS
17th August 2018, 09:07
yes and i get this error all the time, it plays like only for two minutes and then this: "the connection to the server was interrupted" and i have to start again.
try to clear all cookies. I even can't start alllive yesterday evening without that

KKS
17th August 2018, 09:15
Shitroen back to they normal position! Good decision to quit Meeke and occupied bottom of a list!

mknight
17th August 2018, 09:16
Shitroen back to they normal position! Good decision to quit Meeke and occupied bottom of a list!

By this time last year Meeke was already out of the rally ;)

dimviii
17th August 2018, 09:23
Solans faster at splits till now at wrc2

KKS
17th August 2018, 09:23
By this time last year Meeke was already out of the rally ;)
Rallying2.

KKS
17th August 2018, 09:27
Looks like Griebel will be fastest at WRC2

mknight
17th August 2018, 09:28
Looks like Griebel will be fastest at WRC2

In DS3 WRC car...

Fast Eddie WRC
17th August 2018, 09:35

That was driving me mad last night too. Stupid... wont even disappear when going full-screen. :(

AnttiL
17th August 2018, 09:44
Great time from Solans, although Kopecky showing already who's the man.

EstWRC
17th August 2018, 09:48
calm down Ott

AL14
17th August 2018, 09:52
calm down Ott

He's not listening to you apparently :)

AnttiL
17th August 2018, 09:55
Tänak is flying. And no one is getting even close the top 3 guys.

On the first stage the Hyundai guys were already struggling, just like in Corsica.

EstWRC
17th August 2018, 09:56
Neuville leaking gearbox oil?

KKS
17th August 2018, 09:57
In DS3 WRC car...
my bad :(

mknight
17th August 2018, 09:57
On the first stage the Hyundai guys were already struggling, just like in Corsica.

Yes already shaping for another write-off rally for Hyundai. Add Spain (likely) and they will loose both championships because of tarmac + Finland performance.

Rallyper
17th August 2018, 09:58
Red oil indicates powersteering leakage...? (Neuville car)

dimviii
Tanak leading with 4,2 sec

N.O.T
Tanak comes really fast...

Eric
17th August 2018, 10:01
what on earth are the Hyundai engineers doing between the tarmac rallies???? Nothing?? Unbelievable

dimviii
17th August 2018, 10:01
Evans with good 2nd split

Lead
17th August 2018, 10:04
Mikkelsen is way off the pace...

Fast Eddie WRC
Great time by Tanak. Last year's winner so should be no surprise now.

AnttiL
Evans with good 2nd split

Closest to the top three right now

Not surprising, remembering how he did in Corsica. He was good here last year, but he cannot drive the i20 on tarmac.

Ucci
17th August 2018, 10:05
Uff, Tanak surprised me....well done.

mknight
17th August 2018, 10:06

Great time by Tanak. Last year's winner so should be no surprise now.

Last year these 2 were fighting for lead on Friday.... this year both in different cars.

AnttiL
17th August 2018, 10:06
Mads losing some seconds there at third split, probably a spin or something

Rallyper
17th August 2018, 10:07
Seems to be a lot of dirt on the stage after a few cars... Is it what hampering the cars down the line?

AnttiL
17th August 2018, 10:07
Lappi-Sordo-Latvala battle seems good.

EDIT: Elfyn just joined in :D

Fast Eddie WRC
17th August 2018, 10:08
Not bad time for Evans on the dirty road.

Ucci
17th August 2018, 10:09
Lappi-Sordo-Latvala battle seems good.

EDIT: Elfyn just joined in :D

Already a second league....

KKS
17th August 2018, 10:10
WRC freak‏ @FakeHinkelstein (https://twitter.com/FakeHinkelstein) 2m2 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/FakeHinkelstein/status/1030387280131837952)More

Its raining on SS3 hard #wrc (https://twitter.com/hashtag/wrc?src=hash)

Fast Eddie WRC
17th August 2018, 10:11
Uh-oh Neuville !

Eric
ooooooooh Neuville! No no no

AnttiL
Neuville stopped on road section

Mads spun and complained how hard it is to use the handbrake with the torque split of C3

Suninen has also lost time at the last split, probably a spin.

EDIT: or is it just the rain?

dimviii
17th August 2018, 10:13
Toyota only with hards,lets see

BigWorm
17th August 2018, 10:13
Let's hope he can make it to service

HarriK
17th August 2018, 10:14
It started to rain on SS3

Rallyper
17th August 2018, 10:15
Neuville on the run again. Left a spot of oil on the road where he stopped.

Fast Eddie WRC
17th August 2018, 10:15
Unlucky drivers hitting that rain.

EstWRC
17th August 2018, 10:22
any word about the rain on SS4?

Fast Eddie WRC
17th August 2018, 10:24
Good run in the wet by Gus Greensmith matching Kopecky.

AnttiL
17th August 2018, 10:27
Neuville's oil leak should be fixed, says Nandan

Fast Eddie WRC
17th August 2018, 10:28
any word about the rain on SS4?

Not according to Nandan.

cosmin_sb
17th August 2018, 10:31
Bonato faster in wrc2

dimviii
17th August 2018, 10:34
Bonato faster in wrc2

and 1,3 sec slower from Kopecky at general classification

MartijnS
17th August 2018, 10:34
4 dry and sunny

RS
17th August 2018, 10:37
Bonato faster in wrc2

Now Kreim.

dimviii
17th August 2018, 10:41
Now Kreim.

on pirellis...
also Kajto and Solans on pirellis

AMSS
17th August 2018, 10:47
on pirellis...
also Kajto and Solans on pirellis

What happened to Kreim on SS2?

HaCo
17th August 2018, 10:52
What happened to Kreim on SS2?

Saw him passing with a puncture.

Marcco
17th August 2018, 11:02
Seems to be a lot of dirt on the stage after a few cars... Is it what hampering the cars down the line?

Yes, it looks this way. Top 3 are fast while their team-mates are nowhere near.

HaCo
17th August 2018, 11:12
On SS4 now, very sunny, hot, I can see start and finish.

Fast Eddie WRC
17th August 2018, 11:15
Good run in the wet by Gus Greensmith matching Kopecky.

Even more impressive:

After 🇩🇪 SS3
“Aquaplained off into a curb & lost my rear left wheel. 3 wheels for 2km but fixed now”. #MSport #FordPerformance

Tauri_J
17th August 2018, 11:18

lol no

Fast Eddie WRC
17th August 2018, 11:32
That was driving me mad last night too. Stupid... wont even disappear when going full-screen. :(

Anyone found how to stop this happening ?

Rallyper
17th August 2018, 11:35
lol no

Really?

HaCo
17th August 2018, 11:38
Not the nicest of stages...

Tauri_J
17th August 2018, 11:44
Really?

Have you even following this season?

Ogier, Neuville and Tänak are in another league. If they would start from the back, they would still beat everyone else, only with lesser gaps.

Neuville even said that there could be a little cleaning after him, he felt he was sliding a lot on a dusty asphalt.

EstWRC
what the hell is going on with Mikkelsen this season? this is just ridiculous

Lead
Huge understeer from Mikkelssen's car.

Fast Eddie WRC
17th August 2018, 11:45
7s down on a 5 minute stage !

HaCo
17th August 2018, 11:48
Mikkelsen is nowhere...

mknight
17th August 2018, 11:49

He's exactly same place on tarmac with Hyundai as he was in Spain last year... nowhere. Funny that it seems Hyundai doesn't care (1,5 day test before Germany).

I get their priority now is Neuville and manu champs... but Neuville is 3rd on their home rally and Sordo is getting beaten by Lappi and Evans on tarmac.

AnttiL
17th August 2018, 11:49

He explained it on the interview, his driving style doesn't fit the i20 on tarmac. He's not as aggressive on the steering wheel as the other drivers. In the more unstable C3 that style worked better.

Eric
17th August 2018, 11:50

The polo and c3 was obviously better for him. With those cars he was a top three driver. Now he is actually one of the slowest driver in WRC. He was really fast in Sardegna and portugal but Finland and now Germany has been a joke. He has to do something. Quick. At the moment im not sure i would rate him over Sordo and Paddon.

Eric
17th August 2018, 11:51
He's exactly same place on tarmac with Hyundai as he was in Spain last year... nowhere. Funny that it seems Hyundai doesn't care (1,5 day test before Germany).

I get their priority now is Neuville and manu champs... but Neuville is 3rd on their home rally and Sordo is getting beaten by Lappi and Evans on tarmac.

The Hyundai is clearly the slowest car on tarmac. It only suits Neuville, and not even he is able to go as fast as he should.

mknight
17th August 2018, 11:54
The Hyundai is clearly the slowest car on tarmac. It only suits Neuville, and not even he is able to go as fast as he should.

With Germany and Spain on tarmac and fighting for both championships I'd expect them to be testing on tarmac like hell before Germany. Instead all drivers got like 1 day and a bit of test and as Nandan said they only worked a bit on setup.
I get they can "sacrifice" Finland cause it's one rally ( a bit like Toyota "sacrifices" Mexico) but 3 tarmac rallies that's too much.

KKS
17th August 2018, 11:58
Latvala looks like a broken man... again

mknight
17th August 2018, 12:00
Latvala looks like a broken man... again

One thing is Tanak coming in and being faster, but now Lappi being consistently faster on tarmac is probably too much.

er88
17th August 2018, 12:01
Yeah but he couldn't drive the c3 on gravel at all either. He's just not as good or as fast as people made him out to be I'm afraid to say. He was at vw for years in basically a one team championship, yet won 1 rally on pace alone? Spain was the biggest gift ever from Seb. Even his best result this season was overshadowed by getting beaten by Breen in his "home rally" and blown away by Neuville. Let's hope for his sake he can have a good end to the season and find some extra speed, and take that into next year.
He explained it on the interview, his driving style doesn't fit the i20 on tarmac. He's not as aggressive on the steering wheel as the other drivers. In the more unstable C3 that style worked better.

Fast Eddie WRC
17th August 2018, 12:01

Reply from WRC+ Support:

' We have already recognized the problem and at the moment we are working hard to solve it as soon as possible.
We apologize for any inconvenience and would like to ask you to retry later. Thank you ! '

EstWRC
17th August 2018, 12:05
standings going into lunch

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DkzFaUiX4AAG2kI.jpg

Eric
17th August 2018, 12:07
With Germany and Spain on tarmac and fighting for both championships I'd expect them to be testing on tarmac like hell before Germany. Instead all drivers got like 1 day and a bit of test and as Nandan said they only worked a bit on setup.
I get they can "sacrifice" Finland cause it's one rally ( a bit like Toyota "sacrifices" Mexico) but 3 tarmac rallies that's too much.

Hyundai have been in WRC for many years now, they have the biggest budget together with Toyota and yet the car is this bad on tarmac. Im starting to think the guys on the top are doing a pretty shitty job.

er88
17th August 2018, 12:09
The polo and c3 was obviously better for him. With those cars he was a top three driver. Now he is actually one of the slowest driver in WRC. He was really fast in Sardegna and portugal but Finland and now Germany has been a joke. He has to do something. Quick. At the moment im not sure i would rate him over Sordo and Paddon.When he was crawling through the stages last season in the c3 in Sardinia, he did a tv interview where he said he could walk into the i20 and be fast straight away as that car was more like the Polo (compared to the c3 which was totally different to drive). I think he's just having a bad year and isn't as fast or competitive as many thought he was. When he was over looked by Makinen it was made out like he was a nailed on future champion by some. He needs to step up because Neuville is winning this championship in the same car and Sordo is having a good season too.

mknight
17th August 2018, 12:10
Yeah but he couldn't drive the c3 on gravel at all either. He's just not as good or as fast as people made him out to be I'm afraid to say. He was at vw for years in basically a one team championship, yet won 1 rally on pace alone? Spain was the biggest gift ever from Seb. Even his best result this season was overshadowed by getting beaten by Breen in his "home rally" and blown away by Neuville. Let's hope for his sake he can have a good end to the season and find some extra speed, and take that into next year.

Nobody could drive C3 on gravel last year without crashing, just that Meeke managed to win one rally WITH crashing ;)
But yeah as said many times before compared to the 3 rallies in Hyundai last year this year is terrible.

Btw. Mikkelsen has led 3 rallies this year. Latvala has not led any rally for a single stage after fighting for the title mid-way last year... and this is in the same car. That's for me even bigger disappointment than Mikkelsen.